'Emily the Strange' and our Cyborgs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Emily the Strange' and our Cyborgs

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 12:25

Hey Folks,

I stumbled on a little research for a next chapter about this picture:

It's Emily the Strange.

Etienne found the Comics in a local bookstore by accident and showed it his cyborg Emilie.
She found herself in the main character by looking on the cover and decided to buy the books.

Alright, now i want to known how your OCs or the canon Characters would react if they met Emilie reading that Comics and perhaps risking a short look on them.
Would they be a bit scared? Would they love it? And so on.
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Emily the Strange' and our Cyborgs

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 12:46

Love, love, LOVE Emily the Strange. Her bizarre, black-as-pitch blend of humor definitely isn't for everyone, but it works well enough for me. Been reading Emily-related literature almost ever since it first came out.

I freely confess that Liesel is based on Emily in many respects. Haven't depicted her as being exposed to Emily material, though. Maybe I should, as a sly nod to the creative process that led to her inception.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 14:01

I like Emily the Strange, so I imagine Kara would, as well. Wink

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10876

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 14:26

To be perfectly honest, schas, your Emilie and Emily the Strange have little in common besides their looks. Emilie is a sweet kid; Emily is quite twisted.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 14:56

@Nachtsider wrote:To be perfectly honest, schas, your Emilie and Emily the Strange have little in common besides their looks. Emilie is a sweet kid; Emily is quite twisted.
I know, it only was meant by the look.

Etienne and Emilie were in a local book store. She observed the shop and the persons around her.
He saw a comic book named 'Emily the Strange' laying next to him. He picked it up and showed the cover of the comic to his girl.
"Hey Emilie, she looks like you."
Emilie grabbed the book and stared on the girl presented on the cover. "Wow, you're right. She has long black hair and wears a black dress... like me." With bright eyes the looked up to her handler. "I want to buy all of them!"
Later they left the book store, Emilie carried a bag with all available books of 'Emily the Strange'.
Etienne laughed.
"Emilie with books about Emily, how ironic." He padded the head of his girl walking next to him. "You're really unique." Emilie simply smiled happily on their way back to the dorm.

Last edited by schaschanist on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 4:01; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 16:22

@Nachtsider wrote:Love, love, LOVE Emily the Strange. Her bizarre, black-as-pitch blend of humor definitely isn't for everyone, but it works well enough for me. Been reading Emily-related literature almost ever since it first came out.

I freely confess that Liesel is based on Emily in many respects. Haven't depicted her as being exposed to Emily material, though. Maybe I should, as a sly nod to the creative process that led to her inception.
I agree with Nacht and though some elements of Emily the Strange could be found in Rachel, Rachel is more like the Wednesday Adams type.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 16:30

@ElfenMagix wrote:I agree with Nacht and though some elements of Emily the Strange could be found in Rachel, Rachel is more like the Wednesday Adams type.

Rachel is way too high-strung to be like Wednesday Adams. Razz Incoming!

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10876

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 16:40

How would the other 1st gens react when they met Emilie reading the comics and maybe risking a look on it?

I guess Claes would only say something sarcastic.
Henrietta would be shocked by the weirdness.

Rico and Triela, i have no idea.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 16:53

Sadly, I've never read any Emily the Strange (though I've seen the clothes and accessories around... sorry, not a fan), however you can be pretty assured that Monty's view of anyone caught reading a comic is going to be very low indeed.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5701

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 17:05

@Alfisti wrote:Sadly, I've never read any Emily the Strange (though I've seen the clothes and accessories around... sorry, not a fan), however you can be pretty assured that Monty's view of anyone caught reading a comic is going to be very low indeed.
To be honest, I also only have seen the fan stuff here, but i loved it, i like weird and strange things.
I should read or at least buy the books. sweat

By the way, i found an example online:

In that point Emily is clearly the complete opposite to Emilie.
Emily enjoys her nightmares while Emilie suffers from them.
(You can see why in my upcoming chapter, hopefully within the next days or at the weekend.)
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 3:16

I know I've seen somewhere this character Emily on the net and lost at some point my mental note to find out more about her. (thanks for reminding me) Smile I guess therefore I can't really say much except that my OC cyborg is not permitted to interact with others unless it's official business, so it's unlikely she would get to see Emile reading the book, but if somehow Helen did get the chance, she'd probably enjoy it not necessarily so much for the content, but for the opportunity to see anything outside her daily grind and isolation.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1964

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 4:08

@schaschanist wrote:
@Nachtsider wrote:To be perfectly honest, schas, your Emilie and Emily the Strange have little in common besides their looks. Emilie is a sweet kid; Emily is quite twisted.
I know, it only was meant by the look.

Etienne and Emilie were in a local book store. She observed the shop and the persons around her.
He saw a comic book named 'Emily the Strange' laying next to him. He picked it up and showed the cover of the comic to his girl.
"Hey Emilie, she looks like you."
Emilie grabbed the book and stared on the girl presented on the cover. "Wow, you're right. She has long black hair and wears a black dress... like me." With bright eyes the looked up to her handler. "I want to buy all of them!"
Later they left the book store, Emilie carried a bag with all available books of 'Emily the Strange'.
Etienne laughed.
"Emilie with books about Emily, how ironic." He padded the head of his girl walking next to him. "You're really unique." Emilie simply smiled happily on their way back to the dorm.
Hmmm...Emilie does seem a bit "prim & proper" for such entertainment. Perhaps comic books might be her secret indulgence...something she keeps hidden under her pillow and only reads alone. If the other girls caught her enjoying such "common" entertainment she would flush red with embarrassment.

Perhaps instead of Etienne introducing her to the comic, her boyfriend Emiliano might do it?

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3421

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 4:34

I could imagine that Emiliano sometime had talked about 'Emily the Strange' with Emilie, but only by the way.
She possibly reminds that in the bookstore as Etienne showed her the book.
At the dorm I would say she hides the books in the drawer.

By the way, i ordered the first three books of 'Emily the Strange' today, each per 9,95 Euros.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 7:56

'Emily the strange' will become part of one of my next chapters, involving Etienne and Emiliano, that is what is have set now.

So i was thinking a bit about that.
Emily and Emilie ( Hmm... ) are having alot similarities in their appearance, both have long black hair, both wear black clothes, and both wear Mary-Janes. Plus both are 'strange in their own kind, Emily is really freaky strange, Emilie is only a bit strange (comes by her appearance in combination with her fine and quiet kind)
I would say, after i never had thought about her life before, Emilie already had worn black clothes.

But now more about reactions of our OCs, Cyborgs and Handlers. I really could use that for the chapter.
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 17:13

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:I agree with Nacht and though some elements of Emily the Strange could be found in Rachel, Rachel is more like the Wednesday Adams type.

Rachel is way too high-strung to be like Wednesday Adams. Razz Incoming!
Rachel: You would be high strung too if your report card also had "How Many Killed In Missions" as a grade!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 6 Apr 2011 - 17:22

@ElfenMagix wrote:Rachel: You would be high strung too if your report card also had "How Many Killed In Missions" as a grade!
Marisa: (peering over Rachel's shoulder) You still did better in "kills" than you did in Math class.

Rachel: Shuddup and help me change this D into a B before my handler sees it.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3421

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 0:46

Professor Voodoo wrote: 'Perhaps comic books might be her secret indulgence...something she keeps hidden under her pillow and only reads alone. If the other girls caught her enjoying such "common" entertainment she would flush red with embarrassment.'
That's a cool notion: comic books as a secret indulgence. That's very visually appealing in my mind. Emile looking over her shoulder while making her bed in case another came into her room there by spotting the for-her-eyes-only literature!
Rachel: Hey Emile what do you have there?
Emile: What where? Oh look! (pointing away)
Rachel: You're kidding right? Lessee!
Triela: What're you guys talking about?
Emile: Oh nothing! We were uh, you know, looking at that (pointing again)
Rachel: No we weren't
(points at pillow while smiling mischievously at Triela and Henrietta who just arrives as well)
Triela: Oh yeah! Now I see it!
(looking in the direction where poor Emile was pointing, meanwhile poking Rachel from behind so as to signal her cue to make a dive for the book)
Emile: Ahh!
(more girls arrive)
Marisa: Well, well, well, what do we have here!
(Emile reaches for her throwing knives and all the cyborgs dash out the door)
voodoo doll

Last edited by tremec6speed on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 7:07; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 4:23

I think Triela would be sympathetic, though. She strikes me as the kind of girl who would be very partial to comics. Claes, on the other hand...

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 4:43

Okay, pretty nice scenario, tremec.
But not really Emilie's reactions, even not in her actual unstable condition. She's a bit too reserved. Razz

She hides her books in the drawer, but only cause she's a tidy person and keeps everything on place (by the way the reason why her room appearing is so empty).

Tremec, i have to correct you her name is Emilie, spelled 'E m i l i e' (spoken it sounds like {ae-mi-lii}, with a long "i" at the end.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 10:06

@schaschanist wrote:...
Emily enjoys her nightmares while Emilie suffers from them.
(You can see why in my upcoming chapter, hopefully within the next days or at the weekend.)
Okay, it's done, the chapter "Suffering from Nightmares & Realizing the Need of Help" is released
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 7:03

Oops, sorry about that Schaschanist! sweat
Emilie, got it!
+ I'll read your story and understand her personality better!
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 8:13

@tremec6speed wrote:Oops, sorry about that Schaschanist! sweat
Emilie, got it!
+ I'll read your story and understand her personality better!
No Problem, mate. I thought a long time how to spell and her name correctly cause there are variation from country to country.
But my favorite was the french-sounding Emilie {ae-mi-lii}.

Luckily my ordered issues of 'Emily the Strange' arrived today, right in the moment where i talked about them in the chatbox. Good
I'm happy and want more of them. Evil
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum