Lorenzo Pieri

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorenzo Pieri

Post by emperor on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 8:07

Does he has a cyborg?

Is that maid his servant and protector?

Got this question in my mind while read Elfen's Tea topic.

And if someone know Lorenzo's detail,then please add in this thread.

Last edited by emperor on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 12:00; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Re: Lorenzo Pieri

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 8:13

That's not a bad idea, although there's no concrete evidence for it.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 10:58

In Volume 13 we learn that Lorenzo came from the Italian civilian Intelligence Service - SISDE.

He was part of the security detail protecting Prosecutor Croce when he, his wife, daughter and Jean's fiance were killed in the car bombing. Afterwards, he was selected by Defense Minister Petris to head Special Operations, Section 2 when the Prime Minister created the "private side" of the SWA and the cyborg program. He personally recruited Jean Croce into SO, S2.

As to the maid who shows up in Chapter 1, there is nothing to say she's a cyborg, but I know a number of us (myself included) have decided she is one.

In my OC universe, she was the original prototype, designed just to see if you could perform that level of replacement surgery on a human and not kill them. Once she proved you could replace the parts and condition the mind to work with them, the decision was made to "go active" and Angelica and Triela were secured to launch the "Gunslinger Girl" program.

"Tea" is roughly a decade old in Once Again and when Michele expresses surprise at her still being around, he is told she could live many more years because the stress of the conditioning drugs is so low compared to what a "combat cyborg" receives.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 19:37

Kiskaloo wrote:As to the maid who shows up in Chapter 1, there is nothing to say she's a cyborg, but I know a number of us (myself included) have decided she is one.

In my OC universe, she was the original prototype, designed just to see if you could perform that level of replacement surgery on a human and not kill them. Once she proved you could replace the parts and condition the mind to work with them, the decision was made to "go active" and Angelica and Triela were secured to launch the "Gunslinger Girl" program.

"Tea" is roughly a decade old in Once Again and when Michele expresses surprise at her still being around, he is told she could live many more years because the stress of the conditioning drugs is so low compared to what a "combat cyborg" receives.

I agree with Kisk on nearly all since most of our minds run in parallel when it concerns Tea.

I take things further when in joining Boomer in the start of the SWA, Tea was the second cyborg built; actually she was created when the technologies used in Francesca were proven effective in making a cyborg. Like Francesca, she was 10-ish when she was created, but by the time V1 came out, she was 12-13.

But here's the twist; though as Kisk stated, Tea's ultra low conditioning medication makes her live longer, but at what price. When Francesca and Alpha returns (unwritten as of now), Alpha finds Tea as a mental shell as her former self. She has now become more robotic in form and nature than human, like Angie was heading but with less dramatic failure.

The funny thing to this origin, Tea never speaks, unless she is in her or other dorm room (of the three at the time). Thus the old friendship of Alpha/Francesca/Tea was a strange one, and like Fernando discovers she wont speak to handlers, but does communicate in nods and shakes of he head. Whether she speaks with the other cyborgs remains to be seen.

Boomer, what's your 1/2 of the input?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 11:57

Glad to hear from everyone. But I think in this way,Tea might be the secret skillful cyborg of Lorenzo. And he usuallly commands her to done the business that some girl has leave all the mess.

Even we're accepted Triela as a big sister but I personally think that Tea is the most highest rank cyborg than Triela. Considered from Tea status as being near Lorenzo who is the boss of section 2.

Now,we know Lorenzo was former SISDE and in the nearly age as Raballo.
And he has a Dulmasian white dog too.

Any more detail?

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 12:37

emperor wrote:And he has a Dulmasian white dog too.
I believe Lorenzo's dog is a German Pointer. The Croce family had a Dalmation named Folgore (Italian for lightning).

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 13:33

emperor wrote:Glad to hear from everyone. But I think in this way,Tea might be the secret skillful cyborg of Lorenzo. And he usuallly commands her to done the business that some girl has leave all the mess.

Even we're accepted Triela as a big sister but I personally think that Tea is the most highest rank cyborg than Triela. Considered from Tea status as being near Lorenzo who is the boss of section 2.

Now,we know Lorenzo was former SISDE and in the nearly age as Raballo.
And he has a Dulmasian white dog too.

Any more detail?

As I and a few have Tea, she is Lorenzo's personal body guard, though trained like the other girls for assorted missions. She will do any order Lorenzo gives her, and loans her to who ever he thinks she can learn from or enjoy the time off with.

I can not say much about her except for what I wrote of her in Chapter 10 of SWA Beginnings Francesca. Seniority wise, Tea has the highest seniority over the other cyborgs. But since she is not used in extermination detail missions like the others are in, she does not have to pull rank on the others. She does go to the other cyborgs and gives them orders when they are from Lorenzo himself. as such, she is his gopher (Go For this, Go For that...).

As such, Tea is a mysterious character to write for. Hell, we know more about Pia (from the game) than we do about Tea.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 13 May 2011 - 15:43

How would you describe Lorenzo character/personality wise?
laid back, intuitive, aggressive, humorous, caring, cold?
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 13 May 2011 - 16:24

tremec6speed wrote:How would you describe Lorenzo character/personality wise?

I would not go so far as to say "laid back", but based on what we see in the manga and anime, I'd say he is one who doesn't get ruffled by things and approaches life with a determined, logical layout. Certainly not your average government bureaucrat, but also certainly not a "hard charger".

I tend to write him as "professional and aloof". He's direct and to the point, without being blunt.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 13 May 2011 - 17:34

I would say "Professional and Aloof" too, but to a point. He is more willing to allow certain things beyond the normal scope of operations if it is needed. But at the same time, he needs a reason by it was done that way. He does have a boss to answer too...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 14 May 2011 - 14:25

I agree with Kiskaloo and ElfenMagix. That must be why I like Lorenzo, he's like an anchor of sorts. Calm, professional and reliable. Plus he seems like a personable chap.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 13:53

Does it seem out of character for Lorenzo to order the girls to stand down in order to get a busload of kids for the program?

As a hypothetical, imagine that terrorists have taken a school bus of kids and are threatening to blow it up unless their demands are met. Does it seem like Lorenzo would tell everyone to hold their positions until the bus went boom, then send in the medical team to recover as many girls as possible? Or is this something too cruel for Lorenzo's character?

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 17:16

I think that's a bit too much, even for him.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 17:44

Just a touch, aye.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:08

Any thoughts on who WOULD do that within the SWA?

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:15

That long-haired, bespectacled doctor. Gilliani.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:16

I'd say it's a bit over the top. Lorenzo has never struck me a cruel: pragmatic and hard when he needs to be, but not cruel.

Moral issues aside, I don't think the SWA would be logistically capable of handling that many cases at once, either in terms of personnel or budget. Best I can tell it's mostly setup to deal with the dribble of girls it gets from intensive care wards around Europe, which seem to handle its needs adequately as is. Remeber some of the handlers (Jose, Jean, Sandro) go to pick from a number of candidates, so it's assumedly not presed for supply of cyborg donors.

Moreover, it would then have to man up with handlers and support staff to then operate the new cyborgs, getting handlers seems to be more of an issue for it than getting girls for conversion... Getting a large group recruited, screened, cleared and inducted is always difficult and would likely end in a dropping of standards somewhere along the chain. It's a black organisation set up for covert operations, not an army, and appears to be structured as such.

Short version: I find it difficult to find justification for such a decision in the first place.

Last edited by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:17

Cool, thanks for the assist.

You do realize that this just means that somebody needs to create an almost-super-villain OC just so this scene can be written, yes?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:52

El Conservatore wrote:Cool, thanks for the assist.

You do realize that this just means that somebody needs to create an almost-super-villain OC just so this scene can be written, yes?

Wll Jethro & Monty are the official super villian fighting fratello... Incoming!

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:53

'kay.

Gimme a few days, I'll knock out a super villain for them to fight. Very Happy

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 11:34

El Conservatore wrote:Does it seem out of character for Lorenzo to order the girls to stand down in order to get a busload of kids for the program?

As a hypothetical, imagine that terrorists have taken a school bus of kids and are threatening to blow it up unless their demands are met. Does it seem like Lorenzo would tell everyone to hold their positions until the bus went boom, then send in the medical team to recover as many girls as possible? Or is this something too cruel for Lorenzo's character?
This would only depend on what government is being played here. The West Germans (before unification) had a policy in that is a person is taken hostage, his family would be notified of the situation that he will be killed along with the terrorists. This as their policy in hostage negotiations - "You want what? How about you surrender or we kill everybody. Including the hostages. This is not a bluff."

As such only a few countries have such policies, but not Italy.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum