Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 23 Mar 2008 - 11:26

Episode 3 Critique

Most Favorite Moment: The Triela-Hillshire flashback scenes. Reanimating them in the new format was actually a good call. It bridges the first and second seasons while still generating new interest.

Least Favorite Moment: The lack of one of my more favorite moments between Triela and Hillshire. I waited for Hillshire to make a comment after Triela chokes on her wine, but it never came. It was my whole basis for "smart-ass Hillshire" in Piccole Risa.

Overall Critique: I must say, this series is beginning to grow on me. The new animation actually plays to the point of depicting the girls as girls. While the old animation played it to that effect, it almost drove a wedge between the two pair. Henrietta and Rico passed as children while characters like Triela and Claes could actually pass as young adults. Now Triela actually looks like a pre-teen(at best), but Claes still looks a bit older than she should. However, it could be her almost rampant maturity in comparison to the other girls.

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2561

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 23 Mar 2008 - 11:36

Boomer wrote:I waited for Hillshire to make a comment after Triela chokes on her wine, but it never came. It was my whole basis for "smart-ass Hillshire" in Piccole Risa.
...I had completely forgotten about that part... you're right, they should've left it in. It really adds some character to boring ol' Hillshire.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 23 Mar 2008 - 12:01

@boomer_gonz wrote:I must say, this series is beginning to grow on me. The new animation actually plays to the point of depicting the girls as girls. While the old animation played it to that effect, it almost drove a wedge between the two pair. Henrietta and Rico passed as children while characters like Triela and Claes could actually pass as young adults. Now Triela actually looks like a pre-teen(at best), but Claes still looks a bit older than she should. However, it could be her almost rampant maturity in comparison to the other girls.
You must be seein’ something I ain‘t brother. I think season two tends to portray the girls as overly cute/hyper Kawaii types. It’s irritating and distracting, but you put up with because you have no choice. There’s no other game in town. The beauty of season one was the fact that the girls act like REAL girls would, and not like anime caricatures. Season 2 is not even on the same plane of existence as season one.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Mar 2008 - 14:54

@Danjo3 wrote:
@boomer_gonz wrote:I must say, this series is beginning to grow on me. The new animation actually plays to the point of depicting the girls as girls. While the old animation played it to that effect, it almost drove a wedge between the two pair. Henrietta and Rico passed as children while characters like Triela and Claes could actually pass as young adults. Now Triela actually looks like a pre-teen(at best), but Claes still looks a bit older than she should. However, it could be her almost rampant maturity in comparison to the other girls.
You must be seein’ something I ain‘t brother. I think season two tends to portray the girls as overly cute/hyper Kawaii types. It’s irritating and distracting, but you put up with because you have no choice. There’s no other game in town. The beauty of season one was the fact that the girls act like REAL girls would, and not like anime caricatures. Season 2 is not even on the same plane of existence as season one.
Couldn't agree more with Danjo3.
Except maybe the "caricatures" comment, I wouldn't say it's 'that' bad. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 1:39

It must be just me then. I sat through Urusei Yatsura a few two many times. I must say that my kawaii-cuteness factor button got pushed all to hell. The kawaii stuff just doesn't reach me any more. When I first saw the appearance of Rini in Sailor Moon (a. k. a. Chibiusa), most of my anime fans said "How cute!!", I said, "This has got to be one of the worst moves in all of plot progression."

I will agree that comparing Seasons 1 to 2 in the GSG anime is completely unfair. Season 1 was a masterpiece in every sense of the word in all of my main three; focus, progression, and most of all, delivery. Season 2 has to judged on its own merit instead of shear comparison.

boomer_gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 2:05

@LoC978 wrote:
Boomer wrote:I waited for Hillshire to make a comment after Triela chokes on her wine, but it never came. It was my whole basis for "smart-ass Hillshire" in Piccole Risa.
...I had completely forgotten about that part... you're right, they should've left it in. It really adds some character to boring ol' Hillshire.

I wanted to actually see Triela cough, but they didn't do that either

AWS wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:
Couldn't agree more with Danjo3.
Except maybe the "caricatures" comment, I wouldn't say it's 'that' bad. Wink

Actually looking at season 2 i always called it the "Anime" of Gunslinger Girl. Season 1 is my favorite TV series while season 2 is my favorite Anime. get my trend?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 11:58

Episode 4 Critique

Most Favorite Moment: Priscilla was represented in (so far) complete accuracy. I always considered her the emotional center of the series in general much like Maya Ibuki was in Evangelion. She's more or less the one there to either keep us lighthearted or to let us know when something isn't right.

Least Favorite Moment: OMG, what did they do to Olga! First, her animation is anything but faithful to her manga counterpart. However, I would've been okay with this if not for the almost lack of depth at the character delivery. Not only did she show little to no emotion, but it's as if they rewrote her part to be stoic.

Overall Crtitique: It really didn't start to click with me until 19:05 of this episode, but I'm falling in love with this soundtrack. It somehow has that odd mix of conflict and tragedy. It has enough meter to change the pace of the episode, but still provides the depth necessary to convey the true tragedy of the story's reality. I can only hope they keep it intact when it gets brought out of Nippon.

boomer_gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 17:07

@boomer_gonz wrote:Episode 4 Critique
We’ve already hashed out ep.4. We’re on Episode 11 Critique now. You need to do some serious catching up pal.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 19:10

Where is the scanlating at right now? Ep. 5? I've been waiting forever. :colbert:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 24 Mar 2008 - 23:26

@Danjo3 wrote:
@boomer_gonz wrote:Episode 4 Critique
We’ve already hashed out ep.4. We’re on Episode 11 Critique now. You need to do some serious catching up pal.

It's already tuesday here in the Philippines, ep 12 should be here (in torrents) by now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:18

@Danjo3 wrote:We’ve already hashed out ep.4. We’re on Episode 11 Critique now. You need to do some serious catching up pal.

No sub, no critique.

;p`
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:20

If you stair at them long enough they will make sense. and if you read the manga chap before watching you can get a feel of it

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:24

@boomer_gonz wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:We’ve already hashed out ep.4. We’re on Episode 11 Critique now. You need to do some serious catching up pal.

No sub, no critique.

;p`
Looks like your critiques will go only up to Episode 5 then since I think that's the furthest the subbers went. I like hearing what other people think about the episodes.
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:25

West wrote:If you stair at them long enough they will make sense. and if you read the manga chap before watching you can get a feel of it
yeah, that's pretty much what I do, too. I also frequently pause, back up a minute or so and replay scenes... sometimes I can make out a little of what was said...
@Sakura wrote:Looks like your critiques will go only up to Episode 5 then since I think that's the furthest the subbers went
until Kaji is finished airing, anyway...

Last edited by LoC978 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:26; edited 1 time in total

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:26

@West Nile wrote:If you stair at them long enough they will make sense. and if you read the manga chap before watching you can get a feel of it
That's how I'm getting by on the latest episodes. Pick up a few words here and there with my limited japanese and go by what the manga did.
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 0:31

since my japanese was learned from watching Anime, you can guess how much japanese i actually know Laughing it's still kind of amazing how people can learn to speak spanish frown just watching spanish soaps

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 2:54

Speaking of Episode 12, the Henrietta vs. Pino moment was actually rather well-done, in another case of Il Teatrino being able to do the story fantastically (then again they do have Aida on their staff, after all) but their art team doing things like not being able to give Jean non-mutant eyes.

Spoiler:
'Etta and Giuse are sent to stop Pino and the Bomber Crew from blowing up a strut on what I presume is the Strait of Messina bridge-- the gun-and-knife fight is actually quite well-choreographed. Pinocchio is, apparently, an enormous fucking badass, as he takes Henrietta completely by surprise, though he fails to disarm her. There's...there's also the whole bridge-leap, which is just...wow.

This episode also reveals why it's a mistake to have the gas station below your villa manned by your guards. Because Rico will know, and she will make way for the Party Van. Additionally, when Triela is in a bad mood, she will not simply shotgun you. Oh no. She will CHOKE YOU WITH THE CARRYING STRAP.

The whole "SHOWDOWN" scene was perfect, too. I could hear the "Ironside" riff from Kill Bill the moment Triela and Pino's eyes met. Ladies and gentlemen, in Episode 13, IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 2:59

very promising.... im gonna go watch now

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 7:39

Saw ep. 12 here's my take:

OP credits have a bug, when Pino gears up there, he has his locket on. but we all know it's with Triela

What's Triela doing in the crime scene?

I nearly mistook Jean for Pino.

The slow motion fight scene is to show that Pino is actually moving real fast.

Angie's Steyr is buffed up.

When Pino beats up Henrietta you'd probably say "Pino you rock!"
When Pino shoots at Henrietta you'd probably say "You suck Pino!"

Triela kicks a gate open OMFG!!

Pino vs Triela face off... now i really have to watch episode 13

over all on the manga/anime:

From Emilio to Bruno's partner to Franca to the butler guy. Yu Aida has a habbit of making you regret that the had to die.

Bruno's partner left a girl friend behind (too bad)
Look through Franca's kiddie pictures (awww)
Cristiano's Butler, the guy was really nice, he didn't have to die

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 9:22

regarding Pino's bridge-leap:
yay anime physics! ...or maybe he really is a cyborg! Laughing

regarding Triela vs Pino:
...I liked their final showdown in the manga a lot better. No words exchanged, no quarter, completely ruthless. Just kill or be killed.

the rest of it, from 'Etta getting her ass kicked on the bridge to the raid on the gas station to Angie's AUG HBAR... bad-fucking-ass.
I'd make another comment, but Alpha pretty much summed it up:
Xenomorph Alpha wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, in Episode 13, IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 10:13

WHAAAT!? It's not the setting like, in the manga!? It EPIC fails!! I was so looking foward to that fight when there was no one around but them and it was, as LoC put it, kill or be killed.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 10:28

I must say, that was pretty damn sweet. It’s going to be a long week waiting for the conclusion.

BTW, was I the only one who, at the very end was yelling, “Goddamn it Triela, don’t just stand there, shoot his ass!”

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 10:53

Ah, but my good Danjo, Triela has been reading Shakespeare and such thanks to her handler, so she understands the importance of Dramatic Tension Buildup™. XD;

That or she's just actively channeling Black Mamba from Kill Bill, but either is acceptable.

And fret not, dear...other Triela! >_>; The fight is a solo duel between Pino and the Princess-- the others are just there to secure Cristiano, as they were in the manga. Triela just gives Pino a longer chance to make his "You'll have to kill me to get through here" speech, since it's his last chance and all.

Artland, you best make this knife fight look GOOD. With DRAMATIC AS HELL MUSIC. Otherwise there will be so much shaking of interwebs fists. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 10:58

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:The fight is a solo duel between Pino and the Princess-- the others are just there to secure Cristiano, as they were in the manga.

The grudge match of the entire series - Lady Snowblood versus the Ace of Blades. Artland better not screw it up - goodness knows they've dropped the ball enough times already.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 12:21

@Nachtsider wrote:The grudge match of the entire series - Lady Snowblood versus the Ace of Blades. Artland better not screw it up - goodness knows they've dropped the ball enough times already.
I demand that they dedicate at least half the episode to the fight, and Triela better get her hug - or else.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 12:39

Actually I'd prefer it if they kept it the way it was in the manga, short and sweet.
Close combat fights that drag on are totally unrealistic and lose me straight away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 17:08

I just saw epiode 12!! I hated the Henrietta vs. Pino and it shouldn't have been there. When Jose grabbed Henrietta's hand it was cute! =^_^= The part when Triela was giving Pino the death stare was amazing!! I can't wait to see the fight!!!! Very Happy :yaay: <3

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 14:33

@Danjo3 wrote:I must say, that was pretty damn sweet. It’s going to be a long week waiting for the conclusion.

BTW, was I the only one who, at the very end was yelling, “Goddamn it Triela, don’t just stand there, shoot his ass!”

For those who are intersested the DVD:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-3981

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 17:52

@LoC978 wrote:regarding Pino's bridge-leap:

regarding Triela vs Pino:
...I liked their final showdown in the manga a lot better. No words exchanged, no quarter, completely ruthless. Just kill or be killed.

Concur. Speed, surprise, and violence of action...oh well, can't complain much, those three have been lacking way too often in the this series. That exchange of words just cheapen the epic feel...if AY really want to have Triela enter with a shotgun and didn't get disarmed, at that distance I would have her blow Pino's leg immediately, then the other, the the upper limbs, and with a grin stare into his eyes before taking her pistol back and let him eat the bullets. Man on Fire style....(okay...I guess this is Triela, not Rico).

Westnile, I like how they bring Triela back to the 1st round scene. She's facing her fears, her ghost of sour defeat, and found her resolve.

Etta vs. Pino was good, though. Reminds me of Jin vs. thug with a gun in Champloo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 18:01

AWS wrote:Actually I'd prefer it if they kept it the way it was in the manga, short and sweet.

I'm surprised you'd think the manga showdown to be short, AWS. As fight scenes in Gunslinger Girl go, the climatic fight between Pino and Triela was one of the longest, if not the longest.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 18:10

matosu wrote:For those who are intersested the DVD:
I]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-3981
I was interested for a minute there, that is until I got to the “Subtitles: None” part.

I know it wont happen, but it would be nice if the anime shows Rico a little love. I don’t know about the rest of you, but it always pissed me off that after all the poor kid went through, Jean just sat there in his car talking to Marco. He didn’t seem to give a rats ass about her. I’ve always felt that would have been a perfect hug moment. Of course at that time, Jean was still pretty much in asshole mode.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 18:33

I know it feels long in the manga, but the reality is that Yu Aida keeps putting other scenes in the way! Smile
In actuality it's not that long, there's the first meeting which has a few swings then Pino runs away.
He has a quick talk with 'foster father' after which Triela has a quick couple of swipes, then Pino throw's her over his shoulder and pumps her full of lead.
I presume some time passes because next thing we see is her flying through a
window at him, after which is a chat!
Next thing we see is Triela breaking a blade in half, inserting it in Pino and a rather quick heel kick, then there's the famous key/finger in neck scene.

My point is that while as a manga you can spend plenty of time disecting all this information you can't animate all this in slow-motion in an anime.
It will just become annoying, so in actuality the fight shouldn't really feel as long as it does in the manga.
If they do animate it all in slow-motion, personally I think it'll feel slower than what it's meant to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 22:29

chances are we're gonna be seeing something similar to Pino vs. Henrietta, a slide show of cut scenes of Pino and Triela going at it in slow motion.

i can remember the face off in the end of ep 12 going under the lines of
Triela: Pinocchio!!
Pino: Montalcino girl!!

Are there 15 episodes in the DVD, i think i heard it somewhere.

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:18

@LoC978 wrote:and it gives us more fuel for one of our debates...

-that's considerably more mechanical (and electrical) than I had originally envisioned. makes sense, though... and it looks like there's quite a bit of metal used.
Looks like an EMP burst probably would disable the girls, at least temporarily.

@Nachtsider wrote:I WIN! I WIN! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Guh? I lost. I lost hardcore. Has anyone spun this off into another thread yet? There are things to discuss. Issues to be resolved. Man this is really strange for me. I lost. Fuck. I must review my notes. There is much that requires adjustment, thoughts I must not lose.

@Tommygunner70 wrote:I wonder if Yu Aida supplied a photo of it or if the anime drawers did that...

if so... that dude is making some serious mile's
I remember an artwork book Yu turned out. The one that kind of defined the animation of season two. I'm to tired to track down the photo's right now. But they did look like the background was just someone putting water colors over a photo. So it would seem to confirm that Yu does have photo's of the area's where the anime takes place. Which is really impressive.

I'm sure it's just a freelance photographer though. Or something of the sort.

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:
Spoiler:
Additionally, when Triela is in a bad mood, she will not simply shotgun you. Oh no. She will CHOKE YOU WITH THE CARRYING STRAP.
You are not making it easy for me to wait for the translations. As that is completely, and totally BADASS!

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:23

@Wileama wrote:Guh? I lost. I lost hardcore. Has anyone spun this off into another thread yet? There are things to discuss. Issues to be resolved. Man this is really strange for me. I lost. Fuck. I must review my notes. There is much that requires adjustment, thoughts I must not lose.

Look for a thread called 'Cybernetics' in 'Claes' Secret Libary'.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 23:17

give the rest of it a shot. it really does get better. though the whole thing is more classically anime-ish.

... now if we could just get subs of episodes 6-13... *sob*

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 23:25

Well EP 13 raw is out and on the subject of does she or does she not some will be happy some will not. I do not know how to post a spoiler of the graphic scan sorry

Back to top Go down

DVD vol 1

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 19:08

DVD Vol 1 is up at http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=14761 it is just EP 1- 4 nothing else (it would be just like downloading the raws.) The reason I mentioned it before there were and might be still some first Press left, which is the only thing which made it worth wile. First press comes with things which when the first press runs out is never included with future DVD (in this case Vol 1.) This press included a second special features disk a metal book mark wit the GSG II logo and picture cards. It is not cheap 3800 yen. So if you do goto the first url sight and there are no more first press do not bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 4:22

right season 2??
that means i watched the season 2 before 1... aw...
i havent seen the season 1 tho which one is better??
i know both... lol
snipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 4:30

Season One was better-produced.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 7:21

season 1 is better in terms of animation, season 2 has a better story thou.

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 9:18

I’d have to say season 1 has 2 beat pretty much all the way around - but that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy 2.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 9:23

Ya over all season 1 beats season 2 hand down, watch season 2 before watching season 1 to avoid displeasure.

@Danjo I like the Pinocchio arc alot so i prefer the story of season 2

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 9:30

Season I: Flawless, amazing, super special awesome!

Season 2: Meh, Aright, THOSE GUNS >_< THOSE EYES THOSE CHARACTER DESIGNS, Episode 13 =D

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 9:40

@West Nile wrote:@Danjo I like the Pinocchio arc alot so i prefer the story of season 2
I can understand that. Season two is a Pino fans paradise. He and Triela are definitely the stars of the show.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 11:37

Episode 6 out by Triad, guys.
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 12:01

@Sintendo wrote:Episode 6 out by Triad, guys.

Shit yeah! Wink

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 23:47

It's about time!!

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 2:24

@West Nile wrote:It's about time!!

I'll say...

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 3:15

HELL YA! finally!

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 16 Apr 2008 - 14:27

Episode 5 Critique

Most Favorite Moment: The interaction between Hillshire and Triela. However brief, it really sets the mood for the series to come. Just as with the Pinocchio manga arc, it seems the faith is being kept in this being a focus on Hillshire and Triela's relationship.

Least Favorite Moment: The meeting and shootout at the start of the episode. It seemed to be too much like filler. I tried to folow it and see how it portained to the show or even the episode, but it appeared to simply not belong.

Overall Critique: Looks like I jumped the gun on Priscilla. If her being the emotional center was apparent in episode 4, it really stood out in episode 5. The interaction between her and Angelica nearly broke me in two. It was too much at times.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 0:29

Re: latest manga chapter ?

by AthrunZERO on Mon 28 Apr 2008, 8:35 pmA week pasted since the release of the chpter and no RAW in sight...

For those of you, who want to have something to listen while waiting. I have uploaded the Vocal album, released on the 23th:
Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino Vocal Album DDL on uploaded.to
Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino Vocal Album DDL on megaupload

Have Fun Smile

Though I think that most of you already have it Wink

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 0:30

Re: latest manga chapter ?

by AthrunZERO Yesterday at 8:21 pm
Thanks a million, AthrunZERO

Here's some more:
GUNSLINGER GIRL - IL TEATRINO - Original Soundtrack:
DDL Part 1 on Uploaded.to - DDL Part 2 on Uploaded.to
DDL Part 1 on Megaupload - DDL Part 2 on Megaupload
Includes booklet

I hope that someone will post Chapter 55 soon

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 0:45

Yes,completed the moving!

study

emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 6:05

OMG thank you so much! Does anyone have the It Teatrion soundtrack? I just have one track in mind that I realllllly wanna listen to (though I'm gonna buy the cd as soon as I can) It's the song when Triela and Peno fight towards the end of the episode when he dies. I think that's my favortie track in this season (which is sad because I liked so many in the first...)

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 22:23

@Triela wrote: It's the song when Triela and Peno fight towards the end of the episode when he dies. I think that's my favortie track in this season (which is sad because I liked so many in the first...)

It's already posted. It's the Main Theme. Also, that gentle cello song as Triela returned Pino's pendant is Kanashimi.

I found myself liking Tosca a lot, too. Reminds me of Cowboy Bebop Ave Maria song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 May 2008 - 16:32

Just a post to inform the world that Triad just released GSG Il 7! Smile
(happy days)
http://www.the-triad.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 13 May 2008 - 18:45

AWS wrote:Just a post to inform the world that Triad just released GSG Il 7! Smile
link to torrent
AWS wrote:(happy days)

Eyyyy!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 13 May 2008 - 23:55

Franco must have minor telekinetic powers. He can press the keys on a laptop by making typing motions in the air over the keyboard. Laughing

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next