Yeah they should make electronic eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yeah they should make electronic eyes

Post by sage44 on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 20:55

Not just think about it for a second. The guys have made artificial limbs, I think it might be possible. Maybe like on top of the eye there is a artificial eye that is electronically glue on to the eye. Come on, it seems a little possible... ok maybe a bit over the top but what do you think. Would it be possible for the girls to have electronic eyes. It could make them live a bit longer if one guy as strong as Pino comes along .... with a gun .... and is as good as shooting at eyes as Pino was with his knife. So do you think it could happen?
sage44

Female

Forum Posts : 72

Fan of : AxisPower Hetalia,GunSlinger Girl * duh *,Ouran High School Host Club

Original Characters : Michel " Minx ",Fillala,Brent Cose,Cirus and more

Comments : My favorite charrie from GSG is Claues,she a smart-aleck and so cool.

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah they should make electronic eyes

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 21:20

sage44 wrote:Would it be possible for the girls to have electronic eyes.
I think they already do. In Season Two, Episode One Henrietta "zooms in" on the Padania target they are chasing (on Priscilla's Vespa PX), identifying a gun in the passenger window.

In the Manga, Lorenzo & Jean inspect Elsa's body (Chapter 4) and in the post-investigation interview with Pietro Fermi Jean states "the next step will be to improve the eye sockets". To me that implies that they are already artificial.

Most of us writing OC fiction have kept the eyes vulnerable to injury...characters need weaknesses or they become boring after all. We'll be interested to see what direction you take this in your own stories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 21:56

Professor Voodoo wrote:Most of us writing OC fiction have kept the eyes vulnerable to injury...characters need weaknesses or they become boring after all. We'll be interested to see what direction you take this in your own stories.
Cyborgs can be taken down in more ways than that. With enough firepower, a cyborg can be taken down. The Manga has Dante and his crew taking down the girls. I had Francesca taken down (but not out) with a 10 gauge slug to her shoulder at close range. The repairs done on her for that were extensive!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 22:21

ElfenMagix wrote:Cyborgs can be taken down in more ways than that.
True that... however on the sliding scale of vulnerability the eyes seem to be the most easially damaged.

As to the artificial eye thing: I was under the impression that they were already artificial and augmented...

...At least I hope they are; if not quite a lot of my own fiction has just been rendered invalid. Razz

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 23:01

There's little doubt that they're artificial - it's simply a case that electromechanical eyes are going to be so fragile as to be easily damaged. I believe what Lorenzo and Jean were referring to would be adding armor to the orbits/sockets of the eyes. But you can only armor so much, given the small space you're working in, and the requirement to allow a hole in the back for optic "nerves" to travel through to connect with the brain/cpu

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 3:32

Yeah I agree with Elfen that a weakness in the eyes is not their only Achilles Heel as they encounter a greater threat, that should be resolved.
Perhaps it made more sense story wise early on because at that point the girls existence was only a rumor, advantage> cyborgs. However, as the opposition becomes wise to them they need to bulk up as it were. One of the reasons I came up with my own OC character Ayden, was to make a more powerful weapon in response to the greater threat the SWA continue to face. Instead of mechanical/human components, this child is a fully synthetic, nano tech construction mimicking almost all human functions, with advanced healing properties, resistance to disease (biological attacks) increased tolerance to exposure of radiation and more.
('course she has her own inherent weakness/defects too, but that's a different story)
Anyway, the cyborgs should be made more powerful in order to deal with the enemy.
(funding for all this, is an even bigger problem than Padania, The Five Republics and Who Knows what other enemy combatant)
What with all the economic head aches Italy faces now a days....

Last edited by tremec6speed on Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 0:04; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 9:11

Well it would help if they weren't such a big target in the first place.

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by razschi on Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 9:19

We could just ask Aida to draw them more -_- rather than O_O . See what I did there?
razschi

Male

Fan of : Henrietta and Angelica

Original Characters : Claudia

Comments : We need more ammo!

Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 2:37

Agreed, it's settled then. The eyes have it!
Of course it could be worse....

just whistlin'
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 3:01

The consensus is pretty much universal that cyborgs have artificial eyes...now what about the capabilities of those eyes?

In my stories I've given the girls the ability to see details at great distances and detect a broader spectrum of light than ordinary human eyes...into the infrared band, which allows them to detect body heat or a hot firearm muzzle.

What about the other end of the spectrum? Eh...no. If the girls could see ultraviolet they'd be too grossed out to ever stay in a hotel room.

Although I haven't featured it yet I imagine the 'borgs have built in protection against bright flashes (like an electrical arc or flash grenade). As a bonus, they never need sunglasses.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 9:30

Artificial eyes - I give up the manga if our girl have this Fuking artificial eyes

"Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? "
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 422

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 10:20

Professor Voodoo wrote:The consensus is pretty much universal that cyborgs have artificial eyes...now what about the capabilities of those eyes?

In my stories I've given the girls the ability to see details at great distances and detect a broader spectrum of light than ordinary human eyes...into the infrared band, which allows them to detect body heat or a hot firearm muzzle.

What about the other end of the spectrum? Eh...no. If the girls could see ultraviolet they'd be too grossed out to ever stay in a hotel room.

Although I haven't featured it yet I imagine the 'borgs have built in protection against bright flashes (like an electrical arc or flash grenade). As a bonus, they never need sunglasses.
Voodoo, i think this is much too robotic what you're imagining there.
Depending on the fact that Triela's eye bleed as Pino sticked the Key into her eye, that "electronical" eye thing should be out of question.

Guys, i'm often thinking some of you are thinking too much "android"-like about the girls...

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 11:07

schaschanist wrote:Voodoo, i think this is much too robotic what you're imagining there.
Depending on the fact that Triela's eye bleed as Pino sticked the Key into her eye, that "electronical" eye thing should be out of question.
I think there's a middle ground to be found here... I personally think the girls' vision is certainly enhanced. I see no reason the eye couldn't be some sort of electronic/biological composite. Example, leave all the natural architecture at the front, but re-lense the eye and rebuild the sensory system at the back end for greater definition and broader spectrum responses. Fun fact: the human eye is only really capable of picking up the equivalent of about 180dpi: significantly less than what camera sensors can and printers can print.

With a higher definition sensor, as long as you could work out the interface with the brain, it would be possible to "zoom" by enlarging parts of the percieved image or pick up finer details. Double bonus: by leaving the eye's natural architecture at the front it's much easier make the things look realistic and yes: it'll even bleed if you stick a car-key in it.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razschi on Tue 20 Dec 2011 - 10:44

lyndist wrote:

Artificial eyes - I give up the manga if our girl have this Fuking artificial eyes
I second that!
razschi

Male

Fan of : Henrietta and Angelica

Original Characters : Claudia

Comments : We need more ammo!

Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sage44 on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:22

Alfisti wrote:
schaschanist wrote:Voodoo, i think this is much too robotic what you're imagining there.
I think there's a middle ground to be found here... I personally think the girls' vision is certainly enhanced. I see no reason the eye couldn't be some sort of electronic/biological composite. Example, leave all the natural architecture at the front, but re-lense the eye and rebuild the sensory system at the back end for greater definition and broader spectrum responses. Fun fact: the human eye is only really capable of picking up the equivalent of about 180dpi: significantly less than what camera sensors can and printers can print.

With a higher definition sensor, as long as you could work out the interface with the brain, it would be possible to "zoom" by enlarging parts of the percieved image or pick up finer details. Double bonus: by leaving the eye's natural architecture at the front it's much easier make the things look realistic and yes: it'll even bleed if you stick a car-key in it.

Do you mean bulletproof contacts?
sage44

Female

Fan of : AxisPower Hetalia,GunSlinger Girl * duh *,Ouran High School Host Club

Original Characters : Michel " Minx ",Fillala,Brent Cose,Cirus and more

Comments : My favorite charrie from GSG is Claues,she a smart-aleck and so cool.

Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:45

How about bulletproof sunnies? That way the girls can kick ass and look cool at the same time.

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 21:46

I wrote Jamie's eyes as being a hard polymer material. When she was shot, some shards were left behind but the socket reinforcement saved her. She had better than normal vision, as well as the better light-gathering capability, but they didn't have zoom or target ID or such.

What we've seen of the girls is that their brains and spines are left largely alone and the prosthetics are worked around that, likely having localized controllers rather than a primary CPU. By leaving the brain alone or unaugmented, it limits the kinds of inputs you can put into it. Hearing can be improved easily enough as it's essentially an electo-mechanical process naturally. The eyes are similar. Improving the acuity and level of response to light would only be amplifying the natural inputs that normally occur (there are people with incredible distance vision and others have equally impressive night-abilities). Adding in split screen and sub-title support would make things more difficult than they really needed to be in their work. Not sayin they wouldn't, just that it would be a "good idea, but not really practical" kind of thing.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 22:34

sage44 wrote:Do you mean bulletproof contacts?
Not really (from a story telling perspective I actually like the idea of the eyes being a weak point)... more in terms of how vision could be enhanced. So replace the eye's natural lense with a much higher performance one and replace the cone and rod array at the back of the eyeball with an artificial sensor to up its definition/spectrum of light which was visible to it and so on.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by funkmachine on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 22:02

im thinking thay have a way to repace eyes, so laser eye surgery is where i place the need enhancement.

funkmachine

Male

Forum Posts : 94

Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 23:19

I really dont see how bullet proof contacts could be possible any polymer used would be to thin to really do anything if eyesight is to remain intact. Well at least to my knowledge
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 23:43

crazyidiot78 wrote:I really dont see how bullet proof contacts could be possible any polymer used would be to thin to really do anything if eyesight is to remain intact. Well at least to my knowledge
Not to mention that it's doubtful it would do much to help anyway... all you'd wind up doing would be pushing the bullet AND the contact through the back of the unfortunate cyborg's skull. All that energy's gotta go somewhere Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down