Seasons In The Abyss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons In The Abyss

Post by Nagneto on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 9:07

I don't put any stock into the so called paranormal as far as the real world is concerned. To me tales of the supernatural have been and always will be myths like any other kind used to entertain and to sometimes speak a parable of the human condition. That being said I adore just about every aspect of gothic horror, classic and *new. The old forsaken house on the hill that no one talks about. Strange noises in the night, is that the wind howling or the laments of restless spirits? Insidious figures dart away from the corner of your eye, Every superstition you've ever known is but a fractured splinter of the truth beneath the dark of the moon. There was a monster hiding under your bed. Was it just a dream? Or a glimpse into another reality? It's waiting for you, it sees you while your back is turned. It wants you. Is there a heaven? Or this this planet but a dwindling outpost in a uncaring cosmos at the mercy of monsters and gods? They thirst for blood...

The works I'll be creating for this site will be in the vein of writers like Straub, King, and Clive Barker. Not without undue credit to the master who revolutionized horror fiction forever, H.P. Lovecraft. I came up with a few oddball what if scenarios after watching the series a few years ago, and only decided recently to do anything with them after reading through the manga up to it's current point.

I want to make it clear I want to do everything I can to make every instance of paranormal encounters the SWA stumbles across to be as fresh and original (for lack of a better word) as possible. Established "entities" from the previously mentioned authors won't be making an appearance. I will strive my hardest to create new all manner of new horrors hiding in the sewers and shadows beneath the SWA's already fucked up world. Like the Gunslinger Girl series, I will try to keep matters of morality in grey. There's no good and evil struggles going on here. More of beings of nature beyond our understanding that must feed on the misery of the human condition. In Gunslinger Girl, argueably nobody is the "good guy" (depending on your definition of good). It's basic plot is that a corrupt government fights terrorism and threats to it's corrupt power through brainwashed child soldiers. The series is practically built on secrets and conspiracies.

I envision a setting in which Italy is a country of many dirty secrets. Beneath it's corrupt government and their own malign agendas is the vast criminal underworld of the mafiso. The Vatican squats like a fly upon a proverbial dung heap of human suffering, manipulation, and hidden debauchery. Beyond that? In the rural hills bon fires burn in the night as madmen howl to long forgotten idols, like the heathen pagans of old. Vile shapes belch up from the sewers and take the form of their mortal prey. Hushed whispers and fear masquerade the corruption of men by day, and cower at the shadows that stalk the night.

In essence Campbell Country.

This is at least the basic atmosphere I'm hoping to set in the future.

Last edited by Nagneto on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispellings.)
Nagneto

Male

Forum Posts : 62

Fan of : Primordial Evil That Has Ruled Before

Original Characters : Sylvester Von Braun

Comments : Sunshine in the house of flames
She loves it where she gets it
But it's never felt the same
Surgery, in the house of dissection
When your candle burns out I'll resurrect you
She runs through fields of daisies
Yeah, it's just a shame that they eat their own babies
Who cares, cos' the air is free
When you get there will you kiss the dead for me?

Registration date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Seasons In The Abyss

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 9:17

It's already shaping up to be a dark and stormy night. Batten down the hatches, boys and girls - I think our new friend is going to take us on one hell of a ride.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 9:37

I should probably mention in this particular universe, what we conceive as angels and demons are one in the same being(s).

They're also very hungry.

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
FEED YOUR HEAD

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:29

NoŽl: "Great. Just great."

Kara: "Yeah. Lovely."

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:35

^ Who are they? If I may inquire.

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 4:04

@Nagneto wrote:^ Who are they? If I may inquire.
Kara and NoŽl are Kisk's OC cyborgs. Lets just say, if someone asks "Who you gonna call?" ... it ain't gonna be them. Razz

Well, you've set the atmosphere pretty well in the description.... do it half as well in the story proper and I think you'll be fine. Now, to be honest I don't generally dig the horror/supernatural, but this I can honestly say I'm looking forward to. Very Happy

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5739

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 4:07

Ah I see.

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 5:46

I think we sometimes take people's familiarity with our OCs for granted. Not everyone is in the know, especially not newcomers. That being said, Nagento, do feel free to search the OC dossiers and our very own GSG Fanon Wiki for answers to your questions.

As much as I'd like for proton pack-equipped cyborgs to show up in a supernatural-themed chronicle, I don't know if that would fit in with the subject of this thread. Razz

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 5:50

@Nachtsider wrote:I think we sometimes take people's familiarity with our OCs for granted. Not everyone is in the know, especially not newcomers. That being said, Nagento, do feel free to search the OC dossiers and our very own GSG Fanon Wiki for answers to your questions.
Yeah, I remember it took me awhile to figure out who belonged to who and what the characters were like.

As for the dossiers... I know Jethro and Monty's is horribly out of date. sweat Really should rectify that.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:02

OC Time. I created a villain (to say the least) many moons ago who is the subject of the big fanfiction I keep alluding to. I call him Von Braun. I'm not certain if all of you will be comfortable with the things I've written here. Simply put this character is an embodiment of corruption.

High upon a forsaken hill in the wilds of Calabria, There sits a mansion forged from the ruins of a Byzantine Castle. Within these ancient walls lie a treasure trove of art and relics from around the world. This vast collection wealth and knowledge are remnants from heinous times of man's history. Tribal fetishes that harbored the threat of war. Instruments of tortures from every empire across every nation. Banners of long dead warrior clans, their weapons adore the walls. Along side them are galleys of long forgotten artists depicting man's darkest and most sinister desires. He has taken many names through out time. The baron of this manor is the servant of ancient evil. He is Sylvester Von Braun.

Sex, Religion, Death. These three words represent the aspirations of this odious fiend. Von Braun is simply put, a Monster. He postures as an aristocrat of the world's elite. A hedonist with a love affair for living life to it's fullest. He is zealous to his Dark God, and is driven beyond insanity to please himself and his God. His origins are shrouded in lies. Some say he was the debauched offspring of old European aristocracy, who
was seduced by black magic. He claims to be descended from an ancient race of beings that was supposedly utterly wiped out in a war with early mankind. Others still speculate he is not a man at all, but a malicious spawn of the Dark God, manifested to spread It's darkness.

His articulate manner and dignified charm beguiles a sadistic killer. He is beneath contempt, and beyond redemption. He is as low and wicked as a man can go (if he is a man at all). Beneath his elaborate
Manson, lies a tomb of children, living and dead. Further still into the unhallowed earth exists a unholy cathedral dedicated to The Great Powers. His doomsday cult, the Eyes of The Sabbath is a congregation of runaways, abandoned children, and slaves sold on the black market. Their purpose is to die in the
name of The Great Powers. These damned souls wail and scream as madness consumes them. Upon adulthood (if they survive) they become frothing heretics held in mental bondage to Von Braun's insane will. The arcane and perverse rituals this monster puts the innocent through, is better left unspoken.
Von Braun is a predator in more ways than one. His only ambition is to strip mankind of all reason, to join him in deranged ecstasy. His nirvana is complete gibbering madness, a world of rampaging man-demons, raping and killing each other. He believes this savagery is the core essence of humanity (who he dubs
primates), and it his holy duty to unleash this primal lust in mankind.

For him stagnate life is a fate worse than death. Each and every moment should be an explosion of raging emotion, a blessing The Great Powers have promised to bestow upon man. Be it conceited joy or nightmarish despair, he is bringer of both. For now he wallows in the luxuriates of the affluent elite. Behind the mask of noble, he awaits the day of The Sabbath, when The Dark God's power over the Earth waxes full. That terrible day when the sun sets forever and the only light is the burning of hellfire and doom.

Last edited by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duh)

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:02

I'm not sure why the paragraphs are all funky like that btw.

Fixed it.

Last edited by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:23

@Nagneto wrote:I'm not sure why the paragraphs are all funky like that btw.
Did you copy and paste out of word? I find some of the formatting goes weird if you try that. Way to solve it: copy///paste into a pure txt program like notepad to break all the formatting, then copy///paste from there into the forum.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:10

I also wanted to take to time to mention really quickly two other groups I have conceptualized in this universe. Whether or not I utilize either of them remains to be seen.

Section 6 - An alleged Special Ops org. Agents within Section 1 and 2 believe them to be a hoax organization, made up to pander to crazy conspiracy theorists. Their existence is not known of outside tabloid articles.

The time of their establishment is not known. They are a recently created group in conjunction with a similar secret CIA branch group named Majestic. Both organizations monitor supernatural activity, in particular that of "The Dark God". They are aware of it's presense and exist to keep knowledge of the alien entity out of the public eye. They are secret military police force designed to hunt and suppress it's manifestations in the world. The alien being is seen as such, and is beyond current scientific understanding. Officials within the org believe it's only a matter of time before the entity fully exerts itself on earth. They struggle to keep the knowledge of the entity hidden, as the entity seems to react to the number of people that know about it, causing mutative manifestations to appear.

Majestic - A global network that monitors and suppresses information regarding the existence of "The Dark God".

(SPECIAL NOTE: Tachibana Labs don't really have anything to do with my cosmic horror. They aren't my creation, they are from the anime Serial Experiments Lain. The reason I am mentioning them is because they play an intergral role in a crossover story I'm planning. I'm a damn bastard for not mentioning this intitally)

Eyes Of The Sabbath - A doomsday cult with sects across the world.

Tachibana Labs - A Japan based technology corporation that specialized in the production new forms of advanced tech. The company dissolved following a heinous scandal involving the massacre of hundreds of children in an experiment gone awry. Many of the companies scientists fled their country after this disaster. Some of their scientists made their way to Italy where they were recruited by the then developing Special Ops. Their contributions eventually led to the creation of Section 2. Many facilities of the company still stand abandoned...

I was going to include Tachibana Labs in my XANATOS story and make it a cross over with Lain. I have since decided against it. It would be better to invent some of cybernetics corporation on my own.

Last edited by Nagneto on Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 5:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm an idiot :\)

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 1:56

I like it, Nagneto! I'm all into supernatural horror!
I've been wanting to going in a similar direction on one of my own OC cyborg fratello, except leaning towards more advanced sci-fi tech than what the actual story depicts. Eager to read your cyborg tales of terror!
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 3:38

Ooh! Glad to hear it! Thank you.

Have fallen sloppy dead
FEED YOUR HEAD

Nagneto

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum