Dorm Room Make-Over?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dorm Room Make-Over?

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 5:06

Yo guys,

I was wondering if the agency would allow the cyborgs to remodel, and rearragange their dorm rooms.

My thought that lead to the question was that Emilie would want to paint her room black (hey,she's a goth) and i was wondering how would they react.

So my question to you guys, would the agency allow the girls to rearrange and remodelling their rooms? Would they allow them to repaint it to let them feel more comfortable in them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dorm Room Make-Over?

Post by Alfisti on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 7:51

I know a few people have toyed with the idea (a fair bit of it is chronicled here).

Considering the differences between, say Etta & Rico's vs. Claes & Triela's, vs. Elsa's rooms I don't see why not. I imagine it would be one of those "at the discretion of the handler" things. So if the handler says yes, then (within reason) I don't see why not.

I did toy briefly with giving Monty a room (well, more of a storage closet with a bed in it, seeing as she's not around a lot) and thinking of how it would be fitted out. It was however concluded that more likely she wouldn't have a room of her own per-se, instead just bunking in whatever happened to be free when she was on campus... generally in the handler's quarters rather than the cyborg dorm (the handler's quarters being better suited to her working whilst at the SWA).

Jethro does have an assigned room, but it mostly serves as a storage closet for the Blackers.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5716

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 9:07

@schaschanist wrote:
My thought that lead to the question was that Emilie would want to paint her room black (hey,she's a goth) and i was wondering how would they react.
I dare say Ferro would heavily encourage Etienne to talk his girl out of black. First off, it's notoriously hard to paint a room black in the first case (you'd have to lay down a primer coat first, and even then it might take two coats of paint). Of more concern would be re-painting the room once Emilie was gone.

What Emilie might agree to (and the Agency would more likely approve of) would be a Victorian-style wallpaper, artificially aged to look weathered and slightly decrepit. Then hang black lace curtains, or even something like this...

...finish it off with a canopy bed done up in black lace. For an extra Victorian touch, find one with curtains.

On the walls, hang Edward Gorey works...not too large, always in heavy wood frames.

What to do about her penguin though? That's not very gothic.
So my question to you guys, would the agency allow the girls to rearrange and remodelling their rooms? Would they allow them to repaint it to let them feel more comfortable in them?
@Alfisti wrote: I imagine it would be one of those "at the discretion of the handler" things. So if the handler says yes, then (within reason) I don't see why not.
As Alfisti said, I'm sure it's allowed...within reason.

Marisa: (broad, hopeful grin)

Elio: (scowls, raises one eyebrow)

Marisa: Darn!

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 10:53

Something tells me Marisa would be interested in this bunk:

Now, if Allison had her room all to herself (and not have to share it with Petra), I can almost immediately see it turning into a 'Mancave' of sorts with the walls covered in various bits of automotive and racing memorabilia, more shelf space dedicated to scale model cars, a table made out of an engine block with some racing seats converted into home furniture around it, maybe a couch made to resemble the rear fascia of a classic car, and this would be her bed (just not with those sheets, or that color, probably).

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 10:55

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@schaschanist wrote:
I dare say Ferro would heavily encourage Etienne to talk his girl out of black. First off, it's notoriously hard to paint a room black in the first case (you'd have to lay down a primer coat first, and even then it might take two coats of paint). Of more concern would be re-painting the room once Emilie was gone.

What Emilie might agree to (and the Agency would more likely approve of) would be a Victorian-style wallpaper, artificially aged to look weathered and slightly decrepit. Then hang black lace curtains, or even something like this...

...finish it off with a canopy bed done up in black lace. For an extra Victorian touch, find one with curtains.
Wallpaper? Victorian style... not sure.... how about a black wallpaper instead? I'm sure there are plenty of interesting ones existing.
Bed? She has a simple bed, already with a black blanket and a black pillow.
I think she's not as extravagant for a victorian style curtain-bed.
Maybe it's Etienne who forces her to such a bed :-D

On the walls, hang Edward Gorey works...not too large, always in heavy wood frames.

Interesting artwork.

What to do about her penguin though? That's not very gothic.
Tux as a penguin is black enough to be a plushie for a goth. On the other hand, Tux was a present by Etienne, remember. ^^

Well, I think you're stuffing her just too much, she's a simple plain girl, en if she is from a rich family. sweat

Emilie: *trying to stopp everybody bringing and arranging stuff* "I just asked for painting the walls and now everybody is stuffing and remodeling my room."

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 14 Mar 2012 - 12:14

Voodoo, i think you're more associating the "victorian style" with goth than i do. sweat

I guess you're meaning a room styled like this.

Emilie prefers a more simple and plain but dark and gloomy room rather than a "victorian" styled room.

@Professor Voodoo wrote:... Then hang black lace curtains, or even something like this...

I think Emilie REALLY can feel comfortable with this particular one.

For the walls i found this cool wallpaper:

This and a soft, dark red carpet, her black bedwear, the wallpapers and this lace curtains.
Really a comfortable room for a goth like her, all gifted by Etienne or from the swa's "dorm make-over budget". sweat

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 0:47

Nice idea Schaschanist, Emilie having a room like this might prompt some of the girls to want explore the mysterious cyborg's domain when she's not around.
This could lead to some interesting adventures!
Henrietta: Um, are you sure we should be here?
Angelica: Ayden says at the stroke of midnight she confers with the ghosts of the Padania agents she took down!
*the cyborgs gasp*
Marisa: Oh for crying out loud, you don't believe that pip squeek do you?
*'etta and angie look on with an expression that says they not exactly feel brave enough to deny that possibilty!*
*just then the unmistakeable footsteps of someone headed their way are detected and a hasty, frantic scramble to hide takes place right as the Goth Cyborg enters the room.
*having over heard their conversation on the way there, she uses that tk her advantage!*
Emilie: Hmm.... I thought I heard voices. It must have been the souls of those Padania agents I got last night and are still here now!
*girls squeel as they take off all at once from her room! Leaving the dark cyborg smiling*
Speaking of such, I can imagine if several of the handlers approve of these make overs, the girl(s) in question might have to bunk temporarly with some others making for some fun in which those who normally do not associate as much may be forced to do so.
Hmmm.... Wink
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1966

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 1:50

Honestly? The more I think about it the more i like the idea to have Emilie having a curtain bed.

The curtain instead of red with this lace design Voodoo showed, and the bedwear (pillows, blankets etc.) in black.
I really can imagine Emilie laying overhappy in this bed with outstretched arms and legs and smiling more than happy.

About what you wrote, tremec:
I would say the girls enter Emi's "crypt", telling each other scary stories.
Henrietta: *pulling Angelica's sleeve* "Lets leave right now, this is just scary, dark and gloomy and scary. I want to leave!?!"
When they hear Emilie coming to her room, they hide under the bed.
The blanket is long enough, down to the ground, to hide them and the wooden frame is high enough to hide under the bed.
Emilie enters her room, hears a noise from down under the bed, knees down and lifts the blanket. *sees the girls* "I think you shouldn't be there." *points with the finger to the door* "Get out of here, now."
Henrietta, staring angry at Angie: "I just toldyou that would happen!"
Angie: *smiling* "That was fun."

Emilie, sighs after the girls had left. "This was the fifth time now. Why do they always enter my crypt?" *shakes head unbelievingly*

Last edited by schaschanist on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 6:26; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 3:56

@schaschanist wrote:For the walls i found this cool wallpaper:

This and a soft, dark red carpet, her black bedwear, the wallpapers and this lace curtains.
Really a comfortable room for a goth like her, all gifted by Etienne or from the swa's "dorm make-over budget".
Did I ever mention how much I love wallpaper... and that one is very cool.

As to who bought it, the way I see it the SWA probably provides the basics when a cyborg is first activated: bed, chair, cupboard, maybe a table (particularly for shared rooms... didn't the SWA have some other role before it was the SWA which may have provided it some furniture)... after that any extra purchases would need to come out of the handler's pocket, or at least his "discresionary spending" funds.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 10:19

@Alfisti wrote:As to who bought it, the way I see it the SWA probably provides the basics when cyborg is first activated: bed, chair, cupboard, maybe a table (particularly for shared rooms... didn't the SWA have some other role before it was the SWA which may have provided it some furniture)... after that any extra purchases would need to come out of the handler's pocket, or at least his "discresionary spending" funds.
If the handler has to pay for it, i think there is no problem for Etienne. He doesn't need much and doesn't have an extravagant lifestyle so he's saving most of his money in a bank account. But he would spend every littlest Cent of his money for his most precious girl Emilie. sweat

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 11:40

@Alfisti wrote:As to who bought it, the way I see it the SWA probably provides the basics when a cyborg is first activated: bed, chair, cupboard, maybe a table (particularly for shared rooms... didn't the SWA have some other role before it was the SWA which may have provided it some furniture)... after that any extra purchases would need to come out of the handler's pocket, or at least his "discresionary spending" funds.

It appears to have started life as a villa for a noble family and then became a monastery.

That being said, the halls of the cyborg dorm look like a hotel, so there must have been restoration and conversion done.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10884

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 17:21

@schaschanist wrote:If the handler has to pay for it, i think there is no problem for Etienne. He doesn't need much and doesn't have an extravagant lifestyle so he's saving most of his money in a bank account. But he would spend every littlest Cent of his money for his most precious girl Emilie.

On a more serious note: I'll admit I still have trouble with the idea that the SWA (and by that I mean as an organisation, not so much the individuals within it) is willing to fork out money (beyond the handlers' "discretionary spending" allowance) to spend on luxuries and making the girls' lives "nicer". The SWA itself is there to do a job, and the cyborgs are the tools by which it does it. If individuals within the organisation (handlers, staff, etc) wish to spend their own money on the girls, then that's their lookout.

Basically: as long as it's coming out of the handler's (or someother private individual's) pocket, I see no issue.

@Kiskaloo wrote:It appears to have started life as a villa for a noble family and then became a monastery.

That being said, the halls of the cyborg dorm look like a hotel, so there must have been restoration and conversion done.
I dunno: I spent a couple of days living in a Catholic seminary in Krakow, and the fitout wasn't that different from some of the hotels I've stayed at in England or Paris. Rooms were a bit smaller (with bunk beds) obviously and you didn't get your own bathroom of course, but the rest was about the same.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 18:20

@MP5 wrote:Something tells me Marisa would be interested in this bunk:
You're right about that.
Since her room-mate Amelia prefers the top bunk, Mari would be happy to set up her bed inside the shark's mouth.

The Alboreto team is "Alert Fratello" and a late night fax comes in...

Priscilla:
Says here you're needed for an assassination mission in Potenza.

Elio: Alright; I've got the gear to get ready. Will you go over to the girls' dorm and fetch Marisa for me?

Priscilla: Ehh...

Elio: Is there something wrong?

Priscilla: Well, it's just that bed of her's. It really creeps me out...especially in the dark.

Now, if Allison had her room all to herself ...more shelf space dedicated to scale model cars,
I've always imagined her having a big collection of 1/43 scale cars. Small enough that lots of them fit on a shelf yet big enough to display good detail.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 17:49

So the make-over of the room is done, the walls receiveved the black wallpapers with grey patterns, the carpet got replaced with a new, dark red one, the window got thick black curtain.
It also got a larger black wooden wardrobe, a black night desk next to the bed, a black wooden table with 4 black wooden chairs.
And this huge canopy bed.

Emi in the evening of the day lays in her new (admittedly much too large for this small girl (^_^) ) with outstretched arms, stares at the ceiling of the bed above, and smiles.
Very soon she has fallen asleep.

Next morning Etienne entered the room and found his girl in her red sleepdress laying on the (much too large) bed.
"Good morning, Emi."
Emilie smiled. "Good morning, Pére."
Etienne notice her happiness. "And how was the night in your new room?"
Emi stretched out her arms to the left and the right and was feeling the fabric of the black bedwear. "Yes, this room is much more comfortable now, darker and not so bright anymore. And this bed, it's so unbelieveably huge and soft, it's like laying on a cloud. I totally love this canopy bed."
Etienne fondled her head. "I'm so happy that you like it. Have fun with you new room, your personal crypt." he said with a big grin.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 23:46

..."I'm so happy that you like it. Have fun with you new room, your personal crypt." he said with a big grin."
head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 6:11

Monty: Giant shark's head, dorm-room of horrors... get some laughing clowns and you'll be able to sell it as a fairground attraction.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 6:54

@Alfisti wrote:Monty: Giant shark's head, dorm-room of horrors... get some laughing clowns and you'll be able to sell it as a fairground attraction.
Rico: "What, clowns were an option too? How bad Jean wouldn't allow them, shit."

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 18:24

@schaschanist wrote:So the make-over of the room is done, the walls receiveved the black wallpapers with grey patterns, the carpet got replaced with a new, dark red one, the window got thick black curtain.
It also got a larger black wooden wardrobe, a black night desk next to the bed, a black wooden table with 4 black wooden chairs.
And this huge canopy bed.

Emi in the evening of the day lays in her new (admittedly much too large for this small girl (^_^) ) with outstretched arms, stares at the ceiling of the bed above, and smiles.
Very soon she has fallen asleep.

Next morning Etienne entered the room and found his girl in her red sleepdress laying on the (much too large) bed.
"Good morning, Emi."
Emilie smiled. "Good morning, Pére."
Etienne notice her happiness. "And how was the night in your new room?"
Emi stretched out her arms to the left and the right and was feeling the fabric of the black bedwear. "Yes, this room is much more comfortable now, darker and not so bright anymore. And this bed, it's so unbelieveably huge and soft, it's like laying on a cloud. I totally love this canopy bed."
Etienne fondled her head. "I'm so happy that you like it. Have fun with you new room, your personal crypt." he said with a big grin.
Next day Triela entered the room. Very distraught by the make-over of it she looked around and then focused the goth-girl teenager on the (admittedly much too large) bed. "Emi, do we have to worry about you?"
Emilie smiled, amused by the question and answered with a laugh. "No, you don't. I'm absolutely okay."

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 20:43

@Alfisti wrote:Monty: Giant shark's head, dorm-room of horrors... get some laughing clowns and you'll be able to sell it as a fairground attraction.
Ayden: We already have those around here. (looks at the handlers)
Jean: What was that?
Ayden: (walking away) just whistlin'

tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 13:32

Etienne spent too much time in his tribe to do something good for his cyborg that he also bought a chandelier for her new room to give it the "final grind":

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 18:54

ideal sofa for cyborgs

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum