Creation of a new OC

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 4:46

@Alfisti wrote:Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

The Beretta is similar, especially with the tip-up barrel like the .22 PLY or the former model PT-22.
In my opinion a disadvantage is that the Beretta only has a single-action-only trigger, comparing with the Taurus that has a double-action-only trigger which is alot better in most situations.
By the way, the PLY is also available in .25ACP, may could be a better choice than the .22 or what do you think?

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 5:57

@schaschanist wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

The Beretta is similar, especially with the tip-up barrel like the .22 PLY or the former model PT-22.
In my opinion a disadvantage is that the Beretta only has a single-action-only trigger, comparing with the Taurus that has a double-action-only trigger which is alot better in most situations.
By the way, the PLY is also available in .25ACP, may could be a better choice than the .22 or what do you think?
I'd be tempted to go .25, if only because the round is marginally larger and my understanding is that centrefire rounds tend to be more reliable than rimfire. I'll leave comment on trigger action DAO vs Single Action to those who actually use them Razz My tendency however is to steer my characters away from DAO, but each to their own.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5739

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 15:55

@Alfisti wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Hmm, design looks quite similar to one of the little Beretta pocket pistols, like the Jetfire or similar.

The Beretta is similar, especially with the tip-up barrel like the .22 PLY or the former model PT-22.
In my opinion a disadvantage is that the Beretta only has a single-action-only trigger, comparing with the Taurus that has a double-action-only trigger which is alot better in most situations.
By the way, the PLY is also available in .25ACP, may could be a better choice than the .22 or what do you think?
I'd be tempted to go .25, if only because the round is marginally larger and my understanding is that centrefire rounds tend to be more reliable than rimfire. I'll leave comment on trigger action DAO vs Single Action to those who actually use them Razz My tendency however is to steer my characters away from DAO, but each to their own.
Isn't the only difference between SAO and DAO that the Double-action can be shooten cocked and uncocked and the single action only only with a cocked trigger like the old flintlock muskets ?

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 20:01

@schaschanist wrote:Isn't the only difference between SAO and DAO that the Double-action can be shooten cocked and uncocked and the single action only only with a cocked trigger like the old flintlock muskets ?
My understanding is the other way around: Single action (without going into revolvers) are things like your 1911s (guys, anyone?) where you have to rack the slide first time to cock the pistol. Then all the trigger has to do is release the hammer/firing pin to fire a round. From there the action of the slide recoiling recocks the gun. Double Action (double action to single action?) is where the gun doesn't need to be cocked first time, instead pulling the trigger cocks the gun and releases the hammer/firing pin to fire the first shot. From there the recoiling action recocks it for each subsequent shot. Upside is that the first shot (if you don't cock the gun manually) is a long, heavy trigger pull making it harder to fire the gun by accident. Downside is that it's harder to maintain your aim through the firing sequence. On Double Action Only, each trigger pull cocks the hammer and then releases it, so each pull has two actions (cock and release), hence "Double Action" and the slide only serves to cycle a new round into the chamber.

Again, gun people: tell me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5739

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 21:08

You got it right Alfisti.

But with the 1911, the pulling of the slide is to advance the first round into the firing chamber from the magazine, as with most semi automatics. The 1910 (the gun that was sent to the US Army for replacement trails of their older weapons, mainly revolvers) was DAO, making it SAO was one of the modifications given to the 1911 as a safety feature so the gun wont fire if dropped. Also adding a few more safety systems to the 1910 makes it a 1911, which the US Military finally accepts into its fold of weapons. It is the sliding of the slider that prepares the gun to be fired in the 1911 and many other SAO guns. If there is a round already loaded in the chamber, can you pull the trigger and fire it on the 1911 and most SAO guns. DAO Guns, the trigger advances the round (somehow) when pulled 1/2 way and fires it when pulled all the way. This works best in revolvers and also adds weight in the trigger pull.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 6:26

Next one I found for concealed carry on a carity event is that:

Beretta 3032 Tomcat.
Maybe a better choice than the Taurus for her on that mission.

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 7:24

I like the Tomcat, it was one of the pistols I considered for Monty before settling on her PPK. Having a quick read the only major complaint which seems to get levelled at it is that it's quite wide for what it is, making it more difficult to keep flat against the body than some other offerings in a similar market.

Have you considered something like, say, the Kevin ZP98 (marketed in the US as the Micro Desert Eagle)? They seem to get a pretty good wrap.


It's about the same size as the tomcat, but slimmer and uses a marginally larger .380 round. If you've not already, it's probably worth consulting the pocket gun guide Elfen posted awhile back.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5739

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 9:24

@Alfisti wrote:I like the Tomcat, it was one of the pistols I considered for Monty before settling on her PPK. Having a quick read the only major complaint which seems to get levelled at it is that it's quite wide for what it is, making it more difficult to keep flat against the body than some other offerings in a similar market.

Have you considered something like, say, the Kevin ZP98 (marketed in the US as the Micro Desert Eagle)? They seem to get a pretty good wrap.


It's about the same size as the tomcat, but slimmer and uses a marginally larger .380 round. If you've not already, it's probably worth consulting the pocket gun guide Elfen posted awhile back.
Have seen the picture of the guide, but fact is taht i dislike most of these pocket guns, mainly based on the fact they have a rectangular design or looking like antique guns from the 1930's.

I'm looking for something modern, in a rounder shape and a smaler caliber, so 9mm, .40 and .45 is out of question for me. Particularly because a larger caliber means less rounds to fire, i mean, 9 rounds (.22/.25 to .32) is still 3 more to protect or stop than 6 rounds (9mm, .40 and .45).
If i would put the weight on stopping power, then i would use the FiveSeven.

Already had a long discussion last night with Elfen, MP5 and CI about that and somebody came with a two shot, double-barrel micro revolver, but that goes too far.

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:53

@schaschanist wrote:Have seen the picture of the guide, but fact is taht i dislike most of these pocket guns, mainly based on the fact they have a rectangular design or looking like antique guns from the 1930's.

I'm looking for something modern, in a rounder shape and a smaler caliber, so 9mm, .40 and .45 is out of question for me. Particularly because a larger caliber means less rounds to fire, i mean, 9 rounds (.22/.25 to .32) is still 3 more to protect or stop than 6 rounds (9mm, .40 and .45).
If i would put the weight on stopping power, then i would use the FiveSeven.
Well, I'd be the last person to tell you not to let aesthetics enter the equation. Razz I guess the reason pocket guns tend to be blocky though is that it's probably more space efficient: sacrificing ergonomics to get the smallest form factor. As to calibers, well: Jethro and Monty use 7.65mm and get away with it... ish. I imagine as with them, you're intending Emi to use this in a primarially defensive rather than offensive role?

In all reality though, having looked at some of the outfits you had suggested for Emi to wear to that charity event: the skirts on all are quite long and voluminous, enough so that she could probably conceal the Five-seveN under there without too much trouble. Razz

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5739

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 19:14

@Alfisti wrote:. I imagine as with them, you're intending Emi to use this in a primarially defensive rather than offensive role?
Defensive. When i would go offensive she would get a maschine pistol ^_^


@Alfisti wrote:
In all reality though, having looked at some of the outfits you had suggested for Emi to wear to that charity event: the skirts on all are quite long and voluminous, enough so that she could probably conceal the Five-seveN under there without too much trouble. Razz
Would depend on where you carry the gun. But I was thinking there more of a gun that could be carried in a pocket of the dress (dresses with pockets do exist!) or in a small handbag/handpocket.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
avatar
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Location : Germany

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...



Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 11:12

Decided and written. She gets the Beretta 3032 Tomcat chambered in .32ACP, carrying it in a thigh-holster.

I like that pocket gun and considering to have her (the gun) an continuing appearance in later chapters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
avatar
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Location : Germany

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...



Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 5:56

Well, I made some further thoughts about Emilie.
Yesterday i spent the evening looking for music Emilie would had listen to in her old life which was pretty difficult because first i had to find a genre which matches her.
I would describe her taste gothic to gothic-rock like. You know, that melancholic, depressive kind of music with texts usally about mourning, sorrows, depression, death and pain. [a little selection is now up here]
I always imagine Emilie to be a really huge counterpart to her parents, two rich, conservative high-society people with a daughter that always wear black, listens to strange music, which has changed her room into some kind of crypt (candles everywhere, dark, meager lighting of the room), perhaps in an act of rebellion painted in black.



Allright, but somehow i drifted to a topic which i hadn't made thoughts about yet, Emi's birthday!
But it's set: Emilie's birthday is the 14th of February, Valentine's day.
I see it as kind of weird coincidence and irony, the darkest and gloomiest cyborgofthe SWA, born at the happiest and pinkiest day in the year.
So since yesterday Emilie is truly 14 years old, but because she is a cyborg, she always will be the 13 years old girl she was and never will get old (somehow sad...).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
avatar
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Location : Germany

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...



Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Creation of a new OC

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum