My first compilation

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 13:56

My first compilation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tWni03YDKQ
Please vote

Back to top Go down

Re: My first compilation

Post by Robert Frazer on Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 14:34

"Bring Me to Life" is certainly a good fit for GSG, so positive marks for your thematic consistency there.

Any first attempt is always going to be a little rough, so don't worry too much, but there is room for improvement here.

First of all, subtitles are a big no-no in AMV-making - they make videos look amateurish and many people will pass over videos because of them. It's best to deactivate the subs when you're recording, or else crop the image so that the subtitles are not visible if they're hardsubs that you can't remove.

Also, I didn't really get any impression of 'flow' from the video - while the general music and subject material fitted, the actual images on the screen weren't as tidy. A good AMV will have the video match the rhythm and timbre of the music. One example here is the first chorus - when the guitars come in loudly and they start singing "Wake me up" would have been an ideally dramatic and striking exclamation-point moment for the shooting to start, but you missed that by having Elsa kill the door guard early; you missed another cue when she didn't start running from the lift until the chorus had already been going for a few seconds, instead of having her again leap into action when the music changes key.

Don't be discouraged, though - there's potential there and I'm sure your next one will be much improved. Keep at it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: My first compilation

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 14:41

Thanks
for advice Smile