Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney Official Thread

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney Official Thread

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 20:41

At least this didn't take as long for me to prepare as the Team Tourney. Laughing

Anyway, this tournament will take the 32 glasses-girl anime characters you folks voted on and they will compete against each other in one-on-one matches for five rounds and I will post two matches for each set I make. Whoever has the most votes three days after I set up the matches or 24 hours after the last vote will advance to the next round. In the event of a tie, either I will decide the winning vote if I never voted on a match or the winning vote will be decided by coin toss if I have voted. Anyway, let's start up the First Round with this first set of matches:

Match #1

This high school student is the next-in-line to become the head of her family's crime syndicate despite the fact her family doesn't want her to follow her family's bloody, dark path. But after the assassination of the syndicate's head by Hotel Moscow and learning the Russian syndicate has plans to dominate the Japanese crime world, this girl becomes the new leader of the syndicate and proceeds to do what she can alongside her bodyguard Ginji Matsuzaki to halt Hotel Moscow's plans to intrude upon her syndicate's territory, despite being totally unprepared for the reality of the dark world that she willingly crosses into. Here's Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage's Yukio Washimine.

And her opponent...

By day, she's a blue-haired, curry obsessed, glasses clad senior high school student. By night, she loses the glasses and becomes a triple-knife-wielding top-ranked vampire hunter for the Church. Mix in a loli familiar that becomes a giant spike gun, crazy tattoos and a love-hate relationship with the ditzy blonde True Ancestor of vampires and you've got Ciel of Tsukihime.

Match #2

Seemingly subservient to whomever is her "prince," this young woman is known as the Rose Bride who becomes the property of whoever wins in a sword duel between the current owner of the Rose Bride and their challenger. Formerly owned by student council member Kyouichi Saionji, this girl becomes the property of Utena Tenjou after she defeats Saionji in a duel. Utena desires this girl to be her own individual instead of being an object and fights in the Rose Duels to defend the Rose Bride against becoming someone else's object. However, there is a more darker and sinister side to the Rose Bride's character that is slowly unraveled as her show progresses. Here's Revolutionary Girl Utena's Anthy Himemiya.

And her opponent:

An obsessive bookworm, this woman was fired from the National Central Library in Central City for spending more of her time reading books than doing her job. She is sought out by the Elric brothers during the series for information regarding the research journal of Tim Marcoh. Despite not having the journal on her as it was destroyed by the military years earlier, this woman's photographic memory was able to memorize all the contents to it. Because of this, Edward was able to recommend her to a desk job in the military's records department under the direction of Maes Hughes. Following the demise of Hughes, this woman starts her own investigation concerning a potential cover-up by the military regarding certain details that led to Hughes' death. Here's Full Metal Alchemist's Sheska.

Voting will end either on Friday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney Official Thread

Post by Five_X on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 20:52

I vote Ciel and Sheska.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 21:16

Ciel and Sheska

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 23:43

Match 1: Yukio Washimine
Match 2: Sheska
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 24 Aug 2010 - 23:59

yukio and sheshka
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 0:33

Match One: Ciel from Tsukihime

Match Two: Sheska from Full Metal Alchemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 1:25

Match One: Ciel from TH.
Match Two: Sheska from FMA. Because she's made of awesome.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 3:32

Match 1: Yukio Washimine from Black Lagoon: Second Barrage

Match 2: Sheska from Full Metal Alchemist

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Wed 25 Aug 2010 - 3:47

Ciel and Sheska

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 26 Aug 2010 - 2:09

Match One: Ciel

Match Two:
Sheska

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 26 Aug 2010 - 20:45

Voting for Yukio and Anthy.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 27 Aug 2010 - 20:59

Three days have officially passed. Ciel beats Yukio 6-4 and Sheska breezes through Anthy 9-1. Ciel and Sheska will face off next round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1:

A shy yet busty gal, this high school student becomes friends with Mikado and Kida. Feeling like a parasite, this girl feels she needs to rely on others yet keeps her distance from making the relationships go too deep. Like her two friends, this girl is connected to one of the Ikebukuro urban legends and becomes entangled in a three-way group rivalry with her two friends thanks to the manipulations of Izaya. Here's Durarara's Anri Sonohara.

And her opponent:

Sora Hasegawa -- Ah! My Goddess!

Member of the motor club and chemistry major at the university. While usually overshadowed by the three Goddesses, we all know that real goddesses wear glasses.

Match #2

Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing -- Hellsing

As a young girl, she took over the family business of slaying vampires and other ghouls and can go toe-to-toe with NAZIs, Regenerator Priests, and Darcula himself. She's the megane girl you say "YES" to.

Against...

The level-headed of the main trio of girls in Kamichu, this middle school student is very down-to-earth and she's often sought out by Yurie for advice. While the advice is simple and common sense, it does enough to boost Yurie's confidence in any situation she winds up in. Unfortunately for this girl, she often finds herself being the unwilling possessed victim of the shrine god Yashima whenever he needs to communicate with people who can't sense his presence or if he's in the mood to play the guitar. Here's Mitsue Shijo.

Voting will end either on Monday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 27 Aug 2010 - 21:02

Sora Hasegawa and Mitsue Shijo

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Fri 27 Aug 2010 - 21:07

Anri unt Integra for zis voter.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 0:53

Match One: Sora

Match Two: Mitsue

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 0:57

Match One: Sora.
Match Two: Integra.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 8:03

Match 1: Sora Hasegawa from Ah! My Goddess!

Match 2: Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing from Hellsing!

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 8:53

Sora and integra
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 28 Aug 2010 - 14:57

Match One: Sora Hasegawa from Ah! My Goddess!

Match Two: Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing from Hellsing!
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 12:12

Voting for Anri and Mitsue.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Sun 29 Aug 2010 - 14:50

Anri for match one , integra for match two

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 16:27

With 24 hours having passed since voting, I shall end voting a little early today. Sora beats Anri in Match #1 6-3 and Integra slaughters Mitsue 6-3 meaning Sora and Integra shall face off next round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1

An assistant at Ayame Sohma's clothing store, this young woman is normally seen dressed in a maid costume always having a smile while doing her work. To Tohru's dismay, this girl has the obsessive habit of wanting to dress up any pretty girl that comes into the store. She and Ayame appear to have a greater relationship that extends beyond manager and worker as Ayame admits that this woman's helped him to overcome his own self-doubts on his ego causing others to not connect with him. Here's Fruits Basket's Mine Kuramae.

And her opponent:

This class president normally has a pleasant personality and advises Koyomi Araragi over the many things that go on in his life, especially concerning the spirits he normally comes across and his developing relationship with one Hitagi Senjougohara. However, this girl does what she can to bottle up any stress she experiences and when built up enough, a bakeneko takes over her body as a means for her to release this stress upon unwilling victims. Here's Bakemonogatari's Tsubasa Hanekawa.

Match #2

One of Kana Minami's classmates, this girl is an honors student who quite often gets lured into Kana's silly antics. On occasion, Kana likes to take this girl's glasses under the belief that they make her appear smarter and she is bugged by Riko about the amount of attention Kana receives from her crush Fujioka. Here's Minami-ke's Keiko.

And her opponent:

Originally the Chief of a branch of Public Security known as Foreign Affairs Section Four, this policewoman was involved in investigating many incidents in Tokyo that involved “contractors” (people with special abilities). She developed a romantic interest with a young man named Li who was actually the civilian alias of the elusive and deadly contractor known as “BK-201” or “The Black Reaper.” She eventually became involved in stopping a plot that aimed to exterminate contractors, eventually arresting one of the plot’s leaders and in the process making the contractor phenomenon public for the first time. However the organization behind the actual plot proved elusive, and she ended up resigning her post and tranferring to an out of the way police station, though she continued to take an interest in the whereabouts of BK-201. After losing track of BK-201 she accepted an offer to work for a covert agency named Section Three, which led to her becoming involved in another major contractor related incident. She has a liking for greasy food, but claims that her she can get away with it because her job keeps her moving. Here’s Misaki Kirihara from Darker Than Black.

Voting will end either on Thursday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 17:07

Match One: Kuramae Mine from Fruba.
Match Two: Kirihara Misaki from DTB.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 18:12

Match One: Abstain -- I don't really know much about either one

Match Two: Minami-ke's Keiko
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:02

Tsubasa for the first match and Misaki for the second.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:15

tsubasa and keiko
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 19:37

Tsubasa in match one and Misaki in match two

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 20:12

Bakemonogatari's Tsubasa Hanekawa and Minami-ke's Keiko.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 21:57

I am requesting for the voting time be standardized to 3 days!

Mainly due to the fact that I know 5#!7 from shinolla about either of the 4 chars. and would like to research them further.

I.E.: Actually watch the anime...at least. sweat

Therefore I can cast a definite unbiased vote.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 0:36

Match One: Abstain

Match Two:
Misaki from Darker Than Black

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 22:03

Voting for Hanekawa and Keiko.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 20:30

Match 1: Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari.
- I really tried to like Mine, I really did; but the more I watched her, the more she got annoying. Tsubasa on the other hand is endearing due to not just the nature surrounding her possession, but it's cause as well. If only she confessed sooner, Koyomi wouldn't be stuck with this psycho-chick that wants to kill him just for talking "endearingly" about some lesbian.

Match 2: Misaki Kirihara from Darker Than Black
- I like Keiko, but she didn't endear so much as I ended up pitying her for being more or less the doormat of the main char's. Misaki is cold as they come, but not in a bad way. It kinda makes me wish I had nominated Angelica Burns from Coyote Ragtime Show.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 3:23

Tsubasa and Keiko.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 16:58

Three days have passed so voting time's officially up. Hanekawa wins against Mine 6-1 and we have a tie in Match #2 meaning the winning vote shall be decided by coin toss since I've voted already. The lucky coin flips in favor of Misaki. This means Hanekawa will take on Misaki next round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1:

This clumsy second-year college student winds up being a maid for the Sakuraba household moving in with Kaoru and Tina. Having a rather large bust size and being naive, two male photography club members (not counting Kaoru) at her college often take advantage of her naiveté by having her pose for photos in some revealing cosplay costumes. She has a fascination with the supernatural shown in one episode and is a horrible driver that Kaoru, Chika and Tina fear behind the wheel. Like many of the female residents at the Western style house, this girl finds herself attracted to Kaoru while unaware that he only has his eyes set on Aoi. Here's Ai Yori Aoshi's Taeko Minazuki.

And her opponent:

This girl was thrown out by her parents because they were frightened of her ability to summon nearby objects to her hands. She was raised by “the other half of society” and ended up becoming a special agent for the Japanese Customs Agency, where she earned both a fearsome reputation and the nickname “Bad Luck Momiji.” She usually wears glasses as part of her civilian identity as an ordinary high school girl. She has an interest in movies that eventually led to her meeting Kio, a boy about her own age that she began to take an interest in. Her feelings for Kio eventually came into conflict with her professional loyalties when she was assigned to go after Eris, the alien cat girl that Kio came into contact with. Here’s Aoi Futaba from Asobi ni Ikuyo!

Match #2

One of Kyosuke's younger sisters, this girl has a reserved personality and normally prepares meals for her family. Like her older brother and her twin sister Kurumi, she is an esper yet doesn't make use of her powers as frequently as her siblings unless its necessary. One prominent episode of her series shows her having a wild side she often dresses up in to let loose stress from her duties around the Kasuga household. Here's Kimagure Orange Road's Manami Kasuga.

And her opponent:

Matsuri Sakuragi -- Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmellow)

A timid and shy girl, with her pet ferret John, she is often teased by Miu Matsouka, she often end up crying or hiding behind the older Nobue Ito, who just loved Matsuri's adorableness.

Voting will end either on Sunday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 17:32

Taeko Minazuki- hooray for boobs
Manami Kasuga
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 20:33

Match One: Ai Yori Aoshi's Taeko Minazuki

Match Two: Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmellow)'s Matsuri Sakuragi
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:17

Aoi Futaba from Asobi ni Ikuyo! and Matsuri Sakuragi from Ichigo Mashimaro

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:30

Match One: Aoi Futaba. She may have a ridiculously flat chest, but she's reasonably well rounded as far as characterisation is concerned. Plus she's a total badass.

Match Two: Manami Kasuga

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 21:54

Aoi and Matsuri.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Thu 2 Sep 2010 - 23:50

Aoi and abstain due to unfamiliarity
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 3 Sep 2010 - 15:32

Match One: Aoi Futaba from Asobi ni Ikuyo!
Match Two: Manami Kasuga from Kimagure Orange Road.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 10:36

Voting for Taeko and Manami.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 16:09

Aoi and abstain (not familiar with the characters).
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:35

Sunday night has come. Voting time's now up. Aoi beats Taeko 6-3 and Manami narrowly beats Matsuri 4-3. Let's begin the second half of the First Round with this next set of matches:

Match #1

A military cadet who participated in a plan to liberate her home planet by selling the
broadcast rights for the rebellion to a TV network and using the funds to purchase and maintain the battle ship necessary to stage said rebellion. She is the best friend of the ship’s second in command, the tactically brilliant Sinon Kouzuki. However where Sinon is generally reserved and borderline melancholy, this girl is very cheerful and outgoing. Unlike Sinon, she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by seeing a swimsuit clad CGI version of herself hawking exercise equipment on TV, simply shrugging it off as "part of the contract." Her main passion is astronomy, which is why she spends much of her off duty time in the ship’s observatory. Her talent as an astronomer also got put to use when the ship was threatened by an enemy stealth vessel. Strangely enough for a person living over two hundred years in the future, her glasses seem to serve more than just a merely aesthetic purpose, as she was shown having a great deal trouble finding them when she was roused out of bed by an alarm despite the fact that said glasses were right in front of her. Here’s Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators.

And her opponent:

Making her escape with fellow classmate Kohta Hirano, she is the daughter of an influential Uyoku dantai politician and her family is deeply involved in Japan's politics. A self-proclaimed genius, her knowledge and deductive capabilities have allowed the group to escape from harm many times. She was among the first to conclude that "they" were attracted to only sound. Despite coming from a prestigious family, she despises her parents whom she thought had given up on finding her in this crisis. However, she was able to amend their relationship before leaving the mansion.

Slightly self-conscious, she detests the fact people, due to her status, only call her by her last name and never look her in the eyes when speaking to her. The only exceptions to this are Kohta, who she has a unique friendship with, and Takashi, who is her childhood friend. acts as a mother figure to Alice in this crisis. Although she insists Alice calls her with the suffix "-sama", she has grown very attached to Alice. She does her best to keep intact Alice's innocence and will severely scold anyone who would dare attempt to tarnish it to any degree.

She's also is also a childhood friend of Takashi. She is hinted to have romantic feelings for Takashi but doesn't flirt with him as much as Rei does. However, she does get annoyed whenever Saeko gets close to Takashi. She uses an electric drill, and a Luger P08 pistol (modified from wikipedia).

Introducing Saya Tayagi of Highschool of the Dead.

Match #2

Kisaragi Yamaguchi -- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

She is clumsy and gullible, but also gentle at heart. Dedicated to her drawing and art, rivaled only by her friends.

And her opponent:

A chemist working for the Solomon Space Agency, a Japanese corporation operating in then Solomon Islands that tried to corner a market in satellite repair by attempting to develop low cost manned space flight. She has an obsession with oxidation –the SSA’s director actually convinced her to join the Agency by pointing out how rockets were essentially the ultimate examples of the oxidation process. At least two of the many explosions that plagued the SSA’s rockets during testing was due to her mixing additives to the fuel to make it burn better. She eventually developed a partially rubber based fuel that allowed for a very lightweight rocket design because it was stable until acted upon as a catalyst, namely platinum. She used her own wedding ring to provide the platinum necessary to complete the experiment since it happened to be handy. Her glasses have a tendency to go shiny at times, particularly in situations where her actions are making other characters nervous. She has also demonstrated something of a lack of the finer points of human relations, as exemplified by her simply ordering astronaut in training Yukari Morita to take off her clothes without explaining why when she was trying to take measurements for Yukari’s space suit. Here’s Motoko Mihara from Rocket Girls.

Voting will end either on Wednesday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun.

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:49

Saya Tayagi and abstain due to unfamilairity
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:52

Wow those are going to be 2 very easy votes to cast:

match 1 : Saya Tayagi

match 2 : Kisaragi Yamaguchi (if I could vote a thousand times for her I would lol)

Last edited by Totoum on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:14

Saya and Motoko.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:59

Miyuri Akisato and Motoko Mihara I have to go with the babes in outerspace or working to get there.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 21:37

Miyuri Akisato - Starship Operators

Kisaragi Yamaguchi - GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 1:47

Match One: Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators

Match Two: Motoko Mihara from Rocket Girls

Piero

Male