Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Sintendo on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 2:46

Just a guess, pare. The way things are going now, though, it's probably going to be around episodes 5, 6, or 7.

Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Forum Posts : 618

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 3:07

If that's the case, what the hell are the girls going to be doing on episode 8- 13? isn't pino's death going to be in probably episode 12 or something close to that?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 4:59

@West Nile wrote:If that's the case, what the hell are the girls going to be doing on episode 8- 13? isn't pino's death going to be in probably episode 12 or something close to that?
I was thinking along the same lines. I may be wrong, but I was thinking that the raid on Cristianoís house and the epic battle between Triela and Pino was going to be the grand finale.

Or, as you said, it may be ep.12 with ep.13 being reserved for a fluffy ending Ė much like was done in the first season.

PS: At the rate the girl's eyes are growing, they'll be out of head space before the final episode.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 5:25

well as far as i know, ever episode is a chapter of the manga if i am correct, minus the first episode as that was more like a small into for those who didn't see GSG yet.

and with the plan being 13 episodes this season... well i guess that you can do the maths for you're self :p

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1950

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 6:41

pino cant die next ep
too much left to do

spoiler

claes's day off
triela and hillsher guarding mimi (triela feeling guilty)
rico goes to the opera
franca gets arrested
jose and his sister (how he see's etta)
klydoscop gets broken
triela's origin+ training
franco franca and pino origin
final showdown

end of spoiler

so no way could they end it any time soon
must be ep 13 (some of these storys could be told in the dvd specials)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 11:00

Who knows. I mean, as far as anime stor arcs go, it's rare for the studio to have gaps between them...

But it's Yu's work, so it can happen.

I also have a feeling that it'll end with Sandro "shopping" around, with a brief intro of Petrushka/Liza. That would be a nice way to end season 2, but lead off to a season 3.

Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sat 2 Feb 2008 - 11:03

@Sintendo wrote:
I also have a feeling that it'll end with Sandro "shopping" around, with a brief intro of Petrushka/Liza. That would be a nice way to end season 2, but lead off to a season 3.

If they do that it'll be somthing I won't watch. The whole season will be about Petrushka because she's the main in 3 books... UGHHHH thinking about it makes me so MAD!!! >_< *shoots Petruska with my P-90*

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2723

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 2:12

@Triela wrote:
@Sintendo wrote:
If they do that it'll be somthing I won't watch. The whole season will be about Petrushka because she's the main in 3 books... UGHHHH thinking about it makes me so MAD!!! >_< *shoots Petruska with my P-90*
I think season 3 should start with the Petra/Claes story (thatís right Ė no Petra history at all) and then jump straight to vol.9 & 10. As Iíve said before, they could do 13 full eps. on Petra alone if they wanted to.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 3:42

Why is everyone pissed at Petra thou. Isn't season 1 more of a Henrietta season, season 2 a Triela season, so why not make season 3 a Petra season?

Episode 5 is up tomorrow, where is the subbed of episode 4?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 5:22

I personally do not plan on watching the second season, despite my adoration for the series and the girls.

I've almost driven myself insane just listening to the second season's haunting OP song (and a wonderful song it is).

But I definitely cannot stand watching the horrors anymore, so, no, thank you, Pino, you can get stabbed on your own time.

BTW: Hi, guys. Thanks for letting me in. ^_^
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 6:04

Nice to have you here Sheo! What took you so long?
@Sheo Darren wrote: But I definitely cannot stand watching the horrors anymore, so, no, thank you, Pino, you can get stabbed on your own time.
Itís not easy to watch, Iíll give you that Ė going from season 1 to 2 is a lot like going from steak to hamburger, but Iím in it this far so I figure Iíll stick it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 6:08

@West Nile wrote:so why not make season 3 a Petra season?
Iím going to pretend I didnít hear that, and politely walk awayÖ

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 10:45

@Danjo3 wrote:

Hey you hate Petra, I hate Rico and Henrietta. The only difference is that I dont bitch about it all the time, even though in the first season of GSG it was all about Henrietta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 11:04

Well... The original girls are "original" so when you started watching GSG you had the chance to decide on your first impression of what you liked and disliked (and so did everyone else). Then things changed. It's a lot more annoying to see something become worse (in my oppinion), then to simply be presented with something from the very beggining and have an oppinion on it.

If you get some medium quality toast in a hotel you'll just go "Well, this is some pretty bad toast." But if you get the best goddamn breakfest you've ever eaten and the next day you get a slice of crummy taoast you'll be going "What the hell is this crap!?"

Anyway, out of curiosity, I would like to hear your reasons for dislikiing Henrietta and Rico. Henrietta I don't really have much of an oppinion about (she's rather generic), Rico on the other hand I like (my fav. char.). So, I'm wondering which aspects of them you (like/)dislike.

Last edited by on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 11:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 11:08

@Danjo3 wrote:

Me too... Though I almost got sick reading that... :faint:

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 12:59

TinyTony wrote:Hey you hate Petra, I hate Rico and Henrietta. The only difference is that I dont bitch about it all the time, even though in the first season of GSG it was all about Henrietta.
You need to take it easy pal. So you hate Henrietta and Rico, thatís fine, I respect that - this forum is all about expressing personal opinions.

Oh, and TinyTony, next time instead of calling me a bitch, just say I disagree.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 13:04

OH COME ON! Season 2 isn't all that bad! It's enjoyable to watch and I think that's all that matters. Goddam haters... ruining my enjoyment...

just whistlin'

!!!

What up, Sheo? Finally crossed over to the Dark Side, eh?

High Five
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 13:09

@Sintendo wrote:OH COME ON! Season 2 isn't all that bad! It's enjoyable to watch and I think that's all that matters. Goddam haters... ruining my enjoyment...
Hey, I said I was watching it didn't I?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 13:21

@Danjo3 wrote:
TinyTony wrote:Hey you hate Petra, I hate Rico and Henrietta. The only difference is that I dont bitch about it all the time, even though in the first season of GSG it was all about Henrietta.
You need to take it easy pal. So you hate Henrietta and Rico, thatís fine, I respect that - this forum is all about expressing personal opinions.

Oh, and TinyTony, next time instead of calling me a bitch, just say I disagree.

ooops... Sorry about that. I didnt call you a bitch by the way, but my post is mean and I know it. I believe there is a difference between being a bitch and bitching about something. So if you can forgive me I would be happy.

What I really mean is that I dont particularly enjoy hearing all that hate against Petra all the time. She is a fine character and I dont think that she deserves all the hate that you are giving her. She just happens to be more mature than the rest of the girls. I know that most people here enjoy watching Henrietta in her endless idiotic struggle to gain more attention from the allknowing and perfect Jose (In her eyes at least). I just lack any sympathy towards that particular character. She is just mostly irritating.

Rico on the other hand is just plain dumbish all the time. The best thing she can think of is washing laundry. She seems to have no personality or self esteem of her own. The main reason Rico seems to be in the story is to look cute and cuddly and that simply drives me crazy.

So in the end I just happened to post in the wrong mood. I was just irritated already and then I just wrote this post after work, without thinking it much. In any case, no matter what I write I sincerely dont mean to offend anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 13:46

Donít worry about it Tony, itís cool. As everyone here can testify to, Iíve had my share of mean spirited rants. Sometimes it just happens.

Actually, I think youíre the only GSG fan Iíve ever encountered who hates both Henrietta and Rico. Itís almost like saying, ďI love rock & roll, but hate guitars.Ē

As much as I hate Petra, the fact of the matter isÖ like it or notÖ sheís still a Gunslinger Girl and all her fans have a place here.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 15:00

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Sintendo wrote:OH COME ON! Season 2 isn't all that bad! It's enjoyable to watch and I think that's all that matters. Goddam haters... ruining my enjoyment...
Hey, I said I was watching it didn't I?

High Five
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 17:30

Now that I seen I/II/II of Gunslinger Girl-Il Teatino, I can finally say someting.

I'm glad that it follows the storyline, despite the minor changes between the manga & amine. Cant wait for Triad to come up with IV. The English subtitling they did were great!

The art work- I will say that it is not up to par with the first season. They had taken too many shortcuts in creating this. Frozen scenes when there should be movement, camera panning on the frozen scenes, background animation sucked. The artwork of the characters seemto anine-ish, where the original was more life like.

I would have to say that I'm pleased with the work, but only find it different from the original. They could have done better, but what the hey- its done and all we can do is accept it for what it is and enjoy the work as is.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 19:48

@Tiny Tony: I wouldn't say that Henrietta irritates me, but there's just very little about her story that interests me.

As for Rico. Well, she doesn't have much self-esteem, and neither would you if you spent most of your childhood debilitated in a hospital bed, and your parents not supporting you, but quite the opposite.

I'm not sure about teh laundry point; all the cyborgs do their laundry... But, the dumbish point: In what way is she any 'dumber' then any of the other girls of her age? (Henrietta, Angelica)

As for personality, her being not very expressive doesn't mean that she doesn't have one. In fact she has the most concrete personal motivation of all the girls. She wants to live and to be able to do what she couldn't do in that hospital bed and she's williong to do what the agency tells her to so that she can achieve her goal. In that way (as ironic as it may sound) she is the least emotionally dependant on her handler and, seemingly, the only girl with a goal that can be considered naturaly selfish (selfish > personal > personality/self).

One of the things I like about her is that the she seems multilayered. She presents herself one way [joyfull self], acts another when on missions and with Jean [cold killer/ obedient self], and has a third, personal, self (the one that remembers the hospital and doesn't want to loose what shes gained.) [snxious self/ the one that feels pain]

As for petra I guess a generalization (that I among others have made) that she's just 'fanservice girl' is parallel to your generalization about Rico being the 'dumb cute one'. Most of the "hating" so far is not really directed at Petra but at the way Yu is developing the story.

I think that Petra's character doesn't really fit into the story about little girls turned into cybrogs, that GSG had been in the begginign, but other then that I don't really have much against her. What I do really dislike is the way that Yu has given her all the "screen-time" instead of the other girls, and the way he seems to be intending to replace the original cast with gen 2's.

Laughing Long, redundant, and winded as usual. ... It's a habit I can't break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 19:53

3klicks wrote:I think that Petra's character doesn't really fit into the story about little girls turned into cyborgs

That's the bottom line, people.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 22:01

@Nachtsider wrote:
3klicks wrote:I think that Petra's character doesn't really fit into the story about little girls turned into cyborgs

That's the bottom line, people.

I agree 100%. Though I hate Petrushka because of the way Yu develops her character and I just hate her as a characer. I don't think I would mind her too much if her story was put in a few chapters in evey manga like how GSG was always done, but Yu Aida seems to be pushing her onto us, you know? It's really annoying.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:14

I don't see what's with all this Petra-detesting. I personally like her character, despite how Aida tends to make her look slutty sometimes (Vol7, chapter 37, page 149, anyone?). I probably just fell in love with her from her background story, which made me pretty sad, I must admit.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:24

the only thing I really have against Petra is the whole sex appeal thing (as 3klicks pointed out and Nachtsider reinforced, it just doesn't mix well with the GSG storyline)... So it's not Petrushka I hate; it's Alessandro, for making her into a little sex kitten.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:25

Sandro's behavior is indirectly Yu's fault, really.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:34

Everything is Yu's fault... Why even put Petrushka in the manga so much!? Whyyyyy????? I don't understand the fanservice logic!! ;_;

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:37

Yeah. It's hard to really say what it is that made me dislike Sandro, but I didn't like the guy from teh very beggining, even before I saw how he treates Petrushka.

And then there is the fact that the difference that being a cyborg makes is lost in her. Beside throwing up once in a while, she's no different then a normal human. Now, of course I guess this is just the progress of technology, but the series was largely based on the cyborgs lives being very different from normal humans. Her way of viewing Sandro is very normal. The same applies to the way she behaves, and the various effects of the process are hardly visible in her.

In short she is simply like a regular exploited girl. The balance in how she gets her abilities is also obscured. The otehr girls are "something else". They function under a certain set of laws which mean that they have great abilities in some ways and great burdens/problems in others. In Petruhka's case, she doesn't seem to be like that; she's just like a "super-girl". Somehow I don't see her as a cyborg.

Not, sure how much sense that makes...

Oh, and I'm not trying to put Petra down or anything, just expanding why Petra doesn't seem to fit into the series for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:41

@Nachtsider wrote:Sandro's behavior is indirectly Yu's fault, really.
well, pretty much directly... though he may have done it due to financial issues. In which case, I hope to (insert Diety here) he continues returning the story to its former quasi-realistic, emotionally hard-hitting, controversial subject-using glory.
(in other words: ENOUGH WITH THE GODDAMN FANSERVICE, YU!)
3klicks wrote:And then there is the fact that the difference that being a cyborg makes is lost in her. Beside throwing up once in a while, she's no different then a normal human. Now, of course I guess this is just the progress of technology, but the series was largely based on the cyborgs lives being very different from normal humans. Her way of viewing Sandro is very normal. The same applies to the way she behaves, and the various effects of the process are hardly visible in her.
...I disagree. The ways in which they developed the technology makes perfect sense to me. What they thought they needed was a more emotionally stable, obedient, and difficult to detect operative. So that's what they tried to make... I just don't see it working out the way they envisioned...
(I hope my predictions hold true... Either way, Yu is a great storyteller. I don't see him let this become some average, happy manga series. Tragedy will strike the Stage 2s, one way or another.)

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:54

How is Petra more difficult to detect than her predecessors? The way I see it, being a ten-year-old is far more effective cover for assassination than being a teen.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:56

3klicks wrote:
(I hope my predictions hold true... Either way, Yu is a great storyteller. I don't see him let this become some average, happy manga series. Tragedy will strike the Stage 2s, one way or another.)

Now that you say that and I think about it you're right... Yu Aida is pushing Petruhka on us to try and get us to like her and then something happenes with the 2nd stage cyborgs, like thre's something the agency overlooked or somthing is defective in the 2nd gen cyborgs. That's a very good theory...

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:57

Well, it makes perfect sense that the technology wold develop, so the gen 2's are probably more Sci-Fi accurate then if they never appeared, but what I meant is that for the audiance the show becomes more standard adn less interesting.

The gen1 cyborgs are drawn with a sharp line. They have very specific advantages and disadvantages. (Triela: confused relationship, Henrietta: obsession, Angelica: loss of memory/sickness, etc.) They are obviously cyborgs and there is a clear way in which this influances their lives. With Petra she's like a normal human with just a couple of "tweeks" added on. This may be accurate and/or make sense, but it's far less entertaining and interesting then the gen1's uniqueness/distinctiveness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Feb 2008 - 23:58

@Nachtsider wrote:How is Petra more difficult to detect than her predecessors? The way I see it, being a ten-year-old is far more effective cover for assassination than being a teen.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I would never susspect Henrietta of being an assassin, but a 16-18 year old teen? That's suspicious...

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:02

Ok, so everyone hates Petra because it turns "Gunslinger Girl" into "Gunslinger Teen", can we get the rants on petra out of the -Il Teatrino- thread thou.

i am still worried over the fact that episode four still has no subs yet while vol. 5 is airing tonight.
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:04

@Nachtsider wrote:How is Petra more difficult to detect than her predecessors? The way I see it, being a ten-year-old is far more effective cover for assassination than being a teen.
As I've said before, I believe that Petra is the only 'older' girl among the Gen2s. The way they blend in better is through being more lightly conditioned, and as a result, reacting more natrually in ordinary social/public situations. Also, they're lighter, so they're less likely to make a floor creak/crack/crumble under their weight. I dunno about you, but if I saw a little girl climb out of a car, and the thing shifts on its suspension as much as if a 200lb man had just climbed out, I'd think something was amiss... though I may write it off as worn-out suspension.
@West Nile wrote:Ok, so everyone hates Petra because it turns "Gunslinger Girl" into "Gunslinger Teen", can we get the rants on petra out of the -Il Teatrino- thread thou.

i am still worried over the fact that episode four still has no subs yet while vol. 5 is airing tonight.
an excellent point, though I'd like to clarify that I don't hate Petra, I hate her handler. *stops ranting*
...I'm worried about ep.4, too...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:27

@West Nile wrote:Ok, so everyone hates Petra because it turns "Gunslinger Girl" into "Gunslinger Teen", can we get the rants on petra out of the -Il Teatrino- thread thou.

I'm not so worried about Yu turning Gunslinger Girl into Gunslinger Teen, Nile, but it's Yu turning Gunslinger Girl into Fanservice Girl that raises my concern.

To LoC - Henrietta stepping into Alphonso's van and Elsa stepping into Lauro's Jeep didn't seem to produce much of a shift, but... okay, okay, I've hijacked this thread for long enough.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:40

They've got carbon fiber frames, which doesn't necesarily mean they weigh a ton. (Although they probably do wigh more then a girl their age, just not much more.)

So...what was this thread about again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:47

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Petra might have been the main character from the start; it just took Yu 6 chapters to introduce her.

Odd way of thinking, I know, but hey, every story has it's own twist.
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 0:59

I'd feel so damn cheated if that were the truth.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 3:33

bah. we all know that Dr. Bianchi is really the main character! Petrushka is just paving the way for adult cyborg technology, so Priscilla and Ferro can become Bianchi's cyborgs for some handler-on competing cyborgs Mťnage ŗ trois/harem comedy action! (plz almighty FSM prove me wrong...)

Last edited by on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 3:37; edited 1 time in total

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 3:36

Yes well it took about 6 volumes in Berserk to introduce Griffith and Caska, so it wouldnt be that strange really if there are 30 more books coming out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 4:48

Oh god, I loved the Berserk anime. I wish they made more...
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 5:37

@LoC978 wrote:bah. we all know that Dr. Bianchi is really the main character! Petrushka is just paving the way for adult cyborg technology, so Priscilla and Ferro can become Bianchi's cyborgs for some handler-on competing cyborgs Mťnage ŗ trois/harem comedy action! (plz almighty FSM prove me wrong...)
You might be on to something. In vol.6, Louis says that one day they hope to use the technology on adults. Of course, they want to iron out all the bugs on kids first so that when they do use it on grown ups it can be done, and I quote - safely and cheaply.

I said it before and Iíll say it again - how fucked up is that?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 8:10

@Danjo3-san:

Nice to have you here Sheo! What took you so long?

Technical difficulties. You know how it is with newfangled technology. *glances at Petra*

Itís not easy to watch, Iíll give you that Ė going from season 1 to 2
is a lot like going from steak to hamburger, but Iím in it this far so
I figure Iíll stick it out.

I tip my hat to you. ^_^

I said it before and Iíll say it again - how fucked up is that?

Very. Very. Fucked. Up.

@Sintendo-san:

What up, Sheo? Finally crossed over to the Dark Side, eh?

Oh, I was always lurking around in the darkness. (lol Nyarlathotep lol) I only chose to appear now, fleshy mortal. ^_^

@3klicks-san:
They've got carbon fiber frames, which doesn't necesarily mean they weigh a ton.

Actually, I'd say their weight isn't so much in their frames/skin as it is in their muscles.

Anyone who follows Full Metal Panic (or, for that matter, BattleTech) knows about the artificial fiber-composed Muscle Packages that move an Arm Slave. These artificial fibers contract and relax when a tiny electric current is applied to them (electrocollimation, if I recall it right). They are usually metallic in nature, though FMP, Batman Begins and Dale Brown's Tin Man novel suggests that nonmetallic materials can also be used. (For example, from what I understand of the techno-gibberish in Wiki and other sources, the assault submarine Tuatha De Danaan electrically alters the water around it to enhance its speed and stealthiness.) Since the girls have not yet set off metal detectors, I assume the latter case. (Then again, we've never seen them pass through a metal detector, either...)

Seeing the girls' terrific strength (Henrietta in the first season's first episode catches and holds up a falling closet with just her left hand while shooting at a baddie) and hearing all about how their bodies were rebuilt suggest that not only their skins but also their muscles were fiddled with. And since muscles would account for a greater fraction of a human body's mass, and artificial muscles will probably be denser than normal organic muscles, it is safe to say that it's her muscles' weight that dragged Rico down into the water in Volume 3.

Of course, one might suggest that, since the muscles have a significant power-to-weight ratio, that should mean Rico can swim better.

But:

1) Rico did not know how to swim. The other girls probably don't know either. No one bothered to teach them because there seemed to be no need for it.

This is a point I brought up in my fic Life Goes On. When the terrorists took over an oil tanker, the girls had to ride Zodiac rubber boats, save for Beatrice (who I assumed for the fic knew- and, indeed, loved- swimming; that item always gives me giggles) and Liesel (Nachtsider-san's OC, whom I attributed to know scuba courtesy Altheus being quite the far-sighted trainer). And even these two exceptions wore flotation devices.

2) When you swim constantly, your bones actually lighten (or become less dense; I forget which) in order to ease flotation, and your muscles develop in certain ways to enhance swimming motions. Swimmers have excellently toned musculature, but rather brittle bones. The girls did not have either of these.

3) The muscles are still heavy as original sin, and have an... upper limit, so to speak, as to what they can support in an fluid environment like water, opposed to good solid land.

We're not sure if cyborg operatives' bones are reinforced like the Master Chief's, but I see at least some ceramic appliques to protect against shock. In fact, I'll have to rewrite a part of LGO, where I claimed Henrietta's forearms were reinforced by titanium, allowing her to block a kukri slash. Silly me. ^_^
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 8:52

@Sheo Darren wrote: Since the girls have not yet set off metal detectors, I assume the latter case. (Then again, we've never seen them pass through a metal detector, either...)

Episode 4 season 1: Triela and Hillshire were standing in the airport's inspection area, they seemed to have just passed by the metal detector when Hillshire flashed the guard with his "99% fake" police badge. the guard says "I'm sorry, we had no idea you were in the police" or something along those lines. so does that mean Triela did trigger something? Or is it her gun's fault?

speaking about episode 4's i am going to ask again because im getting really worried & annoyed (i have never not watched a gunslinger girl episode in more than a week, always watching a season 1 episode again during the weekend but this time i had someone borrow my DVD) any news on season 2 episode 4?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 10:53

Hi, Sheo. Smile You're pretty much legendary around here.

That's a good poit about the muscels since they do weigh more then the bones. The substance used for them would be something pretty advanced, though. I imagine it would not be terrably heavier then silicon. So, I can see the girls weighing as much as an adult, but not more. (It would be strange otherwise since I'm pretty sure that the handlers carry their girls occasionally. I don't remember whether it's ever shown explicitly, but both Rico and Triela, for example, had to be carried to the cars after teh final battle with Pino. The handlers would have to spend a lot of time in the gim if the girls weighed "a ton". Razz )

Somehow I never stributed the 'Rico almost drowning incident' to her wight. I thought it's a combination of her being strangely distracted, having fallen from a considerable height, and not knowing how to swim. (Although the cyborg bodies probably don't float, even if they aren't heavier then a normal human adult, because of the mass/fat ratio being pretty big.)

@West Nile: Yeah, the subbers seem to have hit a snag. It would be nice to see that ep come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 15:05

ah, memories... seriously, though, this conversation belongs in another thread. I'm just on lunch, so I'm not moving it now, but after work...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 16:46

Man I stop pay attention to this thread because everyone is bashing Petra, and Season 2. Then you guys decide to start talking about interesting things again. Okay really quick I know I'm drag up a topic that's already been put to bed, but I really have to echo LoC on this. I dislike Petra as fan service, I don't don't dislike her as a character. Is change hard some times, yes, but it's not bad.

Well detect maybe not. However being adult could be really helpful. Imagine if you picked someone who has served in the military. You just saved yourself a whole ton of time on training, which means you've just saved a whole ton of money. Depending on how conditioning develops, you might not need so much a handler, as a contact. Which means less people, so again with the saving of the money. Not to mention you don't have handlers turning on you, because their using children. Oh yeah, and you don't get a useless member if the easily killed handler dies. Also means the cyborg doesn't have to worry about the handler in combat. For the icing on the cake you can take your cyborg to the strip club. So adult cyborgs could be really really really appealing if the technology progresses far enough.

@West Nile wrote:Episode 4 season 1: Triela and Hillshire were standing in the airport's inspection area, they seemed to have just passed by the metal detector when Hillshire flashed the guard with his "99% fake" police badge. the guard says "I'm sorry, we had no idea you were in the police" or something along those lines. so does that mean Triela did trigger something? Or is it her gun's fault?
Actually in the fansubs, that I have since deleted, there was no conversation to speak off. I got the sense that funimation threw it in there. I think funimation had the guard say government, and not police. That being said, I think Hilshire went right to the guard, and said 'Hey look I'm SISDE, that means I get to skip security.' To which the guard was like, 'well okay.' Hilshire must imagine having a young teenager bringing a shotgun through security is going to raise all kinds of eyebrows. No need to risk being fake either, this is one of those occasions where the truth hurts nothing.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 17:19

@Sheo Darren wrote:...Since the girls have not yet set off metal detectors, I assume the latter case. (Then again, we've never seen them pass through a metal detector, either...)
...Yup. With Hillsire showing off his 'fake' ID to the guards at the airports, he and Triela seem to never walk through metal detectors at airports! :twisted:

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Feb 2008 - 18:11

@Wileama wrote:Actually in the fansubs, that I have since deleted, there was no conversation to speak off. I got the sense that funimation threw it in there. I think funimation had the guard say government, and not police. That being said, I think Hilshire went right to the guard, and said 'Hey look I'm SISDE, that means I get to skip security.' To which the guard was like, 'well okay.' Hilshire must imagine having a young teenager bringing a shotgun through security is going to raise all kinds of eyebrows. No need to risk being fake either, this is one of those occasions where the truth hurts nothing.
Youíre right, in the original version there is no conversation between Hillshire and the security guy. Seeing how Hillshire and Triela are SISDE agents, I would think that their transportation arrangements would have been made in advance and the security people would have been expecting them.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 4:51

Fianlly saw episode 4. does anyone have contact with the subtitle dubber?

I don't know whether to like the season or not too anymore. There are 2 freeking vampires in the SWA. There's red eyed half banshee vampire Priscilla, and Marco who seems to have sucked the youth out of Olga. I first thought that guys were exageratting about the eyes but now i could say that you guys are right they are huge now! mostly only when they stare at stuff like out of the window or into a store glass but they're huge none the less. The constant white outs and the songs are getting tiring too. There is the whole scene where Marco, Olga, Priscilla and Angie got in the room did they use knock out gas? don't remember seeing that in the manga. Then there was the senseless insertion of Henrietta into the story.

Not being too negative thou: After seeing Angie die in the Manga, and not hearing her voice (except when i listen to Il princepe del reno del pasta in Poca Felicita, which still drives me to tears thinking of her current predicament) i am glad that she's finally speaking and warming my heart in this episode. Though she looked rather scary when she crushed Priscilla's hand for absolutey no reason (there was a reason for that in the Manga right?). Then there was Rico with big ass gun, really cool. unfortunately she did not mince the Ferarri with it like in the manga. something i found funny though was Bruno. Huge guy small teacup hahahaha
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:14

@West Nile wrote:There is the whole scene where Marco, Olga, Priscilla and Angie got in the room did they use knock out gas? don't remember seeing that in the manga.

It is in the manga, Nile - Volume Three, page 125.

Last edited by on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:36; edited 1 time in total

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:19

i know the scene but is that knock out gas?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:37

every story has it's own twist.

:dance:

Reminded me to GSG ad in Youtube :

Every bullet has its flow

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:39

Marco called them 'stun grenades' in the manga, and set them off in the building's ventilation shaft. I guess that could mean they did contain knock-out gas.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:43

K, now it makes sense, o can anyone explain what was going through Angie's head when she was starring at those unconscious bodies? really can't get why she was acting like that. as if she was... turning back to a normal girl.

One more. I think i saw Elizabeth (Petra) in episode 5! can anyone clarify that?
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Feb 2008 - 5:50

Angie was nervous, Nile - Marco confirmed this in the same volume. She had been out of the field for quite a while now, and must have felt very afraid of screwing up and becoming a casualty like those Padania guys did. Her desperation to grab the submachine gun from Priscilla we can therefore put down to a need for a weapon to protect herself from harm with, as her confidence in her own hand-to-hand combat ability was probably diminished due to the long time she spent in the hospital.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum