Pinocchio's training

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pinocchio's training

Post by Jackal on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 16:24

Obviously Pinocchio was a very skilled assassin, with superb reflexes and above average agility. However, I'm confused as to whether he was as highly trained in specific martial arts as people make out? We only see him fight a couple of times, but whenever he's not throwing knives I noticed his attacks are very similar to methods used in Krav Maga, having trained for 2 years myself. He seems to rely more on dodging and countering others' attcks (for example, his fights with Triela) and using stealth and cover (his rescue of Flanca), made all the more effective by his honed reflexes.

In addition, he was trained largely by John Doe, who- having been ex-CIA and possibly special forces- will have had to learn Krav Maga ('Krav Maga is used by various special police, military and intelligence forces, such as American CIA'). Krav Maga teaches how to target pressure points, and finish a fight as quickly and efficiently as possible. The basic principles of the system are 'threat neutralization' through the use of 'extremely efficient, brutal counter-attacks'- skills which would, of course, be useful to an assassin.

He would have practised with knives and guns for endless hours, until lethal moves became second nature to him. I think that learning this his entire life, as well as training speed, agililty, cardio and his reflexes, AND his fanatical devotion to fight for Cristiano, easily accounts for his ability, and is more logical as opposed to him being a black-belt level in about 7 martial arts, as some others suggest.

What do you guys think?
Jackal

Male

Forum Posts : 16

Fan of : Pinocchio, Triela, Jean

Original Characters : None

Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Pinocchio's training

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 17:07

Pinocchio's training was exclusively from John Doe. The key is John Doe - His training to kill must have came from some military training, with an attachment would make him a Special Ops agent before becoming a full agent. Thus the varied styles the US Military has, John Doe basically trained Pino how to defend himself and how to kill with little effort. Since Pino prefers knives, John Doe had to train him in that, something that Special Ops has.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 21:07

Jackal wrote:I think that learning this his entire life, as well as training speed, agililty, cardio and his reflexes, AND his fanatical devotion to fight for Cristiano, easily accounts for his ability, and is more logical as opposed to him being a black-belt level in about 7 martial arts, as some others suggest.
I don't see how it could've been via any other way. He wouldn't have had the time to rack up black belts in seven martial arts.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 21:14

Nachtsider wrote:
Jackal wrote:I think that learning this his entire life, as well as training speed, agililty, cardio and his reflexes, AND his fanatical devotion to fight for Cristiano, easily accounts for his ability, and is more logical as opposed to him being a black-belt level in about 7 martial arts, as some others suggest.
I don't see how it could've been via any other way. He wouldn't have had the time to rack up black belts in seven martial arts.
Which begs to be asked - How old was Pino when Triela killed him? I would say 18 to 22. He would not have time to learn all that in the short time he had with John Doe.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 21:29

18 to 22? No bloody way. I'd give him 19 at the oldest, with 17-18 being more likely. In fact, I would go so far to say that I might consider an age as low as 16.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 21:54

I'd say he was in his early teens when they killed his family. He probably had a few years with John Doe before Doe died and then a few years on his own. So yes, I'd say probably 17-19.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 22:43

I agree with Kisk while I think 16 is possible I think 17-19 is more likely
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 8:58

Well, he was supposed to have committed his first murder when aged 10, so Cristiano and John Doe probably found him when he was 9, assuming a year of training would be sufficient to teach him how to kill.

In chapter 13 he's seen driving a car, and the minimum age to drive a car in Italy is 18. He also smokes, and you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes in Italy. I agree that he was probably between the age of 19-21 when he got Triela's fingers in his neck.
Jackal

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 9:23

Jackal wrote:In chapter 13 he's seen driving a car, and the minimum age to drive a car in Italy is 18. He also smokes, and you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes in Italy.
I knew someone would make these points. But the fact remains that neither of the above means he was actually eighteen.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:02

Nachtsider wrote:
Jackal wrote:In chapter 13 he's seen driving a car, and the minimum age to drive a car in Italy is 18. He also smokes, and you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes in Italy.
I knew someone would make these points. But the fact remains that neither of the above means he was actually eighteen.

I agree, but I don't think he'd take the risks of driving or buying cigarettes when he was underage. Imagine if he got arrested on the way to killing the prosecutor at the beginning of his story arc? Even if he would be willing, Cristiano- who said that 'an assassin who hesitates merely once is useless' (or something along those lines)- would understand an assassin in jail, or on a police record, is even less useful.
Jackal

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:09

Highly convincing fake ID. Risk of arrest = nil.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:13

The point I'm making is that Christiano or John would've been behind teaching an underage Pino how to drive, on account of such a skill being useful for his job as an enforcer/assassin. So they teach him. And the moment he looks just old enough, they outfit him with some forged papers that he may drive around with impunity.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:20

Italy does have a National ID system, so that could complicate things in terms of using forged documents during a law enforcement stop.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:25

Nachtsider wrote:Highly convincing fake ID. Risk of arrest = nil.
Kiskaloo wrote:Italy does have a National ID system, so that could complicate things in
terms of using forged documents during a law enforcement stop.
I gotta agree with Kisk on this one. And that forging documents would put him in the system, even if it's an alias.
And I'd had hime pegged for the 19-23 region myself.

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:46

Barring the SWA themselves, the GSG world's Italian cops don't exactly appear to be the paragon of efficiency now, do they?

I'm willing to compromise with y'all and go for him being eighteen at the time of his death, though.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 21:34

Nachtsider wrote:Barring the SWA themselves, the GSG world's Italian cops don't exactly appear to be the paragon of efficiency now, do they?

I'm willing to compromise with y'all and go for him being eighteen at the time of his death, though.
You make a good point about the police. 18 sounds fair, I can see him being that young.

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 23:20

Whoa... Nice info.

But I'll add that Pino was driving when John was alive - when he had to get rid of a car and gave it to a fixer, but he sat on its roof for some reason. Plus he was smoking then too, so age is nothing when he's so deep in the mob that papers are faked and he can get all the wine, cars and cigarettes he wants.

Personally, I believe that he was 18 - 21 - an early 21.
Kisk - his family? I distinctly remember that he was rescued from the Polancco's (sp?) secret basement slave holding cell. That would not make him his family, and Christiano said something about this boy not being part of the family.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 23:29

ElfenMagix wrote:Whoa... Nice info.
Kisk - his family? I distinctly remember that he was rescued from the Polancco's (sp?) secret basement slave holding cell. That would not make him his family, and Christiano said something about this boy not being part of the family.
Mybe he had been throwing a temper-tantrum and his parents had had enough of his attitide so they threw him in the basement to teach him a lesson .

But seriously, Christiano says on a couple of occasions that he decided to help Pinocchio "on a whim" and didn't really care for the boy, which he actually did, but perhaps had not realised. So Pinocchio isn't a blood relative of Christiano's, more like an adopted nephew (because Pino calls Christiano 'Uncle' all the time).

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 8:46

Nachtsider wrote:Barring the SWA themselves, the GSG world's Italian cops don't exactly appear to be the paragon of efficiency now, do they?

Actually, on this topic, does anyone know why Jean joined the Military Police instead of one of the regular armed forces? I was thinking about joining the Royal Military Police, but they have such a bad reputation I got a little put off. Why would an MP get hired by the SWA when it seems they're seen as little more than grunts?
Jackal

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 9:13

Jackal wrote: does anyone know why Jean joined the Military Police instead of one of the regular armed forces?
He wanted to try out for the elite GIS unit and one needs to be a member of the Tuscania regiment first.

From Chapter 66

Link to GIS article.

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piņa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 12:05

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Whoa... Nice info.
Mybe he had been throwing a temper-tantrum and his parents had had enough of his attitide so they threw him in the basement to teach him a lesson .

But seriously, Christiano says on a couple of occasions that he decided to help Pinocchio "on a whim" and didn't really care for the boy, which he actually did, but perhaps had not realised. So Pinocchio isn't a blood relative of Christiano's, more like an adopted nephew (because Pino calls Christiano 'Uncle' all the time).
The latter is a given and Pino became more of a son to Christiano than any of his unheard of children.

Back to the original point. When the Polancco (sp?) were killed off by John Doe by Christiano's orders, Christiano knew who of that family would be there and I would dare guess - there ages. Then Christiano found Pino, he was tied up with nothing more than his underpants on in a secret compartment. That to me says that the child was part of a human/slave (and even possibly sex slave) trade. And why not? Under Triela's back story, the mob was involved with the child sex slave trade and trafficking. Were the Polancco's involved with this illegal trade? Chances are - maybe. I would not surprised if they were. And this would bring Pino into play since Christiano did not know who this child was.

The interplay here seems to show that the Polancco's may have been part of the Padania Elders but because of their involvement in child sex trade, they had to be eliminated. That means that Christiano knew them on a personal level as he does with the others. This relationship with them gave him the personal information of who that family is and who he expects to be eliminated. Christiano's involvement in that elimination got him the power and ranking in Padania he has in GsG.

The rest is history.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 9:28

ElfenMagix wrote:That to me says that the child was part of a human/slave (and even possibly sex slave) trade. And why not? Under Triela's back story, the mob was involved with the child sex slave trade and trafficking.

I agree with this, especially considering Pinocchio is Triela's foil in every way- they both have blonde hair, both feel devoted to someone they have a complex relationship with, both have a gift from said person that meant a lot to them, both killed others at a young age ( there's probably others, these are just off the top of my head). It's mentioned that Pinocchio was 'merchandise', heavily implying he was bought for the purposes of manual labour, general entertainment and possibly sex slavery. It would make sense that he had a similar experience to Triela.
Jackal

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 15:43

Dang Jackal i never thought of that one before nice
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum