Yuri/Yaoi Pairings Tournament Nominations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yuri/Yaoi Pairings Tournament Nominations

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 16:16

In case some of you don't know, Yuri=femislash, girlxgirl, lesbians. And Yaoi=slash, boyxboy, gays. This is a tournament for the best anime Yuri/Yaoi pairings. Nominations must contain: A picture of each character or both together, what anime the pairing comes from, and a description of each character.

Example: KaorinxSakaki from Azumanga Daioh(If you actually want that pairing nominated, copy/paste it)

Kaorin: Kaori, also known as Kaorin, is a girl infatuated with Sakaki, whose unrequited feelings are a frequent source of anxiety. Her friends seem mostly unaware of her crush on Sakaki, and it is unknown whether or not Sakaki would reciprocate (in the first episode, Kaorin was put off inviting Sakaki to the astronomy club due to fear of rejection; Sakaki, however, seemed sad that Kaorin had not invited her). Even if Sakaki knows of Kaorin's affections for her, she never shows any sign of seeing her as anything other than a friend. In the 2009 released Azumanga Daioh: Supplementary Lessons, Osaka specifically asks Kaori if she is homosexual. Kaori becomes embarrassed and then answers that it's "one of those things peculiar to puberty" and that she'd love Sakaki even if she 'were' male, because she's cool.

Sakaki: Sakaki is a tall, soft-spoken girl uncomfortable with her height and busty physique. Because she is so shy, she seldom speaks, and her reticence is misinterpreted as being mysterious, or cool. This reputation has been compounded by the fact that most of the school's sports teams try to recruit her every year in the story because of her natural athletic ability, but, for the most part, she has no real interest in sports. In contrast to what the other students think of her, Sakaki is in reality a very emotionally sensitive person who holds a secret longing for all things cute. She loves cats, but the neighborhood cats dislike her, and her parents do not allow cats in their house because of her mother's allergies. Sakaki ends up spending a lot of time with Chiyo upon finding out that Chiyo's dog, Mr. Tadakichi, will let her pet him. This friendship actually shows the irony of their circumstances, as Sakaki wishes she looked more like Chiyo and Chiyo wishes that she looked more like Sakaki. Later in the series, Sakaki also befriends an Iriomote kitten that she meets on a side trip to Iriomote Island during a class trip to Okinawa. Later, the kitten loses its mother and proceeds to seek out Sakaki in Tokyo. Since Sakaki was in danger with the neighbor cat leader and the cat's kitty band, the kitten saves her and they soon become close friends. Sakaki is bad at art (shown by small pictures of cats in her note book) and loves neko konekos.

I'll try to get to at least 30 nominees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kokoa

Female

Forum Posts : 50

Fan of : Angelica and Elsa

Original Characters : Lia

Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Yuri/Yaoi Pairings Tournament Nominations

Post by Piero on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 18:27

Before we jump into this too deeply, I'd wanted to point out that I'd proposed doing separate tournaments for yaoi and yuri couples back when I was involved in organising a couples tournament than ran about two years ago or so. At the time I was advised it would be best to just run all the couples in one tournament however, which is what I ended up doing in the end.

The reason I bring this up i that I've been considering running a sequel to my original couples tournament. I'd actually suggested it a couple months ago although at the time it didn't seem to generate much interest.

Now I'm not saying we can't run both tournaments if that's what people want (or even just this one if there isn't an interest in doing another tournament for couples of all types) but I do wonder if it's really a good idea to do it that way.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 18:58

Oh, sorry... So should I not have done this tournament at all?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:09

I think we're going to need the opinion of some other member(s) on this one. While I'm one of the people who is concerned about potential overlap, I also feel I'm too close to the issue to be able to offer an impartial judgement (seeing as I'm one of the people who wants to run a tournament).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 19:22

Um... Could you explain it to me in more simpler terms?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 20:03

What I want to do is prevent too much overlap between our tournaments. The tournament I was planning to run would have included all couples (yuri, yaoi and straight). On the other hand however, I don't think I have the right to decide whether or not you should run your tournament when I'm someone who wants to run a very similar one. That wouldn't be fair.

There's also the fact that the board may potentially want separate tournaments. When I did my original couples tournament about two years ago, I was advised to do yaoi, yuri, and straight couples all together in one tournament rather than running separate ones. However, that was two years ago... view on the issue may have changed since then.

So basically I don't think the decision on how to proceed from here should be mine alone.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 20:06

So what should I do?

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 20:35

I'm nominate for Lelouch x Suzaku from Code Geass. Then in Soul Eater, it will be Liz x Patty, Maka x Crona and Spirit x Stein. Next is from Gundam such as Heero x Duo and Kira x Athrun x Shinn. Finally is Henrietta x Rico in Gunslinger Girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 20:51

Nominations must contain: A picture of each character or both together, what anime the pairing comes from(which you have), and a description of each character.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 1:13

This is all I have. I don't remember some. But it my guess. Oh here it is.
Soul Eater x Death the Kid from Soul Eater

Kira x Athrun from Gundam SEED

Naruto x Sasuke from Naruto

This is all I have. Sorry. I better look some more later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 2:54

Also keep in mind that there's an LGBT tournament gathering nominations as well.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 4:17

If it can be anyone and not official pairings COUNT ME IN!!!! I'll be posting some later. Right now sleep, so I can dream and brainstorm awesome pairings! >:3

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 18:03

Okay. And yeah I know about the GLBT thingy

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 18:33

Naruto and Sasuke? Aw, come ON. Just because they shared an accidental kiss doesn't make them candidates for a yaoi pairing.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 18:57

Yeah true but NaruxSasu is a commonly used yaoi pairing. I think.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 21:35

Piero asked for a "ruling on the field" between this tournament and the one he was interested in running.

Since we do have some pairings either posted or planned in this thread, I am inclined to let this one run as the Yuri/Yaoi pairing and then let Piero run a couples tournament where the pairings are male and female.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 23:27

In that case...

A pair of elite mages serving in Mid Childa’s Time Space Administration Bureau. One was born on Earth (a rarity for a mage) while the other is of Mid Childan origins. As a child the Earth born girl became a mage in order to protect her home from a set of dangerous magical artifacts that were scattered by an accident. This brought her into conflict with the Mid Childan girl, who desperately sought to obtain the same artifacts out of blind devotion to her insane and abusive mother. Despite this the Earth born girl –apparently sensing that something was amiss- made great efforts to reach out to her foe. While her efforts did not prevent the two from clashing, they eventually played a pivotal role in making the Mid Childan girl realize she could have a future free from her mother’s shadow. The two became close friends following the resolution of their battle and would become even closer after fighting together in a later incident. They remained very close as they got older in spite of pursuing different career paths (while both joined the TSAB they would choose different paths within the organisation) and would eventually be reunited while serving with the elite TSAB unit known as Mobile Section Six. During their time with MS6 they became joint caretakers for Vivio, a young girl their unit rescued who would later become their adopted daughter. Here’s Nanoha Takamachi and Fate T. Harlaown from the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha franchise.

Fate T. Harlaown (left) and Nanoha Takamachi (right) with their adopted daughter Vivio.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 3 May 2011 - 16:50

@Kokoa wrote:
Example: KaorinxSakaki from Azumanga Daioh(If you actually want that pairing nominated, copy/paste it)

Kaorin: Kaori, also known as Kaorin, is a girl infatuated with Sakaki, whose unrequited feelings are a frequent source of anxiety. Her friends seem mostly unaware of her crush on Sakaki, and it is unknown whether or not Sakaki would reciprocate (in the first episode, Kaorin was put off inviting Sakaki to the astronomy club due to fear of rejection; Sakaki, however, seemed sad that Kaorin had not invited her). Even if Sakaki knows of Kaorin's affections for her, she never shows any sign of seeing her as anything other than a friend. In the 2009 released Azumanga Daioh: Supplementary Lessons, Osaka specifically asks Kaori if she is homosexual. Kaori becomes embarrassed and then answers that it's "one of those things peculiar to puberty" and that she'd love Sakaki even if she 'were' male, because she's cool.

Sakaki: Sakaki is a tall, soft-spoken girl uncomfortable with her height and busty physique. Because she is so shy, she seldom speaks, and her reticence is misinterpreted as being mysterious, or cool. This reputation has been compounded by the fact that most of the school's sports teams try to recruit her every year in the story because of her natural athletic ability, but, for the most part, she has no real interest in sports. In contrast to what the other students think of her, Sakaki is in reality a very emotionally sensitive person who holds a secret longing for all things cute. She loves cats, but the neighborhood cats dislike her, and her parents do not allow cats in their house because of her mother's allergies. Sakaki ends up spending a lot of time with Chiyo upon finding out that Chiyo's dog, Mr. Tadakichi, will let her pet him. This friendship actually shows the irony of their circumstances, as Sakaki wishes she looked more like Chiyo and Chiyo wishes that she looked more like Sakaki. Later in the series, Sakaki also befriends an Iriomote kitten that she meets on a side trip to Iriomote Island during a class trip to Okinawa. Later, the kitten loses its mother and proceeds to seek out Sakaki in Tokyo. Since Sakaki was in danger with the neighbor cat leader and the cat's kitty band, the kitten saves her and they soon become close friends. Sakaki is bad at art (shown by small pictures of cats in her note book) and loves neko konekos.

I nominate Sakaki x Kaorin for official addition to the tournament. Also:

Rika Minami x Shizuka Marikawa (Highschool of the Dead)

Rika is the chief of first squadron in the prefecture police and an expert sniper in the Special Assault Team sent to clear the nearby airport of any zombie stragglers. She lives with and is often strongly hinted to have a lesbian relationship with ditzy, yet well endowed school nurse Shizuka Marikawa, for instance, when she recieves a phone call from Marikawa, she claims it to be from her boyfriend.

Shizuka is the extremely, almost comically well endowed school nurse at the high school attended by the main characters of Highschool of the Dead. She is known for being very ditzy, and seems to be aware of this (and possibly that she is in an anime/manga) when she states "that's just how the writers made me". In spite of having little skill in direct combat, her "offensive driving" means she has probably killed as many zombies as more skilled characters such as Kouta Hirano and Saeko Busujima, crushing them under the tires of firsts a school van and later a Humvee retrieved from her and Rika's home. Until the zombie apocalypse, she lived with and was hinted to have a lesbian relationshio with Rika Minami.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Sun 8 May 2011 - 3:04

Why don't we just stick with GsG canon?

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 8 May 2011 - 3:07

@Odon wrote:Why don't we just stick with GsG canon?

I just put two and two together.

THE DOJINSHI IS REAL!!! Guh? Hissy fit

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 8 May 2011 - 3:20

Get outta town.

The only yuri pairing in GSG is Claes/Triela. Sheo Darren tell me.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 May 2011 - 0:16

@Triela wrote:
@Odon wrote:Why don't we just stick with GsG canon?

I just put two and two together.

THE DOJINSHI IS REAL!!! Guh? Hissy fit

Yeah. In fact, GSG doujinshi with yuri are rare. Just for my nominate, it Henrietta x Rico, also Claes x Angelica, and Triela x Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Tue 17 May 2011 - 17:08

have Claes and Angelica ever talked to eachother..? I'll put it on th list anyway

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 12:29

KONOSETSU. Konoka Konoe and Setsuna Sakurazaki from Negima.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 13:41

@Kokoa wrote:have Claes and Angelica ever talked to eachother..? I'll put it on th list anyway
Well, they exchanged a few words,......right before Claes slapped the snot out of poor Angie! sissy slapfighting
I dunno if this is a is legit contribution, (by all means make it null n void if I'm wrong) but this is the only story I've read that might be relevant.
The show's called Transient Son, Hourou Musuko.
'The story depicts a young boy named Shuuichi Nitori who wants to be a girl, and his friend Yoshino Takatsuki, a girl who wants to be a boy. The series deals with issues such as transsexuality, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty.'
So it's sort of yuri and yaoi 'cause he's sort of like a girl and she's sort of like a boy. Sort of. Puzzled

Last edited by tremec6speed on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 14:09; edited 2 times in total
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 13:43

@Kokoa wrote:KONOSETSU. Konoka Konoe and Setsuna Sakurazaki from Negima.

@tremec6speed wrote:I dunno if this is a is legit contribution, (by all means make it null n void if I'm wrong) but this is the only story I've read that might be relevant.

The show's called Transient Son, Hourou Musuko.
'The story depicts a young boy named Shuuichi Nitori who wants to be a girl, and his friend Yoshino Takatsuki, a girl who wants to be a boy. The series deals with issues such as transsexuality, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty.'
So it's sort of yuri and yaoi 'cause he's sort of like a girl and she's sort of like a boy. Sort of. Puzzled

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 13:51

Alright lol but I don't see how it's yaoi or yuri if they're both the opposite sex..

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 14:06

Yeah you're right, technically it fails.
Oh well.
Sorry it's the best I could do.
Smile
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 14:11

Meh, S'okay.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 14:48

I nominate SanyaXEila! :3

(More yaoi pairings to come!) Very Happy

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kokoa on Fri 29 Jul 2011 - 15:11

Kayyy! I nominate! Sayo and Kazumi from Negima!

And Asuna and Ayaka from Negima.

Kokoa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme on Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 2:13

I nominate Cleas X Treila
and Rico X Henrietta
restonme

Male

Forum Posts : 30

Fan of : gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Luciana

Comments : error 135625457....member is too awesome.....

Registration date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum