Post by Kougeru on Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 6:41

officially hate this manga now >.<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kougeru

Male

Forum Posts : 51

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela, Rico, Angelica, Petrushka

Original Characters : Kougeru

Comments : plz just call me Kou. contact me anyway u want, always willing to chat

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: just read chapter 83...

Post by kadnax on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 10:40

I read it too, i'am sad but i still like this manga.

What José asked her is terrible !
kadnax

Male

Forum Posts : 18

Fan of : Gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Me

Comments : I'am everywhere

Registration date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 18:05

Henrietta shooting Jose made sense; even Jose appreciated the justice of it. Jose shooting Henrietta right after that shocked me quite a bit. Double suicide may be a accepted trope of tragic Japanese romance, but this chapter really showed how uneven and cruel it is.

Since Jose approved of Henrietta shooting him, I can only think that he shot to force her to finish him off, or to spare her the pain of living without him. I can't help thinking that Henrietta should be allowed to try and live without her handler, but the fact is she probably wouldn't be able to. Double suicide may be an accepted Japanese romantic trope, but this really shows how uneven and cruel it is. Jose always tried to help Henrietta, but in the end he was helpless to do anything for her.
Ghostfriendly

Male

Forum Posts : 149

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 19:34

I like the series a lot, but I guess it's inevitable this kind of ending.
Adults using kids turning them into mechanized murderers, I dunno, the odds seem to be stacked against a happy ending. Cry
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 19:40

I dunno. I think Yu pulling a (somewhat) happy - or at least a hopeful - ending would be a nice twist to a bleak tale.

I'm glad I stopped reading a long time ago.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 20:07

@Nachtsider wrote:I dunno. I think Yu pulling a (somewhat) happy - or at least a hopeful - ending would be a nice twist to a bleak tale.

I'm glad I stopped reading a long time ago.

What point did you stop reading, if I can ask?
Ghostfriendly

Male

Forum Posts : 149

Fan of : Rico and Triela, Triela and Rico

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 20:33

ignoring the ending for fear of it not going the way you wish makes the entire journey worthless. The lessons can only be understood if you know the whole situation.

I'll keep reading (and buying) because it's a good story.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 20:35

Did Joe shoot Henrietta? I thought she took her own life, mimicking how Elsa killed herself.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 20:57

@Kiskaloo wrote:Did Joe shoot Henrietta? I thought she took her own life, mimicking how Elsa killed herself.
Although I missed it my first read through I think the two spinning shell casings imply that two shots occured at the same instant...and on the previous page he's aiming his Five-SeveN at her eye.

Frankly I don't consider it all that sad an ending for those two. They're together, which is all Henrietta ever wanted from Giuse. While it falls short of the powerful impact of Angelica's passing I can't think of a better exit for this fratello.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 21:35

@Ghostfriendly wrote:What point did you stop reading, if I can ask?
Volume six.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 1:52

I still like the manga, I was exaggerating that. I'm just very upset because I really like Henrietta and Jose was being lame imo. I hope she lives or something because that was lame way to go out. I wouldn't mind it so much if someone else did the earlier blow on Jose.

Kougeru

Male

Forum Posts : 51

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela, Rico, Angelica, Petrushka

Original Characters : Kougeru

Comments : plz just call me Kou. contact me anyway u want, always willing to chat

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by razschi on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 3:20

Really sad about this. Just like Ghostfriendly said, it wouldn't have been fair for Jose to let Henrietta live by her own, following the same faith as Claes... or even worse.

However, after Elsa's death, they planned to strenghten the cyborg's eyes, so I wouldn't be surpized if whitin Henrietta's last conditioning process, they did that without her knowledge. Jose knew and acted in such a way that she will live and forget about him. Smile

Just a theory, but all together, I don't think Yu Aida is going to make this happen. Sad

Bottomline, the manga is still great and I can't wait to see how it ends Wink
razschi

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Fan of : Henrietta and Angelica

Original Characters : Claudia

Comments : We need more ammo!

Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 3:25

@razschi wrote:However, after Elsa's death, they planned to strenghten the cyborg's eyes...
I've heard this being mentioned many times before, but nobody's been able to show me exactly where this was said in the story. Anyone care to help?

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kadnax on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 4:28

@razschi wrote:
I wouldn't be surpized if whitin Henrietta's last conditioning process, they did that without her knowledge. Jose knew and acted in such a way that she will live and forget about him. Smile

There is a possibility that's she is not totally dead, but, i don't think so in fact.

The curious thing is that José and his brother wanted to revange the death of their familly, and i have the impression that he totally gave up that. I mean, he could ask Henrietta to continue the fight until Giacomo woul be killed, but he prefered to put an end to everything exactly like he thought it is impossible or it is not so important.
kadnax

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razschi on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 5:32

@kadnax wrote:
@razschi wrote:
I wouldn't be surpized if whitin Henrietta's last conditioning process, they did that without her knowledge. Jose knew and acted in such a way that she will live and forget about him. Smile

There is a possibility that's she is not totally dead, but, i don't think so in fact.

The curious thing is that José and his brother wanted to revange the death of their familly, and i have the impression that he totally gave up that. I mean, he could ask Henrietta to continue the fight until Giacomo woul be killed, but he prefered to put an end to everything exactly like he thought it is impossible or it is not so important.

You're probably right... Eitherway, I'm not entirelly sure how Henrietta could have even survived a 5.7x28 mm bullet at point blank range (Jose's handgun was a FN Five-Seven). But I'm still very doubtful of why Aida would want her dead since she was the most centralized character of all the series Sad... WHY HER? Sad(
razschi

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Fan of : Henrietta and Angelica

Original Characters : Claudia

Comments : We need more ammo!

Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 6:45

@Nachtsider wrote:
@razschi wrote:However, after Elsa's death, they planned to strenghten the cyborg's eyes...
I've heard this being mentioned many times before, but nobody's been able to show me exactly where this was said in the story. Anyone care to help?
Chapter 4

It's also mentioned in the first season anime I believe.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 7:10

Ah, thanks, Voodoo. I do wonder if this was actually implemented; if new cyborgs got improved eye sockets, and if existing cyborgs got their eye sockets modified.

@razschi wrote:You're probably right... Eitherway, I'm not entirelly sure how Henrietta could have even survived a 5.7x28 mm bullet at point blank range (Jose's handgun was a FN Five-Seven).
I doubt think a pistol shot could take a cyborg down, unless it was right through the eye.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 7:26

@Nachtsider wrote:Ah, thanks, Voodoo. I do wonder if this was actually implemented; if new cyborgs got improved eye sockets, and if existing cyborgs got their eye sockets modified.
The other question of course would be, though the intention was there did the SWA have the resources/technology to do so... or was it just something on the "to do" (along with, you know: extend lifespans, develop commercially applicable cybernetics and so on...).

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5739

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kadnax on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 8:56

Even with improved eyes, i think their eyes stay a week point. the eyes are probably More "solid" but not enought to stop a bullet at point blank range. Even if it is more protected, and even if the eyes of all cyborgs were improuved after Elsa'death (and it is not really sure for all of them), it can't be as armoured as a tank ! So, now, i think she is dead.
Anyway, she did what José asked her and so, even if she knew her eyes were improved, she just acted to kill herself in the better way she could and so she could only succeed. The fact that she killed herslef, knowing week point of her body makes any improvment in this area totally unusfull. When you realy want to die, you know how to proceed.

And if hteir eyes were as armoured as a tank and if it was impossible to die like that, so why is she lying unconscious (dead in fact) on José with so much blood around them ?

She is a killer, it would be strange and very surprising that she doesn't know how to kill herself in a very effective and definitive way!
kadnax

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down