Male

Forum Posts : 31

Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: happy 4th (americans) 2011

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 22:56

Happy birthday, free America.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 23:54

Not technically American, actually a Canadian living in the U.S., but any excuse to play with explosives is fine with me. Unfortunately, I've had to tone it down from last year (And have been unable to celebrate Canadian National Pyromania Day) because its to dry to safely let off fireworks, but still, Happy National Pyromania Day!
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 0:08

Lorenzo: "Good morning. In less than an hour, cyborgs from the SWA will join military forces from all over Italy in attacking the Turin Nuclear Power Plant. And you will be launching the biggest shitfight in the history of manga. 'Manga' - that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences over whether Petra/Sandro should have been drowned at birth. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or three percent tea tax... but from bowdlerisation! Let the Cyborg Central forum declare in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a good sound bite! Today we celebrate...Death to Dante Day!"

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 465

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 0:15

Very Happy Happy 4th! Not doing anything today however. Probably just clean my room and go on the interwebs. Razz

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 0:48

@Triela wrote:Very Happy Happy 4th! Not doing anything today however. Probably just clean my room and go on the interwebs. Razz

+1 over here, haha.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 1:21

I'll be out at work for the holiday, about 50 miles south of nearest land, but we might fire warning flares at some shrimp boats if they get too close to our anchors. That's kind of like fireworks, right?

Hope the rest of you have a good holiday.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 1:44

We have 24 hours of downtime before we head off to ITM (Itami - Osaka) in the morning, so I'll be heading over to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea to catch their nighttime shows with the girls.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 3:16

Will be working, but thankfully I'll be at my precinct, rather than having been tapped to deal with the maddening crowd downtown.

Then again, I'm going to be spending the evening answering calls for service re: fireworks going off within city limits.

Ah! Freedom! *chuckles* Happy Birthday, America.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDudeAndTJ on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 14:25

it suck to have to work on the fourth but i got to anyway. oh well at least ill have someone to talk to besides my alter ego.
TheDudeAndTJ

Male

Forum Posts : 31

Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 17:21

*climbs upon soapbox*

Just for a moment, folks, I'm going to voice something that's been kicking around in my head for a while. Please bear with me. Out of respect for those who don't want to read it, I'll spoilerize it. It is, after all, your choice.

Spoiler:

Dear America,

We've had our ups and downs. Lately it seems that we, as a group, can't get past a rather distressing sense of entitlement. What happened to the spirit of '76, wherein everyone would pull together without looking for how it would benefit them, personally? Why have too many of your sons and daughters lost the steel in their spines, replaced by a rather limp plastic imitation?

However, I don't think you're beyond salvation. I don't think that this nation has entirely lost it's way - but it does need work. Hard work. The kind that too many people are afraid of doing these days. But if we can all pull together, working towards this common goal, I see the eagle soaring again.

Having lived overseas for a good portion of my life, it was always interesting to see how people would respond when they learned I was American. When I was in England, it was sort of inescapable: I lived in a small village of less than 1500 - 2000 people. We were the only American family. I was really too young to understand exactly what it meant.

After I moved back to the States, then went back overseas to France, I began to feel the stirring in my breast, the ember that would grow into the flames of patriotism that I feel for my country today. But whenever anyone would talk badly about America and Americans in general, I would force myself to listen to their arguments. We, as a people, are very proud. Not without some justification, but when it comes at the cost of ignoring the needs and interests of others, that's when we get into trouble. Especially when it's reinforced by that sense of entitlement that I mentioned earlier.

I have always striven to avoid the sin of Pride - or rather, to try and live with the virtue of Humility. I make no claims as to being perfect, but I like to think that I avoid coming off as the stereotypical "ugly American." Maybe I've changed - it's been 10 years since I've lived overseas, and I've crammed a fair bit of living into the intervening timeframe. But I like to think that I'm still respectful of other nationalities' views of the country that I love.

Working the job that I do, I tend to see the worst that America can offer of itself. Too many people are greedy, apathetic, self-centered, ignorant (and willingly so! ), ill-mannered and generally not good examples to hold up to the rest of the world.

But I believe, I truly believe, that this nation is still amongst the greatest in the world - our sins are those of excess, derived from success. If people can take heed of the direction that we're travelling in, learn from the lessons of the past and avoid falling too deeply into a pit of our own construction, we can regain our footing and move forwards in the vanguard of humanity.

The dream begun in 1775 has not ended - it has merely meandered off-course. Dedication to the founding ideals of this country can correct this direction. I truly, honestly believe that with all of my heart. It saddens me to think of what could happen, and hardens my resolve to do everything I can, even if it's with only one person at a time, to attempt to affect a change in people's minds so as to bring about the change I envision.

Sorry for preachifying. This is something that has been building for some time, and today seems to be as good a day as any for it.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 19:59

Its well written ans well said, Officer_Charon.
I agree with you 100%

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 2:00

I agree too, Officer_Charon. May everyone have your optimistic, yet down to earth view you have.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 13:33

Working in Xerox now, some of our machines couldn't be tested because we couldn't get a daily build from the US yesterday :p
Hope you guys made the most of it Wink

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 15:21

Well Said OC
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum