Series 01 - DVD Bonus Segment 01

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series 01 - DVD Bonus Segment 01

Post by rusty-spring on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 0:00

I took these screenshots come from a playthrough of mine during Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Wink Warning - This post is picture intensive. Razz

[Producers Note: Originally this segment was taped but never made it to air. For the first time as a "Thank you" for purchasing the first series DVD, this cut portion of Top Gear Italy has been released.]

[The image switches to inside of the TGI studio where Laine, Kara, and Claes are sitting on the presenter's couch.]

Hello and welcome back from the break. As you know, last week Laine flew to the states to do a road test of the Corvette ZR1.

Yes, that's right.

In case our viewers may have forgotten, here is a segment of the last few moments of that review.

[The camera view of the studio is replaced by a scenic view of an ocean beach, complete with palms, a shining sun, and a carnival in the far off distance. From the right side of the frame a blue ZR1 power slides across the scene.]

[Cut to Laine inside of the vehicle who straightens out the car while the song Ruling Me by Weezer plays in the background.]

So what can I say after this morning drive through Seacrest County?

[She takes a look outside of the passenger window at the passing by sunrise. She gets a big smile on her face as she turns into another power slide, this time the view from a rear quarter.]

I am an absolute slave to this car.

[The scene switches back to the girls sitting on the couch. Camera moves to a closeup of Kara.]

However, what we weren't able to show you that night is the event following that review. [She turns to look at Laine.] While the rest of the crew packed up and flew back over the pond, Laine remained behind to deal with some official SWA business, correct?

[Camera cuts to Laine who is holding an unmarked black DVD case.]

That's right. Not only was the car part of TGI's review schedule, it was also my transport for an assignment. Let's just say that mission didn't go exactly to plan.

[Laine stands up and waves the DVD case around to the studio audience members.]

How about it? Would you guys like to see some raw UAV footage of me putting the ZR1 through a Seacrest County torture test?

[The crowd cheers loudly in response.]

Can't say I've ever heard of Seacrest County.

Well then Claes, be prepared to be amazed.

[Kara looks a mix of confusion and curiosity.]

Go for it, but I've already got a bad feeling about this.

[Laine puts the DVD into the player beneath the plasma TV.]

[The studio fades out and is replaced by an zoomed in aerial view of the blue ZR1. Inside of the car from a handset radio in the passenger seat, we hear a voice crackle through. It's her partner, Clayland Stanaway]

Nice one, Laine. We've only got a few hours until we fly back to the compound tonight, so go ahead and get the car back to the dealer as soon as you can.

Gotcha.

[With a cheeky smile, Laine plants her foot down and the meaty supercharged engine of the ZR1 growls as she increases speed.

Voiceover by Laine.] Being my last moment in the Corvette, I wanted to cherish every minute of it. Though in retrospect, I really should have just done what I was told as I was soon to find out.

[The Corvette is flying down the road as Laine ducks and weaves between traffic. As she passes a medium sized building with a parking lot, she is too preoccupied in her mirth to notice a pair of Speed Enforcement vehicles parked alongside the road. Going nearly 150 MPH, they measure her speed and immediately take off after her.]

Well that isn't good.

The two marked Lamborghini Murcielago's quickly pull up towards her tail.

Voiceover by Laine. With only a few hours until my flight and having no vehicle insurance my choice was a no brainer. I was going to have to run my way out of this predicament.]

[One of the Murcielago's peels off and takes a side road in an attempt to cut ahead of her while the lead chaser pulls up even closer.]

[Inexplicably, the police car suddenly bumps against the Corvette on the right rear hindquarters. Inside the cabin, Laine swears loudly.]

Nobody told me that Seacrest Country was full of madmen police who try to crash you off the road in supercars!

[While the viewers watch, the song Long Way Down by The Goo Goo Dolls starts playing in the background.]

The ZR1 and Murcielago continually spar with one another as Laine struggles to keep from greeting a guardrail head on. The Corvette has taken some cosmetic damage from their jousting as they continue side-by-side. Glancing to her left, Laine sees the second chase car has taken a dirt road is quickly approaching.]

Ok, let's see how well you can really drive those things.

[Laine bumps her steering wheel to the left and slams her foot down. The Corvette lurches ahead and crosses the double yellow into the oncoming lane. The Murcielago slows down and comes up behind her, taking the bait.]

Hook, line, sinker.

[Just as the Murcielago pulls up to her rear bumper, the second police car leaps onto the road. The Lambo that had been following Laine slams on it's brakes and swerves hard too late. Clipping the wheel well of it's partner car, the first Murcielago jerks causing the nose to dip. It catches a large boulder near the shoulder and promptly goes airborn in a shower of glass and carbon fiber.]

Holy shit!

[Is all Laine is able to muster as in her review mirror she watches the Lambo tumble end over end until it rests in a heap of scrap. Taking her eyes off of the accident she looks ahead and sees a dirt road blocked by a couple of wooden barricades.]

Time to lose the last guy.

[She approaches the exit and feints a move to the right before pulling the steering wheel hard left. The cop falls for the trick and continues down the highway to the right as the ZR1 skids onto the dirt road, through a lumber yard.]

The Corvette's rear panel is loose and is bumping around independently as Laine navigates the uneven dirt. She checks her mirror and confirms that she has lost the police car. Her hands are white knuckled on the steering wheel and she slows down slightly.

Voiceover by Laine. I had thought I lost them, but I had no idea just how crazy these SCPD boys were. It's funny to think about in retrospect, but I thought after being chased by a pair of Murcielagos, the remaining trip would be a breeze.]

[The ZR1 exits the dirt road back onto the highway. She is cruising along, minding the road and occasionally her rear view mirror. She doesn't have much time to relax, as soon on the right two more police cars come into view.]

[Obviously waiting down the road for the wayward cyborg, they quickly turn on their lights as Laine powers by.]

McLaren SLRs? I think this city has some serious budget balancing issues to work out.

[Laine once again speeds up as the two cars give chase. Unlike the past two cops, these two fail to fall for any of her previous tricks. They stick a car length back and take turns attempting to ram her off of the road. The Corvette is now nearly a complete wreck as the windows and body are cracked and dented heavily.]

What's that noise?

[Laine peeks out of one of the few visible spaces in her windshield to see a police helicopter hovering above.]

Bollocks. Wait, what's that guy doing?

[The side door of the helicopter slides open and a man wearing tactical gear hefts something in his arms. Upon realization, Laine guns the Corvette as fast as she can go. The two SLRs behind her flawless accelerate along with her, pulling them even closer. Mentally in her head, Laine begins to count down.]

[She keeps a close eye on the distance between her and the helicopter and the cars behind her, nearly hitting a road sign from lack of attention.]

2..1!

[She pulls the emergency brake and whips the wheel to the right. The Corvette skitters off-course, nearly getting clipped by one of the pursuing SLRs. The first SLR fails to slow down in response and hits the deployed spike strip dropped by the man in the helicopter. With tires shredded the police car careens into the guard rail, stopping it cold. A piece of the tire flies up and hits the helicopter in the tail rotor causing it to shake mid-air. As it breaks away for an emergency landing the second SLR blows past and pulls a J-turn.

Laine forces her car back onto the road, tires nearly spent from the constant evasive driving. She struggles to find grip, but finally corrals the car into a straight line. She passes the SLR who had let her pass by. It quickly pulls up alongside her. Ahead, Laine spies a large four-way intersection.]

That's my last chance to evade these insane American cops.

[She speaks to herself, then looks to the right where the SLR is keeping pace with the Corvette. Taking a large gamble, Laine veers left until there is a car length between them, then pulls the steering wheel right causing the Corvette to shunt the police car.]

[The force of the collision causes the SLR to spin sideways. The right side tires bite into the ground unexpected and Laine watches the car flip sideways onto the roof. After a few tense seconds, she realizes that there are no more pursers within range.

She pulls the car into a parking lot behind a roadside motel and gets out. The car practically wheezes to a stop as she turns off the ignition. Getting out, Laine looks at the car with a pained expression and pulls out her cellphone.]

Yes, I'm going to need a taxi.

[The scene fades to black and we're brought back to inside of the studio. Kara and Claes are both pinches their noses. The crowd however seems to enjoyed the show and are clapping enthusastically. Laine finally speaks.]

And in case any of you were wondering, here are some shots of the ill-fated "Blue Devil" after that small mishap.

Well, look on the bright side.

[Claes almost laughs as she looks at Kara.]

What possible good came from that?

[Laine looks at her with a wry smile.]

We now know that if you speed in that portion of America, you better be driving a supercar because the cops will be.

Another Top Gear Italy Top Tip, and on that bombshell goodnight everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Series 01 - DVD Bonus Segment 01

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 0:21

Kara wrote:Laine remained behind to deal with some official SWA business, correct?
Clayton wrote:Nice one, Laine. We've only got a few hours until we fly back to the compound tonight, so go ahead and get the car back to the dealer as soon as you can.
Laine wrote:Let's just say that mission didn't go exactly to plan.
Chief Lorenzo: (after swallowing 3 aspirin) Stanaway, may I see you in my office for a moment? There are some budgetary issues we need to discuss...followed by some concerns the US State Department has expressed.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 0:44

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Kara wrote:Laine remained behind to deal with some official SWA business, correct?
Clayton wrote:Nice one, Laine. We've only got a few hours until we fly back to the compound tonight, so go ahead and get the car back to the dealer as soon as you can.

Laine wrote:Let's just say that mission didn't go exactly to plan.
Chief Lorenzo: (after swallowing 3 aspirin) Stanaway, may I see you in my office for a moment? There are some budgetary issues we need to discuss...followed by some concerns the US State Department has expressed.

Kara: "it's okay, Mister Director sir. I have good karma...

...and Michele is best friends with the Prime Minister."

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 0:50

@Kiskaloo wrote:
Kara: "it's okay, Mister Director sir. I have good karma...

...and Michele is best friends with the Prime Minister."
Lorenzo: You know how many euros four million Youtube hits gets you? Zero! Zero Euros!

Kara: We got 4,000,000 hits!?

Laine: Awesome!

Allison: We're famous!

Lorenzo: (facepalm) You're missing the point.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 1:00

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Lorenzo: You know how many euros four million Youtube hits gets you? Zero! Zero Euros!

Kara: We got 4,000,000 hits!?

Laine: Awesome!

Allison: We're famous!

Lorenzo: (facepalm) You're missing the point.

Meanwhile, on Michele's iMac, Claes is adding the video to her iTunes Store Affiliate page for 1 Euro a download.

Claes: "Now I'll be able to get those gold-plated garden shears."

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 1:11

@Kiskaloo wrote:Meanwhile, on Michele's iMac, Claes is adding the video to her iTunes Store Affiliate page for 1 Euro a download.

Marisa: That sounds kinda dangerous, Claes. Remember that guy in Japan who ran around at high speed in an F40 and sold the in-car videotape? He got arrested!

Claes: Yeah...so?

Marisa: Well aren't you afraid of going to jail?

Claes: Why should I worry? It was Laine driving.

Marisa: Wow...I bow to your powers of evil.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 10:26

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:Meanwhile, on Michele's iMac, Claes is adding the video to her iTunes Store Affiliate page for 1 Euro a download.

Marisa: That sounds kinda dangerous, Claes. Remember that guy in Japan who ran around at high speed in an F40 and sold the in-car videotape? He got arrested!

Claes: Yeah...so?

Marisa: Well aren't you afraid of going to jail?

Claes: Why should I worry? It was Laine driving.

Marisa: Wow...I bow to your powers of evil.

Allison: Hm, I guess that means I better put my plans to re-enact Getaway in Stockholm on hold...

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Thu 21 Apr 2011 - 4:22

At the end,everyone heard this song before they race on the track

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content