New Fanfic-Story: "New Ways"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Fanfic-Story: "New Ways"

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 3:01

@schaschanist wrote: Yeah, Emi really is a choco-holic...
Maybe her next vacation should be in Shanghai.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 14:59

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@schaschanist wrote: Yeah, Emi really is a choco-holic...
Maybe her next vacation should be in Shanghai.
Emilie: *drooling* "Chocolate warriors? How crazy, but I'm sure i can beat them, ehm pardon, eat them."

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 19:47

Well, this is a little interlude chapter, shorter than the former chapters.
It finally puts an end onto Emilie's depression and clears some other things.

Endings and new Beginnings

It was some days after new year's eve. The new year had begun and Etienne had spent some peaceful days together, but no matter, Etienne was still concerned about his cyborg Emilie, who forced herself to appear happy in his presence.
So he reported his concerns to Dr. Bianchi about the incident some days before, how Emilie held the knife at her throat in that night, wanting a proof of not getting abandoned.
Dr. Bianchi studied notes on his clip-board on the search for some information. “Well, I had a look on some old files and reports about Emilie and found out that she was in the hospital because of an attempted suicide and also attempts at therapy afterwards failed. The therapist declared that she was in a deep depression, isolated herself from others and became really reclusive.”
“I never knew she suffered that much after they moved and left me alone.” Etienne was obviously bothered by that thought, remembering how happy she was as a little child when he first met her.
“By that information she was a very introverted and depressive girl before.” Dr. Bianchi tried to explain him. “I dare say that was sealed with conditioning, but with the incident some parts of her former personality have been revealed again.”
“Hmm...” was the only answer Etienne had could get out, looking thoughtfully with the hand at his chin.
Dr. Bianchi, as the psychologist he is wanted a proof for his theory about the young girl. “I want to have some auditions with her within the next few days, is it okay for you?”
“Sure.” he simply replied.

The next morning Dr. Bianchi had called Emilie for an audition. She knocked and entered hesitatingly, the doctor welcomed her. “Hi Emilie. No reason to be afraid, I just want to talk with you.”
“O-okay doctor Bianchi.” she said, stammering a little.
He offered her a place on the couch in his office. “Take a seat, get comfortable, we have all time in the world.”
“Thank you.” She sat down nervously, not knowing what to expect.
“Emilie, how are you?” Bianchi asked.
“Not good, I'm depressive and have horrible headaches.” She replied.
“Etienne told me about the incident.” As he saw the expression in her face and how white the usual very pale Emilie became, he tried to calm her down. “Hey, I'm not going shout at you. I just would want to know why you have did that. Does it have to do with your problems?”
“Yes, It does. I'm feeling so useless since I changed so much. And as Etienne suddenly took me outside I feared it would be my last night. I don't wanted to get abandoned.”
“I understand.” He wrote down a comment to that on his clipboard.
Emilie obviously was frightened that he has done a note.“I don't know whats going on in my head.”, she suddenly shouted,with her hands clutching her forehead. “I'm so confused...”
“Confused? By what?” he asked interested.
“I started here as a happy girl, satisfied with everything...” She sighed loudly. “But now I'm so introverted, emotional and depressive. It is like I'm a different person.” She cuddled nervously a pillow from the couch.

“Could you explain it a bit more precisely?” He put his clipboard down, turning his focus now only at what she would answer.
“It is like there is a second me inside me. I was perky right from the beginning. But now I'm a psychotic wreck, frightened, scared, depressive, emotional and introverted. I'm so confused...”
He was fascinated by her objective description. “I guess it is really confusing for you.”
Emi looked up into the doctor's friendly eyes, searching for an answer. “Am I insane, doctor Bianchi?”
“No, Emilie. I'm not quite sure if I really understand yet what is going on.” he said trying to comfort her as he noticed her expression and how she was about to drift into depression again. “Okay Emi. I think that's enough for today.”
She was pretty depressive as she left the office, not knowing if her answers were driving her into even more problems or not or if they all were disappointed of her. And so she rested back in her room, laying on the bed and crying again.
Larissa after a while came and tried to comfort her older sister with cuddling but no matter what she tried to brighten her up, Emilie was still crying horribly.

Meanwhile at the office Doctor Bianchi had called Etienne, telling him about his audition with his cyborg. “It is like I thought. Her personality broke through partially and caused a depression.”
“I expected it after our last talk.”, he said. “Will she ever will be my old Emilie again?”
“I dare say no. How it seems actually another reconditioning could cause even more mental issues.”, the psychologist said. But suddenly he laughed. “On the other hand you could say now she is a lot more like the real 'old Emilie', depending on these old files that's how she really was. We just recorded an artificial personality on her.” Etienne swallowed down this hard sounding statement as Dr. Bianchi continued. “But you don't have to fear anything. She still loves you and already loved you before. And after the incident she trust you absolutely.”
Etienne sighed. “At least one good message....”

Some days later. Priscilla was talking with Etienne again about Emilie which was still depressive and spending most of the time alone in her room. “Any improvements with her?”
“Unfortunately no.” Etienne said, nibbling on a chocolate mikado stick.
“Why do you say that?” Priscilla asked concerned about the condition of his cyborg.
Etienne sighed while picking another stick. “I talked with Dr. Bianchi after he had an audition with her. She is confused because her old personality broke partially through.” Priscilla lifted skeptically an eyebrow while Etienne tried to explain. “She already was a pretty depressive, introverted, broken girl before we took her.”
“Poor Emi.”
“When she someday learns to live with it, I think she will became the perky girl again, but at the moment she is so confused that she acts so withdrawn.” Etienne told.
He offered her the box of sticks where she immediately took one from. While she nibbled she was thinking. “Hey, can I take her to the city? I want to brighten her up, you know how much I like her.”
Etienne. “Yeah.” He started laughing. “I'm coming with you too.”

Some time later they had walked down to town and strolled through the streets of the city. Priscilla had slung an arm around Emilie, she on the other side was still mentally absent, just looking depressed to the ground in front of her feet.
Etienne walked on Emi's other side and was talking to both. “Luckily the weather is good today, not snowing like yesterday.”
“Indeed.”, she agreed. “It's nice that we finally got a bit snow, even if I wished we would were having it at Christmas.” She looked over to Etienne. “I heard you had snow there in Brugge too?”
“Yes. The town looked even better with it.” he replied.
She pushed Emilie a bit and smiled happy for both of them. “Lucky people.”
Emilie still in a bad condition, was depressed about something she haven't told yet, was looking to the ground, didn't respond and just walked next to Priscilla who was cuddling her like a mother.

Some more streets later then Priscilla found a nice dress in the window of a small boutique. “Oh Emi, this would totally suit you.”
Emilie which hadn't looked up tried to get off of Priscilla's grip. “If you're not satisfied with me or my style then tell it to me directly!” The small cyborg which obviously had misunderstood the well meant comment in her misery turned around and ran away.
Priscilla tried to get after her but the Belgian handler had stopped her by grabbing her arm. “Let her go.... she will come back, she's just in a bad mood at the moment.”
She was wondering as Priscilla looked into his eyes but she noticed the expression he had, understood that he meant it seriously.

Emilie meanwhile had run down the street and stopped at a large place which was not that unknown to her. It was the piazza in front of the Trevi fountain. Leaning against a wall she wept horribly into her hands, so much that she soaked the wool-glove she was wearing that day with her tears.
A whole while she was acting like that till a well known voice brought her back, the voice of a boy that sounded across the place. “Hey Emilie.”
“Emiliano?” She answered as she lifted her head and recognized the blond boy which was loving her since their first meeting at this place a long, long time ago.

At the same time Etienne and Priscilla arrived at the other side of the place, watching the scene from a long distance.
“Who's this boy?” Priscilla asked confused about the young blond boy which was hugging the young cyborg.
Etienne was putting a finger on his lips. “Ssht....” Calming down Priscilla he lowered his voice even more. “Don't ask me, please, but he's her boyfriend.”

At the same time on the other side of the piazza Emiliano was hugging the black haired girl, satisfied to see her again after such a long time. “I missed you so much.”
But she refused, tried to get out of the boy's embracement, and tossed him away. “No... I can't...” she said with tears in her eyes.
“What is wrong?” he asked, totally confused by the rejection of the girl.
She turned the back to him, her head hung down while thick tears were falling down from her face and leaving small holes in the snow. “I don't want you to see me in that condition. Leave me alone!”, she shouted with fists clenched at the sides.
“B-but Emilie....” he stammered.

“Emilie, I love you!” he shouted behind her as she suddenly fled, running away from the boy she loved, totally confused about everything.
Priscilla was shocked by Emilie's reaction, looking cluelessly into Etienne's eyes, searching for an answer. But she turned away from him pretty soon as she realized even he couldn't really understand what happened.
For Emiliano a world had broken together, the boy couldn't believe Emilie ended their relationship, reminding how hesitated and shy she was at their last meeting.

The crying and confused girl had fled into a lonely side street-lane some blocks away from the Trevi fountain. Just with a beanie between the wall and her forehead she stood there, hammered with her fist at the wall and cried about what she has done just a few moments ago.
A few moments later Etienne arrived at the lane, founding his girl with the face on the wall and meanwhile punching a deep hole into the plaster of the wall, grabbed the girl who was regretting her unconsidered knee-jerk action, turned her around and embraced his emotionally troubled girl. Still crying she put her forehead on his chest and hammered his shoulder with her clenched fist but although it was hurting, he ignored the hammering and just tried to comfort the crying girl in his arms.
“Please.... just bring me home...”, she said then.
It was quiet on their way back to the SWA complex, none of them said any word, he just held Emilie in his arm and Priscilla was silently pitying the cyborg she loved so much, but understanding her problems well.

Back at the dormitory complex Etienne offered his girl Emilie his own room to rest there for the rest of the day cause only there she could be for herself without maybe getting disturbed by anyone, neither the other girls nor somebody else.
And Emilie laid there in his bed, crying more horribly than ever before.

Down in the luckily empty personnel's canteen Priscilla and Etienne sat down. “Coffee?”, he asked, offering her a cup which he originally filled for himself.
“Yes please.” Etienne sat down opposite her after he filled another cup for himself. “Now, I think, you can understand the situation she is in a bit more.”
Priscilla took a nip from the cup and sighed. “Yes, I do. Poor Emilie. It really hurts me to see her like this...”
“We must observe her.”, he said also taking a nip. “I fear she could do something really bad and stupid.”
“She is unstable, I guess. Depressive and suffering so much.” Then she reminded the scene and what he whispered. “Hey, let's go and try to comfort her.”
Etienne nodded. “Good idea.”

But meanwhile Emilie had walked upstairs, onto the roof. She still cried horribly, felt useless like before and additionally guilty because she quit her relationship with Emiliano in her desperation and frustration. Her old personality which partially had broken through forced her to attempt suicide just like years ago before she became a cyborg. She stood there at the border of the roof, looking down the three storeys of the building. The wind was blowing her hair across the face while she stood there crying.

At the same time Etienne and Priscilla were running upstairs to the roof, Etienne feared she would be there after Emilie wasn't in his room. They found the young cyborg there at the border of the roof.
“Emi! Do not jump!”, he shouted.
She lifted a foot like she would do a step forward but hesitated to do the rest because a conflict was going on in her head. Both of her personalities were fighting while she stood there, the old one which wanted to attempt jumping from the roof, just seeing the disappointment she brought everybody, and her new conditioned personality which wouldn't allow that, seeing the suicide as an act against her handler.
Her foot was trembling, she begun to sway. Right in the moment as Etienne run over to her, trying to get his cyborg, she was losing her consciousness by her inner conflict just for the break of a moment. He jumped with an outstretched hand as she fell, trying to grab her but unfortunately he missed her ankle just of about a hand-width. “No!”, he shouted behind the falling girl.
She got back her consciousness and was falling with eyes wide opened in terror, right before she hit the ground.
Priscilla stood there, whiter than chalk, the expression in her face was showing blank panic. “Oh no!”
Just a few moments later the Belgian arrived down there where his cyborg Emilie had fallen down. “Emilie!” He took her, shook the girl, but she remained non-responding, just stared
totally shocked with her widely opened eyes into the sky. Her entire mind was completely paralyzed, even as the medics arrived, she didn't respond in any way and so they took care of her and brought the damaged cyborg to the medical station.

While Emi got sedated in the medical station, aside her paralyzed mind she just had a broken arm, broken leg and a few scratches, Dr. Bianchi, Dr. Belisario and Chief Lorenzo were having a heated argumentation about the emotionally
troubled cyborg. “We cannot take regard of her anymore. We need a solution, she's a multi-million Euro cyborg and not supposed to be a suicidal psycho.” He endured Emilie's condition long enough and
wanted to get rid off of that problem the doctors always tried to calm down.
“Usually we just condition them and everything is okay, but even we don't know what would happen in her case.”, Belisario said.
Dr. Bianchi. “I fear it could cause even more problems since the last time she received a huge dose she turned into that.”, Bianchi announced his fear. “Worst case would be that she could get back her memories.”
“I read you reports about her, Fernando.” Chief Lorenzo sat up and walked over to the window, staring at the cracks in the ground where Emilie had fallen down. “As much as I pity that turn, sometime we need to jump over our shadow and put an end to it.”
“I understand...” Bianchi just replied.

A few days later Emilie had been repaired, hey gave the young troubled cyborg finally by that opportunity a dose and conditioned her. So she was pretty dizzy as she woke up. “Where am I?” she asked as she looked around.
Etienne who sat next to the bed, waiting for her to wake up, was a surprised as he suddenly heard her voice. “Emilie, you're awake.”
Emi rubbed her sleepy eyes and was a little bit confused that she woke up in a bed of the medical station. “What happened?”
“You got unconscious on top the roof of the dormitory and fell down.” He told her, hiding the rest of the truth which leaded to that situation.
“Oh... Did I caused you much trouble?” She was both, confused and concerned, not having any memory about what happened.
“Don't care about me.” he said to comfort her sorrows. “I'm just happy you're awake.”
Emilie smiled satisfied. “Père Etienne, I'm somehow just happy.”

The official report declared a tribe of extreme depression had driven Emi to attempt suicide, but only Etienne and Priscilla knew the truth. Both swore never to lose any word about what really happened, in order to avoid causing any trouble for them or Emilie who already hurt herself.
Emi on the other side lost all memories of that day through conditioning, she didn't remember neither the fall, her depression nor anything happened that day at all. Fortunately the process went well and hadn't had any bad influences on the young cyborg, even better, it had put an end onto her depression and she was just happily smiling as she woke up. For the first time after a long while she was just feeling satisfaction.

-END-

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 15 Dec 2011 - 0:25

Great story Schaschanist, glad to see poor Emile is breaking free thanks to the conditioning drugs. I guess now the SWA will be eager to see her go on missions. Perhaps there might be interaction with the other fratellos like Triela the 'Big Sister', who I imagine would like to get to know her better like she does with Henrietta and the others? Smile

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1973

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 3:12

Endings and new Beginnings
“Well, I had a look on some old files and reports about Emilie and found out that she was in the hospital because of an attempted suicide and also attempts at therapy afterwards failed.
That's interesting. Up to this point we had assumed that Emilie's problems came from a bad reaction to the conditioning process. Now it appears that she may have had issues with her brain before being converted. The cyborg engineers should have caught that.
“I want to have some auditions with her within the next few days, is it okay for you?”
I think the word you want here is interviews. In English, auditions refer to something an entertainer (singer, actor) must do to get a job.
She cuddled nervously a pillow from the couch.
These little details are very good.
While she nibbled she was thinking. “Hey, can I take her to the city? I want to brighten her up, you know how much I like her.”
Etienne. “Yeah.” He started laughing. “I'm coming with you too.”
After last episodes incident with the knife they might want another whole fratello along in case of trouble!
Emilie still in a bad condition, was depressed about something she haven't told yet, was looking to the ground, didn't respond and just walked next to Priscilla who was cuddling her like a mother.
I wonder if the girls don't get confused sometimes about the role Priscilla plays in their lives. Supervisor? Teacher? Mother-figure? Big sister?
She turned the back to him, her head hung down while thick tears were falling down from her face and leaving small holes in the snow. “I don't want you to see me in that condition. Leave me alone!”, she shouted with fists clenched at the sides.
I almost expected Emilie to snap and do something violent to Emiliano.
“Emi! Do not jump!”, he shouted.
Don't jump! You're a cyborg...you'll just break the concrete below!
she was losing her consciousness ...She got back her consciousness and was falling with eyes wide opened in terror,
Interesting way of handling this...she does not break her conditioning by jumping but falls anyway, maybe because of the conditioning shutting her down.
For the first time after a long while she was just feeling satisfaction.
-END-
So are Emilie's troubles over? We shall see...

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 3:59

Thanks Voodoo.
The fall from the roof actually was because of that. I imagined her mind was paralyzed as she laid there

As for Priscilla: In my story she is more a friend and mother for Emilie than a supervisor. But that's reasoned on a special fact why Pris likes Emilie so much, the fact that she sees Angelica in both, this young Belgian's appearance and the problems she has to deal with.
Maybe she someday calls Emi "Angelica" by accident... if she hasn't already done it...

Well, I'm currently working on the next episode.
I don't want to give too much spoilers now, but you can be sure: Emilie will get back into action, now that she got conditioned and starts behaving like supposed to behave.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 14:50

Long awaited, took me nearly a half year to edit it and add new stuff but i think now i'm done with the next chapter about what happens and how Emilie behaves now after conditioning.

Princess Noir

Etienne was meeting an old friend and informant of the agency in a small café this Friday afternoon. He had taken his cyborg with him this day, just for no special reason in particular. She hadn't been ordered anything but the black haired cyborg just stood there next to her handler. With her back towards him, she observed the surroundings silently, scanning for possible threats, but innocently looking to appear just as a normal girl.

His friend noticed how Emilie was behaving. "She is pretty quiet and shy, isn't she?"
"Yes, she is." Etienne said, looking over to her.
The man still watched the young girl in black clothes. "Thirteen?"
"Err, What?" Etienne replied, wondering what his friend was meaning.
"She is thirteen, right?" he repeated.
"Yes.", Etienne said and took a sip coffee. "Well, different topic, Joseph. I called you for some information about the actions of the Northern Faction."
"Sorry I was distracted by your young attendant.”, he apologized. “Well, I heard the Northern Faction is going to receive a delivery of some machine guns and explosives within this week. I heard rumors they are planing an ambush at some politicians on a charity event."
"Hmm. So the usual stuff." After another sip he continued. "Do you know anything further?"
"I don't know if it's real or just a rumor, but I heard they are going to take hostages at the charity event of the prime minister this Friday."
"Sounds serious, I don't believe it will be just a rumor but their real plan." He notice that his friend's eyes again moved to Emilie.
"Who is she?" Etienne's friend asked, simply fascinated by Emi's unusual sight and strange behavior.
Etienne took another sip from the cup of coffee in front of him. "Her name is Emilie."
"Is she your daughter?", Joseph asked.
"So to say."
The man was still fascinated by the young girl and kept on watching her. "What a disciplined girl. She doesn't make any move at all, just observing the surrounding."
"That's how she is."

The Belgian fratello returned to the SWA facility, where Etienne met with Chief Lorenzo in his office to discuss the meeting. “You got the information?” Chief Lorenzo asked, adding “Excellent.” as Etienne nodded confirming.
"It all sounds pretty serious. I'm concerned."
"I'm concerned too. We need to be prepared. Get Emilie better back to training."
Etienne shook his head as he commented the meeting. “God, he just had eyes for Emilie.”
Chief Lorenzo was amused and laughed. “Well, she is an eye-catcher.”
“I know.”
Lorenzo reminded that Emilie got conditioned just shortly ago and wanted to ask about her. “By the way. How did she behave?”
“She was very disciplined. Just stood there, observed the surrounding and didn't move or said anything at all.” He sighed lightly. “To be honest, it is a bit awkward.”
Chief Lorenzo lend backwards into his seat and put the hands into his neck. “Sounds totally normal, but let her better have an interview with Bianchi.”
“Sure.”

On the following day, a saturday morning Bianchi had an interview with the recently conditioned young cyborg. “Hello, Emilie.”
Emilie sat down on a chair in front of the doctor's desk. “Bonjour, Dr. Bianchi.”
“How is it? Everything okay with you?” He leaned forward, supporting his chin with the hand.
Emi, put on a little smile, replied. “I'm fine, Merci.”
He looked up, wondering about her short answer but was impressed by her satisfied smile. “That's excellent Emilie.” He noted something at a form on his clipboard. “I heard you were pretty quiet yesterday. ”
“I just observed the surrounding to protect my handler.”
"Err, okay." Bianchi said a bit confused about her straightforward statement. “Did Etienne ordered you to?”
“No he didn't. I made it of my own.“
He was lightly concerned about the motivation which had driven her to protect, looked down to the reports on his clipboard and was considering them before he decided to ask her a question. “Emi, are you depressive?”
“No.” She said. “I'm satisfied and relaxed.”
Bianchi noted something on his clipboard. "Interesting. What about your nightmares?” He was very interested particular in the point which was bugging the young girl for such a long periode.
"I hadn't had any since I got released from the medical station." She replied with a light smile.
Dr. Bianchi noted her answer in his files. "That's excellent, Emilie.”

The interview was over soon and Bianchi turned to a talk with Belisario, who had watched the interview from behind the mirror of the office. "What do you think of her?"
“It seems she luckily didn't remember anything of the happenings before conditioning.” Belisario said.
Bianchi noted, approving his colleague’s statement. “Let's keep it like that and hope it will last by itself.” He sighed lightly. “But what else about her?”
"Pretty dark and gloomy appearance and a quiet, distant girl. To say she is pretty goth." he replied. "On the other hand she's really friendly and polite."
"From the files I studied that is how she truly is, or more, was beneath her depression."
"Hmm, if I remember the notices correctly she was one of those 'wealthy daughter', right?" Belisario said, holding his chin, considering circumstances. "Interesting turn with her. Seems like she is alot more her former self than expected."
"I second your thought, she is much more her former self than all others. But I'm not afraid in any way, she follows her orders and obeys her handler's orders and words." Bianchi said.
"I think we just should observe her, but over all I think she works better this way and we don't need to change anything." Belisario suddenly laughed. "A cybernetic 'goth princess', that's really exotic."

Two days later. Etienne and Emilie were on the shooting range in the morning of that wintry monday. Emilie, who was in a obvious much better condition since conditioning, had started practicing again to refresh her skills.
With her silenced FiveSeven she was shooting while Etienne observed her results. “That's excellent Emi, you're on the way to become even better than before.”
Emi was replying with a nod as Etienne stopped her for the next step of her training. “Here is something new for you”, he said and gave her a small pocket gun. “Chief Lorenzo ordered me to give you that.”
The lightly confused girl was starring at the gun in her thin hands as Etienne continued. "Beretta 3230 Tomcat, a gun for concealed carrying."
Emilie took the gun and loaded it with the magazine, aimed and pulled the trigger. “Do not expect the precision of your FiveSeven.” Etienne replied watching her firing the pocket gun.
“I got it.” she replied in her usual way.
Time later, around afternoon, they left the range, Etienne had decided to quit the training for this day. Emi had put the new gun into the pocket of her coat and was walking next to her handler which was obviously happy about her condition. “Does that mean we get a new role instead of our old one?”, she asked looking up with her lovely blue eyes, unsure what the new gun was supposed to mean for her.
Etienne laughed, amused by the concerned undertone in her question. “No, we still have the same role as before. It's just for enhancing your capabilities a bit. Just see it as the 'next step'.”
“Next step?”
Etienne smirked a little bit that she didn't get it. “Emi, we always kept people under surveillance and observed from a far til now. Next step means we will start observing from inside, undercover investigation and infiltration to name it.” He fondled her head gently.

Meanwhile, up in the chief's office Jean and the Lorenzo were having a discussion about some mission-related things as the topic leaded to Emilie's improvement. “Do you think we could send her on missions soon?” Lorenzo asked Jean the field operator of the section.
“Based on the improvement she made, the conditioning she went through and the fact she got back into training, I would say yes.” Jean said in his usual pretty dry sounding tone.
Chief Lorenzo lend backwards in his chair, sighing silently. “Right. I already approved the order to enhance their spectrum from observing to infiltration right before the incident but froze it after her jump from the roof. Now I’m sure she is ready for getting back on-duty.”
“I second this. Based on the latest reports about her I think Emilie is ready.”
“Approved.” He signed the file with his signature and his stamp and closed this file, put it to the left side to reveal the next open one beneath, the file about their newest cyborg. “So what about Larissa? Could we pair her with anybody yet?”
Jean studied the file about his second, entrusted, cyborg. “I believe yet it's a bit too early for her. She needs practice before we can send her on missions.”
Chief Lorenzo closed the file he had in his hand, approved an order with his signature, put it to the right and handed Jean the file on the left. “Bring the file to Etienne and supervise him about the decision.”
Jean nodded and left the office. The chief stood up and stared outside the window of his office, watched how Etienne and Emilie were returning from the shooting range. “I hope she don't disappoint us.”

Down, close to the side entry of the building, Etienne was speaking to his cyborg about the results of their visit to the range. “Your shooting is excellent, Emi, even better than before.”
She blushed a bit by that comment of her handler. “Merci.”
He patted her shoulder with a satisfied smile. “Hey, no reason be that shy, I'm proud of you, my sweet.”

At the door they stopped. “Okay, schedule’s done for today, Emilie.”
“I understand.”, she just replied, made a formal bow and left, straight up to her room.
He stared behind how she left him, concerned looking with an raised eyebrow. “She's like exchanged....”, he said to himself, remembering what a nervous wreck she was just shortly ago.

Soon she arrived at her room, put the new gun into the drawer after a quick cleaning, sat down on her bed and took off her shoes. She sighed silently after smelling on her clothes. “I need a shower.” she said, took new clothes out of the wardrobe and went to the showers. Before she started stripping off all her clothes and even the black underwear, always checking the surrounding carefully. As the horribly shy and prude girl she always had been she really never would turn off her in front of anybody but luckily nobody else was there around this time so Emilie, which was obviously exhausted from training since breakfast, decided to sat down under the shower and sighed as she begun to chill down under the falling water of the shower-head. “This is so refreshing...”
A longer while later she turned off the shower, dried her slender body and her silky hair, slipped into fresh clothes, a black dress made of velvet with silk accents and black knee-socks, left the dressing room and returned back to her room. On her bed she laid down, looked around in this white and bright but dreary room for a moment and sighed. “Dreary...and so bright.”

A few hours of laying bored on her bed and doing nothing she was thinking and considering inside her mind. "This room is so dreary and white. I should ask Père next occasion if I can change it a bit."

She suddenly jumped up after a while, slipped into her shoes and left her room, heading downward the stair into the direction of the music room. "Hey Emilie." a friendly voice sounded.
She turned surprised around and looked into the smiling face of Priscilla. "You're looking so elegant in that dress." she said adoring.
"Bonjour, Priscilla."
"How are you doing, Emi?" Pris asked. "Did you have a good day?"
Emilie smiled lightly. "Oui. I was at the shooting range with Etienne today and took a long, refreshing shower in the afternoon. But now I'm a bit bored and looking for an occupation."
"Aww no." She said shocked. "And now you wanted to the music room to play music or to sing?"
"Maybe, I'm not quite sure about what to do."
Priscilla embraced her young Belgian friend heartily. "Poor Emilie. If you like you can come to my room with me and we can talk. Remember, my door is always open for you."
"Merci, Priscilla."
Up in Priscilla's room they sat down on the chairs at the table. The friendly SWA agent took a closer look at the young girl opposite her and what she was wearing. "That dress is beautiful, Emi. Silk and velvet."
Emilie blushed lightly. "I think it's one you bought for me on our last trip to the city."
"I know." She said smiling. "Your looking so elegant when you wear your beautiful hair like that."
Emilie smiled but blushed bashfully by the comment about her raven black hair. "Thank you... I decided to wear it a bit different."

"Can I offer you something? A tea or some cookies?" Priscilla asked asked her young friend concerned but already was serving chocolate-chip cookies.
Emilie took one of the cookies. "Merci." While munching the delicious cookie she was considering some things.
"What are you thinking about, Emi? Maybe I can help you, perhaps."

The young girl blushed a bit. "It's a bit embarassing to ask, but do you have knitting needles and wool?"
Priscilla stared at her a bit confused. "Err..."

"I'm sorry to have asked you such a silly question." Emilie apologized.
"No matter to apologize, it's not silly. I was just surprised." She continued. "Well, I'm sorry, I don't have such utensils but I either can ask or arrange you them. Any particular colors? I guess black."
Emilie was still blushing. "Black, a dark red and grey would be nice."

In the later evening the young Belgian sat on her bed. Priscilla had arranged her the wanted stuff and now the girl was knitting speechless. "What a soft wool." she thought to herself, touching the dark bordeaux-red wool.
After a while she looked at the knitted thing in her hands, she meanwhile had knitted the wool to a narrow short flick. "Looks good so far."
Her eyes drifted to a clock, seeing the late hours she laid her piece in progress on the nightdesk, crawled under the blanket and closed her eyes. "Already so late, tomorrow I will continue..."

Next day, after her yesterday's good shooting Etienne had canceled today’s schedule, Emilie continued her knitting. She sat on her bed, silently knitting on her flick for hours.
Through time it became more and more clear what she started with. The short narrow flick soon turned into a band and finally into a scarf.
Sometime later on that day she finished her work. The young Belgian wrapped the finished knitted scarf around her neck and smiled satisfied. "Wonderful, so soft and so warm."

Shortly after finishing she put on a wool coat and boots and went down to left the building for a walk, a walk with her new scarf on.

Outside Priscilla was walking over the compound from the parking lot with Olga.
"Is it right what I heard? Etienne and Emilie will get back to work finally?" Olga asked.
"That is right, they will be on duty again soon." Pris replied.
"I guess you have one laughing and one crying eye."
Priscilla began getting louder. "Yes! I don't want my Emilie to get hurt."
Olga shook her head. "You're really obsessed by her..."
In this moment she noticed the young Belgian coming around, wearing an elegant wool coat, a knee-length skirt, overknee socks, boots and her new long scarf. "Isn't that Emilie over there?"

Priscilla's eyes became bright and shiny."Yes, it is. My beloved Emilie!"
"Alright, I'll let you alone with your friend." Olga said, patting her shoulder. "See you later in office."

As their ways crossed Priscilla welcomed the young girl with opened arms and a warm smile.
"Bonjour, Priscilla."
Priscilla embraced the elegant girl heartily. "Hey, my sweet." She took a closer look at her friend's clothes, noticing the dark red, knitted wool scarf which was slung around the girls neck. "That scarf is amazing."
Emilie blushed. "Merci beaucoup, Priscilla. I made it with the wool you gave me."
"You're a talented knitter, Emi."
The young beauty turned around, made a pirouette to the left and one to the right, her scarf flagging through the wind of her rotation. "Does it fit my outfit? What do you think?" She asked sheepishly blushing.
Priscilla's eyes shined even more as they objected the angel-like rotation of the young belgian beauty. "It does."

For a while the two were walking around the compound.
Emilie suddenly blushed, looked down to the ground. "Can I ask you for another favor, Priscilla?" she asked lightly embarrassed.
"Sure, what is it?"
"Priscilla, is it possible that you can bring me more wool? Dark grey would be nice."
"Sure." Priscilla said. "No problem, Emilie."

From a window on the first floor of the dorm building two of the girls were observing the young girl and the woman down in the park in front of the dormitory complex.
“She really appears like exchanged, doesn't she?” Triela asked her room-mate which also was observing them.
“She does. Emi appears worlds more relaxed than lately.”
“Yeah she really was a nervous wreck.” Triela wiped away the mist their breath produced on the glass with her pullover's sleeve. “I still can't really believe it.”
“Believe it.” Claes adjusted her glasses but took them off for a cleaning after noticing a fingerprint on the surface. “You really can see Emi's in a lot better condition, she appears tidier and cares a lot more about herself again.”
“True.” Triela lend back, got off the window and sat down on her bed. “Did you hear the latest news, Claes?”
“About what?” she sad, putting back her glasses on.
The tanned blond grabbed on of the teddy-bears on the bed and began cuddling it. “They will get them back into action soon.”
“Did Hillshire tell you?”
“Yes.”
“A sign her mental crisis is solved finally.” Claes climbed up the ladder of the bed, laid down on the mattress and grabbed a book. “Also a proof they trust her.”

A few days later.
It was Valentine's day this morning and Emilie was wearing a dark and elegant outfit, an almost black dark knee-length babydoll-like dress with a black short-sleeved turtleneck shirt, knitted tights and black Mary-Janes, the hair brushed and simply hanging loose, her forehead attenuately/prominently framed by the hair and her characteristic single streak in the middle. She had walked up to Etienne's room and wanted to ask him something but the fatherly handler just stared at his preppy dressed cyborg as she entered the room.
The gloomy girl of course noticed his staring. "Is something wrong with me?"
"No, I'm just wondering. You're looking different today." he apologized his staring.
"Oh, you mean my outfit." She said and blushed lightly. "I was in the mood to, it's Valentine's day."
Etienne observed her precisely, the babydoll-like dress and her raven black hair she was wearing loose this morning and not as usual lately in a low ponytail. "You're looking really good. Haven't seen you in a while wearing loose hair."
The young belgian blushed lightly. "Merci beaucoup."

"Père Etienne, do we eat breakfast together now?", she asked a bit hesitated.
"Wow, how independent she's gotten lately." he said amazed to himself, fascinated that she took initiative of her own. "Well, please don't be angry, Dr. Bianchi called you for an interview." Etienne was obviously feeling sorry to give her that message and embraced her calming. “Please meet him before and I promise when you are back we eat breakfast together here as promised.."
"Bien. I'll be back soon, Père." the girl said, turned around an left.

As she arrived there, she knocked at the door and entered Dr. Bianchi's office. “Excuse me, you have called for me?”
“Yes. Good Morning, Emilie." the psychologist welcomed the young girl heartily.
Emi took a seat in front of his desk. "Bonjour, Dr. Bianchi."
Bianchi noticed her smile and the happiness her expression was emitting but also had a look at her clothes. "I see you are wearing all-black today. Any special reason?"
"It's Valentine's day.” she blushed and began smiling. “Black is such a nice color, always suitable for every occasion."
Bianchi smirked, was obviously amused by her comment about her favorite color. "Nice to see you happy." His mimic turned back to normal and he continued the interview. "Everything else alright?"
"Oui, Etienne was very satisfied with my shooting skills lately." she answered with a satisfied smile.
"I heard your precision is excellent."
"Yes. The stray is low, Etienne praised me." she told happily.
"How is it with your nightmares? Any change?" he asked concerned, reminding their last meeting.
"No new nightmare recently." she replied nonchalant.
He wrote down her answer on the sheet of his clip-board. "That's excellent, Emilie. Inform me immediately if they come back, okay?"
The young girl had folded her hands on her lap, smiling lightly sitting on the chair. “I will.”

"Okay Emilie, I think that's enough for today." He said then some moments later. "I just wanted to check how you are and I see you are very fine."
Emilie stood up. "Bien, no problem, Dr. Bianchi. Always a pleasure to talk with you."
"Have a good Valentine's day with Etienne."
She did a formal bow, turned around and left the doctors office with happy steps.
After she has left his office Bianchi was thinking about Emilie for some moments. "A cute light french accent she's having... Maybe a bit strange but really an adorable girl with her sheer politeness." Bianchi said to himself with a smile.
He began wallowing in memories how she started at the agency, looked down, saw a photo of Emilie which was attached to her old file on his desk and the words 'personality disorder diagnosed' that were written in red letters under the photo. "Glad to see she made so much improvement."

In his room Etienne already was waiting for his cyborg and preparing his couch-table for breakfast, he had arranged some Belgian waffles with several sauces along with Emi's favorite sort of tea, as Emilie entered the room. "Aww, my sweet girl is back. How was it?" he asked and embraced her enthusiastically.
"Dr. Bianchi was nice as always, just wanted to check how I am." She answered in the grip of his embracement.
“Excellent, and breakfast is also ready for you, too.”

On his couch they sat down, Emilie poured chocolate sauce over her waffles, Etienne took a croissant with his morning coffee. Both were eating their breakfast and watched a Belgian movie Etienne had chosen. Etienne's gaze sometime drifted over to Emilie who was sitting next to him. “You're looking like Emily, Emi.”
Emilie, clueless about what he was meaning, turned her head from the tv-screen over to her handler. “What?”
"You're looking now like that girl from your comics, Emily the Strange.”
“Really? I just picked some various things from my wardrobe.” she said shyly and blushing.
Suddenly Etienne laughed. “You're really an awesome girl, my 'little miss strange'."

They spent the whole day together, most of the time they just rested on the couch. Emilie at first sat next to Etienne but sometime laid down and put her head on her handlers legs, using his lap as a pillow. They talked about various things but most of the time they just enjoyed their near like the father and daughter they want to be in their free-time.
“Père Etienne, is it maybe possible to change my room?” she asked after a while of silence.
Etienne was wondering about her question but noticed that she meant it serious. “Changing your room? What do you mean, taking a different room or change the interior of your room?”
She looked into his eyes hopefully. “The last one. I want to change the interior of my room.”
“Why do you want that? Any special reason for it?”
“Yes. It is so white and bright, just so dreary.” she said, still looking hopefully into his eyes. “I would like to make my room darker and gloomier. Is that possible to arrange?”
Etienne was thinking for a second before he answered her question and looked into that blue, hoping eyes. “I will ask my superiors about it. What in particular would you want to do in your room?
She smiled lightly as she noticed he was on her side. “I thought about painting the walls black, hanging up some curtains at the windows, something like this.”

In the evening Emi finally had fallen asleep. She was still using her handler's lap as a pillow, Etienne had covered her body carefully with a blanket and she slept peacefully on his legs, silently breathing.
Etienne wiped away the hair which was covering her face to get a clearer look at the sleeping beauty on his lap and was wallowing in memories about her. "Every day I can spend with my beloved daughter is the greatest gift in the world. Since I already ruined your complete life everything I can obtain is just worthy enough for my sweetest little angel." he silently whispered into her ear. "Happy 14th birthday, Emilie Valerie De Laroque."

Next morning Etienne was talking with Dr. Bianchi. “Emilie asked me if she could change her room, painting the walls black and such. Do I need to worry?”
“No, I think not. I noticed that she became gloomier since conditioning but Belisario and I rated it not as a threat. In opposite, we came to the conclusion it would be better for her just to be herself." Bianchi explained his opinion.
The Belgian handler was obviously relieved. "Thanks, Dr. Bianchi."

In his tribe to fulfill the wish Etienne walked to Ferro's office and knocked at the door. “Come in.” Ferro's voice sounded and he entered the office. "How can I help you, Etienne?"
"Ferro, would it be possible to change the room of one of our cyborgs?" He asked carefully and hesitated. "Emilie asked for a make-over of hers."
“Really? She asked for that?” she was surprised and lightly confused by the questioning before she continued. “Er... well, principally it is possible. It's incumbent to the handler. Only condition is that you have to spend the budget for it from your own pocket.”
“That's no problem. I will pay for everything.” he said smiling. “But when it's allowed then I'm happy. Thanks for the information.” He said and left the office.
“First time ever somebody asked something like that...” Ferro said to herself, skeptical about the seriousness of the handler's question.

Around afternoon Etienne had walked to the personnel's canteen for getting a refreshing coffee.
“Hey Etienne.” A voice sounded as he stood at the counter ordering. Priscilla was winking with the arm from the other side of the room, trying to get his attention.
He walked over to her with the cup of coffee and sat down opposite her. “Hi Priscilla.”
“How is it going with Emilie?” she asked him.
“Pretty good, she practices shooting and got even better.” he told proud about his beloved cyborg.
“That's nice to hear. At least she finally feels better.”
He looked down to the cup of coffee he was holding in his two hands. “Yes, I do like this Emilie more than the depressed version she was lately, even if it wasn't her fault.”
“Of course, me too.” She also took a sip of the cup in her hands. “Hey, I saw Emilie wearing her knit-jacket.”
Etienne smiled and nodded. “Yes, Emi feels comfortable in it. She told me she knitted it by herself.” He took a sip but sugared the coffee a little bit. “You heard the latest news?”
Priscilla shook her head clueless. “No, what is it?”
“They will get us back into action finally. Jean brought me the documents, we will be at the Prime Minister's charity event.”
"Yes, I already heard of that, Olga told me. I'm happy for you two.”, Priscilla lied, concerned about that one or both of their closest friends could get killed on mission.
Etienne of course noticed that in her voice. “What's wrong? It doesn't sound that happy.”
“It's just...” Suddenly she blushed, blocked by waving her hand and smiled. “Eh, Forget it, I'm just worrying too much.”
"I know." Etienne replied after taking a sip of coffee and began smiling. "By the way, Emilie had birthday back on 14th of February and I wanted to fulfill her wish and give her room a make-over tomorrow."
“A make-over? Cool, Can I help you with it?” Priscilla asked with shiny bright eyes.
“When you want it, you of course can help.” He agreed, knowing he couldn't dissuade her from that idea.
“Of course I want it, I want to do it as a late birthday present for my beloved Emilie.” Priscilla said without any hesitation.
“Okay.” He confirmed. “Everything is prepared, we just need to paper the walls, paint the ceiling, lay the carpet and assemble the bed and the new wardrobe.”
“Sounds like a complete make-over.” she said smirking.
“Um, yes, you could say that.” he laughed. "But that's worthy for my most precious girl.”
“Will she assists us?”
Etienne began smiling. “No. I ordered her to stay with Triela and Hillshire this day. It's a surprise for her."

Next day. Emilie was away this day as ordered with Triela and Hillshire. They spent a day off in the city. Quiet and introverted as she usually was she said not much on that trip, just was quiet and followed her older sister and her handler. On the funny side she appeared like a wealthy daughter was escorted by her bodyguards.
Triela noticed how quiet and uncomfortable she was in this situation, being ordered by her handler to stay with a different fratello the day, and so she tried to brighten her younger sister up with directing her thoughts to something different, pointed at her new, long red knitted wool scarf. “A very beautiful scarf you are wearing, Emi.”
“I knitted it by myself a few days ago.”
“It looks wonderful on you. Red suits you really well.” she said with a suggesting smile, making a compliment to brighten her younger Belgian sister up.
"Merci."

Meanwhile, at the Dorm Etienne and Priscilla were painting the ceiling of the room with black paint. “And she really chose black?” Priscilla began laughing. “She's such a cute goth girl.”
Etienne also laughing. “She knows what she wants.”
They finished painting the ceiling and Etienne took a roll of wallpaper. "Lets continue with the wallpapers."
Pris watched the grey pattern of the black wallpaper. “This looks awesome. A very nice pattern. I'm sure she will love it.” she said cheering.
“Yes, me too.” He smiled again. “I thought she also would like to have a nice wallpaper with patterns instead of a simple plain black wall."

Some time later, back at Triela and Hillshire with Emilie in care. They were walking down the street, Triela next to Victor Hillshire and Emilie following them, who was still looking uncomfortable with the situation. Hillshire looked back sometime and noticed the expression in the young girls face. “Hey Emilie, do you want an ice?”
She looked up surprised that he asked her directly. “An Ice? If you allow it, then I would like to have one.”
At the ice café they stood at the counter and ordered. “Two balls vanilla.” he said.
Then Triela ordered. “Two balls chocolate, please.”
"One small ball straciatella, please." she said hesitated.
“Whow, wait.” Triela stopped the iceman. “Come on, Emi.” She turned to the man. “She takes two and give her two big balls.” The iceman gave Emilie the cone waffle with two large balls of ice cream.
“Thanks.” She shyly said.
“Hey, when you get invited, chose what you want, and not just one small ball. Come on, even we ordered two, then you can do the same.” Triela taught her younger sister well meaning.

Back at the dorms Etienne and Priscilla made some improvement. They were done with papering the walls, already laid the carpet and now were assembling the bed. “This is a pretty large bed.” Priscilla said astonished.
“Hey, everything for my most precious Emilie.” He laughed. “The perfect opportunity for it, plus this absolutely matches her taste, I'm sure.”
Pris began grinning. “You're really the best what could have happened for her.”
They finished assembling the wooden canopy bed as Etienne brought something special, a curtain for the bed made of lace with skulls, webs, spiders and bats on it. “This is for the bed. The perfect accessory for her.”
“Where did you get it?”
“I found it in the internet and thought she would like it.” he said with a big grin.

Meanwhile the three were walking down the street. Triela noticed Emilie's quietness and withdrawal. She slung an arm around her and tried to get a look at her pretty face. "Hey, what's wrong? You are so quiet today."
"It's nothing..."
Triela lowered her voice. "Do you have your period?"
"I have it but that's not the problem. I'm just not feeling really comfortable today." Emilie sighed and drifted away into a thought.
Triela was still holding her younger sister in her arm. "You are thinking about Etienne, right?"
She nodded approvingly without any further comment.

Inside the dorm room the two agents were arranging a black wooden wardrobe for Emi. "Be careful, I cannot lift that much weight."
"What happened?" Etienne asked concerned.
"A passed away friend broke my wrist by accident, since then I cannot lift as much weight as before." Odd to mention Priscilla meant Angelica with this.
"Sorry to hear."
The wardrobe was a placed opposite the large bed.
"Next is the commode, then we are done." They took the black wooden commode and placed it near to the wardrobe next to the window.
"What a beautiful dresser. With the mirror she always can check her hair or beauty." Priscilla blushed. "Sorry if I sound a bit silly, Etienne."
He laughed. "It's alright. That was the use I had in mind, her private beauty mirror."
He came back with a ladder and a chandelier, disconnected the old lamp and installed the the new light.
"Oh, what a gorgeous chandelier." Priscilla said surprised and amazed.
"I thought this would fit the new room alot better than this old, ugly lamp." Etienne came down the ladder after he finished mounting the chandelier.
The Belgian handler finally brought a small piece of furniture and placed it next to the bed. "A new nightdesk. There she can put in all her chocolates and most personal things."
Priscilla had begun putting back the clothes of the goth cyborg into the wardrobe and sighed after some pieces. "She has so pretty clothes, so cute and beautiful dresses."
Etienne was putting back the lot boxes of chocolate into the nightdesk. "Most of them are from you." he laughed. "You really know what fits her and what not."
She closed the wardrobe and turned to the commode, went on with the underwear. "I know she loves black but even I didn't know she wears black underwear too." she said amazed by the sight of all the black panties, bras and bustiers.
"Maybe because she is extremely shy and prude and doesn't show herself anybody naked nor even in swim- or underwear." He took out a special box a and placed the content together with a message card on the blanket of the huge bed.
Priscilla eyed it and smiled happily. "I'm sure Emi will love it."

In the evening of the day the three, Hillshire and Triela with their entrusted but lightly bored Emilie in tow, were on the way back to the SWA facility by foot, the sun already had disappeared and now the sky was dark and the stars were shining clearly. Triela clamped at her handler's arm and smiled happily about the nice day and it's weather. Emilie just followed them speechless, her long silky hair whiffing in the wind.
Some time later they arrived and Triela was bowing out for that day. "I'm sorry, I hope it wasn't too boring for you, Emi."
Emilie shook her head. "No, it was okay. Merci that you endured my presence today."
She left and went up to her room, opened the door and was surprised what she found. Her entire room had been changed into the private crypt she dreamed about and wanted to have. She was amazed as she found all the black wooden furniture, touched the wallpaper softly and tears rolled down her cheeks as she took a closer look at the lace curtains. "This must be heaven. It's like a dream became true."
On the bed she focused then something, took it and read the message on the card. "A little present for my sweet little angel. P.S.: Enjoy your new room, hope you're feeling more comfortable now. ;-)"
She took a closer look at the present her handler had left there for her. It was an elegant sleepdress in black with white accents, made of velvet, lace and silk. Emilie quickly turned off her coat, the self-knitted dark gray wool jacket, her black dress and tights, slipped into the nightgown and watched herself in the dress in the mirror of her new dresser. "Beautiful."
The huge canopy bed in eyes the young goth lady decided to lay down on it and some moments later she laid there with outstretched arms on it and felt the soft fabric of the bedwear. "So soft and comfortable."
Some time she stared at the ceiling above her until her gaze drifted a bit more to the central of the room where a complex, black chandelier was hanging. "Oh, I even got a chandelier."
She grabbed the penguin plushy Tux next to her. "Do you like it too, Tux? You do, right?" Emi pressed the plushy to her chest, embracing it heartily. "That's absolutely unbelievable, Tux."
Overmanned by tiredness she closed her eyes and because of the new bed's calming softness she very soon had fallen asleep and laid there peacefully breathing in her much more comfortable, new room.

Next morning Triela, Larissa and Emilie were having breakfast in the dining hall and sitting at a table together.
Triela was a bit groggy this morning and had taken a coffee to give the day a kick-start. The short blond Larissa sat next to the tall blond Triela, munching a bowl of cereals with milk. They already were eating as Emilie joined the round and took seat opposite them with a dish with Belgian waffles and a cup of tea in the hands. "Bonjour." she just said.
"Bonjour, Emi." Triela replied.
Larissa looked to the right into the eyes of the older cyborg next to her and lifted, still munching, an eyebrow to ask for the meaning of the word in a language she wasn't able to understand.
"Good morning in french." Triela whispered into the younger girl's ear.
The tall blond took a sip of the cup of coffee in her hands and watched the French-Belgian opposite her how she was eating her meal speechless and quietly for a while.
"What is it? You're appearing a bit happier and more relaxed than usual. Did you had a good night?"
Emilie looked up from her waffles and was surprised by the question. "Really? Do I appear like that?" she asked. "But yes, I had a very good night in my new room and new bed."
Triela amazed. "You have a new room? Awesome." She was thinking for a second before she continued. "Anythings against a party to celebrate your new room?"
Emilie blushed a bit, didn't felt much comfortable with the idea but accepted the invitation.

In the afternoon all arrived in her room, brought tea and cake and were taking seats. Rico and Henrietta were looking around confused and lightly distraught about the new, gloomy style of their sister's dorm room.
"And this really is what you wanted?" Henrietta asked skeptically, unbelieving Emilie could like such a gloomy room.
"You really like it that way?" Rico asked.
"Oui. I do." Emilie replied a bit shy and hesitated.
"Isn't that canopy bed a bit too large for a girl of your height?"
"No, Claes." Triela said pouting. "It's the right size, princess size! Perfect for our Emi."
Cleas shook her head. "It's just too large."
"That's just your opinion, grandma" said Triela tongue-showing.
"Etienne brought it, but I like it. It's so soft and comfortable." The black haired Belgian said blushing, lightly confused about her older sisters.

Soon after a while Henrietta and Rico left the round, they felt too uncomfortable and fled into a much brighter place, their own dormitory room.
Triela, Larissa and Claes still remained there, enjoying the tea and cake and spending time with their quiet and introverted Belgian sister in her new dark princess-like realm.
"Those kids..." Claes said head-shaking about the the two younger one's disappearing.
"Come on, Claes, ignore it." Triela patted her shoulder and grinned.
Emilie had changed from one of the chairs to her bed and now was laying there with outstretched arms.
"You really like that bed, do you?" Triela asked.
She sighed one time satisfied. "Qui, absolument." Emi replied.
Larissa stared over to the her sister on the bed. "It really looks comfortable. Seems like you can crawl easily under it and playing hide and seek." Larissa said amazed by the massive wooden frame.
Triela laughed, was amused by the comment of the young blond. "I don't think that Emi would let you play hide and seek under her new bed."

At the same time in the personnel’s canteen Priscilla and Etienne were sitting together, discussing the previous day after they met coincidentally.
"Did you meet Emi today and asked her about her new room?" Priscilla asked interested.
"Oh, I met her after breakfast. She's really happy, just embraced me and smiled." Etienne told with a smile, satisfied about his cyborg liked the make-over.
"Aww, she's such a cute girl." Priscilla said and blushed, overmanned by the feelings she had for the lovely french-Belgian girl. "Cuter than ever before."
"I'm glad she likes it that much."
Priscilla laughed. "Emi really can be happy to have a fatherly, caring handler like you. She just asked for painting the walls and received a complete room make-over."
"You know she is my most precious girl and I obtain I can everything for her. I'm owing it to her."
The friendly former police woman put a hand on his left shoulder and patted it, showing her participation to him with this gesture. "I know."
"By the way, thanks again for helping yesterday. I wouldn't have finished it that soon without your help.”
"No reason to thank me, that was an implicitness. You know, I would do everything for Emi as well as you." Priscilla said in her strict confidence while holding her wrist with the hand.
"Is there a personal reason for it? Is it related to why you're holding your wrist?" the Belgian handler was smelling it had something to do with her wrist.
"Indirectly. I really do love your Emilie, she's such an adorable and lovely girl but she also reminds me of a friend who died long ago. Her name was Angelica. I can see her spirit and her resemblance alive in Emilie." She looked down to her wrist she was holding with the other hand. "With my wrist... Well, Angelica broke it accidentally. And since she died this is the only thing that reminds me of Angie aside my memories. Maybe that's the reason why I'm holding it subconsciously each time I think about her."
"Interesting story, Priscilla. So Emi has a very special place in your heart as well as in mine. Then we are two in this." Etienne finished his sentence with a satisfied smile and raised the cup in front of him. "For Emilie."
Priscilla raised her glass as well. "For Emilie."

Emi and Larissa were at the outdoor shooting range this morning a few days later, practicing shooting. For Larissa it was the first time ever she was practicing together with others.
Etienne was just watching how Emilie was shooting, without any comment he stood there with crossed arms and observed his cyborg. Emi shoots one handed, completely focused at the target.
Larissa of course was pretty unfocused at her first practice with another cyborg. Because it was her Belgian sister she was even more unfocused and observed in her affection Emi by accident and was fascinated. "Wow, that looks awesome." Then Jean ,her actual supervisor, gave her a clout. "Hey, eyes at the target!" Larissa apologizing through her big brown puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, Sir."
Larissa was not that concentrated and had a notable streak in her target sign. As she was reloading her SIG P225 after the magazine was empty, she again observed her Belgian sister as suddenly a single bullet case hit her head. Jean of course noticed that and shouted at the young blond. “Didn't I say it?”
Larissa rubbed the point where the case had hit her. “I'm sorry, Sir.”
Jean wasn't amused by her second fail of concentration and pointed over to Emilie and Etienne who were absolutely focused at the target sign. “Look at Emilie and how concentrated she is.”

Larissa was turning back to her own target sign and started shooting. She tried to shoot as precisely as possible but because of her missing experience the streak was pretty notable. The slide slid back, her gun had went out of ammo so Larissa pressed the magazine release button but right while she was fumbling the new mag into it, she dropped the pistol out of her hand by accident. “Oops.”
Jean face-palmed and shook the head, couldn't believe the short blond girl dropped her gun. “Listen, I know it's your first time but you cannot drop your gun!” He again pointed at Emilie who was still shooting next to Larissa. “Look how a routined shooter like Emi handles it.”
Emi right in this moment just ran out of ammo with her magazine, pressed the release button, dropped the mag and loaded the next into in one flowing move.
Larissa tried another time to load the magazine in, but failed again, her hand chattered out of excitement.
Jean shook his head and turned around to leave. "Training is over, Larissa." She took her gun with the still detached magazine and followed him back to the dorm. "I'm sorry, Signore Jean, Sir." Larissa said.
Jean turned his gaze down to the short blond next to him. "You need to learn to control your gun. Before that, continuing practice is useless." He saw the expression in Larissa's face. "But good enough for your first day."

Meanwhile back at the shooting range Emilie was still practicing shooting. Etienne reloaded another one of Emi's empty Magazines and gave it in her hand as she was ejecting the old mag. "The last one for today." Emi nodded, aimed and shot the last 20 rounds.
"That's enough for today, Emi." He analyzed the holes in the target signs and was impressed. "Your skills are excellent, the stray is very low." Etienne slung an arm around his cyborgs. "You are definitely ready, ready for the mission after tomorrow.

Two days later Etienne and Emilie had been sent along with two other fratelli and some supporting agents to take care of the situation at the local charity event hosted by the Italian Prime Minister Pisano Renato. The Belgian fratello had been commanded to avoid ambushes from the inside. Infiltrade the masses, the other fratelli took position outside and observing the situation. Chief Lorenzo thought they Etienne and Emilie would be the most inconspicuous for the inside, partially based on the fact Emilie was born and raised into a wealthy family and with her distinctive elegant clothes she would totally fit into the charity event aside the fact that Etienne and Emilie easily can portray foreign wealthy persons because they both have accents.

The group stood in front of the restaurant building.
"Alright.", Jean said. "We take position at the rooftop opposite. Sandro, you take position here with Petra and observe the entrance. Etienne, you and Emilie are inside, observe the people and protect the prime minister if something happens."
"Understood." Emilie, who was wearing a beautiful black gown with a jewelry-necklace, confirmed as she had checked the loading of the small pocket gun one last time and put it into a small holster at her thigh.
Petra to Sandro, as they took position. "I still don't know why they have chosen her for that mission. Such a dress would suit me alot better!”
Sandro laughed loudly, amused by her comment. "Haha. But she has alot better manners than you, my lively redhead."
She was sulking and looked desperate away. "Hmpf..."

The two entered the restaurant and directly went to the host of the charity event, the Prime Minister Renato. The minister stretched out his hand to welcome Etienne. "Social Welfare Agency, right? I got supervised that you will ensure my protection today."
"Hello Minister Renato." Etienne said, shaking the politician's hand "Yes, we will protect you today for the case an ambush will happen."
The Minister focused the quiet girl in the gown right next to Etienne. "And who is this young beautiful lady?"
"This is my assistant, Emilie."
The minister smiled, giving a kiss at the young girls hand. "Emilie, what a beautiful name."
She dropped a curtsy as an act of politeness. "It's an honor to meet you, monsieur Renato."
"No reason to be that formal."
"Right, we join the crowd and try to find something out, minister Renato." Etienne slung an arm around Emilie and escorted her away from the minister who meanwhile was welcoming new guests.

The small purse in the hand Emilie began observing the guests, scanned them for any suspicious action, behavior or conspicuous person in the crowd of guests.
From their higher position they had a clear overview over the situation in this entrance hall.
“Lets go to the main hall, the dining room, my dear.”

In the dining hall they sat down at the prepared tables to keep in their role as guests but still watched the other guests precisely, which were filling the hall.
As they sat at the table, some of the waiters walked around and offered the noble guests glasses of champagne but also glasses of water for the non-alcoholic guest.
“Merci.” Emi said and took one glass of frizzling water as a waiter stopped and asked them. Etienne took a glass of champagne.

Some time later, as all guest were supplied with drinks and sat down on their places at the places, the prime minister stood up, raised his glass and held a speech. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen. I am proud of your countable appearance. Have fun and enjoy the event."
Emilie clapped in the hands like all other guest. "Good speech. Minister Renato is a good host." she said to Etienne.
"He is a politician like the others, doing everything for the fame."
"Isn't it the same with nearly all politicians?" Emi asked, turning her gaze over to her handler.
"It is, Emi, it is." Etienne turned around. "Okay, time to join the masses and have an eye on them."
"Understood." Emi replied, took her purse and walked to the left, while Etienne walked over to the right.

Emi wasn't very suspicious in the mass, although her distinctive dark appearance but beside that, she just appeared like a millionaires daughter with all the elegant clothes, jewelry and attitudes.
Some of the guest were accosting the black haired teen girl and she tried to stay in her role as a daughter of a rich man. Unnecessary to say it was easy for her because she already was the daughter of a rich family before and luckily her manners and behavior had survived conditioning.
She was having several discussions with various guest through the time, observing precisely their reactions.

"Hey, young lady. I think I Never seen you before. Who are you?" an old lady said to her as she saw the young black haired girl standing at a column and observing the crowd.
"Bonjour Madame. I apologize." Emi started as she made an obeisance as an apologizing gesture in front of the lady. "My father and I just moved over to Rome. So I am really sorry if I’m unknown to you, Madame."
"What a well behaved young lady. Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh." She took a sip from the glass champagne in her hand. "I hope you're enjoying the event."
Emi did a bow and replied in a formal way. "Oui Madame, I do."

Etienne met his cyborg after the lady, who had talked to Emile, disappeared some time later. "Hey my dear." He gave her a little kiss on the cheek. "Nothing special till now." he said.
"Same over here. All people I talked to, seem just to be normal citizens." Emilie replied.
"We just have to wait and be aware. The information just said that an ambush will happen, not if it's coming from outside or inside."

Etienne observed his girl precisely, particular her clothes and jewelry. "You never have looked as good as today."
She blushed a bit by his compliment. "Thanks for the compliment, Père. I had that outfit just in my wardrobe."
"Where did you get that dress from?" Etienne asked interested because he never had seen it before.
Emi blushed lightly. "Priscilla bought it for me the last time she took me to the city."

Emilie observed a waiter who left the kitchen and serving the dinner. The man in the red vest was behaving unnaturally odd, clumsy and nervous. “Look, this waiter behaves odd.” she said to her handler and pointed at the man in the waiter uniform.
Etienne took a closer look and recognized the silhouette of a gun under the shirt of the man. “I see what you mean. And this one additionally seems to carry a gun. Let's stop him!”
They stopped the one waiter, Emi draw the small Beretta Tomcat from a thigh holster, pointed it at the mans head. "What have you planed? Tell it!" Etienne shouted
He did a fast move, kicked the gun out of the girls hand, took out an own pistol and started shooting at Emi and Etienne. Etienne ducked to the right, Emi jumped to the left trying to reach her gun and took it. The man in the waiter's uniform spoke to a walkie-talkie while he tried to escape. "Our defilade is ruined. Plan B, attack, attack!"
Emilie who had started chasing the man shot into his direction and pierced the walkie-talkie to cancel the connection but too late, he already had informed his comrades.
Suddenly an explosion outside happened, the glass of the window burst and all guest began fleeing in sheer panic. Etienne into the micro at his wrist. "An ambush has occurred! They're disguised as waiters!"
Emilie ran over to the minister who had hidden under the table. "Minister Renato, you're in danger."
Emilie saved the surrounding as Etienne kneed down. "Minister Renato, that's an ambush. We escort you to your car."
Right in this moment Ferro's voice sounded to Etienne's and Emi's earpieces. "The minister's car had been blown up. Hold on a moment, we send the van instead."
"I just got informed the original car is destroyed. We have to wait for replacement." Etienne said to the Minister and his wife.
The young cyborg girl meanwhile had flipped a rectangular desk to make a coverage and was saving the surrounding. Three men entered the hall, shooting in the air and bring the fleeing people under control. "Three men with rifles, we have to withdraw and escape."
"Right. Follow me!" Etienne who had meanwhile taken out his FiveSeven ordered the prime minister and his wife. "Emi, give us fire protection if necessary. Save our backs."
"Understood."
Etienne ran into the kitchen, closely followed by the minister, his wife and Emi who cleared their backs.
"We exit through the delivery entrance at the back." he said into the microphone. "Jean, Rico, three men are following us with MPs."

They walked through the kitchen. Etienne instinctively took the right way while running and cleared their way.
"Hurry, we get chased!" Emi shouted and tried to shoot the armed man who was following them. "I stop him!" she said and ducked behind a stainless cooking oven.
The man hid behind the corner as Emi shot two rounds trying to kill him but he opened fire on her and she ducked down on the ground behind the stainless oven. "Ugh.", she said silently. Suddenly the fire stopped, the guy had went out of ammo, Emi realized her chance and jumped toward the man, trying to beat him with her clenched fists.

Meanwhile Etienne had reached the delivery entrance and checked the situation. "The van is ready, waiting at the parking lot." Ferro's voice sounded in his earpiece.
"We are at the delivery entrance." He risked a glimpse through the door as suddenly two guys opened fire at the heavy steel door. "Two men are in my way and attacking us." he said into the micro. "I need support!"
Rico was on top of the roof of the neighbor building and looking through the scope of the Dragunov sniper rifle. "I see them." she said.
"Fire!" Jean ordered her. Rico aimed and bang, the first man caught a head-shot. The second man stopped firing, not realizing what happened, but right in this moment Rico aimed and shot him between the eyes. "Cleared." she said.
Etienne opened the door again and risked another glimpse. "Situation cleared. We leave the delivery entrance." Etienne tossed the door open and pointed at the parking lot. "No matter what happens, keep running till you reached the van."
The minister took his wife's hand and started running. Etienne was running next to them, observing the surrounding for threats but they reached the van without getting attacked again. The minister entered the van with his wife, Etienne closed the door and with smoking tires the van left the scene.
"The package has left, I repeat, the package has left." Etienne phoned the others.
"Roger, we cleared the situation at the front.", Sandro's Voice sounded.

Jean was ordering Rico to lock and putting away the gun. "Situation under control, all enemies have been erased. We return from the roof."
Etienne nodded towards Jean who was looking down at him from the roof. "Roger."
He turned around and entered the building through the delivery entrance. He was so driven by adrenalin that he hadn't lost any thought about his cyborg since she stopped at the kitchen but now that he calmed down he started thinking what happened to her.
Right in this moment she came around the corner, with some scratches but alive. "Situation cleared." She said, lifting the skirt of her dress, exposing her right leg to put back the gun into the holster.
"What took so long?" He asked his lightly deranged girl and stared for a moment speechless at her. Her hair was tousled, the dress was a bit dirty and she had a few scratches. Then he suddenly grabbed her and embraced his cyborg. "I'm so happy nothing happened to you."
"Sorry, another man came into the kitchen after I killed the first one." Emi didn't realized what happened and just answered to his question although he was embracing her.
"I'm so proud, Emi."
The lightly deranged girl was perplex, did not knew what she should answer and so endured his embracement speechless.
"Come on, let's go home." he said and directed her back to where they came from.
In the main hall, where all guests were some of the the agents already had taken care of the frightened guests and calming them down as Etienne and Emilie left the building to return back to the dorm.

Inside Jean's car Etienne and Jean were discussing the previous events. "I already assumed that the waiters would be the padanians." Jean said.
Etienne nodded confirming. "Me too. The guests were a complete different number."

A row behind Jean and Etienne, on the backseats, Emilie and Rico were sitting. Emi just sat there and said nothing but Rico watched her. "Everything okay with you? You're so quiet.", she said with a concerned undertone in her voice.
"I am okay. But within the trouble I lost my purse." Emi looked a bit sad outside the window of the car, watching the buildings passing by.
"Oh no. That beautiful jeweled black purse?"
Emi just nodded confirming but stared out of the window.

Back a the dorm Emilie walked to her room, took off the gown, slipped into a black dress and inspected the gown. "I hope the laundry is able to remove the dirt."
Suddenly somebody knocked at the door. Petra opened it and entered the young girl realm. "Hey, goth-girl, here's your purse." She threw the black thing with the butterfly made of jewels on it towards the black haired girl, who wasn't able to catch it in her perplexity. "You should care a bit more of your things." There was a notable subliminal anger in her voice. Although it wasn't her own decision, Petra was still a little jealous at Emi that she got got chosen for that mission.

In the evening she was staying in Etienne's room. Together they were sitting on his couch. He had slung his arm around her and was cuddling his beloved Emilie. Her head rested on his shoulder and she was holding a cup and just enjoying a raspberry-flavored black tea.
“Are you satisfied with my work?” She asked a bit unsure.
“Yes.” he said, wondering about her question.
“Did I do my job right? Did I prove that I’m capable again?” she asked, concerned about her situation, being back into work after a long period of incapability.
He smiled happily, fondling her head and suggesting her his appreciation. “Don't care about that, you showed us more than we expected from you.”

-END-

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 17:12

Emilie makes dark and gloomy uplifting. She surely gets a lot of attention from the staff and the other girls. Its good that they all think she's special, and not put off by her differences. Under it all, she's a little doll, eager to please, and despite everything, able to lighten the lives of those she knows.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1881

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 18:44

And so the adventures of Emilie continue. I don't have much to say except that it was nice seeing Emilie get back into action this chapter.

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 19:14

@Thescarredman wrote:Emilie makes dark and gloomy uplifting. She surely gets a lot of attention from the staff and the other girls. Its good that they all think she's special, and not put off by her differences. Under it all, she's a little doll, eager to please, and despite everything, able to lighten the lives of those she knows.
Embarassed
W.o.w... yeah, that's what I was gonna say too... really.
sweat
(Damn that's good)
Emilie the Goth Cyborg, just too cool.
Shit, I wish, I mean really wish Aida had made her so I could've seen her on TV.
It's thee best compliment I can give anybody.
Way to go Schas! Outstanding.
head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 7:43

Princess Noir
Sorry it took so long since your PM. I haven't had a lot of time for reading or writing fiction lately, but hopefully I'll be catching up soon.

Nicely done as usual...it started a bit slowly I felt, with a lot of detail about clothes and Emilie's moods, but there were good details to build on. I think knitting is a great choice of hobbies for Emi...it suits her well.

When the action finally did begin you kept it fast & intense...not drawn out too long. When you mentioned the Prime Minister's charity event I thought this might be the chapter where Emilie sings in a chorus. Are you still planning on doing that story?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:16

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Princess Noir
Sorry it took so long since your PM. I haven't had a lot of time for reading or writing fiction lately, but hopefully I'll be catching up soon.

Nicely done as usual...it started a bit slowly I felt, with a lot of detail about clothes and Emilie's moods, but there were good details to build on. I think knitting is a great choice of hobbies for Emi...it suits her well.

When the action finally did begin you kept it fast & intense...not drawn out too long. When you mentioned the Prime Minister's charity event I thought this might be the chapter where Emilie sings in a chorus. Are you still planning on doing that story?
I decided to keep this chorus/talent show singing for a later point.
In fact I already have an idea for it.

Thanks for the comments, Voodoo.
I thought knitting would be fitting Emi's noble attitudes.

By the way, did you notice her birthday? It's on a very interesting date.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 22:19

@Schaschanist wrote:By the way, did you notice her birthday? It's on a very interesting date.
Valentine's Day, right? Or is there some other significance to February 14th?

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 1:48

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Schaschanist wrote:By the way, did you notice her birthday? It's on a very interesting date.
Valentine's Day, right? Or is there some other significance to February 14th?
Jepp, Valentine's Day is Emilie's birthday.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 26 Nov 2016 - 16:53

Well, it's been some years of silence and other projects as well as a job-search but lately i gotten back into mood for Emilie and her complicated life.

This one is a short chapter, see it as a filler or Prologue, bringing new changes. Hope i didn't fucked up too much  sweat

...Reunions...

One sunny day in spring this year Emilie woke up, slipped into some clothes to go to breakfast. As she went to her mirror to brush her hair she noticed something unsual. "What is that?" she said as she took a closer look, inspecting her single forelock streak. Though her hair was always raven black the hair of her streak began growing a light grey hairline out. "Am I really getting grey hair there? Am I seeing right?"
She couldn't believe that suddenly her hair was greying out.
"Oh no, I have to consult Bianchi and Etienne after breakfast and report this."
She went downstair to the dinning hall where Triela was already sitting and having breakfast herself. Emi took some food and sat opposite her older sister.
"Good morning, Emilie." she said. "How are you?"
"Not so well."
"Oh. Is it maybe related to that grey hairline in your forelock?"
She nodded approvingly.
"Why do you get grey hair? Girls our age aren't supposed to have grey hair this early."
It was obvious Emilie was lightly distraught by that sudden appearance of grey hair in her perfect black shock. "I don't know."
"Did you tell Etienne already?"
She shook her head.
"Don't worry too much about it right now. Speak with Etienne about it and have the doctors have a look at it. Maybe it isn't something serious."
The belgian sighed. 

After breakfast she went to her handlers room. 
"Père, I have to speak with you." She said. She pointed at her streak. "Look."
Etienne noticed the grey hairline she was pointing at. "How did that happen?" he asked. "Weird. Lets have the doctors inspect it." He stroke her head, trying to comfort her.

Down in the basement, they both visited their trusty doctor Bianchi for a report.
She sat down on the chair in front of the doctors desk. Bianchi inspected the girls streak and the rest of her head, and asked a few questions. "Did you notice any white spots in the skin on your abdomen or limbs?"
She shook her head.
"Have you noticed grey hair anywhere else? Like under the arms or below the belt?"
She blushed a bit but again shook her head.
"Right, i have a light clue where this might go since a friend of mine had a similar case but lets have our dermatologist better check it." He took his phone and called his colleague. "Could you please come over and have a look at something? I'm in my office."
He turned to the two belgians. "If my clue is right you might not have to worry about something serious."
The dermatologist arrived. He turned to the young girl and inspected her precisely. "Fascinating."
He ordered the shy belgian to take off her blouse to inspect the rest of her body. Etienne turned around, covered his eyes. "Emi, do as he say."
She blushed heavily, but unbuttoned her blouse. "Okay..."
He inspected her back and limbs precisely. Luckily he found nothing else so Emi could take on her blouse again.
"Good news, i think its just a case of poliosis prematura." 
The two belgians didn't get the meaning so he explained further. "Poliosis is also knows as 'white forelock syndrome' or mallen streak. It's a partial albinism, a decrease or complete loss of the color-giving melamins of the hair, usually occuring with the forelocks but also in the eyebrows or any other body hair, like pubes."
"Is it affecting somethin in any way or has side effects?" Etienne asked concerned.
He patted Emilie's head, who had already taken on her blouse again. "It's nothing to worry about usually. Observe how it's developing, how much of the hair loses color and if white spots appear on your skin. Though i have to admit, it's not easy to notice on your pale skin." he said with a laugh.

Both took some weeks off to refresh and clear their minds.
Emilie and Etienne were chilling in his room this evening some weeks later, watching a belgian movie like they often do. 
Etienne noticed how Emilie was plucking the streak with white hair.
"Is it bothering you much?"
"No, i just still cannot understand why this has to happen to me." She sighed. "I am already quite unusual but now i'm getting even more special and conspicuous."
He stroke her head. "We just have to wait if there are more changes in a while or if that's all." He smiled. "But whatever may come, i love you and always will love you."
The young belgian smiled back, patting him on the hand. 

The next day Etienne woke up the sleeping girl in his bed who had stayed overnight as she often does lately. He had slept on the couch and while she already were walking in the dreamy lands he thought about Emilie and other things.

"Come on, my sweet, get up." He said and opened the jalousie, letting the sun reaching his beloved Emilie. 
"How late is it?" She was rubbing her eyes.
"It's 6am. Please, Emilie, get ready. We're going to fly over to belgium for a vacation."
Emilie of course was immediately fascinated by that, stood up. She quickly walked to her dorm room, packed a few things together, took a fast shower and slipped into some fresh and fashionable clothes, a book and her plushy Tux.
Around 9 o'clock they left the empty swa facility and headed to the aiport for their trip into their homeland.
They checked in, took their seats in the plane and waited for the take-off.
"Where do we go in Belgium? Do you have something special in mind?" 
"That's a little surprise." He said with a smile.

In Belgium arrived Etienne ordered a Taxi.
Finally Arriving at their destination, a house in the center of Gent,  Etienne held back his Emilie, lowered his voice to talk to her discretely. "Emi, there we are. But first, let me lead the talk and just react to my statements okay? I'll explain it later."
Emilie was lightly confused but nodded approvingly. 
Ding-dong the bell sounded, a older man with greyish hair opened the door, and immediately welcomed Etienne. "Welcome my son, we awaited you. Please enter. 
Both entered the door and in the hallway they were welcome by a woman with greyish hair. "Welcome Etienne, my son. Haven't heard or seen you for a while."
Both of them then noticed the young black haired girl behind him. "And who do we have there?"
"Mum, Dad, that's the daughter of Ellyn,  your granddaughter Emilie."
Both where perplex about this statement, but immediately welcomed the young girl into the family and embraced their granddaughter. "Welcome Emilie." Her grandpa said. "We heard what happened. Poor thing." 
"How do you cope with the loss of both of your parents, honey?" Her grandma asked worried.
Being good in acting Emilie immediately reacted to her grandparents. "Thanks to Etienne who took care of me after i'm fine."
Etienne smiled. "Since she lives with me everything got better. She's a big girl now." 
As Emilie was for a moment in the bathroom Etienne took the time and talked to his parents. "Please, if it's not to difficult, could you don't mention Ellyn or the explosion? Even if she's a big girl it's still grinding on her."
"Oh, I'm sorry. It's okay, i can understand it. We will stop asking about it."
"Thanks."

Emilie came back from the bathroom. Her grandparents gestured her to take place between them and so she did. "We are so happy to finally meet you."

After a while she switched over to Etienne and was laying in his arm.
"Seems like you two get along very well." Her grandpa said commenting his view.
"Etienne is like a father to me since he took care of me, and even more father to me than my father ever was." she said.
Etienne didn't showed it outwards, but he was amazed about this statement, not knowing it was the pure truth she spoke out by herself.

As Etienne and his mother were in the kitchen to do the dishes she was talking to him. "She look so much like your sister Ellyn. But what about the white hairline?"
Etienne was drying a plate. "Well, that... It started a few weeks ago, It's a disorder called 'poliosis'. Basically it's just local loss of melamin in the hair, as the doctor told us. It's harmless."
"Oh, okay." She said wondering. "Is she coping it well?" 
He nodded. "At first we were both unsure but since the doctor said it's nothing serious she started getting used to it. The doc said we could overdye it, but Emi refused and prefered to keep it like that."
His mother were obviously relieved hearing that. "She's really a big girl."
His father had listened to that conversation from the doorframe for a while. "Emilie is really cute, she's got a lovely character."

As all were back in the living room Emilie pointed in the corner were an old piano was standing. "Mind if I play on it?"
"That old thing? Sure." 
Emilie sat down on the bench and played some keys to get a feeling for it. "A little bit mistuned, but i can get along with that." She started playing a dramatic but epic song, both her grandparents were just listening in cheer astonishment as she also began singing to the music.
"I'm speechless!" The grandfather said.
Even the grandmother of her was speechless, just smiled overhappy their only grandchild is such a talented person.
"She has the voice of an angel."

In the later afternoon Etienne decided to take a walk through the city with Emilie since she's never been to their family's hometown anytime before. 
His parents decided to stay back at the house, baking a cake for their granddaughter.
On their walk Etienne was talking to her. "I'm happy they like you so much."
"Me too, they are both such nice and loveable people." She was looking around the streets, watching the buildings and people passing by. "I've never been here but it feels kind of familiar."
"Maybe it's because our familie's origins are here." 
"That might be it." She said. She cuddled closer to his beloved father-in-law slung the arm around him as they were walking.
He noticed her clinging and also slung his arm around her. So they walked together arm in arm for a while.
"I really thank you for taking me on this trip, Père. I appreciate what you're doing for me." 
He gave her a kiss on the cheeck. "You're in a special condition right now and i would do everything, plus, hey, they're your family, too!"

After the few days of their trip, the two were about to leave belgium. His parents brought them to the airport, and were saying goodbye to them. "Bye Etienne, i would be glad to hear more from you time to time." His mother embraced her son.
"And Emilie, don't make yourself crazy. You're still so beautiful and have so much self-esteem." His father embraced his granddaughter for a last time. "We will always love you how you are!"

Inside the plane  on their flight back to italy the two were talking.
"Opa is right. I made myself crazy. I have to look forward, have to live with my condition and make the best of it."
He smiled at her.  "Main thing is you have to feel happy with yourself. Ignore other's opinions and just do what feels best to you. Dye it or keep it, up to you. I will love you either way."

Back at the agency, she left for a walk by herself, rethinking the past days in belgium. 
She sat on a swing in the early evening, the sun already had set and now the sky was overfilled with stars. She saw up to them as she was sitting there in thoughts. "Sigh, Oma and Opa are right."
She finally had accepted her special uniqueness, the fact her forelock might stay white forever from now on, but refuses to redye it black.
For a while she was staying there, had swung a bit, lost in thoughts until somebody brought her back. 
"There you are, Emi." Etienne sat down on the swing next to her. "I knew you were here."
"Etienne, Oma mentioned something similar happened in her family, though it was directly at birth and not like me in puberty and she also said my mother started to get grey streaks lately, too." She sighed. "I guess that's a proof we are family, right?" 
He looked over to his niece. "Well, did she tell you Ellyn and I weren't in close contact?"
"She did." Emilie stroke through her forelock. 
For a while they silently swung slowly until Emilie broke the silence. "I'm glad you took care of me. I wouldn't have been as happy with my parents as i am with you."
"How do you mean that?" He was wondering about that sudden statement by her.
"I don't know much about my former life or remember much of my parents, but what i remember is that they never really loved me nor paid much attention to me at all, no matter what i did, even after my suicide attempt."
He was both, really suprised but also quite shocked about her revealing. "Emilie..."
She suddenly reached over to him and embraced him. "But only you, Etienne, truly love me, and care so much about me at every time." She was still embracing her beloved uncle. "You and Oma and Opa, you are my family." She whispered in his ear. "Why didn't you introduced me earlier them?"
"Emilie, try to understand, within the SWA it's not that easy. Especially if they find out you regain memories."
She was looking into his eyes closely, touching his cheeks with her hands. "I would never betray my dearest, never, Père. Even you weren't aware of how many memories i regained after reconditioning."
He sighed, finally giving up by her gaze of her lovely blue eyes. "Sigh, i guess it's just another secret just between the two of us, right?" 
She began smiling happily and hugged him tightly.

This evening both spend time together in his room, strenghten their bonding by cuddling while watching an belgian movie this night until both fell asleep in each others arm.

Several weeks had passed by and meanwhile the white had swept along the forelock she ususally tugs behind her left ear and her characteristic forehead streak and changed the raven black into a light-greyish white.

They both were for a last check-up again in the basement.
Etienne was talking with the doc about the whole thing. "How does something like this even happen? I still don't get it."
"Usually it's a hereditary defect or mutation of one genome with people who was born with white streaks or spots. But others think traumatical stress can causes this as well." 
"I only knew that from older people." "Intrestingly it's basically quite similar, or more a kind of poliosis, but usually affecting all hair and not just the forelock or some sole spots."
"Is there any cure for it?"
The doctor sighed. "Unfortunately since it's a genetical defect not, only cosmetical solutions, like dyeing affected hair or special balms for white spots on the skin."
Emilie for herself already has decided several weeks ago in Gent. "I don't want to dye, I.... want to keep it like that." she said, clinging to the white streak in her hands.. "I'm starting to like it that way, the others like it too and even say it's suiting me."
"I'm on her side too." Etienne protected his niece. "If is no treatment necessary, then i don't see any reason to change it. Let it be like that."

On a beautiful, sunny day some days later Emilie and Etienne were in the city of Rome for a stroll, walking along the windows of the small shops and boutiques in the streets.
She wore a knee-length dress with a turtleneck shirt beneath. They stood in front of a new shop, called 'Hot Topic'.
She inspected the shop window closely till she found something her taste. 
"Let's get in." She said and dragged him into by the hand. 
"I don't know if that's really a suitable premise for a girl your age." He said.
She smilled. "Trust me, Priscilla and I already have been here several times."
Inside the shop the saleswoman behind the counter welcomed the two belgians. "Hello there. If i can be of service, just ask."
Etienne checked the young woman. "These are some rad tattoos." he said to himself.
Emilie turned to the left and was looking through the inventory, checked some dresses and coats, also some boots and accessoires until the saleswoman, how was strolling through the shop to be of service, spoke to the young belgian. "Cool white streak. Gives you that distingtive elegant Cruela-DeVille-look." She commented as some other customer called for help. 
Emilie blushed lightly.

They left the shop a while later, packed with bags stuffed with a pair of new boots, a dress and some accessoires. "Not my kind of shop but nice." He said outside.

While they strolled down the streets both got a bit hungry and thirsty and so decided to stop at a café to take a coffee and some pieces of cake. 
Some of the pedestrians were staring at the young girls hair as they passed by but Emilie for herself ignored the confused and sometimes disgusted looks of them and just enjoyed the tiramisu and coffee in front of her as she already decided to don't care about other people's opinions anymore.

Some time later as they had finished their break both went to the trevi fountain. She stared at the ancient fountain for a while, reminding how she broke up with her love. "I hurt him so much..." She said to herself as suddenly a well-known voice caught her attention.
"Emilie? Is that you?" He ran over to her, embraced her heartily. 
Etienne felt like he was the fith wheel here and left around the corner. "I'm in the near if you need me..."
Emiliano embraced her a second time. "I really, really really missed you, Emilie."
She looked down to the ground. "I'm really sorry for last time we met. I have hurted you."
He looked her deep in the eyes. "I know you well enough to know you didn't mean it." He said. "I've already forgiven you."
"You did?"
He embraced her a third time, now even tighter. "Of course, i did." As he was hugging her he suddenly gave her a short kiss on the cheek. 
She was surprised.
"I'm sorry, Emilie... I was just missing you that much." He tried to explain. "By the way, cool what you did with your hair."
"You really like it?" She asked concerned.
Yeah, it really suits you."
She suddenly embraced him and whispered into his ear. "Kiss me again... but this time more gently..." 
As he was sharpening his lips and about to kiss her cheek again she turned the head so his lips were meeting with hers.

After a moment of pressing her lips on his ones she drew back suddenly, realizing what she just did. "I'm sorry, I don't know what have gotten into me."
He smiled. "It's alright, it wasn't bad after all."

After a while of just holding hands, staring into each other's eyes and just enjoying the near of the opposite one after such a long period of absence, they let off of each other. "I'm sorry, but I have to leave know." He said. "Let's continue where we stopped next time we meet. Maybe we have more time then. 
He left off, waving his hand while he was walking away slowly. "Bye Emilie, See you."

As he had left Etienne appered behind Emilie. "Seems like he haven't given up on you since that day."
Emilie was surprised and lightly shocked about his ghost-like appearing. "Père!"
She sighed. "I'm so glad he still loves me after what I've done to him last winter..."
He patted her head with a smile.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 13:55

What did she do to him? I missed that, or else it's been so long between chapters that I've forgotten... Embarassed
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1881

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:20

@Thescarredman wrote:What did she do to him? I missed that, or else it's been so long between chapters that I've forgotten... Embarassed
Well, it's been 2 or 3 years since my last installment, but lets say she kind of broke up with him when she was mentally unstable due to her medication and caused nightmares.

Though she got reconditioned and forgot about that evening she meanwhile regained some memories (even due to her medication) but hid it till then, also towards Etienne.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum