GSG Wild Mass Guessing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GSG Wild Mass Guessing

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 16:43

Here are some examples of Wild Mass Guessing based on the Gunslinger Girl series. Lets see if we can add to these.

1. The cyborgs in GSG are the predecessors to the SPARTANs of the Halo series of video games.

Pretty much self-explanatory.

2. Rico is Saber from Fate/Stay Night
After the Fate route of F/SN, Saber actually did not return to her own time, but was given a new life, being born to some random Italian woman. I mean, how else do you explain this:

Five_X wrote:
Original:

With TeatRico's head 'shopped on:

\

GSG first came out in 2002, F/SN in 2004, so does that mean Takeuchi ripped off Aida?
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: GSG Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 19:37

Rico and Saber are both fairly generic-looking blond girls. I see no evidence of a rip-off.

As much as I loath TV Tropes, I really, really liked the Space Marine speculation. The Imperium is a theocracy, and GSG takes place very close to the Vatican; it wouldn't be too far-fetched to imagine that the Emperor and his movement might've begun there.

The Black Lagoon speculation was pretty good, too. Setting Black Lagoon and GSG in the same universe makes far more sense than many of the other crossovers suggested thus far. I like to think Hansel and Gretel may have, at one point, been in the possession of Triela's snuff-film-loving captors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 21:01

Honestly, I'd be amazed if someone HADN'T written the BL:GsG X-over yet... although isn't BL supposed to take place in the late 90's?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 21:38

My timeline puts the SWA's inception as taking place around 1999-2000, so it's all well and good for me.

We've had at least one BL/GSG crossover written already:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4405692/1/One_Hell_of_a_Ruckus

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE on Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:42

Black Lagoon and GsG both have tricky timelines. In BL, the manga would likely set it in the 90s, while the anime might take place somewhere in the 2000s.

GsG certainly takes place after the 90s excluding maybe the SWA inception, and is likely in the later half of the 2000s, though its not a stretch to consider it might be the 2010s. In my own fanfic, RoFA, I originally was going to have GsG set around 2010, while my fic took place in 2013. When I looked at the OC wiki, I changed my mind and officially made my fic's setting date "20--" (although, by the OC wiki, I would consider it likely to be 2010, and will end in 2011)

This confusing timeline, though, does not do too much to discourage me from possibly writing a GsG-BL crossover, possibly as one of the sequels to RoFA.
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 14:52

I was planning on writing a BL/GSG crossover involving the twins returning as cyborgs and being sent on a mission to Roanapur to take out some Padania arms dealers. I was also thinking about a prologue where the cyber-twins are sent to deal with another of those snuff film producers (possibly accompanied by Triela). Naturally they would not be showing any mercy.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum