Striker unit ideas

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Striker unit ideas

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:10

Shotguns are good apart from the range issue. A Neuroi could take you out before you get close enough to do damage.

Ach is right when he says heavier stuff is the way to go. Look at the Japanese missions against the Superfortress raids, which almost parallel the Witches' missions against the huge Neuroi ships - the weapons that worked best were cannons of 37mm caliber and up. Were I a Witch, I'd opt for a heavy-caliber, semi-automatic, bazooka-type weapon, something like a magazine-fed Panzershreck. The idea ammo would be a mix of armour-piercing rounds and rounds with proximity fuses, so they can do damage by air-bursting near the target and not just with direct hits.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:27

Lets blend in and be unnoticeable (not only is it invisible from radar, it also looks a bit like a Neuroi)

Spoiler:

She has animal Characteristics, with Leg mounted wingpacks, this is like a crossover between two technologies. oh and LOTS OF MISSILES, and some drop tanks for range as well.

Spoiler:

ACH

Forum Posts : 389

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:44

Why the hell hasn't anyone designed Figmas or Revoltechs of these? I'd totally buy the hell out of them.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:49

Because its made by one relatively unknown person, who I think has made a PSP/3 game I think. Certainly not as well known as Shimada Humikane. Online Name of the fellow is Yone88 or Yonezuka Ryou.

Still all of them look quite a lot better than the usual iteration of Mecha Musume out there, Like the Yukikaze one especially.

ACH

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:58

He should whore out his designs to Bandai and get rich. Everybody wins.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Sat 5 May 2012 - 9:58

SCHRÄGE MUSIK vertical firing guns,maybe the witches could strap on several guns and fly under the Neuroi ?

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 5 May 2012 - 10:17

I think the fact that the Witches can hover and the fact that their weapons are handheld makes the upward-firing cannons superfluous. All they need to do is hover in a a roughly 'on their back' position and fire straight up.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sat 5 May 2012 - 10:21

Rockets. Not the Puny stuff Sanya Uses... coz those are a bit hopelessly slow, I mean big stuff such as the RP-3 Rockets, 60lbs of explosives... or a solid 3 inch penetrator (like one massive steel, rocket powered arrow)

ACH

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:30

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Rockets. Not the Puny stuff Sanya Uses... coz those are a bit hopelessly slow, I mean big stuff such as the RP-3 Rockets, 60lbs of explosives... or a solid 3 inch penetrator (like one massive steel, rocket powered arrow)
Or... A ROCKET PROPELLED FIST! on a string so you can use over and over again .
Back to reality now, for rockets the Gals might be able to get away with something like a Javelin. I've seen picturtes of what one of thos can do to an M1 Abrahms. Now, considering the how Neuroi armour has trouble at reppeling bullets, and Abrahms armour doesn't (as far as I know anyway, correct me if I'm wrong), the flying beem monters are screwed. Or for a more lightweight solution, the XM-25. Can use FLechettes, Armour peircing and Air Burst grenades.

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sun 6 May 2012 - 4:11

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
-ACHTUNG- wrote:Rockets. Not the Puny stuff Sanya Uses... coz those are a bit hopelessly slow, I mean big stuff such as the RP-3 Rockets, 60lbs of explosives... or a solid 3 inch penetrator (like one massive steel, rocket powered arrow)
Or... A ROCKET PROPELLED FIST! on a string so you can use over and over again .
Back to reality now, for rockets the Gals might be able to get away with something like a Javelin. I've seen picturtes of what one of thos can do to an M1 Abrahms. Now, considering the how Neuroi armour has trouble at reppeling bullets, and Abrahms armour doesn't (as far as I know anyway, correct me if I'm wrong), the flying beem monters are screwed. Or for a more lightweight solution, the XM-25. Can use FLechettes, Armour peircing and Air Burst grenades.

Consider that the RP-3's are WWII era Equipment, your getting lost in time now lol.

The only problem with most of the weapons you suggest, is that yes they are good at blowing things up, but are completely inappropriate for the job at hand.

If modern weaponry is concerned and also considering the size of the Wingpacks, the best solution would be Russian made 9M120 Ataka-V's with radio SACLOS guidance, or 9K121 Vikhr laser beam riding missiles. They pack a mean punch and has about 4-8 km range. But really, Most Neuroi are the big bulky types, so its best to just use blast fragmentation unguided Rockets if your gonna get close anyways. Guided missiles would be best if you want standoff distances and a sure hit capability.

HEAT warheads such as those on the Javelin has impressive penetration, but penetration is not what you want since the core of a Neuroi is usually less than 5% of the entire thing, it be a tiny chance of the penetrating stream to actually hit that. Blasting away large chunks are the name of the game here, and doing that at Close range with Rockets are the most efficient way possible.

Rockets provide simple, cost effective way of bringing a large payload of explosives at a target. The warhead need not have thick walls since it is not exposed to immense pressures as such found in a gun tube of cannons, nor does it need sophisticated guidance of Missiles since it is to be used at close ranges where accuracy wont be the primary concern. Not only do you save weight on these things for more explosive payload, you also save weight on the aircraft by it not carrying Cartridge casings and the cannon itself as in cannon based systems, nor would you need the large guidance computer that would be needed in guided munitions.

Rockets = Best Bang for the Buck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACH

Male

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 6 May 2012 - 4:41

Close range? I thought the idea of rocket-propelled weaponry was to engage the enemy from a safely long range.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sun 6 May 2012 - 5:35

@Nachtsider wrote:Close range? I thought the idea of rocket-propelled weaponry was to engage the enemy from a safely long range.

Theyre accuracy falls away at longer ranges, Ground attack, sure they would work well. But gotta remember that its aircraft were talking about, now Neuroi are big, but they arent that big.

Tho short range for me is actually less than 4km and anything less than a kilometer is practically point blank, but thats me I guess, Since Im such a person that believes that Range and Accuracy is what wins engagements.

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 6 May 2012 - 5:53

Ha, I guess we've just got different ideas of what 'long range' means. To me, anything beyond 500 yards is 'long range'.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 6 May 2012 - 8:01

Imma starting to think we're putting more thought into this than the creators of the show Razz.
Ach, Natch,I think you are both right with your ideas of long and close range. Natch, I believe is looking at it from a rifleman's point of view, where one would be hard pressed to find themselves with a weappon of greater than a kilometre range. Ach, I reckon is talking about ranges for missiles, where with such high velicities and ranges, less than a click could be considered point blank. All depends on the weapon.
For myself, point blank is withing spitting distance, and long range... 'bout a click. (I'm also a rifleman type o' fella).
-ACHTUNG- wrote:Consider that the RP-3's are WWII era Equipment, your getting lost in time now lol.
'spose I am a little lost in time . someone call the Doctor, he'll save me in his TARDIS, then procede to try and get the Neuroi and Withces to stop fighting and play nice. One of two things would then happen. A) the Doctor gets lasered to death by the Neuroi. Or B) he sonics the Nueroi when they try to laze him Smile.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:21; edited 1 time in total

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Sun 6 May 2012 - 8:47

All things considered, Im an Artillery sort of guy. And yes was using light Missile/Rocket range as a base for that.

If Im basing it with Tube Artillery, then short range is 10-20km and point blank is anything less than that.

Dont really understand the trend of Anime's/Manga's these days.
Where the Sword, seemingly is the best weapon ever devised by mankind.

Tho to be honest, I dont think it would be much excitement if all they be doing is showing an Artillery crew go through the paces of swabbing the bore, loading the shell, ramming it, loading powder, closing the breach, loading primer, and pulling lanyard.... REPEAT TILL ENEMY CEASE TO EXIST.

Thats a workout, but not really too much fighting going on.

If Im to handle witches for Face-to-Face engagements (on normal Strikers). Ide have them use standard infantry issue Bolt-Action Rifles/Carbines.

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:10

-ACHTUNG- wrote:All things considered, Im an Artillery sort of guy. And yes was using light Missile/Rocket range as a base for that.
Thought so Wink

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Dont really understand the trend of Anime's/Manga's these days.
Where the Sword, seemingly is the best weapon ever devised by mankind.
That topic gets brought up whenever me and my little bro watch an anime with swords, often with me opting for the use of guns. Would have a lot of scenes like that one from Iniana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Tho to be honest, I dont think it would be much excitement if all they be doing is showing an Artillery crew go through the paces of swabbing the bore, loading the shell, ramming it, loading powder, closing the breach, loading primer, and pulling lanyard.... REPEAT TILL ENEMY CEASE TO EXIST.
I'd watch that as long as there's some snappy banter between the artillery crew.

-ACHTUNG- wrote:If Im to handle witches for Face-to-Face engagements (on normal Strikers). Ide have them use standard infantry issue Bolt-Action Rifles/Carbines.
Do you mean yourself against Witch, Witch against Witch, or Neuroi against Witch? Bolt actions and carbines sounds reasonable enough. (Are we talking this era or WWII era, 'cause there weren't carbines in WWII. Not that I know of anyway)

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:34

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:(Are we talking this era or WWII era, 'cause there weren't carbines in WWII. Not that I know of anyway)
The only one I'm aware of is the Lee Enfield "Jungle Carbine" (though I'm sure the M1 had one as well)... which is mostly an offshoot of me giving Monty one for a chapter. However, the term "carbine" to my understanding simply designates a shortened version of another long arm, and has been around since the days of muzzle loading muskets and mounted cavalry

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5701

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:46

Carbines abounded in WWII. Germans had 'em, Americans had 'em, British had 'em, Japanese had 'em.

The bolt-action rifle has no role in modern warfare except as a sniper rifle. You can't clear rooms with it, you can't put down suppressing fire with it. And you sure as hell can't take down a Neuroi ship with it.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:49

...the Doctor gets lasered to death by the Neuroi.

To regeneration. You mean regeneration.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 6 May 2012 - 19:24

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote: someone call the Doctor, he'll save me in his TARDIS, then procede to try and get the Neuroi and Withces to stop fighting and play nice. One of two things would then happen. A) the Doctor gets lasered to feath by the Neuroi. Or B) he sonics the Nueroi when they try to laze him Smile.
Dude... Spitfires... in space.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:28

@MP5 wrote:
...the Doctor gets lasered to death by the Neuroi.

To regeneration. You mean regeneration.
Neuroi beems desingergrate things, to quote Despicable Me: "It has been desintergrated, by definition it cannot be fixed." And by extention, regenerated.
@Nachtsider wrote:Carbines abounded in WWII. Germans had 'em, Americans had 'em, British had 'em, Japanese had 'em.
I didn't know that. Yay, I learned something!

Natchsider wrote:The
bolt-action rifle has no role in modern warfare except as a sniper
rifle. You can't clear rooms with it, you can't put down suppressing
fire with it. And you sure as hell can't take down a Neuroi ship with
it.
You forgot anti-material, and with that point, I recall a little thing called teh explosive 20mm. Should clear a room quick enough. at the very least it'll kill a few of them, plus you're out of thier weapons range
@Alfisti wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote: someone call the
Doctor, he'll save me in his TARDIS, then procede to try and get the
Neuroi and Withces to stop fighting and play nice. One of two things
would then happen. A) the Doctor gets lasered to feath by the Neuroi. Or
B) he sonics the Nueroi when they try to laze him Smile.
Dude... Spitfires... in space.
I don't recall Chuchill saying anything about fighting them in space. The beaches, but not space. Doesn't matter, he doesn't have to know Very Happy

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:49

@Alfisti wrote:Dude... Spitfires... in space.
I don't recall Chuchill saying anything about fighting them in space. The beaches, but not space. Doesn't matter, he doesn't have to know Very Happy
No, go back to Doctor Who, and watch "Victory of the Daleks".

Spitfires. In space.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:52

@Alfisti wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Dude... Spitfires... in space.
No, go back to Doctor Who, and watch "Victory of the Daleks".

Spitfires. In space.
I remember now . Myabe he could get the Daleks to fight the Neuroi. That'd free up some of the Witches time and kill a lot of baddies.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 2:07

Slightly off topic for a sec, have there been any GsG/Doctor Who, Strike Witches/Doctor Who, or GsG/Strike Witches crossovers?

Back on topic: I know you get land Strikers, wich are moddled on tanks, so I was thinking, why not AT-AT Strikers? The only way for the Neuroi to kill 'em would be to trip 'em over, plus it could be used in conjuntion to the X-wing and/or Tie Fighter Strikers.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 7 May 2012 - 2:57

The problem with vehicles that travel on legs is that the legs are particularly vulnerable to enemy fire. One well-placed RPG round or Neuroi laser beam to the joints and it's curtains. The AT-AT walkers got away with it because their immense size allowed the Imperials to heavily armour the legs. You can't do the same with a one-person Striker unit; weight would go up, speed and agility would go down.

As for the anti-material rifle, you still can't clear a room with it. The thing's a long-range weapon, and room-clearing is close-in work. Firing a 20mm at room-clearing distance will kill you along with the guys you fired at - flying shrapnel is one hell of a thing. Yeah, sure, you can solve the problem by blowing the room up from 300 yards, but what if there was a hostage in there you needed to save, or valuable intel material?

I prefer a semi-auto anti-material rifle, anyway. Razz

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 7 May 2012 - 3:16

@Nachtsider wrote:I prefer a semi-auto anti-material rifle, anyway. Razz
Incase you need to blow up multiple rooms instead of just one.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 3:57

@Alfisti wrote:
@Nachtsider wrote:I prefer a semi-auto anti-material rifle, anyway. Razz
Incase you need to blow up multiple rooms instead of just one.
S'pose it's just one of those things that depends on the situation. Carbine is better for hostage recuse; anti-material better for destroying armoured targets; and the M61 Vulcan whne you absolutely have to kill every mofo that gets in the line of fire (so long as it's mounted on something) Razz

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Mon 7 May 2012 - 4:54

Bolt Action Carbines... with sword bayonets largely coz.... have you seen what a magically enchanted blade does to a neuroi?.

But the oddest thing about the witches I would arm is that the guns they be using are gonna fire blanks most of the time.

Well technically propellant cartridges for RIFLE GRENADES. Muzzle Fired Rifle Grenades would allow them to carry a punch as potent as aircraft cannons, Trading the kinetic energy of high velocity rounds for the chemical energy stored in the casing of the grenades.

And contrary to what Nacht said. a Rifle grenade loaded Bolt action rifle would clear a room in one shot... just make sure your at least 15m away from the point of impact.

Penetration you say? well then we use HEAT grenades.

Found another simple solution...
Witch flies over Neuroi, Witch drops 10kg Satchel Charge on neuroi, Witch flies away, Witch watches as Neuroi turns to shards of glass.

And The M61 Vulcan is Odd... It weighs about 250lbs fires 20x102mm ammo... now that sounds deadly. But the GSh-6-30 is only 50lbs heavier, throws out 30x165mm rounds at the same Rate of Fire.

So what the Gsh-6-30 does is fires rounds nearly as powerful as the GAU-8 Avenger (which weigh twice as much) at a Rate of Fire that matches the much smaller M61 Vulcan.

GAU-8:
Caliber: 30x173mm
Rate of Fire: 3900rpm (current set)
Mass: 600+lbs

M61:
Caliber: 20x102mm
Rate of Fire: 6000rpm
Mass: 250+lbs

GSh-6-30:
Caliber: 30x165mm
Mass: 300+ lbs

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 6:16

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Bolt Action Carbines... with sword bayonets largely coz.... have you seen what a magically enchanted blade does to a neuroi?.
This trend again? I know thier swards awlays seem to be bad ass, but they do have draw backs...

-ACHTUNG- wrote:But the oddest thing about the witches I would arm is that the guns they be using are gonna fire blanks most of the time.

Well technically propellant cartridges for RIFLE GRENADES. Muzzle Fired Rifle Grenades would allow them to carry a punch as potent as aircraft cannons, Trading the kinetic energy of high velocity rounds for the chemical energy stored in the casing of the grenades.

And contrary to what Nacht said. a Rifle grenade loaded Bolt action rifle would clear a room in one shot... just make sure your at least 15m away from the point of impact.

Penetration you say? well then we use HEAT grenades.
Not too sure they had HEAT rounds back then, or did we go back to nowatimes?

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Found another simple solution...
Witch flies over Neuroi, Witch drops 10kg Satchel Charge on neuroi, Witch flies away, Witch watches as Neuroi turns to shards of glass.
Why not go that bit further and use low yield nukes? throw a few of them suckers and the hive is no longer an issue.

-ACHTUNG- wrote:And The M61 Vulcan is Odd... It weighs about 250lbs fires 20x102mm ammo... now that sounds deadly. But the GSh-6-30 is only 50lbs heavier, throws out 30x165mm rounds at the same Rate of Fire.

So what the Gsh-6-30 does is fires rounds nearly as powerful as the GAU-8 Avenger (which weigh twice as much) at a Rate of Fire that matches the much smaller M61 Vulcan.

GAU-8:
Caliber: 30x173mm
Rate of Fire: 3900rpm (current set)
Mass: 600+lbs

M61:
Caliber: 20x102mm
Mass: 250+lbs

GSh-6-30:
Caliber: 30x165mm
Mass: 300+ lbs
The GUA-8 is the thing that the A-10 uses right? But I had always thought that was 40mm. Aw well, I've been wrong before .
But the thing about the Gsh-6-30 is that, unlike the other two, it can't be chambered for DU rounds, which turn tanks into swiss cheese, and are pyrophoric. And since the Witches are super buff anyway, they can carry the M61, and Gertrude being teh super buffest, can carry the larger GAU-8.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 7 May 2012 - 6:27

the gun may only weigh that much but its ammo weighs a lot more,3400 lbs for 1150 rounds, at 3900 rpm thats about 18 seconds of fire,and the Russian guns rounds have only half the muzzle velocity of the GAU-8 and it overheats faster

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Mon 7 May 2012 - 6:59

Destroyer...

British No. 68 Rifle Grenade 1940-45 HEAT charge warhead.

Awinell...

Do remember that the lighter the gun is... the more ammo the platform can carry. And there are DU 30x165mm rounds and at a muzzle velocity of about 850m/s is only 10-15% less than the GAU-8, It sacrifices a bit of muzzle velocity for almost double the rate of fire.

The problem is that the Russian's has never actually made a Ground attack aircraft to mount the GSh-6-30, unlike the US designing a plane around the GAU-8.

It overheats faster coz of the higher rate of fire, thats just a given (and perfectly obvious). One has to remember that its a Gas Operated Rotary, instead of Power Driven, what that means is It revs INSTANTLY.

Now an M61 has a maximum Round per second of 100 but It only fires around 20-50 for the first second due to how horribly slow it starts up.
The Gas operated Russian guns starts up much quicker, due to it having a much lighter rotating assembly and the lack of a motor.

On a Completely different note.

Does anyone mind if I post some "World Witches-Witches of Africa" on here for ppl to view, I got a few of them.

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 7:45

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Destroyer...

British No. 68 Rifle Grenade 1940-45 HEAT charge warhead.
I've learnt a lot about WWII era weaponary since my first post about Strike Witches. Take that all you mofos who say I shouldn't watch this sort of thing, it's more educational than your bloody X-factor. (I hate all reality TV)

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Do remember that the lighter the gun is... the more ammo the platform can carry. And there are DU 30x165mm rounds and at a muzzle velocity of about 850m/s is only 10-15% less than the GAU-8, It sacrifices a bit of muzzle velocity for almost double the rate of fire.

The problem is that the Russian's has never actually made a Ground attack aircraft to mount the GSh-6-30, unlike the US designing a plane around the GAU-8.

It overheats faster coz of the higher rate of fire, thats just a given (and perfectly obvious). One has to remember that its a Gas Operated Rotary, instead of Power Driven, what that means is It revs INSTANTLY.

Now an M61 has a maximum Round per second of 100 but It only fires around 20-50 for the first second due to how horribly slow it starts up.
The Gas operated Russian guns starts up much quicker, due to it having a much lighter rotating assembly and the lack of a motor.
If you want a gun with a high rate of fire, get the Metal Strom's 36 barrel prototype. (BTW, this company is Australian, I think that's freaking awsome!)
36 barrel prototype:
Fires in 180 round bursts (per barrel)
Fire rate: just over 1 million rounds per minute
Claimed fire rate: 1.62 million rounds per minute (45,000 per barrel)

'So shove that in your fuse box' (lyric from AC/DC's Live Wire). I will admit however that it's probably a bitch to reload though.

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Does anyone mind if I post some "World Witches-Witches of Africa" on here for ppl to view, I got a few of them.

Not at all. This thread has nearly derailed and actually derailed a couple of times, I see no reason not to continue this trend.
I can't actually remember any threads that haven't gone off topic and managed to get more than one page of posts. Like I like to say as of now since I just thought it up, "At Cyborg Central, we are masters of thread derailment."

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Mon 7 May 2012 - 8:07

I sort of meant On a different thread aside from here...

Ille wait for someone with a Red name to give the go ahead tho.

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 7 May 2012 - 8:59

there is another reason why 30 or even 20mm gatling guns would be unlikely,size, those things are massive !

we've never seen them fire anything bigger than a Boys rifle or the light machine guns of their nation

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 9:02

-ACHTUNG- wrote:I sort of meant On a different thread aside from here...

Ille wait for someone with a Red name to give the go ahead tho.
That's probably for the best. I thoguht you were just asking for peoples general opinion. Sorry .

@Awinnell wrote:there is another reason why 30 or even 20mm gatling guns would be unlikely,size, those things are massive !

we've never seen them fire anything bigger than a Boys rifle or the light machine guns of their nation
But we've seen Gertrude lift a giant iron beam out the way of the hanger. She's buff, she can lift it Razz

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Mon 7 May 2012 - 9:36

Oh come on... I was talking about them as a weapon... not as potential armament for witches...

Still... to be honest 30mm sounds a bit weak compared to a Bofors 40mm.

And at the end of The Witches of Africa, One particular Fuso Witch is seen lugging not one... but TWO of them, (same witch previously picked up a disabled Flak 18 8.8cm AA gun and with the help of a second witch, used it to blow away a particularly large Neuroi).

And Ille just post it right now, coz Ide be gone in a few, wait for it in a few minutes.

EDIT: HOLY CHRIST, The Pics Im posting up are massive... and considering theres about 30-40 of them per Volume... Its gonna take more than a few minutes... sorry

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Fri 18 May 2012 - 5:59

Spoiler:

The Me 262 is a great plane... but Im thinking about the HG III variation.
Now a non too informed person, seeing that today would mistake it for a modern fighter...

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 18 May 2012 - 6:50

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
Spoiler:

The Me 262 is a great plane... but Im thinking about the HG III variation.
Now a non too informed person, seeing that today would mistake it for a modern fighter...
Ja, mein freund. German engineers of the time were quite wunderbar. Ahead of thier time I thinks.
Oh yeah, and it would make a cool Striker. However, i think it would be used as a modle for a Neuroi, since they were all moddled on prototypes and the like. Still, nice idea.

Since I discovered 'Land Strikers' existed, i'ce thought they were the shit. But it makes me wonder, could you get boat or even submarins Strikers? I know I sure as hell whant to see the Striker equivilent of the красный Октябрь (Red October for those who don't have a fluent understanding of the Russian language or don't want to open the new tab for Google Translate). Land Strikers though, I'm thinking an IFV type one, like the Russian BMP.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 18 May 2012 - 7:19

... now you've got me wondering what a Striker unit based on the Yamato-class battleship might be like.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Fri 18 May 2012 - 7:50

From the Front, It looks dubiously like a Modern Fighter.

Spoiler:

And then its backside shows its true form. The Heinkel He P.1079A Nightfighter.

I want Strikers for these!

Yone 88 brings us his Mecha Musume of Subs and Battleships. After bringing us epic Wingpack equipped girls.

Spoiler:

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 18 May 2012 - 9:40

@Nachtsider wrote:... now you've got me wondering what a Striker unit based on the Yamato-class battleship might be like.
A big ass mofo with huge ass cannons. Makes me think of the Bismark. Might be an intersting idea to explore one day; the tale of a Karslander Navy Witch who was sunk during WWII. Okay, that doesn't sound very exiting does it?
... Now I'm wondering what an aircraft carrier Striker would be like. Better yet, how would it work?

-ACHTUNG- wrote:

From the Front, It looks dubiously like a Modern Fighter.

Spoiler:

And then its backside shows its true form. The Heinkel He P.1079A Nightfighter.

I want Strikers for these!

Yone 88 brings us his Mecha Musume of Subs and Battleships. After bringing us epic Wingpack equipped girls.

Spoiler:

Hmm, dunno about the effectiveness of a bow.
What else Witch related has this bloke drawn?

A trend I've noticed is that Fuso Witches seem to be all the rage. I want to see some more karlslanders and Orussians, they're the cool fellas (or rather shiellas in this case)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Fri 18 May 2012 - 10:44

Focke-Wulf Ta 183. Supersonic Twin Ram Jet powered Fighter, prolly one of my favorite experimental design.

To be perfectly Honest. While Yonezuke's Wingpack concept is something I absolutely adore, His concept of ships and subs dont work too well.

Now this set:
Spoiler:
The Yamato and the Yukikaze (Destroyer)

Some Destroyers whom I do not recognize

First Battle of Guadalcanal

Miss Yammy in a sticky situation

Now for some None Naval Girlarms pics:
Spoiler:
Panzer VI striker Idea? Well they got it all covered, tho it is a fair bit lighter than Charlotte's

Some light and Heavy vehicle action going on here.

This one's for you Destroyer:

This one just looks awesome. She looks like an aristocrat, and who would blame her? She's got a gun fit for a kingdom, or to destroy one.

Now weave covered the land, sea and air... what about space? Coz here's some... Oh and some of them have been mentioned as a "want to see as a striker unit" before. Alas, theyre not strikers but they come close.
Spoiler:
Can you Imagine her doing the screams of the Tie fighters in the movies? Dear lord!

Well if theres TIE fighters... Then there can also be the X-Wing's. People can die happy now.

Yes, she's not elegant, shes not graceful. But by lord, can she bring the house down... and the entire planet along with it.

Now lets go back to the Ocean. And let us take a look at Ogitsune's take on Battleships. This is the same person who did the 1991 and 1940 Strike Witches Doujin that Piero is happily keeping us in touch with.
Spoiler:
Ahh... Miss Nevada, such a stout and robust looking boat. With your 10x14" guns you pack quite a wallop

Miss Nagato, you may not be a Data Interface but your 8x14" guns can still sing a tune that would reprogram anyone's ears... and make em bleed

Miss Fuso, Nevermind that your name speaks of Japan in the SW universe. Your 12x14" guns will make any Neuroi cry under their thunderous song.

And Miss Bismarck, Not only do you have an inch larger guns than the rest of the group, but your also the most athletic in your speed. Truly a champion.

RANDOM:
Spoiler:
This Do 335 just looks angelic... Literally, I mean look at that streamlined MG-15

Now Someone has done the FFR-41MR from Yukikaze(The anime this time) which looks good

Still prefer Yonezuke's tho... sorry whoever you are who made that

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 18 May 2012 - 11:05

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
Focke-Wulf Ta 183. Supersonic Twin Ram Jet powered Fighter, prolly one of my favorite experimental design.

To be perfectly Honest. While Yonezuke's Wingpack concept is something I absolutely adore, His concept of ships and subs dont work too well.

Now this set:
Spoiler:
The Yamato and the Yukikaze (Destroyer)

Some Destroyers whom I do not recognize

First Battle of Guadalcanal

Miss Yammy in a sticky situation
Meh, these renditions of naval Witches are alright-ish. Not to sure if I agree that they would look that way though.
-ACHTUNG- wrote:Now for some None Naval Girlarms pics:
Spoiler:
Panzer VI striker Idea? Well they got it all covered, tho it is a fair bit lighter than Charlotte's

Some light and Heavy vehicle action going on here.

This one's for you Destroyer:

This one just looks awesome. She looks like an aristocrat, and who would blame her? She's got a gun fit for a kingdom, or to destroy one.
now them's was cool. I loves me them Land Strikers Very Happy THough 600mm cannon looked a little small, the radius of the barrel alone should be bigger than her head. The rail gun was badass, she's dressed to say "I know i can flatten cities, but I'll still go out of my way to shoot the little man"

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Now weave covered the land, sea and air... what about space? Coz here's some... Oh and some of them have been mentioned as a "want to see as a striker unit" before. Alas, theyre not strikers but they come close.
Spoiler:
Can you Imagine her doing the screams of the Tie fighters in the movies? Dear lord!

Well if theres TIE fighters... Then there can also be the X-Wing's. People can die happy now.

Yes, she's not elegant, shes not graceful. But by lord, can she bring the house down... and the entire planet along with it.
I have nothing polite to say about these. Ain't no way in hell and X-wing would be that... that... frilly!

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Now lets go back to the Ocean. And let us take a look at Ogitsune's take on Battleships. This is the same person who did the 1991 and 1940 Strike Witches Doujin that Piero is happily keeping us in touch with.
Spoiler:
Ahh... Miss Nevada, such a stout and robust looking boat. With your 10x14" guns you pack quite a wallop

Miss Nagato, you may not be a Data Interface but your 8x14" guns can still sing a tune that would reprogram anyone's ears... and make em bleed

Miss Fuso, Nevermind that your name speaks of Japan in the SW universe. Your 12x14" guns will make any Neuroi cry under their thunderous song.

And Miss Bismarck, Not only do you have an inch larger guns than the rest of the group, but your also the most athletic in your speed. Truly a champion.
Yays! Bismark! She just says "don't fuck with me or I'll fuck you up!"

-ACHTUNG- wrote:RANDOM:
Spoiler:
This Do 335 just looks angelic... Literally, I mean look at that streamlined MG-15

Now Someone has done the FFR-41MR from Yukikaze(The anime this time) which looks good

Still prefer Yonezuke's tho... sorry whoever you are who made that
Those were... odd.

Some cool finds there, man .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 18 May 2012 - 11:11

Colour me... underwhelmed by the X-Wing girl. Why does she have the nosecone sitting horizontally across her back?

The naval witches... not sure what to think of them. I liked the Guadalcanal and Operation Ten-Go pics, however.

Death Star girl made me LOL. Talk about junk in the trunk. And I really like the Dornier 335 girl - she's so graceful, I wish I had her figure.

Ulp, I mean, she's so graceful, period.

>>

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Fri 18 May 2012 - 11:16

Their gun arent that much bigger than them coz theyre a LOT bigger than your average "Little" girl...

And as for miss X-Wing's nosecone not in its proper position. Why would she need it to be. She'd put it on when she needs to. Its like the Concorde's Nose down position, simply not needed to be on a "Nose Up" supersonic mode.

SOME MORE:
Spoiler:

Theyre not really anywhere near Witch-like... but Them bows with them arrows look good for the Akagi and Kaga sisters.

YES... Finally found Ogitsune's U-Boat

Ide like to have, what he's having plz!

Yonezuke has done it again... I need not name this one

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 18 May 2012 - 23:44

@Nachtsider wrote:... And I really like the Dornier 335 girl - she's so graceful, I wish I had her figure.

Ulp, I mean, she's so graceful, period.

>>
Is there something you're not tellin us Natch?

-ACHTUNG- wrote:Their gun arent that much bigger than them coz theyre a LOT bigger than your average "Little" girl...

This picture raises more questions than it answers

-ACHTUNG- wrote:SOME MORE:
Spoiler:

Theyre not really anywhere near Witch-like... but Them bows with them arrows look good for the Akagi and Kaga sisters.

YES... Finally found Ogitsune's U-Boat

Ide like to have, what he's having plz!

Yonezuke has done it again... I need not name this one
I like all the floating debris around the U-Boat, I reckon that looks cool. The 88mm looks pretty wicked too, though it almost looks like she's clutching anto that torpedo for dear life Razz.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 21 May 2012 - 5:58

The Akagi and Kaga sisters using plane-shaped arrows is pretty ingenious. It highlights the fact that the planes are the aircraft carriers' means of striking. Also, making them archers hearkens back to the fact that they're named after ancient Japanese provinces. The whole samurai heritage thing and all that. Gotta hand it to the guy who came up with the idea. Although considering the size of the ships, he should've made them more well-built. Like those buff women in the Girls with Guns thread.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Is there something you're not tellin us Natch?
It's my inner lesbian. She rears her head from time to time.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:This picture raises more questions than it answers
I know, right? As in, why are there characters from Animal Crossing in Wehrmacht outfits? Won't deny it's adorable, though - I always entertained the idea of making a serious, dark, gory WWII story with cutesy animal characters instead of people.

Now I feel like watching some Cat Shit One.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 21 May 2012 - 6:42

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Is there something you're not tellin us Natch?
It's my inner lesbian. She rears her head from time to time.
That raises more questions Puzzled !

Natchsider wrote:Now I feel like watching some Cat Shit One.
I gotta ask, what the hell is Cat Shit One? It sounds like SG1, but with cats, but I get the feeling it's not. Sounds kinda bitchen .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 21 May 2012 - 6:55

Knock yourself out.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 21 May 2012 - 8:17

That was cool with a capital K . Know where I can dowload it? (might take me a while to get around to downloading it, I'm runnin' low on megabites. It's frustrating as hell . And also the reason I probably won't go AMV hunting till the end of the week. Also frustrating 'cause I'm two weeks behind in Upotte!! and the new Pennywise album)

Try as I might not to, I stil managed to derail this thread. Oopsie-daisy .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Wed 23 May 2012 - 7:33

Got me to thinking now... what a Striker Unit based of on the Bhlom & Voss BV P.194 would look like.

Its gonna have a Jet engine on one leg and a radial prop on the other...

Now... Some J7W Shinden copies get mauled over by a one off plane with a V-16 Engine fed by 2 stage Superchargers And a Very mean engine note. And a very remorseless pilot.

Last edited by -ACHTUNG- on Wed 23 May 2012 - 8:38; edited 2 times in total

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 23 May 2012 - 7:46

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
That was awso... wait a minute, that's a TV show? Wicked .

S'pose I should probably sugest somethign for a Striker while I'm here... How 'bout some Halo themed Strikers? I could dig a Scorpion Tank Striker.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 23 May 2012 - 8:40

Sky crawlers was a movie set in a world where wars are a corporate business/TV game show,the pilots are all genetically engineered immortal teenage clones,a bit like cylons they die and come back but they don't remember dying or what happened in a previous life but they retain their combat skills and experience

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH on Thu 24 May 2012 - 0:51

@Awinnell wrote:Sky crawlers was a movie set in a world where wars are a corporate business/TV game show,the pilots are all genetically engineered immortal teenage clones,a bit like cylons they die and come back but they don't remember dying or what happened in a previous life but they retain their combat skills and experience

Yes... And the SWA can learn a thing or two with that process

ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 24 May 2012 - 3:19

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
@Awinnell wrote:Sky crawlers was a movie set in a world where wars are a corporate business/TV game show,the pilots are all genetically engineered immortal teenage clones,a bit like cylons they die and come back but they don't remember dying or what happened in a previous life but they retain their combat skills and experience

Yes... And the SWA can learn a thing or two with that process

Hmm , could bring back Elsa and give her to a Handler that ain't such a douche. That'd be nice. And assuming money is no object, the training could be rediculously rigorous, as in life threatenningly dangerous, and some pretty badass soldiers could be produced.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Thu 24 May 2012 - 6:36

could have sworn i put all that in spoilers !

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 24 May 2012 - 6:53

@Awinnell wrote:could have sworn i put all that in spoilers !
Don't swear, it's bad for your karma levels and you health and other generic bullshit as to why you shouldn't swear .
Well, if you decide to change it, I'll change the quote too. Though I can't speak for Ach.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 24 May 2012 - 7:16

Unnecessary spoilers are unnecessary.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 24 May 2012 - 7:20

@Nachtsider wrote:Unnecessary spoilers are unnecessary.
I'm sure you've said that somewhere before...

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum