The Firing Range (Rome RPG Thread One)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Firing Range (Rome RPG Thread One)

Post by Piero on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 0:10

Early morning found two figures standing in the SWA's otherwise empty outdoor firing range, a gangly looking thirteen year old girl and a tall man of about thirty. The two of them stood near a table stocked with supplies, upon which the disassembled form of a SIG Sauer P228 rested.

Piero watched as Diana took the parts of the pistol and assembled them, then loaded a fifteen round Mec Gar magazine and cycled the slide. When she was done, she looked up at him questioningly, and he nodded his approval.

"Remember to keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire," he reminded her. It was one of the number one rules of firearms handling, and one he was very strict about. Diana nodded her head and walked over to the firing line in front of the targets, where she took up a shooting stance. Piero followed her and checked her posture to make sure it was correct, with her weight forward, her elbows locked, and her arms forming an isosceles triangle.

"Remember to hold the gun firmly. It will recoil," he said as he stepped back. At Diana's aknowledgement, he gave the final order.

"Fire."

The sound of gunshots rang out in the morning air as Diana fired a weapon for the first time.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:30; edited 5 times in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Firing Range (Rome RPG Thread One)

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 1:06

Rico and Jena entered the range both carrying various cases adn loose weapons. Jean took little notice of the other pair at the range and Rico sent a curious look in their direction, but was quickly absorbed with a sseries of orders.

"Assemble the HK-33. You've memorized the schematics, right?" Jean said.

"Yes." The girl replied happily as she opened the appropriate case and atarted pulling out various pieces. She liked assembling weapons together even more then firing them. The little blonde had never had much of a chance to play
with legos, bit she loved to put htings together with her hands and in Rico's hands the guns were the best of building blocks. She worked swiftly, enjoying the texture of the elements and the way they all fitted perfectly together nad slid into place.

While the blonde was busy with the weapon Jean considered the matter of the newcommers. He never thought too highly of fresh recruits to the SWA before they proved themselves in combat, but this one was from the carabinieri. Jean considered what ability the handler and cyborg may have, and what use he may make of them in the future.

"I'm done, Sir." Rico reported.

Absentmindedly, Jean pressed down on his stopwatch, and checked the time. "Do it again, I want you to improve your time by 30 seconds." He said, and went back to scrutinizing the new fratello.

[A/N: At this time of day (1:00am) and in a half delusional state this is the best I can do. The characters are free for the taking. I won't be able to write enough to actually keep the story going if I was the only one to use them.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 14:33

The slide on Diana's P228 locked back as the last round was fired.

"Reload," Piero ordered, and Diana released her spent magazine and loaded a new one as fast as she could manage, which was still rather slow by Piero's standard, but then, she was rather new to this sort of thing.
Pulling back the slide with her fingers, the young cyborg let it go and raised her weapon to firing position again. It was theoretically slower method then using the slide release, but it was also more reliable under the stress of combat.

"Fire."

Diana emptied the remaining pair of magazines she'd she'd brought with her with results that could best be described as 'begginer level,' then stopped.

"Release your magazine and check that your chamber is clear."

Diana did so, and Piero smiled at her.

"Good. Go restock those magazines. We'll go over your results when you're done."

Diana nodded and walked back to the supply table, while Piero walked over to where Jean was standing and greeted him in a fashion that -while not unfriendly- was rather reserved and business like.

"Good morning."

Last edited by on Sun 17 Feb 2008 - 1:50; edited 3 times in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Jan 2008 - 23:10

Jean acknowladged his co-worker only a nod as he watched Rico finish a 10
round burst. He took a second to scrutinize the marks on the target,
looking for error.

"Good. Keep firing untill you can get this result consistently." He said and turned to the new Fratello.

"Her manual skills seem to have devlopped well. Are you satisfied with the cyborg?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 23 Jan 2008 - 23:16

Piero nodded.

"Thus far, yes. It's a bit too early to make any real judgements on how
she'll perform in the field though. I'm just teaching her the basics
right now."

The ex-GIS operator extended his hand to the SWA's ranking handler.

"By the way, you're Jean aren't you? My name is Piero. We were supposed to meet last week, but circumstances prevented it."

As her handler spoke with Jean, Diana got to work reloading the SIG's
empty magazines, but managed to spare some attention for Rico as she
did so. She was rather impressed by the speed with which the other girl
assembled the HK33 -she doubted she could have done it so fast.

Last edited by on Sun 17 Feb 2008 - 1:51; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:01

IC:
"You're correct on both counts." Jean replied. "You can learn best through participating in our missions so we will use your fratello in a support role in the near future, make sure she has the basics down by then." He paused for a second and looked over at the cyborg. "What name did you choose?" he asked.

Meanwhile Rico, after firing several magazines reached a consistency that she thought would keep Jean from scolding her and went to a nearby table to clean her weapon. As she sat dow and started diasembling the various components, wiping them clean, and putting them back into the case they came from, she noticed the other girl who had come back from the slot and started reloading a magazine. Rico neither actively pursued not avoided friendships. She simply got along with people, and although she felt neutral about getting to know new people, a newcommer was always something novel and interesting, so she looked suriously at the other girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 24 Jan 2008 - 12:26

"Diana," Piero answered, then glanced over at the target Rico had been shooting at and the impressively small groups she had managed.

"I have to say, I'm still having a little bit of trouble wrapping my head around how strong these girls are. I'm a pretty big guy, and I don't think I could have shot groups like that without reduced power ammunition or a really good muzzle brake."

Meanwhile, Diana had finished reloading two of the magazines she had expended and was beginning to start on the third. Noticing that Rico was studying her, she smiled a little.

"Hi," she greeted the other girl.

Last edited by on Sun 17 Feb 2008 - 1:52; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 0:02

"Diana?" Jean said (his tone of voice could be annoyance, dissapointment, or just your immagination). "If we have met sooner I'd advise you to choose a boy's name; it would make your job easier. But, no matter. In the end the handler has full discretion over his cyborg." He summarised his thoughts briefly, then looked over at the target, and noticing no major error said: "The cyborgs are excellent weapons and well adopted to our line of work. They also have their limitations. Rico still has problems with some weapons on full-auto. I had her try out the Boewulf, but she wasn't able to achieve a satisfying result even though we practiced all day... Get to know your cyborg well - her strenghts and weaknesses - she is your tool of the trade." He paused here as if thinking to himself.

Meanwhile: "Uh, Hello!" Rico replied with a smile.

OOC: Ok, Jean is starting to sound like some spaced out guru now. But, feh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 0:27

Diana placed another hollowpoint into the magazine she was loading. Apparently the other girl wasn't going to be saying much, so she took the initiative.

"My name is Diana. Who are you?" she asked, still smiling in a friendly manner. Meanwhile, Piero was somewhat taken aback by Jean's view on his choice of name for Diana.

Well, I thought it was a nice name... he thought to himself. Nevertheless, he nodded to Jean's instructions.

"I'll do that."

He glanced over at the cyborgs.

"How soon do you need her to be ready for? There are some shortcuts I may be able to use in her training, but I'd prefer not to if I can avoid it. It's best to learn things right the first time, then you don't need to spend time breaking bad habits later on."

OOC: If you're looking for something for Rico to make note of in the next few posts (maybe not this one, but next few), it's possible that the Manurhin that Diana and Piero brought with them might pique her curiousity. I haven't seen the agency use many revolvers.

Last edited by on Sun 17 Feb 2008 - 1:56; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 16:49

"The methods are up to you." Jean responded curtly. "We have a minor assignment comming up in one or two weeks, I think I'll put your fratello in as backup. The sooner you and the cyborg get field-experience within the agency the better." Having decided on the new teams first assignment, he turned to leave the range. At the door he paused:

"Rico, put the weapons back in order. You're free after that. Oh, and Piero if you need any armaments or equipment just tell me, the agency will procure those for you."

"I'm Rico. Glad to meet you Diana." The girl replied while getting all the weapons in order. "Say...How long have you been here." She added after a moments thought. "I've never seen you around the building."

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 17:17

"Right. Thanks."

Guys a bit of a hardass, Piero thought to himself briefly as he watched Jean leave. The majority of his thoughts however were concentrated on Diana's training. Getting her into combat shape in two weeks would be a tall order, and he didn't have any time to waste.

I'll probably skip the Manurhin for now. It would take too long to get her used to the muzzle blast. I should also ask for more details about that mission when I get the chance. That'll let me know what areas it'll be most important to concentrate on...

Glancing over at Diana, he felt a touch of sympathy for his young charge. She was going to be in for some long hours in the next couple of weeks.

"I just moved in yesterday," Diana answered Rico. "They had me somewhere else before that."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 27 Jan 2008 - 20:38

"Oh." Rico replied. After a moment of silence in which she finished her preparations to leave, she added: "Where were you before? Was it in Itally?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 29 Jan 2008 - 0:56

"I was at the hospital near here," Diana replied.

OOC: I know it's short and doesn't answer too much about Diana's history, but it seemed liked the logical way to answer. She means the medical part of the SWA compound, by the way, although Rico might or might not figure that out.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jan 2008 - 1:05

"Really?" The blond replied. "I spent a lot of time at a hospital too..." Rico continued thoughtfully, and after a pause, her eyes livening up, she added with a big smile: "It's great at the SWA, isn't it!"

OOC: Damn... I've got to start sleeping. Sleep be goooood. Cheers. :sleep:

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 29 Jan 2008 - 1:14

Given her experiences thus far, Diana wasn't quite so sure she thought the SWA was 'great,' but Rico seemed so happy that she couldn't bring herself to tell the other girl that.

"Yeah," she lied, forcing herself to smile as she did so.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 9:15

(A debut... :p)

It's the first day she entered the firing range. The smell of gunpowder, the loud crack of automatic weapons, and the sounds of bullet piercing steel target boards were unfamiliar to her--yet so music to her ears. Around her, she notice other girls with varying age and a variety of guns--all kicking.
Standing close to her was her handler, Klaus Falman. His eyes were sharp and ready as he gaze at the field of fire.

"Ready your weapon, Anna."

"Eye, sir."

She never knew when she was born, how she was raised, and why she ended up in the SWA. All she know is how to kill...

"Take aim before you fire. Count your shots--the MP5 SMG holds 30-15 rounds depending on the clip you choose. Make sure the butt of the weapon is on your shoulder."

"Eye sir."

"Ready?"

"Yes sir."

"Fire at will."

The weapon spat. Empty cases of 9mm rounds clinks around her as her finger continuously fixed on the trigger. Her footing's sturdy, and her stance was just right...

The firing stops, and up come the result...

"Is that the best you can do girl? I expect better..."

"I'm sorry sir."

"...next time I don't want to hear any 'click-clicks'. Count your shots, and reload as fast as you can. I'll be timing them..."

"Eye sir." she switches the magazine, hitting the cocking handle into position

"...and please, be gentle with the MP5..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum