Handler Debrief

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Handler Debrief

Post by Alfisti on Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 6:52

[A handler-oriented modification of Voodoo's "Interview with a Cyborg" questions]

Well, since Monty’s had her (albeit out of date) interview...

Jethro: ah, yes... Monty was having a whinge about this to me the other day.

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2? How did you wind up here?

Ok, my name is Jethro Blacker and I guess Monty and I could be best described as the SWA’s “away team”. We spend the vast majority of our time outside Italy’s borders, following our noses and intelligence gathering: information we pass back to the SWA. If it’s pertinent to what we’re doing we’ll act on it ourselves, otherwise the SWA will usually send another fratello out to deal with short duration jobs. Every so often we get roped in to do something if we happen to be close by, but not too regularly. That’s a good thing as being hauled away makes she-who-must-be-obeyed grumpy.

As to how I got here? Not much to tell really: I had a falling out with my previous employer, spent a few years making a nuisance of myself around Europe and the world in general. Then the SWA picked me up and said they’d pay me to do effectively the same thing, guess they had a gap needed filling and I filled it. [actually there’s a little bit more to it than that, it involved multiple strategy meetings and long hours put in culling down candidates – A]

2. What can you tell us about your cyborg’s conditioning?
Not much really I’m afraid. Monty’s build was pretty much complete by the time I arrived on the scene as our role was effectively pre-determined. I did get a say in her conditioning, but that mostly lined up with what the boffins had decided anyway. She’s lightly conditioned as with just the two of us it’s better to have a partner rather than a weapon.

3. Anything about her past?
I skimmed her dossier, it’s probably one of the duller ones: middle-class, French, practised parkour. Fell off a roof and woke up a cyborg. I don’t like people prying into my past, I figure I can extend Monty the same courtesy.

4. How do you feel about your cyborg? What is your relationship with her like?

We’re close but professional [read: he’s never been this close to someone in his life, doesn’t quite know how to deal with it, and wouldn’t know what to do without her – A][Oh now that's just not cricket – J]. We bounce off each other and one can usually cover the other’s weaknesses, and she’s bright, really bright. That’s brilliant, it’s like working with another adult and she can share the workload outside of simply breaking things; that, for me more than makes up for her foibles.

The foibles? Monty’s not really sociable, or good with people. I spend a lot of time during our visits to the agency smoothing feathers she ruffles, and sometimes wish she’d ask before borrowing some of my things... if only so I know where it’s gone. It’s a pain in the arse at the time but since we’re on the road anyway the social issues don’t crop up as much. In part it’s possibly because we are on the road so much that Monty’s social skills are lacking... I guess in a way that’s my fault. We weren’t so close at the start.

5. What are your favourite kinds of missions?
The ones I make up myself. Seriously, we don’t really have defined missions so much as one on-going job. Sometimes though Rome gets us to deal with something, and if that happens I’d prefer clean. Life gets so much more complicated once bullets and corpses get involved.

6. What kind of missions do you dislike?

See above? Look, we do intelligence and espionage... the occasional bit of thievery and romantic adventure. If we can get away without a shot fired, so much the better. Storming in, guns blazing isn’t our forte.

7. How do you like life with the SWA?

Honestly, life with the SWA isn’t much different from life before, so it’s pretty good. We get a monthly operational budget and it’s a nice change to have company on the road.

8. Do you get along with the other SWA staff? Anyone particularly stand out?

I’m not at the Agency compound enough to really get particularly friendly with anyone. Ferro’s good value, she’s the one we have the most contact with. I hear Elio Alberto’s been dragged in as well which should be interesting and Jacob was a good operator. Mancini’s a bit of a twat if I’m honest and I get the impression he’s not Her Majesty’s greatest fan.... and of course I couldn’t leave off without mentioning Jean: capable, competent, driven... but glad he’s over there not here.

9. Dining hall: Michelin Star or slop trough?

Food’s food. This isn’t bad food.

10. Is there anything that you miss being able to do since joining the SWA?
As I said: life hasn’t changed that much. Having to report back to somewhere is a little vexing but nothing major, Monty deals with most of it anyway [and they’re pretty good at dropping off the radar without telling anyone – A] Of course we have to swing past Rome a few times a year for Monty to get a check up or get patched up, which can be inconvenient, but not the end of the world.

11. Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?
Hmm, good question... I think many people would view Monty and my life as a sort of holiday. Somewhere quiet and out of the way would be nice. An alpine retreat, or a private island... I wonder if Pagani’s got one we can borrow.

12. Triela's teddy bear collection appropriate for a cyborg?

Why not?

13. Do you have a favourite colour?

Really? I mean really?

Ok, if I have to pull one out of the air: British Racing Green.

14. Is there anyone, fictional or otherwise, that you admire?
Well Alberto’s something of a legend back at the old office, but really anyone of planned a good blag. [Jethro wound up in the service looking for adventure, so though he won’t admit it, characters like James Bond, Indiana Jones, Allan Quatermaine, Charlie Croaker... if a little bit of Queen and Country was in the mix, so much the better – A]

15. If you could chose, how would you like to die?
Well fed, well drunk and before I realised what was happening.

Last edited by Alfisti on Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 21:17; edited 2 times in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5701

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Handler Debrief

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 12:40

I'll use earlier Michele for this, instead of Pactio, since he's more developed as a handler. Wink

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2? How did you wind up here?
Lieutenant Colonel Michele Pagani, Aeronautica Militare Reserves. My current role is as the handler to Kara Michelle Pagani. Together we're "trouble consultants".

As to how I wound up here, that’s a long and involved story. I’ve known about the Agency since Angelica, God rest her soul. I played a very minor role in the cybernetics the girls use and their programming/conditioning.

Prior to becoming Kara’s handler, I served in Public Safety as a liaison between Public Safety and the Polizia di Stato, the Guardia di Finanza and the Arma dei Carabinieri. I also worked with Interpol and counterterrorism forces in France, Northern Ireland, Spain and Columbia.

I trust the medical staff to provide her the proper level of conditioning to ensure she functions properly, but that she’s still a vivacious teenage girl.

I know a great deal about her past, thanks to her extensive use of social networking. I think knowing her likes, dislikes and hobbies helped our relationship, especially in our early months together.

I think of her as a daughter, but she thinks of me as more than a father-figure. We’re very close now, but I do my best to ensure we remain professional.

Ones where we are able to bring shock, maneuver and superior firepower to bear in order to overwhelm our opposition so they never have time to respond.

Ones where we can’t and things degenerate into a furball.

I tend to spend as little time as possible on compound, to be honest. I maintain an apartment in Rome and prefer to spend my off hours there.

Uh…sure. [Michele and Marco generally didn’t get along because of Angelica and he thinks Jean’s an arrogant ass. – K]

Well it’s certainly not Enoteca Pinchiorri, but the team who handles Sunday through Tuesday and Friday work wonders with what they’re given.

I miss the freedom to just go where I want when I wish to. This job requires me to be…on-call…at all times.

11. Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?
I would very much like to take Kara to Barcelona, or maybe Valencia. I love Spain.

I bought Kara a huge plush Collie dog to snuggle with at night.

Purple.

James Bond (delivered with a joking laugh).

In my sleep.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 18:04; edited 2 times in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10876

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 on Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 13:50

My main character, Jacob.

My name is Jacob Mehrandish. I was originally brought into the agency in order to help boost Section 2’s fieldable combat strength. At the time, Dante was starting to ramp up his operations and despite the advantages the cyborgs have in direct one-on-one confrontations, the SWA was finding itself increasingly outclassed and outgunned by sheer force of numbers. They needed more people. Recently, my role has changed to one of more strategic asset termination. We track down a target that has gone into hiding and take them out. Usually from a distance.

How I got here is a little…complicated. I got myself into some trouble a few years back down in Afghanistan. I worked as a training officer for a PMC and jumped into a Taliban ambush to save some Coalition soldiers that were pinned down. Ended up being taken hostage. I guess one of the boys I bailed out was a GIS commando who spread the word about be back to the top brass here in Rome and, before I know what’s happening, Jethro and his girl Monty are cracking heads, slitting throats and pulling my chestnuts off of the fire. I guess he liked what he saw as we were making our way out of that shithole, because a couple of weeks later, I’ve got Ferro visiting me in the hospital, offering me a new job.

2. What can you tell us about your cyborg’s Conditioning?
Which one? Okay fine, whatever. Sophia’s Conditioning wasn’t anything special. She was pretty much your run-of-the-mill, assembly line 2nd Gen. She could kill with the best of them without batting an eye, but out of combat she was just your normal, sweet little girl.

Melanie, on the other hand, is a…*ahem*…”special case”. I don’t know what wires got screwed up inside that head of hers, but she’s absolutely useless with just about any kind of firearm. Probably the only reason she hasn’t been tossed on the scrap heap is because she is terrifyingly good with that sniper rifle of hers. And seeing as how we’re tasked as a strategic recon/sniper squad, I guess Lorenzo figured it was good enough.

I looked through Sophia’s dossier when I first showed up and she was being built. She was a tragic case of “wrong place, wrong time”. Some Padania thugs grabbed her off of the street to use as a hostage and she ended up getting shot up pretty bad by both them and our own boys. I suppose Lorenzo felt sorry for her so he had her taken in and converted. Not much of an improvement, if you ask me.

The only things I know about Melanie are based on speculation. She was found in a back alley by paramedics in Napoli, dying of sepsis. Aside from that, we guess that she was trafficked into Italy from Japan as part of the child sex trade. A far too common story of late, unfortunately.

Sophia was great. She was smart, beautiful, clever and funny. She was the sweetest little thing you would ever meet. I remember people in the agency always telling me that she reminded them of the way Angelica was. You know, before she started to…break down. I loved her like a daughter. When she died I…part of me died with her.

Melanie…*sigh*…she’s okay. I mean, at first I couldn’t stand the little idiot. She was completely useless, couldn’t do anything right, wasn’t learning a thing I taught her–at least I thought–and in her first week of training, she got into a fistfight with one of the other cyborgs.
But, I don’t know, I guess she’s starting to grow on me. I can at least tolerate her now. She does try hard, I’ll give her that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone bust their ass as hard as she does. So yeah, she’s okay.

Clean ones. We show up, take the shot, pack up and go home. Short, simple and to the point. I’m perfectly capable of standing my ground in a protracted firefight, don’t get me wrong. But the longer that kind of thing goes on, the greater your chances of being shot. I’ve been shot before plenty of times through the years and let me tell you something: it’s not fun.

Like I just said: dirty missions. We’re supposed to be assassins, not front-line soldiers. Big engagement battles are best left to the boys with the personnel and equipment to deal with those kinds of situations. We have neither. Dirty missions also include ones involving extra “cleaning up”, if you know what I mean. The people we kill, nine times out of ten, deserve to be killed. I can deal with that. But putting a bullet in the back of some poor fool’s head just because they happened by and saw what they shouldn’t have it…I don’t like it. I know shit happens and you can’t always account for every variable, but it’s supposed to be Support Division’s job to make sure that shit doesn’t happen.

7. How do you like life in the SWA?
It’s life. I’ve got a place to sleep, a place to eat and enough money in my pocket to buy whatever I occasionally need. What more can you ask for?

8. Do you get along with the other agency staff? Anyone particularly stand out?
I used to get along with mostly everyone. That was before Sophia died though. Since then I guess I’m just not that interested in playing the whole “social game”.
Who stands out? Uh, let me see. Ferro, I guess, just because of how much she does that nobody ever sees. That woman practically runs this whole place. Jean might technically be the field commander in charge of Section 2, but Ferro is the one who makes sure everything runs smoothly. Jean can be replaced; the entire agency would fall apart without Ferro.

I still get along with Marco. We were friends before Sophia died and since then, that’s just one more thing we have in common.

Brian and Michele I…tolerate. Brian’s a good operator and I can respect him for that. I’ve worked with some of the SAS boys years back and they are some tough SOB’s. Michele I find is just too much of a stuck-up jackass for me to really like. He’s friendly enough and all, but the way he acts, the way he holds himself, you are always aware that the man has more money than you will ever see in your lifetime.

Mancini is a self-righteous prick. He’s like some puffed up, self-important peacock strutting around the yard demanding attention. And he’s a hypocrite. I’ve flipped through that Bible of his that he’s always going on about and I didn’t see anywhere in there that justifies the kind of work we do. So what the Hell he thinks gives him the right to look down his nose at everyone, I have no idea.

And then there’s Jean. I’ll be honest: at first when I started here, I couldn’t stand the man. He was just too hard, too cold. Now though, I can see where he’s coming from in terms of his desire for vengeance. I understand him more in ways that, while I’ll never like him, I can respect him on a whole new level.

9. Dining Hall: Michelin Star or slop trough?
It’s a Hell of a lot better than MRE’s or mess hall fare, that’s for sure. I try to stay away when Michele and Kara are cooking though. Too fancy for me. I never understood the obsession with all that snobby, gourmet food. No plate of pasta is worth thirty bucks; I don’t care how pretty it looks sitting on the damn plate.

10. Is there anything you miss being able to do since joining the SWA?
Not really. I wasn’t exactly doing a whole hell of a lot before joining up.

I think I’d like to do a road tour of Europe. Just get behind the wheel and drive. Go from Italy up to Switzerland, then across to Austria and down to Greece. Then drive back up to the Ukraine, Poland, across to Germany and France, and then back to Rome.

12. Triela’s teddy bear collection: appropriate for a cyborg?
It’s fine, I guess. I mean she’s still a fourteen year old girl, right? What’s wrong with her having a few teddy bears?

Are you serious? What is this, Teen Vogue? The hell kind of asinine question is that?

My father. The man left Palestine for Canada, leaving everything behind with no idea what he would find when he got there. He started from scratch and made a life for himself and his family. Those kinds of men build countries and make them worth living in.

15. If you could choose, how would you like to die?
With my hands wrapped around that bastard Giacomo Dante’s throat.
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 21:31

Brian walks in with a can of Guiness, drawing a bit of a questioning look from the interviewer.

Brian: What? You think I can't have a pint and answer questions straightforwardly?

Interviewer: Ergh... let's get on with this.

My name is Brian McDonnell; I am Allison's older brother and legal guardian through adoption facilitated by the Social Welfare Agency. The two of us specialize in asset recovery and mobile attack. We do rescues, vehicle recovery, getaways, high-speed pursuits, and--well, basically, the most ferocious and accurate drive-by shootings you will ever see outside of the military, put simply. Our drive-bys aren't about putting lead in the air so much as putting lead on target while aiming from a moving vehicle. And hopefully, that's plenty enough to describe our role.

As to how I got here; well funny story about that. I'd just finished working with Excalibur Tactical Group, which folded not due to lack of money, but because of a couple factors, not the least of which that we were falling under a lot of media scrutiny ever since that Blackwater lot continued to make headlines. The other factor is that we were one of many fish in a pond that was drying up. Simply put, without wars and threats, there was no money to be made. Now, I'd come home to spend more time with me mum, God bless her soul-- she was very sick, you see, and I was trying to get her the best doctors I could, but about two months after returning to Belfast, she passed away. I was in limbo at that point-- Thirty years old, plenty of money, and no idea what to do with it or myself.

Thankfully, before I even had a chance to fall into alcoholism or a cocaine habit, who should I meet in a London pub one day but Jean and Giuseppe Croce? I met those two blokes while in the NATO KFOR, and we decided to have a few pints and catch up. I told them my situation, Jean offered me a job leaving me in charge of a teenage assassin who cost as much as a bloody Eurofighter Typhoon to build. The rest is history.

Not much, beyond that it's fairly light so that she can commit the most brainpower possible when driving at high speeds. Let me tell you, I am completely depending on her not to crash when weaving through the streets of Rome at 60 miles per hour or more.

Of course, there's a bit of a problem with light conditioning. You see, Allison has a bit of a problem with lorries in that they are what she is most afraid of-- she can't stand their noise, size, and presence; they really frighten her a lot, and it's only thanks to Elio Alboreto and the sessions we go through with him that she's able to concentrate on the job while passing a road train convoy. She used to have huge panic attacks when passing around lorries, but with a lot of help from 'The Godfather', she's able to be around them more easily without losing her cool.

I read the report on her history as Shelby Mercer. She was a petrolhead from day one, she started in Karts, moved her way up to KF3 through KF1 karting, she even did Superkarting and Formula Vee. This girl loved to race more than anything, and this all took place before she even got a license. I'll bet if she kept at it, she had a shot at becoming the world's first female Formula One World Champion. And then the accident happened. Poor girl was just driving her mum and dad home from a nice dinner, and she ends up getting nearly obliterated by some bastard drunk driver in a lorry weighing at least three times the family car. That's why she has those problems with lorries. She doesn't know why she's afraid of them because she doesn't remember that life anymore. I'll tell her one day, but I don't think the time is right yet.

Life with Allison, it's... interesting. Stressful, to be sure, just look at my hair! (he points to a few stray grays on his brown scalp) Honestly speaking, Allison does drive me up the wall sometimes--no pun intended--especially when she has more caffeine in her system than I would normally allow. And she's got a lead foot heavier than my own, certainly she drives faster than I could reasonably fathom. Not that it's a bad thing, and I'll tell you why in a bit.

In all honesty, I care a great deal about Allison. She means the world to me. I was born an only child to a single mother, so most of the time, my mum was my family. Allison lost her parents when she got into that accident and had no one left. I had a void in my own life. I saw her, and I remembered my mum saying that everyone needs a family to belong to. So when I took her on, I did more than just make her my partner--I made her family and took on the responsibilities of a true older brother. It does mean putting my foot down on a number of occasions, but I want her to be happy. Matter of fact, I'd rather see the SWA compound burn than allow Allison to suffer through any sort of depression.

As for my relationship with her, well, as things go, on business, we keep it professional. Outside of business, we're family. Now, I'm not stupid. I know how she looks at me sometimes. Sometimes, we have to put on an act, the way we did in Rivalba. That kind of relationship, I'm not comfortable with. I see a little sister, someone to protect, but not a lover. No matter what, though, there has to be a lot of trust between us. I try not to keep secrets if I can avoid it, and Allison stays on the level with me in return. I trust Allison a lot, and that's why even though riding with her seems like the most dangerous thing for my life expectancy, I do it anyway, because I enjoy it, and most importantly, because I trust in her. And I have no doubts about Allison's skill. That promising young girl she was in her previous life continues to shine through to this day. Her ability can be described in three words: Stirling. Fucking. Moss. And that's all I have to say on that. Next question.

Like I'm sure many have already answered, clean missions. Ones where Allison and I go in, do the job (whatever it is)--smoothly--and then bugger off home to the tune of whatever driving music Allison or I have picked.

Any mission that ends up pear-shaped. I get pretty upset when I see Allison coming back with bullet holes in her. Also, there's a fine line between 'exciting' and 'lucky to be alive'. Too many missions have me wondering if I'm a cat treading on the last of his nine lives--or running up a debt of them.

I can't complain. The pay's almost equivalent to what I got with Excalibur Tactical, and I get an expense account, on-site medical access, lodgings, if I'm so inclined to stay (especially during the late nights). I work with pretty good people, and of course, I get to work with Allison. I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. There's obviously the underlying moral issues, but sometimes, you have to suck it up and realize the world isn't black and white, but constant shades of grey. What I do with the SWA, I do to give Allison the best life possible given the circumstances.

Well, for obvious reasons, there's Michele Pagani standing out, on account of him being extremely well-heeled. I get along with the bloke, but I feel a little bit humbled by his ability to make me aware that his sense for playing with economics is much more honed than mine. And the way he spoils Kara... I feel inadequate in terms of what I can do for Allison, but then again, nothing wrong with teaching Allison the value of making a little bit of a hustle where you can find it (which unfortunately includes looting the bodies of the slain).

Then you have blokes like Elio Alboreto. Like me, he was a halfie born out of wedlock, grew up with a single mum... but I think he's cool on account of the fact that he's old-school SAS and MI6. He's got a wealth of experience to draw from, and mum always taught me to look to one's elders for guidance. If I need a second opinion, Elio is the man to consort with. He also helps greatly with Allison's lorry problem because he helps his own Marisa with her panic attacks.

I'd rate it at 'diner fare' grade. Most days, you have plenty of decent food, but there'll be at least a small modicum of grese involved in making it. However, when you have fratelli like the Paganis and the Schmidts working, the food quality improves even more, and the chefs start taking notes.

I just haven't really found time to take out the Marcos all that much, and even though it's a modern car, I certainly want to run it on a regular basis to keep the fuel from varnishing. Next chance I get, I'll make the run back to England and bring the Marcos back across the channel.

I would like to take Allison to the Great Barrier Reef one of these days. I was there with my Aunt Vicki as a lad, and it was a beautiful place to be in. I'll probably get an HSV Commodore or something to rope Allison into the trip and let her do the driving...

If not Australia, then Miami ought to be a nice place to visit. I've never been there before, and any place sunny and warm with white sand beaches is a plus.

Certainly. It's more age-appropriate than say, a stable of cars turned fire-breathing, barely street-legal race machines, and it doesn't scream 'midlife crisis' like my Marcos and MD 500 Helicopter *chuckles*. I'm only thirty, by the way...

Well, this question is certainly out of left field... I'd have to answer black.

As I said before, I have a lot of respect for Elio Alboreto.

Peacefully, and without having to see Allison cry for me.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 5:51

NOTE: Character scrapped. Will reinvent him sometime in the future.

Salvatore Battaglia, so called 'handler' agent.
My connections informed me of these operations and I wished to be a part of it for the time being.
Defective. I have filed a report on on it's inability to effectively control cyborg behavior.
(referring to his charge's having shown interests to interact with others particularly with another agent named Vinson.)
Adoption center exploded probable terrorist attack, she was found dying. The Agency made her what she is now.
The question's irrelevant, You cannot have a 'relationship' with a machine.
5. What are your favorite kinds of missions?
I do not have preferences, I simply enjoy a direct hands approach to organized crime reduction.
I prefer to work alone, so any mission where I am called upon to assist I rather get it over with and done.
I don't.
Incompetents the lot, Lauro is an exception however. He'll go far.
I never eat there. That's where those things eat.
They should be fed intravenously.
I'm at leisure to come and go as I choose. Lorenzo and Jean have made it a point to fight me on this issue, an act they will soon regret. My connections in government and corporate circles will make it clear to them their proper place here.
This topic is not your concern, next.
Absurd. I doubt it even understands the purpose of having a toy.
This foolish sentimentality will be the death of us all.
No.
My father. Cut down by filth not unlike the Padania. This however, is not your concern.
How I die does not matter to me, rather how I live is what is important.

Last edited by tremec6speed on Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 22:02; edited 3 times in total
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1964

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 14:09

My name is Etienne Lucien Breaux. My cyborg is Emilie.
I was at the BSSS, the Belgian State Security Service before. At first agency asked me to join for undercover missions and covert operations but after the death of some cyborgs in action they decided to make me a handler cause of my special martial arts and CQB skills.

In general I feel strange by thinking of that. I know she needs it to work, but since this incident she receives a complete different, significant lighter dose.

Emilie is the daughter of my best childhood friend, I know her since she was a baby and have seen her growing up. A gas pipe explosion killed her family and she survived heavily wounded and amputated. But after she got converted she didn't remember who I am.

I took her as a last promise to my died friend but hadn't thought about the consequences and feel guilty.
Seriously, I would do everything for her, everything.
We have a relationship like 'father and daughter' and she let me feel happiness every time she smiles. She really is like the daughter I never had.

Undercover missions and covert operations, simply all missions where I can have Emilie next to me.

Gunfights. I'm a fighter and hate bullets flying around me.

Mixed emotions about that. I like it to have my lovely girl Emilie always in my near. But I feel a bit strange by reminding that she only is a tool for the agency.

Most of the others are just workmates but some others are a bit closer to me. Priscilla likes Emilie and often asks me about her condition.
But I don't like Jean very much. Of course, he's a good commander but I hate how he treats the girls.

Good food, pretty tasty. I only miss some of the specialties of my country.

Not really. Here I can spend a lot of time with Emilie, so I'm happy.

Brugges. Emilie always eats the chocolate sea shell pralines from there and I want to take her to Belgium, our native country.

Well, I gave Emilie a small stuffed penguin called Tux. I thought it was a funny little gift to brighten her up and now she loves this penguin.
I think every sweet girl should have a stuffed friend.

Blue, *laughs* especially this of Emilie's eyes.

I'm my own idol.

I don't want die. If I have to then by protecting Emilie.
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 22:41

@Kiskaloo wrote:4. How do you feel about your cyborg? What is your relationship with her like?
I think of her as a daughter, but she thinks of me as more than a father-figure. We’re very close now, but I do my best to ensure we remain professional.
Monty: That's not what I saw.

@tremec6speed wrote:9. Dining hall: Michelin Star or slop trough?
I never eat there. That's where those things eat.
Salvatore is turning into a supremely interesting character. For someone who came in of his own accord he certainly seems quite adverse to the SWA lifestyle. Razz I assume he sees it as a means to and end...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 23:25

This took longer than I thought...but here's Elio;

Elio Alboreto, formerly 22nd SAS, formerly British Ministry of Intelligence. I was on the verge of retiring and re-opening my father's bar in Monza when an old friend you may have heard of, Pieri Lorenzo, approached me and asked for help with a program he was involved in.
Ostensibly I specialize in underwater operations but they find a lot more for me to do than that. When Pieri came knocking he told me he had a terrific group of young to middle aged staff but no mentors to help them develop professionally. He was particularly concerned about his Field Commander and 2nd in charge...Jean Croce.
In addition, although I hold no formal rank beyond cyborg handler I serve Old Lorenzo as something of a Consigliere.

(takes a deep breath) Can I assume this is classified? Good. Marisa's conditioning situation is rather problematic. She's designed & conditioned to be a diver, with as strong a love for the sea as any cyborg has for her handler. Unfortunately we discovered that the very conditioning medication cocktail which makes a cybernetic body possible could kill her when placed under hyperbaric pressure. Sadly, we killed one cyborg finding that out.
As a result Marisa can not be given a full dose of the conditioning meds. Obviously this leads to unique problems. She suffers from anxiety issues and struggles to maintain concentration...it's like having a cyborg with a massive case of ADHD.

Wow...nothing happy there. Drug addict mother, abusive orphanage. That kid fell straight from the pages of a Dickens novel. I think it's safe to say she never had a single happy day in her entire pre-cyborg life.

(heavy sigh, wan smile) We both know it's not the complete truth, but I'm as close to a father as she's ever had...and she's as close to a daughter as I'll ever have. In the beginning I tried keeping my professional distance but it just didn't work. She wasn't learning, her anxiety attacks were getting worse...I was ready to give up until I made the conscious decision to treat her like a real daughter. It worked, for both of us.
Now, that doesn't mean life is all sunshine, rainbows & happiness. She's expected to live up to standards...and when she doesn't there'll be hell to pay, guaranteed.

Well, I believe that in a perfect world the kind of missions we do would be unnecessary, so I'll twist your question. What I'm good at is dealing with the sorid underbelly of the world. Murderers...dope dealers...human traffickers, they're all just another day at the office for me.

Protocol. I've never much liked handling VIP's and dealing with self-important politicians...my cyborg isn't much good at it either.

(rolls his eyes) Well, it's certainly keeping me young...or perhaps making me old before my time. Never in nearly four decades of service did I imagine my last job would be working with an Agency full of adolescent girl assassins.

I'd say I get along rather well with my colleagues. Nobody outright hates me...at least nobody I know of! Standouts? We could be here all week discussing that. There are no ordinary people here at the Agency.

Well, I've had better, I've had worse. Let's just say they're good at what they know, but things get sketchy when they experiment.

Well, I was looking forward to being retired. The more I think of it though, I'd have been a complete failure as a civilian. There are some things you just can't shut off like a valve after 35 years. I'd have probably gone crazy...most likely have slipped back into doing too much dope. Lorenzo really did me a favour by talking me into delaying retirement.

More to the point; I haven't been to a race in two years, but hopefully this summer will be different...Marisa is up to speed so we can take a little more time off and perhaps hit a few Formula One, MotoGP or World Superbike rounds.

Don't tell Marisa but I'm working on something in Belize...a week of riding motorcycles through the jungles, then a week of diving the reefs. Have I been there? Yes, during SAS jungle training...but that was hardly a vacation.

The Princess has a teddy bear collection? I try not to spend a lot of time in the girls' dorm...it's really no place for a man my age. But if so; ye gods...yes! It's probably the only normal thing about these girls' lives!

This sounds like a question left over from the girls' interview! Alright...since you asked I'm up to the challenge. Lately my favorite colour has been a rusty shade of red...such as I see braided into two pig-tails every single day. (chuckling) Did that answer make you gag? Well, ask a stupid question, I'll give a stupid answer.

The Mahatma Gandhi. Just an ordinary bloke who changed the world through sheer willpower and conviction to morality. He lived his life to a standard that I've never even come close to achieving.

Alone, I hope. That might sound strange but I know I will outlive the only person I have any real emotional bond with. Once my own time is up I'd like to slip out quietly & unnoticed.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3421

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 23:48

@Professor Voodoo wrote:13. Do you have a favourite colour?
This sounds like a question left over from the girls' interview!
Indeed it is, but you know what? It's providing some of the, to me, most interesting replies. Wink

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 0:54

Alfisti wrote: "...For someone who came in of his own accord he certainly seems quite adverse to the SWA lifestyle. Razz I assume he sees it as a means to and end..."
Right cha are Alfisti! He's the bitter man he is because as a child his dad was murdered by a man that got away from the police. Some people move on, 'tore can't, he doesn't know how so he has spent his life obsessively trying to gain power in order to feel in control. Being a part of the Agency means he can lash out at criminals, there by venting somewhat. (when he's not venting at Helen)

Last edited by tremec6speed on Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 4:06; edited 3 times in total
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 1:06

Name? Fernando. Fernando G. Enough with the James Bondisms. I am... what am I? Oh yes. I am a double agent, working for both the American CIA and the Italian SWA in a mission against nuclear terrorism. How I got here? I blame them. The both of them...

Both girl are on a minimum dosage as possible.

Besides one being my daughter and the other my wife? You would need to talk to them about their pasts.

Feel? What do I feel? My feelings for them are only for them to know. You are to just observe me take aspirin by the bottle load every night.

I'm only supposed to deal with possible nuclear terrorist threats.

All the other frivolous missions the SWA Agency puts me through.

Free food, free room. Oh god I hate this place!

With the exception of Jean, I get along with most of the staff of the SWA. Claes stands out because sometimes she forgets to feed Meeshie when I'm out on missions and Meeshie wrecks my room. You'd think that such a little cat cant do much damage, but dont feed her and watch how she does it.

Slop trough, unless they are serving a specific brand of canned ravioli. Then its the Michelin Star.

Sleep.

Home, in my bed, alone.

What she does is her business. At least she is not collecting body parts from completed missions.

Red. Blood Red.

Lets see... Some guy named Fernando G. He's a double agent who works for the American CIA and the Italian SWA.

Die? I cant die. Not just yet. But if I have too die? In my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like his passengers.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 2:13

Nicco Corelli (milquetoast star of The Patchwork Fratello) takes his turn...

Nicolo Corelli, formerly of Public Safety. I was brought into Special Operations Section Two mostly for my own protection. I wrote a report exploring possible connections between murders committed in art galleries. Unfortunately, since the murderer is likely a member of the Italian intelligence services it made me a target of the murderer, so I was moved onto the compound & assigned a cyborg bodyguard.

I'm Dario's second handler, so I was not around when she was new. According to the dossier her conditioning is considered "recommended levels" as laid out by the Field Commander.

She broke her neck diving into a lake. When I first read that I thought it was horrible...she was comatose...her family abandoned her to the State. But the more I learn about the other girls the more I think Dario had it easy. I mean, have you heard how Triela wound up at the Agency?

I'm...really not sure how to react around her. She's so much more powerful & competent than I, yet I'm told I have complete authority over her. It seems so easy for all the other handlers, but I have no clue what our relationship should be. To be honest I'm terrified of screwing up around her...she deserves better.

Ummm...the ones where I stay safe and just do research.

*gulp* The ones that might get me killed...like the one I'm on now.

Every single day is a terrifying challenge and I seem to find new ways to screw things up at an unbelievable rate.

For a bunch of professional killers they've been extremely nice to me. I'm sure they get annoyed at the fact that I know nothing of their world, but I haven't once felt ostracized for it.

I suppose I know the gang that took me out drinking best. Pagani, McDonnell, Mancini, Mehrandish & the younger Croce brother. They sent me out with Alboreto but to be honest I was too freaked out to really say I've gotten to know the guy. Priscilla seems nice, if a bit flighty.

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not much of a cook so having a dining hall available where I can eat for free is terrific.

Go out alone, unprotected. I used to love taking my lunch hour in the Piazza di Spagna, sitting on a park bench with my book & a sandwich (the limit of my cooking skills). Until this murder case is resolved all that is history.

If it were just me I'd love to spend a whole week in the archives of the Uffizi, the Louvre or the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. I've got a cyborg to consider now...and she'd be bored stiff by that. I guess any vacations I take in the near future will have to involve rollercoasters.

Claes has told me about that...she vents sometimes. Triela was the first cyborg I ever met, although I didn't know it at the time. She seemed so poised & well educated; I find it charming that she has such a collection...although Claes' books are of more interest to me.

I'm rather fond of brown.

I've lived my life with my nose buried in one book or another so I could give you a list two kilometers long if you had the time. I suppose I identify with Cervantes' Don Quixote the most...an idealistic misfit born in the wrong time...I feel a lot like that sometimes. Most of the time actually.

(passes out)

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3421

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy on Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 19:21

*Taking a cigar from his leather case* Colonel Henry Murdoch, United States Army, Retired."
*Sighs* "I'm CIA, not Section 2... I'm assigned to work with them, not for them."

"Dusty's conditioning was kept to a bare minimal. This ensures that she is more of an independent thinker, something I find much more useful than just some robot with no free will."

"Dusty was a troubled kid. Had no parents, no future. After she was shot, the Agency gave her a second chance at life... Not that a government agent leads a good life, per se, but it's better than spending the rest of one's existance in a coma."

"Dusty is like a daughter to me. I like to think we have a good relationship. I give her her space and she appreciates that."

"I like working in Africa and some parts of Eastern Europe. Developing nations often have problems they are unequipped to deal with, and quite often we are sent in to handle it."

"I'm not fond of working in Southeast Asia... too many bad memories. I don't care for jobs in big urban centers." *Under his breath* "Like here..."

"The facilities are nice. Hardware is top-notch. Some years ago, I'd have also said that being located in Italy meant a ready supply of attractive women.. but at my age..." *shrugs*

"I do, for the most part. I'm on friendly terms with most of the other handlers, though I mainly keep to myself."

"It's better than the CIA building's cafeteria... Though given my years in 'Nam, I can eat just about anything that doesn't try to eat me first."

"Well, I do have a nice place back in the States... Some day, I'd rather like to see it."

"I wouldn't mind going back to Scotland. I was born there, after all."

"... I take time out of my busy schedule to do this bloody interview, and all you can think to ask me about is some girl's toy collection?"

Erm, moving on...

"No."

"Colonel Harold Moore, of the 7th Cavalry. Met him once, good man."

"I'd like it to be in the process of making a difference."

Last edited by Good ol Boy on Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 12:40; edited 2 times in total
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by badbart101 on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 23:51

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?

My name is Scott Mars, and I would be Rina's handler. As for a more specific role in Section2 well I am a field agent obviously.

I believe the conditioning can only hurt the potential a given cyborg has, including Rina. Don’t get me wrong I understand that’s it needed however she is only given the bare minimum. This way she is able to think freely on her own. A Marine adapts and overcomes all obstacles and enemies. In order to do this she must be free to make her own decisions.

Her father was targeted and killed in a car bombing. She happened to be right there when it happened. Other then that I understand she was a happy girl with a normal life.

I like Rina she's a cute kid. I'm hard on her, so much so that some of the other handlers have spoken to me about it. What I do during training with her is only to prepare her for real combat. The more she bleeds with me the less she will in the field. She seems to be quite attached to me. If I lose something chances are Rina has stolen it from my room. As far as how I see her I don’t
know just yet.

The ones that end in success.

The ones that end in failure.

Its quite here. Even the missions are quite. The SWA is just a stepping stone for me though. A temporally placement until I start over.

Everyone seems to be nice. Jean and I do not see eye to eye on things. I do admire Hilshire for doing what he had to do save Triela. I'm not sure if that roomer is true but I rather think it is then find out otherwise.

I just want a god damned steak burrito.

Going home but the SWA didn't take that from me.

11. Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there
before?

I always wanted to go to Russia so much history. Or maybe Korea.

This goes back to my feelings on the conditioning. In Triela's case it shows that she is unique, I find it quite appropriate.

13. Do you have a favorite color?

Black is tactical so I guess black.

President Abraham Lincoln for his integrity.

In my sleep.
badbart101

Male

Forum Posts : 45

Fan of : Triela/Hilshire

Original Characters : Scott Mars/Rina De Luca

Comments : Prior to reading Gunslinger Girl I would have never thought I would enjoy any manga, but after finding it by pure chance at Borders I have found a new hobby.

Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Thu 28 Apr 2011 - 16:31

1.Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2? How did you wind up here?
Nikias Stavropoulos. I’m Anastasia’s handler. Our role is best described as “the tip of the spear.” She is second generation, but I had her built solid, more like the gen one’s, so we act as the SWA’s shock troops. Guile and cunning are all well and good, but sometimes you just need to kick in a door and get things done. We are to ones that “do”.

As to how I wound up here, I used some a connection to get a job with SWA section one, got read in on the cyborg program, applied to be a handler and my credentials took care of the rest. (His “connection” is his mom, who’s family is deeply involved in Italian politics, though not especially high up. It was the same mom who made the phone call and a bushel full of political promises to get him the handler job, but Nikias doesn’t know that. – T)

2.What can you tell us about your cyborg’s conditioning?
Nothing, really. The doctors provided a recommended amount. I just stuck to that. And they told me I could edit it if I wanted, but I don’t see a need to get involved at this point.

I think they mentioned to me once how difficult it was to blend the new conditioning with her specs. Something about having to rewind to an older formula, while adapting it to newer parts. Not my problem.

3.Anything about her past?
Bianchi gave me her file: too long, didn’t read. Her past doesn’t really matter now. It’s gone. What matters is the future. My future.

4.How do you feel about your cyborg? What is your relationship with her like?
At first she screwed up so bad I thought she was broke. Since then, I’ve decided to give her a second chance. She is a tool for me to use and I intend to do so, for as long as she lasts.

5.What are your favourite kinds of missions?
The ones where I have a clear cut enemy, none of that “Cloak and Dagger” stuff. Plenty of opportunity for glory.

6.What kind of missions do you dislike?
Recon. There isn’t much worse than watching some terrorist go through his boring-ass workday, go home, eat his plain-ass dinner and sleep with his ugly-ass wife in the hopes that at some point he will give you a single snippet of information.

7.How do you like life with the SWA?
*shrugs* I’ve made it pretty clear this is just a job to move me into something further. I don’t think that line of thinking is so rare around here.

8.Do you get along with the other SWA staff? Anyone particularly stand out?
I get the impression most around here don’t like me very much. That’s fine by me. I get along better with the members of the SRT than any handlers. They tend to be more straight-forward.

9.Dining hall: Michelin Star or slop trough?
I don’t eat there if I can avoid it, but when I have to its not so bad. I’d eat it even if it was worse than it is.

Not really. Same shit, different day, mostly. The hours are kind of long but the pay makes up for it. I do miss Athens sometimes. Its been kind of a shit-storm over there recently, though.

11.Where would you like to spend your next vacation? Have you been there before?
A backpacking trip. Probably somewhere in North America. The Appalachian Mountains, perhaps.

12.Triela's teddy bear collection appropriate for a cyborg?
It’s dumb. I mean, teddy bears are for kids, right? Who gives their brainwashed, cybernetic assassin a teddy bear? You can’t buy back her innocence with a stuffed animal Hillshire.

Periwinkle Blue. What the Hell kind of question is that?

I don’t know. Euclid I guess. He was pretty much a badass.

Doing something ridiculously heroic. If I’m gonna die I may as well get a damn bridge or something named after me.

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 434

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sage44 on Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:15

Brent is thrown a paper having all the qeustions in it by Michel. " Yeah ... that's yours ! "

* Get's out blue pen and is ready to write and opens the pamplet * " Crap this is long " * sits down in the area of the

1.Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2? How did you wind up here?
A handler...I'm a handler... a stupid handler.... how I wounded up here. Not listening to my sister. Puzzled

2.What can you tell us about your cyborg’s conditioning?

She is conditioned enought. There was a little extra because she barelly listened. And it was not really out of rebellion. More like... her ears weren't working well. That's why she does not eat much.

3.Anything about her past?

She was a rich girl is what I heard. Preaty rich. Had a large loving family,then a robbery took place,bam bam, fathers dead, mother has no money, the SWA gave her ALOT OF EUROS to get Michel and Fillala. So thease girls could be living a regular life right now though.... maybe.

4.How do you feel about your cyborg? What is your relationship with her like?

Are relationship was the best when she was younger. When she got older,she reminded me of my brother, so I cut her hair. Crappy IDEA!!!! I swear if she was not conditioned she would have SHOT ME!!!!!!!!!! People called her a fudging boy! That's why she wears dresses and skirts more often. And when she is forced to wear boys clothing she ... well .... flips off or wears her bows. So I will say ... are relationship is great... enought.
cheers

5.What are your favourite kinds of missions?

When Michel wears a dress. I sound so like a pedo right now don't I. When she uses a katana.

6.What kind of missions do you dislike?
When that cyborg of mine uses her guns. I think a katanna is more in her style.... I did not spell that right didn't I. Can't do anything about it now. Well anyway she is bad at close range shooting and she does that most often. Once I saw her using the katana I gave her in a mission, I was convinced she is better when using it. Also when a highly conditioned girl is in the picture. I SWEAR!!!!!!! Rico and Venus are the worst people to be next to....

* shall be countinued *
sage44

Female

Forum Posts : 72

Fan of : AxisPower Hetalia,GunSlinger Girl * duh *,Ouran High School Host Club

Original Characters : Michel " Minx ",Fillala,Brent Cose,Cirus and more

Comments : My favorite charrie from GSG is Claues,she a smart-aleck and so cool.

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 22:39

@theprodigalson wrote:As to how I wound up here, I used some a connection to get a job with SWA section one, got read in on the cyborg program, applied to be a handler and my credentials took care of the rest.
I wonder if having been formerly part of Section One would serve to cause some extra suspicion around Nikias from the other Section Two staff (because as if he didn't have enough problems fitting in there already... though I get the impression that doesn't faze him much). Alternately, how would Section One view his transfer?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 9:18

Plans changed, sorry. Will fill with relevant data once I can get the plot back on board.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1154

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 23:36

Name: Edward Brooks. Specialist subject: Surveillance in hostile environments. I was ordered to be here... fine. Got bored guarding fields from Russian tanks, so joined 14 intelligence company. Even more bored guarding fields from Russian tanks afterward, and Lorenzo's a friend of my Mother's. He heard I was looking for a job on civvy street and... well... the man who turned up to offer me a job was driving a Ferrari.

High enough for her to function, low enough for her not to come under the conditioning cosh. What else would it be?

Mother's boyfriend did a number on her when she finally snapped. SS (The security service, AKA MI:5) knew you lot were looking for unattached girls, and it wasn't hard to persuade the hospital staff to collude when Mother wanted to turn off the life support.

My cyborg is like my favourite gun-dog.

Successful ones.

Any with a type one cyborg and her handler. Their idea of subtlety is using one grenade instead of two. The girls can't look at a target without looking like they're about to shoot him, and the handlers look like undercover agents. They also can't cope with the concept of putting in months of painstaking intelligence work then having the local plods waltz away with the credit, more often than not making it clear we'd known everything about the cell in the process. I don't particularly like direct-action either: The courts exist for a reason, and assassination - sorry, slip of the tongue I meant targeted killing - has minimal impact on the lifespan of a terrorist organisation assuming it doesn't make it more virulent and create martyrs. As a last resort, or a couple to eliminate key facilitators and bomb-makers are fine. It'll disrupt the organisation and divert their resources into protecting their leaders - assuming people still want that position, but as an overall policy it's counter-productive.

But the higher echelons don't have the ball... who's seeing this interview? Let's move on: Next question.

No, no, do continue.

Next question.

Successful and quiet.

Good enough. Jean needs to relax, Jose needs to have the purpose of an expense account explained to him and Pagini needs to learn that supercar and clandestine, and designer and clandestine don't go together.

It's free. Does it matter?

Get a decent cup of tea.

What's the purpose of this interview? If this is a psych evaluation, it's shite, and if someone's making an in-house magazine... well, the only people insane enough to make one are the girls. Need I say more?

At this point, I reminded Edward he'd been ordered to the interview

I'd like to spend my next holiday on a private island, as far away from cyborgs, terrorists and asinine questions as possible.

No.

Why?

Do I really have to give this question any more validation than the grossly disproprtionate amount it's already got? The visual aesthetic of the bears may be a classic and designed to engender feelings of pleasure and contentment in those observing them, and as a culture, the image of a child holding a bear is one that, as an icon, makes the viewer see the child as young, innocent and in need of care. However, that cultural shorthand is undermined by the fact that the bears are static display ornaments and therefore are contra-indicated and hence fucking pointless.

Yes.

I, once again, reminded Edward that he has been ordered to be co-operative

You think this is unco-operative? It's grey.

I could tell you, but then I'd be prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act.

Painlessly while making the world a better place.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 0:27

Edward is a very interesting fellow: antisocial, resentful of authority, and solitary. Observation and data-handling suit his personality well, I think. I felt a little uneasy about his description of his relationship with Rebecca, until I twigged that he probably sees everybody around him as tools or obstacles.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1748

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 2:45

A very no-nonsense kind of guy. Just the kind of operative the Agency needs me thinks.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 3:41

Gunther answers all questions in the same manner: emotionless, expressionless. Voice a steady low pitch. The interviewer ask DeSica to get comfortable after seeing how he appears with his awkward, rigid way of sitting on the chair. The handler replies that he is. After a few seconds of silence, the questions begin:

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section 2?
Hello, my name is Gunther Roghan DeSica. I am a handler to a killing machine and am allowed involvement in R&D.

It is not classified as a cyborg. Some of the staff have coined the term cydroid as a reference to a synthetic clone of a living being.
Conditioning has thus far proved mostly incapable of restraining her synthetic brain.

Technically, none. The only past she remembers is that of the person she was made after.

I feel curiosity towards technology and science in general.

I meant towards Ayden, your partner.
Yes. Ayden is an experiment, it is technology.

Oh.... I see. (makes notes) Um, ok....

I do not have any preferences.

I have no preferences.

I like sitting in my brother's office.

Your deceased older brother Lauro.
.... Perhaps we do not really-.... I....Yes.... I like that.

We do not really what?
We may not necessarily .... I think.... maybe death, traveling towards ....technically.... (moments pass)
I like being in the room. I like being.... (voice slows down, pitch remains the same, seconds pass between each word) ....in ....the ....room ....and ....think.

I, I see.... (interviewer decides to have the Agency psychiatrist pay him a visit.)

Yes, I get along with my co-workers. I believe I do. No.
(he is as awkward and robotic with everyone else as he is with the interviewer. He mostly keeps to himself, but when the occasional brief conversation comes up with co-workers, he'll attempt a smile in an effort to 'fit in' with the rest earning him an occasional joke behind his back about what a wierdo he is since the smile is usually odd-looking and visibly forced)

I cannot taste food.

My room. I cannot go as often, because I work.

Your room?
Yes, at home in the apartment my brother and I shared. He went out and sometimes let me help him in different.....'jobs'.
He'd give me books to read and I could think alone in my room. Sometimes we would go out to eat. (cracked an awkward smile, fades quickly)
I... still think....

I um, see.
I do not know. I have not thought about that. I have not been to one.

I was not aware it had toys. I do not know the answer to that question. Perhaps the conditioning doctors are more qualified to give an appropriate reply.

13. Do you have a favorite color?
I had one, I remember having one. (seconds pass) I was a child at that time, I believe.

My brother Lauro.

15. If you could choose, how would you like to die?
I have no preferences.

The interviewer thanks the robotic-like agent.
Gunther makes another odd-looking, short lived smile and leaves quietly.
Notes are written for a future meeting with Chief Lorenzo and Jean concerning this man and his role in the SWA....

Last edited by tremec6speed on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 6:54

Hmm, "robotic" does seem to be the way to describe him Tremec... I get the impression you were almost going for something where the "cyborg" (ish, in Ayden's case) is more human than the handler. Though some of the responses suggest he wasn't always like that?

Vett[font='Verdana'][color=white] wrote: ...and if someone's making an in-house magazine... well, the only people insane enough to make one are the girls. Need I say more?[/color][/font]
I take it he's one of those whom does not read fQ then? Razz

@Vett wrote:Do I really have to give this
question any more validation than the grossly disproprtionate amount
it's already got? The visual aesthetic of the bears may be a classic and
designed to engender feelings of pleasure and contentment in those
observing them, and as a culture, the image of a child holding a bear is
one that, as an icon, makes the viewer see the child as young, innocent
and in need of care. However, that cultural shorthand is undermined by
the fact that the bears are static display ornaments and therefore are
contra-indicated and hence fucking pointless.
Wow, rant on. I like the two contrasting sides that Edward seems to be showing here, generally unco-operative untill something gets his heckles up... then the words fly.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 13:41

[quote="Alfisti"]
[/
quote] Wow, rant on. I like the two contrasting sides that Edward seems to be showing here, generally unco-operative untill something gets his heckles up... then the words fly.

I feel obliged to point out that his original answer was "No" until pressed. The reply, particularly the bathos, is aimed more at the idiocy of the question and the interviewer than the question itself. And while part of it is that Edward does occassionally need a chance to blow off steam, giving more detailed replies to things that annoy him make him look as though he's responding to the questions without actually talking about himself. If the interviewer gets good copy here, he'll be more inclined to let Edward get away with monosyllabic answers later when it really matters.

@Thescarredman wrote:Edward is a very interesting fellow: antisocial, resentful of authority, and solitary. Observation and data-handling suit his personality well, I think. I felt a little uneasy about his description of his relationship with Rebecca, until I twigged that he probably sees everybody around him as tools or obstacles.

He's not so much resentful of authority, as has absolutely zero tolerance for stupidity regardless of its source and only marginally more for pointless exercises that take him away from doing something useful. The interview has both in spades. He starts taking the mickey literally as soon as it starts and the interview only makes him more irritiated as it goes on. He's also fiercely protective of his privacy. He gives relative non-answers (you know his cyborg was in a hospital because of her mother's boyfriend and was going to have life support withdrawn: it's so vague as to be meaningless and is still out-of-characterly informative) until the questions stray from what he sees as "professional topics that you've no actual need to know about" to "personal topics that have zero bearing on my professional life" (a whole four questions in), at which point it becomes a case of how can he give an answer that technically answers the question without revealing anything - until the questions get so stupid he can't be bothered to hide his scorn anymore (question 11). Interviews aren't really a good way to see him, even when the interviewer is someone like Lorenzo, who he respects and can actually compell an honest answer from him. What he says isn't neccesarily what he does, which isn't neccesarily what he thinks. Off-duty, while he's not the life and soul of the party, he's not actively anti-social, even if he prefers quiet activities.

Regarding his cyborg, I'll point out that he doesn't actually describe how he treats his favourite gun dog, just that she's like it. As an answer, it gives a general impression of practicality and nothing else: It's essentially meaningless. For some people, a springer spaniel is a working animal that lives outside and only has a name for legal purposes, for others they're part of the family that get thousand pound massages every week. It's a cold veneer, but underneath they've a relationship that's closer to the latter than the former, even if you'd need a microscope to spot it and Edward would deny it until the cows come home. But that falls under personal information, so isn't going to be pried out of Edward with anything less than a direct order that he couldn't wriggle out of.

If the interview had asked: "How would you describe your relationship with Rebecca?" He'd have... manipulated the interviewer to rephrase the question so it was about his cyborg, but if he'd been forced to answer it properly, he'd describe it as father-daughter. The two aspects are almost completely compartmentalised. No-one else would agree with them if they were inclined to actually tell people, but that's how they see it. She's more valued subordinate than tool, but, ultimately, everyone at the SWA is a tool, himself included. Other people are assumed to be rational human beings until proved otherwise.

tl;dr: Sort of.

I can answer without a wall of text, just not very often.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 0:00

I like your fratello. They remind me a little of Claes and Raballo. Give us some fic soon.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathly-Hallows on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 4:10

Ah, My name is Amable Dubois, im a handler for a "special" little girl named Marigold.. I train her for missions and keep her in check... I first came to Italy for vacation and was asked to plan a rescure mission... ~He starts to choke abit on his feelings~ If its all the same im here and thats what matters...

There is not much to talk about in this subject, I try to refrain from giving her the conditiong because it will shorten her lifespan and she deserves to live to the fullest length possible...Its what her father would have wanted..

And I Believe through my training methods im changing her for the better.

Im not entirly aware of her past, but she came from a rich family and was protected by her father when she was... w... Im sorry your going to have to excuse me... ~He walks off for a moment yo regain his composure.~

Im aware of the increased loyalty effects for the cyborg so I try to keep our relationship professional, but she could use a good switch every now and then... Ive trained Marigold to be less rude and, how do you say... "Out-stated." then she was before we meet, she still has some spoiled tendencies and the need to have anything she sees but we've worked out that problem that she would have to earn it.

But I cannot be completly cold to her either, after all shes still a child...

Preferably sniper or under-cover missions, Marigold is easier to control in a tense situation then going rambo child on everyone...

The more close combat missions, well I do anyway but she seems to enjoy it. Its harder to keep her on a leash when shes handling the big guns and feels self-sufficient. As well as the stakeouts, i cant keep the damn girl still or quiet for a moment shes always wanting to do something..

Being the only one of French ethnicity it is a bit hard to find common ground with some of the other workers, but I manage.

The only one I can really see myself having a actual conversation with is that doctor, unfortunately though im never really at the medical ward to ever see him. But I have meet that claes child once and her knowledge for things is interesting...She also cares for the finer things like the outdoor wich is a quality many people don't have.

The food is fine...But id rather eat in my office and read a newspaper.After being around so many people are a colonel its nice to have some alone time.

I can look at all the art galleries and statues here in Italy, thats a pleasing part of the job.

Hmm...I hear Germany is very nice, large vast areas and beautiful mountains.

If it helps in training then why wouldent i be? The only thing is getting to attached or giving them the wrong message.

Green I suppose...What sort of a question is this?

Hmph, Probably just my commanding officers back in France or Marigolds father..

Maybe at an opera house or somewhere full of culture and class.

its a common stereotype that the french are romance-oriented blame that on hetalia, but because of that it makes me feel like ami gets feely with drama-filled subjects like the death of marigolds dad.

MeganeMoe This is my gun
Deathly-Hallows

Female

Forum Posts : 79

Fan of : claes,rico

Original Characters : Marigold/ Ami

Comments : ahhh yes, i have finally discoverd where the fandom hides ; u ;!

Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 5:00

[quote="Vett"]
@Alfisti wrote:
[/
quote] Wow, rant on. I like the two contrasting sides that Edward seems to be showing here, generally unco-operative untill something gets his heckles up... then the words fly.

I feel obliged to point out that his original answer was "No" until pressed. The reply, particularly the bathos, is aimed more at the idiocy of the question and the interviewer than the question itself. And while part of it is that Edward does occassionally need a chance to blow off steam, giving more detailed replies to things that annoy him make him look as though he's responding to the questions without actually talking about himself. If the interviewer gets good copy here, he'll be more inclined to let Edward get away with monosyllabic answers later when it really matters.
Eh, I probably could have phrased that a little better, I meant in that the interviewer pressing the topic as part of the catalyst.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 17:22

Poor Mr. Dubois. I have a feeling he's out of his depth with 'that child'.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathly-Hallows on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 18:49

@Thescarredman wrote:Poor Mr. Dubois. I have a feeling he's out of his depth with 'that child'.
aww...how so?

MeganeMoe This is my gun
Deathly-Hallows

Female

Forum Posts : 79

Fan of : claes,rico

Original Characters : Marigold/ Ami

Comments : ahhh yes, i have finally discoverd where the fandom hides ; u ;!

Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 19:54

You're a fifteen-year-old girl. I think you know.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 22:22

I like how Amable has such strong emotions of empathy towards Marigold and her dad. I get the impression he is a very down to earth, likeable and approachable kind of person. Think maybe Friendly Jose might gravitate towards him?
Also you're right Alfisti concerning Gunther in some ways appearing less human than the Agency's human-like weapon and partner, Ayden. In his early childhood he was more, for the lack of a better term, 'normal'.
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 15 Jun 2012 - 5:40

Helping Priscilla catalogue and file away the latest round of evaluation interviews...Olga looks through them with a longing air.

Priscilla: Are you feeling the midnight bugs too Olga?

Olga: Hmm? ...Oh...yes...it has been a long day da?

Priscilla(smiling): How about I see if Monty has some coffee left?

Olga: That would be nice Pris'.

Priscilla: Sugar? Cream?

Olga: Black please.

Priscilla(sighs): Same ol' Olga.

Olga: Shush child.

With a smile and a giggle, Priscilla stood up, stretched, and then promptly made her way down toward Monty's office.

Waiting until Priscilla was completely out of sight; Olga then quickly rolled her chair toward the office cubicle she called her own. Taking off the old crucifix necklace from around her neck; Olga pushed the pendant into a nondescript hole in her desk. With a quick quarter-turn, a small compartment opened under her desk. Pulling out the locked metal case; Olga placed it on her desk. Taking another quick look around; Olga hoped Priscilla was taking her time in chatting up Monty...or at least trying to.

Reaching into the back of her mouth; Olga pulled out one of her molars. With a couple of quick blows to remove any excess fluid, Olga placed the tooth into an unusually shaped hole which unlocked the case. Placing the tooth back in it's proper place, Olga bit down until she heard a tell-tale 'pop' signalling that the tooth was once more secure.

Taking a deep breath; Olga opened the case. Taking a minute to gaze upon it's contents; Olga first took out the pictures. Taking her time with them; she smiled at each one. Every picture marking a somewhat happier time; before the SWA, before this madness, during the days before there were little girls. A time when there was only a single boy and his partner. Although he returned; he had indeed changed and was no longer the smiling child she held so close to her heart. With a sigh; she placed the pictures aside.

Picking up the old manuscript; Olga whispered, "Fyeĭerverk." Olga wished she still had the old tape copy of the correspondence as she missed the sound of her voice, but old 8mm audio tapes were in very short supply. Also the equipment required to copy one was becoming increasingly rare and obscure. Before she could acquire the materials and means, Olga had ran the tape until it was nothing more than a garbled mess.

Still she could remember her voice; a soft and sweet sound that belied her strength as a stern teacher with a mother's touch. To this day; Olga believed that she was the measure upon which she judged all of the handlers. Although there was no way to see her again; Olga favored this method as a way of visiting her again. Opening the folder; she quickly saw past the cover page which read:

Crysalis Foundation

Progress Assessment & Evaluation Interview

Lieutenant Nyromi Lautani

U.N. Security Forces/Covert Operations Instructor

MOST CLASSIFIED

Starting at the top; Olga read and remembered being behind the glass.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Bianchi: How are you today Miss Lautani?

Nyromi: I am just fine Doctor. I do hope this won't be another prickfest.

Bianchi: No not at all. This is just an evaluation of sorts.

Nyromi: Evaluation doctor?

Bianchi: Yes; we were hoping that your progress with the boy would be something you could share with us. Honestly share; that is.

Nyromi: Well Doctor; if you put it like that. Then I must honestly say that the child is improving at an accelerated pace. Much faster than I thought possible for a child so young.

Bianchi: Truly?

Nyromi: With the heavens as my witness Doctor.

Bianchi(taking notes): Interesting.

Nyromi: Something I wish to add is that he has become proficient to the point where he is even evaluating the methods I have taught him and devising methods to improve them to fit his own unique physical skills and mental characteristics.

Bianchi(suddenly stops taking notes): You are allowing him to think multilaterally...in a self aware process?

Nyromi: I prefer to it as a geometric process. He learns too quickly for it to be just a multilateral response.

Bianchi: ...I see. Miss Lautani; please don't take offense, but I hope you take what I am about to say into consideration.

Nyromi: And that is?

Bianchi: For your sake as well as the sake of the program; it would be most beneficial if you would not only refrain from this method of training, but also discourage the test subject from developing these traits on his own.

Nyromi: Whatever for. The best soldiers...or agents if you will...are the ones who can think on their feet and adapt to situations as they arise.

Bianchi: But Miss Lautani; that is why he have advanced reconnaissance and intelligence. So that a set protocol can be be determined and...

Nyromi(interrupting): Begging your pardon Doctor, but in a perfect world every assignment would be completed with not a scrap of discretion.

Bianchi: But you see...

Nyromi(continuing): Unfortunately Doctor; the world is not perfect. Covert assignments and even fire missions are going to have little nick ups here and there. The only thing that can be assured on our tasks is the unexpected.

Bianchi: I see. Well if it is alright with you; I'd like to finish with asking you a few routine questions.

Nyromi: Of course Doctor.

Bianchi: For the record; could you please state your name and a bit about your role here?

Nyromi: Yes sir. Lieutenant Nyromi Lautani of the United Nations Covert Security Forces; formerly of Interpol Internal Affairs as a liaison inspector; formerly of the Her Royal Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service; formerly of Her Royal Majesty's Secret Air Service; and formerly of Her Royal Majesty's Royal Air Force. I was born in Holyhead, Wales; but spent a good portion of my formative years in Lewisham, South London.

I was reassigned to the Crysalis Foundation as a liaison to Italy's SISDE from the United Nations security forces. Currently I act as an instructor and trainer to the one who was been referred to as; The Zero Subject.

Bianchi: What do you know of his past?

Nyromi: Only that he was involved in an accident that took both of his parents and made him a ward of Italian Intelligence.

Bianchi: How do you feel about the Zero Subject? What would you say your relationship is like.

Nyromi: Excuse me Doctor, but I do not see what that has to do...

Bianchi: Please answer the question Miss Lautani.

Nyromi: Very well...the Zero Subject is one of the most fantastic creatures it has been my privilege to see. I...I love him as if he was of my own blood. I would die to protect him and although I do hope it does not come to that; I fear that he would do the same for me.

Bianchi(as his cell is ringing): That will be enough for today Miss Lautani. We will continue at a later time.

Nyromi: Again; I beg your pardon me Doctor; but I do hope it is a long while.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hearing Priscilla approach; Olga collected the folders contents before returning it to the locked container. After securing the latch, Olga quickly placed the cintainer inside of it's hiding area once more. Pushing the hidden compartment closed, Olga gave the key a quick turn in the opposite direction, locking it. Priscilla arrived just in time to see Olga putting her necklace in a desk drawer.

Olga(rubbing her neck): I think I need a new chain for that necklace. It is starting to bite me.

Priscilla: Sorry I took so long. We had to brew a fresh pot.

Olga(sigh): Are you still trying to get a casual conversation out of Monty? You should know by now Pris; it is a losing battle with that girl.

Priscilla: Every wall has it's cracks Olga.

Olga: I guess you are right. Come give me that coffee so we can finish this.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2560

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 15 Jun 2012 - 14:28

Wow I'm blown away by that Boomer_gonz, very intriguing! Got my attention in a hurry! Cool. head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 15 Jun 2012 - 14:53

*scratch, scratch*
Assistant to the interviewer: Um there's cat wanting to come in....
Interviewer: A cat?!
Assistant: Yes um, oh wait that's Fernando's cat and she seems to be pushing in the door!
(The cat calmly sits on the chair of those who are interviewed, tail waiving and looking directly at the interviewer)
Assistant: I thinks she feels she's next.
Interviewer: That cannot possibly be the case!
Assistant: Actually, she has scored the highest in the IQ test among us all....
Interviewer: !! Um ok, yes well, hello and could you state your name please?
Meshie: Meow.
Assistant: I believe she said her name is Meshie.
Interviewer: Are you serious? You were able to understand that?!
Assistant: Er no, I just happen to know that based on my conversations with her
owner Fernando.
Interviewer: Oh. Well, um can you tell us about your role in Section two and how you ended up here?
Meshie: Meow.
(interviewer looks at assistant, assistant looks at Meshie and back at her boss)
Assistant: I'm stumped, perhaps we can asked Fernando or his daughter/cyborg agent Rachel to help us out?
Interviewer: Yes although this being a handler's debrief I'll be curious to find out who does she feel she trains?
Assistant: I have a feeling that may be several people here!
Interviewer: Um Miss Meshie, due to uh, technical difficulties, we'll have to continue our debrief at a later time.
Meshie: Meow. (The cat then proceeds to leave the room and enters Fernando's office, which is her own I suppose as well)
Assistant: Wow, I thought I'd seen everything.
Interviewer: Tell me about it, I'm ready for a stiff drink, you?
Assistant: Indeed.
Razz
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 11thpareidolia on Fri 15 Jun 2012 - 17:22

i hope you continue this i wan't to know what meshie has to say Hmm...

"A leader leads by example not by force" - sun tzu
11thpareidolia

Male

Forum Posts : 60

Fan of : rico

Original Characters : abigail / Nikolai

Comments : Another Brick In The Wall and i am playing my bass to the beat

Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 15 Jun 2012 - 21:56

I had different responses in mind which Meshie could say (assuming a translator were available or if Meshie herself came up with 'creative' ways to make her point), but then I figured Elfen would make far better responses for her than anything I could come up with so I decided to leave it at that! Smile
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 14:48

Actually...
The interviews are held in the medical ward, and Fernando's office is in his dorm room in the Handler/Cyborg Dorms. Its a long walk for a cat to do, not that Meeshie's done it. She does have to maintain her Mousing and Stalking Skills to a Fang's Pointy Edge.

Fernando does have a cubical in the main office area along with the other areas. He's yet to see it, the Dell on its desk never turned on and the fine leather chair gathering dust. The Chief has given orders for no one else to use the space or its equipment or to pilfer/recycle the units within... Fernando's still waiting for the Macintosh 950 to replace the dell unit, and the SWA refuses to do it.

Fernando: Mac OS 9.2 is more secure than that Microsoft Crap you want me to use!!!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 17:38

Boomer, what an intriguing prequel tale! I'm glad to see the Cyborg and Handler interviews becoming mini-fics as well as character studies; they introduce new members and visitors to the writers as well as the OCs.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 19 Jun 2012 - 6:21

After looking at the cyborg interview, I realise I haven't pu my Handler interviews here despite the fact I filled out the... um... I mean, they completed their interviews a while ago.

[these are a little out-dated, VERY out-dated, but it will be while till it can be updated, so these will have to do]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andromeda

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in section 2? How did you wind up here?

Shouldn’t you already fucking know that? But fine, Andromeda Brandt. And before you bloody ask, my name is Latin, means ‘Thinks like warrior/man’. *shrugs* the old man knew me well before I was even born. Basically, me and Victoria do all the regular Fratello stuff, but we excel at close quarters combat.

She was on fairly regular doses like most of the other Second Gens, until that shit in Iraq. After the hell she went through, I had them put some sort of experimental new armour so that she won’t have to go through that much damage again. But someone fucked up, and now, instead of vomiting if she swears at a Handler, now… *she laughs* funking oath can she curse. I mean, Jesus Christ, I’m waiting for her to go off at Jean.

She was a sixth generation Australian before moving to Italy with her parents. On their way to the citizenship test, there was a car accident. Both parents were killed, and she just about. Dunno how she wound up at the Agency. *her face becomes sad* I told her all of it as well. I don’t care what the fuck those other Handlers do, the girls deserve to know their past. We turn them into child fucking soldiers, it’s the least we can do.

We’re more like siblings than an other Fratello as far as I know. I treat her like I would one of my own sisters, ‘cept I actually use her name instead of using ‘sis’.

*shrugs* Missions are missions.

Ones where someone fucks up. I don’t care where along the line, intelligence, planning, fighting. When someone fucks up, people die.

It’s alright. I still miss the barracks sometimes, but at least the dinner hall’s a little like a mess, feels homey

Most of the time. I get on well with the more laid back folk, and I’m civil to José, but for a guy who was in the military, he’s a fucking pussy. His brother on the other hand, nice looking bloke, knows how to get something done even if he does have a stick up his arse. He’s a fucking meddler though, I’m hoping Ferro can get both that stick out his arse and maybe make him mind his own business.

9. Is there anything that you miss being able to do since joining the SWA?

Everyone having military discipline. Actually, just military life in general. I was in the Czechoslovakian 601st Special Forces Group for twenty or so years, and lived in a barracks most of that time. Sometimes the Handlers apartments are a little lonely, but at least there’s always someone else next door.

10. Dinning hall: Michelin Star or slop trough?

I’ve eaten worse. Honestly, I like it, reminds me of the mess back in Czechoslovakia.

What the fuck has this got to do anything? Wait *she glares, the fierce look made all the more intense by the scar over her eye* are you scouting me as a date for one of your friends?! *she draws combat knife from her boot* I’ll fucking murder you, you mother fucking piece of shit bitch! Tell you what, fucking send him at me, mother fucker, I’ll cut his God damned face off and wear it as I murder you!

12. Triela’s teddy bear collection appropriate for a cyborg?

*her face became sad and pleading* We make them child soldiers. Hell, as long as it doesn’t do to much damage, let them do what the hell they want.

*she became enraged and pulled the knife again* Is this that fucking date thing again! I’ll kill your fucking family fuck head!

*she looks sideways at the interviewer, knife still in its sheath, but her hand at the ready to pull it out again* My older sister, Adrianna. She ran away from home, sure, but she’s been in the German Marines ever since. I wonder where she is now? I think the Magdeburg is docked at Kaliningrad.

Where the fuck are you getting these bloody questions? Well… Christ this is a tough one… maybe, no, definitely defending someone. I want my death to mean something.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry
1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in section 2? How did you wind up here?

Dylan. Barry Dylan, and if I told you what I do, I’d have to kill you. *he breaks out into laughter* Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m a master of Espionage, Sabotage, Electronic Warfare and all round handsome devil. Sure, ‘Sandro is better at disguising himself, but he doesn’t have good ol’ British ingenuity like I do.

I like it to be kept as minimal as possible, a robot is no good, and she still needs to be able to use her bits properly. Also, she wouldn’t have the same appreciation of British film with the usual conditioning.

I’ve never read it. I don’t want to know about it, she’d be a different person now, and if she wants to find out for herself, she knows where. I taught her everything I know.

We’re good buds. It’s good to have someone else to talk about movies and stuff with, you know, someone who knows what I’m talking about.

The easy ones, you know *he rolls his hands* sniping, hacking, sneaking, that sort of stuff.

Anything messy. Innocents start dying, friendlies get hit, equipment damaged. It’s not good.

I get free food and a room, can’t ask for much more really, can you? Then answer is yes, you can ask for much more. Honestly, it annoys me how some of the other personnel give me a hard time about letting Mercedes drink. Let her have a few drinks. From what I know of the conditioning, these kids are living on borrowed time, they’ll never get the chance to grow up, let them live while they still can.

Ferro and Priscilla are hotties, aren’t they? I know, it’s unprofessional, but they are. Hillshire, Jean, and Marco are all too… serious. ‘Sandro’s a fun guy though, and I know better than to say anything about Andromeda, she’d gut me. I can tell by your look that you’ve experienced her temper firsthand.

Well, I did used to travel a lot more working for MI6, though I haven’t been sent to Russia since joining the Agency, so that’s a plus.

Personally, I prefer to eat out if possible, maybe take Mercedes to a nice restaurant if at all possible too. Don’t look at me that way, there’s nothing going on between us! Like I said earlier, they live on burrowed time, let them live it up while they can.

I didn’t see much of Amsterdam last time I was there. Why? Pfft, I can’t tell you. *chuckles* Just kidding, it wass dark and I was a few thousand feet up and then below sea level. It was fun.

Are there anymore questions which ‘they don’t have long, let them do what they want’ theory will cover? If so, get them out the way now.

Not really.

James Bond, ‘cept for the last few films with that blond dude, he’s a dipshit who should have bunred the script.

I wouldn’t. No, actually, I would die, but in a slow motion Matrix style shit, and then come back to life like a mother fucking phoenix and reap my vengeance upon the world with my army of demons, with Mercedes as my dark lieutenant, leading the charge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel

Me name’s Samuel Flannigan, an’ I’m Claes’ new Handler. Sometimes though, I wonder which of us’s in charge.

It ain’t healthy.

As in ‘pre-cyborg’ or ‘pre-me’? ‘Pre-cyborg’, I know shite all. ‘Pre-me’, she didn’t do much in the way o’ operations, just sat in ‘er room readin’ played piano sometimes, was guineapig fer the scientists. Kinda sad, but she claims to have enjoyed it.

Claes is me partner. She mostly handles the strategy side o’ things, an’ logistics, an’ other shite that I should probably do, but she just does it first. When ya think ‘bout it, it’s more like she’s that Handler an’ I’m the cyborg.

Every mission’s different, been doing violent shite for thirty five years and ain’t never done the same mission twice.

Unnecessarily long or complicated ones. Ya know, the ones where someone else gets involved and blows the factory yer guarding the fuck up.

Considerin’ that I can have a shower every night now an’ the chances o’ bein’ hit by a mortar, or getting’ shot, or ambushed, or go fightin’ for three days straight, or not paid, it’s not too bad. Could do with a bar though.

Me an’ Jean have had a couple o’ scuffles, but the rest o’ us get on well enough.

A man as old as I am, ‘coarse there’re things I miss. Mostly friends, but you can’t bring back the dead.

Have ya ever eaten the Legion rations we had in Iraq? Have ya ever eaten burnt leather? The two’re indistinguishable.

I’ve nowhere to go, few friends left. I’ll stay where I am, stay close to Claes.

They’re cool.

Whatever uniform I happen to be employed by at the time.

My comrades, all o’ ‘em.

But that’s one o’ the things, no one gets to pick. When it comes, it comes.

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 19 Jun 2012 - 21:40

Wow.

DoW, you've assembled a wonderful cast of characters there: emotional depth, plausible backstories, tragic flaws, admirable traits. Highly sympathetic. Tell me you're taking them to the Dolomites.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 19 Jun 2012 - 22:22

Colorful fratello ye have there Destro! head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 4:29

@Thescarredman wrote:Wow.

DoW, you've assembled a wonderful cast of characters there: emotional depth, plausible backstories, tragic flaws, admirable traits. Highly sympathetic. Tell me you're taking them to the Dolomites.

I'm not to sure about joining the Dolomites team anymore, since I got a couple of other FanFics already qeued up with a possible GsG/Black Lagoon crossover that I'm mulling over at the moment.

I might write up their character proflies so that some one else can write them in if they want, though.
@tremec6speed wrote:Colorful fratello ye have there Destro!
Thanks, man. I like that nickname too, "Destro", has a nice evil vilan ring to it.

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 6:45

Time for some fresh (Aussie) blood

Ellen Gibson

I don’t work for Section 2, I work at the Kelly Project. It’s like a militarised version of the Italian cyborg program. Because I had the most experience working with cyborgs out of the whole of Australia, I was given the gig. I didn’t exactly have a choice either, it was that or be tried with treason.

I don’t know much about the process, I’m not privileged to that sort of information. Every now and then she gets and injection or has to take some pills, that might have something to do with it, but I don’t know for sure.

Bugger all. Like the conditioning, I’m not privileged to that information.

That’s a bit difficult to answer. I like her, she seems like a nice kid, but it’s disturbing how accustomed to death and killing she is. I’m not even sure she fully understands the concept of killing someone.
As to part two, that’s also difficult to answer. Some days I feel like a sister, others a mother, and sometimes a drill sergeant. It's complicated.

I don’t have any favourites as such. I prefer a straight up fight with a defined enemy if possible.

Infiltration. People say that ASO is like the Australian CIA or KGB, but I ain’t no flamin’ spy.

Kelly Project. And there was a reason I didn’t enlist in the first place. *chuckles* Well, lot of good that did me, I’m ‘unofficially’ part of the ADF now. Life's a bitch sometimes, eh?

I have very limited interaction with our Italian compatriots. I’m civil to everyone and they’re civil to me when I do visit, but there’s only a couple that I actually like. That doesn’t include the cyborgs, I get along with all of them, especially Triela, such a charismatic girl that one. Maybe I could see about her a Tsuki spending some time together at some point.
Though if we talk about back at the base, the location of which is classified by the way, so don’t ask, I try and avoid anyone involved in the R&D department, there’s something off about that lot. The SAS guys that work with me and Tsuki though, they’re a great lot. *looks around the room* this is going to stay here right? Good. I kind of have a crush on… Damon. Seriously, if this gets out, I will end you.

Again, Kelly Project. What I miss is being able to go to the shops on a weekday, or just without needing a weekend pass. I tell you, these military types can be a pain in the arse, I don’t remember the last time I got to sleep in past six!

The dining hall here is mediocre, for Italy anyway. It shits on the mess back at base.

I wouldn’t mind going to Darwin again. Last time I was there an American Carrier was in port, and the marines *grins mischievously* Well, a lady doesn’t screw and tell.

Why would it be inappropriate? She’s a kid ain’t she, let her have kid’s things.

Nope.

Not particularly, no.

Stopping a mugging, or taking a bullet for someone, or something heroic like that.

Sergeant Damon O’Reilly

Yes, I can. My legs brought me here.

I can’t tell you anything about my cyborg’s conditioning because I don’t have one. Ellen’s the handler. Me and my men just stick around for shits’n’giggles.

I could tell you a lot about her past, but none of it would be true. I’ll have a go at making up something interesting if you want.

Again, she’s not my cyborg. I feel like her brother, or maybe a close uncle.

Successful ones.

Unsuccessful ones.

Life here is great. There’s the lovely Mediterranean weather, wonderful people, lots of Italian food. Pity I’m only here for business and that this is all quite irrelevant.

That Olga chick stands out, she’s really tall for a woman. But yeah, I get along with everybody. Whether they get on with me though *laughs* that’s a different question, isn’t it.

I never joined up with the SWA, therefore this question doesn’t matter does it?

Tell me, have you ever had C-rations? Compared to them, everything is Michelin Star.

Away.

If you’re going to give them a gun, you can’t bitch about them have a shaped bag of cotton.

Yes.

Yes. *after some pressuring* Carl Barron, Dylan Moran, Arj Barker, Jim Jefferies, *shrugs* just about any comedian.

In a nuclear explosion while surfing on a robot shark.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 15:48

1. Hello, can you tell us your name and a little about your role in Section (4)? How did you wind up here?
John Amsel. Had a decent job, made some bad decisions and had a friend bail me out. Aside from the daily mental debates about morality, I do much the same job here. Investigate, do some mild intel, but primarily shoot people before they can do damage.

Given the brain-decaying, dependence-creating nature of the drugs we strive to minimize their use if at all possible. I hear the RB's learned from the SWA's experiences as far as lifespan and memory goes, but we're trying to play it safe that said.

Without getting specific, she got caught in a crossfire and turned into a vegetative. Perhaps not as bad as rape or getting some terminal disease, but these girls rarely have kind pasts.

Luce is competitive and pays attention. She takes after me, which can be a bad thing. We're essentially partners. Unless mission specifies it we generally have equivalent roles.

The ones where Luce doesn't get shot. Or hurt. Especially by Russian pricks.

I reference a particularly bad mission where some real organized Russians got us and a few other pairs. Can't tell you the details, but we were reeling for weeks. Generally, any sort of failure doesn't sit well with us.

7. How do you like life with the RB and SWA?

The Rehab Branch is frankly a lot less centralized due to the size of the US, so we're more focused on regional branches. I work for a pretty cool guy that actually came from Italy, so life is easy and we get a lot of leisure time between missions. From my few visits to Italy, I can appreciate the centralized, school-like environment is nice for the girls and gives handlers a lot of room to communicate. Plenty of problems between certain pairs are pretty plain, that said.

8. Do you get along with the other RB staff? The SWA? Anyone particularly stand out?
I've had the pleasure of working with a good many RB personnel. They're all human. Some good, some bad. I won't name names.

On the SWA: most of them frankly do a good job of keeping quiet and convincing when strangers are over, but I can see some definite issues with the Croce brothers so far as emotions and even cyborgs go. A lot of past they have to deal with, I can imagine. The girls don't seem to have those memory issues I've been dreading, which is reassuring. The SWA doctors are a lot more involved than the US ones, which can either mean they're more proactive, or we have less problems we're willing to address.

Had worse in worse environments. I would probably have less love for it if I ate it every day.

10. Is there anything that you miss being able to do since joining the RB?
We lucked out, because a Direct Action role means a lot of normal life between missions. So while we have this lifestyle of constantly being prepared, it's not as bad as living at a branch office waiting on every mission. I can't get away with stupid civilian stuff anymore, but that's life.

Luce wants to see Germany, but I'm not sure about her meeting my parents.

If we can trust our girls with automatic weapons, a stuffed animal shouldn't be an issue. A cyborg is still essentially a human being, and mental stability is paramount to function. If coddling a girl keeps them from a murder-suicide because of neglect, so be it.

Whatever isn't stupid given the ocassion.

Probably dad. He's a much better man than I.

I don't like planning out my own death. If it comes easy, it does. If I can affect it, I'd prefer to go down swinging.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of : N/A

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 17:59

well,not much to say....My name is Kai,Lieutenant Kai Miyamoto,former sharpshooter in SDU japan...

is it important ? i want to keep it secret....

is it important ? i want to keep it secret....

*smiling* i treat her like my younger sister....

sniping...since i'm an ex-sharpshooter in SDU long ago in japan.

close quarter battle.

everything's here is great!!

well,Ferro is a nice lady*wild eye appear*

anything is tasty as long it is free...

not a single.....

just like my cyborg..we are IN holidays,,,,....

Why not? she's just a kid

BLACK

no one except myrival,Yamato...

let the faith tells it...
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 4:18

Mr. Amsel seems like a pretty honest guy, but is your thing in an alternate universe where Americans still war with Russians? Last I checked, you two were pretty peaceful.

Lieutenant Kai Miyamoto is succinct, to say the least.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 5:06

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Mr. Amsel seems like a pretty honest guy, but is your thing in an alternate universe where Americans still war with Russians? Last I checked, you two were pretty peaceful.

succinct???

he undergo simple life after march 20 1995,Tokyo after that....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 5:24

GattoNero wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Mr. Amsel seems like a pretty honest guy, but is your thing in an alternate universe where Americans still war with Russians? Last I checked, you two were pretty peaceful.

succinct???

Succinct - simple and straight to the point.

I was just trying say that he doesn't seem to me the sort of person the waste time and when something needs doing, he does it. That's all.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 5:31

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
GattoNero wrote:

succinct???

I was just trying say that he doesn't seem to me the sort of person the waste time and when something needs doing, he does it. That's all.

that's what i meant...by the way, didn't you remember that date?(20.03.1995)
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 6:16

GattoNero wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
GattoNero wrote:

succinct???

that's what i meant...by the way, didn't you remember that date?(20.03.1995)
Whoops, silly me. Sorry.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum