Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Official Tourney Thread

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Official Tourney Thread

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 10:24

Finally after nearly five months, I can start up a tourney which Triela and Piero aren't doing. Razz

Okay, I'll be hosting all the matches to the tourney in this thread to help prevent the Voting Games forum from getting cluttered up. Rules are just like the past tourneys I've done before elsewhere.

I have randomly generated matches between the 32 teams involved in this tourney special thanks to Random.com's List Randomizer (thank you, Piero). I will put up two matches between teams for folks to vote on for a three-day period. Whichever team gets the most votes by the time the three days are up will advance to the next round. In the event of a tie, either I will vote for the winning team if I haven't voted yet or decision will be made by coin toss. Simple enough rules to follow. Now on to the first set of matches.

First match:

Led by Il Palazzo, this organization was created for Il Palazzo's plans to take over the world starting off with conquering one city. Unfortunately, his underlings Hyatt and Excel are incompetent enough where world conquest is an impossible goal with Excel around. Here's Excel Saga's ACROSS.

against...

This school club was started up by the titular character's self-centered and impulsive actions to create a club to track down of the paranormal such as espers, aliens and time travelers where she drags in normal student Kyon and three other students. But unknown to Haruhi, the three students are actually paranormal agents who have been sent to monitor the girl due to her power to alter reality. Kyon finds himself having to aid these three students in preventing Haruhi from becoming bored enough to literally destroy the universe. Here's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's SOS Brigade.

And the second match...

This trio of Paper Masters provide support for one another both as a surrogate family of siblings and when engaging in missions. Having different personalities and skills to draw upon with their paper magic, each of the girls help balance out the weaknesses and personality flaws of one another to keep them safe in battle or prevent them from getting too out of control in normal living situations. Consisting of well-endowed bibliomaniacs Maggie Mui and Michelle Chang plus 12-year old spitfire Anita King, here are R.O.D The TV's Paper Sisters.

against...

A Special Operations team consisting of people who have the ability to see the supernatural. They are one of the units created by the Japanese Ministry of Defense's Supernatural Disaster Prevention Headquarters to combat an increase in supernatural disturbances. They employ a variety of equipment, much of it spirtually enhanced, including ammunition with runes engraved in it and a tilt rotor aircraft capable of deploying large quantities of holy water. They were very effective in combating Category B spirtual disturbances (including one that had devastated another platoon) but were completely wiped out when they encountered Supernatural Disaster Category A Yomi Isoyama, a former Ministry of the Environment exorcist who had gone rogue and been corrupted by a demonic artifact. Here's the 1st Platoon of Ga-Rei Zero's STS Section Four.

(For the record, the 1st Platoon was doomed from the start due to the fact that the first episode of Ga-Rei Zero was essentially an elaborate viral marketing effort. Ga-Rei Zero was intended to be a prequel to the Ga-Rei manga that focused on characters from the manga, with the focus on the new characters of the 1st Platoon prior to their sudden demise being intended to trick the audience into thinking it would be about something else.)

Voting will go on for these matches until Thursday. Have fun with voting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Official Tourney Thread

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 12:47

Haruhi Suzumiya's SOS Brigade.

and

1st Platoon of Ga-Rei Zero's STS Section Four.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 14:01

ACROSS and STS Section Four.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 15:04

Time for me to chime in. Voting for the SOS Brigade and the Paper Sisters.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 18:23

I have to go with the SOS brigade and the Paper sisters
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 21:35

Match One: ACROSS -- Though after reading the manga I've found ACROSS to be less "cohesive though incompetent," and more more along the lines of a leader + band of witless minions, they still win out because they nonetheless seem to compliment each other in strange, and often abusive, ways.

Match Two: Paper Sisters -- Despite being very different from each other (from bibliophiles to a bibliophobe), they nonetheless have that strong bond of a close family.
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 21:47

Match One: The SOS Bridgade

Match Two: 1st Platoon, STS Section Four

I may have included a bit too much stuff in my write up on STS Section Four, but they're still pretty awesome. They were very cool, and the guy who was the apparent hero had enough backstory to convince the audience that he was the main character. Yet they were also kind of cliched and at least some of them were obviously knock offs of characters from other series. The creators managed to strike a near perfect balance with their set of sacrificial lambs. They were cool enough to be interesting and convincing, yet "typical" enough to stir up the feelings of fans who weren't sure about a series that was set in the same world as Ga-Rei but (supposedly) had a different set of characters. The skillfull handling of STS Section Four and their demise by Ga-Rei Zero's creators is just a great example of viral marketing. Laughing

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 21:52

I'll go with the SOS Brigade.

and the STS Section Four...

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 23:47

Going with an SOS Brigade/STS Section four ticket.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 0:39

Counting up first day votes, SOS Brigade leads 6-2 and STS Section 4 leads 5-3.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 7 Jul 2010 - 23:30

With no one else voting in the past couple days, guess SOS Brigade and STS Section 4 will be the first to advance. Okay, let's start up the next set of matches:

Match #1

Originally consisting of down on their luck bounty hunters Spike Spiegel (an ex mafioso) and Jet Black (an ex-cop), this group eventually grew to include chronic gambling addict and con artist Faye Valentine, hyperactive hacker girl Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (better known as “Radical Edward” or “Ed”), and Ein, an extremely intelligent Corgi. They’re actually pretty good at their jobs considering how close they always seem to be to being broke. Thankfully they’re better at saving the day then they are at making and keeping money. Here’s the Bebop Crew from Cowboy Bebop.

against...

Led by Balalaika, this crime syndicate is a branch of the Russian mafia who have plenty of influence with crime activities in Ronapour. Consisting of former Soviet-Afghan war soldiers within Balalaika's squad, the group makes use of their military experience to mercilessly overpower any rival syndicates that get in the way of expanding their influence or to settle any chaos that strikes Ronapour as a result of outsider influence, as Roberta and the twin sibling assassins Hansel and Gretel found out. Here's Black Lagoon's Hotel Moscow.

Match #2

This college club focused around the exploration of anime and manga turns out to be a club of otaku who pander to their own self-interests as a group of friends which presses the buttons of Saki Kasukabe whose boyfriend just happens to be a video game otaku involved with this club. Here's Genshiken's Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture.

against...

Slayers from the anime of the same name. Lead by Lina Inverse they roam the world for various reasons leaving various amounts of damage in their wake courtesy of their Leader Lina Inverse. Often plauged by mazoku they end up saving the world on occasion. Other members include the justice crazy crown princess of Sairune Amelia Sairune. The chimera searching for a cure Zelgadis. Not to be left out is the idiot swordsman Goury.

If voting's gonna be chugging the way it did in the last match, I'm gonna make a slight change to the rules. Voting will end either three days after I set up matches or 24 hours after the last vote had been made. This way if no one votes after a period of time, I can move on to the next set of matches quicker. So deadline for voting is on Monday unless 24 hours pass after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 7 Jul 2010 - 23:31

Cowboy Bebop and Slayers

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 7 Jul 2010 - 23:37

Match One: The Bebop crew.

Match Two: Genshiken's a pretty awesome series, so I'm willing to vote for The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 0:32

Hotel Moscow and slayers for me
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 1:01

I'm going with Bebop and The Society for the Study of Long Club Names. Razz

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 1:43

Match One: the Bebop Crew.
I'm not familiar enough with the series in match two to feel like I can vote for one.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 3:15

Match One: Cowboy Bebop -- While a tight military unit with strong ties of loyalty is impressive, the fact that you can get all five members of Cowboy Bebop to work together is far more impressive

Match Two: Genshiken -- I've known, and been in, groups like that. When it works, there's not much that's better.
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 3:34

Match one: Hotel Moscow, mainly because I have some issues conceptualizing the Bebop crew as an "organization"Wink

Match two: Genshiken.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 13:52

Match One: Hotel Moscow- Also in agreement with Outfox that the teamwork of the Bebop's kind of shoddy with members of the crew going rogue at points.

Match Two: Slayers Team

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 14:00

Okay, 24 hours have passed since the last vote so I'm gonna close up voting for the current matches early. The Bebop Crew win their match 5-3 and The Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture narrowly win their match 4-3 meaning the two teams will face off next round. Here are the next pair of matches:

Match #1: A team of pirates/mercenaries who smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia from the fictional city of Roanapur in Thailand in a 24m Elco-type PT boat. They do business with various clients, but have a particularly friendly relationship with the Russian crime syndicate Hotel Moscow. The team takes on a variety of missions—which may involve violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles—in various Southeast Asian locations.

Meet the loveable misfits of The Lagoon Company.

Against...

The Ghost Stories Team

When nearby construction disturbs a spiritual resting place, its disgruntled denizens terrorize the local school and a scruffy band of young ghostbusters come together to expel their new satanic schoolmates.

Led by the spunky Satsuki Miyanoshita, the band also includes the evangelical, Pentecostal Christian Momoko, lecher Hajime and Jewish Paranormal Researcher Leo. Oh, and Satsuki's unintelligible babbling cry-baby brother, Keiichirou. Despite their best efforts, they somehow manage to solve mystery after mystery with the help of a diary of Satsuki's lesbian mother when she was a student at the school and originally sealed away all the ghosts released by the construction group.

Match #2:

On the surface, this organization exists to help provide rehabilitation to critically ill and injured children. In reality, it's a top-secret, counter-terrorist military organization that makes use of injured and sick girls as cyborg assassins. Each of these girls are paired as a "fratello" with a trainer known as a handler who is responsible for the training and well-being of their young protege. Relationships of the fratellos vary between being siblings to tools of the trade. Here's Gunslinger Girl's Social Welfare Agency.

Against:

Hellsing (Hellsing)

Comprised of former police girl?vampirella Seras Victoria, Alucard (read that backwards), and the woman who controls them and others absolutely, Sir Integra Hellsing -- they can take on undead NAZIs and insane archbishops and Catholic regenerators!

I will have voting end either on Tuesday or if there are no votes 24 hours after the last one. Go ahead and vote right now!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 14:24

Ghost Stories and Gunslinger Girl.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 14:47

Match One: Lagoon Company

Match Two: Choosing the SWA over Hellsing, although I do kind of question why the SWA was included in the first place.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 15:07

@Piero wrote:Match Two: Choosing the SWA over Hellsing, although I do kind of question why the SWA was included in the first place.

Just out of sheer surprise no one included them with the lineup. And you can partly blame Kisk as well for seconding their entry. Razz

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 15:16

Ghost Stories and Hellsing over here. Hellsing is honestly just cooler as an organization. The SWA doesn't fight Nazis and vampires, now do they?

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 22:46

Match One: Lagoon Co.

Match Two: Hellsing
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 18:24

Picking Lagoon Company and the SWA.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 6:27

lagoon company and SWA
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 1:14

It's officially Tuesday so voting for these matches are now closed. Lagoon Company wins their match 4-2 and the SWA win against Hellsing 4-2. Next round will be a clash between two gun-packing groups. Now onto the next set of matches.

First match:

Hokkaido’s most dysfunctional restaurant staff.

Sota Takanashi: A high school student who likes small and cute things because he has three older sisters that are bigger than he is and make his life hell. Has been accused of being a lolicon, but claims to be a “minicon” (a person who likes small things) instead.
Popura Taneshima: The girl who convinced him to work at the restaurant –she’s a year older than him but is frequently mistaken for someone in elementary or middle school because of her height, which also causes her problems trying to do her job.
Inami Mahiru: A waitress whose overprotective dad spent ten years deliberately making her terrified of guys. She has a strong urge to hit any guy she encounters, though she finds she can often resist hitting other guys in the restaurant if she goes and hits Sota instead. She eventually develops a crush on Sota.
Yachiyo Todoroki: A waitress who carries a katana around pretty much all the time.
She’s generally nice, but can get scary where issues with her boss (whom she would seem to have either a lesbian crush or a case of single target sexuality towards) are concerned.
Jun Satou: A cook who likes Yachiyo but can’t bring himself to tell her that. She considers him a friend, so she spends a lot of time telling him how much she likes her boss. He’s a bit of a deadpan snarker and probably the most normal guy in the restaurant. Also likes to tease Popura about her height.
Hiiromi Souma: A cook who seems to get out of a lot of work by blackmailing his co-workers. Sometimes it seems like he’s doing this unintentionally. However it’s
also worth noting that he seems somewhat prone to mischief. He has an extreme weakness where Yamada is concerned though.
Aoi Yamada: A bratty girl who the restaurant’s owner found while on a trip searching for his missing wife. She claims to be an amnesiac but is probably a runaway instead. She managed to convince people to give her a job at the restaurant and live in the attic. Also has a tendency to break things.
Kyouko Shirafuji: A former delinquent who acts as the restaurant’s manager. She generally does nothing but eat the restaurant’s food and occasionally give orders, although sometimes she seems to make suspicious calls to unknown parties about getting more customers or dealing with problematic ones who have just left. She rescued Yachiyo from some bullies when she was younger, thus explaining Yachiyo's crush on her.

Here’s the Wagnaria Staff from Working!!

Against...

In 1983 in the town of Hinamizawa, this school club of kids normally play competitive games against one another where the loser(s) are subjected to humiliating "penalty games." However, the club finds itself entangled in the town's mysteries where in the show's various arcs, either one of the members wind up going murderously insane to kill the others or they are victims of a national conspiracy that is being plotted behind the backs of the town's powerful families. Here's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's Game Club.

Match #2

Ghost in the Shell's Public Security Section 9 was established as a search and rescue organization. Officially billed as an international organization, it is actually a counter-terrorist network and anti-crime unit operating in the Japanese National Public Safety Commission. Its operatives are allowed to act with or without government consent as they are almost unknown to the public eye. In particular, Section 9 and its members are among the best cyber warfare operatives in the country, and as a result usually end up involved in case relating to the internet, such as hacking and cyberterrorism.

And their opponents...

This pack of four wolves who take on the guise of humans to blend with human society are accompanied by the Flower Maiden Cheza in search of the gateway to Paradise while evading the noble Darcia. From Wolf's Rain, here's Kiba's Wolf Pack.

Voting will last until Friday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 1:59

Hmmm... I like the Working crew from the little bit of the show I've seen but the Higurashi crew is pretty awesome too (best part is towards the end):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihjqmCmMuyE

I will, however, go with Section 9 for match two.

Last edited by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 2:20; edited 1 time in total
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 2:16

Match One: Wagnaria. They work as an effective team. Higurashi? Not so much...
Match Two: Section 9.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 2:44

Is this really about how effectively a group works as a team? I'd kind of been judging the organisations more on things like how much I liked them and how cool I thought they were.

Match One: The Wagnaria staff. Working isn't really the greatest series ever, but I just kind of like the Wagnaria staff more. Plus a psychiatrist would have a field day with them. Razz

Match Two: Section 9. Because they're freaking awesome.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 8:07

Working and section 9 for me
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 9:27

Match One: Wagnaria.
Match Two: Section 9.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:02

The Game Club and Section 9.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:11

Match One: Wagnaria Staff -- because Higurashi doesn't usually end in group hugs...

Match Two: Section 9 -- Because they work together so well, despite their different facets...
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 21:15

Match 1: Game Club
Match 2: Section 9

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 3:15

Going to throw my vote behind the Game Club. Already voted for Section 9 earlier.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 5:25

Sorry to go off topic, but
@MadHatChemist wrote:Wagnaria Staff -- because Higurashi doesn't usually end in group hugs...
Quoted for truth.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 5:30

Game Club (Higurashi)
and Section 9 (Ghost in the Shell)
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 14:32

Voting for the Game Club and Section 9.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 16:56

And I'm ending this match early as 24 hours have passed since the last vote. We have our first tie in Match #1 meaning the match will be decided by coin toss. The lucky coin flips in the Game Club's favor. And in another first, Section 9 are the first team to accomplish a flawless run in votes for this tourney thus far. So Game Club and Section 9 will face off in the next round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1:

Dirty Pair (Dirty Pair)

WWWA agents codenames "Lovely Angels" -- they are better known as the "Dirty Pair" due to the fact that, despite it never being their fault, their cases usually result in absolute distruction, usually of the planetary scale!

Against...

Formed by high school student Mikado Ryugamine to create a life that wasn't ordinary, this online group takes advantage of their anonymity brought to them by the Internet to perform good deeds from small tasks such as cleaning up graffiti from buildings to large scale such as coordinating the rescue of a innocent student from gang members. Among the group's members include Dullahan biker Celty Sturluson, short-fused and superhumanly strong bartender Shizuo Heiwajima and a group of former gang members that include a pair of otaku. Introducing, The Dollars from Durarara.

Match #2:

The men and women aboard this spaceship believed each other to be alien beings as both their home planets are at war with one another. With the crew consisting mostly of women pirates, the three men aboard are taken prisoner yet both sides find themselves having to cooperate with one another as a space phenomena drifts them far away from their home worlds and a race of Harvester aliens are trying to destroy their ship. Here's Vandread's Nirvana Crew.

Against...

The black knights lead by the mysterous zero, fight for justice and to free japan from the tyranical Britanian occupation. What began as a small terrorist cell became the force that eventually liberated Japan. Other members incluce C.C., Kallen Kouziki/ Statfield, Ohgi kaname, and others.

Voting will last until either Sunday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 17:46

@Ggultra2764 wrote:
Against...

Formed by high school student Mikado Ryugamine to create a life that wasn't ordinary, this online group takes advantage of their anonymity brought to them by the Internet to perform good deeds from small tasks such as cleaning up graffiti from buildings to large scale such as coordinating the rescue of a innocent student from gang members. Among the group's members include Dullahan biker Celty Sturluson, short-fused and superhumanly strong bartender Shizuo Heiwajima and a group of former gang members that include a pair of otaku. Introducing, The Dollars from Durarara.

When first introduced, those former gang member otaku are loading a cardboard promotional cutout of Horo from Spice and Wolf that they got who knows where into a van. Come on, include the important details on their awesomeness!

Edit: Although I guess the fact said otaku like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu has to be counted against them too to be fair.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 20:55

Match Two: Vandread. While both are effective and successful teams, The Black Knights tend to just do whatever Zero tells them where as the Nirvana Crew tend to think individually while working as a group. In my opinion, the later method makes for a more effectual team.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 21:33

Dirty Pair and Vandread.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 1:13

Match One: Dirty Pair -- The WWWA supercomputer put Kei and Yuri together along with Mugi and said supercomputer always makes it clear that it's not their fault...and who would disagree with that? Unlike most of the groups, this one shows interspecies teamwork!

Match Two: Vandred -- Men and women working together...truly impressive when one consideres that they each had though the other were origionally demonic monsters.
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 2:10

Match One: I recently started watching Durarara again since I'd heard good things about it, and I have to admit I find the Dollars pretty cool, so I'll vote for them.

Match Two:
The Vandread crew. There are some cool characters who are members of the Black Knights, but a lot of their cool seems to be concentrated in a few characters towards the top -other than that the organisation largely seems to be pawns for Lelouch.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 8:41

Match One- The Dollars. I tend to think more of the Lovely Angels being just Yuri and Kei instead of having Mughi involved, especially as the two are the ones who do much of the fighting. And being called the Dirty Pair is a berserk button for the two gals.

Match Two- Nirvana Crew- Despite hatred for one another, the two genders aboard learn to cooperate with one another whereas the Black Knights are merely Lelouch's pawns in a game of revenge.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 16:15

The Dollars and a pity vote for The Black Knights.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 19:04

I'll go with Nirvana Team for the second as neither of the first match's lineup impresses me.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 19:39

I shall end matches early again. The Dollars just barely win their matchup 3-2 while the Nirvana Crew squash the Black Knights 6-1. The Dollars and the Nirvana Crew will face off next round. Here are the next batch of matches.

Match #1:

The crew of this space battleship created by Nergal Heavy Industries were brought together to protect the Earth against alien invaders called the Jovian Lizards. Led by the ditzy captain Yurika Misumaru, the crew of this ship are all experts in their particular fields of position aboard the ship. Unfortunately, many aboard suffer from some form of personality disorder and cook/ mecha pilot Akito Tenkawa finds himself on the receiving end of enduring an unwanted harem of girls interested in him as the series progresses. Here's the titular team of Martian Successor Nadesico, Nadesico Crew.

And their opponents:

Fairy Tail,a guild of wizards in the country of Fiore,a meeting place and family for many of the oddball wizards who join,its latest applicant being a teenage girl called Lucy Heartfilia who is a celestial wizard,using keys to summon spirits to do her bidding !

Match #2:

NERV ,from Evangelion,

The UN Special Agency Nerv is an organization led by Gendo Ikari and tasked with defending Earth against the Angels through use of the Evangelion units.

Against...

Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP) -- Silent Möbius

An all female police group whose entire reason for existing is to stave off an invasion from Hell (actually another dimention filled with "Lucifer Hawks" comprised of mysterious Rally Cheyenne, cyborg Kiddy Phenil, Katsumi Liqueur (the daughter of the most powerful sorcerer and sorceress), Shinto priestess Nami Yamigumo, ESPer Yuki Saiko, and cybernetically uplinked Lebia Maverick.

Voting will end either on Tuesday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum