Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Thanatos on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 8:59

Second episode subbed by The Triad.

Gonna check it out and post my impressions later.

Thanatos

Forum Posts : 140

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 17:40

Awesome, I'm acquiring it as we speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 19:20

I really really really want to like this new series Sad , but Marco voice on Helium and all the new costume, face design, iris size, tone, and emotion expression on Triela and Hillshire just don't do it for me.

EDIT: to be fair, Triela with her hair down in ep. 1 did actually look like her manga-vol3-to-5 self. Kudos to the animator for that brief precious scene. What is it really that makes thedifference :iiam: the eye brow? the pensive expression, aaaah, angst ! angst!

OTOH, I thought Pino and Aurora are drawn and voiced rather nicely. Good atmosphere, too. Perhaps that's because I never saw these two outside the manga. hmmmmmm, that must be it, gotta forget everything from season I in order to enjoy this season. However, I'm begging all the powers that be, if they're going to animate the flashback of Hillshire, Rachelle, and Triela, I hope there's a sudden budget increase right there and then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 19:28

Do you believe in providence? 'Caus that's the only thing that can save us now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 20:11

BrynTheSkits wrote:
@Thanatos wrote:
What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

What about the girls ticked you off exactly?

Except for a overly "moe-ish" Henrietta, i thought the girls were spot on.
Softer faces, and yes, overly moe Henrietta.

hmmm, from that scene in the manga with her swaddling in Jose's tshirt, I've always seen her as 'moe-ish.' So I thought her gestures in 2nd season is spot-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:28

you know how I said I could forgive the art if the story became more Gunslinger girl? Well I can forgive most of the art in the second episode for not being as awesome as season one. The only thing that really broke it for me was Marco's voice. Well, what are you going to do?

Anyway that brief moment moment where Rico is showing off her MG3 is totally awesome. The only real question left is can they fix the combat as well. I'm willing to bet the action we see in episode three will be way better then what was in episode 1. So yeah I have hope again, this season can still be good.

One last thing, I like Angelica. I can understand them saying, wait no Angelica isn't dead, our bad. Still though it does feel to me like a cop out.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:31

@wasyhuu wrote:
BrynTheSkits wrote:
@Thanatos wrote:
What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

What about the girls ticked you off exactly?

Except for a overly "moe-ish" Henrietta, i thought the girls were spot on.
Softer faces, and yes, overly moe Henrietta.

hmmm, from that scene in the manga with her swaddling in Jose's tshirt, I've always seen her as 'moe-ish.' So I thought her gestures in 2nd season is spot-on

For her to make those weird noises as well? That's soooo not Henrietta like.

I saw screenshots from the 3rd episode (Triela vs. Pinocchio Round 1) I thought it looked awesome... and of corse I saved evey picture of Triela onto my computer. ^o^ I can't wait to see it animated (youtube hurry up!!) Soooo... I hope this episode doesn't disappoint...

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2723

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:39

Watching ep 2 right now. So far there's some hope. The eyes are still big, and the art not as detailed as it could be, but there is some atmosphere, and purpose to what is happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 22:14

Ok, time for first impressions.

The beggining was actually quite good. Reasuring anyway. It slowed down later, but I think I can watch the series now (after ep1 I had my doubts).

Some random observations:

Art berable, and, at times, good at giving the series back its texture.

Franca seems a lot softer both in her looks and manners then I imagined from the manga.

Yeah, Marco's voice is strange.

Hillshire appears insanely tall in that one scene next to the door. He would have to bow his head to get through.

The ear (that Triela ponted out) looks even weirder when you see it in the episode rather then as a screen cap.

I don't like the Rico design in s2. :-(

Did Jean pat Rico on the head in the background when Marco and Hillshire were talking? (Can't wait for her to fire that MG3.)

Tirala, at the end, is in the classic innocent school girl pose (from top fiddling in the dirt with her foot).

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 22:31

Jean did touch Rico on the head, it might have been a pat. It also could have been the lightest hit I've ever seen. Or perhaps he simple put his hand on her head like he did in episode three of the first season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 23:00

I can't wait to see Rico and her mighty Rheinmetall on-screen.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 7:18

Ok... just to get things straight:

Where can i see ep 2 with eng subs. ( i can only dabble in jap. and when i do all i manage to say is "nandesuka?")?

Is ep 3 out yet?

What time does il teatrino air in Japan?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 7:26

@West Nile wrote:Where can i see ep 2 with eng subs. ( i can only dabble in jap. and when i do all i manage to say is "nandesuka?")?
First, readup on bit-torrents, and then µTorrent, then download µTorrent here.

Then get the torrent from this site;

http://a.scarywater.net/triad/

@West Nile wrote:Is ep 3 out yet?
I think so, isn't subbed yet.

@West Nile wrote:What time does il teatrino air in Japan?
I have no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 8:52

tnx Smile

as for the animation i have always considered season 1 an anime above the rest. GSG 1's animation was just sooo cool. Now i feel like watching "an anime" of GSG, sounds pretty weird but it seems like that. Rico and Angie are a lot more adorable. Henrietta and Triela lost weight. Claes is sick. the handlers... found the fountain of youth. Lorenzo... should die any second now.
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:00

I get what your saying, we all do, most if not all of us feel the same way.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:06

wait, where can i see ep. 3?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:14

I THINK it is out, IDK, go and internet for the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:22

According to a blog, Ep 3 is out, obviously not subbed...I, well, won't spoil anything.

And, I might as well chuck my thoughts on the series so far in as well.

I do prefer the first series- it had a much more melancholy, noir-esque feel to it, and I liked that. The characters were well-depicted, and the musical score was impressive and well-fitting, very much so. The graphical style was superior, too...but my opinion on Il Teatrino isn't totally negative. Sure, it's far more...well, bubbly than the first in art terms, and there have been disliked changes (I'm not that fond with switching all of the voice actors myself) but it's still a fledgling series.

Criticize me if you will, but there's still the future to look forward to.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

*Runs and hides.*

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:31

Living in a country where 70% of the people are in poverty (im pretty well off thou) and where my internet disconnects every 2 hours is not helping my chances of finding the 3rd episode. could ya spare me the torture of waiting for youtube and just spoil it? Smile)
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:44

Whoa, carry it to PM's, most if not all of us havn't seen episode 3yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 9:46

...O, for i while there i thought i was the last guy who hasn't. there was talk about screen shots and everything already...
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 23 Jan 2008 - 1:41

@West Nile wrote:Living in a country where 70% of the people are in poverty (im pretty well off thou) and where my internet disconnects every 2 hours is not helping my chances of finding the 3rd episode. could ya spare me the torture of waiting for youtube and just spoil it? Smile)

It had a Youtube link here,somewhere at the 5 or 6 pages.

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 23 Jan 2008 - 8:06

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 1:22

Thanks West Nile...

not bad...not bad at all. The blushing scene with the wine and her coughing sound were adorable, and it's just as painful as the manga to see the spunky lady uses regression to deal with severe anxiety...

Gah, the way the animators made the scene ie. Triela's looking at Hillshire's wound then turned to damsel-in-distress is just like Henrietta and Jose. I guess Thanatos is right...afterall, they're both still conditioned albeit at min level.

I almost choked laughing with Hillshire's reloading skills and situational awareness....and uh, the fight scene comes right out of a storyboard. Either that or they truly want to illustrate tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, and time dilation during violent confrontation 👍

oh, and this comment from a blog cracked me up. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Sure, the fight was badly animated, but at least some thought was put behind it, compared to some other series which have characters just throwing fireballs at each other without any tactic whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 1:51

oh yeah... Rico's not the only one with WILD HAIR in season 2:

Draghi could almost be in DBZ...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 2:33

Pfft! I just had this freaky image of what other hair styles they could of done to our beloved cast. I want to see Jean with a faux-hawk!!! lol.

((Severly off topic I know sorry! But I was listening to 'Stronger' by Kanye West on my iPod while looking at your awesome Rico-centric signature and it created an awesome effect hahaha. I'm a dork I know.))

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 4:23

I did say in a previous post that my cheap DSL disconnects every few hours. Well it did last night so ironicly im just about to watch the episode now lol.

by the way, when Triela leaves the room in the first scene Claes said something to herself (or maybe the teddybears) what was it?

And are the voices and flashbacks in this scene supposed to reference some stuff from season 1. (Henrietta and Triela's voices sound like the time Triela and Henrietta were talking in season 1 episode 4. and the scene where Triela and Hillshire are arguing over a dead body may have been the opening seen of episode 4 as well) im not sure im just guessing thou
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 9:04

@Sintendo wrote:So now that episode one is here, post your thoughts on it.

My thoughts:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GUISEPPE?

My god... he's become SO EMO that he reverted to his youthful days as a happy-go-lucky COLLEGE STUDENT!

yeap everyone has changed in this anime

almost all the girls now have large and bright eyes lol it makes them cuter but it kinda spoils the tension in the story (if it ever has some yet another factor it lacked)

but still it has potential and would be watching it btw third episode just came out and watching it now

oh yeah the second opening owns the first season opening (i reckon) and would download it soon

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 9:30

AnimaticallyInsane wrote:

yeap everyone has changed in this anime

almost all the girls now have large and bright eyes lol it makes them cuter but it kinda spoils the tension in the story (if it ever has some yet another factor it lacked)

but still it has potential and would be watching it btw third episode just came out and watching it now

oh yeah the second opening owns the first season opening (i reckon) and would download it soon

Brighter eyes, new animation, all japanese songs & titles (i miss d italian ones), sensless insertions of certain sounds (i was watching episode 3 and there was this anoying chime sound after certain white outs, what the hell is that?!) then there was that weird zoom in on the gunman's berretta in episode 1... yup this is not Gunslinger Girl that i first identified with (season 1 was an anime like no other)... this is Gunslinger Girl the anime (the regular anime style that is) lol. o well, being able to see the manga come to life is enough of a bonus for me (i was really anticipating the part where Henrietta clutches Joze's polo, see Triela with her hair down, and see Triela be emo over being beaten by Pino, and actually see Pino in action) yup im happy over il Teatrino.
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 9:58

@LoC978 wrote:oh yeah... Rico's not the only one with WILD HAIR in season 2:

Draghi could almost be in DBZ...
GOD DAMN! HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S AGED 20 YEARS!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 10:02

Well, first thing´s first, the second episode was better than the first one. The dark mood of the series is slowly returning and that´s a big plus. I don´t really have a problem with the newcoming characters since all of them look exactly the same has his manga counterpart and the voice actors are pretty decent. Marco´s on the other hand is pretty bad....he just joined Hilshire and Jean´s boy band of bullshit.

The animation was average....even if there wasn´t anything that required alot of work in this episode but it shows that the animation quality will probably not improve much and that sucks. There are parts where they want to show a populated city with lots of people walking on the street but they are all frozen in time....at least they didn´t sake the camera. There are also some huge perspective problems in some panels, like Pinnochio becoming a dwarf when he jumped off the car.

I gotta say that prefer Franca and Franco over the ones of the first season, in my opinion they were the only ones who needed a make over, especially Franca, she looked like she was in her late thirties in the first season.

Oh, the music was actually pretty good this episode, maybe the O.S.T will be worth a buy if it keeps up like this.

Still, i´m not bitching as much as the first episode, it´s not going to compare to the first season by a long shot but it´s improving.

Thanatos

Male

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 11:29

Just watched ep.3, and I must say that even though season 2 sucks overall, I’m pleased with Triela’s character. I still think that compared to season 1 she looks like crap - well, maybe not crap but definitely animed all to hell.

Anyone know where to find some subs?

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 11:37

@ElfenMagix wrote:GOD DAMN! HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S AGED 20 YEARS!
Yeah...that kind of job takes a toll on you.

Oh, and Ferro didn't really change. The animators tried, and tried, but in the end they were all defeated, hung their heads in shame, and commited charakiri later that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 11:47

Ahaha, I loved in episode 3 when Hillshire says he's "99% a real officer", Triela comments on how she's "Fake in every way possible."

You could see Hillshire's raction go from, "What the fuck, you are a real--- ohhh.... Fake in THAT way... my bad..."

Bong hit
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 11:52

You could see Hillshire's raction go from, "What the fuck, you are a real--- ohhh.... Fake in THAT way... my bad..."

Bong hit
LOL.
Do we know why the companies were switched? A falling out? Or did anyone really think this new look (and anti-awesome soundtrack) was better?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:00

Most likely scheduling conflicts and budget problems.

GSG was really a niche anime, and Madhouse is one of the biggest animations studios aside from Studio4°C, Gainax, and Bones.

Actually, I think somebody in Marvelous just up and said "LOL I WNT GSG2 PLZ" and the other board memebers were like, "FO' SHO! MOE MOE MONEY EVER-E-WHAR!" and dropped the entire project on Artland's lap. Artland animated Mushishi... MUSHISHI...

They can do better.

At the very least, the story is identical to the Manga.
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:07

@Sintendo wrote:At the very least, the story is identical to the Manga.
Well, the first episode had lots of stuff happening that wasn't, but the second was pretty mich on target. I haven't seen the 3rd so don't know if they keep it up.

...wait!? You know what is said in ep3? Does that mean you have a sub? If so please share.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:11

Here it is

http://www.the-triad.org/

Again, average episode. The fighting scene was barely animated but it was well displayed.

That´s the main problem by far in this show, the budget can only be microscopic with the visuals we have.

Thanatos

Male

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:14

@Sintendo wrote:
At the very least, the story is identical to the Manga.

Correction: There are a few differences

Spoiler:

In the anime Hillshire is the one who insists on rescuing Aurora, while in the Manga, Triela is the one who wants to go in.... weird... it seems like Aida is revising the anime version of the story (Since Hillshire wanting to help a child makes absolute sense...)

Also: http://a.scarywater.net/triad/%5BTriad%5D_Gunslinger_Girl_-_Il_Teatrino_-_03.mkv.torrent
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:18

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:30

As far as the animation regarding the fight scene goes, the fight wasn't really that long in the manga anyways... Hell, it might have even been animated just like the manga-

BAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!! HAI-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bong hit
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 15:06

@Sintendo wrote:
Spoiler:

In the anime Hillshire is the one who insists on rescuing Aurora, while in the Manga, Triela is the one who wants to go in.... weird... it seems like Aida is revising the anime version of the story (Since Hillshire wanting to help a child makes absolute sense...)

It wouldn't be the first time he revised the anime, Sin. Yu's on record as saying he altered the positions of Elsa and Lauro's bodies in the anime when he belatedly realized that those in the manga were inconsistent with a murder-suicide.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 17:19

@Nachtsider wrote:
@Sintendo wrote:
Spoiler:

It wouldn't be the first time he revised the anime, Sin. Yu's on record as saying he altered the positions of Elsa and Lauro's bodies in the anime when he belatedly realized that those in the manga were inconsistent with a murder-suicide.

Yeah that's what I thought too. In the anime it makes more sence in the positions they were in. Then again in the manga it never went into full detail how Elsa killed Lauro, she could have just pulled the gun on him when he was looking right at her.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 0:51

Just saw epi 3 and thought the action scene sucked. It could have been alot faster and fluid in my opinion. Instead it had alot of unnecessary slow-mo?

Other parts that bugged me was that Pino is alot meanier to Aurora and Triela doesn't seem care that got her Sig got stolen..
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 2:07

@Whatface wrote:Just saw epi 3 and thought the action scene sucked. It could have been alot faster and fluid in my opinion. Instead it had alot of unnecessary slow-mo?
ah, budgeting issues. Though I think it could've been improved simply by removing the 'motion lines' on the edge of the screen, and putting it in real-time. That way the shoddy animation wouldn't have been as noticable. But then, that would have broken classic anime tradition (I say again: I MISS MADHOUSE)...
@Whatface wrote:Other parts that bugged me was that Pino is alot meanier to Aurora
I dunno... that's pretty much how I envisioned the bastard...
and Triela doesn't seem care that got her Sig got stolen..
...yet. We'll see when her state of shock subsides in ep.4...

speaking of her SiG... did anyone else notice it constantly shrinking and then growing back to normal size throughout the episode? Those perspectives were so skewed...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 2:26

I was also disappointed with the fight scene. Maybe they made that one slow and horrable so the second one will be dramatic, fast paced, and heart wrenching! =D *Trying to think posative*

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 2:50

@LoC978 wrote:
@Whatface wrote:Other parts that bugged me was that
Pino is alot meanier to Aurora
I dunno... that's pretty much
how I envisioned the bastard...
Well, in my opinion, this page here...

...basically tells me that Pino is not a total ass. But the in the anime he's like a full on badass mofo who doesn't care about anyone.

@Triela wrote:I was also disappointed with the fight scene. Maybe they made that one slow and horrable so the second one will be dramatic, fast paced, and heart wrenching! =D *Trying to think posative*
I really hope so. But im not as optimistic
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 2:57

@West Nile wrote:Living in a country where 70% of the people are in poverty (im pretty well off thou) and where my internet disconnects every 2 hours is not helping my chances of finding the 3rd episode. could ya spare me the torture of waiting for youtube and just spoil it? Smile)

[rant]@#$%![/rant]

Off topic, but I don't understand why damn near everyone blames GMA for all the BS that's happening in the Philippines... Goddammit, everyone who has some sort of power is corrupt over there. We either need a revolution, or [nerd rant] bring in some of the Gunslinger Girls [/nerd rant].

Dammit, did you see what Philippine Airlines did to themselves? AND THEY'RE BLAMING THE FAA's STANDARDS.

... Anyways, here's a copy of something I posted in another forum. There was an argument over the GSG "Vets" and "noobs", and how when season 1 was avaliable, everyone hated it until word spread around about "loli-guns"... Now there's a debate over why Season 2 isn't all that bad. Here's my two cents:

"For those who have read the manga: you know damn well how far the
series has diverted from the first 2 volumes of the manga. It's no
longer about Henrietta. Hell, past volume 5, it isn't even about the
original 5 girls.

The
only thing I expected was an art quality equal to Mushishi, but didn't
get it. Yeah, I'm disappointed that the animation sucks, and yeah
Henrietta's voice is terrible, but I'll be damned if I say Artland
didn't get Yu Aida's current character designs right.

And as the show moves along, it's getting the same "feel" of the 1st season, in my opinion."
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 2:59

@Whatface wrote:...basically tells me that Pino is not a total ass. But the in the anime he's like a full on badass mofo who doesn't care about anyone.
excellent point. I had forgotten about that scene... hmm... Franca and Franco didn't hafta threaten violence to call him off in the manga either.
...I guess he is portrayed as a bit of a loose cannon in the anime. I wonder how they'll have him behave at the vinyard...
Sintendo's two cents
...lol animation budget. Aside from that... *shrug* ...it's just fine.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 8:34

Sintendo's comments

... Filipino?

I've been reading my own comments about this topic for a while and i realized that i havn't said a positive thing about the new season. and Gunslinger Girl being the only anime i have been following for the past few months i feel terrible for slandering my own favorite anime. so here is some stuff that i did like about the anime so far, wondering if people share my views.

1) Angie is alive! Yay! now i get to watch her die later on in season 3. wokwokwok
2) There are chapters in the manga that there was absolutely no action in it, thank god it's not the same here in the anime. if im going to be a new guy watching an anime version of the first chapter of volume 3 this is the thing i would have said "What the hell? this show is called gunslinger girl all i see is a little girl being dramatic over her brother's girlfriend... where are the guns!!!" a little "red" every episode is healthy... i guess.
3) episode 2, when Pinocchio sees the girl in the manga she is like smiling sadisticly back at him even thou he already had the gun pointed at her. the girl's reaction in the anime makes more sense. but i still don't understandy why Yu Aida made Pinocchio mince the girl up instead of just silencing her with a bullet in between the eyes. Pinocchio's blank stair when he was going "trigger happy" with the girl still gives me the chills.
4) I always wondered how Pinocchio would have crammed that dead body in the fridge. i guess Yu Aida was also wondering how Pino will actually do it so he took that part off. thank god he did not chop the guy up and cram him in there.
5) Triela was really cute in the last scene of ep. 2
6) as for the fight scene in ep. 3 i could say that it was made that way since they needed to let the people know that Triela knows squat about fighting when she does not have the initiative or when the guy does not care that he is taking on a girl.

My cousin, who has barely seen season 1, saw season 2 and said "cooool" i guess the criticisms on season 2 are only there with people who saw season 1. the same way when people who only read the manga back then criticized season 1. it's the circle of life i guess Laughing
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 9:44

@West Nile wrote:the same way when people who only read the manga back then criticized season 1.

Did they now? I always thought it was the other way around, with people who only watched Season One criticizing the manga.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 9:52

@Nachtsider wrote:Did they now? I always thought it was the other way around, with people who only watched Season One criticizing the manga.
That's what Sintendo said 
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 10:38

I know I should read previous posts carefully before posting myself, but there's little time in teh world.

Ep 3 changed a bunch of things. Triela spent a lot of time blushing. The tension between Hillshire and Triela was not expressed at all, and her reaction to Hillshires "I'd never betray you." is gone.

Also, someone pointed this out, Triela's reaction to the defeat is quite a bit less significant then in the manga.

Also, in the manga it was Triela who convinced Hillshire to go in. In the ep. There was no discussion over it, Hillshire just said I can't leave her and that was it.

But, in general, it was a lot better then ep 1...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Fri 25 Jan 2008 - 15:20

@West Nile wrote:
Sintendo's comments

... Filipino?

Yep.
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 3:52

o yeah, something sort of off topic: does anyone here know where i cn watch/download season 1 in english? Funimation keeps taking out the ones in Youtube
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 4:34

Has anyone downloaded the triad version of il teatrino ep. 3? i got mine but does not work. am i the only one?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 5:29

I have it downloaded, works like a dream.

What are you using? Lan Video? (AKA: VLC Player.)

You know whats funny.... VLC player was created by Dutch IT students Awesome!

most of the awesomeness seems to come from us, take those scanlations i punch out for example just whistlin'

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 5:32

watch it using windows media player. download using bitlord. got it from mininova. it's a .mkv file what's wrong with it? episode 2 worked just fine.
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 10:43

Try downloading the klcodec pack (also called the k-light codec pack). It has practically every codec you can think of. Then you download real-alternative, and quick-time alternative and you can play everything.

http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum