Cyborg Movie Night

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cyborg Movie Night

Post by Alfisti on Thu 3 Feb 2011 - 2:06

@tremec6speed wrote:Maybe in the bin list of movies Dr. Bianchi might have a problem with could be any in which 'the establishment' is the foe and those who oppose it are the heroes and heroines that win out in the end.
So there goes Star Wars, Equilibrium...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Thu 3 Feb 2011 - 7:21

Ferro: Child's Play...I'm not even gonna bother reading the specifics on this one...banned.

Bianchi: Hold on a moment, Milani - remember our cyborgs' personalities. This could be useful reinforcement therapy.

Henrietta: Eeeeeeeeeeek! He looks horrid! I don't ever want to do something that makes me turn out like that!

Bianchi: See what I mean?

Marisa: WOW! Look at those scars! He really looks tough! Can I have some? Please? Look, I know that the budget is tight, don't heal my injuries and we've save on reconstruction!

Ferro: Okay, they're banned again.

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Thu 3 Feb 2011 - 15:27

@Professor Voodoo wrote:I can see Henrietta being absolutely terrified by campy horror flicks...

I can see Henrietta being terrified by the Flying Monkey's in The Wizard of Oz.

Jose: (looking through a telescope lens) Look Henrietta. You can see Orion...Henrietta? Is that really necessary?

Henrietta: (scanning the sky with her P90 at the ready) Don't worry Jose! I won't let them take you away.

She stoops and picks up a large water balloon from a stack at her feet and tosses it to him.

Henrietta: Here. Take this, just in case.

Jose closes his eyes and rubs his temples

Jose: I'm sure she can survive one little rewrite...

On my own OC's, Ana would probably be on the same page as what Voodoo outlined for Marisa: Action. Lots of it. With an emphasis on swords. Kill Bill, The Lord of the Rings, The Last Samurai, etc. The biggest difference between her and Marisa would be a huge weakness for the Drama in the movies. No matter how cheesy.

Watching "The Matrix: Reloaded"

Marisa: So she's not dead now. Great. Can we get back to the shooting please?
....Ana are you crying?

Ana: (rubbing her eyes furiously)There's popcorn salt in my eye!

theprodigalson

Forum Posts : 436

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 12:19

@Nachtsider wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned Lolita on the banned films list yet.
The 1962 Stanley Kubrick version (banned because it pissed on Nabokov's masterpiece) or the 1997 version with Jeremy Irons (banned because it does justice to Nabokov's masterpiece)? Either way...too late, Britney has seen them both.
@tremec6speed wrote:Think (Marisa'd) like any of the old Sinbad movies?
(Like the Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, that kind of flick)
Just curious Smile
Oh yeah, definately...add it to her Netflix list.

Marisa: So when do we get to fight a giant bird?

Triela: We could break into the Rome Bioparco after hours and let you get pecked by the ostriches I suppose.
@Robert Frazer wrote:
Marisa: WOW! Look at those scars! He really looks tough! Can I have some? Please? Look, I know that the budget is tight, don't heal my injuries and we've save on reconstruction!
Probably accurate...although despite her tomboyish behavior Marisa still thinks she is girly & demure. Perhaps some temporary scars that can be removed & replaced as her mood suits...
@theprodigalson wrote: Ana would probably be on the same page as what Voodoo outlined for Marisa: Action. Lots of it. With an emphasis on swords. Kill Bill, The Lord of the Rings, The Last Samurai, etc.
Marisa: Don't talk about The Lord of the Rings around me, okay? I'm reading the books first and I don't want to blow the ending.

Ana & Marisa will have to book the dorm TV room one Friday evening for an all-night swordplay film-festival. One movie both Mari & Elio can agree on is the 2005 Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven. Would Ana be willing to add that to the list?

(Voodoo hides in his bunker anticipating a full blown thermonuclear Orlando Bloom fan-girl freak out from Triela)

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 18:38

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Ana & Marisa will have to book the dorm TV room one Friday evening for an all-night swordplay film-festival. One movie both Mari & Elio can agree on is the 2005 Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven. Would Ana be willing to add that to the list?

Large groups of men shouting "God's will be done!" while killing each other with sharp objects and large engines of war? Ab-so-lutely.

However...

A furious Ferro strolls into the break room and dumps an armful of shattered mops, brooms, and tree limbs onto the floor.

Ferro: Anyone care to explain this?

Nikias scratches above his eye with a thumb pointing suspiciously at Elio Alboretto.

theprodigalson

Forum Posts : 436

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sage44 on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 22:18

My cyborgs stupid love's in movie

Orchard & Michel: We went to a Theater to see joyful noise.
Orchard: They cussed 16 times.
Tiler: You... Counted?
Orchard: Yes
Michel: Well.... my glasses recorded the whole thing... and can be put on a projector. LET'S GET IT STARTED IN THIS * beep sound * !!!!!!!!!!!
Brent:MICHEL!!!!!!!!!

* in other room a big scream comes in *

Venus: I SAID I WANT TO SEE PAINT IT FREAKING WHITE FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richardrella: WELL I WANT TO SEE SPY KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! * gives Venus 3DS * WHY DON'T YOU JUST SEE THE STUPID SERIES OF HETALIA!!!!!! IT'S BARELY 2 HOURS... AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT PAINT IT WHITE'S 2 HOURS.
Lebie: Just to say.... ummm... Spy kids is shorter then ...
R&V: QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richadrella: WE ARE WATCHING SPY KIDS
Venus: OK IF I DON'T GET TO WATCH WHAT I WANNA WATCH I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE LEG AND GO HIGHER INTILL I GET TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richardrella: DARE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * fight starts happening and it gets louder then Nadia and a few other cyborgs join the fight, yelling and screaming * sissy slapfighting
Lebie: QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* The all girls look at Lebie *
Lebie: There OK WE ARE WACTHING PAINT IT WHITE AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venus: * silent yes *
Richardrella: DANG!!!!!!!!!
Nadiyah: Well... just to say... is it funny at all that Lebie said quiet right in all the cumotion.
Venus: What ya mean?
Nadiyah: Oh nothing....

After that Spy Kids and Paint It White were banned IF they are playing at the same time... 1/4 chance though.

Michel hates romances ( Not including JN ) and anything were girls with short hair are teased.
Orchard has a strict thing about hilarity's. The men can not dress up as lady's.
Venus loves anime movies. The reason why she with A-Wall when Richardrella did not want to see PIW.
Richadrella loves Actions.
Fillala,not like her sister, loves romances.
Nadiyah loves anything, especially when the main characters a little girl.
Lebie loves anything with music.

All the girls were taken to see Red Tails. ( Well all who were allowed to come to America )

* Before Movie *
Jean: I want you girls to have the same devotion to the SWA, and your handlers as the pilots in the movie had to America.
* After Movie *
Etta: What are Gerry's?
Michel and Orchard: Oh for the love of.. German Nazi's...
Etta: What are Nazi's....
* Everyone turns to Jose *
Fillala: Hey I have an Idea. Why don't we give the Padania a nickname.
Michel: Paddy's?
Fillala: Ok!
Orchard: Did anyone see the German Soilder say " My God! Those pilots are African "
Triela: Yup... yup I did....
Venus: I laughed a bit when he said that. I haven't laughed in so long...
Spoiler:
Lebie: WHY DID LIGHTING HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS GOING TO MARRY SOPHIA AND LIVE IN ITALY AND HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!!
Richardrella: Well atleast J.R lived
Lebie: * beep * J.R

sage44

Forum Posts : 72

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 0:35

So while looking at this thread again, I've noted that no one's really mentioned documentaries. If there is one that should definitely be in the SWA film library (especially for the F1 crowd), let it be 'Senna'. I have actually watched this recently, and for a documentary, it certainly ran me through an entire range of emotions. It is deserving of all the praise heaped upon it, and it is a worthwhile watch for both car people and regular folks. In fact, I think for the crew of Top Gear Italy, it should be required viewing at some point as a group. And then on a free weekend with no missions or training, a trip to Imola would be in order to pay their respects at Tamburello Corner and drive the track to get an inkling of what Senna had faced in the days before his fatal crash.

On a less somber note, another good documentary is 'Love The Beast'. Starring actor Eric Bana (with appearances by Jay Leno, Jeremy Clarkson, and Dr. Phil McGraw), the film follows the 25-year history Eric Bana had with his first car, a 1974 Ford XB Falcon Hardtop and its conversion into a race vehicle for the Targa Tasmania, and the documentary also explores the relationship some people form with their cars. Laine would likely appreciate it for the muscle cars, and Allison would likely agree with the whole idea that cars can, to certain people, be more than just a means of transportation.

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 6:44

Hmm, I've still yet to see either... I know however that the Old Bloke wasn't a great fan of the Senna movie, considering it overly biased toward Senna and unfairly critical of Alain Prost.

I'll reserve judgement untill I've seen it myself, but for now... I consider him a pretty good judge on this sort of thing.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 15:26

Hmm... i think the Jason Bourne trilogy also is on the ban list, i can imagine what happens when they saw the three movies in one turn.
Cyborg 1: "Daddy, what is my past?"
Handler 1: *stammering* "Oh shit."
Cyborg 2: "I need to beat the agency for what they done to me!"
Handler 2: * trying to stop his cyborg* "Stop it!"
Cyborg 3: *lost in thoughts* "This Jason Bourne is such an attractive man..."
Handler 3 *snipping in front oh her eyes* "Hey, come back."
Emilie: *sitting in the back right corner, head laying on the desk* "Zzzzzzz..."
Etienne: *trying to wake her up* "Hey honey, wake up."

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 6:54

Speaking of documentaries, several years ago there was a series called 'The Secret Life of Machines' which explained the mechanics of many common items.
Rico: Uh, Jean? I gotta feeling our cover's blown. The jig is up, I think they're on to us.
Jean: Ok Lorenzo, I got yet another one for the 'no-no bin'....
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 on Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 10:51

Kiyra. *watching Ghost in the Shell* uh... R....... Ryu, their cyborgs right....... uh....
Ryu. dont worry their a good ten years in the future anyway, Batou would pop you head open like a zit though..... oops
Kiyra. *Whimpers*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---/\---
---\/--- If You
---[]--- Support METAL
---[]--- add the GUITAR to your
--/[]\-- page
-/._. \-
/_/ \_\
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:06

@MP5 wrote:So while looking at this thread again, I've noted that no one's really mentioned documentaries.
The initial scenario put forward was that the 'borgs are chosing a movie strictly for entertainment. While we adults might find documentaries entertaining I dare say the young cyborgs might feel they're a bit like school.

That said, I think the girls (particularly the younger ones) would be enraptured by nature & animal docs. Well executed ones like Discovery/BBC's Planet Earth and Blue Planet are probably popular titles in the Section Two DVD library.
If there is one that should definitely be in the SWA film library (especially for the F1 crowd), let it be 'Senna'.
I hope to see it soon. It's now available from Netflix but I'm waiting until my Father (also a huge racing fan) has a free day off so he can watch it too.

If you're looking for another well delivered motorsports documentary...one that will keep your non-race fan friends interested too I recommend Dust to Glory. Definitely worth a look.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:26

@Professor Voodoo wrote:If you're looking for another well delivered motorsports documentary...one that will keep your non-race fan friends interested too I recommend Dust to Glory. Definitely worth a look.
Speaking of movies, one perhaps for the speed freaks and bike fans (if it hasn't been mentioned already) would be The World's Fastest Indian... which is a damn good movie, motorsports or no.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 6:32

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:If you're looking for another well delivered motorsports documentary...one that will keep your non-race fan friends interested too I recommend Dust to Glory. Definitely worth a look.
Speaking of movies, one perhaps for the speed freaks and bike fans (if it hasn't been mentioned already) would be The World's Fastest Indian... which is a damn good movie, motorsports or no.
I've actually had non-biker friends of mine come up to me and say "Hey...you ride motorcycles, right? Have you seen that Anthony Hopkins film...the one about the old guy and his 1927 Indian?"

Yes I have. It's an excellent film...I only regret that it didn't get a wider or better promoted US release. If it isn't in the SWA library I'm sure Elio has made his personal copy available to any wishing to borrow it.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 9:08

@Professor Voodoo wrote:If it isn't in the SWA library I'm sure Elio has made his personal copy available to any wishing to borrow it.

I have a feeling that Adeline will probably take great interest in that movie, then.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 3:04

Well, Clarissa would be into watching action movies as well as sci-fi/fantasy ones that are action packed like the Star Wars movies, the Matrix Trilogy, Lord of the Rings, etc. She'd want to watch them with her friends though as she's a sociable girl.....

As for Anastasia, she's into a mixture of romance movies and ones involving intrigue and mystery. Like Clarissa though, she likes watching movies with her friends but also with her handler.
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 6:03

I was watching the 1993 film Gettysburg the other day...in my opionion one of the best historical/war movies ever made.

For non-US residents;
Spoiler:
The Battle of Gettysburg (Pennsylvania), July 1st-3rd 1863, was the pivotal battle in the US Civil War and the bloodiest 3-days in American history. The film does an incredible job of re-enacting the entire conflict as faithfully & accurately as possible.
It got me thinking; how would the cyborgs react to a film that is morally ambiguous? Both sides of the battle are presented sympathetically, with no clear good-guy or bad-guy. Would that be confusing to them or would they just take it in stride...their own lives being something of a huge "gray area."

How about the Agency? In Chapter 2 Hillshire expresses concern about sending the girls on a morally ambiguous mission...how would Sec Two feel about allowing the girls to see a movie with no clearly defined right or wrong?

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 3:14

If it hasn't been said already, V for Vendetta is a great movie. I can imagine it having a special reaction on some of the girls. Honestly, I don't think it would be allowed viewing.
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 11:16

Rico would run around the compound with a Guy Fawkes mask for at least a week.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 17:08

How about a 'Killer Waif' marathon? Leon, Hanna, ... any others?

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 21:42

Ayden: I wanna be the girl from the horror movie Ginger Snaps
Henrietta: Why, because she's powerfull and scary?
Ayden: naw, 'cause it reminds me of food!
Henrietta: oh, good grief....
(Peanuts is allowed)
Smile

Last edited by tremec6speed on Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 17:18; edited 2 times in total
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 4:09

@Professor Voodoo wrote:It got me thinking; how would the cyborgs react to a film that is morally ambiguous? Both sides of the battle are presented sympathetically, with no clear good-guy or bad-guy. Would that be confusing to them or would they just take it in stride...their own lives being something of a huge "gray area."...

...How about the Agency? In Chapter 2 Hillshire expresses concern about sending the girls on a morally ambiguous mission...how would Sec Two feel about allowing the girls to see a movie with no clearly defined right or wrong?
Ok, second attempt at answering this...

I think there's a difference between what the viewer sees as a moral grey area and what the girls are likely to see as a moral grey area, we get to see the human side of the Padania fighters, the cyborgs rarely if ever see that, they're just told they're the enemy. A few are probably aware that the people on the other side are exactly that: people, but hey: that's the sort of slack brainwashing is there for. Leading on from that, I'm equally sure at least a few of the older girls have some comprehension of the moral greyness of what they do (offing witneses and the like), from memory Triela has shown an inkling of this and I know Monty's perfectly comfortable living in her perpetually grey world. Linking back to the previous argument though... the Padania are the badguys and for those capable of perceiving such ambiguity, the end of destroying the Padania probably justifies the means... assuming "the agency/my handler says" isn't enough motivation.

Ok, movies... with that in mind, I should think the Agency would prefer the girls to see shows with a defined good and evil... preferably where the girls could relate to the "goodies". If a certain amount of greyness crept into the "goodies" action, then as long as it was the correct sort of grey (see: ends justifies means) then that probably would be acceptable, if the girls could relate to the good guys being cut up about needing to do something "bad" in order to win may be a different matter.

I think however the Agency would prefer that the badguys always be unequivicably evil (and preferably not a government).

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 2:54

@Professor Voodoo wrote:I was watching the 1993 film Gettysburg the other day...in my opionion one of the best historical/war movies ever made.
Excellent flick Voodoo. I’ve got it on tape and have probably watched it a dozen times. Of course, Britney wouldn’t have any interest in it.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 17:21

On second thought, having posted that Peanuts is allowed may not be quite right.
Jean: Jose I want all Peanuts movies, TV specials and books removed.
Jose: You're kidding right?
Jean: See for yourself.
Jose:..........

Last edited by tremec6speed on Sun 18 Mar 2012 - 0:13; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 13 Mar 2012 - 11:41

@MP5 wrote:If there is one that should definitely be in the SWA film library (especially for the F1 crowd), let it be 'Senna'. I have actually watched this recently, and for a documentary, it certainly ran me through an entire range of emotions. It is deserving of all the praise heaped upon it, and it is a worthwhile watch for both car people and regular folks.
Finally saw it.

As I said, I was waiting until my Father & I both had time so we could check it out together. That was a good choice...the two of us would have driven any other person completely crazy with our constant pausing and rewinding of the film so we could pick out small details or discuss how we remembered those days.

My favorite part had to be those videos of the drivers' meetings. None of us got to see those two decades ago when all that was happening. I'm sure the FIA has all that material archived in Paris...I'd love to spend an entire week in that library.

Marisa: I could help you break in, Mr. Voodoo.

Voodoo: I might take you up on that offer.

Elio: Stop being a bad influence!

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 on Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 17:48

Abigail has a wide range of movie interests and would prefer to watch with a few friends and/or Leonard

she loves comedy because of the laugh factor, action films are ok but they lose their flair when you have lived through some of the scenes, mushy feely love and romance, she doesnt mind but she will not admit it to anyone as of yet. horror films used to scare her until she learned from her father a trick to dealing with them, she routes for the monster or serial killer then it becomes an action suspense film, she just has to remember not to cheer when the cheerleader gets her head cut off , weird looks.

air popped popcorn is a must with any movie, with extra butter and just the right amount of salt, also a must is hershey bars that she dips into melted peanut butter. oh and don't forget the pillows and blankets to make a fort out of.
dragonfire238

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : all

Original Characters : -Abigail-cyborg/daughter -Leonard Casey- handler/father

Comments : a wise man once said "goo goo ga ga"

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 2:01

let them watch the JU ON(the grudge) movie..they will scared shitless...

*after watching ju on movies marathon*
Henrietta: that was scary though......
Rico: is it? i love the movies though ^_^
Soni: well,it's a pathetic story to me....
Beatrice:what is scared?
*suddenly the saw a figure with long hair walking slowly towards them*
All of the girls: OMG GHOST!!!!
Triela: *brushing her hair to the side* it's me ^_^ you should see on your face just now

Henrietta: Triela, That's mean!

*another figure walk by the window with long black hair*
Petrushka:okay Freccia,stop it...it's not a joke...we knew already..
Freccia:i'm here....*all the girls look to her*
Petrushka: then claes?
Claes:here.....*all girls looking to her*

the next day,all of the girls (even Beatrice)got fever for unknown reason.....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 12:45

KuroNeko wrote:let them watch the JU ON(the grudge) movie..they will scared shitless...

*after watching ju on movies marathon*
Henrietta: that was scary though......
Rico: is it? i love the movies though ^_^
Soni: well,it's a pathetic story to me....
Beatrice:what is scared?
*suddenly the saw a figure with long hair walking slowly towards them*
All of the girls: OMG GHOST!!!!
Triela: *brushing her hair to the side* it's me ^_^ you should see on your face just now

Henrietta: Triela, That's mean!

*another figure walk by the window with long black hair*
Petrushka:okay Freccia,stop it...it's not a joke...we knew already..
Freccia:i'm here....*all the girls look to her*
Petrushka: then claes?
Claes:here.....*all girls looking to her*

the next day,all of the girls (even Beatrice)got fever for unknown reason.....

It was probably Marisa taking advantage of the mission supply closet, or maybe Rachel she seems like the type to do that

actually I wouldn't put it past Abigail, she loves pulling pranks where she knows she won't get caught, she will let it stew for a week before apologizing in the most innocent way possible

Abigail- looks sad as she walks down the hall and kicks the ground with a huff I never get invited to the movie nights she walks by the mission closet -evil smile-

a couple hours later as she is removing her costume- ha ha ha that will show them

Leonard- standing at the door Abigail what did you do

Abigail- Nothing Very Happy feeling a little queesy.

Leonard-
dragonfire238

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : all

Original Characters : -Abigail-cyborg/daughter -Leonard Casey- handler/father

Comments : a wise man once said "goo goo ga ga"

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 14:01

(Outside the Cyborg Dormitory, Kara walks around the perimeter of the building in a light rain)

Kara: "Who was the wise-ass who locked the front door!"

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 21:58

@Kiskaloo wrote:(Outside the Cyborg Dormitory, Kara walks around the perimeter of the building in a light rain)

Kara: "Who was the wise-ass who locked the front door!"

*the next day*
Yuki: i don't give a single DAMN care what happened that night....
Henrietta: *mumbling*
Kara: *after woken up* hey Henrietta, what's wrong with you?
Henrietta: *shocked* GAHH!!! a GHOST!!!!!
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 23:23

Somehow I see this happening...

*Dusty kicks open the TV room door carrying an old laserdisc player and three LP-sized laserdisc movies.*
Dusty: "I got Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing and a fifth of Jim Beam. It's John Carpenter Night!"
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:04

@Good ol Boy wrote:Somehow I see this happening...

*Dusty kicks open the TV room door carrying an old laserdisc player and three LP-sized laserdisc movies.*
Dusty: "I got Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing and a fifth of Jim Beam. It's John Carpenter Night!"

Kara: "Shotgun!" (jumps on the couch)

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:35

@Kiskaloo wrote:

Marisa: (watching with rapt fascination) Wow...I had no idea Kurt Russell used to be cool.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:37

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:

Marisa: (watching with rapt fascination) Wow...I had no idea Kurt Russell used to be cool.

Dusty:
"Yeah, lots of things were cooler back then."
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 13:35

I'll just leave this here and let you draw your own conclusions.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 13:48

@Professor Voodoo wrote:I'll just leave this here and let you draw your own conclusions.

Kara: "And I am outta here!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 13:54

@Professor Voodoo wrote:I'll just leave this here and let you draw your own conclusions.

Either this is epic or just an epic fail.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 3 Jan 2013 - 21:57

@Professor Voodoo wrote:It's Friday night...no classes or training tomorrow so your OC cyborg feels like staying up late and watching a movie.

Mercedes wouldn't just try and get a few people together to watch a movie with her (she's a social person), she would get EVERYBODY. Cyborgs, handlers, support staff, doctors. Anyone that could make it. The room with the piano would quickly be turned into a home theatre with Mercedes' laptop conected to a projector. Knowing that they would all hhave different tastes, but could all understand English (I assume anyway), she would pick a movie that never fails to make her laugh, a movie she has yet to see anyone watch without being ammused. Monty Python's Life of Brian. When one of the adults tries to protest that this is anapropriate for teh cyborgs, Mercedes will put foward several logical and thought-out arguments that they cannot defeat and silence them.

And all food is accepted, except Mercedes herself would sit at the back with Jaffers to throw at people.

Victoria on the other hand would put something that she can watch while doing maintenence on her weapons in her room. Possibly a David Attenborough or Stephen Hawking doco (she likes to learn).

Vic would have her usual food; 'borrowed' red wine and cheese on crackers.

Tsuki has never seen any movies, though I imagine she would enjoy The Lord of the Rings and other movies set in "medievil not-europe".

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 2:02

Troma!

Considering some of Troma's esteemed titles have included "The Toxic Avenger" and "Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town" or... the last one of theirs I watched: "Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter".... which involved Jesus fighting scantilly clad lesbian vampires... this sounds pretty par-for-course.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 2:22

Henrietta: Jose! What are they doing!?!

Petra: Being boring.

Claes: I don't know what's more annoying, this film or you two.

Rico: *munches on popcorn* Needs salt.

Claes: Make that you three.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 15:35

Every girl in the dorm would be down with "The Professional."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0d--nXqK6A&feature=player_embedded#!
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1888

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 5:23

I'm not sure exactly which movies my characters watch, but I would know that being intimate with how fighting works in reality can ruin some really good action flicks xD

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of : N/A

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 10:13

[youtube][/youtube]

Surprised no one mentioned Bladerunner, short lived military killing machines,need a really big gun to kill them,but still human at heart

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 14:39

On that note,

taerKitty

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 15:54

Great flick (from a nostalgia angle). Used to have a LaserDisc of it.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 5:13

On the subject of banned movies... probably should keep "Legend of the Drunken Master" away from any girls looking to learn martial arts...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 10:50

@Alfisti wrote:On the subject of banned movies... probably should keep "Legend of the Drunken Master" away from any girls looking to learn martial arts...

Any Jackie Chan movie should be kept away from the girls. Wink

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 11:48

after watching Ruruoni kenshin 2012 movie, i quickly thinked about Jeanne and Ai XD

maybe that movie should be banned for them....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 22:05

A&A have had a regular movie night since a couple of months after she was activated, and Avise felt that he needed to do more social interaction with his ward... again, something to be written up in a story *eventually*. They snuggle up together under a blanket on the couch in his accommodation with the DVD player and a bowl of popcorn (it's Agapita's job to pick all of the crumbs out afterwards, one of the advantages of conditioning). Avise likes to watch spaghetti westerns for their home-grown action-adventure, and heist movies because studying the plans of the capers makes him feel smarter.

As for Agapita's own tastes... I recently watched Event Horizon and I get the feeling that it's something that might resonate with her. I don't think that she would be a fan of horror movies in general, but Event Horizon specifically with its scientific setting being subverted by atavist spirituality that surges with dark malevolent power, might forment something by brewing together the religious aspect of her human self and the killing-machine aspect of her cyborg nature. It has been established in previous stories that Agapita derives a certain, not pleasure, but satisfaction in effective violence (for instance, she likes to do them execution-style when she can).

Last edited by Robert Frazer on Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 8:13; edited 1 time in total

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 1:04

Wow, Agapita likes to do execution style when she can.......
Kinda scary, I wonder how the girls feel about that.
(prolly don't talk about it much, at least not in front of her)
If they do, I imagine it might be something they might try to work into a conversation.
Henrietta: Nice shirt Agapita.
Agapita: Thank you, I've owned it for 6 months now.
'etta: Oh...... yeah, just noticed it.
Agapita: k.
'etta: Um, I was just wondering er,
Agapita: Yes?
(Rico walks in)
Rico: Hey Agapita, Marisa says you like to off the bad guys execution style?
Henrietta: ...ugh.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 10:45

Jim would usually pick any motorsports movies, much like Ron Howard's Rush or the documentary Senna (which by the way, was the only movie that made Jim cry near the end). He and Jamiebel, though, will absolutely not stand any horror or scary movies; anything with zombies, sharks, vampires and the like killing people is an instant no.

They will watch with anyone who does want to watch (namely, Allison, Kara, Davina, etc.) and they have gone to the public theater before in their youth. Popcorn and snacks: a must for them.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 452

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 2:43

In the case of those movies that didn't make it past Ferro's filter...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 5:37

@Alfisti wrote:In the case of those movies that didn't make it past Ferro's filter...
Ticket Clerk: That man sure did have a high pitched voice for someone that big.

Snack Counter Clerk: And why did he need 3 buckets of popcorn?

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 7:13

Having not seen it yet, and going simply by anecdotal evidence, I'd say the Mad Max: Fury Road theme of "WITNESS ME" would resonate rather vividly with the girls...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content