Aperture Science Cyborg Testing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aperture Science Cyborg Testing

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 22:48

This is just an idea I had while in the chatbox. We were talking about different universes to throw GSG characters into, and for me, the game Portal came to mind. I gave it some thought, and this is my idea: What if one of the cyborgs became a test subject for Aperture Science and got to use a portal gun?

First off, we need to figure out who it would be. I was thinking Claes, because:
1) She's already being tested on at the SWA
2) She doesn't go on missions, so if she did end up in Aperture, she wouldn't be missing out on much, so to speak
3) She wears glasses, and everyone knows that wearing glasses makes you smarter and better at SCIENCE! Razz

Regardless of who the subject ends up being (let's just stick with Claes for now), we need to think of reason for her to be there. What I was thinking is that the SWA has pretty much perfected the cyborgs' augmentations, conditioning, and training, and so they decide to try and see if any other secret agencies would like to test their technologies (I know this might sound far fetched, but just roll with it for now). They are contacted by Aperture Science, who would gladly like to test one of the cyborgs out, but not in the way the Agency thinks they would. Rather than testing her combat effectiveness, they throw Claes into one of their puzzle courses, armed with nothing but a portal gun and her smarts.

And the rest would go on from there, I guess. Honestly though, I think it would work better as a series of levels for Portal, rather than a written story. A story would just be like a walkthrough for the levels, simply because each chapter would be Claes encountering a new puzzle, solving it, and moving on to the next test chamber. So unless I one day turn this into a Portal map pack/mod, I don't see the idea getting anywhere. So yeah, feel free to tell me what you think and give suggestions. Who knows, maybe this will get somewhere someday!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aperture Science Cyborg Testing

Post by MP5 on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 22:52

Interesting. Is GLaDOS going to be involved?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 23:01

MP5 wrote:Interesting. Is GLaDOS going to be involved?

Probably not. As far as I know, GLaDOS is the reason you find the facility abandoned in the first place, due to her going crazy and killing off most of the people inside. So it would take place during a pre-GLaDOS period of time, with actual humans talking to you during the tests, like in the mod Portal: Prelude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 0:50

Actually... I could see Claes being sent in to investigate after the scientists are all killed by a deadly neurotoxin, GLaDOS having flooded the levels of Aperture Science with a deadly neurotoxin...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 6:11

Officer_Charon wrote:Actually... I could see Claes being sent in to investigate after the scientists are all killed by a deadly neurotoxin, GLaDOS having flooded the levels of Aperture Science with a deadly neurotoxin...

Hm, that might work too. Perhaps once she gets inside, GLaDOS notices her and decides to greet her. And by greet her, I mean flood the room she's in with a not-so-deadly neurotoxin, knocking her unconscious.

She wakes up in one of the relaxation vaults, clad in a test subject uniform. GLaDOS starts chirping at her, and the tests begin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum