Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 10:36

Voting for Taeko and Manami.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/ Manga Meganekko (Girls with Glasses) Tourney Official Thread

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 16:09

Aoi and abstain (not familiar with the characters).

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:35

Sunday night has come. Voting time's now up. Aoi beats Taeko 6-3 and Manami narrowly beats Matsuri 4-3. Let's begin the second half of the First Round with this next set of matches:

Match #1

A military cadet who participated in a plan to liberate her home planet by selling the
broadcast rights for the rebellion to a TV network and using the funds to purchase and maintain the battle ship necessary to stage said rebellion. She is the best friend of the ship’s second in command, the tactically brilliant Sinon Kouzuki. However where Sinon is generally reserved and borderline melancholy, this girl is very cheerful and outgoing. Unlike Sinon, she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by seeing a swimsuit clad CGI version of herself hawking exercise equipment on TV, simply shrugging it off as "part of the contract." Her main passion is astronomy, which is why she spends much of her off duty time in the ship’s observatory. Her talent as an astronomer also got put to use when the ship was threatened by an enemy stealth vessel. Strangely enough for a person living over two hundred years in the future, her glasses seem to serve more than just a merely aesthetic purpose, as she was shown having a great deal trouble finding them when she was roused out of bed by an alarm despite the fact that said glasses were right in front of her. Here’s Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators.

And her opponent:

Making her escape with fellow classmate Kohta Hirano, she is the daughter of an influential Uyoku dantai politician and her family is deeply involved in Japan's politics. A self-proclaimed genius, her knowledge and deductive capabilities have allowed the group to escape from harm many times. She was among the first to conclude that "they" were attracted to only sound. Despite coming from a prestigious family, she despises her parents whom she thought had given up on finding her in this crisis. However, she was able to amend their relationship before leaving the mansion.

Slightly self-conscious, she detests the fact people, due to her status, only call her by her last name and never look her in the eyes when speaking to her. The only exceptions to this are Kohta, who she has a unique friendship with, and Takashi, who is her childhood friend. acts as a mother figure to Alice in this crisis. Although she insists Alice calls her with the suffix "-sama", she has grown very attached to Alice. She does her best to keep intact Alice's innocence and will severely scold anyone who would dare attempt to tarnish it to any degree.

She's also is also a childhood friend of Takashi. She is hinted to have romantic feelings for Takashi but doesn't flirt with him as much as Rei does. However, she does get annoyed whenever Saeko gets close to Takashi. She uses an electric drill, and a Luger P08 pistol (modified from wikipedia).

Introducing Saya Tayagi of Highschool of the Dead.

Match #2

Kisaragi Yamaguchi -- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

She is clumsy and gullible, but also gentle at heart. Dedicated to her drawing and art, rivaled only by her friends.

And her opponent:

A chemist working for the Solomon Space Agency, a Japanese corporation operating in then Solomon Islands that tried to corner a market in satellite repair by attempting to develop low cost manned space flight. She has an obsession with oxidation –the SSA’s director actually convinced her to join the Agency by pointing out how rockets were essentially the ultimate examples of the oxidation process. At least two of the many explosions that plagued the SSA’s rockets during testing was due to her mixing additives to the fuel to make it burn better. She eventually developed a partially rubber based fuel that allowed for a very lightweight rocket design because it was stable until acted upon as a catalyst, namely platinum. She used her own wedding ring to provide the platinum necessary to complete the experiment since it happened to be handy. Her glasses have a tendency to go shiny at times, particularly in situations where her actions are making other characters nervous. She has also demonstrated something of a lack of the finer points of human relations, as exemplified by her simply ordering astronaut in training Yukari Morita to take off her clothes without explaining why when she was trying to take measurements for Yukari’s space suit. Here’s Motoko Mihara from Rocket Girls.

Voting will end either on Wednesday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun.

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:49

Saya Tayagi and abstain due to unfamilairity

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 18:52

Wow those are going to be 2 very easy votes to cast:

match 1 : Saya Tayagi

match 2 : Kisaragi Yamaguchi (if I could vote a thousand times for her I would lol)

Last edited by Totoum on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total

Totoum

Forum Posts : 480

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:14

Saya and Motoko.

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 19:59

Miyuri Akisato and Motoko Mihara I have to go with the babes in outerspace or working to get there.

crazyidiot78

Forum Posts : 1534

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 5 Sep 2010 - 21:37

Miyuri Akisato - Starship Operators

Kisaragi Yamaguchi - GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10900

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 1:47

Match One: Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators

Match Two: Motoko Mihara from Rocket Girls

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 on Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 4:11

Miyuri and abstain.
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Mon 6 Sep 2010 - 18:33

Match One: Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators

Match Two: Kisaragi Yamaguchi from GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 1:35

Match One: Miyuri Akisato from Starship Operators. I can't vote for Saya because I find annoying and ugly, and for a girl who claims to be a genius she doesn't seem to know much about real life situations.
Match Two: Someone convince me (briefly) why I should vote for one of them.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 1:46

Well, I can't say Motoko is exactly a masterpiece of deep characterisation, she's a secondary character. But she is pretty amusing as a mad scientist. (Some of the humour in Rocket Girls comes from the fact that a lot of the staff members at the SSA are a bit strange. In some cases, it may be because they've been working at an isolated rocket facility in the Solomons for too long, but in Motoko's case I think she was kind of unhinged to begin with. Brilliant, but kind of unhinged.)

Kisk can probably make the case for the other character. I think he's familiar with that show, I'm not.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 1:56

Actually, Kodoku, geniuses are very often marked by being distant from most people. A genius does not know much about regular situations because they simply cannot relate. Given that she's also very rich, Saya is a prime candidate for being unused to things the we are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 18:10

@Five_X wrote:Actually, Kodoku, geniuses are very often marked by being distant from most people. A genius does not know much about regular situations because they simply cannot relate. Given that she's also very rich, Saya is a prime candidate for being unused to things the we are.
I understand that, it's just that it seems like she's always standing around without offering to help with much, even if it's just an idea. Maybe I'm just still irked that none of them could think to just crawl under the fence in episode 9.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 20:55

Kisaragi Yamaguchi happened to be my favorite character from GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class and I wasn't a fan of Rocket Girls, so she wins by default.

Geijutsuka was like a very mild form of Azumanga Daioh and Kisaragi kind of filled the Yomi role, but with far less drama and histrionics. At least until the recent OVA. Smile

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 21:52

I can see where you're coming from about Yumi,but to me she's a mix of different girls,you've also got her passion for cute things like Sasaki,a bit of innocence like Chiyo,and her dream sequence in episode 8 is on par with what comes out of Osaka's mind,if not weirder.

She also gets bonus points for:
-Her glasses are really huge
-She's voiced by Tomatsu Haruka

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Fan of : claes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 20:41

It's officially Wednesday night and voting time is officially up. Miyuri leaves Saya zombie infested with a score of 6-3 and Match #2 is tied meaning I need to make a vote. Motoko seems to be an interesting character judging from her description, so I shall vote for her. Miyuri and Motoko will face off in the Second Round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1 shall be a meganekko mecha pilot cat-fight. cheers

The newest Eva pilot to be introduced in the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, this young woman was the pilot of Eva-05 in America before it was destroyed. She accidentally parachutes down upon a surprised Shinji on his school rooftop later in the movie and enjoys the smell of LCL fluid coming from his body. She's perhaps well known for being capable of willingly triggering the Berserker mode of Eva-02. Here's Evangelion 2.0: You Can Not Advances's Mari Illustrious Makinami.

And her opponent:

One of three new mecha pilots recruited to the Nadesico after Gai Daigouji's demise, this young woman is first seen crawling through the air ducts on the ship before falling upon a surprised Akito Tenkawa while he was watching Gekigengar. An anime and manga otaku herself, this woman dreams of creating her own doujinshi of the series where she is one of the female leads and two of the Gekigengar male characters are in a yaoi relationship. It seems she also had some form of love troubles in the past as she rejected the affections of Nadesico's chief engineer Seiya Urubatake while using model kits in a later episode in her series. Here's Martian Successor Nadesico's Hikaru Amano.

Match #2

The chief engineer for the Vandread, this goofy-looking woman is one of the few women to willingly accept the men when they are first taken hostage. She is mostly seen monitoring the ship's engines and partnering up with ship doctor Duelo as they share a common patient in the ship's main engine, the Paeksys. She and Duelo become increasingly attracted to one another as their show progresses. Here's Vandread's Parfet Balblair.

And her opponent:

One of Maya's classmates at the Occult Academy, this girl has an immense fascination with the occult despite being a bit ditzy and having below average marks. Unfortunately for this girl, she is often on the receiving end of attacks coming from supernatural creatures. Here's Kozue Naruse.

Voting will end either on Saturday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
-Joker "Batman: The Killing Joke"
If the SWA told Sandro to go fuck a chicken, he would.
-Elfen in Chatbox (3/28/09)
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 20:57

Hhhhmmm match 1 is a tough choice, I like both shows although I have yet to see Evangelion 2.0. I'm going to have to go with Hikaru on this one even though she admits to only wearing glasses to look cute.
Match 2 is an easy one Parfet wins hands down to bad she doesn't drop the braided look then she would look really good.
crazyidiot78

Male

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 21:31

Evangelion 2.0: You Can Not Advances's Mari Illustrious Makinami

Occult Academy's Kozue Naruse

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 23:07

Match One: Martian Successor Nadesico's Hikaru Amano -- Haven't seen the 2nd Eva movie yet, so defaults to the geek girl

Match Two: Occult Academy's Kozue Naruse -- When I think "Meganeko" I think more of a cute and innocent bombastism then a hardcore engineering bombastism (though both are nice)...
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 21:52

Match #1: Hikaru Amano (While I have seen Eva 2.0, there hasn't really been much told about Mari's character as of yet. Besides being a mecha pilot, Hikaru's also an otaku. So she deserves some love here.)

Match #2: Parfet Balblair (She and Duelo have the best chemistry of the potential pairings aboard the Nirvana).

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 22:49; edited 1 time in total

"Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man."
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 9 Sep 2010 - 22:28

I vote for Mari and Kozue.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 0:54

One vote for Mari (I can't remember practically anything about the Nadesico girl), and one for Kozue as well. I actually liked Parfet in some ways, but I'm not a big fan of her character design.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 1:09

It appears 24 hours have passed since the last vote so I shall end voting early. Match #1 is tied 3-3 and Kozue beats out Parfet 4-2. With the first match, the tie breaker shall be decided by coin toss since I've already voted. And the lucky coin tosses in Mari's favor. Mari and Kozue will face off in the next round. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1:

Yoriko Nikaido from Your Under Arrest
Awkward and clumsy she is often over shadowed by her fellow police oficers and is plagued by feelings of doubt and insecurty at times. However she is incredibly lucky and dedicated to being a traffic cop keeping the streets of Tokyo safe.

Against...

A member of Ashford Academy's student council, this reserved girl has a large fear of Elevens and develops intense feelings for Britannian princess Euphemia to the point where a picture of the princess drives her to, um... do something with a table. Following later events with Euphemia, this girl becomes mentally unstable and develops a nuclear weapon she threatens to detonate to kill off Zero and the Black Knights. Because of her development on the weapon, Schneizel vi Britannia recruits her as a weapons research scientist to develop a nuclear weapon called FLEJIA. Here's Code Geass's infamous Psycho Lesbian, Nina Einstein.

Match #2

One of the Haibane living at Old Home, this girl has been a Haibane for three years. A serious-thinking yet often mischievous and funny girl, this girl normally works at the local bakery. Here's Haibane Renmei's Hikari.

And her opponent...
Mizuhara Koyomi, better known to her friends as "Yomi", is rather similar to someone that you probably knew or know in high school. Although she isn't actually a genius, she does study hard, and gets good grades because of it. She is also constantly concerned about being a little overweight, even though her weight never actually seems to be off kilter in either direction. She is also fairly rational in her behavior, although she sometimes tends to crack under pressure, and in the high school year book may be remembered as being in the "most likely to go postal" category.

Voting will end either on Tuesday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 9:43

Yoriko Nikaido

and

Mizuhara Koyomi

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:07

Noriko and Koyumi
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 13:10

Match One: Yoriko

Match Two: Koyomi

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 13:22

Match One: Yoriko Nikaido from Your Under Arrest -- I'll go with the not-insane Meganeko

Match Two: Hikari from Haibane Renmei -- Both are good, but I'm going for the more shy and reserved one as a better representation of "meganeko"
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 17:46

Match One: Nina Einstein from Code Geass. Because in season two, she stabilized to the point of almost becoming normal.
Match Two: Hikari from Haibane Renmei.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 18:30

Yoriko and Yomi
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 20:12

Nina is insane and has sex with tables, so she gets my vote for being memorable.

Also Mizuhara Koyumi.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 12 Sep 2010 - 17:25

Match #1: Nina (The only anime character I know of who made table humping a creepy thing in anime.)

Match #2: Yomi (Have to go with the girl enduring Tomo's never-ending torment.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Mon 13 Sep 2010 - 17:38

I was unsure about match 1 since I'm not familiar with either girl but...

@Five_X wrote:Nina is insane and has sex with tables

I googled just to make sure I had read that correctly

So I vote nina (cause she just creeped me out)

And I'll go with Yomi for match 2

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 21:31

Voting time is officially up. Yoriko narrowly beats Table-kun's lover 5-4 and Yomi breezes through Hikari 7-2. Yoriko and Yomi will face off next round. Here are the last set of matches for the First Round:

Match #1:

The cute best friend of the fiery tsundere Kaname Chidori. She is generally extremely cheerful and doesn’t seem to be bothered by Kaname’s unpredictable mood swings. She often carries a small digital camera and seems to like to snap pictures of just about anything and everything she encounters. She also has a keen interest in Kaname’s love life (she once set Kaname up on a disastrous blind date because someone asked her to) and particularly her relationship with Sousuke Sagara, a socially inept military fanboy who is actually an elite soldier from a secret organization called Mithril that was assigned to go undercover to protect Kaname. She is very good at reading her best friend and can easily see through the other girl’s attempts at denial. Here’s Kyouko Tokiwa from Full Metal Panic.

And her opponent:

A former FARC guerrilla trained as an assassin in Cuba and an internationally wanted criminal, she earned the moniker "Bloodhound of Florencia" for her relentless drive to achieve her objectives and Revy of the Lagoon Company as unofficially dubbed her as "That Fucking Glasses Bitch". Working as a maid in the Lovelace household, her domestic skills such as cleaning and cooking were poor, she developed a close friendship with the young son of the Lovelace family, Garcia. Here's Black Lagoon's Roberta.

Match #2

Emma -- Victorian Romance Emma

Barely escaping as a child from being sold to a brothel, she was picked up off the streets by retired governess, Kelly Stowner, when she is taught to read, write, and of course, is given her first and precious pair of glasses. She falls in love love with Mrs. Stowner's former pupil, despite his coming from a rich family, and manages to overcome the class structure of Victorian England to find love while remaining a paragon of womanly vitrue.

And her opponent:

Yomiko Readman -- Read or Die

A total bibliophile, she is also the master of controlling and manipulating paper, and serves as a secret agent for the British Library. Her hair is often unkempt and she cares little for fashion -- or anything that isn't a book for that matter. She nonetheless shares a strong bond with her friends, such as author Nenene Sumiregawa, and will protect the people close to her and risk everything for them -- even going up against the power of the British Library and their power itself.

Voting will end either on Friday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 22:38

Match One: Roberta from Black Lagoon -- meganeko + meido + firepower = win

Match Two: Emma from Victorian Romance Emma -- Nooo! Two of my favorite meganeko against each other in a first round bout. They are both somewhat reserved while being strong in the face of adversity. But I just have to go with Emma.

Looks like its a Meido round for me!
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 22:40

Kyouko Tokiwa and Yomiko Readman

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 22:58

Roberta is a giant cat now?

I vote for Kyouko and Yomiko Readman. Oh ho ho, clever last name there.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 23:31

Kyouko Tokiwa and Yuriko Readman. Hopefully my desire to see how Ggultra will describe Kyouko beating Roberta if the former happens to win isn't compromising my judgement too much. Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 0:17

Roberta and Yomiko.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 0:20

Roberta and Emma

'nuff said

Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 18:35

the first battle my vote goes to kyouko. The second battle is a tough one but I have to go with Yomiko.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 21:50

Match #1: Kyouko (Thanks to Piero, I'm now tempted to write up something if Roberta loses. Razz )

Match #2: Yomiko (Much as I enjoyed the struggles faced by Emma and William to overcome social status for their love, I'm much more in love with Yomiko. Not every day you get to beat baddies up using paper formed into weapons.)

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 22:20

Over 24 hours have passed since the last vote meaning I shall end matches early. Kyouko blinds Roberta via camera flash with a score of 5-3 and Yomiko makes a paper plane to victory over Emma with a score of 6-2. The First Round officially ends and we shall start up the first set of matches for the Second Round:

Match #1:

By day, she's a blue-haired, curry obsessed, glasses clad senior high school student. By night, she loses the glasses and becomes a triple-knife-wielding top-ranked vampire hunter for the Church. Mix in a loli familiar that becomes a giant spike gun, crazy tattoos and a love-hate relationship with the ditzy blonde True Ancestor of vampires and you've got Ciel of Tsukihime.

And her opponent:

An obsessive bookworm, this woman was fired from the National Central Library in Central City for spending more of her time reading books than doing her job. She is sought out by the Elric brothers during the series for information regarding the research journal of Tim Marcoh. Despite not having the journal on her as it was destroyed by the military years earlier, this woman's photographic memory was able to memorize all the contents to it. Because of this, Edward was able to recommend her to a desk job in the military's records department under the direction of Maes Hughes. Following the demise of Hughes, this woman starts her own investigation concerning a potential cover-up by the military regarding certain details that led to Hughes' death. Here's Full Metal Alchemist's Sheska.

Match #2:

Sora Hasegawa -- Ah! My Goddess!

Member of the motor club and chemistry major at the university. While usually overshadowed by the three Goddesses, we all know that real goddesses wear glasses.

And her opponent:

Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing -- Hellsing

As a young girl, she took over the family business of slaying vampires and other ghouls and can go toe-to-toe with NAZIs, Regenerator Priests, and Darcula himself. She's the megane girl you say "YES" to.

Voting will end either on Sunday night or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 22:33

Ciel hands down. Integra, too.

Ciel: curry obsessed Church militant. More personality than that sentence shows.

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 22:51

Sheska and Sora Hasegawa

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 23:04

Match One: Sheska from Full Metal Alchemist

Match Two: Sora Hasegawa from Ah! My Goddess!

My votes go for the nerdy girls.
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 23:36

Sheska for match one
Sora for match two I can't vote for a girl that can probably kick my ass from here to next week
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 20:34

Match #1: Sheska

Match #2: Integra

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 22:30

Match One: Abstain

Match Two: Sora

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 23:27

@Five_X wrote:Ciel hands down. Integra, too.

Ciel: curry obsessed Church militant. More personality than that sentence shows.

Seconds.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 1:05

Match One: Sheska from FMA.
Match Two: Integra from Hellsing.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:I can't vote for a girl that can probably kick my ass from here to next week
Knowing this, you think it wise to vote against her? Razz
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 12:33

True I forgot about the crazy vampire she keeps on a short leash. Shit I'm screwed
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 12:48

Considering 24 hours have passed since the last vote, I shall end voting a little early for today. Sheska crushes Ciel under a pile of books with a score of 5-2 and Match #2 is in a tie meaning the winning vote shall be decided by coin toss since I've voted. The lucky coin flips in favor of Integra. Sheska and Integra will face off in the Quarter-Finals. Here are the next set of matches:

Match #1

This class president normally has a pleasant personality and advises Koyomi Araragi over the many things that go on in his life, especially concerning the spirits he normally comes across and his developing relationship with one Hitagi Senjougohara. However, this girl does what she can to bottle up any stress she experiences and when built up enough, a bakeneko takes over her body as a means for her to release this stress upon unwilling victims. Here's Bakemonogatari's Tsubasa Hanekawa.

And her opponent:

Originally the Chief of a branch of Public Security known as Foreign Affairs Section Four, this policewoman was involved in investigating many incidents in Tokyo that involved “contractors” (people with special abilities). She developed a romantic interest with a young man named Li who was actually the civilian alias of the elusive and deadly contractor known as “BK-201” or “The Black Reaper.” She eventually became involved in stopping a plot that aimed to exterminate contractors, eventually arresting one of the plot’s leaders and in the process making the contractor phenomenon public for the first time. However the organization behind the actual plot proved elusive, and she ended up resigning her post and tranferring to an out of the way police station, though she continued to take an interest in the whereabouts of BK-201. After losing track of BK-201 she accepted an offer to work for a covert agency named Section Three, which led to her becoming involved in another major contractor related incident. She has a liking for greasy food, but claims that her she can get away with it because her job keeps her moving. Here’s Misaki Kirihara from Darker Than Black.

Match #2

This girl was thrown out by her parents because they were frightened of her ability to summon nearby objects to her hands. She was raised by “the other half of society” and ended up becoming a special agent for the Japanese Customs Agency, where she earned both a fearsome reputation and the nickname “Bad Luck Momiji.” She usually wears glasses as part of her civilian identity as an ordinary high school girl. She has an interest in movies that eventually led to her meeting Kio, a boy about her own age that she began to take an interest in. Her feelings for Kio eventually came into conflict with her professional loyalties when she was assigned to go after Eris, the alien cat girl that Kio came into contact with. Here’s Aoi Futaba from Asobi ni Ikuyo!

And her opponent:
One of Kyosuke's younger sisters, this girl has a reserved personality and normally prepares meals for her family. Like her older brother and her twin sister Kurumi, she is an esper yet doesn't make use of her powers as frequently as her siblings unless its necessary. One prominent episode of her series shows her having a wild side she often dresses up in to let loose stress from her duties around the Kasuga household. Here's Kimagure Orange Road's Manami Kasuga.

Voting will end either on Wednesday or 24 hours after the last vote. Have fun!

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 6:37; edited 1 time in total

Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 14:19

Misaki Kirihara and Aoi Futaba.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 14:32

Match One: Kirihara Misaki from DTB.
Match Two: Aoi Futaba from Asobi ni Ikuyo!
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 14:54

I vote for Tsubasa thanks to her aweosme bakeneko form.

And, let's go play with Aoi Futaba! Wait, that sounds a little off...

Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 15:56

Tsubasa Hanekawa and Manami Kasuga
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 1:45

Misaki Kirihara and Aoi Futaba.

Misaki's picture doesn't seem to be showing up properly.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next