Cyborg Education

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cyborg Education

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 21:47

@Alfisti wrote:I like to think Monty has slightly more eloquent ways of expresing her displeasure...

...besides, she could have a lot more fun writing creative bullshit.

Hilshire (in class): "Well... all of your papers this week were... interesting."

Kara: "Monty helped us."

Hilshire: "And that explains that. I thought I recognized some of the prose. Okay, open your texts to Page..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10884

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 6:16

Why do i get the feeling that Hillshire has tried to make a career for himself in teaching? I don't see anyone else take up the task of playing Teach.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 7:20

@Tommygunner70 wrote:Why do i get the feeling that Hillshire has tried to make a career for himself in teaching? I don't see anyone else take up the task of playing Teach.
Nobody is shown teaching a whole class in canon, but Hillshire does seem to be a good fit for the job. Perhaps when Triela finally passes away he can move into a full-time teaching role.

Those writing fanfictions have come up with all kinds of arrangements for the girls' academic classes...and almost all of them seem to involve Hillshire in some capacity.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 10:41

Triela does note that she'd prefer to train on the outdoor shooting range than sit through one of Mr. Hilshire's lectures. That at least implies that the girls do have some formal education sessions, though it may be one-on-one with their handlers.

Claes, for example, notes that every Wednesday she is shown a movie by Jean and then required to write an essay on it, but that seems to be a private class.

Myself and others have speculated the girls need some formal education and social skills training to help them "blend in" with the outside world they operate in and it makes sense for a "team building" side for them to have at least some classes together. So we've started to assign such roles to the canon and OC handlers in our fiction.

(I think Michele would be a science teacher: engineering, physics and chemistry with plenty of astronomy field trips. Probably history, too, since he loves that subject.)

The Generation One and Generation Two girls seem close enough in age that each group could probably have a basic, combined curriculum appropriate for each age group (scuola primaria for the G1s and scuola secondaria for the G2s). They would then also have individual study with their handlers. Though I could see Marisa chafing at having to attend classes with the G1s since even though she's a Second Generation cyborg, she's also 11. Wink

Marisa: "But Elio, the Second Generation girls gets to do so much more fun things! They have driving school and machine shop class and get to read books that aren't full of pictures!"

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 11:23

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Tommygunner70 wrote:Why do i get the feeling that Hillshire has tried to make a career for himself in teaching? I don't see anyone else take up the task of playing Teach.
Nobody is shown teaching a whole class in canon, but Hillshire does seem to be a good fit for the job. Perhaps when Triela finally passes away he can move into a full-time teaching role.

Those writing fanfictions have come up with all kinds of arrangements for the girls' academic classes...and almost all of them seem to involve Hillshire in some capacity.
He does seem to be the most academically inclined of the handlers, not just in terms of gaining the knowledge but being willing to pass it on as well. Yes, as Kisk said, Jean shows Claes a video every week, but it's a pretty hands-off approach where as Hilshire is depicted sitting down with Triela as she writes an essay. Essentially Jean appears to be pursuing Claes' education out of a need to fulfill the duties of a handler as he sees them. Hilshire on the other hand genuinely seems to be interested in passing the knowledge on.

Add that to some of his statements that he's somewhat socially inept and that'd also play to the academic stereotype.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5716

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 12:22

Alpha was the physical education teacher initially upon his return, but was removed from the position officially because the administration felt that his class was too extraneous. The real reason was due to uniform discrepancies. Some handlers complained that the uniforms were worn too tight (not Petra's fault, Triela on the other hand...) or for looking the other way on accessorizing (Kara).

Alpha: So long as they break that 4 minute mile at the beginning of class and again at the end, I don't care. -blows whistle- Britanny get the lead out! Say you were late in getting to the beach and it was a mad dash in getting to the surf, what are you going to do, walk and wait and hope that they let you have a slot?

Brittany: I(huff)hate(puff)you(wheeze)and I'm(cough)telling Biff.

-Later-
Biff(cooking dinner): A mile in four minutes?
Britanny: See Biff, he's making all of us run entirely too hard. Even all of the girls are complaining too.
Biff: Really>
Britanny: Y...yeah...kinda.
Biff: I don't know Brit, I've seen you nearly break the sound barrier sprinting for the beginning release of the new fashion season.
Britanny: Biff, that's entirely different and you know it.
Biff: Proper health is important Britanny. I can break 3:80, want some pointers sweety?
Brittany(marches to her room): Never mind. (grumble-grumble)

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 16:52

@Professor Voodoo wrote:

This is because of the first season anime, the three episodes that has Elsa in it, one of them has Hillshire teaching Math and German in it. Perhaps it was Counting in German?

People forget, that Jean also taught (to Claes); showing her a movie and wanting a report from her about it. One could argue that he was doing some mind test on her for Bianchi and the others, but if those mind benders cant do themselves the they should reevaluate their careers and start selling gelato at the Piazza di Spagna...

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 17:09

@boomer_gonz wrote:

Alpha was the physical education teacher initially upon his return, but was removed from the position officially because the administration felt that his class was too extraneous. The real reason was due to uniform discrepancies. Some handlers complained that the uniforms were worn too tight (not Petra's fault, Triela on the other hand...) or for looking the other way on accessorizing (Kara).

Alpha: So long as they break that 4 minute mile at the beginning of class and again at the end, I don't care. -blows whistle- Britanny get the lead out! Say you were late in getting to the beach and it was a mad dash in getting to the surf, what are you going to do, walk and wait and hope that they let you have a slot?

-Later-
Britanny: See Biff, he's making all of us run entirely too hard. Even all of the girls are complaining too.
Biff: I don't know Brit, I've seen you nearly break the sound barrier sprinting for the beginning release of the new fashion season.
Biff: Proper health is important Britanny. I can break 3:80, want some pointers sweety?

Fernando (in Solution's Resolution) taught swimming to the girls and continued with Rachel's gymnastics and self defense in the gym.

At the pool: the handlers sat at the shallow end, waiting for their girls to swim across from the deep end.

Fernando: Aright. When I call your name, you dive in and swim as best as you can across to your handler.... HENRIETTA!!!

Henrietta (startled and slips and falls into the deep end): ACK!

She sinks to the bottom. Everyone looks at the bottom of the pool and sees her resting on the floor on her belly. A very long minute passed.

Fernando (almost to a whisper): Alright Rachel, go get her...

On another and yet different day... Triela and Claes are in the gym (alone and unsupervised), looking at Rachel's balancing beam.

Triela: It does not look scarey. Just a long piece of wood, and all she does is walk across it?

Claes: I think she does more than walk across it.

Triela (walking up to the end of it, looking along its length): How hard could that be?

Claes: Rachel has had many years of practice before becoming a cyborg....

Triela kicks off her shoes and is in socks, grabs the end of the beam and pulls herself up in it. She tries to balance herself on one foot as there was no room for her other foot to be beside it. She plants her free foot in front of her, then slips on the other, falling forward, about to hit her face on the beam. She manages to twist about but the back of her head hits the beam, then her shoulder, she spins about the beam and falls face first onto the floor. Claes runs to her.

Claes: Triela- Are You Alright!

Triela: No...

Claes: Want me to call Dr. Bianchi to send a med tech?

Triela: No... Just drag me back to the room and we'll pretend nothing happened... ow....

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 18:07

@boomer_gonz wrote:

Avise prostrates himself before Alpha.

AVISE: Teach me, master!

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 22:10

@ElfenMagix wrote:
This is because of the first season anime, the three episodes that has Elsa in it, one of them has Hillshire teaching Math and German in it. Perhaps it was Counting in German?
From what i can remember, Etta was translating something about money in euro's but she got the pronunciation wrong in Euro. Triela corrected that as being pronounced 'oiro', then she followed up with how to pronounce certain number, using bullet calibers as examples.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 10:22

@boomer_gonz wrote:Biff: I don't know Brit, I've seen you nearly break the sound barrier sprinting for the beginning release of the new fashion season.
Place a rack of new designer clothes at the finish line and she’ll leave a fire trail down the track. But it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to have Brit and Kara running at the same time - it could get ugly.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 10:51

@Danjo3 wrote:
@boomer_gonz wrote:Biff: I don't know Brit, I've seen you nearly break the sound barrier sprinting for the beginning release of the new fashion season.
Place a rack of new designer clothes at the finish line and she’ll leave a fire trail down the track. But it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to have Brit and Kara running at the same time - it could get ugly.

True.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 11:16

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:

True.
Just make sure everything on the rack is Britney's size....

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 1:59

Although it does seem to be a deviation from canon, I like the idea of the girl's participating in group classes. It gets a lot of characters together at one time, which can be useful from a literary standpoint.
@Kiskaloo wrote: Claes, for example, notes that every Wednesday she is shown a movie by Jean and then required to write an essay on it, but that seems to be a private class.
Or everyone else might be out on missions, in other training, at the hospital, otherwise busy that day.
@Kiskaloo wrote: Marisa: "But Elio, the Second Generation girls gets to do so much more fun things! They have driving school and machine shop class and get to read books that aren't full of pictures!"
Yeah, that's an issue with the group class idea; some of the 'borgs are 16-17...some are 11. Well, one-room schoolhouses worked for years, why not now? All the girls hear Hillshire's same lecture on Renaissance poets, but the standards for the writing assignment might vary by "age."
Tommygunner wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:This is because of the first season anime, the three episodes that has Elsa in it, one of them has Hillshire teaching Math and German in it. Perhaps it was Counting in German?
From what i can remember, Etta was translating something about money in euro's but she got the pronunciation wrong in Euro. Triela corrected that as being pronounced 'oiro', then she followed up with how to pronounce certain number, using bullet calibers as examples.
Okay, I just went back and watched the scene...Hillshire is up at the chalkboard writing somethging, which implies that this is a formal class and not just a free study session.
It's a German lesson,

and it's actually Rico that Triela is helping. 'Etta is watching them from 1 row above, but paying more attention to Elsa, who of course is the focus of the episode.

The questions, which are in Italian, read:
Problem: 1. Translate into German the following numbers. (the fact that they're all bullet calibers just seems like a clever joke by the animators)
Problem: 2. Translate into German the following words.
-the Man (or husband)
-the Wife (or wife)
-the Father
-the Mother
-the Student

I have no idea what Rico meant by saying "euro" and I never heard the word pronounced "oiro" while living in Germany either.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 17:41

@boomer_gonz wrote:

-Later-

Meanwhile, Johanneke (see the updates to my OC thread) would be more than up for that.

Johanneke: (hardly breaking a sweat) That was nothing! I bet I could do that in two minutes!

Allison: (panting and wheezing, grumbling under her breath) You should've been born a boy... damned jock...

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 21:42

Jay watches from a nearby tree with mixed feelings.

"At least I don't have to do that since I've been placed on near permanent inactive duty." Jay said to himself.

Rico gets done her run and proceeds to look for Jay.

"I've found you, Jay."

"Shit!" Jay curses as he takes off running away from Rico.

"So you want to play tag, Okay." Rico says as she gives pursuit.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 11:45

A shout bellows from the classroom window, belonging to Hillshire...

Hillshire (yelling): RICO! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW! YOU NEED THIS MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy on Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 23:00

While the others are forced to take classes or attend phys-ed, Dusty has crept away, with poor dumb Kit in tow to find the one arcade left in the city that still has an original Rolling Thunder machine

Kit: "Aren't we supposed to be in class?"
Dusty: "Shut up, Nancy. This is important."
**Kit shrugs and follows closely, reveling in the fact that he's in the company of a blonde knockout that's almost a head taller than him.**

Last edited by Good ol Boy on Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 13:23

@Good ol Boy wrote:While the others are forced to take classes or attend phys-ed, Dusty has crept away, with poor dumb Kit in tow to find the one arcade left in the city that still has an original Rolling Thunder machine

Kit: "Aren't we supposed to be in class?"
**Kit shrugs and follows closely, reveling int he fact that he's in the company of a blonde knockout that's almost a head taller than him.**

Nice!

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 9:41

@Jacen Starslayer wrote:"So you want to play tag, Okay." Rico says as she gives pursuit.
Cyborg tag? This could quickly turn into something of epic magnitude...an olympic display of speed and gymnastic ability that's sure to end up with something getting destroyed.
Good Ol' Boy wrote:Kit: "Aren't we supposed to be in class?"
It could also provide a convenient distraction while Dusty & Kit cut class and sneak off the compound.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 18:32

And after Jay trips on a tree branch and face plants himself into the ground, the scores are:
9, 9.1, 9.2, 8.9, 9.2, 9.15, 9.1 and a 3 from the Russian Judge!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 22:49

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Jacen Starslayer wrote:"So you want to play tag, Okay." Rico says as she gives pursuit.
Cyborg tag? This could quickly turn into something of epic magnitude...an olympic display of speed and gymnastic ability that's sure to end up with something getting destroyed.

Good thing that no-one ever introduced the girls to schoolyard favorites "mugby" or "kill the dill with the pill".

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 23:22

I imagine the dodgeball sessions during P.E. must be epic.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 0:09

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:I like to think Monty has slightly more eloquent ways of expresing her displeasure...

...besides, she could have a lot more fun writing creative bullshit.

Hilshire (in class): "Well... all of your papers this week were... interesting."

Kara: "Monty helped us."

Hilshire: "And that explains that. I thought I recognized some of the prose. Okay, open your texts to Page..."

Later, in the Section 2 office

Hilshire: Blacker.

J+M: (looking up from their respective work) Which one?

Hilshire: The shorter. What is this?

Hilshire drops a pile of essays on Monty's desk, she picks up one and flicks through it

Monty: Looks like Allison's work. Ah, see? There; she's cited wikipedia. I tried to explain to her that it's poor form but...

Hilshire: I mean why does it read a lot like one of your mission reports.

Monty: All good academic writing reads like it was written by a robot sir, it's quite difficult to tell the difference between one writer and another.

Hilshire: *sigh, I need a drink. (picks up his stack of essays and leaves)

Jethro: I take it Allison now owes you one...

Monty: No, the majority of the girls' dorm owes me one... I'm considering starting a tab for Kara.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 2:34

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
I have no idea what Rico meant by saying "euro" and I never heard the word pronounced "oiro" while living in Germany either.

Well depending on when your last visit was; i can only say that language is constantly changing along with its pronunciation.

Maybe "oiro" isn't how you'd write the German pronunciation in English.
instead I have uploaded a sound file in which I pronounce "Euro" and "21 Euro" as reference.

get it here

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 12:56

according to Stephen Fry "German is the Campest language around at the moment !" Though this was in reference to how they describe their mobiles

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 19:38

@Kiskaloo wrote:I imagine the dodgeball sessions during P.E. must be epic.

With their super human strength, they are gonna throw that motherfucker through the wall.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 19:58

Given how soft most sports balls are wouldn't it probably be the ball that would be destroyed rather than the wall?

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 20:54

@Piero wrote:Given how soft most sports balls are wouldn't it probably be the ball that would be destroyed rather than the wall?
I'm giving away a spoiler here, but in an upcoming (stand alone) non-E&M story I'm putting forth the conjecture that the girls play football (soccer) with an 10lb medicine ball instead of a regular football. Needless to say, a hapless ordinary human gets nailed with it.
(Jean) growled "the cyborgs have physical abilities far beyond our own. If they were to use a normal football they would need a field 2 kilometers long. Therefore, they play with a 5 kilogram medicine ball. Do you now understand why Priscilla warned you to be careful?"

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 21:43

Fernando: Between Monty's Parkouring and Rachel's Gymnastics, I can at least one of the cyborgs getting hurt. Several almost drowned during the first swimming class I held.

Jethro: Really?

Elio: They almost drowned? You'd think that being surrounded by water nearby, that they would be excellent swimmers.

Fernando: I come from New York City, a city of almost 12million people, and not even 10% of them knows how to swim. Worse, about .1% of them can swim as proficiently as you, Marisa, Rachel or I...

Elio: Bartender, another round, and make it a double.

Jethro: Same 'ere mate!

Fernando: Triple that, and put it in a dirty glass.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 21:53

Murdoch, who has been sitting quietly, nursing his Johnny Walker looks up and speaks in his deep Scottish brogue.
"Funny... I've never heard my charges mention any kind of trouble in Phys-Ed. Or for that matter come back looking the least bit exhausted... Something is amiss."
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:23

@ElfenMagix wrote:Fernando:... I can at see least one of the cyborgs getting hurt. Several almost drowned during the first swimming class I held.

Elio: Honestly, as much mad shite as Marisa pulls, it's me who usually winds up with the injuries.

Murdoch: Isn't conditioning supposed to prevent her from hurting you?

Elio: Oh, it's all accidental of course but after her first dive she took the regulator out too early, got a mouthful of sea water and flailed around on surface reaching for me. I got a black eye and a bloody nose from that one. She left her bail-out tank standing upright on a rolling boat once, and it broke my toe when it fell. She also cracked one of my ribs during an anxiety attack...she freaked out when I told her we were going to meet Chief Lorenzo for the first time and she didn't have time to take a shower first.

Fernando: (laughing) Don't forget the time Henrietta broke your nose at the handler's gym.

Elio: (embarassed) Oh screw you man.

Jethro: Wait...hold up, I've got to hear this!

Elio: (grumbling) Alright, fine. I was working out...hitting the heavy bag, when Marisa & Henrietta dropped by. They wanted me to chaperone some stargazing thing out at the training range. Anyway, we start encouraging 'Etta to try the punching bag out, but she's real timid as always. Finally, without warning, she blasts it with an uppercut, but because she's so short the bag swings on its chain and socks me right in the face.

Murdoch: (laughing out loud) Oh shit...that's classic!

Fernando: Story's not over...go on.

Elio: Well, Marisa goes into psycho-nurse mode and jams about 3 meters of cotton cloth up my already broken nose. Henrietta is crying and freaking out because she thinks she's gonna be re-conditioned for "attacking" an agency member. I finally get Marisa to back off, I get 'Etta calmed down...tell her it was only an accident, but she's still worried about what Giuse will think. So...idiot that I am...I suggest that we don't tell Giuse. Well, apperantly in 'Etta's mind that's too much like lying, so the instant she considers it her conditioning kicks in, makes her nauseous, and she barfs all over my gym sweats.

Fernando & Murdoch are just about falling off their bar stools. Jethro leans over to clink glasses with Alboreto.

Jethro: Elio, old man...that is without a doubt the worst cyborg story I've ever heard.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:38

@ElfenMagix wrote:Fernando: I come from New York City, a city of almost 12million people, and not even 10% of them knows how to swim. Worse, about .1% of them can swim as proficiently as you, Marisa, Rachel or I...
Excuse me, coming from a city where you're unusual if you can't swim, I need a moment to go into cultural shock here.

Murdoch, who has been sitting quietly, nursing his Johnny Walker looks up and speaks in his deep Scottish brogue.
"Funny...
I've never heard my charges mention any kind of trouble in Phys-Ed. Or
for that matter come back looking the least bit exhausted... Something
is amiss."
Monty: (sidling into the bar) I saw them in town, thought they were on an errand for you. Though what errand involves an amusement arcade I'm not certain.

Jethro: Barkeep, I'll grab another one of these, but a single on Ten (points to his G'n'T).

Elio: and why were you in town.

Monty: Well after hearing about Fernando's last swimming lesson (gives Fernando a nod), Ferro and I decided some training aids would be in order.

Elio: Such as.

Monty: (with a self-satisfied smirk) Floaties and kickboards. You know, the type of stuff you give to four-year-olds. Oh, and one of those floatation backpack things for Rico.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:54

@Alfisti wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Fernando: I come from New York City, a city of almost 12million people, and not even 10% of them knows how to swim. Worse, about .1% of them can swim as proficiently as you, Marisa, Rachel or I...
Excuse me, coming from a city where you're unusual if you can't swim, I need a moment to go into cultural shock here.
Once upon a time people used to swim in the East River (before they knew it gave you hepatitis), but the Hudson (the main NYC river) is pretty treacherous...lots of boat traffic and wild, unpredicatable currents. The main swimming locations for New York are Coney Island and the New Jersey shore...both of which are shallow sandy beaches where you have to go out a long way to find deep water.
Coney Island is where the famous "Polar Bear Club" takes its annual New Year's morning plunge amidst the snow and the ice floes.
Monty: (with a self-satisfied smirk) Floaties and kickboards. You know, the type of stuff you give to four-year-olds. Oh, and one of those floatation backpack things for Rico.
Fact: Only Rico could use one of those things and enjoy it without a shred of embarassment.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 23:39

Fernando: If the swimming class went anything like they do in Japan..., we would not have much of anything left....

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 9:51; edited 1 time in total

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 9:30

@ElfenMagix wrote:On another and yet different day... Triela and Claes are in the gym (alone and unsupervised), looking at Rachel's balancing beam.

Triela: It does not look scary. Just a long piece of wood, and all she does is walk across it?

Claes: I think she does more than walk across it.

Triela (walking up to the end of it, looking along its length): How hard could that be?

Claes: Rachel has had many years of practice before becoming a cyborg....

Triela kicks off her shoes and is in socks, grabs the end of the beam and pulls herself up in it. She tries to balance herself on one foot as there was no room for her other foot to be beside it. She plants her free foot in front of her, then slips on the other, falling forward, about to hit her face on the beam. She manages to twist about but the back of her head hits the beam, then her shoulder, she spins about the beam and falls face first onto the floor. Claes runs to her.

Claes: Triela- Are You Alright!

Triela: No...

I soooo want to use this either in the Alpha Returns fic or my AlphaxTriela fic. Although with a slight bit of a change. Evil

Alpha walks around the compound looking about the place. Suddenly he comes across the gymnasium. Looking in, he spies various equipment and is surprised that the place is many times bigger than the old gym at the Crysalis Foundation grounds.

Then out of the corner of his eye, he notices Rachel's beam.

Alpha: Oh sweeet! A balance beam, we never had these at the old compound.

Alpha jogs to the beam before doing a leaping front somersault into a front handspring on the beam and landing on his feet. After he begins performing what is roughly a floor exercise routine on the beam doing so over a fallen Triela. Claes on the other hand simply stares and wonders about Rachel doing that same thing when nobody was around.

Suddenly, Alpha wraps his legs around the beam and swings upside down. He is now face-to-face with Triela, so close that their noses almost touch.

"Big blondie?" Alpha asks curiously.
"My name is Triela," Triela states flatly.
"Yeah, that too. What are you doing down there?"
"Well we can't all be Pozzo and Ferrari can we! Claes, help me up!"

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 9:50

Use it as you like, Boomer. Evil

In her early (pre-cyborg) days, Rachel fell many times, and got back up on that beam bruised and beaten. Yeah, Fernando was rough on her like a Russian coach!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:45

Ok so, P.E for the girls. I vote dodge ball to be the first sport they play.

Oh and look, apparently Triela and Henrietta do play dodge ball Very Happy

50k kiriban part 2 by ~DKLreviews on deviantART

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:53

Tommy, that is great!!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:56

That is... epically awesome!

Triela "Trishire" Hilshire
Chusha - Deviant Art
Star Trek Online @Triela_Hilshire
Fleet commander for Valhalla's Rising - Fleet commander for Sto'Vo'Kor's rising
U.S.S. Protos Heis - Valhalla's Rising's flagship
I.K.S. Protos Heis - Sto'Vo'Kor's Rising's bringer of destruction
@Triela wrote:So there's no confusion with our names I'm gonna call you Trishire.
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:01

Thank you.

I was talking to the artist at one time when he had a life stream going and he wanted to draw something GSG related. saying that he wanted something with Henrietta and Triela, I offered him the Idea of having them play dodge ball. He loved the idea and rolled with it.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:05

Give him our thanx. We love it here on this end.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:12

@ElfenMagix wrote:Give him our thanx. We love it here on this end.

Will go over to post that now.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:31

@Tommygunner70 wrote:Oh and look, apparently Triela and Henrietta do play dodge ball Very Happy
A great find Tommy. Triela looks ready.

Henrietta looks nervous.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 20:09

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Fernando & Murdoch are just about falling off their bar stools. Jethro leans over to clink glasses with Alboreto.

Jethro: Elio, old man...that is without a doubt the worst cyborg story I've ever heard.

Lovely bit of Agency life here Voodoo, really well-observed. I liked it a lot.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:30

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Tommygunner70 wrote:Oh and look, apparently Triela and Henrietta do play dodge ball Very Happy

Henrietta looks nervous.
...Possibly because she's now been on enough escapades now to know that someone is going to have to make up for the damage bill after this particular "new game".

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 1:59

@Professor Voodoo wrote:

Henrietta looks nervous.

Guess I wasn't the only person to notice that. Laughing

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 14:36

@ElfenMagix wrote:
In her early (pre-cyborg) days, Rachel fell many times, and got back up on that beam bruised and beaten. Yeah, Fernando was rough on her like a Russian coach!
Fernando has been busy catching up with paperwork for a few days, so he has to find a substitute teacher to cover his gymnastics class...

Triela: This is by far the weirdest thing that's happened...this week at least.

Henrietta: That's our new teacher?

Kara: You've got to be kidding me.

Rachel: Shhhhh! Do you want her to give us all an "F"?
Spoiler:

Triela: How the hell can Meeshie give us anything!? She doesn't even have thumbs!

Rico: The new teacher's breath smells like tuna!

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 15:02

Kara would be more like "kitty!" *hug*

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 15:52

@Kiskaloo wrote:Kara would be more like "kitty!" *hug*

that could have dire consequences !

the other proposed teacher was worse

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum