Creation of a new OC

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 3:13

Thanks Voodoo, was a challenge to choose the colors for her.

TPS, both knifes are black like the night, it's their signature look, that is the problem i have to deal with.
With a dark color you can not see the details, but with a lighter color it's not the knife supposed to be.

I tried a lighter tone, a dark grey:

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:37; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 4:54

Turned out well mate....

Regards the lost details on the knife: ever thought of picking them out in a lighter colour rather than black? When drawing Monty's PPK, I tend to use highlights to pick out the details rather than shadow.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 6:15

a picture of both knives:

Top: 'Walther BlackTec'; Bottom: 'SCUBA Diving Knife'

Maybe you can see that it is very tricky and difficult with them, both are 'really black' and you can not see any details when it's darker.
I could try to set a few highlights on the BlackTec, there is a row of rips

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 10:48

I tried to make a few light-reflexes and highlights on the knifes.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 14:07

By the way. I just bought a new knife for myself, but it also will become one of Emilie's knives:
Top to Bottom: Walther BlackTec - MilTec SCUBA Diving Knife - Haller Throwing Knife.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 11:43

I stumbled about a very cute and cool picture in the web.

This picture then had let me thinking about my OC Emilie.

Based on that she already is reading 'Emily the Strange' and also is a quite strange girl I could imagine that Emilie is developing a more and more creepier side.

What do you think, would that fit her?

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by ebitempura966 on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 7:57

@schaschanist wrote:Hey folks,

I tried to create my own OC for my own storyline based on GSG.

I actually have her picture and her look done.

(Its based on the Henrietta-picture in my avatar, but changed in several details)

Her Roots (before cyborg):
maybe French or Belgian. (last would fits perfectly to her P90)

Her Handler:
thought of a guy named Giorgio or Francesco (which fits her French/Belgian roots)

Her Weapons:
of course Fabrique National P90 (silenced) and a black diving knife -and maybe a pistol or little revolver-

Combat skills:
covert operations and ambushes/plots. (more stealth combating, with silenced P90 or her knife)

Haircolor:
black or brown (still not sure)

Eyecolor:
green or blue (still not sure)

Skincolor:
pale

But i am still not sure with the name.
I thought about a name like Juliette "Juli" or Emilia "Emi".
But maybe a more belgian name... try to help me i dont know any typical belgian names.

I hope that you can help me with the rest of the Details.
And please, give me comments about this new Character, if you want to.

Don't use p 90, its ettas trademark, use diffrent weapon which ressemble her apperance and aura, my suggestion is pp 19 bizon, its a cool submachine

ebitempura966

Forum Posts : 100

Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 13:36

You're a bit behind, Ebi.
Emi's main weapons are, as you can see in my profile, knives and a suppressed FN FiveSeven.
This fits her belgian origins and her work CQB and covert operations.

I am honest, everything in my story has changed a bit but i simply follow my work-flow now instead of working to concepts i set before writing.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 11:56

I've gotten an idea for a new dress for Emi after i have seen the movie "Professor Layton and the eternal diva" yesterday.
To be exactly it's based on the dress of Janice from Layton the movie:

A knee-length dress in black with a quite deep cutout-back (down to the shoulder blades) and half-length sleeves made of a silky fabric.
But i also thought it would deliver some discussions about the dress by the other girls because they are thinking such a "huge/deep" cutout-back isn't really something for a girl like Emilie.
Cause of her clothing style and general appearance (her pale skin, black hair and blue eyes) in addition to her reserved-timidly and quiet but friendly kind, her excellent manners, her hobbies and her partially strange likings the other girls (mainly Triela) have given her Belgian sister a new nickname: "little Miss Strange" Evil

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:40

That certainly would look good on Emilie, Schas. It would help her fit in well at a formal function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 7:31

Yeah, I could see that working on Emilie.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 14:34

I'm thinking about to let Emi go with Etienne to the opera in her new dress or Emilie giving a little concert at the swa compound in this dress.

Since she had singing and piano lessons in her childhood and since she is really an excellent singer and loves to sing i could imagine the usually reserved-timidly Emilie singing for the others or at least for her Père Etienne.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 7:07

@schaschanist wrote:I'm thinking about to let Emi go with Etienne to the opera in her new dress or Emilie giving a little concert at the swa compound in this dress.

Since she had singing and piano lessons in her childhood and since she is really an excellent singer and loves to sing i could imagine the usually reserved-timidly Emilie singing for the others or at least for her Père Etienne.
I'm figuring this idea out a bit more and making maybe a complete chapter of. A chapter for Emi to forget her nightmares for at least one (or two) day(s) and living one dream of her, becoming an opera singer.
I thought that Etienne is forcing usually reserved-timidly and quiet Emi to break out and live her dream, and that he tries to arrange it.

Now the question: at an opera singing for the "masses" (perhaps in a youth singing contest or whatever) or at the swa compound and singing for the staff, cyborgs and handlers?
Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 7:46

@schaschanist wrote:Now the question: at an opera singing for the "masses" (perhaps in a youth singing contest or whatever) or at the swa compound and singing for the staff, cyborgs and handlers?
Suggestion;
Spoiler:
The Prime Minister sponsors a Peace Rally/Musical event, trying to ease some of the angry tensions caused by the North-South divide.

Part of this event is a youth chorus concert, with young singers representing all parts of Italy to demonstate unity. There is a risk of Padania action to disrupt the event so Chief Lorenzo slips one (or more) of his own cyborgs into the chorus. Enter Emilie.

Maybe there is a Padania attack, maybe not...that's up to you as the writer. While working on the assignment Emilie discovers that she enjoys singing (maybe she is shy at the beginning, but learns to open up and enjoy it) and continues practicing even after the mission is over.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 8:05

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:Now the question: at an opera singing for the "masses" (perhaps in a youth singing contest or whatever) or at the swa compound and singing for the staff, cyborgs and handlers?
Suggestion;
Spoiler:
The Prime Minister sponsors a Peace Rally/Musical event, trying to ease some of the angry tensions caused by the North-South divide.

Part of this event is a youth chorus concert, with young singers representing all parts of Italy to demonstate unity. There is a risk of Padania action to disrupt the event so Chief Lorenzo slips one (or more) of his own cyborgs into the chorus. Enter Emilie.

Maybe there is a Padania attack, maybe not...that's up to you as the writer. While working on the assignment Emilie discovers that she enjoys singing (maybe she is shy at the beginning, but learns to open up and enjoy it) and continues practicing even after the mission is over.
That could work quite well.
Spoiler:
I should add at this point that Emilie already sung before, but only for her own. But yeah, maybe she likes it and even the others notice that there is more talent in Emi than supposed.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 15:02

Hey that sounds real good! Cool suggestion Professor Voodoo! I'd read that in a heart beat! Yes Indeed
Emile is cute, talented and D E A D L Y ! head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1975

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 15:45

@tremec6speed wrote:Hey that sounds real good! Cool suggestion Professor Voodoo! I'd read that in a heart beat! Yes Indeed
Emile is cute, talented and D E A D L Y ! head bang
Yeah, Emilie is cute and now imagine her in that black dress with a deep cutout-back and her beret on stage and singing from her deepest heart.
I could imagine that she's singing in french (her favorite mother language).
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 16:44

I can picture that. In fact if Padania were to have younger recruits-in-training (like Pino, he started when he was a child), attending the performance I can see one having a crush on her!
(complicated situation since he might to defect!) Wink Puzzled sweat
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 12:45

Alright, I've spoken with Alfisti and took his advice for the chapter.
Now i have the following:
The Prime Minister is sponsoring a youth talent show or a youth chorus (still have to decide) as Voodoo said. Emilie will have her appearance (in that black dress with deep cutout-back) on stage and perform a sonata.
Now i took Alfisti's advice and added another fratello to the chapter, for backup and the case there possibly could happen something. Decided Triela and Hillshire for that, Triela wouldn't be very conspicuous in her clothes at the opera.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 19:39

IFor those who are interested in what I'm planing or doing at the moment with my story:
I'm working on a chapter, writing down my ideas, sketching down scene or at least playing them in my head.

At the moment I'm writing on a chapter in which I will feature some things:
First thing:
Emilie and Etienne will have a vacation in Brugge, spending some days around Christmas in Emi's hometown.

Second:
I will focus again Emi's nightmares, and show a bit more details about them, or more their general complexity.

Third:
As part of the Chapter i will introduce a new Character, more detailed a new cyborg. It's rough at the moment but her name is Larissa, she has long wavy/curly blond hair and is around 1,42m short (10 or 11 years old??).
Visually i thought she would look a bit like this:
(picture from danbooru)

I twanted to make the new girl an opposite (at least visually) to Emi, brown eyes, blond hair and especially shorter (15cm, im my eyes a huge difference), a quite "ususal and inconspicuous" appearance in comparison to Emi's extremely exotic appearance with her raven black hair, blue eyes, pale skin and black (or red) colored clothes.

That with the Talent show where i wanted to let Emi sing, at the moment i'm considering the position of that event, how it actually looks it would be better after chapter with Larissa.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:44; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 23:17

Cool character Schaschanist, looking forward to getting to know more about Larissa! Good Will she have her own handler, or will Emile have to share?
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 23:28

@schaschanist wrote:Larissa, she has long wavy/curly blond hair and is around 1,42m short (10 or 11 years old??).
Visually i thought she would look a bit like this:
First night after "wake up"...

Larissa: Sir, can I sleep with you tonight?

Handler: No, you have a perfectly good room in the dormitory...you need to sleep there.

Larissa: But...I don't have a room-mate yet and it's dark & lonely...pleeeaasseeee?

Handler: Arrgghh! What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tough guy! I've been in the special forces for 15 years! I'm...I'm...melting! Oh, okay, you can stay just this one night.

Jean: (watching from down the hall) Damn it...they got another one!

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 1:51

One thing is sure, Emi still will have her own room.
But Larissa has a room directly next to Emi's, with the disadvantage of the screams in the night when Emi has nightmares again.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 5:31

@Professor Voodoo wrote:First night after "wake up"...

Handler: No, you have a perfectly good room in the dormitory...you need to sleep there.

Larissa: But...I don't have a room-mate yet and it's dark & lonely...pleeeaasseeee?

Handler: Arrgghh! What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tough guy! I've been in the special forces for 15 years! I'm...I'm...melting! Oh, okay, you can stay just this one night.

The next morning....

Kara: Congratulations Larissa, you've just completed the "Kara Pagani's making your handler do what you want" training introductory unit. Now, onto stage one: making your handler buy you stuff...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 10:29

This will be interesting. Larissa with her room next to Emi's....
Especially Waking up from the screams of her older sister in the nights. Hehehe.
But on the other side, it will be strange or horror for Emi since Larissa is the reason for even more horrible nightmares or in generall discomfort feelings. Why that? There is a special reason behind that, I will explain it later in my story. ^_^
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 19:53

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:First night after "wake up"...

The next morning....

Kara: Congratulations Larissa, you've just completed the "Kara Pagani's making your handler do what you want" training introductory unit. Now, onto stage one: making your handler buy you stuff...
Rachel: Or go into your handler's pants and take his credit card from his wallet inside the pants. Right Kara

Kara (under a growling tone): Shut Up, Rachel...

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 10:33

Right now i don't have any idea for Larissa's handler, how he looks, who he is or which is his name...

And to be honest i don't have any idea for Larissa's origins and background, only how she got to the agency. She's been saved from being tortured and slaughtered on a mission.

Given the fact that i like nicknames and also to shorten names i thought about a nickname for the new girl.
Larissa will be called "Lari" (not Larry! ) for short.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 14:41

So, was writing a bit further on my chapter with Emilie, Etienne and Larissa.

Larissa will stick like glue on Emilie in the first time, trying to build up an relationship to her after their first meeting was.... well.... somehow strange.
On the other side she's really liking Emi, fascinated about her "bigger sister", somebody called it "sisterly affection".

Based on the fact that this chapter will be playing around Christmas, there not will be much action, but again more interaction between characters, especially Larissa and Emilie.
But it's not that easy, they are really two complete different characters.Especially Emi's reactions. Larissa is easy, simply hanging around with Emi and being interested in everything about her (hair, origins, her nightmares. etc.), Emilie
on the other side difficult, distant, discomfort feeling, quiet while trying to
accept Larissa and get these pictures of her before out of her mind.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 18:31

Well, i don't have much time this week to go on with my chapter.
Especially when you have migrain like me, what let me thinking about Emilie again.

I was thinking while i tried to ease my pains.... and ended up in thinking about Emilie again.
I was imagining that Emilie could get headache since Larissa is there, based on her internal conflict (by these pictures of Lari in Emi's head) and her nightmares and sleepless night.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 21:40

@schaschanist wrote:Well, i don't have much time this week to go on with my chapter.
Especially when you have migrain like me, what let me thinking about Emilie again.

I was thinking while i tried to ease my pains.... and ended up in thinking about Emilie again.
I was imagining that Emilie could get headache since Larissa is there, based on her internal conflict (by these pictures of Lari in Emi's head) and her nightmares and sleepless night.

Makes sense... a psychosomatic reaction.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 22:16

@MP5 wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:Well, i don't have much time this week to go on with my chapter.

Doesn't even need to be psychosomatic. Anyone who is missing out on deep, restful sleep on a chronic basis is going to suffer genuine physiological symptoms...intense headaches included.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 22:46

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@MP5 wrote:

Doesn't even need to be psychosomatic. Anyone who is missing out on deep, restful sleep on a chronic basis is going to suffer genuine physiological symptoms...intense headaches included.
Rachel: 18 5-Hour Energy, 24 Red Bulls and 48 Starbuck's Shoe Polish coffees, and 96 hours of non-stop full-alert consciousness, and your brain will short out, shut down and die!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 12:52

I'm a bit busy at the moment and don't find the time or motivation to go on with the chapter with Emilie and Larissa, but here's a nice picture i found on a search through danbooru powered by boredom:
(Maybe showing Emilie how she teaches Larissa something after she finally accepted her.)
Apart of the armband it's a pretty good example how suited Larissa saw Emilie, and i also think this hair style suits Emi quite good beside ponytail or loose hair.

If I finally could find motivation or time Guh? to go on with the chapter, i will write further adventures of "furloughed" Emilie and the "new one" Larissa...
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 21:04

Sounds cool, and looks interesting! cheers
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 15:49

It's a rough idea right now but i'm trying to figure it out, Emilie teaching Larissa some things later when she gets balanced with herself.

On the other hand i found another nice picture:
I like that, looks like Emilie is looking up and asking Etienne with her eyes "Are you abandoning me?" right before Etienne grabs her and embracing his little 'daughter'.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:58; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 15:21

Well, i was strolling through the endless wide of the web and looking for some pictures.

On my journey i stumbled over some nice picture but i found a character that i really love.

It is Mio Akiyama from K-On (which i still haven't seen yet...), and i decided her as the physical model of an older, teen version of Emilie
I think this is what Emilie possibly would had become if she would hasn't been transformed into a cyborg (and if the gas-pipe explosion hadn't happenend).

Mio has some obviously similarities which are making her the ideal choice: pale, blue eyes and of course black hair.
I totally love her appearance. On Cloud 9

Sent some work in editing it an now i have this:

"Teen Emilie"

Not really necessary for my story, but i'm just curious.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 15:53

Mio is awesome, but she's a huge scardey-cat.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 16:21

@Kiskaloo wrote:Mio is awesome, but she's a huge scardey-cat.
So you can easily trick Mio, she an "Angsthase" or "Hasenfuß" like we say in Germany.
But as i said: I haven't seen the Anima or Manga yet.

Mio is awesome and has a gorgeous body, already found some nice bikini pictures of her (but "young" Emilie never would wear a bikini, too shy sweat ).

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 11:25

Well, while i finished and posted my next chapter on sunday and since i still had absolutely no picture or imagination of Etienne, i made thoughts about Etienne and how he would look like.

On my journey through Danbooru then i finally stumbled about one picture of a guy (named Kiritsugu Emiya, from Fate/Zero) i thought about to set as Emilie's handler, and so i would want to present Etienne:

He's nibbling on a chocolate micado stick, i think one of his quirks.

Last edited by schaschanist on Sat 12 May 2012 - 9:50; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 17:39

Etienne looks lost in thought. cool! head bang
The picture of Emile asking if Etinne was abandoning her was nice too.
Expressive eyes. cheers
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 12:01

@tremec6speed wrote:Etienne looks lost in thought. cool! head bang
The picture of Emile asking if Etinne was abandoning her was nice too.
Expressive eyes. cheers
The artists have done a good work there. cheers I just edited them a bit for my work.

At the moment i'm thinking a bit of the history they had together, Emi's childhood and how Etienne fitted in there.
Not really important for the story but i want to define their relationship or at least Etienne's memories, since Emi's mind had been wiped with conditioning.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 17:56

Well, finally I made myself thoughts about their history, since I started to think about Etienne a bit more.

Alright, i already wrote that Etienne knows Emilie since she was a little child, but that only was the half truth, so i want to tell you now the whole story.
@schaschanist wrote:
Etienne and Emilie have had a together history. He knew her since she was a young and sweet little child of about 5 years old.
Emilie always was a friendly, well behaved good little girl, already back then wearing a lot black clothes, but she hadn't really had a happy childhood. The family was rich, she had everything she wanted but Emi got pretty ignored by her parents. They were busy, always away and working day in and day out, and so little Emilie always was alone, played for herself and drew pictures.
But then Etienne tapped into her life, as he visited his old childhood friend and his wife, Etienne's younger sister, who he both hadn't seen for years since he joined the Belgian State Security Service (BSSS).
Emilie was pretty shy and frightful as she first met Etienne, cause for the first ever finally somebody paid attention to this little girl. But very quick she really began to love this man, which paid attention to her, and started to call him "Oom" (dutch for uncle).
And he really was a good uncle for little Emilie, honestly more a father to her than her real father. He often visited his niece, played with her, told her tales when he brought her to bed and spend all his free time with little Emilie. By time he grew father-feelings for this girl and became a pretty family man, even if it was not his own daughter, he felt like she would.

But then, around one and a half year later, the family left Belgium and moved over to Italy. Little Emilie got depressive, cause she lost the uncle she really loved so much and the only one who paid attention to her, and started drawing back. She was a broken girl from that on, became even more quiet and introveted and never showed any feelings to others again anymore.

And also Etienne was sad, losing his niece, which has left indelible memories in his mind.

But they should met again, years later, as Etienne got hired by the social welfare agency. One day, as Etienne was chosen to get a handler for the cyborg program, the gas pipe of Emilie's family house exploded and killed her both parents and left the young girl, meanwhile grown up to a tween girl of close to 13 years, alive like it was fate for them to meet again. Remembering the happy time they had years ago, and tortured by the sight to see her crippled and barely alive, he chose her to become his cyborg in a knee-jerk reaction.
That is the true background Etienne never had told anyone, the reason why he treats his cyborg a like a daughter and why he often really regrets his decision to have chosen her, when he sees how Emilie suffers since that explosion where she protected him by sacrificing herself.
I think this pretty explains alot things, like why Emilie is so damn shy and introverted, or why Etienne treats her so nice and is so endurable with her (read the chapters!).

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 19:30

Well, I think Etienne sometime will tell Emilie about her past, maybe not directly, perhaps more in a narration or a tale he tells her one day to brighten her up.

Ehem, for the last option i wrote a little tale (cause i had problems with editing on computer it is a pic this time).

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 20:34

In addition to post about Emi's past i made some more thoughts.

With the moving to Italy she lost the only person she loved ever and fell down into a deep deep depression. I imagined she broke down and overreacted alot which ended in the try of a suicide. She hurt herself and as a remaining souvenir she had a scar on her wrist... After that she was a broken girl forever and isolated herself, never speaking anymore again about her feelings to others. Say she became pretty EMO.
Maybe thats also why she held a knife at her throat in the latest chapter.
Well, so far about that.

Well, with conditioning that all had been sealed but the overdose after the explosion unbent some parts of her former personality again.

Does that make any sense to you? For me this would be a plausible explanation for everything, WHY she reacts like this and WHERE the fuck it came from.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 3:42

Well it's pretty intense, Schaschanist. She raised her tiny arms and wished with all her might and then the house blew up.
I guess she wished for an end to her suffering. One could say this is a case where the SWA came to the rescue because I wonder how else could Etinne have found the little girl if not through this event. Life sometimes takes interesting turns.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 6:28

Well, between her wish and when it became true (the gaspipe explosion) there are some years... around six to say.

In this time Emilie was a quiet girl, not saying much, being pretty "emo/goth" like...

As for Eitenne and the SWA: Etienne heard of the explosion via the media and after he heard the family name he immediately drove and took her, Emilie, which was barely alife but crippled.
You could say it was luck for both, Etienne who found his Emilie again and Emilie who got a second chance. Coincidence.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 22 Dec 2011 - 16:59

Hey Guys,

the last chapter had been posted. Emilie got conditioned, her crisis had been solved and after conditioning the SWA will get her back into action.

Now there are some question i made myself. Would give the agency her a new role additionally? What role she could get? Which gun would the give her?

For that i paid some of the european gun manufacturers a visit, had a look through their actual programm and picked some of my favorites while imagining what she would get them for.

At first, of course, the Belgian manufacturer Fabrique Nationale (FN Herstal):
My choice there was the belt-feeded small machine gun FN Minimi 5,56 Para, because of the actual widely spreaded use chambered in 5,56x45mm:

Role: supporting on missions in hide and warehouses, giving barrage fire.
Her field experience is not good so they decided to give her an supporting role.

Next was the austrian manufacturer Steyr Mannlicher.
There my choice fell on the sniper rifle Steyr HS .50 M1 chambered in .50BMG.

Role: sniper, supporting team from a roof or far away, taking out light-armored vehicles.
Based on the development of the power plant battle they decided it could be helpfull to have something armor-piercing inside the team.

If you have an idea which gun and which role she could get additionally, please, tell me your thought and reasonings, but don't come with an FN SCAR or Kel-Tec or something, these things are just ugly. Yuck!

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 22 Dec 2011 - 20:10

I have Kara using an AMP subsonic for sniper missions and a Barrett XM500 for fire-support missions.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 15:57

Actually considering "pocket gun for Emilie, as part of her equipment for a mission i'm planing.
I imagined she would get a small pocket gun, maybe chambered in .22 because it is easier to hide on a charity event under/in a formal dress, her larger FiveSeven would be a bit more difficult to hide.
My choice, particular because i found it on the firearms blog via facebook, is that:

Taurus 22 PLY
May appear like a toy but i my opinion best for a chariy event, disguised as a politician's/millionair's daughter in the mass of people.

Do you have other examples or things i could/should consider?

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 22:34

Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 4:46

@Alfisti wrote:Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

The Beretta is similar, especially with the tip-up barrel like the .22 PLY or the former model PT-22.
In my opinion a disadvantage is that the Beretta only has a single-action-only trigger, comparing with the Taurus that has a double-action-only trigger which is alot better in most situations.
By the way, the PLY is also available in .25ACP, may could be a better choice than the .22 or what do you think?

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 5:57

@schaschanist wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

The Beretta is similar, especially with the tip-up barrel like the .22 PLY or the former model PT-22.
In my opinion a disadvantage is that the Beretta only has a single-action-only trigger, comparing with the Taurus that has a double-action-only trigger which is alot better in most situations.
By the way, the PLY is also available in .25ACP, may could be a better choice than the .22 or what do you think?
I'd be tempted to go .25, if only because the round is marginally larger and my understanding is that centrefire rounds tend to be more reliable than rimfire. I'll leave comment on trigger action DAO vs Single Action to those who actually use them Razz My tendency however is to steer my characters away from DAO, but each to their own.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 15:55

@Alfisti wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:

I'd be tempted to go .25, if only because the round is marginally larger and my understanding is that centrefire rounds tend to be more reliable than rimfire. I'll leave comment on trigger action DAO vs Single Action to those who actually use them Razz My tendency however is to steer my characters away from DAO, but each to their own.
Isn't the only difference between SAO and DAO that the Double-action can be shooten cocked and uncocked and the single action only only with a cocked trigger like the old flintlock muskets ?

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 20:01

@schaschanist wrote:Isn't the only difference between SAO and DAO that the Double-action can be shooten cocked and uncocked and the single action only only with a cocked trigger like the old flintlock muskets ?
My understanding is the other way around: Single action (without going into revolvers) are things like your 1911s (guys, anyone?) where you have to rack the slide first time to cock the pistol. Then all the trigger has to do is release the hammer/firing pin to fire a round. From there the action of the slide recoiling recocks the gun. Double Action (double action to single action?) is where the gun doesn't need to be cocked first time, instead pulling the trigger cocks the gun and releases the hammer/firing pin to fire the first shot. From there the recoiling action recocks it for each subsequent shot. Upside is that the first shot (if you don't cock the gun manually) is a long, heavy trigger pull making it harder to fire the gun by accident. Downside is that it's harder to maintain your aim through the firing sequence. On Double Action Only, each trigger pull cocks the hammer and then releases it, so each pull has two actions (cock and release), hence "Double Action" and the slide only serves to cycle a new round into the chamber.

Again, gun people: tell me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 21:08

You got it right Alfisti.

But with the 1911, the pulling of the slide is to advance the first round into the firing chamber from the magazine, as with most semi automatics. The 1910 (the gun that was sent to the US Army for replacement trails of their older weapons, mainly revolvers) was DAO, making it SAO was one of the modifications given to the 1911 as a safety feature so the gun wont fire if dropped. Also adding a few more safety systems to the 1910 makes it a 1911, which the US Military finally accepts into its fold of weapons. It is the sliding of the slider that prepares the gun to be fired in the 1911 and many other SAO guns. If there is a round already loaded in the chamber, can you pull the trigger and fire it on the 1911 and most SAO guns. DAO Guns, the trigger advances the round (somehow) when pulled 1/2 way and fires it when pulled all the way. This works best in revolvers and also adds weight in the trigger pull.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 6:26

Next one I found for concealed carry on a carity event is that:

Beretta 3032 Tomcat.
Maybe a better choice than the Taurus for her on that mission.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 7:24

I like the Tomcat, it was one of the pistols I considered for Monty before settling on her PPK. Having a quick read the only major complaint which seems to get levelled at it is that it's quite wide for what it is, making it more difficult to keep flat against the body than some other offerings in a similar market.

Have you considered something like, say, the Kevin ZP98 (marketed in the US as the Micro Desert Eagle)? They seem to get a pretty good wrap.

It's about the same size as the tomcat, but slimmer and uses a marginally larger .380 round. If you've not already, it's probably worth consulting the pocket gun guide Elfen posted awhile back.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 9:24

@Alfisti wrote:I like the Tomcat, it was one of the pistols I considered for Monty before settling on her PPK. Having a quick read the only major complaint which seems to get levelled at it is that it's quite wide for what it is, making it more difficult to keep flat against the body than some other offerings in a similar market.

Have you considered something like, say, the Kevin ZP98 (marketed in the US as the Micro Desert Eagle)? They seem to get a pretty good wrap.

It's about the same size as the tomcat, but slimmer and uses a marginally larger .380 round. If you've not already, it's probably worth consulting the pocket gun guide Elfen posted awhile back.
Have seen the picture of the guide, but fact is taht i dislike most of these pocket guns, mainly based on the fact they have a rectangular design or looking like antique guns from the 1930's.

I'm looking for something modern, in a rounder shape and a smaler caliber, so 9mm, .40 and .45 is out of question for me. Particularly because a larger caliber means less rounds to fire, i mean, 9 rounds (.22/.25 to .32) is still 3 more to protect or stop than 6 rounds (9mm, .40 and .45).
If i would put the weight on stopping power, then i would use the FiveSeven.

Already had a long discussion last night with Elfen, MP5 and CI about that and somebody came with a two shot, double-barrel micro revolver, but that goes too far.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:53

@schaschanist wrote:Have seen the picture of the guide, but fact is taht i dislike most of these pocket guns, mainly based on the fact they have a rectangular design or looking like antique guns from the 1930's.

I'm looking for something modern, in a rounder shape and a smaler caliber, so 9mm, .40 and .45 is out of question for me. Particularly because a larger caliber means less rounds to fire, i mean, 9 rounds (.22/.25 to .32) is still 3 more to protect or stop than 6 rounds (9mm, .40 and .45).
If i would put the weight on stopping power, then i would use the FiveSeven.
Well, I'd be the last person to tell you not to let aesthetics enter the equation. Razz I guess the reason pocket guns tend to be blocky though is that it's probably more space efficient: sacrificing ergonomics to get the smallest form factor. As to calibers, well: Jethro and Monty use 7.65mm and get away with it... ish. I imagine as with them, you're intending Emi to use this in a primarially defensive rather than offensive role?

In all reality though, having looked at some of the outfits you had suggested for Emi to wear to that charity event: the skirts on all are quite long and voluminous, enough so that she could probably conceal the Five-seveN under there without too much trouble. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down