Vidya games!!

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vidya games!!

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 12:09

Looking forward to Madden 12 and seeing if the (alleged) new features in Franchise mode are worth the hype. Hopefully they've listened to my five-year gripe in allowing for the trade of future draft picks. Very Happy

If not; ah well. I still look forward to making a team with a fairly low overall score that other online franchise players have a balls-hard time of beating. There's something strangely satisfying in being accused of hacks when you use none. Evil

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2561

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 18:47

Pre-ordered Dead Island. I'm getting it when it comes out on the 9th. EXCITE!!!!! X3

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2723

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 21:47

Replaying the RPG Jade Empire as a student of White Demon style kung fu. Also, he's being played as an unremorseful asshole.

Aiming for the elusive "have your cake and eat it too" romance ending involving the childhood friend and princess in disguise by turning them in equally heartless ninjas. Razz

Way of the Open Palm my ass. The Way of the Closed Fist = Power, Money, and Women (and quite a few slaughtered/betrayed innocents ).

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 22:39

@Rusty: How can you have your cake with both of them?

Mind you... it would probably help if I could get past that ONE BITCH of a fight in the Black Lotus facility, when you fight that Inquisitor lady.... THAT. BITCH.

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1470

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 23:23

@Officer_Charon wrote:@Rusty: How can you have your cake with both of them?
From what I can remember, you basically play wishy-washy non-committal with the two options until the very end without decisively picking one. Then towards the end of the game they both pop up and, if i may politely paraphrase, decide that they "learned" about each other and now it's a freaky threeway from here on out.

That does of course mean that my otherwise heartless and cruel kung fu villain has to play "nice" with the ladies. I just envision him as the type that would say anything to plunder some ancient Chinese secrets.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 3:33

Ahhh.. gotcha.

Also, Way of the Open Palm was here. Your acts shall only lead to your destruction.

Officer_Charon

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:53

I got Dead Rising 2 on August 19, 2011. Then I passed the game for 3 days when I solve the case. I received S ending.

Back to top Go down

CAVE Shooters

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:12

Anyone familiar with shooters from CAVE? The ones I mostly know are Dodonpachi, Mushihimesama, and Deathsmiles. HEar that Dodonpachi and Mushihimesama are said to have the hardest bosses of all time.

Discuss.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Forum Posts : 167

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:27

Moved to vidya game thread.

I played DoDonPachi once on the Saturn, back when I was twelve or thirteen. Shit was tough; I could never get the hang of all those weapon functions - bombs, guns, focused lasers, power-up modes... gave me a headache. Was hard-pressed to collect every one of those damn bees, too. People kept hinting to me that the ending of the game was one of the biggest mindfucks of all time, but sadly, I never made it that far.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 20:03

I'm all PC, I can't afford the consoles and from what I keep hearing they aren't worth it anyway seeing as they break within a month (especially the xbox360)

I played the classics Warcraft and Warcraft II along with the orginal Starcraft.

I've also played System Shock I & 2 (eat your heart out Silent Hill)

Dawn of War and it's expansions (the sequel sucked: there was something about the graphical style I didn't like, it seemed to clean. We couldn't even play the other races until Retribution and well, I like base building, and I enjoy the feel of decimating your opponent by annihilating their town. Just killing soldiers didn't appeal to me because I can just rebuild them moments later.)

Sins of A Solar Empire (Gorgeous game)

All of the Age of Empires games (the third one didn't impress me at all, I felt like I was just playing AOE 2 again, with slightly nicer graphics)

Civilization 5 (I had never played the other Civ games, but this one was pretty fun. It's flaw is once you've played through a few day long campaigns with one faction, the game gets stale fast)

Black and White 1 & 2 (Lionhead needs to get their head out their ass with the stupid Fable games. Fuck being a hero, I want to be a GOD, speaking of which...)

Sims 2 (DAMN YOU EA!!!! It didn't get much better than the Sims 2. I liked building houses, and creating my own land, people and making a story to go along with them. I never care much for making my sims eat, sleep, poop and all that. I liked how I could focus on each house's needs one at a time. I liked having utter dominion over the place. Then Sims 3 comes along and fucks it all up)

and the two new Fallout games 3 and New Vegas. (Normally I don't like RPGs because I get bored fast if the game locks me into a path that I have to follow. I felt a real sense of freedom in Fallout, and I could go where ever the hell I want, when I want, and do what I want on my own terms and time.)

Medieval II is another new favorite. (They need to make a fantasy version of this game with their engine.)

I like games where I am at the head of an empire out to conquer the world. I hate MMOs they suck ass, I already paid for the game, I'm not paying for it again, and their game play requires no thought.

Last edited by Nagneto on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 20:18; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
FEED YOUR HEAD

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
Nagneto

Male

Forum Posts : 62

Fan of : Primordial Evil That Has Ruled Before

Original Characters : Sylvester Von Braun

Comments : Sunshine in the house of flames
She loves it where she gets it
But it's never felt the same
Surgery, in the house of dissection
When your candle burns out I'll resurrect you
She runs through fields of daisies
Yeah, it's just a shame that they eat their own babies
Who cares, cos' the air is free
When you get there will you kiss the dead for me?

Registration date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 20:11

Out of the Dodonpachi games, I've mostly been seeeing the lastest of them all, Daifukkatsu. I really liked the bosses, the Element Daughters, which two of them look like Reimu and Sakuya from Touhou.

Speaking of which, does anyone play any of the game of the Touhou series?

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:49

Cosmo- I play MegaMari a good bit(still trying to go for the perfect run, but that damned Izayoi and her damned hundred knives move. -.-***)

Nagneto- I have stars in my eyes at the thought of another System Shock appreciator. Deus Ex is damn good, but gets too much damn credit.

As for Madden 12....HUZZAH!!!!! The franchise mode is truly the bread and butter of the series now and although I'm hearing fluid gripes from most(sic damn near everyone) about the new options and and staples; I must say that I favor them as they cater MUCH less to trade monkeys and MUCH more to bonafide team builders such as myself. If there are any Madden-ites here...I'll see YOU...on the field. ;P

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 1:40

Man, this online game were pro. I didn't get mad at players. So I don't want to be Angry German Kid. But I was pretend to be it. I didn't smash the keyboard nor breaking PS3 controller. That was fun. Oh yes, I almost forgot. I was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. So I keep try harder.

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 12:50

Thinking and looking more on Dodonpachi. I actually thought of doing Element Daughter-ish forms of the five cyborg girls. How crazy that would be...

I've also been seeing the game Ikargua, known for its "polarity mechanic" where you are immune to one color while doing double damage to the other. As said from a previous post, I've also been playing and trying to translate eXceed 2nd- Vampire REX, which has simlar gameplay.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 15:52

Not sure if this was talked about just yet, but in realtion to topic, what Video Game Music do you like to listen?

My choices are:

Star Ocean (Second Story and Till the End of Time)

Radiant Silvergun and it's spiritual sequel, Ikaruga

Raiden

Raiden Fighters Series

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Unreal Tournamet 3

Half Life 2

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 12:23

Okami. 'Nuff said Wink

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 4:20

Just a heads up for anyone who cares, Portal 1 is free to download on Steam from now until the 20th. If you don't own it already, and you're interested in playing it, now would be the best time to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 18:04

After I played demo version of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It look awesome. I should get that game. It look fun to me. But I want pre-order to get F-4E Phantom II.

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 18:47

Radiant Silvergun for Xbox Live Arcade is out and I want to get it soon.

Reviews have been very good so far. IGN and GamePro both gave it 9 out of 10.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:06

David Jaffe apologies to fans about Twisted Metal for PS3 is delay. As now, Twisted Metal for PS3 will be released on February 14, 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 2:29

@JameyoftheMegacosmos wrote:Radiant Silvergun for Xbox Live Arcade is out and I want to get it soon.

Reviews have been very good so far. IGN and GamePro both gave it 9 out of 10.

I imported it for my Saturn many years ago. It's freaking made of awesome!!!

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 2:38

I'm mad. I believe with all of my being that Darth Maul should have his own video game.

[rant]@#$%![/rant]

It makes me angry that the idea of a game was brought up but instead they made The Force Unleashed II. Don't get me wrong, I love that game... But I love Darth Maul more.

Is there anyone here who WOULN'T want to play as the best Sith ever?? Don't the people at Lucas Arts know how huge a fan base he has? I would gladly buy 5 copies if a game was ever made.

I guess I'll have to hope that someone with a brain at Lucas Arts will get hit with the idea and actually put it into production. bang head

So many people always say that Maul wasn't a fleshed out enough character. In the movies, yes. But they never read the book or comic about him. I think if a game was made he would get a whole new group of fans, and tons who finally understand how awesome he really is.

I've been a huge fan of Darth Maul since I was 8. I hope I get a game so I can play as my favorite Star Wars character someday. ;_;
[rant]@#$%![/rant]

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 3:06

Triela... you talking about being a Maul fan since age 8 just made me feel old as HELL...

Carry on, fangirl. *grins*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 3:30

"Triela wrote:I've been a huge fan of Darth Maul since I was 8.
@Officer_Charon wrote:Triela... you talking about being a Maul fan since age 8 just made me feel old as HELL...
I just had this mental image of 8 year old Triela dressed up with facepaint and horns.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 3:45

Ahaha!! I feel old too! 3rd grade was a long time ago! XD

I had a mask when I dressed up as him for halloween. Here's the next best thing! Me and my bff in Universal, I think... 5 or 6 years ago.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 4:41

@Triela wrote:So many people always say that Maul wasn't a fleshed out enough character. In the movies, yes. But they never read the book or comic about him. I think if a game was made he would get a whole new group of fans, and tons who finally understand how awesome he really is.
This reminds me of those people who say Expanded Universe material (in other words, anything beyond the films) is dumb and should be ignored where the issue of canonicity is concerned.

Said people make me rage with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 4:08

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html

Their portrayal of Darth Maul is awesome Very Happy

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 18:42

@Nachtsider wrote:
@Triela wrote:So many people always say that Maul wasn't a fleshed out enough character. In the movies, yes. But they never read the book or comic about him. I think if a game was made he would get a whole new group of fans, and tons who finally understand how awesome he really is.
This reminds me of those people who say Expanded Universe material (in other words, anything beyond the films) is dumb and should be ignored where the issue of canonicity is concerned.

Said people make me rage with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.

I admit I wasn't a huge fan of the extended universe for a long time, but then I saw a benefits of it. I don't know as much as you, I like to weed out things I want to know more about. Like Darth Maul and Starkiller. :3

Having been there myself, more movie fans should really get into the expanded universe, even just a little bit. ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 19:12

Two words: Timothy. Zahn.

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 19:28

@Triela wrote:Having been there myself, more movie fans should really get into the expanded universe, even just a little bit. ^_^
Those sites are like Wikipedia; go for 1 answer...end up staying online for six hours.
Officer Charon wrote:Two words: Timothy. Zahn.
His publicity photo reminds me of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 19:07

Been playing Minecraft 1.8 and Dead Island. Anyone wants to get together on DI, give me a heads up.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 18:41

Manly tears shed. I can only hope that Duke Nukem, Wario, Diddy Kong, James Bond and all the other characters in the video games I own think of me the same way.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 16:58

Christ, I hope not, Nacht... after last night's session, Adam Jensen might VERY much want to deliver a cybernetically-assisted kick to my nether-regions...

Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 17:40

Recently finished Uncharted 2, and giving the remake of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit a go. I have quickly become accustomed to taking out a Corvette Grand Sport onto Eagle Crest Road during sunny and dry conditions for a free drive in order to powerslide every single hairpin corner and look back to see the huge cloud of tire smoke I generated.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 17:48

That video was beautiful... Up until the scary clown, then I looked away. ;_; I thought I saw a glimpse of Chel, but I'm not sure. DARN YOU CLOWN. I loved that Cole was in it though. Needed more Alex Mercer. >:(

Last edited by Triela on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 17:54; edited 1 time in total

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 17:49

To get Dark Souls or not, that is the question.

I destroyed Demon Souls and enjoyed it but now I'm a wage slave so I don't know if I can enjoy the sequel these days.
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 17:53

Just turned in my venerable PS2 and some of my games (Including some PS1 titles - FF7, FF Anthology, Xenogears, Street Fighter Alpha 3) to EB games and came out of it with a nice chunk of store credit..... which I turned around and spent on Fallout 3:GOTY and Fallout: New Vegas.

I'm strangely ok with this.... if I thought I could get Deus Ex for anything LIKE a decent price right now, I'd pick that up, as well...

Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 16:46

Say, does anyone know about the Star Ocean series? It's my favorite RPG series and has my favorite villains. I think the fourth game came out a few years ago and was said to be okay at least. But the second and third were said to be better.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 17:39

My XBOX red ringed. I'm getting a new Star Wars one for x-mas, but I'll miss playing it for a while. Many hours of Left 4 Dead 2 on that thing. ;_;

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 0:06

I'm way too excited for Uncharted 3! Especially since I don't have a PS3 nor have I ever played any other Uncharted game! It just looks like Indiana Jones! Plus my brother really wants assains creed.

I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm white trash. I'm ok with that though. Very Happy
Cherubino

Female

Forum Posts : 457

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 8:30

@Cherubino wrote:I'm way too excited for Uncharted 3! Especially since I don't have a PS3 nor have I ever played any other Uncharted game! It just looks like Indiana Jones! Plus my brother really wants assains creed.

Yeah, that one looks fun.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 9:20

I thought I saw a glimpse of Chel, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, it's Chell, at 1:16, behind the clown.

I've been playing "Ghost Master" which I picked up on GOG.com for cheap. Interesting game, with quite a bit of humor instilled. I mean, when you're spooking sorority girls out of their house by scaring the hell out of them, how can it not be fun?

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by imksoon on Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 9:28

The elder scroll Skyrim !!

filled with cool stuffs !

it is timemachine to me! when I play it, time is passing so fast ~!
imksoon

Male

Forum Posts : 70

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : Cloe

Comments : small height but good length of lags and arms

hair style : poney tail

etc :

Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 21:43

I just a news thing that several known doujin titles (Three of them that I like are eXceed 2nd, eXceed 3rd, and Ether Vapor) are going to be coming out on Steam early this year.

I'm very excited about it since I've been working on that translation for eXceed 2nd for months.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 3:56

I'm no video game expert, to be honest I only play the racing games (in part because I'm too inept to remember which button makes the character run, jump or shoot fireballs out of his ass). Recently I had the chance to compare the two competing driving simulators; Sony PS3's Gran Turismo 5 vs. Microsoft X-Box 360's Forza Motorsport 4.

Loading Times: Both about the same. GT5 made a big deal about improved load times with their latest big update but I don't see it at all. Tie here.

Controller Set-Up: This one is a clear win for the Sony system. With Forza 4 you can't configure your own controller...you must use one of their pre-sets. Ouch...major points off. GT5 comes away looking very good with the option to configure every single button independently.

Music: Don't know, don't care...it's the first thing I shut off. Both games offer the option to import your own playlist though.

Graphics: Slight edge to the X-Box, although its environments seem specifically chosen to play to the strengths of CGI.
Forza 4

Gran Turismo 5

Neither is bad...neither is photo-realistic yet.

Car Selection: Both games are weighed down by a bunch of boring street cars (if I care how a Chrysler PT Cruiser handles...and I don't...I'll rent one) but once you get into the interesting stuff GT5 has more European and Japanese sports/race cars while Forza 4 has an interesting selection of current American Le Mans Series cars. Ultimately though, GT5 has more cars available so they win this category.

On Screen Data: Forza wins this one easily. GT5 has very few options.

Menus: Clear win for GT5...the Forza menus are confusing and don't provide a clear view of what's available, cars or races.

Physics: This one goes to Forza 4. GT5 is easier to drive fast, the cars feel much more planted and are damn near impossible to slide. The physics model in Forza 4 definitely incorporates body roll and loss of traction better.

Upgrading Cars: Forza 4 has way more options but it's overwhelming...you can spend more time modifying a car than driving it. To its credit, Forza allows you to earn discounts on parts by performing well, which adds another layer of complexity to the game. If you like that kind of stuff, Forza 4 is for you. If you prefer to drive, GT5 wins...simple upgrade menus and then straight to the race. Tie here.

AI Opponents: GT5 starts off strong by offering as many as 15 AI opponents in a race but you quickly realize...they all suck. There is no option to increase AI strength so things get boring quick. Forza 4's AI drivers seem to adapt to your speed, so you can never break away to a big lead. More exciting, but you're limited to a handful of opponents. It's a toss-up here with both games getting a thumbs down for different reasons.

So that's 3 categories to Forza 4...3 to GT5...4 ties. I've done exactly what the magazines do by making you read a whole review then giving you no clear winner. To be honest, Forza 4 is probably the better game if you're a serious gamer...Gran Turismo 5 is better if (like me) you're a racing fan who plays games to learn about the cars & tracks.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 18:50

Well. I played Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. But the choice is, Battlefield is way much better than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. But my brother and his friends think, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 10:54

I assume I'm probably about the only person here looking forward to this (bar maybe Charon)...

Sadly it's still only in pre-Alpha stage, so much of it is still placeholder effects and the like. Anyway, they released details for Rarity's VA and theme in Fighting is Magic today... I assume she's going to be the regulation "Kung Fu" chick, always nice to know they're still making progress.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pax on Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 17:04

Downloaded Crusader Kings 2 on steam the other day. If strategy, expecially grand strategy is your thing, that game is addictive as hell. My only real quip is that you MUST play as a Christian kingdom. I can see kingdoms only, but I really do hope they patch in the ability to play as Muslim/random other religions (all lumped under the very unhelpful title of pagan. Worshiping the Aesir and them is quite different from Animism or some of the eastern faiths...)

Well, the restrictions, and the bugs with multiplayer, and paradoxs typically abysmal initial load times, though its nowhere near as bad as EU3...

Pax

Male

Forum Posts : 137

Fan of : Rico, Triela

Original Characters : none

Comments : Sanity is like pants. You aren't born with them, and only have them because society has trained you to feel uncomfortable without them, and your at your happiest without them.

Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mushi4fr on Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 19:02

Please tell me I'm not the only one excited!! You know!? Mass Effect 3!!!

My friend literally went to bed really early the night before Valentine's Day...so that she could wake up early that morning and play the demo before class!

Uh, that's not how I spent my Valentine's Day, but still! I am really into this! The demo was fun and exciting! I have high hopes.

It helps that one of the characters looks exactly like Nightwing. I may be the only DC Comics nerd here, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

He's my comic-book-boy-crush. That and Hillshire. <3

Uh...my comp is being an ass....I'll post pictures later... Razz

I'd love to draw your characters, by the way! <3
mushi4fr

Female

Forum Posts : 43

Fan of : Triela and Hillshire (individually...and together, I might add!)

Original Characters : Agnes and Bastian fratello; Cordula & Sven fratello

Comments : If you send me a detailed, clear message describing your character, I would be happy to draw this person for you.
Same goes for fight scenes, romantic moments, and fan art!
Just keep it PG13 in terms of "romance"... I'm fine with drawing gore, however.

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 20:08

I love that one line from a cinematic in ME1: "No autopsy, no foul." I probably use it at least once a week in real life.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 21:14

If anybody is wondering why I haven't been on lately; two words...

TWISTED METAL!!!!!

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 9:13

There is a Boondock Saints video game in the works. CAN NOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!

It's going to be a co-op shooter on XBox PC and PS3!!! Can't waaaaait!!! Very Happy

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pax on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 12:35

@Triela wrote:There is a Boondock Saints video game in the works. CAN NOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!

It's going to be a co-op shooter on XBox PC and PS3!!! Can't waaaaait!!! Very Happy

AWESOME!!!!! Now, heres to hopin that the studio doin it doesnt ruin it...

Pax

Male

Comments : Sanity is like pants. You aren't born with them, and only have them because society has trained you to feel uncomfortable without them, and your at your happiest without them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 22:16

@Pax wrote:
@Triela wrote:There is a Boondock Saints video game in the works. CAN NOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!

As long as you can play as Billy Connolly wielding six guns... I might just give it a shot Razz

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 23:28

@Alfisti wrote:
@Pax wrote:

As long as you can play as Billy Connolly wielding six guns... I might just give it a shot Razz

NO!!!! JUST Murphy. You can only play is him. No one else. Ever.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 1:46

*Deploys the Fangirl Trap-o-matic* Down girl!

Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Pax on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 20:40

@Alfisti wrote:As long as you can play as Billy Connolly wielding six guns... I might just give it a shot Razz

Dont forget the sidekick minigames it has to have. "Not Crying" and "Words with Spic in'em" where you play as Romeo, and "Telling if its dead" which is the Rocco minigame. Razz

Pax

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 22:11

@Alfisti wrote:I assume I'm probably about the only person here looking forward to this (bar maybe Charon)...

Sadly it's still only in pre-Alpha stage, so much of it is still placeholder effects and the like. Anyway, they released details for Rarity's VA and theme in Fighting is Magic today... I assume she's going to be the regulation "Kung Fu" chick, always nice to know they're still making progress.

That looks like a cute, fun game!
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 7:11

Finally, a release date and official trailer for the fan-made Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn.
Release is 3/22/12, and it'll be entirely free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N1w9Xw0j0I&context=C3a16019ADOEgsToPDskKFGuDCuBu06LTqghwVukKj

maverick375

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content