Outfits for my OCs

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Outfits for my OCs

Post by Alfisti on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 3:40

@ElfenMagix wrote:Problem is, as we discussed in the chat room with MP5 as couple of days ago, dresses dont have pockets. Some skirts do but not dresses. I'll leave it at that for now.
Well, it is actually possible to get a dress with pockets, though I doubt it's done much at the cocktail dress/evening gown end of things.

The problem with putting pockets in a dress is that a dress relies on the cloth it's made from to give it form and volume. The moment you throw something mildly heavy in a pocket (say... a loaded firearm) it roots the fall of the fabric. Not only does that make the dress look silly, but also advertises to everyone in the area that you're carrying something moderately heavy. The way around that I guess would be to suspend the pocket from something like the waist, but it'd be a special build.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5765

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 16:35

@Alfisti wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Problem is, as we discussed in the chat room with MP5 as couple of days ago, dresses dont have pockets. Some skirts do but not dresses. I'll leave it at that for now.
Well, it is actually possible to get a dress with pockets, though I doubt it's done much at the cocktail dress/evening gown end of things.

The problem with putting pockets in a dress is that a dress relies on the cloth it's made from to give it form and volume. The moment you throw something mildly heavy in a pocket (say... a loaded firearm) it roots the fall of the fabric. Not only does that make the dress look silly, but also advertises to everyone in the area that you're carrying something moderately heavy. The way around that I guess would be to suspend the pocket from something like the waist, but it'd be a special build.
I given up that idea to carry the gun in a pocket.
I wrote she is carrying it in a thigh-holster but i'm considering by the way the option of carrying it in a handpocket.

Actually it does not really matter where she is carrying it, because she has to use it anyway.

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 16:52

Wearing a dress like that even at 13 it wouldn't be to out of place for a small purse into which a small gun could fit

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:45

@Awinnell wrote:Wearing a dress like that even at 13 it wouldn't be to out of place for a small purse into which a small gun could fit

I think i'm more going with the holster at the thigh but giving her a purse/handbag/handpocket just to complete the outfit.

Oh yeah, this purse just only need a strap made of silver and i'm picturing her in my mind carrying it in the armpit (like girls carrying purses/handbags).
The only thing that now is missing are earrings or ear-jewelry (silver with diamonds or such) to fullfil the appearance.

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 22:14

@schaschanist wrote:Emi is not an undeveloped girl like Rico or Henrietta, she's more in growth and development like Claes and Triela (maybe that's the reason why she is so family with them, especially after conditioning.

I'm often compairing Emi with Claes and say she could pass as her slightly younger sister, with lighter curves and smaller breast, plus she's unnotable shorter.

I would dare to say while Claes is appearing more end of 13/beginning of 14, Emi is more appearing like beginning 13.

Sorry for that bit off-topic, but i hope you understand now how i'm imagining Emilie'physics.
Its not off-topic. It shows more details in what Emi looks like, and thus fitted with clothes and other items, you can guess what she actually looks like.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 5:34

@schaschanist wrote:I think i'm more going with the holster at the thigh but giving her a purse/handbag/handpocket just to complete the outfit.
A thigh holster is probably the best bet. The problem with a clutch is that in the heat of the moment it is liable to be left behind. I'm sure if Emi needs to get her gun out, flashing a bit of leg is going to be the least of her worries Razz

The clutch is nice, I personally thing patent leather is better suited to dressy occasions, but each to their own.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 6:29

I second what ElfenMafix said, the more detail the better to bring the girls and their handlers to life.
As for a holster on the thigh coupled with a fairly long dress, might that not slow down the heroine a bit in the heat of battle?
(quick draw, fast response I mean)

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1975

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 5:13

Shoes for Emilie. I think these suit every occadion, work, freetime, charity events as well plus they also match her usual gloomy.but elegant style.

http://www.labeshops.com/image/cache/data/shoes/maryjane-05-b-900x900.jpg

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 10:49

I've got to admit: I've never been much of a fan of rubber soles on dressier shoes, too chunky.

That said: Emi's of an age group where she can get away with it.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 10:59

@Alfisti wrote:I've got to admit: I've never been much of a fan of rubber soles on dressier shoes, too chunky.

That said: Emi's of an age group where she can get away with it.
Honestly, I don't see Emi wearing pumps or other stylish high-heel shoes (even if she's in an age where she could).
She's not really that kind of girl in my eyes. sweat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 23:24

@schaschanist wrote:Honestly, I don't see Emi wearing pumps or other stylish high-heel shoes (even if she's in an age where she could).
She's not really that kind of girl in my eyes.
Oh I can't picture her in heels either. I guess, to me at least though, if you have a nice dress with nice shoes... having a thick rubber sole sort of clashes... it's why I always buy dress and work shoes with thin leather soles. Admittedly that's mens' shoes, but the theory is the same.

But as I said: at 13, Emi can get away with it Very Happy

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 15:36

Some clothes for "Goth-Emilie":

Really girly coat for cold wintry day

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/Morning-Fairy-Designer-Kurzmantel
I can imagine her in that coat together with Triela and Hillshire on their day off trip. Perhaps with outstretched arm looking into the sky and spinning around, letting the sun shine on her.

My second favorite of the few i found:

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/Fairytale-Pixie-Coat-Wolle-und-Cashmere
I really like the bow in the back. I can imagine her in that coat together with Triela and Hillshire on their day off trip.

How about a dress like these?

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/Kuro-Lolita-Kleid-mit-Satinband
Something short for summer or for just wearing whenever she likes it..

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/Romantic-Guinevere-Satinkleid
A formal but gloomy dress for occasions like balls or charity events.

Last edited by Schaschanist on Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 0:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : broken links)

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 17:23

Cool clothes, the last in particular is interesting to me. I can picture Emilie in action persuing The Five Republics with those black see through sleeves. Most intriguing.
tremec6speed

Male

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 16:01

How about as lace choker for Emi?

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/accessoires/gothic-halsschmuck/gothic-spitzenhalsband-schwarz-ms196.php

A black bolero with trumpet-sleeves made of velvet:

Source: http://www.black-impressions.de/gothickleidungdamengothicshop/oberteile/darkromantic/bolerojaeckchensamtschwarzc387v.php

"Romantic Goth" seems to be more or less Emilie's style, gloomy and dark but also with a distinctive touch of elegance. sweat

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 20:08

I imagine Emilie among several goth young people under cover. Dante himself could walk past her, yet never in a million years would think that among that group exists one of his arch enemies.
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 17:46

@tremec6speed wrote:I imagine Emilie among several goth young people under cover. Dante himself could walk past her, yet never in a million years would think that among that group exists one of his arch enemies.
Emilie is so much standing out that she is totally unconspicious. sweat
Nobody would think about her being an female assassin.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 20:13

All this new stuff (I hesitate to call it "Gothic" because to me it seems more influenced by the Victorian era than Medieval times) is a far cry from the original mission outfits you designed for Emilie. Everything has its place of course according to mission demands, but I wonder what kind of outfits Emi prefers when she's just lounging around the dorm...

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 0:53

@Professor Voodoo wrote:All this new stuff (I hesitate to call it "Gothic" because to me it seems more influenced by the Victorian era than Medieval times) is a far cry from the original mission outfits you designed for Emilie. Everything has its place of course according to mission demands, but I wonder what kind of outfits Emi prefers when she's just lounging around the dorm...
Most of this stuff either is what she wears in freetime or what i would like her to wear.

Fact is that the gloomy side of her is developing and figuring out more with time and now after second conditioning this side (and part of her former self) finally broke through.
But no reason to be afraid or scared. She obeys all orders by Etienne and no matter how "dark" she appears, she is a good girl, introverted but very friendly.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 7:57

@Professor Voodoo wrote:All this new stuff (I hesitate to call it "Gothic" because to me it seems more influenced by the Victorian era than Medieval times) is a far cry from the original mission outfits you designed for Emilie.
I fear you may be getting confused between the "Gothic" style (mmm... flying buttresses) as commonly found in cathedrals throughout Europe and the Gothic fashion/lifestyle movement which has little to do with the former. One involves stonework, the other is more of the black clothing, pentragrams and minimal exposure to sunlight persuasion.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:51

@Alfisti wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:All this new stuff (I hesitate to call it "Gothic" because to me it seems more influenced by the Victorian era than Medieval times) is a far cry from the original mission outfits you designed for Emilie.
I fear you may be getting confused between the "Gothic" style (mmm... flying buttresses) as commonly found in cathedrals throughout Europe and the Gothic fashion/lifestyle movement which has little to do with the former. One involves stonework, the other is more of the black clothing, pentragrams and minimal exposure to sunlight persuasion.
In Germany the difference between those two is easier to see, the medieval building style usually used for cathedrals and churches is called "Gotik" over here, while the dark musical/social/cultural subculture is called "Gothic" oder "Goth".
See the difference?

When i say "gothic" or "goth" (better here) I mean the subculture.
"Goth" is a pretty sloppy word for this subculture. This culture has alot more facettes than you may think, romatic goth, vampire goth, victorian goth, steampunk, cyber goth, everything is "goth" by general describtion, but each subsubculture is a culture of it's own. Even the "perky goth", a general happy and bright kind, counts as goth.
By the way, the "trad goth" ("traditional goth") like you know them back from the early 80's (Bauhaus, the Cure) are part of this culture, although it originally has developed from the punk movement of the 80's!

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 14:39

Well, since it became nearly winter I made thoughts about winter clothes for Emilie and found some nice (nearly perfect fitting) pics within the manga I'm currently reading
[/URL]
A sailor-dress (in the case of this pic it's a school-uniform) with a bow, black tights, Mary-Janes and a scarf.
The scarf is self-knitted by Emilie.
Perfect for early autumn or spring-time.

[/URL]
Same outfit but with a dark gray jacket.
For later autumn.

For winter Emilie goes with the classic long wool coat in trenchcoat-style and long (knee-length) skirts and/or dresses. Additionally knitted tights.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 12:16

Well, Emilie likes her sailor-dress (or school uniform), but it was a pain to get it.
And now the just normal "daily madness" on a shopping trip with Priscilla...

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 13:35

lolz Emilie with a school uniform is cool (it is black after all) Wink
She is kind of introverted right? So I imagine just going shopping might be somewhat difficult for her?
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 14:36

@tremec6speed wrote:lolz Emilie with a school uniform is cool (it is black after all) Wink
She is kind of introverted right? So I imagine just going shopping might be somewhat difficult for her?
No, but it's difficult when shopping with Priscilla, she tends to use Emi as a dress-up doll sweat

Emilie is cool with it, since Priscilla is one of the very few persons she trusts completely the young girl enjoys to spend time with her.
To name them, Priscilla, Triela and to a certain degree Dr. Bianchi are few exceptions, and of course her beloved Pére Etienne. To all others she's pretty distant and reserved.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 15:04

Ah ok, I stand corrected. Emilie as a dress up doll?
Too cute! head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Mon 26 Nov 2012 - 19:12

@tremec6speed wrote:Ah ok, I stand corrected. Emilie as a dress up doll?
Too cute! head bang
Yeah, but she's fine with it and even likes it.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 9 Dec 2012 - 13:26

I'm sure, not to say convinced, Emilie would even wear this outfit occassionally.
Emilie Addams Razz

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 20:20

Well, since Emilie is like a real lady or stereotypical wealthy daughter Etienne finds it funny to stuff her with new stuff matching her attitudes.

This time he bought a very retro-styled (victorian?) nightgown for their next vacation in a lovely, very old mansion in Belgium. In the middle of the night she wokes up from a noise and left their room to look where it came from.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 21:19

Excellent!
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 7:47

Well, it's been a while since i posted here the last time, no time or energy due to work and exams.

While reading i stumbled across some pictures and had immediately to think of Emilie since she really enjoys cooking and baking:

Guess for who she's baking.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 16:31

Cool! I can picture that!  head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Sign of live by Schaschanist....

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 13:51

Being absend for a long time, i restarted working on my fiction, and as usual, or more matching the title I again introduced something new.

For those who already read my shorter chapter, or more prologue, Emilie started growing a white forelock/streak, a so called "mallen streak" caused by something called poliosis prematura, a hereditary local loss of melamin in the hair and/or skin.

Well, so since I haven't drawn anything for years now unfortunately i just edited my pictures of Emilie to get the rough idea visible.

For later chapter, as for being undercover for social events or for visits to the opera i tried to figure out how to either hide, or even better, accentuate her poliosis-hair i stumbled across an musician on a stroll through Rockabilly music and fashion.

Her name is Imelda May, is from Ireland and featured a dyed streak, rolled up to a typical-rockabilly-hairstyle. That's pretty much how i would imagine how Emilie would accentuate her trait.

Correct me what's right here, but translating it from german i get several words for that hairstyle "Haartolle":
Quiff (brit.), Pompadour (which seems to bee the most common word), Cockscomb, Cowlick

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Sun 4 Dec 2016 - 0:33

Glad to have u back , Schaschanist . 

...And you too , Emilie .

"Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? "
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 434

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 0:11

Echoing Lyndist's comments, I too am glad to see you back as well as Emilie. The new look is a great addition.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 3:54

I'm glad you like the new look, though it's a hereditary flaw, and not something she has done by herself. 

Currently i'm trying to figure out a way how she gets in touch with Imelda May's signature look.

For those who want to hear Imelda singing, there is a Les Paul tribute by Jeff Beck with her, along with other great musicians. 
Also, one of her song in a unfortunately baad quality.

I really like the outfit she's wearing here, would even suit Emilie i guess.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum