Creation of a new OC

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 21:36

I don't care about the girls underwear. You can not see it... I'm more focused on the clothes you can see.

A nice little picture I found on danbooru:
Translation from right to left: Auu... Tissue....tissue..
Possibly Emilie who got a hit on the nose.
Maybe by Jean cause she was talking with him about acceptance as a human again... for the 700th time....
Watch your back, Jean. Someday you will get the bill!

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 2:02

@schaschanist wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Just make sure she's wearing clean underwear that day!
I'm not sure if Emilie would wear leggings... perhaps 'bike-shorts'...
Okay, critique to this picture: I say absolutely NOBODY would wear grey slips/panties above black leggings!!! Or slips/panties above leggings in general!
In dark or black stockings, white panties can be seen underneath, appearing to be grey.

Girls dont wear leggings/stockings/pantyhose under their panties but over them. Thus the colour of the panties change with the colour of the leggings/stockings/pantyhose.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 2:12

@ElfenMagix wrote:Girls dont wear leggings/stockings/pantyhose under their panties but over them.
Maybe that picture just goes to show how sheltered the Agency girls really are.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 5:26

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:Would you say a Cyborg like Emilie is very suitable, not to say professionalized, for bodyguarding?
Henrietta, Petrushka and Triela have all served in that role in canon.

A recent chapter of Pactio had Kara helping guard the PM (and saving his life from a sniper).
Honestly I think body guard duty sort of comes with the territory of being a cyborg. The way I see it there's a set of core roles that every cyborg has to be able to fill, be they snipers like Kara and Melanie, divers like Marisa, knife fighters like Emi, espionage experts like Monty or whatever. So body guard duty, general combat and so on. Some are obviously going to be better at those core roles than others, same way an accountant in the army isn't gonig to be as good of a front-line fighter as a professional special forces badass, but they still need to be able to fill that role all the same if called on to undertake it. You get the picture.

As for the panty discussion, I don't think I've got anything to add.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 5:36

Lets stop the discussion about underwear, this goes too far.
I don't talk about that more in this thread, it's more something for the outfits-area.

Again, I don't care about the underwear. I have my focus on the clothes you can see, so the general fashion and clothes.

To sum up, Emilie is a quiet, well behaved, polite and observant girl, trained for close combat and specialized in martial arts and knife-fighting.
Workfields are personal defense/protection/bodyguarding, observation, espionage and ambushes.
Have I forgotten something?

I just want to sum up to get the kinds of missions in which I can send Emilie and Etienne.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 1 Mar 2011 - 16:35

Hey Folks,

I thought about the things some of you told me days ago in the Chatbox. ElfenMagix gave me the advise to think about my story and some of the facts about my OC.
And now i had thought about one, i think very important, point:
Emilie's Conditioning and the reason why she is how she is.

Emilie is receiving a new conditioning which is tested on her. They tried to solve the problem and the issue of memory malfunction but nobody knows about the lacks and side-effects of this new one.
For the first time it worked well, all memories from the past life are away forever, (of course, skills, behavior, languages and that stuff is still there), and she was a 'normal' Cyborg.
Then on a mission something happened, an explosion. Emilie was injured heavily after this explosion (the explosion had thrown her through a complete room and both arms and a leg were ruined) and she needed a large repair and a huge amount of the conditioning. But then something went wrong, they used too much and as a side-effect that caused Emilie's 'mind-change'. She started to think of her own, to doubt about and to feel uncomfortable with herself. The doctors, mostly Dr. Bianchi, decided to watch Emilie's behavior and developing, to see what will happen and if it's solving by itself, they let Emilie be 'herself' in a given area.
But the don't considered how much they are torturing her with that. Emilie doesn't feel comfortable with herself and her body, tries to accept what she is but it doesn't work well and so she's experiencing every single day a roller coaster of emotions, she sometimes wants to kill herself to end her pains, she sometimes wishes that all never had been happened to her and sometimes she just accepts all. Then she often has horrible nightmares, can not sleep for nights, suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night or often cries alot till she fall asleep.
So Emilie does have a lot of emotional stress and everything is grinding on her really hard (about 50% of her time) and suffers alot from that, but it's caused as a lack and side-effect of the conditioning (and not just for fun).
The agency still sends her on missions with Etienne cause she does everything they told her to do. She doesn't like her work very well but she tries everything to do her work as good as possible (and she uses the missions to get her mind off to other thoughts as well).

I think this is a plausible explanation of the whole thing and will work.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 8:27

@schaschanist wrote:Hey Folks,

I thought about the things some of you told me days ago in the Chatbox. ElfenMagix gave me the advise to think about my story and some of the facts about my OC.
And now i had thought about one, i think very important, point:
Emilie's Conditioning and the reason why she is how she is.

Emilie is receiving a new conditioning which is tested on her. They tried to solve the problem and the issue of memory malfunction but nobody knows about the lacks and side-effects of this new one.
For the first time it worked well, all memories from the past life are away forever, (of course, skills, behavior, languages and that stuff is still there), and she was a 'normal' Cyborg.
Then on a mission something happened, an explosion. Emilie was injured heavily after this explosion (the explosion had thrown her through a complete room and both arms and a leg were ruined) and she needed a large repair and a huge amount of the conditioning. But then something went wrong, they used too much and as a side-effect that caused Emilie's 'mind-change'. She started to think of her own, to doubt about and to feel uncomfortable with herself. The doctors, mostly Dr. Bianchi, decided to watch Emilie's behavior and developing, to see what will happen and if it's solving by itself, they let Emilie be 'herself' in a given area.
But the don't considered how much they are torturing her with that. Emilie doesn't feel comfortable with herself and her body, tries to accept what she is but it doesn't work well and so she's experiencing every single day a roller coaster of emotions, she sometimes wants to kill herself to end her pains, she sometimes wishes that all never had been happened to her and sometimes she just accepts all. Then she often has horrible nightmares, can not sleep for nights, suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night or often cries alot till she fall asleep.
So Emilie does have a lot of emotional stress and everything is grinding on her really hard (about 50% of her time) and suffers alot from that, but it's caused as a lack and side-effect of the conditioning (and not just for fun).
The agency still sends her on missions with Etienne cause she does everything they told her to do. She doesn't like her work very well but she tries everything to do her work as good as possible (and she uses the missions to get her mind off to other thoughts as well).

I think this is a plausible explanation of the whole thing and will work.
Something to add.
The doctors ordered Etienne to take good care of Emilie and her Emotions and to try to control them. (It's a bit needless to say that he already is taking very good care of his 'daughter', for him she is the only thing he really loves.)
Emilie on her side is ordered to give report about her Emotions and her emotional developing, so she often talks with Dr. Bianchi. (It's also part to decide whether she is still capable for work or not).

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 17:41

In fact that Emilie is more and more scared by herself Etienne decided to give his 'daughter' a stuffed animal, to comfort her for the case that he's not available and so he bought this:

He gave this penguin the name 'Tux' (after the linux mascot).
Etienne entered the room of his cyborg. Emilie was lying on her bed and staring sadly at the ceiling above her but sat up as she noticed her handler.
He gave her a 15cm tall stuffed penguin. "Here Emilie, this is 'Tux'. He is there for you if I'm not available to comfort your sorrows."
Emilie looked skeptically on the small penguin.
He lifted an eyebrow. "You don't like it?"
Emilie still looking on the penguin. "I do like it. But..." She thought a second. "Don't you think I'm a bit too old for a stuffed animal?"
He tried to explain. "I thought it would be a nice present to brighten you up a bit." Then he began to grin. "And no, you're never too old for such sweet presents, Emi."

And cause Etienne is ordered to take good care of his girl and her emotions he decided to take her and go outside time by time, to bring her mind off to other thoughts. (Going to the beach, visit museums, visit concerts, etc. and they even spend one of their vacations in Emilie's hometown Bruges in Belgium).

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:16; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 1:01

A penguin! Let us hope Jean or Giuse do not take it to the movies!

It's a good choice for her...a little strange but unique. The SWA dorm seems to have enough stuffed animals to start a small zoo. Triela has her famous bear collection of course. Henrietta has at least one of her own, shown in Chapter 8...

As for OC's, I know Kara has a life-sized stuffed Collie (dog) and Allison a cartoon mouse that her cyborg boyfriend Jay won for her at a carnival.

My Marisa...
Spoiler:

This should surprise no one.

Last edited by Professor Voodoo on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 2:01; edited 1 time in total

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 1:54

Rachel: A real animal is better than a stuffed toy.
Meeshie: Meeereeerrow...! (Translated: I need to use the litter box!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 2:43

While I can't see Melanie being into stuffed animals and I can't think up anything appropriate for Lucretia, Nine does have a yellow rabbit plushie that is very special to her.
Spoiler:
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 2:54

@ChaosKin640 wrote:While I can't see Melanie being into stuffed animals
If Jacob ever does give Melanie a stuffed animal he should hide it in her 120lb rucksack, make her run 40 laps then tell her to "Open it up."

Jacob: Happy 3-months since activation anniversary.

Melanie: You are a sick, sick man.
Nina does have a yellow rabbit plushie that is very special to her.
HTF's...epic win, Chaos.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 2:55

I think Lucretia would be a fan of the Entrails Animals line of plushies from the anime Kämpfer.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 4:49

Funny, i originally thought about to give her that:
Spoiler:
This is my own stuffed shark, it's about 13 or 14 years old and named "Haichen"...unfortunatly it's today a bit dirty and used
But then i thought "Nah, she needs something cute as a opposite to her usually matured personality". Then i saw the penguins of madagascar in TV and decided 'Tux' cause i'm a linux-user.

I think this is one of the very few things you can see when you enter her room.
Her room is very tidy, and may appears a bit empty. Her guns (in their cases) are in the wardrobe (a really big one for her many clothes), her knives are in a drawer in the cupboard so everything is stuffed somewhere.
The only other things in her room are her bed, a desk with two chairs, a bookshelf, the cupboard and the wardrobe and this little penguin lying on the bed.

Last edited by schaschanist on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 7:51; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 7:30

I think Lucretia would be a fan of the Entrails Animals line of plushies from the anime Kämpfer.
Hmm...I think those are still more up Nina's alley than Lucy's I'm afraid. But, her being a hardcore gamer, I did manage to find the perfect stuffed animal for her.

Okay, so maybe its not exactly an animal, but it definately suits Lucy perfectly. Of course, if you want to insist upon a stuffed animal, then I suppose this will do:

For those not in the know, this second plushie is of a Hydralisk, from the Starcraft RTS game franchise. (which is probably Lucy's favorite game of all time)
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 8:11

A plushie cube... Are you Serious???

And the second one. I don't what that should be, but it looks like it has some swords in his/her/it's hands.

Well, i think with a look on her usually matured personality she don't want plushies (she said it's a bit too childish for her) but accepts 'Tux' as a nice and friendly gift and nestle or cling the penguin when she has a bad dream or horrible nightmare again.
Maybe a little influence by Triela, perhaps. Razz

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 17:20

Nothing beats the knife weilding Bun Bun!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 19:35

@ChaosKin640 wrote:

Okay, so maybe its not exactly an animal, but it definately suits Lucy perfectly. Of course, if you want to insist upon a stuffed animal, then I suppose this will do:

For those not in the know, this second plushie is of a Hydralisk, from the Starcraft RTS game franchise. (which is probably Lucy's favorite game of all time)

And now I have images of the cutest Zerg Rush ever in my head.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 20:07

Shit, they made a Hydralisk plushie?

brb eBay

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 22:31

And now I have images of the cutest Zerg Rush ever in my head.
We've got plushie hydralisk pushes and now, plushie baneling busts too!

Shit, they made a Hydralisk plushie?

There's a bunch of them, Nacht. There's also plushie Protoss probes and reavers. Most of them, however, are one off fan creations. So getting one for yourself is, sadly, unlikely. I for one would love a hydralisk plushie.

ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 22:43

Man if Kara comes across those at night in shadow, she's gonna freak.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 22:55

But the Reaver is sooo cute! How can you not love that cuddly little thing?
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 4:27

To go back to topic.
I'm actually tryng to write the chapter where everythings, this about the explosion.

But I'm stucking a bit. I have the explosion and her repairing. I thought the first thing she said after she woke up from the medicamentation is 'I don't want to be a cyborg' by crying loudly. The docs have watched this from the other side of the one-way-mirror and were wondering if this is a lack or side-effect of the new conditioning. Dr. Bianchi said 'Possible. I will watch this.'
Then i thought this night Emilie has the first nightmare ever since she is at the agency and the next day (perhaps in the morning) Dr. Bianchi wants to talk with Emilie about her emotions and twisting mind.
He gave the little, frightened by these new feelings, cyborg-girl the advise (not to say order) to give reports about her feelings, thoughts and emotions.
And so in the next days she was suspended to watch her emotional developing and to decide if she's still capable for work.
At the same time Etienne had a conversation with Chief Lorenzo and he ordered the belgian handler to take care of his girl and her emotions. (He hopes to avoid that she possibly could go mad some time in the future.)

That is what i have thought but I'm stucking a bit with writing the scene in the medical station.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 4:34

When I'm stuck on a section sometimes I will mark that part with a row of X'es
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
then pick up writing past that point. Later, after I've had some time to think and let the story develop I go back and work on that problem scene again.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 5:03

I write my story analog on paper, a row of X's s a bit bad there.
But what do you think about my ideas? Sounds partly good?
This is what I thought about how everyting started with her mind, emotions and the reactions of others about that.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 8:15

I would say that 'overdose' of the conditioning broke something in her brain and caused that mind-change and she doesn't really know what's going on with her.
That little black-haired Cyborg suffers alot from her twisting emotions, these (more and more often appearing) horrible nightmares and endlessly sleepless nights and it's grinding hard on her.
She tries everything to get her Emotions and her Mind under control and to live with it, with alot of help by Etienne or her cyborg sisters, but it doesn't work very well.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 17:16

@schaschanist wrote:I would say that 'overdose' of the conditioning broke something in her brain and caused that mind-change and she doesn't really know what's going on with her.
That little black-haired Cyborg suffers alot from her twisting emotions, these (more and more often appearing) horrible nightmares and endlessly sleepless nights and it's grinding hard on her.
She tries everything to get her Emotions and her Mind under control and to live with it, with alot of help by Etienne or her cyborg sisters, but it doesn't work very well.
An Overdose of Conditioning Medication would not break her brain as you would describe here. Only reprogramming would do that, as it happened to Angie and in the OC World- Francesca. In Angie's case she forgot everything and had to be retrained. Francesca became a Ditz.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 17:41

@ElfenMagix wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:I would say that 'overdose' of the conditioning broke something in her brain and caused that mind-change and she doesn't really know what's going on with her.
An Overdose of Conditioning Medication would not break her brain as you would describe here. Only reprogramming would do that, as it happened to Angie and in the OC World- Francesca. In Angie's case she forgot everything and had to be retrained. Francesca became a Ditz.
But i thought this call it 'overdose' of the new conditioning caused her mind-change, twisting emotions and weird sleep-behavior (horrible nightmares, sleepless nights, ...).
It would explain that plausibly, a side-effect/lack of the medication.
And i would go so far to say they want to watch this for research (not to mention how they are torturing the little black-haired cyborg with this).
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 21:13

I had a little conversation with Alfisti this morning about my concept.
He showed me some interesting aspects that I will use for my story.

I thought instead of recondition, reprogramming and rebooting her (to end the appeared issues) the doctors decided to let Emilie be 'herself' with all the stuff what is grinding on her really hard to watch this and use the data for research.
Most of them really ignores mostly how much that all tortures the little black-haired cyborg-girl and how much she really suffers from her problems but Dr. Bianchi is one of the few who tries to find out whats wrong in her .
So he orders Emilie to give reports and to talk with him about her emotions and nightmares.
(It's also a little bit to decide if it's making her incapable for work)

The first time is something really hard for Emilie cause she does not know whats going on with her and what these emotions are, she never felt them ever before or never had nightmares since she became a cyborg. But it becomes more harder for her by passing time cause she suffers more and more from her twisting emotions and weird sleep-behavior and sometimes drifts away into deep thoughts and is occasionally absentminded.
Emilie tries everything to live with her personality and to get her emotions under control.
Most of cyborg-girls, especially the other 1st gens, try their best to help their belgian sister or to comfort her when she draws back again to cry or be alone. They don't want to see her in that bad condition.
Etienne on his side is ordered by Dr. Bianchi to take care of his cyborg and her emotions but Etienne already treats Emilie like a daughter.
In fact of this order he takes her outside more often to get her mind off to other thoughts for example by visiting museums, concerts, cafés or with a trip to her hometown Bruges in Belgium,
He noticed the change in his cyborg from the beginning but instead of being shocked and skeptical now he feels a bit guilty but understands his girl and tries to help her as best as possible.

The twisting emotions, horrible nightmares, sleepless nights, the absentmindedness and the try to live with this, these are the problems she has to deal with.
So it's not that bright and pink, always happy life some thought I would be at the beginning of to create Emilie.
Beside, my focus is absolutely on Emilie and Etienne, their relationship, how she really suffers from her twisting emotions, these horrible nightmares and sleepless nights, her occasionally absentmindedness and how she tries to live with her personality.
It's now a very serious, emotional and personal focus on the whole thing.

Last edited by schaschanist on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 17:36

A cyborg's life is never easy. Not even Claes has it easy in the SWA. The problems here is people thinking that Programming and Conditioning are the same thing. It is not.

Programming is what a cyborg initially goes through as part of her brainwashing so several things happen:
-Her brain and cybernetics can work together with flaws or effort.
-She gets an education in at least speaking Italian. This educaton has been upgraded in the Second Gen units to include weapons, fighting skills and assosrted knowledge which the first gens had to learn on their own through their handlers.
-She wakes up to learn who her handler is by impression (something brids do when they are hatched- the first living thing they see they attach themselves too thinking its their mother/father.) This is very true with the first gens, not always so with the second gen.
-Emotions associated with killing do not become negative.

Conditioning is what a cyborg gets through its medication so that:
-It learns further in what it needs to fufill the handler's request.
-Maintains Brain/Cybernetics connection going and not have issues with Phantom Limb Syndrome. It also maintains the cyborg's ability to be able to pick something up without breaking it.
-It reinforces the bond between cyborg and handler. It constantly reminds the cyborg that the handler is to be protected at all costs, even to its own demise and that the handler can do no wrong. Any abuse accepted by the handler is accepted as 'conditioning.' Of course, this is where Elsa failed.
-It reinforces positive feelings and emotions for doing a good job... of killing the enemy.

There is more, but these are just the basics.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 18:29

@ChaosKin640 wrote:But the Reaver is sooo cute! How can you not love that cuddly little thing?

By remembering the constant suicide shuttle drops where two Reavers would level a quarter of your base before you could pull them down, or cringing at the folly of your ground assault when that shimmering blue ball ends its slow journey amid a pile of carnage and screams that was just a moment before a block of Marines.

....nah, you're right. That thing is absolutely too cute to bear a grudge against!

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 17:46

At the moment I'm thinking about Emilie's horrible nightmares.

I think in a later chapter, after this explosion, I will have a closer focus on one of her nightmares or her nightmares at all or in general on her weird sleep-behavior and the effects on Emilie.

In some nights she wakes up from these nightmares loudly screaming, in other she lies in her bed staring at the ceiling above her and can not fall into sleep, in some other nights she cries till she fall asleep.
I don't see that there is anything from her past life in her dreams, they are just horrible, scary and shocking nightmares, often with herself in various situations or places and really bad and scary things happens to her, that are making the little cyborg Emilie totally frightened and scared.
I already have imagined one of these nightmares:
Emilie was in the hospital in an operating room with an open chest and open ribcage, looked absolutely terrified and frightened on her exposed, beating artificial heart. The doctors launched an autopsy on her and they began to dissect and to disassemble her body. She screamed loudly lying motionless on the table but the doctors ignored the screams of the terrified cyborg-girl and continued with the disassembling.
Then Emilie woke up in cold sweat loudly screaming in her bed.

She doesn't know what going on with her but it's grinding more and more on her and she starts to drift more often away into deep thoughts or begins to cries.
Etienne and the other girls try everything to get her mind back but i thought the only thing that really gets her mind back is ironically the work, where she only concentrates her mind on fighting and killing.
Some are saying that Emilie appears on missions like completely replaced.
But in her freetime she very often needs someone or something to get her mind back.

This is what I thought, one constant focus on her change, one constant focus on the effects on her and another constant focus on her try to solve and to live with these problems.

Last edited by schaschanist on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 18:10; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 18:09

@schaschanist wrote:At the moment I'm thinking about Emilie's horrible nightmares.

I think in a later chapter, after this explosion, I will have a closer focus on one of her nightmares or her nightmares at all or in general on her weird sleep-behavior and the effects on Emilie.

In some nights she wakes up from these nightmares loudly screaming, in other she lies in her bed staring at the ceiling above her and can not fall into sleep, in some other nights she cries till she fall asleep.
I dont see that there is anything from her past life in her dreams, they are just horrible, scary and shocking nightmares, often with herself in various situations or places and really bad and scary things happens to her, that are making the little cyborg Emilie totally frightened and scared.
She doesn't know what going on with her but it's grinding more and more on her and she starts to drift more often away into deep thoughts or begins to cries.
Etienne and the other girls try everything to get her mind back but i thought the only thing that really gets her mind back is ironically the work, where she only concentrates her mind on fighting and killing.
But in her freetime she very often needs someone or something to get her mind back.

This is what I thought, one constant focus on her change, one constant focus on the effects on her and another constant focus on her try to solve and to live with these problems.

Sounds like you are pushing her to the Lunatic Fringe. An interesting proposition at best. An interesting lab explosion at worst.

Nightmares depends on her past life and what she been through, especially the event that pushed her into the SWA to make her a cyborg.

Case in point:
Rachel - Before Fernando found her, she had been raped several times and ganged raped a couple of times by various negative elements of the city (gangs and her mother drug using pals). Thus her views on Love and Sex are very skewed, but thats besides the point. She is a naturally normal girl, under the circumstances, but sometimes... the nightmares she gets of of her getting attacked and raped. The worse one of her nightmares is a combination of a gang rape and Henrietta shooting her- the event that made her into a cyborg. Though Fernando has trained her to beat her nightmares through lucid dreaming, she is not a lucid dreamer like her 'daddy' is. She maybe able to fight her way out of an attack in her dreams but not all of them. Fernando is still working on it with her. But as it is now, through a lot of hard work and training, she has been able to accept who she is and not what she is (a rape victim). As a cyborg, she has learned that with her power, she can not be attacked anymore, so it does help to some extent. But Rachel is still a girl (13 in Solution's Resolution and 16 in UN Resolution), and as such she has a long way to maturity and adulthood.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 19:09

@ElfenMagix wrote:Sounds like you are pushing her to the Lunatic Fringe. An interesting proposition at best. An interesting lab explosion at worst.

Nightmares depends on her past life and what she been through, especially the event that pushed her into the SWA to make her a cyborg.

Case in point:
Rachel - Before Fernando found her, she had been raped several times and ganged raped a couple of times by various negative elements of the city (gangs and her mother drug using pals). Thus her views on Love and Sex are very skewed, but thats besides the point. She is a naturally normal girl, under the circumstances, but sometimes... the nightmares she gets of of her getting attacked and raped. The worse one of her nightmares is a combination of a gang rape and Henrietta shooting her- the event that made her into a cyborg. Though Fernando has trained her to beat her nightmares through lucid dreaming, she is not a lucid dreamer like her 'daddy' is. She maybe able to fight her way out of an attack in her dreams but not all of them. Fernando is still working on it with her. But as it is now, through a lot of hard work and training, she has been able to accept who she is and not what she is (a rape victim). As a cyborg, she has learned that with her power, she can not be attacked anymore, so it does help to some extent. But Rachel is still a girl (13 in Solution's Resolution and 16 in UN Resolution), and as such she has a long way to maturity and adulthood.
Nightmares often have nothing to do with things you have experienced and they are often senseless with no connection to you.
They are just a thing your brain does to handle things you have done and the rest is freely imagined by your brain.

But in that case:
Emilie was in the hospital in an operating room with an open chest and open ribcage, looked absolutely terrified and frightened on her exposed, beating artificial heart. The doctors launched an autopsy on her and they began to dissect and to disassemble her body. She screamed loudly lying motionless on the table but the doctors ignored the screams of the terrified cyborg-girl and continued with the disassembling.
This explosion I'm always talking about was a trap by padanians. Emilie protected Etienne but was injured heavily by this bomb and were thrown through the room by the detonation. She laid at the ground and can't move, her arms and a leg were ruined and out of function. The conditioning made it even more worse cause it introduced her mind-change and these nightmares. From that on she really scares to lie somewhere without the ability to move her body and it had become part of each of her nightmares.
In the case of the nightmare above she additionally thought the day before about herself and what she is, a mostly artificial cyborg. (And you can imagine the rest...)
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 9 Mar 2011 - 10:23

@ElfenMagix wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:...
...Though Fernando has trained her to beat her nightmares through lucid dreaming, she is not a lucid dreamer like her 'daddy' is. She maybe able to fight her way out of an attack in her dreams but not all of them. Fernando is still working on it with her. But as it is now, through a lot of hard work and training, she has been able to accept who she is and not what she is (a rape victim). ...
Interesting Point, Elfen.

I wrote that only work seems to help her, where she concentrates only on fighting and killing.
After i read your post, I would say it's a good thing that Etienne helps her to train and fight to avoid these nightmares.
And also Dr. Bianchi said 'Give her something to concentrate on, it seem to help her alot.'. So he gave Etienne the advise for a 'occupational therapy' for Emi.
But Etienne starts to make his own plans, he decided to take her outside to spend time together and to get her into talks to get her mind off to other thoughts.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 12 Mar 2011 - 20:06

I was a bit bored yesterday and started to draw a new picture of Emilie before i had to left (for some personal things).
Today i spend the entire day to go on working on the picture and the color concept.

And this is the finished result :
(Hope she still appears like a 13 or 14 years old teen.)

It shows Emilie (on one of her better days) in a autumn-outfit, with a coat, with boots, a little bit longer skirt... and a scarf with her own tartan-design.
The boots are like tactical boots (leather-made with long laces) and I thought they could have a build-in steel cap to underline her specialization on martial arts.
The gun is of course a FN FiveSeven (hey, she's Belgian) with attached silencer and flashlight to underline her covert work.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:24; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 12 Mar 2011 - 22:28

Tall boots? You just won Kiskaloo's heart.

Another excellent drawing, Schaschanist. As I mentioned to Tremec yesterday, bending her left arm and putting that hand in her pocket might make Emi look a bit more loose & natural.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 12 Mar 2011 - 22:34

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Another excellent drawing, Schaschanist. As I mentioned to Tremec yesterday, bending her left arm and putting that hand in her pocket might make Emi look a bit more loose & natural.
Not to mention it's one less hand you have to draw.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 12 Mar 2011 - 22:37

I Always have my problems with drawing hands but maybe I try that in the next days.

A Hand in the pocket of her coat. Ccool, she's getting more and more awesome. Good
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 12 Mar 2011 - 23:47

@schaschanist wrote:I Always have my problems with drawing hands
Agreed...hands are one of the most difficult things to get right.

Any chance we'll see a drawing of Etienne?

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 0:26

Well, i really have no real concept of his look and appearance in my mind.

But i try to realize his look and to draw him, when or if i sometime have his concept.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 1:45

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Tall boots? You just won Kiskaloo's heart.

Another excellent drawing, Schaschanist. As I mentioned to Tremec yesterday, bending her left arm and putting that hand in her pocket might make Emi look a bit more loose & natural.
You mean like this, right?

Looks alot more 'casual' in Germany we would say 'lässig' (means freely translated something like 'cool').

Did you noticed that Emi has varnished nails? just whistlin'

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:27; edited 2 times in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 4:00

@schaschanist wrote:

Looks alot more 'casual' in Germany we would say 'lässig' (means freely translated something like 'cool').
Nicely done! Another thing that helps me when I draw it thinking about which foot your character is focusing her weight on. Think about how you stand...we humans seldom distribute weight evenly on both feet, we either lean on one foot or the other. The one with less weight on it could be slightly raised, have a bent knee or have its heel up off the ground.

I offer as an example my first Marisa drawing (from last year). She has her weight shifted onto her left leg so the right can go out at a different angle and look more...lässig.

Did you noticed that Emi has varnished nails?
Very cute detail, and totally in keeping with the spirit of Gunslinger Girl. Automatic weapons & teddy bears stuffed penguins...throwing knives & tea parties...gas grenades & nail polish.

Damn, Schas...you're making me want to draw but I left my Wacom tablet at home and I've been away at work these past 4 weeks!

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 9:46

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:

Nicely done! Another thing that helps me when I draw it thinking about which foot your character is focusing her weight on. Think about how you stand...we humans seldom distribute weight evenly on both feet, we either lean on one foot or the other. The one with less weight on it could be slightly raised, have a bent knee or have its heel up off the ground.

Like this?
I know what you mean, I think she already is alot more 'lässig' than before, but now even more. Good
Again, it shows her on a better day, after the explosion where she started to be what she is.

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Did you noticed that Emi has varnished nails?
Very cute detail, and totally in keeping with the spirit of Gunslinger Girl. Automatic weapons & teddy bears stuffed penguins...throwing knives & tea parties...gas grenades & nail polish.
I try to keep her 'girly' in the pictures, not like an army warrior. (She absolutely is not a front-liner against the fact she's a 1st gen, more for defense, personal protection or close combat)
But it's also by Etienne, he always gives his 'daughter' advices or new stuff to let her appear more natural for a girl of her age (important for their covert work).

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Damn, Schas...you're making me want to draw but I left my Wacom tablet at home and I've been away at work these past 4 weeks!
To be honest, i only use gimp, a optical laser mouse by Logitech and a plain white paper as underground for the mouse to do my work.
It took about the entire day, say 12 hours or more, to draw this picture with all of the wasted 120 layers.
I would be happy if I get a Wacom... but it's too expensive for me. bang head

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:31; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 16:33

Nice picture you have. That was great. Is your gun is FN Five-seveN? I could see that picture. What about Heckler & Koch guns?

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 16:54

Master Chief Snake wrote:Nice picture you have. That was great. Is your gun is FN Five-seveN? I could see that picture. What about Heckler & Koch guns?
Yes, a Belgian FN Herstal FiveSeven with attached silencer and flashlight, loaded with SS190 rounds.
It's her standard gun for missions where she has to shoot instead of using her knife/daggers or her bare hands.
She used other guns (FN P90 and B+T MP9) earlier but they are more and more 'dusting in the corner'... she mostly uses this gun and her knives as weapons for missions... (there is simply no need for big or machine guns in covert operations)
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 21:32

Hey Folks,

Finally i found way to connect some of the facts, thoughts, and ideas we discussed in this thread.
Alot of thanks to the latest translated chapters of the Manga (they built and gave me the base for everything Good) .

After a while of only drawing i kicked my ass to start or go on writing with the chapter where some of the discussed parts gears into.
I release the chapter within the next days or at least next week. I'm hoping the best.

But to give a little spoiler for something following:
Spoiler:

This is Maria Luisa, an old character I created years ago as main character for a tragic love story.
Within the next following or another later chapter (to that where I'm actually writing on) i wanted to use her for a Cameo Appearance in a scene with Emilie.
This so far about that. dancin\\'

Now something different.
I already talked about a belgian specialities earlier, something that Emilie really loves. Now i reveal the secret:

These are the famous 'Blegian Chocolate Sea Shell Pralines' by Guylian.

The world-famous 'Belgian Nougat' with Almonds.

Emilie alway buys a full bag of them in the candy shop in the Downtown City of Rome, she is sweet and really love her belgian sweets.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 16:01

Hey folks,

I just finished the newest picture of my OC Emilie: DeviantArt page
Emilie in a summer or spring outfit.
A tight shirt with bows on the sleeve-ends, a dress with a bow, a big belt and Mary-Janes.
The knife in her right hand is the Walther BlackTec, in the left is the SCUBA Diving Knife, her two working knives.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:33; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 20:05

@schaschanist wrote:Emilie in a summer or spring outfit.
Interesting...you'd think her trademark dark colors would not work with a summer outfit but I think you've done a good job.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 20:53

Looks great schas! One niggle: the knives are a bit too dark I think. It takes away some of the detail I remember seeing when it was just an outline. Not sure what you could do about it, maybe change the color to a metallic gray of some kind?

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 3:13

Thanks Voodoo, was a challenge to choose the colors for her.

TPS, both knifes are black like the night, it's their signature look, that is the problem i have to deal with.
With a dark color you can not see the details, but with a lighter color it's not the knife supposed to be.

I tried a lighter tone, a dark grey:

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:37; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 4:54

Turned out well mate....

Regards the lost details on the knife: ever thought of picking them out in a lighter colour rather than black? When drawing Monty's PPK, I tend to use highlights to pick out the details rather than shadow.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 6:15

a picture of both knives:

Top: 'Walther BlackTec'; Bottom: 'SCUBA Diving Knife'

Maybe you can see that it is very tricky and difficult with them, both are 'really black' and you can not see any details when it's darker.
I could try to set a few highlights on the BlackTec, there is a row of rips

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 10:48

I tried to make a few light-reflexes and highlights on the knifes.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 14:07

By the way. I just bought a new knife for myself, but it also will become one of Emilie's knives:
Top to Bottom: Walther BlackTec - MilTec SCUBA Diving Knife - Haller Throwing Knife.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 11:43

I stumbled about a very cute and cool picture in the web.

This picture then had let me thinking about my OC Emilie.

Based on that she already is reading 'Emily the Strange' and also is a quite strange girl I could imagine that Emilie is developing a more and more creepier side.

What do you think, would that fit her?
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ebitempura966 on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 7:57

@schaschanist wrote:Hey folks,

I tried to create my own OC for my own storyline based on GSG.

I actually have her picture and her look done.

(Its based on the Henrietta-picture in my avatar, but changed in several details)

Her Roots (before cyborg):
maybe French or Belgian. (last would fits perfectly to her P90)

Her Handler:
thought of a guy named Giorgio or Francesco (which fits her French/Belgian roots)

Her Weapons:
of course Fabrique National P90 (silenced) and a black diving knife -and maybe a pistol or little revolver-

Combat skills:
covert operations and ambushes/plots. (more stealth combating, with silenced P90 or her knife)

Haircolor:
black or brown (still not sure)

Eyecolor:
green or blue (still not sure)

Skincolor:
pale

But i am still not sure with the name.
I thought about a name like Juliette "Juli" or Emilia "Emi".
But maybe a more belgian name... try to help me i dont know any typical belgian names.

I hope that you can help me with the rest of the Details.
And please, give me comments about this new Character, if you want to.

Don't use p 90, its ettas trademark, use diffrent weapon which ressemble her apperance and aura, my suggestion is pp 19 bizon, its a cool submachine
ebitempura966

Male

Forum Posts : 100

Fan of : henrietta, jose

Original Characters : sasha

Comments : i always wished that i don't love anyone and also wished that nobody loves me(jean croche)

Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 13:36

You're a bit behind, Ebi.
Emi's main weapons are, as you can see in my profile, knives and a suppressed FN FiveSeven.
This fits her belgian origins and her work CQB and covert operations.

I am honest, everything in my story has changed a bit but i simply follow my work-flow now instead of working to concepts i set before writing.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 11:56

I've gotten an idea for a new dress for Emi after i have seen the movie "Professor Layton and the eternal diva" yesterday.
To be exactly it's based on the dress of Janice from Layton the movie:

A knee-length dress in black with a quite deep cutout-back (down to the shoulder blades) and half-length sleeves made of a silky fabric.
But i also thought it would deliver some discussions about the dress by the other girls because they are thinking such a "huge/deep" cutout-back isn't really something for a girl like Emilie.
Cause of her clothing style and general appearance (her pale skin, black hair and blue eyes) in addition to her reserved-timidly and quiet but friendly kind, her excellent manners, her hobbies and her partially strange likings the other girls (mainly Triela) have given her Belgian sister a new nickname: "little Miss Strange" Evil
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum