Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Official Tourney Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Teams and Organizations Official Tourney Thread

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 17:46

@Ggultra2764 wrote:
Against...

Formed by high school student Mikado Ryugamine to create a life that wasn't ordinary, this online group takes advantage of their anonymity brought to them by the Internet to perform good deeds from small tasks such as cleaning up graffiti from buildings to large scale such as coordinating the rescue of a innocent student from gang members. Among the group's members include Dullahan biker Celty Sturluson, short-fused and superhumanly strong bartender Shizuo Heiwajima and a group of former gang members that include a pair of otaku. Introducing, The Dollars from Durarara.

When first introduced, those former gang member otaku are loading a cardboard promotional cutout of Horo from Spice and Wolf that they got who knows where into a van. Come on, include the important details on their awesomeness!

Edit: Although I guess the fact said otaku like Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu has to be counted against them too to be fair.

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 20:55

Match Two: Vandread. While both are effective and successful teams, The Black Knights tend to just do whatever Zero tells them where as the Nirvana Crew tend to think individually while working as a group. In my opinion, the later method makes for a more effectual team.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 21:33

Dirty Pair and Vandread.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 1:13

Match One: Dirty Pair -- The WWWA supercomputer put Kei and Yuri together along with Mugi and said supercomputer always makes it clear that it's not their fault...and who would disagree with that? Unlike most of the groups, this one shows interspecies teamwork!

Match Two: Vandred -- Men and women working together...truly impressive when one consideres that they each had though the other were origionally demonic monsters.

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 2:10

Match One: I recently started watching Durarara again since I'd heard good things about it, and I have to admit I find the Dollars pretty cool, so I'll vote for them.

Match Two:
The Vandread crew. There are some cool characters who are members of the Black Knights, but a lot of their cool seems to be concentrated in a few characters towards the top -other than that the organisation largely seems to be pawns for Lelouch.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 8:41

Match One- The Dollars. I tend to think more of the Lovely Angels being just Yuri and Kei instead of having Mughi involved, especially as the two are the ones who do much of the fighting. And being called the Dirty Pair is a berserk button for the two gals.

Match Two- Nirvana Crew- Despite hatred for one another, the two genders aboard learn to cooperate with one another whereas the Black Knights are merely Lelouch's pawns in a game of revenge.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 16:15

The Dollars and a pity vote for The Black Knights.

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 19:04

I'll go with Nirvana Team for the second as neither of the first match's lineup impresses me.

Jacen Starslayer

Forum Posts : 525

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 19:39

I shall end matches early again. The Dollars just barely win their matchup 3-2 while the Nirvana Crew squash the Black Knights 6-1. The Dollars and the Nirvana Crew will face off next round. Here are the next batch of matches.

Match #1:

The crew of this space battleship created by Nergal Heavy Industries were brought together to protect the Earth against alien invaders called the Jovian Lizards. Led by the ditzy captain Yurika Misumaru, the crew of this ship are all experts in their particular fields of position aboard the ship. Unfortunately, many aboard suffer from some form of personality disorder and cook/ mecha pilot Akito Tenkawa finds himself on the receiving end of enduring an unwanted harem of girls interested in him as the series progresses. Here's the titular team of Martian Successor Nadesico, Nadesico Crew.

And their opponents:

Fairy Tail,a guild of wizards in the country of Fiore,a meeting place and family for many of the oddball wizards who join,its latest applicant being a teenage girl called Lucy Heartfilia who is a celestial wizard,using keys to summon spirits to do her bidding !

Match #2:

NERV ,from Evangelion,

The UN Special Agency Nerv is an organization led by Gendo Ikari and tasked with defending Earth against the Angels through use of the Evangelion units.

Against...

Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP) -- Silent Möbius

An all female police group whose entire reason for existing is to stave off an invasion from Hell (actually another dimention filled with "Lucifer Hawks" comprised of mysterious Rally Cheyenne, cyborg Kiddy Phenil, Katsumi Liqueur (the daughter of the most powerful sorcerer and sorceress), Shinto priestess Nami Yamigumo, ESPer Yuki Saiko, and cybernetically uplinked Lebia Maverick.

Voting will end either on Tuesday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 20:04

Nadesico and the AMP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 20:11

Fairy Tail and NERV (though I still can't stand the artwork of Fairy Tail and One Piece...)

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 20:34

Fairy Tail and NERV, because I've at least heard of them...

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 17 Jul 2010 - 23:23

Match One: Fairy Tail. They are an excellent team and they always watch each others' backs. They're willing to put their lives on the line to save their fellow guild members. They act more like a close-knit family than a guild really.

Match Two: AMP. I have no idea who they are, but I know NERV stinks hardcore as a team with Shinji's whiny-baby-ness all the time.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 2:40

Match One: Fairy Tail

Match Two: NERV

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 15:31

Match One: Nadesico -- Aside from not being familiar with the other series at all, the Nadesico crew are working with little to no support and have to rely on each other, which they do very well.

Match Two: Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP) -- NERV is nothng more then a bunch of back-stabbing, mentally disturbed, and whinny schmucks playing an apocalyptic game; they are anything but a tem. In contrast, the AMP are close-nit and hep each other even at their own risk.

MadHatChemist

Male

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 19:29

Pitch in votes for Fairy Tail (since I'm not a Nadesico fan) and AMP (since I'm not an Eva fan either).

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 19:40

And once again, I'm ending matches early since a day has passed since the last vote. The mecha title organizations get creamed in this set as Fairy Tail beats the Nadesico Crew 5-2 and the Attack Mystification Police barely get by NERV 4-3. Fairy Tail and the AMP will face off in the next round. Here are the next set of matches.

Match #1:

A mercenary company travelling with the 25th Large Scale Colonization Fleet Macross Frontier. Prior to contact with the Vajra, they were employed primarily to do reconnaissance runs that were deemed too expensive to do with units from the regular military. When contact with the Vajra was made, they were sent to the front lines, where they became a key component in the fleet’s defence due to the poor readiness of the regular forces. The company was known to employee two fighter squadrons: Skull Squadron, a human squadron led by former military pilot Ozma Lee that was equipped with VF-25 Variable Fighters that the company had been given for field testing, and Pixie Squadron, an all-female Zentraedi squadron equipped with Queadluun-Rhea battle suits that was led by Captain Klan Klein. They also deployed a heavyweight shuttlecraft/bomber unit and a small carrier/warship referred to as the Macross Quarter. The company’s personnel split upon discovery of a conspiracy within the fleet’s government, with some of their number going rouge while others elected to stay with the fleet, however both groups ended up playing a decisive role in allowing the colonization fleet to survive. Here’s Macross Frontier’s SMS.

And their opponents:

Knight Sabers (Bubblegum Crisis)

Mercenaries for hire, they can take on the world's most powerful organization (Genom Corporation) and fight off "Boomers." Comprised of leader Sylia Stingray, Rock Star/Badass Priss Asagiri, computer hacker Nene Romanova, and Linna Yamazaki.

Match #2:

Formed by the reckless and headstrong Kamina, this group of humans band together to reclaim the Earth and save it against the Beastmen and the Anti-Spirals with their act first, ask questions later rational of thought by piloting and stealing giant robots. Here's Gurren Lagann's Team Dai-Gurren.

And their opponents:

This rock band formed by talented guitarist Ryusuke worked on polishing and improving their musical and singing skills as they struggled to land a big opportunity in the music industry while dealing with crooked record label executive, Leon Sykes. Here's the titular band of their series, Beck.

Voting will end either on Thursday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 19:58

Match One: Knight Sabers -- Real BFFs help each other kick robot Boomer ass.

Match Two: Dai-Gurren -- The occasional death sentance aside, they firght together and can fully trust each other.
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 20:23

Match One: SMS is pretty awesome, has demonstrated good teamwork despite having a few loose cannons in their midst (as well as some personality conflicts), and has a great "anthem." Then again, maybe I'm just really impressed by the crazy awesome VF-25 dogfight sequences in Macross Frontier.

Match Two: Beck. Although a match up between SMS and the Dai Gurren brigade would be interesting considering that both teams are from series that qualify for the descriptor "crazy awesome."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 20:59

Match One: SMS

Match Two: the Dai Gurren brigade

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 0:29

SMS and Beck. Nyan nyan, nyan nyan, ni hao nyan! Gorgeous-u delicous-u decoult-cha!

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 8:18

Knight sabers and Team Guren
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 22:48

I'll vote for Beck in the second match.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 21:41

I'm gonna break my rule slightly and end voting an hour early on account the last vote was at a time where I will be about ready to call it a night and the fact it's gonna be friggin storming here at my house anytime now. SMS barely beat out the Knight Sabers 3-2 and the second match is tied 3-3 meaning the match shall be decided by coin toss. The coin goes for Dai-Gurren Brigade meaning SMS and Team Gurren will face off next round. And now, here are the last set of matches for the First Round.

Match #1:

Outlaw Star

The crew of the Outlaw Star are a montly bunch of diverse individuals who somehow are able to work together. Composed of outlaw Gene Starwind, who is ble to reach for the stars; Jim Hawking, tbe brain and hacker who compliments Gene in a Yin/Yang relationshsip; Aisha Clan-Clan, an alien Ctarl-Ctarl officer of superhuman strength; "Midnight" Suzuka, an assasin who joined because it was "interesting"; Melphina, the bio-android who is the ships navigator; and the Gilliam II, the ships computer that seems to have doubts, and be amazed that they are unfounded.

They've taken on, and beaten, magic weilding space pirates and unlocked the secret of ancient civilizations with ullitmate power

And their opponents:

Full Metal Panic's MITHRIL is a secretive international paramilitary organisation that was formed with the covert support of several nations after the detonation of a nuclear device in Iraq during the waning days of the Gulf War in 1992. They are heavily involved in counter-terrorism and preventing the proliferation of advanced weapons systems. The operate from a network of hidden installations around the world and specialise in precise, highly coordinated surgical strike missions in wide ranging geographic locals. To do this, they rely heavily on both cutting edge technology and highly trained personnel. In additional to purchasing weapons systems from friendly nations, MITHRIL also has it's own Research and Development branch which has made use of the so-called so called Black Technology provided by Whispered such as Teletha Testarossa. Products of this R&D work include the Electro Magnetic Fluidics Control (EMFC) system on the assault submarine TDD-1 Tuatha De Danaan and the Lambda Driver system used by the ARX-7 Arbalest.

Match #2:

Knight Sabers (Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040)

The group from the Tokyo 2040 alternate series, comprising of th same girls, but this time not working for hire, and dealing with a madman within Genom who wants to wipe out humanity and replace it with the children of "Galatia"

And their opponents:

These young girl are gifted with magical powers and an allergy to pants. They fight the mysterious Neuroi aliens in their Striker Unit propeller legs, and grow animal ears and tails when doing so. When they are not out fighting aliens with massive guns, they are busy giving out fanservice to the viewers and exuding lesbian undertones. They are... The Strike Witches!

Voting will end either on Saturday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 21:52

MITHRIL and the Strike Witches

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 23:27

MITHRIL and the 501st Strike Witches.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 23:53

@Ggultra2764 wrote:The coin goes for Dai-Gurren Brigade meaning SMS and Team Gurren will face off next round.

SMS versus Dai-Gurren Brigade... that is going to be one awesome match up.

Match One: "We're Mithril. We wipe out terrorist organizations and destroy drug factories. We're like an army of justice to protect the world. Something like that."

-Sergeant Major Melissa Mao

Match Two: Strike Witches

If the preliminaries are any indication, the follow up match for this pair of matchs could also be quite interesting.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 20:40

Match One: Outlaw Star -- When you put humans, a bio-android, an opinionated ships computer, and a Ctarl-Ctarl officer together and get them to work flawlessly together despite having tried to kill each other in the past, it just clicks; I was never into Full Metal Panic much anyway...

Match Two: Knight Sabers -- Casting a sympathy vote here...
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 16:11

Voting for MITHRIL in Match One.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 16:36

Mithril and Knight Sabers

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 0:34

It's officially Saturday. The First Round's officially done. MITHRIL steamrolls over the Outlaw Star Crew 5-1 and the Strike Witches narrowly beat the Knight Sabers 2040 team 3-2. MITHRIL and Strike Witches are the last to advance in Round 1. We now officially start the Second Round with this first set of matches.

Match #1:

This school club was started up by the titular character's self-centered and impulsive actions to create a club to track down of the paranormal such as espers, aliens and time travelers where she drags in normal student Kyon and three other students. But unknown to Haruhi, the three students are actually paranormal agents who have been sent to monitor the girl due to her power to alter reality. Kyon finds himself having to aid these three students in preventing Haruhi from becoming bored enough to literally destroy the universe. Here's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's SOS Brigade.

And their opponents:

A Special Operations team consisting of people who have the ability to see the supernatural. They are one of the units created by the Japanese Ministry of Defense's Supernatural Disaster Prevention Headquarters to combat an increase in supernatural disturbances. They employ a variety of equipment, much of it spirtually enhanced, including ammunition with runes engraved in it and a tilt rotor aircraft capable of deploying large quantities of holy water. They were very effective in combating Category B spirtual disturbances (including one that had devastated another platoon) but were completely wiped out when they encountered Supernatural Disaster Category A Yomi Isoyama, a former Ministry of the Environment exorcist who had gone rogue and been corrupted by a demonic artifact. Here's the 1st Platoon of Ga-Rei Zero's STS Section Four.

Match #2:

Originally consisting of down on their luck bounty hunters Spike Spiegel (an ex mafioso) and Jet Black (an ex-cop), this group eventually grew to include chronic gambling addict and con artist Faye Valentine, hyperactive hacker girl Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (better known as “Radical Edward” or “Ed”), and Ein, an extremely intelligent Corgi. They’re actually pretty good at their jobs considering how close they always seem to be to being broke. Thankfully they’re better at saving the day then they are at making and keeping money. Here’s the Bebop Crew from Cowboy Bebop.

And their opponents:

This college club focused around the exploration of anime and manga turns out to be a club of otaku who pander to their own self-interests as a group of friends which presses the buttons of Saki Kasukabe whose boyfriend just happens to be a video game otaku involved with this club. Here's Genshiken's Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture.

Voting will end either on Tuesday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 10:22

SOS Brigade and Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 10:33

SOS Brigade and Bebop Crew
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 11:36

SOS Brigade and Bepop Crew

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 15:09

Match One: SOS Brigade

Match Two: Abstain -- Cause I can't quite pick between the two
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 18:23

Match One: STS Section Four. Yes, I know they were a false main cast, but they did such a good job of being a false main cast! Laughing

Match Two: Genshiken

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 18:35

SOS and bebop crew
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 19:53

STS Section 4 (four is death, eh?) and The Society for blah blah blah.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 23:24

I'll pitch in votes for the SOS Brigade and Genshiken.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 0:11

SOS Brigade and Genshiken.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 22:42

I'll end matches early since I will be in bed before midnight anyway. The SOS Brigade steamroll over STS Section 4 7-2 and Genshiken pulls off a surprising upset over the Bebop Crew 5-3. The otaku pandering teams will face off in the Quarter-Finals. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1:

A team of pirates/mercenaries who smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia from the fictional city of Roanapur in Thailand in a 24m Elco-type PT boat. They do business with various clients, but have a particularly friendly relationship with the Russian crime syndicate Hotel Moscow. The team takes on a variety of missions—which may involve violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles—in various Southeast Asian locations.

Meet the loveable misfits of The Lagoon Company.

And their opponents:

On the surface, this organization exists to help provide rehabilitation to critically ill and injured children. In reality, it's a top-secret, counter-terrorist military organization that makes use of injured and sick girls as cyborg assassins. Each of these girls are paired as a "fratello" with a trainer known as a handler who is responsible for the training and well-being of their young protege. Relationships of the fratellos vary between being siblings to tools of the trade. Here's Gunslinger Girl's Social Welfare Agency.

Match #2:

In 1983 in the town of Hinamizawa, this school club of kids normally play competitive games against one another where the loser(s) are subjected to humiliating "penalty games." However, the club finds itself entangled in the town's mysteries where in the show's various arcs, either one of the members wind up going murderously insane to kill the others or they are victims of a national conspiracy that is being plotted behind the backs of the town's powerful families. Here's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's Game Club.

And their opponents:

Ghost in the Shell's Public Security Section 9 was established as a search and rescue organization. Officially billed as an international organization, it is actually a counter-terrorist network and anti-crime unit operating in the Japanese National Public Safety Commission. Its operatives are allowed to act with or without government consent as they are almost unknown to the public eye. In particular, Section 9 and its members are among the best cyber warfare operatives in the country, and as a result usually end up involved in case relating to the internet, such as hacking and cyberterrorism.

Voting will end either Thursday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 22:47

Social Welfare Agency and Section 9.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Mon 26 Jul 2010 - 23:32

SWA and Section 9, go Team Cyborg.

Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 0:12

Lagoon Company and The Game Club.

Go against the system!

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 3:24

Going for the cute girl ballot... SWA/game club.

Last edited by 0utf0xZer0 on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 14:04; edited 1 time in total
0utf0xZer0

Male

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 8:17

SWA and section 9
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 14:41

Going against the system as well.

Voting for Lagoon Company and the Game Club.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 14:48

Lagoon Company and Section 9.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 15:04

Social Welfare Agency and Section 9

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 19:31

Someone really needs to make Deadliest Warrior episodes out of these latest matches. Maybe in a fanfic?

SWA and Section 9 get my vote.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:42

Match One: Social Welfare Agency

Match Two: Section 9
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 22:41

Considering I will be calling it a night shortly, I'm ending matches early as nearly a day has passed since the last vote. The SWA easily win over Lagoon Company 7-3 and Section 9 winning over the Game Club with the same score. Next round will be a battle of cyborg government agencies. Now onto the next matches:

Match #1

Formed by high school student Mikado Ryugamine to create a life that wasn't ordinary, this online group takes advantage of their anonymity brought to them by the Internet to perform good deeds from small tasks such as cleaning up graffiti from buildings to large scale such as coordinating the rescue of a innocent student from gang members. Among the group's members include Dullahan biker Celty Sturluson, short-fused and superhumanly strong bartender Shizuo Heiwajima and a group of former gang members that include a pair of otaku. Introducing, The Dollars from Durarara.

And their opponents:

The men and women aboard this spaceship believed each other to be alien beings as both their home planets are at war with one another. With the crew consisting mostly of women pirates, the three men aboard are taken prisoner yet both sides find themselves having to cooperate with one another as a space phenomena drifts them far away from their home worlds and a race of Harvester aliens are trying to destroy their ship. Here's Vandread's Nirvana Crew.

Match #2

Fairy Tail, a guild of wizards in the country of Fiore,a meeting place and family for many of the oddball wizards who join,its latest applicant being a teenage girl called Lucy Heartfilia who is a celestial wizard,using keys to summon spirits to do her bidding !

And their opponents:

Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP) -- Silent Möbius

An all female police group whose entire reason for existing is to stave off an invasion from Hell (actually another dimention filled with "Lucifer Hawks" comprised of mysterious Rally Cheyenne, cyborg Kiddy Phenil, Katsumi Liqueur (the daughter of the most powerful sorcerer and sorceress), Shinto priestess Nami Yamigumo, ESPer Yuki Saiko, and cybernetically uplinked Lebia Maverick.

Voting will end either on Saturday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 0:23

Match One: Vandread's Nirvana

Match Two: Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP)

MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 0:33

One vote Nirvana crew, one vote AMP.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 2:32

Match One: The Dollars

Match Two:
May put in a vote later if I can manage to get some more info in a chat session or something...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 3:38

The Dollars and Fairy Tail.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 4:06

Match One: Nirvana.
Match Two: Fairy Tale.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 6:30

Match One: Vandread's Nirvana

Match Two: Attack Mystification Police Force (AMP)

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 8:24

Nirvana and the AMP
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum