Interest Check

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interest Check

Post by Piero on Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 0:09

It's been quite a long time since I've last done a RPG on this board, and I've been thinking of trying again. This time around I'm planning to do things in a less structured manner than before. Rather than spending a bunch of threads establishing things, I'm thinking of doing some stand alone stories that jump right into the action (well, there may still be a continuity of sorts, but it might be looser than in previous RPGs).

At present I'm leaning towards doing a RPG focused primarily on second gen OCs, but that could change depending on what sort of feedback I receive. What I want to know is who is interested in participating in a new RPG, what characters they are thinking of playing (provide a link or a brief overview), and what sorts of storylines they would like to see. I've been leaning towards storylines that put the fratellos in the field, but if people want some more laid back threads involving activities taking place at home base, then let me know. At present my two main storyline ideas would be a VIP protection storyline (involving a few fratellos assigned to protect someone) and a search and attack operation in which fratelloes search a town that is suspected of hosting Padania agents and safe houses (I've been considering making this a hostage rescue operation to make things more interesting).

A note on characters -I want to try to be less strict then I have been in past RPGs, but I still want to preserve the setting to some degree. If you are planning to import a character who would require substantial revisions to canon or the feel of the setting then please consider making revisions to help them better fit the setting. Also note that you do not need to have a character ready to go -if you have a character that is merely in planning then just give me a short general description of the character you plan to play.

Oh, one more possibility worth considering -with a RPG like this it's probably possible for the handler and cyborg in a fratello to be played by different players. I'm not sure too many people would want to try that but I thought it's something worth considering.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts: 2557

Fan of: Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters: Diana and Piero

Registration date: 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest Check

Post by Piero on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 17:29

It looks like there isn't as much interest in this as a comment another member made had indicated. That being said if people are just holding back and waiting for more details, then there's something I should clarify: with this RPG, I intend to come up with threads that fit the characters people want to play. The way I handle things will be different depending on whether the characters are young first generation cyborgs or older second generation ones, as well as whether the characters are solely original characters or whether a lot of people want to play canon characters. If I don't know anything about what kind of characters people want to try to play (and preferably what sort of things they're looking for as well) then it's going to be difficult to come up with concrete storylines.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts: 2557

Fan of: Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters: Diana and Piero

Registration date: 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 18:24

I'm game i was just waiting for more info

crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts: 1111

Fan of: Claes

Original Characters: none at this time

Comments: Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has four different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date: 2010-01-10

http://animescience101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 5:40

Would I be interested: probably. Do I have time? Probably not.

I had a very strange moment today when I realised I had just texted my former flatmate to find out if I was doing anything in early June, because I had absolutely no idea, and figured he'd have a better clue as to I was supposed to be doing in my personal life than me. That probably gives you some idea of the state my life is in at the moment...

...it also makes me think I need an actual Monty to run my life, because no offence to my mate; but he's just not that attractive. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts: 4967

Fan of: Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters: Jethro + Monty

Comments: If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date: 2009-07-21

http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum