La Corsa Bandito

View previous topic View next topic Go down

La Corsa Bandito

Post by MP5 on Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 22:24

Despite having yet to watch the movie, I have been entertaining the idea of doing a future chapter of Tire Tracks and Spent Casings inspired by the plot (sort of) to 'Smokey and the Bandit'. Essentially, this is a 'Tire Tracks' chapter that focuses on Allison's abilities behind the wheel:

Section 2 needs to transport someone or something very important from Torino to the port town of Leuca. Unfortunately, the Macguffin or VIP in question is also a target for Padania, Camorra, and other sorts of unsavory folks with a bit of under-the-table influence with the cops. Section 2 can't trust the police--par for the course, it seems-- and they need to travel incognito. But with checkpoints and roadblocks a likelihood, this is not an easy trip.

Luckily, a certain movie featuring Burt Reynolds provides an unlikely solution: Corrupt or not, the police still have to enforce traffic laws, and by violating every one of them, Allison is sure to draw attention away from the principle. At the very least, she'll make it harder for the police to chase down and intercept the important person or thing Section 2 needs to transport when her skills start totaling a bunch of Fiats and Alfas.

Now, this is where you guys come in. I need some input on this. As this chapter is basically a gigantic ripoff of/homage/tribute to Smokey and the Bandit, I need to get some elements down that you would recommend:

*Should the decoy car be American, or Italian?

*As in the movie, should there be a colorful cast of CB operators who help Allison during the grand chase?

*Should there be a "Buford T. Justice" stand-in?

*Finally, what should they be trying to transport?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: La Corsa Bandito

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 22:21

Took me a day or two to think about this...

One thing I noticed about your last A&B episode was a whole lot of Americanism. The direction you want to take your story is your prerogative of course, but GsG is a story set in Italy remember.

That said, your idea for a Smokey & the Bandit homage has merit...I would just hide those elements deeper in a more European story.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Story Idea: With weapons being smuggled in through the south Section 2 is tasked with finding out how they're being transported up to Milan. Because of her success on her check-out mission in NYC Allison has Chief Lorenzo's faith as an infiltration operative.
Using a pre-arranged contact set up by Section 1 or Public Safety (it'll speed up the pace of the story if Allison doesn't have to break into the FRF herself) your girl gets a job running advance interference for a truckload of weapons (you can play off her lorry-anxiety issues here too). Her assignment is to observe & report, not engage.

Since she's working both angles Allison is caught between her mission, and the Padania smugglers who are getting suspicious of her reluctance to kill any of the regular law enforcement that gets in their way. Another option; Brian might be riding in the weapons truck.

Complicating matters; a tenacious Carabineri Captain who will just not give up. Buferdo T. Giustizia perhaps?

edit: As for your other two questions...European car, definately. Something fast but inconspicuous. For the cast of CB "helpers" try using the canon characters and your other OC's...staged at strategic locations to help out.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:16

I like that idea, Voodoo. Granted, I'll play around with it-- I don't want Allison blaring Jerry Reed's "East Bound and Down" if she's heading west and up north Laughing. I also think money would certainly be thrown into the mix.

Might as well go whole-hog and have Allison pick up a hitchiking exotic dancer who was supposed to marry Glustizia's son, Giovane (Junior).

The car will need more forethought, honestly. It's not going to be inconspicuous, because then Allison (in disguise) won't get chased if it can blend in. Maybe she'll just borrow Jennifer's Torana, if only because Laine's Z28 doesn't have the kind of hustle she needs. Of course, a little more research is needed. Evil

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 0:26

Wait, you intend to get the police to chase her... by breaking traffic laws... in Italy.

I didn't think anyone paid attention to traffic laws there anyway

On the car count though, I'm with Voodoo on this one, the car should be European. If you wanted loud too, well there's always that Lambo...

Otherwise, well I've not seen the movie so I can't really help there.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5739

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 6:13

@Alfisti wrote:Wait, you intend to get the police to chase her... by breaking traffic laws... in Italy.

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 6:42

@Alfisti wrote:Wait, you intend to get the police to chase her... by breaking traffic laws... in Italy.

Kara: "Traffic laws? They have traffic laws in Italy?"

Claes: "Evidently one of them is you can't drive under 160 in a Lamborghini Gallardo on an Autostrada..."

Perhaps it is better off to have Allison drive some tricked-out Nissan Juke or Pontiac Aztek. That way she can be nicked for "crimes against design aesthetics". Smile

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10889

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 7:26

@Kiskaloo wrote:
Perhaps it is better off to have Allison drive some tricked-out Nissan Juke or Pontiac Aztek. That way she can be nicked for "crimes against design aesthetics". Smile

Allison: Oh god, no. I'd rather drive a Staaaaag than one of those things.

Kara: I thought you liked Triumphs...

Allison: When they're not breaking down, yes. Not that I'd use one for a mission like this.

@Alfisti wrote:On the car count though, I'm with Voodoo on this one, the car should be European. If you wanted loud too, well there's always that Lambo...

Something else; the one that she scores in the first chapter gets blown up in the next few chapters, and unfortunately, that occurs before this idea.

Seriously, I'm considering having her use one of these:

But does a Pontiac Fiero look Italian enough? Not to mention if she gets one of these, she's shoving a Cadillac 4.9L Northstar V8 in the back.

Oh, and the body is made up mostly of fiberglass, so it should go like stink. Razz

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 8:35

it may have the looks but does it have the handling ?

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 8:51

Honestly, I'm dubious even on the looks...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 9:47

@MP5 wrote: if she gets one of these, she's shoving a Cadillac 4.9L Northstar V8 in the back.
The reason Fiero's were never popular with hot rodders or production class racers is because GM apparently made the frame out of popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue. They have absolutely zero torsional rigidity. Put a Cadillac Northstar in that and it'll snap the damn thing in half as soon as you hit the throttle...if the weigh doesn't break its back first.

So why not stiffen it with bracing & subframe connectors? Stiffen up one part of the car and it just transfers twisting loads to another...you'd end up having to use so much steel that it would have a curb weight comparable to a Bently.
As far as I know, the only Fiero's ever raced were tube-frame silhouette cars that shared nothing in common with their production counterpart.

One thing (perhaps the only thing) Fiero's were good for was conversion into kit cars. The fiber-glass body was easy to replace with a fake Ferrari or Lamborghini skin.

These kit cars are still not fast by any stretch of the imagination (think 11 second 0-60 times).

The year after the Fiero went out of production Mazda debuted the Miata and did it right. That car was designed from day one to be stiff enough to handle horsepower upgrades, and the engine bay can even accomodate a Ford 5.0L smallblock!

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 10:07

I get the impression you've got your heart set on something with a sort of lairy muscle-car vibe. If so, may I suggest pretty much anything made by a German tuning company in the mid-90s? Such as...

The Alpina B12. Alpina's take on the BMW 8-series; you want the 5.7 with the six-speed manual:

Fast in a straight line, V8 good for 416bhp. Handling... questionable.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 18:20

Personally, hard to go wrong with an Alfa Romeo 147GTA breathed on by Auto Delta.

They have options that will shovel 300+ horsepower through the front wheels: the one with a 3.7L V6 lapped the Top Gear Test Track in 1:30 dead - as fast as a Ford Shelby GT500, Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the Vauxhall Monaro VXR.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 20:57

Oh, and the body is made up mostly of fiberglass, so it should go like stink.

Curb weight on a 4cyl Fiero is around 3100lbs, and maybe a hundred or so more for the V6's. The hood, roof, doors, quarters, and deck are fiberglass while the facias are a fairly flexible composite.

Frames are thin and many of the guys who put the better engines in take some time for a little reinforcement of the back end. Most of those guys also have the money to put in a stiffened suspension, be they aftermarket or custom.
Because all of the weight and torque of the drivetrain is on the cradle, your only real stress points are on the strut towers and the front cradle mounts. The rear of the cradle butts flat against the under side of the frame and bolts vertically into it. It's more of a rust-prone area than stress failure.

I haven't gone looking, but I've never heard of anyone with a serious engine having a frame failure due to the mod. Of course the stress from extensive hard maneuvering wouldn't help any with the light frame, but it's not as weak as you might think. Most of my experience has been on the '84 with a Fisher body, but I know that the frames of the 86-88 were toughened up. My '87 seemed quite different from my friend's '84.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 21:05

@Alfisti wrote:I get the impression you've got your heart set on something with a sort of lairy muscle-car vibe. If so, may I suggest pretty much anything made by a German tuning company in the mid-90s? Such as...

The Alpina B12. Alpina's take on the BMW 8-series; you want the 5.7 with the six-speed manual:

Fast in a straight line, V8 good for 416bhp. Handling... questionable.

There is also the Alpina Z8. Rubbish on the road, but a demon on the track:

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 22:26

Ok, now that I've watched the movie, I have a few vague ideas about the plot:

Allison and Brian are selected by Chief Lorenzo to do an undercover mission to find the entry and distribution points of armaments being supplied to the Five Republics Faction. Through a setup by a contact in Section 1, Allison and Brian are drivers-for-hire from London's criminal underground under the aliases Mary 'Lady Ace' Ainsworth and Charlie 'Mad Duke' Cooper (with thanks to boomer_gonz for the nicknames). With some help from Jethro for misinformation, rumors quickly spread that 'Ace and Duke' are the best in the business and will drive anyone anywhere for the right price. The Five Republics cell in Milan takes a bite and requests them for the next run, desperate for an arms shipment to get through the increased police presence. With lots of money, but not enough guns, FRF recruiters have circulated word of a huge cash bonus of €250,000 Euro for anyone able to successfully transport a shipment of arms from the Port of Leuca to a location in Milan within 48 hours or less. The few that have tried have been arrested or killed, or arrested then killed. However, Ace and Duke's collective ego boasts noisily that the problem is that the drivers in Italy are crap, prompting the patriotic cell leader Othello Esposito to double the bonus to €500,000 if the pair can accomplish the mission within 28 hours. Reputations and lives on the line, the pair embark on the madcap journey across the expanse of Italy to get the Five Republics Faction their desperately-needed firearms.

Of course, considering the sort of experience Ace and Duke have under their belts, power and speed is key to the mission. For this reason, Ace drives the blocker car--a Q-branch modified Alpina B12 5.7 Coupe with Nitrous Oxide unwittingly purchased by Padania funds, while Duke has a trusty Scania R730, a record holder for world's most powerful production truck, packing a 16.4-liter DC16 Turbodiesel V8 outputting 720bhp and 2600 lbs-ft of torque.

The trip down to Leuca proceeds fairly uneventfully, and the surprisingly few officers encountered are quickly thrown for a loop as 'Ace' evades them with ease. At the shipyard in Leuca, the weapons are loaded in crates disguised as a shipment of Birra Moretti pilsners, and Ace and Duke are on the road again, fairly well-ahead of schedule. As Ace takes off well ahead of Duke, she gets as far as Lecce when she is flagged down by a stranded bride on the side of the road. Skidding to a stop, Ace and the bride quickly exchange words before she offers the bride a lift--in the direction leading away from the altar.

Not far behind Ace and the bride is the tenacious Comandante Bueford T. Giustizia and his son, Giovane. Comandante Giustizia is furious that his son was left standing alone at the altar as his bride-to-be skipped town at the last moment, and after hearing the stories of the elusive wheelwoman named 'Ace', is determined to wrangle in the expert driver and her companion who is a fugitive from the sanctity of holy matrimony using his trusty Alfa Romeo 159 with its heavily modified 3.2L Supercharged V6. Thus begins the biggest car chase in Italy's history. An epic battle ensues, on one side Comandante Giustizia, his son Giovane and an army of Italian police officers; on the other, 'Ace', 'Duke', and a colorful cast of fellow CBers ('Princess', 'Ballerina', 'Doc', 'Robin Hood', and more). Justice will prevail, but whose kind?

*Music directed by Rebecca Schmidt and Matthew DiGirolomo; soundtrack available through Section 2 Records.*

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 23:14

I got a laugh out of the description alone...looking forward to the finished episode.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 8:27

Evil

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 17:45

Nice find, Boomer, though I prefer Jerry Reed's version, if only because Becky is a country girl. In fact, she has her own little cover version:

[chorus]
Eastbound and down, 18 wheels a-rollin
We're gonna do what they say can't be done
we've got a long way to go and a short time to get there
I'm east bound just watch that 'Lady' run

Keep your foot hard on the pedal; Son, never mind them brakes.
Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make.
The boys need ammo in Milano and there's guns down in Leuca.
And we'll bring 'em back no matter what it takes.
(chorus)

"Il Orso's" got his ears on, he's hot on your trail
he'll keep on chasin' you til' you're in jail
So you gotta dodge him, you gotta duck him
You gotta keep that diesel truckin'
Just put that hammer down and give it hell!
(chorus)

Yes, not very different from the original, but you get the idea.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 1:03

i always preferred Red Simpsons ' Give me forty acres ! '

It was his first trip to Boston in a big long disel truck

It was his first trip to Boston he was a havin' lots of luck

He was headed the wrong direction down the one way street in town

And this is what he said when the police chased him down

Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig round

It's the easiest way that I found

Some guys can turn on a dime or turn it right downtown

But I need forty acres to turn this rig around

When he finally found where to outload he had the dreadful shot

His trailer pointed toward the road and his cab right to the dock

And as he looked around him through his tears he made the sound

Oh give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig round

Give me forty acres...

[ guitar ]

When he finally got unloaded he was glad to leave that town

He was feelin' fairy happy goin' back to Alabam

And up ahead he saw a sign said you are northward bound

He said give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig round

He was drivin' down the right lane when ahead he saw a sign

Yet to make the left turn but he could not gettn' in line

The tears were streamin' down his cheeks and they all heard him yell

Give me forty sticks of dynamite and I'll blow his rig to hell

Give me forty acres...

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 11:40

Look forward to reading it.

They'd better make good on the job though... Jethro's going to be right peeved if they go making a hash of his good credit among Britain's criminal classes.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 11:43

@Alfisti wrote:They'd better make good on the job though... Jethro's going to be right peeved if they go making a hash of his good credit among Britain's criminal classes.

And if Jethro is peeved, Monty will be livid and that means plenty of..."mis-directed"...requisitions for new goodies for Allison's vehicle fleet.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 11:58

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:They'd better make good on the job though... Jethro's going to be right peeved if they go making a hash of his good credit among Britain's criminal classes.

And if Jethro is peeved, Monty will be livid and that means plenty of..."mis-directed"...requisitions for new goodies for Allison's vehicle fleet.
Just a little....

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 12:43

@Alfisti wrote:Look forward to reading it.

They'd better make good on the job though... Jethro's going to be right peeved if they go making a hash of his good credit among Britain's criminal classes.

Well, a cut of the bonus should do nicely for J+M. I imagine Jethro's word is fairly well trusted in the underground, and it won't do to not deliver on his word. Allison should have an easy time of driving blocker car. Brian, on the other hand... well, he'll need a bit of practice.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 13:42

@MP5 wrote:

Well, a cut of the bonus should do nicely for J+M.
I imagine Jethro's word is fairly well trusted in the underground, and
it won't do to not deliver on his word. Allison should have an easy
time of driving blocker car. Brian, on the other hand... well, he'll
need a bit of practice.

Alpha: Okay Brian, look this is real easy.

Brian: You sure mate? There's not even that many buttons to the power of a telly.

Alpha: Don't worry, just like the power to a telly, you only need a few buttons anyway. Most are for things you never use.

Brian: If you say so, man.

Alpha: Okay; turn key ignition, switch on alternator, engage foot break, disengage emergency brake, wait a minute, switch on navigation, switch off start safety, double-check air-break override to make sure that it's off, switch on governor,...

Brian: Why the governor?

Alpha: Only older Mack's and Volvo's don't start without it.

Brian: ...Ah.

Alpha: Okay; switch on governor, re-engage emergency break, make sure the shifter is in neutral, and then press engine start.

After a few seconds the Scandia springs to life.

Brian: Does it usually take that long to light?

Alpha: Only on a cold start, thick oil and all. Any questions?

Brian: ........What was that part after turn ignition key?

Alpha: ...Okay; again.....

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 13:48

And remember: "Always let the lorry through!"

Brian: "First...first and a half...second..."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 10 Aug 2010 - 21:29

So one of the first scenes in this in-progress chapter has the cyborgs engaging in movie night. as a rather un-subtle form of foreshadowing, they are watching Smokey and The Bandit, which presumably, Laine brought back from America during the Top Gear Italy trip. As I'm already intending to use Jethro and Monty, I would like to get reactions from some of the other OC's regarding the on-screen action. For those of you who've never watched the movie, the following clips are the best I can give you guys:

The Original Trailer

East Bound and Down music video (fan-made)

Sheriff Buford T. Justice Montage

Whatever you post here, I'm most likely going to use in the chapter.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer on Wed 11 Aug 2010 - 21:21

I'm familiar with the plot and the ending... So Jay or 'Robin Hood' is up for some action.

"I am the sword of justice
Forged by fate and tempered with time
I have struggled to stay true to his dreams and ideals
Never knowing defeat
Nor victory
Forever waiting for his return
This is my, Infinite Sword Dance"
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum