The Patchwork Fratello

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Patchwork Fratello

Post by Alfisti on Thu 30 Dec 2010 - 13:43

@ElfenMagix wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Outdoor range? Indoor range?
The agency has both depending on what compound they are in. Voodoo did state in the previous chapter which choice to choose from.
Yeah, he stated "indoor" throughout, so just picking up a possible typo. Wink

@ElfenMagix wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Pfft, he's still got two days in those, everyone knows you can stretch underwear for four days. Razz
Fernando: I have seen things that would make the most hardest of men throw up. But with that comment, you just made my stomach turn!
What? Right way around, back-to-front, right way around inside out and back-to-front inside out. Razz

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5734

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Mon 16 May 2011 - 18:47

In re-reading these chapters over the last couple days (I have to stop reading when I get dispatched, deal with it. *grins*), I've been struck by Nicco's mindset, again, and LTC Dave Grossman's speech about Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs came to mind.

For anyone not familiar, I suggest that you google it, but to sum up: Society is divided into 3 types of people: Sheep, those who are benign, can not or do not want to conceive of evil in people - people with empathy for their fellow citizens, and no desire for violence; Wolves, those who would prey on the sheep, parasites with a propensity for violence and no empathy for their fellow citizens; and Sheepdogs, those who would defend the sheep from the predations of the wolves, in whom resides both the ability to do violence and the empathy for their fellow citizens that guides that violence.

Sheep is not a negative term, but it implies a specific mindset - that of someone who is content in their world, or at least not willing to harm anyone if they can help it. Nicco is most definitely a Sheep, who has known of the Wolves in an abstract, but on the whole has been content to do his thing without fear of interruption. Now, the pack has noticed him standing out, and has begun to target him.

Hopefully, he can change his mindset (whether through observation or through the application in the School of Hard Knocks). I honestly feel that this soft, almost effete subject has a lot more to show us, and may yet surprise the pack of sheepdogs now watching over him.

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1470

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 17 May 2011 - 5:36

I suppose this is a hint that I need to get in gear and finish up the next chapter of Nicco & Dario's story!
@Officer_Charon wrote: LTC Dave Grossman's speech about Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs came to mind.

Society is divided into 3 types of people: Sheep, those who are benign, can not or do not want to conceive of evil in people - people with empathy for their fellow citizens, and no desire for violence; Wolves, those who would prey on the sheep, parasites with a propensity for violence and no empathy for their fellow citizens; and Sheepdogs, those who would defend the sheep from the predations of the wolves, in whom resides both the ability to do violence and the empathy for their fellow citizens that guides that violence.
I am familiar with the speech (which I've only seen presented as an essay) but I've always felt that it over simplified things and equated exercise or counter-exercise of violence as the only way society is controlled. With only those three catergories where would you place a person like Gandhi or Martin Luther King?

That really wasn't what you were getting at though. Yes...Nicolo Corelli is definately a "sheep" in that context. He isn't exactly happy with the world or his situation but he lacks the means to change it. In a way I think we all feel that way sometimes (perhaps a lot of the time).
Hopefully, he can change his mindset (whether through observation or through the application in the School of Hard Knocks). I honestly feel that this soft, almost effete subject has a lot more to show us, and may yet surprise the pack of sheepdogs now watching over him.
A covert government murder agency may not provide the best enviroment for Nicolo to realize his desire for a better society...the story of the SWA and GsG in general is morally ambiguous (one of the reasons we like it).

I can't say much more without giving out spoilers. The story will begin shifting to the building realationship between he & his cyborg Dario...believe me there is a very big bombshell to be revealed about her.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 17 May 2011 - 5:44

Not really a hint, per se, but read into it as you prefer... *chuckles*

Actually, I could very easily classify Ghandi or MLK as Sheepdogs... they see the problem posed by the wolves, and they offer of themselves to protect the sheep that they want to defend. The "Wolf" may be an abstract such as societal inequality, causing harm to the sheep, until someone is able to step up as a Sheepdog to protect....

Sorry... it's 0530, I've been up for almost 24 hours, and the last 3 have been highly trying... ironically enough, given the Sheep/Wolf subject. In any case...

I eagerly await whatever you have to offer, regarding our makeshift pairing... these characters have a great deal of potential, and I can't wait to see where it will take them.

Officer_Charon

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 21:06

Chapter Four is posted for your reading pleasure.

Like Chaoskin ran into the other day I was having a serious "run-on chapter" situation. My first installment of this story was a manageable 6,700 words...chapter two grew to 9,000...chapter three topped 11,000 and this one was at 12,000 and counting so I cut it in half.

That means Chapter 5 is already done and just awaiting proof-read & a few edits. Dario & Nicolo's story will have yet another installment in just a few days.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 21:39

Awesome stuff, as always

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10889

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 23:10

That was great, VooDoo!

Now Rachel and the rest of the cyborg girls can taunt Nicco with "Have you seen your cyborg naked? Want pictures?!!" Evil

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5667

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 1:06

Yay! Just what I needed to cheer me up after that last call of the night. Fantastic stuff!

Additional thoughts to follow...

Officer_Charon

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 4:40

Wow... CH17 really was holding you up...

Anyway, seeing as I'm on something of a reviewing roll...

@Professor Voodoo wrote:It was a little disappointing to Nicolo to find upon opening his office
window that he had a view of the parking lot instead of the compound
lawns and grove of Tuscan pines that the other side of the building
enjoyed.
Lets be honest here: the SWA's location looks pretty picturesque, as far as I can tell even the carpark has a pretty decent view beyond it.

well rested and without the throbbing handover of the day before.
Hangover?

Corelli was a bit surprised to discover that he was not the first one up.
In a compound full of ex-military types, being "first up" probably requires not actually going to bed the night before.

"Oh, damn it" he cursed internally as the scent of strawberries
filled the air. "Too late now" he muttered to himself, lathering up the
sweet smelling detergent. "This is not an omen...this is just a humorous slip-up to laugh about later on today."
Great way to complete this opener. It sets a lighter, more positive mood for Nicco, a change of attitude and more importantly; a feeling that he now intends to make the best of this. I get the impression from some of his actions and later comments that Nicco is starting to view his arrival at the SWA as a sort of fresh start.

It was pretty cool, but since my handler won't let me have a sword I'm trying to do it with my knife."
Marisa: Hey Kara? Can I ask a favour?

Strangely, Nicco did. She handed him another apple from her tray and together they began slashing at their respective fruit in mid-air.
Aww... he's made a friend!

Since I've been here I think he's only eaten in the dining hall a handful of times.
I think probably with good reason too. To quote Wedge Antillies (Star Wars: X-wing) "I don't hang around for long, it makes the children nervous".

"nobody ever said the things we do at the Agency are 100% legal."
Sometimes I think they'd have trouble hitting even 50% legal.

Despite Marisa's insistence that she could do it herself Nicolo did his part cleaning up the mess of apple fragments
I get the impression that Nicco's position in the SWA heirarcy is going to wind up being something along the lines of "cyborg friend in the handler camp" (seeing as Monty's completely useless to them in that role) or "cyborg one-of-us". Especially in light of...

"The whole day was really off-kilter because I started it by letting
you down. You needed me to use the indoor range and I overslept. You
deserve a better handler than that and I intend to try a lot harder."
Isn't that the cyborg normally saying those sorts of things? Razz

"Signor Corelli, do you have any idea why the assassin chooses to commit
his murders inside art galleries? They're certainly not the easiest
places to get into at night."
Jethro: Well, once you get the hang of it...

"We really just walk right in the front door? I thought we had to do this all cloak-and-dagger style?"
Monty: You'd be amazed how few questions get asked if you just walk in through the front door like you own the place.

"I didn't catch it," protested the brunette, "it went straight through."
Because obviously that's somehow better. Then again, going by the apparent cyborg majority view that scars=good, I guess two holes are better than one.

Crimson faced, the girl hissed "Mr. Corelli! I'm going to be naked!"
I think that she can make that statement in that manner shows the changing dynamic of this fratello. Either way, this whole section made me laugh.

Great chapter mate, looking forward to the next.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 19:15

As promised; the next installment of Patchwork Fratello...
Chapter 5
This chapter's special guest fratello is Fernando & Rachel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 20:29

Seeing the previews and now the actual product, its an excellent job you have done there, VooDoo. I praise you and your work!

Fernando' allergies to the damned fruit (strawberrries) is so sensitive to its protien, enzymes and esters of it. Artificial strawberries have the esters of the fruit artificially created but its close enough to the real molecule that it will give him a reaction.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 20:35

@Professor Voodoo wrote:As promised; the next installment of Patchwork Fratello...
Chapter 5
This chapter's special guest fratello is Fernando & Rachel.
More thoughts later... but Sandro gets points on for apparently being a fan of The Kinks.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 21:01

As with all your work, most enjoyable.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 23:42

@Alfisti wrote: Sandro gets points on for apparently being a fan of The Kinks.
Glad you caught that...even if Nicco didn't.

That's the only hidden "arts joke" in this chapter...the others have more/better ones.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 10:22

Ok, thought on CH05:

@Professor Voodoo wrote: The place looked like little more than a break room with a large glass
fronted refrigerator holding plastic-wrapped sandwiches, salads, various
bottled beverages as well as an assortment of fruit and plastic yoghurt
cups.
I take it those fruit cups are not of the Pimms variety?

I've got to admit I've never pictured the SWA as being large enough to require more than a single mess hall, fitted out to fill different roles at different times... maybe a formal dining room.

Lorenzo had better watch out, get too many facilities and Avise will start pushing for an officers' club.

"Pretty good," replied an amply endowed girl about Dario's age with distinct Puerto Rican features
Must be tough, being immediately identified by your bust before your facial features every time.

Left with little else to do Nicco stared up at the morning sky and watched the clouds drift past.
Actually a pretty good way to pass the time if you have the luxury of idleness.

"I'm 100% ready" she replied without much emotion. Dario glared at
Claes, making the girl in glasses feel a bit uncomfortable so she
excused herself. "Well, Dr. Gilliani is probably ready for me so I'd
better get inside."
Standard cyborg jealousy (even with a "temp" handler)... or something deeper between the two?

Nicolo had not yet met Petrushka or her handler, but the pale skinned,
jet-black haired teenager shook hands with him as introductions were
made and gave him a friendly smile.
Another identity mixup just waiting to happen here...

Like most of the cyborgs, public transportation was a novelty...they
were usually transported in their handler's private automobiles.

Despite
the stimulating conditions Dario suffered from no lack of attentiveness
to her handler's security, in fact new strangers constantly getting on
and off the bus allowed her to practice her profiling talents.
I wonder if all cyborgs would find public transport as stimulating and interesting... I'm sure others would find having so many, constantly changing, strangers around highly stressful. I think in some of your Idyllic Lives writing you noted about 'Etta finding airports terrifying... in some respects public transport could conjure up similar fears.

"Collect that weapon and don't let anyone see you doing it" ordered
Corelli, "we can't leave it there for some random kid to find."
I'm not certain, but I believe this is the first time Nicco's given an order with real feeling and intent behind it... as a "real" handler as it were and not just doing what he thought he should be to fill the role.

...but Dario felt she had something unique; a handler who really needed her.
I think all the cyborgs would like to think they are (rightly or wrongly) needed by their handlers, and would work hard to prove themselves useful and indispensable... Dario's certainly now though in probably the most extreme/solid position on that front. Double edged sword when it comes to bragging rights though.

Another excellent chapter mate, with a heartwarming, if slightly forboding sounding ending, seems like there could be another, more enduring, bump in the road for this fratello relationship wise. It was also fun to see Elfen's pair get a cameo as well... Nicco seems to be making a habit of meeting all the scary people first.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 12:24

Lorenzo had better watch out, get too many facilities and Avise will start pushing for an officers' club.

We'll have to see what can be done about the submarine pen, zeppelin hangar, and ICBM silo first.

Must be tough, being immediately identified by your bust before your facial features every time

One thing that caught my attention in Chapter 84 - Alessandro noticed that the Padanian charging the lobby was a woman before the fact that she was a kamikaze there ready to go to glory and kill them all. Probably says something about him...!

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 15:43

@Robert Frazer wrote:

We'll have to see what can be done about the submarine pen, zeppelin hangar, and ICBM silo first.

Monty: "Bad flashbacks! Bad flashbacks!"

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 21:49

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Robert Frazer wrote:

Monty: "Bad flashbacks! Bad flashbacks!"
Francesca: At least you did not had to infiltrate the submarine pen!
Spoiler:

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 22:40

@Alfisti wrote: I take it those fruit cups are not of the Pimms variety?
Maybe that's why the cyborgs are not allowed there without a handler.
I've got to admit I've never pictured the SWA as being large enough to require more than a single mess hall, fitted out to fill different roles at different times... maybe a formal dining room.

Lorenzo had better watch out, get too many facilities and Avise will start pushing for an officers' club
The handler's canteen is taken straight from canon. Jean, Raballo & Rico sit there in chapter 6...Giuse, Bernardo & Marco use it here in chapter 20...

What I absolutely am guilty of is increasing the size & scope of the girls' dining room to suit my literary purposes. I've made it a much bigger place with an intergrated kitchen...open to all staff. This is to provide a forum for characters to meet and interact.

An O-Club? I think they'll just have to make due with the taverna down the road.
Standard cyborg jealousy (even with a "temp" handler)... or something deeper between the two?
While I don't plan on a direct confrontation between Claes & Dario this will lead to drama.
I wonder if all cyborgs would find public transport as stimulating and interesting... I'm sure others would find having so many, constantly changing, strangers around highly stressful. I think in some of your Idyllic Lives writing you noted about 'Etta finding airports terrifying... in some respects public transport could conjure up similar fears.
Well, Dario's 13...Henrietta is what, 10? Big difference in attitudes I should think. Of course, Angelica & Rico both stated that they loved traveling by train in the second season anime...but I think that had more to do with scenery.

There will be another "Henrietta doesn't like crowds" moment in my next E&M episode.
I believe this is the first time Nicco's given an order with real feeling and intent behind it... as a "real" handler as it were and not just doing what he thought he should be to fill the role.
Well, he is coming along. He'll be tested in the next chapter though.
I think all the cyborgs would like to think they are (rightly or wrongly) needed by their handlers, and would work hard to prove themselves useful and indispensable... Dario's certainly now though in probably the most extreme/solid position on that front. Double edged sword when it comes to bragging rights though.
What I'm getting at here is that every other handler gives off an air of powerful competence. While Marisa knows she has great power that can help Elio get the job done she accepts that he was perfectly capable of getting the job done for 35 years before her. Many other fratelli fit that mold...Fernando & Rachel, Jethro & Monty; just about everyone except Hillshire.
slightly forboding sounding ending, seems like there could be another, more enduring, bump in the road for this fratello relationship wise.
Seeing as the murder case is turning into little more than a side-bar story the emphasis certainly is on Nicolo & Dario's building relationship. You're right though...the biggest revelation about Dario is yet to come.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 23:56

@Professor Voodoo wrote:The handler's canteen is taken straight from canon. Jean, Raballo & Rico sit there in chapter 6...Giuse, Bernardo & Marco use it here in chapter 20...
Huh... I stand corrected.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 0:09

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:The handler's canteen is taken straight from canon. Jean, Raballo & Rico sit there in chapter 6...Giuse, Bernardo & Marco use it here in chapter 20...
Huh... I stand corrected.
Well, if Monty & Jethro would only spend more time on compound...

Monty: Put a sock in it, Voodoo.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 0:17

@Professor Voodoo wrote: Well, if Monty & Jethro would only spend more time on compound...

...only cyborg to still need directions to Triela's room.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 0:36

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote: Well, if Monty & Jethro would only spend more time on compound...

And an armed escort. Incoming!

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 19 Jun 2011 - 1:02

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:

And an armed escort. Incoming!
Rachel: Its the First Room on the Right, Left after the stair case.

Francesca: Isn't that your room?

Rachel: My room is on the Left, Left of the stair case...

Francesca: You sure? I had to mark my hands Left and Right just to find your room.

Rachel: ... You had to mark your hands? How you find Daddy's room?

Francesca: That's simple, smell for cat food, coffee and burnt electronics; listen for Meeshie scratching at the door; or wait for Ferro to walk out of there at 3AM in just her underwear...

Rachel: BRAIN BLEACH! BRAIN BLEACH!

Cleas: Remind me to fix the Neon [Beware Of Angry Bitch] Sign above Rachel's door.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 22:58

The adventures of Nicco & Dario continue...
Chapter 6

In this installment...
...bullets fly.
...spaghetti flies.
...fragements of several porcelain toilets fly.

Enjoy.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 19 Jul 2011 - 23:14

study

Excellent as always. I really enjoy reading your prose.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 1:59

He might be a weirdo, but he's my weirdo.
I think all the cyborgs say that about their handlers.

A great read and an excellent chapter, VooDoo!

As Fernando would say about the cafeteria, "God bless the mess."

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 2:16

Congratulations... you've successfully distracted me from doing actual work.

Loved Avise's bit in it... one technical nitpick though: The Glock series of pistols are actually fairly simple compared to most guns (to the best of my understanding) and famously don't have an external safety (except on some regional variants). It's all internal and automatic, and a double action revolver doesn't need you to cock the hammer the first time round either... though doing so lightens the trigger and makes it easier to hit stuff. Some of the gun-people around here could probably explain it all better or correct me where needs be.

More thoughts to come, but great stuff as usual.

Agapita may have something to say about Dario calling revolver-touting-handlers "weird" though. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 5:39

Another excellent chapter, Voodoo and a most welcome surprise to end my day with. I'm not really the type to offer deep analysis and reviews of another works, but I will comment that between the two of us, the poor cafeteria seems to be taking a beating. At least the fight between Triela and Dario didn't require any of the furniture being replaced. Razz
"This is all new to me," sighed Nicco, "I have no clue what I'm going to do when I walk down those stairs."
Jacob: You're welcome to borrow Melanie's rucksack for the afternoon.
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 7:01

@Alfisti wrote:one technical nitpick though: The Glock series of pistols are actually fairly simple compared to most guns (to the best of my understanding) and famously don't have an external safety (except on some regional variants). It's all internal and automatic, and a double action revolver doesn't need you to cock the hammer the first time round either... though doing so lightens the trigger and makes it easier to hit stuff. Some of the gun-people around here could probably explain it all better or correct me where needs be.

What Alfisti said is spot-on. External safeties and such are more at home on 'traditional' automatics like an M1911 or an M9.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 20 Jul 2011 - 8:29

great stuff as always voodoo
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 0:08

@MP5 wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:one technical nitpick though: The Glock series of pistols are actually fairly simple compared to most guns (to the best of my understanding) and famously don't have an external safety (except on some regional variants). It's all internal and automatic, and a double action revolver doesn't need you to cock the hammer the first time round either... though doing so lightens the trigger and makes it easier to hit stuff. Some of the gun-people around here could probably explain it all better or correct me where needs be.
What Alfisti said is spot-on. External safeties and such are more at home on 'traditional' automatics like an M1911 or an M9.
Damn...I just knew someone would find a flaw in what I thought was pretty solid research. Should be pretty easy to edit around that stuff. As you can probably tell, firearms are not exactly my area of expertise. Maybe I should just stick to dive gear.

Nicolo: Wait...you're not actually suggesting I dive...underwater in the next chapter? Aren't there sharks down there?

Marisa: There sure are! Big awesome ones with gnarly teeth!

Nicolo: (faints)

You're safe Nicco...Patchwork will take place 100% on dry land.
@Alfisti wrote:Agapita may have something to say about Dario calling revolver-touting-handlers "weird" though.
I haven't forgotten Avise's Webly...but Mancini had his big scene earlier in the chapter (he even got to wear his hat), bringing him up again in different context for a later scene felt a little awkward.
Chaoskin wrote:Jacob: You're welcome to borrow Melanie's rucksack for the afternoon.
Melanie: Hell, you can keep that thing for the whole month if you'd like...I won't mind!
@ElfenMagix wrote:As Fernando would say about the cafeteria, "God bless the mess."
Then it's a good thing Avise was there to break them up instead of a certain CIA liason...

(cyborg fight breaks out in the dining hall)

Henrietta: Mr. Fernando...come quick...Triela & Dario are fighting!

Fernando: Hell yeah! FOOD FIGHT! (tosses his ravioli on 'Etta)

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 0:51

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Damn...I just knew someone would find a flaw in what I thought was pretty solid research. Should be pretty easy to edit around that stuff. As you can probably tell, firearms are not exactly my area of expertise. Maybe I should just stick to dive gear.
Don't worry, you can poke holes all through my dive scenes next week.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 13:52

Alfisti wrote:Agapita may have something to say about Dario calling revolver-touting-handlers "weird" though.

I haven't forgotten Avise's Webly...but Mancini had his big scene earlier in the chapter (he even got to wear his hat), bringing him up again in different context for a later scene felt a little awkward.

Well, everyone else thinks that Avise's revolver is pretty weird, too - Jean in particular has urged him to put the antique back in the display case and pick up a 'proper' handgun since he was a Prospect. Also, let's be honest - Avise's use of the Webley is quite wilfully self-indulgent (he has to import ammunition from India, for heaven's sake); he wields it because he likes it, not because it's demonstrably superior. Niccolo's reasoned and logically-consistent decision for selecting a revolver for himself stands out as a better-developed and more sophisticated contrast.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 17:28

@Robert Frazer wrote:Niccolo's reasoned and logically-consistent decision for selecting a revolver for himself stands out as a better-developed and more sophisticated contrast.
Nicolo: Reasoned and logically-consistent...I like the sound of that.

Dario: (rolling her eyes) Sir, everyone knows the only reason you chose a revolver was that you could never remember if you'd chambered a round or not in the automatic.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 21 Jul 2011 - 20:02

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:As Fernando would say about the cafeteria, "God bless the mess."
Then it's a good thing Avise was there to break them up instead of a certain CIA liason...

(cyborg fight breaks out in the dining hall)

Henrietta: Mr. Fernando...come quick...Triela & Dario are fighting!

Fernando: Hell yeah! FOOD FIGHT! (tosses his ravioli on 'Etta)
Evil

But Fernando knows when to be an adult and when to be one with the cyborgs.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 24 Jul 2011 - 3:18

Ok, thoughts on CH06

Besides, have you ever shot up a row of toilets while you're drunk? Fucking hilarious."
Odd urge to try that... unfortuately I don't have the government credentials to keep me out of gaol afterwards.

"I was at the armoury when Dario dropped by to turn in the revolver" Jacob informed him.
I've got to admit a certain level of dubiousness over the idea of Cyborgs being allowed into the armory without their handler present, unless the cyborg in question was considered particularly responsible. That said, I guess with Dario's handler not being firearm trained and stuck in meetings it probably makes sense for her to do it herself.

Dario stood up and flipped her tray, covering the Senior Cyborg in spaghetti & marinara sauce.
Triela seems to be getting that a bit lately. Maybe she should just go all Lady Gaga and have a dress made out of it.

Satisfied that his work was complete for the time being Mancini walked
to the buffet line, poured himself a cup of coffee from the carafe and
strode out of the dining hall, leaving silence in his wake.
I bet Avise just loved every single moment of that. Would have made his day.

"Absolutely not!" replied Avise, snapping his heels together and exiting the office with perfect military bearing & panache.
Any chance he gets right?

his errand charges
errant?

There's no question, Triela is top cyborg. She's the best at nearly
everything and even if she isn't the absolute best she's close to it. I
just get tired of that sometimes...being compared to her by the adults,
the other cyborgs won't even consider an idea until they've asked her
opinion.
I wouldn't be suprised actually if there wasn't a bit of resentment toward Triela... probably moreso from the Gen2 girls who are physically, and assumedly to some extent, mentally older. Taking orders from someone who looks younger could definately rub some karmas up the wrong way.

"Wait..." he interrupted "...you mean things about your handler? Me?" Sheepishly she nodded,
Something tells me Dario really didn't want to admit to that.

fairly busy with both Section One and Section Two members
Some of whom I imagine will be keeping a careful half an eye on the Nicco/Dario fratello...

He would have preferred to start with the book.
Because he perfers books, or because he want's a way to procrastinate... or a bit of both?

For the first time he heard a few giggles from the adjacent lanes and was aware that he was being watched
...ok maybe everyone would just be watching for potential entertainment value.

"Because it carries eight rounds instead of only six" groaned the girl, "you might need those extra two."
Snap. On Dario's earlier logic though, part of me wonders why the Armoury would have a range of revolvers in the first place.

He might be a weirdo she thought, but he's my weirdo.
Really though: is there actually anyone "normal" at the SWA? To echo Elfen's earlier comment, I think to some extent every cyborg probably thinks this way to some extent or another.

Another great, fun chapter mate. Looking forward to the next.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down