Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 12:01

Seconds Roberta. I can't believe no one's already done this.

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 12:51

She's still a meganekko Piero, even with the revealing attire. Razz

Am I gonna have to kick start things myself? Here's a good-sized list of nominees I thought up:

The newest Eva pilot to be introduced in the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, this young woman was the pilot of Eva-05 in America before it was destroyed. She accidentally parachutes down upon a surprised Shinji on his school rooftop later in the movie and enjoys the smell of LCL fluid coming from his body. She's perhaps well known for being capable of willingly triggering the Berserker mode of Eva-02. Here's Evangelion 2.0: You Can Not Advances's Mari Illustrious Makinami.

One of Mayuko's classmates at her cram school, this young woman has an immense fascination with aliens and UFOs normally carrying her laptop and a digital camera. She is very curious over the extraterrestrial activity taking place near the town and investigates it whenever she can. Here's Niea Under Seven's Chiaki Komatsu.

One of Lain's classmates, this middle school student commits suicide at the start of her series. Despite her apparent demise, e-mails written by her are sent out to all the middle school students a couple weeks later. The contents of the e-mail motivate Lain to look into the strange happenings taking place in the wired world, as well as learning things about herself she never knew. Here's Serial Experiments Lain's Chisa Yomoda.

One of the Haibane living at Old Home, this girl has been a Haibane for three years. A serious-thinking yet often mischievous and funny girl, this girl normally works at the local bakery. Here's Haibane Renmei's Hikari.

One of three new mecha pilots recruited to the Nadesico after Gai Daigouji's demise, this young woman is first seen crawling through the air ducts on the ship before falling upon a surprised Akito Tenkawa while he was watching Gekigengar. An anime and manga otaku herself, this woman dreams of creating her own doujinshi of the series where she is one of the female leads and two of the Gekigengar male characters are in a yaoi relationship. It seems she also had some form of love troubles in the past as she rejected the affections of Nadesico's chief engineer Seiya Urubatake while using model kits in a later episode in her series. Here's Martian Successor Nadesico's Hikaru Amano.

An assistant at Ayame Sohma's clothing store, this young woman is normally seen dressed in a maid costume always having a smile while doing her work. To Tohru's dismay, this girl has the obsessive habit of wanting to dress up any pretty girl that comes into the store. She and Ayame appear to have a greater relationship that extends beyond manager and worker as Ayame admits that this woman's helped him to overcome his own self-doubts on his ego causing others to not connect with him. Here's Fruits Basket's Mine Kuramae.

The level-headed of the main trio of girls in Kamichu, this middle school student is very down-to-earth and she's often sought out by Yurie for advice. While the advice is simple and common sense, it does enough to boost Yurie's confidence in any situation she winds up in. Unfortunately for this girl, she often finds herself being the unwilling possessed victim of the shrine god Yashima whenever he needs to communicate with people who can't sense his presence or if he's in the mood to play the guitar. Here's Mitsue Shijo.

Well-endowed and mischievous, this woman shows up in each of the crazy parallel Abenobashis that Sasshi and Arumi wind up in trying to either help or deter the attempts of the children when they are trying to get back to their normal reality. In each world, she admits to always be searching for a man named Eutus. Unknown to Sasshi, this woman has a closer relationship to him that is connected to the various Abenobashis he and Arumi are traveling through. Here's Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi's Mune Mune.

The chief engineer for the Vandread, this goofy-looking woman is one of the few women to willingly accept the men when they are first taken hostage. She is mostly seen monitoring the ship's engines and partnering up with ship doctor Duelo as they share a common patient in the ship's main engine, the Paeksys. She and Duelo become increasingly attracted to one another as their show progresses. Here's Vandread's Parfet Balblair.

This oversexed middle school homeroom teacher isn't necessarily a model teacher considering her freeloading attitude, willingness to causally drink, dressing in very revealing attire at some points and attempting at trying to have her way with main series hero Suguru Misato. Fortunately, Mahoro is always around to keep this 25-year old teacher from trying to go too far with her advances on Suguru. Here's Mahoromatic's Saori Shikijou.

An obsessive bookworm, this woman was fired from the National Central Library in Central City for spending more of her time reading books than doing her job. She is sought out by the Elric brothers during the series for information regarding the research journal of Tim Marcoh. Despite not having the journal on her as it was destroyed by the military years earlier, this woman's photographic memory was able to memorize all the contents to it. Because of this, Edward was able to recommend her to a desk job in the military's records department under the direction of Maes Hughes. Following the demise of Hughes, this woman starts her own investigation concerning a potential cover-up by the military regarding certain details that led to Hughes' death. Here's Full Metal Alchemist's Sheska.

A member of the Lillian High School's photography club, this camera-savvy girl is in the same year as Yamiyuri Council member Yumi Fukusawa and often helps out the school's newspaper club. Always digging around for the latest gossip throughout the school with her camera at the ready, this girl is around at most times to provide Yumi details on any circulating gossip concerning her or any other members of the Yamiyuri Council. Here's Maria-sama ga Miteru's Tsutako Takeshima.

One of the older girls in Shima's class aboard the space station Stellvia, this girl had returned to serve in the space station's training program after suffering a life-threatening accident two years earlier. The accident, in particular though, was intentional and involved a duel of spaceships between her and top-ranking student Ayaka Machida who tried getting rid of her because she was seen as a threat to Ayaka for her success in Stellvia's training program. Realizing that Ayaka was feeling threatened at the talents of Shima, this girl does what she can to prevent the same problems that Ayaka inflicted upon her. Here's Stellvia of the Universe's Yayoi Fujisawa.

SPARTAN 119, Roberta's already been seconded. Since two Black Lagoon characters have been seconded for the tourney, I'm not allowing any more nominations for Black Lagoon characters.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 12:54

Seconding:

Evangelion 2.0: You Can Not Advances's Mari Illustrious Makinami

Kamichu's Mitsue Shijo

Full Metal Alchemist's Sheska

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 13:34

Seconding:

Haibane Renmei's Hikari

Martian Successor Nadesico's Hikaru Amano

Vandread's Parfet

MadHatChemist

Forum Posts : 441

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 18:24

Seconding Fruits Basket's Kuramae Mine.

Could someone make a list of who hasn't been seconded? Some may have not been simple because they were thought to have already been or they were missed in the long list.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 18:46

Here's the current list of nominees who have yet to be seconded. And for those not paying attention to the top, I have 6 spaces left for the tournament.

1. Vanessa Laid (Super Dimensional Fortress Macross)
2. Becky Farrah (Gunsmith Cats)
3. Neneko (DearS)
4. Harumi Fujiyoshi (Sayonnara, Zetsubou-Sensei)
5. Igusa (Inukami)
6. Rei Tachibana (Pani Poni Dash!)
7. Miyako Uehara (Pani Poni Dash!)
8. Behoimi (Pani Poni Dash!)
9. Yukino Kikukawa (My-Hime)
10. Anthy Himemiya (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
11. Nenene Sumiregawa (Read or Die)
12. Ryuubi Gentoku (Ikki Tousen)
13. Komoe Harumachi (Eiken)
14. Sensei (Eiken)
15. Fuu Hououji (Magical Knight Rayearth)
16. Korhan Li (Sakura Wars)
17. Mizuho Kazami (Onegai Teacher)
18. Naoko Yanagisawa (Card Captor Sakura)
19. Chie Harada (My-Hime)
20. Taeko Minazuki (Ai Yori Aoshi)
21. Chiaki Komatsu (Niea_7)
22. Chisa Yomoda (Serial Experiments Lain)
23. Mune Mune (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)
24. Saori Shikijou (Mahoromatic)
25. Tsutako Takeshima (Maria-sama ga Miteru)
26. Yayoi Fujisawa (Stellvia of the Universe)

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 19:21

By day, she's a blue-haired, curry obsessed, glasses clad senior high school student. By night, she loses the glasses and becomes a triple-knife-wielding top-ranked vampire hunter for the Church. Mix in a loli familiar that becomes a giant spike gun, crazy tattoos and a love-hate relationship with the ditzy blonde True Ancestor of vampires and you've got Ciel of Tsukihime.

Now with 800% more swords.

This is a gun.

Last edited by Five_X on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 0:38; edited 1 time in total

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 22:10

Yay! A list!

I second Ciel.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 22:23

Seconding Anthy Himemiya.

windfish55

Forum Posts : 145

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 22:27

Before I make the seconding final, the pictures I'm seeing of Ciel are raising some red flags for me. Five_X, I made clear in my nomination rules that a character's eligibility for the tourney includes that they must be wearing their glasses for the majority of the series they are in. Is this the case with Ciel in the anime adaptation of Tsukihime (considering I have yet to see the anime)?

And for folks not keeping track, I have five more spots to fill for the tourney.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 23:05

Ciel wears glasses for 60-70% of Tsukihime. I don't really remember all too well. It's mostly that there are few awesome pictures of her with glasses on.

Also there is no Tsukihime anime.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 23:17

@Five_X wrote:Ciel wears glasses for 60-70% of Tsukihime. I don't really remember all too well. It's mostly that there are few awesome pictures of her with glasses on.

Also there is no Tsukihime anime.

Ah, but you see. This is an "Anime/ Manga Meganekko Tourney." To nominate Ciel means you must nominate her from the anime and manga adaptations of the game (which Piero told me you would deny the existence of for the anime) or unfortunately, I will have to deny Ciel's nomination if you are taking her appearance from the visual novel game.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 23:31

Well, for one, visual novels are commonly described as being anime+video games, so not allowing them is kinda like a geeky way of dismissing a minority group. There's seriously no valid reason not to include them.

And anyways, Tsukihime does happen to have a great manga.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 0:20

Cleared things up with Five_X in the chatbox. Ciel is in. Four spots left to fill for the Meganekko Tourney.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 15:46

Here's a couple glasses girls from recent titles:

A shy yet busty gal, this high school student becomes friends with Mikado and Kida. Feeling like a parasite, this girl feels she needs to rely on others yet keeps her distance from making the relationships go too deep. Like her two friends, this girl is connected to one of the Ikebukuro urban legends and becomes entangled in a three-way group rivalry with her two friends thanks to the manipulations of Izaya. Here's Durarara's Anri Sonohara.

One of Maya's classmates at the Occult Academy, this girl has an immense fascination with the occult despite being a bit ditzy and having below average marks. Unfortunately for this girl, she is often on the receiving end of attacks coming from supernatural creatures. Here's Kozue Naruse.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 17:08

Making her escape with fellow classmate Kohta Hirano, she is the daughter of an influential Uyoku dantai politician and her family is deeply involved in Japan's politics. A self-proclaimed genius, her knowledge and deductive capabilities have allowed the group to escape from harm many times. She was among the first to conclude that "they" were attracted to only sound. Despite coming from a prestigious family, she despises her parents whom she thought had given up on finding her in this crisis. However, she was able to amend their relationship before leaving the mansion.

Slightly self-conscious, she detests the fact people, due to her status, only call her by her last name and never look her in the eyes when speaking to her. The only exceptions to this are Kohta, who she has a unique friendship with, and Takashi, who is her childhood friend. acts as a mother figure to Alice in this crisis. Although she insists Alice calls her with the suffix "-sama", she has grown very attached to Alice. She does her best to keep intact Alice's innocence and will severely scold anyone who would dare attempt to tarnish it to any degree.

She's also is also a childhood friend of Takashi. She is hinted to have romantic feelings for Takashi but doesn't flirt with him as much as Rei does. However, she does get annoyed whenever Saeko gets close to Takashi. She uses an electric drill, and a Luger P08 pistol (modified from wikipedia).

Introducing Saya Tayagi of Highschool of the Dead, though she doesn't always wear her glasses, so does she count?

Saya has a "CSI Miami moment" (GIF)

Saya armed with either an MP28 or a Type 99 SMG
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 18:42

As long as she has worn her glasses for the majority of High School of the Dead thus far, I'll allow Saya to be nominated.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 4:38

Hmm; I refuse to blindly nominate for any series or feature I am not completely familiar with. So it comes down to 3 choices.

I second Taeko Minazuki from Ai Yori Aioshi!

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 22:21

I'll second Occult Academy's Kozue Naruse
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 22:26

I will second Takagi from High School of the Dead.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 22:50

Seeing as I haven't seen High School of the Dead yet, anyone know if Saya has worn glasses for a majority of her show thus far considering what SPARTAN 119 pointed out? Puzzled

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 23:15

Yes. Yes she has.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 23:18

Okay. That officially leaves one more spot to fill for the tourney with 25 nominees egging for the spot. Anyone wondering what the current nominees are, have a look:

1. Vanessa Laid (Super Dimensional Fortress Macross)
2. Becky Farrah (Gunsmith Cats)
3. Neneko (DearS)
4. Harumi Fujiyoshi (Sayonnara, Zetsubou-Sensei)
5. Igusa (Inukami)
6. Rei Tachibana (Pani Poni Dash!)
7. Miyako Uehara (Pani Poni Dash!)
8. Behoimi (Pani Poni Dash!)
9. Yukino Kikukawa (My-Hime)
10. Nenene Sumiregawa (Read or Die)
11. Ryuubi Gentoku (Ikki Tousen)
12. Komoe Harumachi (Eiken)
13. Sensei (Eiken)
14. Fuu Hououji (Magical Knight Rayearth)
15. Korhan Li (Sakura Wars)
16. Mizuho Kazami (Onegai Teacher)
17. Naoko Yanagisawa (Card Captor Sakura)
18. Chie Harada (My-Hime)
19. Chiaki Komatsu (Niea_7)
20. Chisa Yomoda (Serial Experiments Lain)
21. Mune Mune (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)
22. Saori Shikijou (Mahoromatic)
23. Tsutako Takeshima (Maria-sama ga Miteru)
24. Yayoi Fujisawa (Stellvia of the Universe)
25. Anri Sonohara (Durarara!)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 16:59

Kisk, I hope this girl gets your attention so I can get this tournament started up. Razz

One of Mari's classmates, this shy girl was able to pass the exams for Kaiou City's girls academy despite her family having to push their finances to their limit in order to afford the school's tuition. She is normally seen tending to the school gardens with the caretaker. Influenced by the awkward developments she witnesses in Mari and Hagino's bond, this girl begins work at writing up a script for a school play and directing it later in her show. Here's Blue Drop's Michiko "Micchi" Kozuki.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 17:19

I'll pop in at the last minute and second Anri Sonohara Smile

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 17:27

With Totoum's seconding of Anri, the last spot for the tournament's been filled. With the roster filled, I plan to start up this tourney later tonight as soon as I sort out matches. See you then!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum