Anime Couples Tournament 2.0 Nomination Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime Couples Tournament 2.0 Nomination Thread

Post by Piero on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 22:36

Well, the end of Summer is getting closer and it doesn't look like I've got enough nominations in the anime babes tournament to start that, so I'm thinking of putting it on hold for a bit and making another push for it as it gets towards summer next year. In the meantime, I'm going to give a different sequel tournament a try: namely a second anime couples tournament. I'm looking for about twenty four (preferably more) nominations and I hope to start by at least about Christmas time (Christmas is after all considered a romantic holiday in Japan).

Rules are pretty simple. You need a picture of about 640x480 (a second picture may be linked to if you wish) in size and a decent length description. Both need to be good enough to meet my quality control check (yeah, I've pretty much given up on using a seconding system). This tournament is more description oriented than the visuals oriented anime babes tournament. Remember, you're trying to sell the voters on a couple. As such your description should highlight the relationship between the two characters and what makes it so awesome.

Now, a few caveats. One, in order not to overlap with Kokoa's yaoi/yuri pairings tournament only straight pairings are allowed for the time being. I may ask the mods to let me open the tournament to yaoi and yuri couples in the future if Kokoa's tournament doesn't get off the ground, but for the time being I'm sticking to the settlement. Two, all pairings nominated for this tournament should have at least some basis in canon. It's fine to nominate a potential pairing in an ongoing series. It's even fine for a potential pairing that was in the running but lost out to another one to be involved. But don't nominate any potential pairings that don't have any basis in canon.

Also be warned that if two pairings from the same series are mutually exclusive (such as Full Metal Panic's Sousuke/Kaname and Sousuke/Tessa pairings) then I will put them up against each other in the first round. Laughing

Piero

Male

Forum Posts: 2550

Fan of: Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters: Diana and Piero

Registration date: 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime Couples Tournament 2.0 Nomination Thread

Post by Piero on Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 22:38

Here's a returning pairing from the previous tournament. I may potentially update there profile a bit for this tournament. But they're one of my favorite couples so I wanted to nominate them before anyone else could. Razz

A socially inept teenage counter-terrorist and former child soldier and the nice but short tempered school girl he was assigned to go undercover to protect. Their early interactions were characterised by the girl flip-flopping as to whether the guy was weird but harmless or a creep who was stalking her. After finding out about his mission, she decided that she was going to help him learn to fit in with normal people. Her strategy for doing this often seems to involve beating some sense into him –literally. Despite continuing violence on the part of both the girl and those targeting her, the two eventually develop a strong and mutually supporting relationship. Here’s Full Metal Panic’s Sousuke Sagara and Kaname Chidori.

It's intended to be a wallpaper... but it fits.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 26 Aug 2011 - 13:36

Seconding this pairing... especially since I'm chewing through FMP! right now

Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts: 1419

Fan of: Triela, Claes

Original Characters: John Darme.

Registration date: 2010-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 4:19

same here cheers

crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts: 1086

Fan of: Claes

Original Characters: none at this time

Comments: Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has four different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date: 2010-01-10

http://animescience101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 16:08

Thanks guys, but I'm not actually using a seconding system for this one, I hadn't found it very effective in some of the recent stuff. Instead the system this time is basically "if the pairing has some sort of basis in canon, and I'm satisfied that you have an adequate description and picture, you're in." (More or less, I might have some issues if someone nominated characters from a hentai series or something.) I want to encourage people to actually nominate stuff by removing some uncertainty about whether a nomination will actually make it in.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum