Pizza Hut in anime...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Piero on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 14:11

Okay, has Pizza Hut seriously got into anime product placement, or were these all made by people who thought their product placement in Code Geass was funny?










Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Nuke is Good on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 14:32

If Otaku will buy a $14 dollar plain rice Bento box with the NERV logo on it, I'm sure they'll buy pizza that shows up in their anime.

Product placement got out of control in MGS4, maybe its because of my disdain of Apple.
avatar
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Location : New Jersey

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 14:51

I am now officially in the mood for some eat Lover's goodness. Hmm, ten minutes till they accept delivery. I am sooo missing SF right now. Cry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
avatar
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Location : California Republic

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 14:58

These are indeed official tie-ins from 2008.

Anime News Network Link on Kannagi being added.

And per Wiki's entry on Pizza Hut:

Pizza Hut is also advertised in anime such as Code Geass, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Darker Than Black and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, though in the translated versions of Code Geass the logo was removed, leaving only the red roof logo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
avatar
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Location : Seattle / Tokyo / Milan

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 15:08

I had Pizza Hut for the first time in YEARS...monday. It was yummy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
avatar
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Location : Dover, Delaware

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Sakura on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 23:57

I'm now craving a pepperoni lover's pizza.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
"You treacherous bitch!" -rustyspring (After I pwned him)
avatar
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Location : California

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:04

Man, Pizza Hut is so greasy and bad for you...it's been forged by Lucifer himself!....Meh screw it.

*Grabs a slice*


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
avatar
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Five_X on Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:53

See, Piero? Effective!

Plus, Pizza Hut supports the Rebellion. That's srs bizness, man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
avatar
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Location : Canada

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 2:14

I didn't believe that Bakemonogatari one at first, but this article made me believe it. Apparently it's not just promotional art, but actual pizzas based off of series.
avatar
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Location : Texas

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Godot on Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 23:30

@Kiskaloo wrote:These are indeed official tie-ins from 2008.

Anime News Network Link on Kannagi being added.

And per Wiki's entry on Pizza Hut:

Pizza Hut is also advertised in anime such as Code Geass, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Darker Than Black and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, though in the translated versions of Code Geass the logo was removed, leaving only the red roof logo.

Darker than Black too? It was fine in Code Geass since all the mind-bogglingly retarded plot twists and the like made it into a "just for fun" kind of show where it blended in. But, having only seen 4 episodes, I thought Darker than Black was a show to be taken seriously. Apple computers might blend in into most shows but all these shows are missing now is having Cheese-kun make an appearance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." - Kino's Journey
avatar
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Location : Chicago

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by maverick375 on Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 23:51

For delivery I'm strictly a Papa John's guy. The only Pizza hut pizza I ever truly enjoyed was in the dining room, and was accompanied by a pitcher of cold beer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
avatar
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Location : Ohio

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Piero on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 1:17

@Godot wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:These are indeed official tie-ins from 2008.

Anime News Network Link on Kannagi being added.

And per Wiki's entry on Pizza Hut:

Pizza Hut is also advertised in anime such as Code Geass, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Darker Than Black and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, though in the translated versions of Code Geass the logo was removed, leaving only the red roof logo.

Darker than Black too? It was fine in Code Geass since all the mind-bogglingly retarded plot twists and the like made it into a "just for fun" kind of show where it blended in. But, having only seen 4 episodes, I thought Darker than Black was a show to be taken seriously. Apple computers might blend in into most shows but all these shows are missing now is having Cheese-kun make an appearance.

For a lot of these shows I think it's more a promotional art tie in. I've watched Darker Than Black and Macross Frontier and I don't remember Pizza Hut actually making an appearance in either of them. Railgun might have actually had an appearance, I do remember pizzas in there although I don't remember anything indicating a specific brand. Then again, I managed to miss the Pizza Hut logos in Code Geass too.

I think I'm more amused than anything else.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 1:34

Lorenzo: The Americans offered us that tie-in as well, but it just wasn't right...we're Italian's after all!

Triela: Wait a minute...those other series got dozens of free pizza's as part of the deal! What do you mean you turned them down!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
avatar
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Location : Hudson Valley, New York

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Alfisti on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 4:44

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Lorenzo: The Americans offered us that tie-in as well, but it just wasn't right...we're Italian's after all!

Triela: Wait a minute...those other series got dozens of free pizza's as part of the deal! What do you mean you turned them down!?

Monty: Well there was that Audi sponsorship deal that was being talked about awhile ago [sorry, can't find the thread that was on]

Triela: So? Just how would that, in any way, shape or form, benefit me the same way free pizza would?

Elio: (Quietly to Lorenzo) Good thing we never told her about the one we were trying to broker with Glenfiddich.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
avatar
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Location : A Town by the Sea, NSW Central Coast, Australia

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 5:45

@Alfisti wrote:
Elio: (Quietly to Lorenzo) Good thing we never told her about the one we were trying to broker with Glenfiddich.

Hmmm...Triela coughed when she sampled the local wine in Montalcino. I think it might be amusing to give her a belt of whisky just to see what would happen. Alternate plan; Hillshire could introduce her to a particular variety of schnapps (Mosel-Trester) that we called Eifel Diesel during my military days.

Monty: You blokes are a bunch of arseholes.

Hillshire: Call it what you want...this is training.

Lorenzo: When she stops gagging we're gonna train her to drink Tequilla.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
avatar
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Location : Hudson Valley, New York

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Alfisti on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 5:56

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Alternate plan; Hillshire could introduce her to a particular variety of schnapps (Mosel-Trester) that we called Eifel Diesel during my military days.

Monty: You blokes are a bunch of arseholes.

Hillshire: Call it what you want...this is training.

Lorenzo: When she stops gagging we're gonna train her to drink Tequilla.
Monty: She can share hangover stories with Marisa.

Triela: I haaam fahhhhn. Dun't go cashting noshturshions on maah name or Iaahl go hall Jackie Chan on yhor arse. [I wish I was as good as Robert at that]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
avatar
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Location : A Town by the Sea, NSW Central Coast, Australia

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 10:02

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:Lorenzo: The Americans offered us that tie-in as well, but it just wasn't right...we're Italian's after all!

Triela: Wait a minute...those other series got dozens of free pizza's as part of the deal! What do you mean you turned them down!?

Monty: Well there was that Audi sponsorship deal that was being talked about awhile ago [sorry, can't find the thread that was on]

Triela: So? Just how would that, in any way, shape or form, benefit me the same way free pizza would?

Elio: (Quietly to Lorenzo) Good thing we never told her about the one we were trying to broker with Glenfiddich.

Kara signed her own sponsorship deals on the side with Audi, Bombay Spirits and Beretta:





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
avatar
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Location : Seattle / Tokyo / Milan

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza Hut in anime...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum