Las Pistoleras

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Las Pistoleras

Post by MP5 on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 12:53

Having purchased and replayed Mercenaries 2: World in Flames in addition to some errant chat in the chatbox has led me to think about a new path for the handlers and cyborgs in Section 2 (particularly in TTSC canon):

The master plan for the Social Welfare Agency was always for it to be closed down 'quietly' or for it to die with Padania. It was certainly thought that this would be the case with the massive battle at the New Turin Nuclear Power Plant, with so many handlers and cyborgs and numerous SRT operatives losing their lives to the machinations of Dante's followers. Had it not been for the diversionary (and sacrificial) actions of a group of 'defective' women warriors known as 'The Zeroes', this certainly might have been the case. Thanks to their actions, the enemy's fighting force was tied up with over sixty men trying to slay six young women before The Zeroes' lives were finally claimed by enemy fire.

With the success at Turin sidetracking the original plan to sweep the Social Welfare Agency under the rug, a new crisis situation in South America has provided a new opportunity: elements of the Mexican military have joined with a civilian ultranationalist faction and created chaos in the country with a coup attempt that has blown up into full-scale civil war, with one side composed of hardline ultranationalists eager to remove foreign influence from Mexico by violent means and kill those they deem to be "traitors," "prostitutes to foreigners," and "collaborators." The other side is composed of loyalists to the previous moderate (if corrupt) government, composed of various military units, some elite, others proletarian, but universally outnumbered at least 2:1 by the Ultranationalists.

With the Ultranationalists on the march and looking to mallet every single foreign consulate or embassy they come across, the majority of Section 2's fighting force (with a few and certain exceptions; more on that later) is deployed to Mexico to assess the situation and take action as deemed necessary. The deployment is a ruse, however, as instead of being sent to directly to the Italian Embassy, the SWA contingent is 'temporarily lodged' in a hotel and asked to turn in any forms of identification. The next day, after Director Lorenzo calls the Italian Embassy and is surprised to be tersely informed that he is never to contact the Embassy again, unknown agents simultaneously storm each fratello's room with electronic devices designed to incapacitate the cyborgs and detain each handler and cyborg they find. In cuffs and bags over their heads, the entire Section 2 contingent is taken by vehicle to an undisclosed location where they are promptly dropped off and abandoned, miles away from the fighting--and at least several miles away from the nearest civilization. They have been cut loose from the government, no support, and no resources except their wits, what little money they have in their wallets, and the clothes on their backs. After trudging to the nearest town, with adults and cyborgs getting separated due to the disorienting effects of a sandstorm, and a few days of extremely hard and desperate living before finally being reunited and obtaining a little bit of money to eat and have a place to stay, Triela places a pleading call to Alpha Lautani, and after helping the exiled Section 2 members get back on their feet, it just so happens he has a little job for them...

Realizing that getting a 'civilian' job is difficult in a warring country and that possessing a military combat skillset is a commodity sought in times of war, the exiled members of Section 2 begin new lives as freelance mercenaries in war-torn Mexico. After all, where there's man, there is violence...where there's violence, is war... and where there's war... there is opportunity.

Officially, they have reorganized under the name Privateer Group Incorporated.

But if you have a problem...

if no one else can help...

and if you can find them...

maybe you can hire...

...Las Pistoleras.

Last edited by MP5 on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 22:47; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Pistoleras

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 13:34

having seen some of those conversations I can't wait for your story to be fleshed out. cheers
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 17:46

Excellent MP5, I like it! All alone, cut off from others, action! Want MOAR!
head bang study
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 11:06

So, I have some basics about this story fleshed out, and I managed to write a bit of a prologue... comments and crits, please.

Las Pistoleras: A Gunslinger Girl Fanfiction
A 'Tire Tracks and Spent Casings' Alternate Universe story

Prologue: How things change

Streaks of sunlight slipped through the shield of the vertical blinds covering the east-facing window of the second-floor room. As the sun began to rise, the rays of sun began to extend towards the king-sized bed in the middle of the room, where Triela Hartmann slept on the western half. As a sliver of sunlight danced across her eyelids, she turned to her side to face away from the incoming sun, but at that moment, her bedside alarm began to sound, softly at first, and then increasing in volume with the passing seconds. Reaching out an arm to silence it, she sighed and lifted heself from her pillow and mattress to a sitting position, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She glanced down to her left and found the space where Alpha slept next to her was already empty. Without a doubt, he was already out on a mission of his own, doing what he could to support their recently-established outfit, and as of lately, attempting to find a permanent means of combating the effects of conditioning withdrawal that all of the cyborgs residing in the villa were beginning to show signs of. Turning back to her bedside table, she took her own countermeasure against the conditioning headaches that had begun to attack her with increasing frequency and intensity. With no conditioning drugs available from the Social Welfare Agency (which no longer existed), the best that she could manage at the moment was to begin each day with two capsules of Tylenol and a full glass of water, which she did as soon as she laid eyes on the two objects next to her alarm clock. As she washed down the pills with a glass of water, Triela made a mental note on how clean, refreshing, and tasteful the water was, given that it had come from the tap; mere months ago, drinking tap water in Mexico would have been a massive health hazard, even for cyborgs like her.

Shrugging off the covers, she dismounted the bed still clad in her usual sleepwear, which consisted of little more than a baggy shirt Alpha had given her to wear after her first reunion with him in Cabo San Lucas, and a pair of thigh-length shorts that was quite well hidden by her sleeping shirt. After some brief stretching, Triela made for the attached bathroom, gathering her towel and bathrobe before entering and then stepping into the shower for 15 minutes. She exited clad in the white bathrobe and slippers, with her hair currently wrapped in the towel to dry as she brushed her teeth. Grabbing the TV remote, she aimed at the 52" HDTV mounted on the wall across from the bed and turned on CNN. As was par for the course these days, the news was reporting on the current situation in Mexico. Miles away from their Villa in La Paz, heavy fighting was the story of the day in places like Guadalajara, Monterrey, and even cities close to the U.S. Border, like Nogales and Ciudad Juarez. Mexico City itself was already a constant hot zone, with daily street-by-street gun battles between the loyalist forces of the ousted government and the Ultranationalist Army of the current regime forcing all foreign embassies to evacuate or relocate to established safe zones or secondary positions heavily guarded by PMCs in areas well away from Mexico City. Any foreign missions to Mexico that remained usually had a significant number of expatriates working in-country, either in import/export, or offshore oil drilling in the Gulf, and thus had to provide a last-ditch safe haven for their citizens while abroad.

After Triela finished brushing, she started changing into her underwear before putting on her 'work' clothes, first donning a pair of 5.11 jean-cut tactical pants and duty belt, then a dark blue polo shirt, followed by her socks and a pair of 6" A.T.A.C women's tactical boots. with her hair more or less damp-dry, she pulled the towel off and pulled her hair back into a no-fuss ponytail and checked her appearance in a nearby mirror to ensure everything was in order and that she looked relatively professional. Turning to the bed, she quickly went about putting the covers and pillows back in place so that she could sort out her gear. She laid down her Rhodesian Recon Vest on the bedspread in addition to her drop leg thigh holster for her sidearm. Her 'duty' weapons were also present for inspection, as she laid her folding-stock AKMS and Glock 17 on the bed with magazines out and actions open to ensure they were not loaded. Counting out the 12 loaded AK magazines and 4 Glock magazines in the pouches of her RRV, she noted that if they didn't get used today that it would probably be a good idea to either use them up at the range when she checked back in or strip the cartridges from the magazines manually to ease the spring tension on the follower inside them. She also pulled out the ceramic ballistic plate mounted just behind the front of the RRV and inspected it for wear and tear and anything else that would require it to be replaced immediately.

Satisfied that her guns and gear were up to her standard of acceptance, Triela donned her RRV and secured the holster to her right thigh and anchored it to her duty belt for extra security. Her Glock was then seated inside the holster sans magazine, the first of which would be held in one of her pants pockets for the time being,as would the first magazine for her AKMS, the weapon itself being secured to her body by way of a three-point tactical sling attached to the assault rifle. A dump pouch and utility pouch containing a first-aid kit were also fastened to the remaining space on her RRV, and as she did so, Triela marveled at how, in a few short and crazy months, she had gone from wearing old Russian/Chinese/Legacy American surplus load-bearing equipment to suiting up in the latest, most efficient and adaptable battle gear money could buy.

Triela strode over to the covered window and pulled aside the blinds, letting the sun's rays stream into the room as it rose over the Bay of La Paz, glistening in the reflection of its blue waters and giving natural light to La Paz city proper on the other side of the bay. A glorious scene, interrupted only by the now-visible columns of smoke many more miles away marking the site of some far-off battle. As Triela looked into the distance, she thought back to the past several months--a blend of hardship, drama, emotion, and adventure-- and how those months brought them to their present situation.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 23:12

Excellent start on both, but the prologue needs work as we discussed in the chatroom.

I dont think it will last as long as it was discussed in the chat room the night before.

Lets see how it goes.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 3:18

Great work, MP5 look forward to reading what happens next. head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 13:46

As I have told you in the chatbox, I like your idea here very much! As a prologue though it just doesn't feel like it is setting the tone well. I assume you intend the actual story to be a reflection from here? You used some good description early on; perhaps a little more time describing the hardships of the previous months would help. Maybe Triela checks a wound that couldn't be repaired properly in their new situation, or something like "Triela shivered as she recalled the sensation of having every inch of her covered in grim and filth. Her body still remembered the agony of the fearful, sleepless nights."

Jet: "Betrayal may come easily to women, but men live by iron codes of honor."
Faye: "You really believe that?"
Jet: "I'm trying to. Real hard."
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 20:38

@ElfenMagix wrote:I dont think it will last as long as it was discussed in the chat room the night before.

By that, most revolutions last less than a year and you stated it would last 5. I dont think it will last that long.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pax on Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 2:13

glorious. Really eager to read this story as you work on it.

Pax

Male

Forum Posts : 137

Fan of : Rico, Triela

Original Characters : none

Comments : Sanity is like pants. You aren't born with them, and only have them because society has trained you to feel uncomfortable without them, and your at your happiest without them.

Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum