Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Post by Three Dog on Tue 29 May 2012 - 6:31

I have a few questions, and I don't think they deserve a thread on thier own. However, together, they canform a thread. Feel free to pose your own random questions here too.

1. Does the Nazi regiem exist in SW, and if so, to what extreme? It may only be benign with the cultist part, of it may be extreme with the inclusion of Aerins and genocide and SS.

2. Was Darwin attcked like in real life? Some major parts of a couple of my OC's backgrounds revolves around that attack. Sme question for Peral harbour as well. Since SW seems to mimmic reality in at least the major battles, but it also makes me question whether there was and SW equivilent of Opperation: Market Garden, D-Day, Stalingrad, etc.

3. Are the languages called Dutch, German, English, etc, or are the Gallian, Fuso, Orussian, etc?

That's it for now, but there'll probably be more. Feel free to ask your own little questions too.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Tue 29 May 2012 - 6:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 29 May 2012 - 6:52

1. The SW fiction states that Karlsland is a monarchy, despite the Nazi-like uniforms that its troops wear. I think it's safe to regard it as being quite like Germany under the Kaiser.

2. The SW world seems to operate on the principle that the Second World War never happened, despite the usage of Second World War technology, and it remains debatable if the place experienced the First World War, either. I suppose we should regard the place as having experienced all the technological breakthroughs of WWII, without WWII occurring, if that makes any sort of sense.

Both the above points being said, I have heartily entertained the idea that after the Neuroi threat ceases, the various nations might very well end up going to battle with each other, thus leading to a SW equivalent of World War Two. Now wouldn't that be quite the scenario - former friends meeting on the battlefield as enemies. DRAMA. Woogie-woogie-woogie.

3. The latter.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Post by Three Dog on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:24

@Nachtsider wrote:1. The SW fiction states that Karlsland is a monarchy, despite the Nazi-like uniforms that its troops wear. I think it's safe to regard it as being quite like Germany under the Kaiser.

2. The SW world seems to operate on the principle that the Second World War never happened, despite the usage of Second World War technology, and it remains debatable if the place experienced the First World War, either. I suppose we should regard the place as having experienced all the technological breakthroughs of WWII, without WWII occurring, if that makes any sort of sense.

Both the above points being said, I have heartily entertained the idea that after the Neuroi threat ceases, the various nations might very well end up going to battle with each other, thus leading to a SW equivalent of World War Two. Now wouldn't that be quite the scenario - former friends meeting on the battlefield as enemies. DRAMA. Woogie-woogie-woogie.

3. The latter.

Well that throws a wrenchin the works, I wanted to have an SS Witch that nobody trusted. Might still be able to have an SS equivilant maybe?

However, I'm a little puzzled by your answers to 2. and 3.

2. wasn't asking if the battle happened as in people fighting people, but the Neuroi in place of the attackers. Season 1 is basically the Battle of Britain, and Season 2 is some famous air battle in Italy. Fr example, the Neuroi attacked pearl harbour which encouraged the Liberians to enter the war. Similar to realty, but not exact. That's waht I meant.

3. I'm not to sure how to go withthat answer. They still called cut and fried potatoes "French Fries", even thou France and the French do not exist, so...?

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 29 May 2012 - 7:42

1. Well, there's no telling if what might eventually become an SW version of the Nazi party may actually already clandestinely exist within Karlsland's military - perhaps a clique of rogue officers unsatisfied with how the war and the country are being run, and distrustful of Karlsland's foreign allies. Maybe the First World War DID happen between the nations, and these Nazis don't like the fact that Karlsland has to work with those who defeated it.

Such a scenario, I think, could help set up your SS witch. Perhaps you could have her join the unit, but be someone who was suspected of committing atrocities during the First World War, thus calling into question her ability to work alongside those from the nation she allegedly committed those crimes against, and creating tension and drama. Perhaps she expresses some extremist political views or openly derides the foreign members to boot.

2. Ah, okay - I hear you now, sorry. I thought you were asking if World War II had happened in the SW universe before the Neuroi rolled up. My bad. Yeah, by all means, recreate famous air assaults with the Neuroi.

I don't know about Pearl Harbour, but a look at the SW world map indicates that something pretty cataclysmic happened to California and the West Coast - Liberion is missing a huge chunk of that region. If the Neuroi launched an attack major enough to catapult Liberion into total war, that would be the locale they hit.

3. Dude. I think this one amounts to overthinking the issue. Laughing

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:07

@Nachtsider wrote:Such a scenario, I think, could help set up your SS witch. Perhaps you could have her join the unit, but be someone who was suspected of committing atrocities during the First World War, thus calling into question her ability to work alongside those from the nation she allegedly committed those crimes against, and creating tension and drama. Perhaps she expresses some extremist political views or openly derides the foreign members to boot.
Actually, she would be picked for the team becuase of attoricites and the like. The're called the 601st Joint Strike Force ('cause they got tanks and planes) A.K.A. "Hell's Witches". They basically help out in and around Eurpope wherever the shit is hitting the fan. And they are renowned for thier brutality and merciless style of combat. In other words, eivl is good. However, being a member of the Gestapo, the other members find it hard to trust her.

@Nachtsider wrote:2. Ah, okay - I hear you now, sorry. I thought you were asking if World War II had happened in the SW universe before the Neuroi rolled up. My bad. Yeah, by all means, recreate famous air assaults with the Neuroi.

I don't know about Pearl Harbour, but a look at the SW world map indicates that something pretty cataclysmic happened to California and the West Coast - Liberion is missing a huge chunk of that region. If the Neuroi launched an attack major enough to catapult Liberion into total war, that would be the locale they hit.
Coolio, but I won't need to worry about pearl harbour, it was just an example. No Liberian Witches for me.

@Nachtsider wrote:3. Dude. I think this one amounts to overthinking the issue.
Blasphemy! It must be over thought! mef, I'll just stick to Englis, German, etc. Be easier.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:35

Englis ?

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:50

@Awinnell wrote:Englis ?
Yes, Englis, it is similar to English, but poses fewer Latin and French words. Comonly spoken by the natives of Antartica and becoming ever poular in many other parts of the world where people forget to check thier spelling.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 29 May 2012 - 8:57

used to have a spellcheck on an earlier version of this website

was decided it wasn't needed

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 29 May 2012 - 13:46

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
3. I'm not to sure how to go withtat answer. They still called cut and fried potatoes "French Fries", even thou France and the French do not exist, so...?

So call them "Freedom Fries", but instead of doing so because the French are pansies, do it because it represents freedom from the Neuroi threat. Razz

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 29 May 2012 - 16:52

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Actually, she would be picked for the team becuase of attoricites and the like. The're called the 601st Joint Strike Force ('cause they got tanks and planes) A.K.A. "Hell's Witches". They basically help out in and around Eurpope wherever the shit is hitting the fan. And they are renowned for thier brutality and merciless style of combat. In other words, eivl is good. However, being a member of the Gestapo, the other members find it hard to trust her.
Nice. I've always liked the idea of a 'necessary evil' unit who aren't angels. You're going to be a little hard pressed, though, to demonstrate their brutality and mercilessness. Those are qualities very difficult to illustrate when the enemy are non-human automatons like the Neuroi.

Now I'm kind of tempted to ask if you might be interested in bringing the 601 into play when someone decides that Ruth and her air pirates are becoming too much of a problem. Perhaps the fledgling Nazi party pulling their strings were the ones responsible for the refugee mistreatment that Ruth uncovered.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 29 May 2012 - 18:01

@Awinnell wrote:used to have a spellcheck on an earlier version of this website

was decided it wasn't needed
You have no idea how many trips to the dictionary that would save me.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Actually, she would be picked for the team becuase of attoricites and the like. The're called the 601st Joint Strike Force ('cause they got tanks and planes) A.K.A. "Hell's Witches". They basically help out in and around Eurpope wherever the shit is hitting the fan. And they are renowned for thier brutality and merciless style of combat. In other words, eivl is good. However, being a member of the Gestapo, the other members find it hard to trust her.
Nice. I've always liked the idea of a 'necessary evil' unit who aren't angels. You're going to be a little hard pressed, though, to demonstrate their brutality and mercilessness. Those are qualities very difficult to illustrate when the enemy are non-human automatons like the Neuroi.
I was thinking of having them go out of thier way to shoot deserters and not carrying how many die as long as then enemy is defeated (except for thier CO, she cares but knows it has to be doen) and things like that. You know, just some general nastiness

@Nachtsider wrote:Now I'm kind of tempted to ask if you might be interested in bringing the 601 into play when someone decides that Ruth and her air pirates are becoming too much of a problem. Perhaps the fledgling Nazi party pulling their strings were the ones responsible for the refugee mistreatment that Ruth uncovered.
The 601st would be more than happy to put down those traitorius pirate dogs.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 29 May 2012 - 18:18

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking of having them go out of thier way to shoot deserters and not carrying how many die as long as then enemy is defeated (except for thier CO, she cares but knows it has to be doen) and things like that. You know, just some general nastiness.

Just make them Soviets. During WWII, the NKVD routinely followed combat forces into battle to shoot anyone who attempted to flee in the face of the enemy.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 30 May 2012 - 1:56

@Kiskaloo wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking of having them go out of thier way to shoot deserters and not carrying how many die as long as then enemy is defeated (except for thier CO, she cares but knows it has to be doen) and things like that. You know, just some general nastiness.

Just make them Soviets. During WWII, the NKVD routinely followed combat forces into battle to shoot anyone who attempted to flee in the face of the enemy.
Only one Soviet, but she is a sharpshooter. And there'll be a Gestapo Air Witch, so she'll help deal with deserters too.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 30 May 2012 - 4:57

Another Question:
What is Yugoslavia called in SW?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 30 May 2012 - 6:59

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Another Question:
I don't think there's any name for it in the canon, at least not to my knowledge. Considering the events that led to the fracturing of the real-life Yugoslavia did not take place in SW, I reckon you could get away with calling it Yugoslavia, as that was what it was named during and before WWII. Or perhaps just call it Slavonica. Yeah, I made that name up.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking of having them go out of thier way to shoot deserters and not carrying how many die as long as then enemy is defeated (except for thier CO, she cares but knows it has to be doen) and things like that. You know, just some general nastiness
Shooting deserters sounds pretty good to me. I might also suggest the disregarding of collateral damage, as long as military objectives are fulfilled.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:The 601st would be more than happy to put down those traitorius pirate dogs.
Ohohoho. It begins. (rubs hands together like Mister Burns)

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 30 May 2012 - 7:20

@Nachtsider wrote:
I don't think there's any name for it in the canon, at least not to my knowledge. Considering the events that led to the fracturing of the real-life Yugoslavia did not take place in SW, I reckon you could get away with calling it Yugoslavia, as that was what it was named during and before WWII. Or perhaps just call it Slavonica. Yeah, I made that name up.
A'ight.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking of having them go out of thier way to shoot deserters and not carrying how many die as long as then enemy is defeated (except for thier CO, she cares but knows it has to be doen) and things like that. You know, just some general nastiness
Shooting deserters sounds pretty good to me. I might also suggest the disregarding of collateral damage, as long as military objectives are fulfilled.
Nice idea. I'll take that on board. I think my heavy team consisting of Sheila and Mad Jane will specialise in that.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:The 601st would be more than happy to put down those traitorius pirate dogs.
Ohohoho. It begins. (rubs hands together like Mister Burns)
Mad Jane: Have at thee!

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 31 May 2012 - 4:22

1. What are the classes of Neuroi?

2. Does a super heavy juggernaut class multi core behomth sound plausible?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 31 May 2012 - 5:16

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:1. What are the classes of Neuroi?

1. There's ground units that resemble Imperial walkers from Star Wars, as well as regular tanks. And there's air units that range from those swarms of tiny cubes, to the huge ships that take all kinds of forms ranging from propeller-driven aircraft to things like stealth bombers. I've even been tempted to introduce hordes of humanoid, infantry-type Neuroi, if only to give the foot soldiers something to do.

2. Sure, why not. A huge mobile (airborne, probably) hive capable of carrying squadrons of aerial units and battalions of ground forces. That would be horrifically spectacular; imagine that thing looming up over the horizon.

But hang on. What the hell am I doing? I'm promoting Neuroi usage, which runs contrary to what I feel about the Neuroi.

I think the Neuroi are dull, uninteresting adversaries and need to be used less. Until someone can explain what they are and give them depth/motive, my opinion will persist.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 31 May 2012 - 5:24

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:

2. Sure, why not. A huge mobile (airborne, probably) hive capable of carrying squadrons of aerial units and battalions of ground forces. That would be horrifically spectacular; imagine that thing looming up over the horizon.

But hang on. What the hell am I doing? I'm promoting Neuroi usage, which runs contrary to what I feel about the Neuroi.

I think the Neuroi are dull, uninteresting adversaries and need to be used less. Until someone can explain what they are and give them depth/motive, my opinion will persist.

I figure they're are some sort of drone, and AI, if you will. They are used as the millitary of a galagtic empire so that they may expand without having to lose any of thier own people. They use quantam computers and nanomanufaturing technology built into the core in order to reconstruct themselves.

And I wan't think a fortress tyoe Neuroi. More some kind of, um... you know how on some games you need to hit certain points at once? well, yeah, kinda like that. Possessing mltiple cores, it is capable of altering tactics during battle unlike the other Neuroi types. It's weaponary is also more powerful and spread. The gist of it is it's a bitch to kill.

I agree that they need a bit more depth, but SW isn't really about them, they're just a conveniant enemy.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 31 May 2012 - 5:34

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I figure they're are some sort of drone, and AI, if you will. They are used as the millitary of a galagtic empire so that they may expand without having to lose any of thier own people. They use quantam computers and nanomanufaturing technology built into the core in order to reconstruct themselves.
Ooh. I like this very much. It's too good a snippet for you not to expand upon - perhaps sometime down the road? 'Bout time we found out about the mysterious puppet masters controlling these alien hordes.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And I wan't think a fortress tyoe Neuroi. More some kind of, um... you know how on some games you need to hit certain points at once? well, yeah, kinda like that. Possessing mltiple cores, it is capable of altering tactics during battle unlike the other Neuroi types. It's weaponary is also more powerful and spread. The gist of it is it's a bitch to kill.
Ah, okay, I hear you now. Something like the alien motherships from Volley Fire, where you have to take out several vital spots that keep shifting in order to prevent your killing it off quick, all the while requiring you to dodge its defensive weaponry and penetrate its armour. Perhaps the ones running the Neuroi show decide to introduce such units after seeing what the Witches have been doing to their regular stuff.

I think you could go land, sea and air with these things; improved versions of the big Neuroi planes with multiple cores and more defences, commerce-raiding hybrid battleship-submarine thingies, and perhaps even large tank-like vehicles along the lines of the Maus and Ratte super-heavy tanks that Germany attempted to field during World War II.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 31 May 2012 - 5:43

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I figure they're are some sort of drone, and AI, if you will. They are used as the millitary of a galagtic empire so that they may expand without having to lose any of thier own people. They use quantam computers and nanomanufaturing technology built into the core in order to reconstruct themselves.
Ooh. I like this very much. It's too good a snippet for you not to expand upon - perhaps sometime down the road? 'Bout time we found out about the mysterious puppet masters controlling these alien hordes.
Maybe down the road. I can't garuntee I won't rip off several movie franchises though.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And I wan't think a fortress tyoe Neuroi. More some kind of, um... you know how on some games you need to hit certain points at once? well, yeah, kinda like that. Possessing mltiple cores, it is capable of altering tactics during battle unlike the other Neuroi types. It's weaponary is also more powerful and spread. The gist of it is it's a bitch to kill.
Ah, okay, I hear you now. Something like the alien motherships from Volley Fire, where you have to take out several vital spots that keep shifting in order to prevent your killing it off quick, all the while requiring you to dodge its defensive weaponry and penetrate its armour. Perhaps the ones running the Neuroi show decide to introduce such units after seeing what the Witches have been doing to their regular stuff.

I think you could go land, sea and air with these things; improved versions of the big Neuroi planes with multiple cores and more defences, commerce-raiding hybrid battleship-submarine thingies, and perhaps even large tank-like vehicles along the lines of the Maus and Ratte super-heavy tanks that Germany attempted to field during World War II.
The Maus and the Ratte?! Nacht, I love you mate. I've wanted to incoperate them somehow. You're the best.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 31 May 2012 - 6:59

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Maybe down the road. I can't garuntee I won't rip off several movie franchises though.
That's cool. I borrow freely from all kinds of sources. There's nothing new under the sun.

I'm just waiting for an Independence Day reference to pop up in Strike Witches, personally.

@Nachtsider wrote:The Maus and the Ratte?! Nacht, I love you mate. I've wanted to incoperate them somehow. You're the best.
Nah, without you bringing up the idea, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to suggest them. So you're looking into a mirror when you say that. Smile

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 31 May 2012 - 18:16

Independance Day you reckon ? I can see that happening.

Two new questions:

1. What do people think of an infiltration type Neuroi, that look exactly like people but due to thier decreased size and so that they can actually look like people (as in, no moe black and red all over), they have no weapons.

2. At the chicken farn, who deciedes witch chickens become roast chooks, and which ones become chicken salt?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 31 May 2012 - 18:49

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:What do people think of an infiltration type Neuroi, that look exactly like people but due to thier decreased size and so that they can actually look like people (as in, no moe black and red all over), they have no weapons.
I would love this. It ties into my 'infantry Neuroi' idea, and would really help flesh the Neuroi out. You know what would be great? If the Neuroi leave such an agent in a combat zone, pretending to be a frightened civilian kid who just lost the family, then the Witches take the 'kid' in and a whole lot of mayhem ensues. Sabotage, espionage, the whole works. The Neuroi suddenly know where and when to hit the Witches, and hit them hard. And when the game is finally rumbled, there comes a scene where the spy gets taken alive instead of being disintegrated into a million shiny pieces, and then it finally spills the secrets behind the Neuroi.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:At the chicken farn, who deciedes witch chickens become roast chooks, and which ones become chicken salt?
The farmer.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 4:31

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:What do people think of an infiltration type Neuroi, that look exactly like people but due to thier decreased size and so that they can actually look like people (as in, no moe black and red all over), they have no weapons.
I would love this. It ties into my 'infantry Neuroi' idea, and would really help flesh the Neuroi out. You know what would be great? If the Neuroi leave such an agent in a combat zone, pretending to be a frightened civilian kid who just lost the family, then the Witches take the 'kid' in and a whole lot of mayhem ensues. Sabotage, espionage, the whole works. The Neuroi suddenly know where and when to hit the Witches, and hit them hard. And when the game is finally rumbled, there comes a scene where the spy gets taken alive instead of being disintegrated into a million shiny pieces, and then it finally spills the secrets behind the Neuroi.
You did help inspire it mate Wink . I was planning on having them infiltrate and steel suplies and the like. They won't be big thinkers otherwise the EM signitures emitted by thier larger core would be quickly detected by Spectre, who can see thier EM signitures. By having a small core, they aren't bright enough for complex infiltration like you suggest, but it allows Spectre to dismiss the Gamma coming from the infiltrators as background picked up from fighting the Neuroi. (I've been thinking about how the Neuroi funtion a lot lately)

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:At the chicken farn, who deciedes witch chickens become roast chooks, and which ones become chicken salt?
The farmer.
Hmm, interesting...

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:10

1.That airborne, or more specifically, Easy Company, Would they be good candidates to model Witches on?

2. THe Neuroi, if they are drones, would it seem plausable that thier controlers, overlords, what-have-you be huminoid?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:28

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:1.That airborne, or more specifically, Easy Company, Would they be good candidates to model Witches on?

2. THe Neuroi, if they are drones, would it seem plausable that thier controlers, overlords, what-have-you be huminoid?[/quote]
1. The Screaming Eagles? I think they would be a great inspiration for a Witch unit, in light of the excellent soldiers they boasted, such as Dick Winters, Buck Compton and Bill Guarnere. You could even throw a Witch based on Herbert Sobel as a character your audience will love to hate, lol (Sobel was Jewish; her namesake might make a good nemesis for Julie). Considering they were paratroopers, perhaps you might want to make them a special group who are capable of fighting both in the air as pilots and on the ground as infantry.

2. It's certainly possible. The idea I had in mind was for the masterminds behind the Neuroi to have been organic (perhaps even similar to humans) at one point, but due to their world becoming unsustainable to life, most have transplanted their minds into mechanical bodies that range from humanoid to outright monstrous, with some going so far as to exist as mere 'brains in jars'. Neuroi cores are essentially avatars for these malevolent minds; their means of interfacing with their creations and controlling them from the safety of their lairs.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:49

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:1.That airborne, or more specifically, Easy Company, Would they be good candidates to model Witches on?

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:. THe Neuroi, if they are drones, would it seem plausable that thier controlers, overlords, what-have-you be huminoid?
1. The Screaming Eagles? I think they would be a great inspiration for a Witch unit, in light of the excellent soldiers they boasted, such as Dick Winters, Buck Compton and Bill Guarnere. You could even throw a Witch based on Herbert Sobel as a character your audience will love to hate, lol (Sobel was Jewish; her namesake might make a good nemesis for Julie). Considering they were paratroopers, perhaps you might want to make them a special group who are capable of fighting both in the air as pilots and on the ground as infantry.

2. It's certainly possible. The idea I had in mind was for the masterminds behind the Neuroi to have been organic (perhaps even similar to humans) at one point, but due to their world becoming unsustainable to life, most have transplanted their minds into mechanical bodies that range from humanoid to outright monstrous, with some going so far as to exist as mere 'brains in jars'. Neuroi cores are essentially avatars for these malevolent minds; their means of interfacing with their creations and controlling them from the safety of their lairs.
I had just gotten the brainwave that perhaps the Easy company Witches don't use Strikers (because I was watching Band of Brothers and noticed there are a lot of them) or something like that. But I like your idea about using land and air units. And Spectre has enough people to hate as it is. There's an Orussian, an African Liberian, any member of the Romangan millitary, the mind speaking Aussie Shiela... But another one couldn't hurt Wink.

T'would seem we're thinking on different wave lenghs about the Neuroi overlords. While it seems logical that thier home planet is pretty messed up, I don't think they'd go so far as to stick thier brains in jars. I reckon that's the reason the Neuroi are 'destroying' the land; they aren't destroying it, but harvesting it for anything that could be of use to theier overlords.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 12:29

I was thinking that teh Neuroi could be an automated interplanetary weapon that hit earth by accident. They are programed to replicate and destroy then move on. The human form neurio came from exposure to witches magic and helped some neurio begin to move beyond their programing.

Secondly what do you think of a witch being able to use something like a rail or coil gun if their magic element is electricity or magnetism. There are some designs from the 1900-1930s and even a german one in WWII, the problem was getting enough electricity to make them work. This problem would be solved by the witches magic. The plan was for the witch to have a normal gun with teh rail attachment underslung like modern grenade launchers
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 18:40

Something I've been wondering about. In-universe, who coined the term 'Neuroi'? Did the Neuroi themselves say that was what they were called (doesn't seem likely)? What does the word even mean? Puzzled

@crazyidiot78 wrote:Secondly what do you think of a witch being able to use something like a rail or coil gun if their magic element is electricity or magnetism. There are some designs from the 1900-1930s and even a german one in WWII, the problem was getting enough electricity to make them work. This problem would be solved by the witches magic. The plan was for the witch to have a normal gun with teh rail attachment underslung like modern grenade launchers
If any Witch can use a rail gun, it would be Perrine. If you feel like rearming her with such an experimental weapon, or creating a fanchara with an electricity-based power who can use such a weapon, go right ahead.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:T'would seem we're thinking on different wave lenghs about the Neuroi overlords. While it seems logical that thier home planet is pretty messed up, I don't think they'd go so far as to stick thier brains in jars. I reckon that's the reason the Neuroi are 'destroying' the land; they aren't destroying it, but harvesting it for anything that could be of use to theier overlords.
I'll term the ones behind the curtain 'the Neuroi Overseers' or just 'the Overseers' for the sake of convenience.

Yeah, the 'brain in a jar' thing might be a tad extreme. I guess I was trying to emphasize how desperate the situation had become for the Overseers, and perhaps also how much of their humanity they might have lost over the years (decades? centuries?). The 'harvesting' thing is precisely what I envision as being their motive (watch Vandread if you have the time, the enemy are very Neuroi-like, and have motivations that parallel what we're discussing). While we haven't seen them do any sort of 'harvesting' in canon, methinks the world's militaries are too busy fighting the Neuroi to study their purpose, and therefore haven't discovered any of these harvesting activities. Here's two theories regarding the harvesting that I came up with.

1. The harvesting is being performed in the deep ocean, or high, high in the sky (stratosphere level). This would explain why it hasn't been observed by Earth's inhabitants. I'm personally running with the ocean. As for the exact resource being harvested, I'm thinking some sort of mineral or natural energy source.

2. The destruction being meted out by the Neuroi on Earth is being done to convert Earth into the resource they want. Neuroi weapons are radiation-based; the radiation, once it saturates Earth, perhaps turns ordinary rock or soil into some sort of substance that the Neuroi desperately require (a fuel source, perhaps). This would have rather ominous implications for practically everyone on Earth, most of all the Witches who have been exposed to the radiation on a near-daily basis during combat. Also, it would allow the more sociologically minded of us to make subtle parallels with IRL nuclear weaponry and offer some sort of veiled social commentary on that.

I like #2 better, even if I do say so myself. Razz

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 1:30

@crazyidiot78 wrote:Secondly what do you think of a witch being able to use something like a rail or coil gun if their magic element is electricity or magnetism. There are some designs from the 1900-1930s and even a german one in WWII, the problem was getting enough electricity to make them work. This problem would be solved by the witches magic. The plan was for the witch to have a normal gun with teh rail attachment underslung like modern grenade launchers
I hadn't even thought about the Witches using rail/gauss/coil weapons before, but is actually does sound plausable. I like the idea. I'd have to say either have a Witch with an electrical based power use it, or have it only usable by Witches much like thier Strikers, where it's the magnetic energy that powers the weapon.

@Nachtsider wrote:Something I've been wondering about. In-universe,
who coined the term 'Neuroi'? Did the Neuroi themselves say that was
what they were called (doesn't seem likely)? What does the word even
mean? Puzzled
Neuroi, from the anceint Latin meaning - big red and black nasty lazer thingys that are mean and nasty.
Jokes aside, I typed it into google translate, here's what happened:
Croaition to English -----> Neuroi - Neurology
Czech to English ---------> Neuroi - neuroma
Icelandic to English -----> Neuroi - Neuro
Maltese to English ------> Neuroi - Neuro
Romainian to English ---> Neuroi - neuro
Serbian to English ------> Neuroi - Neurology
Slovak to English -------> Neuroi - Neurot
Slovenian to English ---> Neuroi - Neuro
Sweedish to English ---> Neuroi - Neurol
Turkish to English ------> Neuroi - Neuron
Of coarse, it could just be a funny word, or some sort of anronym.

@Nachtsider wrote:1. The harvesting is being performed in the deep ocean, or high, high in
the sky (stratosphere level). This would explain why it hasn't been
observed by Earth's inhabitants. I'm personally running with the ocean.
As for the exact resource being harvested, I'm thinking some sort of
mineral or natural energy source.

2. The destruction being meted
out by the Neuroi on Earth is being done to convert Earth into the
resource they want. Neuroi weapons are radiation-based; the radiation,
once it saturates Earth, perhaps turns ordinary rock or soil into some
sort of substance that the Neuroi desperately require (a fuel source,
perhaps). This would have rather ominous implications for practically
everyone on Earth, most of all the Witches who have been exposed to the
radiation on a near-daily basis during combat. Also, it would allow the
more sociologically minded of us to make subtle parallels with IRL
nuclear weaponry and offer some sort of veiled social commentary on
that.

I like both options, though I favout the ocean for number one so that U-boats can plat a more important role. Maybe have some form of U-boat Striker as well. That'd be fun.
I like the radiation option as well because the Witches can be followed after the war, and how being exposed to high amounts of Gamma/UV/Microwave/what-have-you has affected them. Or are the problems already beggining to manifest in the Witches.

1. How about Captain Liberion? As a Witch or a male soldier, either one will be fun.

2. What are the Neuroi beems composed of? Are they radiation based as Nacht suggests, or do they produce a a stream of molten metal at a fraction of the speed of light, or are they plasma based?

3. Nact, you still want to proof read my SW Fics?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 16:16

Hard to see on this map from the SW Wika. But it appears to be of the Soviet Block countries.
http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Neue_Karlsland?image=SWWorld-jpg

I had no luck looking here: http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Nations

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 22:05

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Hard to see on this map from the SW Wika. But it appears to be of the Soviet Block countries.
http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Neue_Karlsland?image=SWWorld-jpg
I'd tried looking there, but aside from the fact that it's too small to make out, I can't read the language .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 0:10

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:1. How about Captain Liberion? As a Witch or a male soldier, either one will be fun.

2. What are the Neuroi beems composed of? Are they radiation based as Nacht suggests, or do they produce a a stream of molten metal at a fraction of the speed of light, or are they plasma based?

3. Nact, you still want to proof read my SW Fics?
1. Captain Liberion as a male soldier as strong as any Witch might be interesting. The most I was going to toy with, though, was Shirley dressing up as 'Captain Liberion' for Halloween.

2. My money is still on radiation, but plasma sounds likely, too.

3. Oh, totally, if you don't mind waiting for a while. Come early July, I should have all the time in the world.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 4:57

@Nachtsider wrote:1. Captain Liberion as a male soldier as strong as any Witch might be interesting. The most I was going to toy with, though, was Shirley dressing up as 'Captain Liberion' for Halloween.

2. My money is still on radiation, but plasma sounds likely, too.

3. Oh, totally, if you don't mind waiting for a while. Come early July, I should have all the time in the world.

1. Shirley dressed up as the Cappy? , that would be awsome! Please tell me either Gertrude or Perrine would dress up as the Hulk, that would make my day.

2. Dunno, about radiation now that I think about it, they did cut the Eifel Tower in half after all. What Radiation cuts steel?

3. That's cool, I had just finished the last two chapters of the story I had sent you before and fixed some of the grammer and stuff.

Also, I'm just going on a hunch here (since I wasn't game enough to follow any of the links), but was this thread about SW, or some sort of precursor to SW? http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/t857-i-think-i-found-what-people-thought-gsg-was-going-to-be-about
Also, the guest there, is he the bloke that got banned, because I remeber some talk somewhere about someone getting banned?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 5:43

1. Gertrude has the super-strength, right? She can be the Hulk. Although I predict it happening purely by accident, on account of her being too serious and straight-laced for costume parties; perhaps Fran (dressed as Loki) plays a prank that culminates in Gertrude getting covered from head to toe in pea soup or some other green-coloured food. Gertrude, enraged, then shouts: "I'll smash you, Lucchini!" and chases her around the compound. You see, nothing overt - just a veiled reference. Wink

2. What radiation cuts steel, you ask? Look no further.

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/61031-worlds-first-atomic-x-ray-laser-created

3. Send it over; I'll see if I can sneak a few reads in between study sessions.

4. Yeah, that thread was dedicated to discussing SW when it first came out, but fizzled out due to most of us being too weirded out by the subject matter at the time. The guests are almost certainly banned users, although I can't remember who; we've had a few people banned over the years. And dude, you broke my heart by linking to the thread. Sin, LoC, Tommy, Wil - all those awesome people don't post here anymore. If you'll excuse me, I'll go cry now. Sad Sad Sad

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 6:00

@Nachtsider wrote:1. Gertrude has the super-strength, right? She can be the Hulk. Although I predict it happening purely by accident, on account of her being too serious and straight-laced for costume parties; perhaps Fran (dressed as Loki) plays a prank that culminates in Gertrude getting covered from head to toe in pea soup or some other green-coloured food. Gertrude, enraged, then shouts: "I'll smash you, Lucchini!" and chases her around the compound. You see, nothing overt - just a veiled reference. Wink

2. What radiation cuts steel, you ask? Look no further.

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/61031-worlds-first-atomic-x-ray-laser-created

3. Send it over; I'll see if I can sneak a few reads in between study sessions.

4. Yeah, that thread was dedicated to discussing SW when it first came out, but fizzled out due to most of us being too weirded out by the subject matter at the time. The guests are almost certainly banned users, although I can't remember who; we've had a few people banned over the years. And dude, you broke my heart by linking to the thread. Sin, LoC, Tommy, Wil - all those awesome people don't post here anymore. If you'll excuse me, I'll go cry now.

1. I get the suspicion that your working on such a project?

2. The article didn't say anything about cutting, just measuring on the atomic scale.

3. Wilco. Might take a little while though like it did the other time

4. About the thread, I gotta admit, I hesistated in watching SW 'cause I was a bit wierded out too. Though I kind wish they had kept the swastikas, but that's just the anarcist in me that likes things sort of historically accurate.
I had wondered why I hadn't seen them around. I'd read a number of thier post but haven't seen a fresh one, or so to speak. I feel a bit sad too now, they were some good fellas from what I read from them.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 14:51

Nah, I'm not working on anything currently. But now I just might. Wink

That laser produces heat surpassing that of the sun's corona. I'd say it could cut through anything.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 18:13

@Nachtsider wrote:Nah, I'm not working on anything currently. But now I just might. Wink
I was thinking about that idea last night and brainsorming some stuff with my litte bro. So long as you can manage to get past the "how do they know who those people are in order to fress up as them?" thing, you could have Mio as Director Fury, because of the eye patch, and Perrine can play Thor because both are up themselves. I'm probably overthinking this.

@Nachtsider wrote:That laser produces heat surpassing that of the sun's corona. I'd say it could cut through anything.
You got me there, I conceed .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 1:59

No, Mio as Fury is very inspired, as is Perrine as Thor (her electrical powers only solidify the connection). I'm now wondering who will play Iron Man; Shirley would've been a good candidate, given her gearhead tendencies, but as she's Captain Amer- whoops, Captain Liberion, I'll probably pick Erica, on account of her jauntiness and tendency to live like the proverbial sloppy bachelorette.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 3:20

@Nachtsider wrote:No, Mio as Fury is very inspired, as is Perrine as Thor (her electrical powers only solidify the connection). I'm now wondering who will play Iron Man; Shirley would've been a good candidate, given her gearhead tendencies, but as she's Captain Amer- whoops, Captain Liberion, I'll probably pick Erica, on account of her jauntiness and tendency to live like the proverbial sloppy bachelorette.
I'd had that same problem with Ironman. I too had thought Shirley, but since she's Cappy, I'd went straight to the most arogant Witch I know. Seeing as how she's Thor though, Erica does seem like the next best choice. You could also go with Eila as Ironman, 'cause she's quite the smartass.
Now I wonder who Agent Romanov would be. Sanya perhaps, on acount of both of them hailing from the motherland? And the guy with the arrows, who'd be him?
And Agent (Phil) Coulson... who hasn't been picked for anything yet? Minna?

I should probably bo concentrating more on my studies than this, but what can you do, I need a break.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 5:58

I have an idea for some baddies. Basically, they are some Karlslander Comandos (The magical Witch variety, naturally) that went MIA during the first Neuroi assaults. Six years later, several fortified positions have suddnely gone dark, and no Neuroi have bben spotted in the area. The culprits... Four of the missing karlsland Commandos, who now call themselves "The Four Witches of the Apocalypse", half Witch, half Neuroi abominations. Theri estimated whereabouts are north of the Alpine defense line.

They will be going by the same names as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Drought, Famine, Pestilence, Death) and thier magically abilities basically stem from around the same area.

So far, I figure they were captured by the Neuroi and experimented on, until they became the abominations that plague the earth today.

If anyone has any ideas on how to expand or improve upon the Witches of the Apocalypse, I'm listening...

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 7:52

If you are using the new avengers movie as inspiration give the baddies staffs with a veurio core so they can fire off beams and such
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 8:21

@crazyidiot78 wrote:If you are using the new avengers movie as inspiration give the baddies staffs with a veurio core so they can fire off beams and such
I wasn't actually, but that's a good idea. I was actually listening to The Four Horsemen by Metallica, and I rembered Nacht's griping about not likeing the Neuroi as enimes, and then I remembered an idea about Witches fighting Witches... And shazzam, the Witches of the Apocalypse.

But the staff idea does sort of go along with the experimet thing. You see, the captured Witches were tortured, experimented on, and brainwashed, and only four survived. And since there is no evidence to suggest that catholicism doesn't exist, one of the surving Witches who was previously a catholic (because the Neuroi brain washing made her throw away her faith) thought that the Witches of the Apocalypse was a fitting name, and started telling the very few they allowed to live who they were.
So, I've got half Neuroi half Witch abominations with laser sticks...? Cool.

The Avengers stuff was just for Nacht's Halloween party with the Witches. Shirley as Cappy, I can't wait.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 16:38

The only close match I can think of for Hawkeye is Lynette, if only because of their marksmanship abilities from long distance.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 18:12

@MP5 wrote:The only close match I can think of for Hawkeye is Lynette, if only because of their marksmanship abilities from long distance.

Ah-ha! That's who I had forgotten, little ol' Lynne. I will admit though, I didn't know the archer dude's name, so my mind imediately went to M.A.S.H. .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 18:49

Sanya is Black Widow, no ifs ands or buts. Her shy and retiring personality is quite at odds with Black Widow's hardass nature, but I would remedy that by making Sanya a little under the weather during the Halloween party (which was more or less planned to lift her spirits), and the delirium somehow brings out a different personality we've never seen before.

The Witches of the Apocalypse thing intrigued me, up until you mentioned they were pawns of the Neuroi. Then my interest dipped somewhat. I was hoping they'd be entirely separate antagonists, perhaps a doomsday cult/anarchist group based on Aum Shinrikyo or the Order of the Solar Temple, perhaps with touches of Unit 731 thrown into the picture. I was already envisioning the pestilence character as Shino Iishi (based, of course, on Unit 731's Shiro Iishi - funny how the name Shino means 'faith', which could tie into the whole Aum/doomsday cult thing), a toxicology and biochemical warfare expert who's also a living, breathing biological weapon.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 1:55

@Nachtsider wrote:Sanya is Black Widow, no ifs ands or buts. Her shy and retiring personality is quite at odds with Black Widow's hardass nature, but I would remedy that by making Sanya a little under the weather during the Halloween party (which was more or less planned to lift her spirits), and the delirium somehow brings out a different personality we've never seen before.

The Witches of the Apocalypse thing intrigued me, up until you mentioned they were pawns of the Neuroi. Then my interest dipped somewhat. I was hoping they'd be entirely separate antagonists, perhaps a doomsday cult/anarchist group based on Aum Shinrikyo or the Order of the Solar Temple, perhaps with touches of Unit 731 thrown into the picture. I was already envisioning the pestilence character as Shino Iishi (based, of course, on Unit 731's Shiro Iishi - funny how the name Shino means 'faith', which could tie into the whole Aum/doomsday cult thing), a toxicology and biochemical warfare expert who's also a living, breathing biological weapon.
Sanya with a badass CQC fighter personality, Shirley as Cappy, Gertrude covered in pea soup. I cannot wait. And let's not forget First name: Agent, last name: Coulsen who will be played by Minna, to compliment Mio's Fury like a fine wine.

I woudln't exactly describe the WoA as pawnsas such. They work for the Neuroi, yes. They are partly Neuroi, yes. They want have no qualms killing thier former comrades, yes. However, the reason the brainwashing worked on them and not the other captured commandos, is because they felt betrayed and vengeful. They dead prisoners were willing to die for thier country, the WoA... not so much. They do not get issued orders by the Neuroi either, the work by themselves, though it advances the Neuroi cause. In summary, paws, they are not sir. Someone with similar intersts in my however, they are.

And I'll be honest, I have no idea what series you're talking about, but I had thought about a branch of the Vatican that trains thier own Witches ("Holy Witches" if I ever make 'em), and they basically believe they were sent by God to deal with the plights of Earth, starting with the Neuroi. However, they frequently disrupt other nations military activites and have shot down a few 'unholy', 'blashphemous', 'heratic', and/or 'heathen' Witches.

Dang it! Now I'll have to write profiles for the Witches of the Apocalypse and the Holy Witches. Dman this Alpin defnese story will be complicated.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 2:23

I'm not describing any fictional series, but real-life incidents. Look them up; they're fascinating, if morbidly so.

Unit 731 was a Japanese bacteriological warfare unit of WWII; its commanding general was the twisted genius, Dr. Shiro Ishii. Arguably the most heinous war criminal of the Pacific theater, Ishii conducted horrific medical experiments on prisoners and civilians, and waged biological warfare on the people of China; he escaped prosecution after the war after receiving immunity in exchange for his research (not America's finest hour).

Aum Shinrikyo was the Japanese doomsday cult that carried out the sarin gas attack at Shimonoseki Subway Station. The Order of the Solar Temple was another doomsday cult with astrological and suicidal leanings; they were notorious for eliminating, via execution style shootings, former members and anti-cult activists who opposed them.

I get a clearer picture on the Witches of the Apocalypse now, but they remain linked to the Neuroi and that diminishes my interest. I won't force you abandon them, however; go ahead and work on their bios, then run them by me. What I will do, however, is snag 'Shino Ishii', along with the Unit 731 background, as a concept for another OC of mine, and make her sufficiently different from your Pestilence Witch.

Now the idea of Vatican Witches is really intriguing me. If you make the SW world's Vatican a fiery, martial priesthood, headed by a devious, scheming strongman of a pope similar to Cardinal Richelieu, I'm sold. I'm hoping you'll name the Witches after the warrior Archangels, perhaps with a 'Mikaela' for their leader.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 2:43

@Nachtsider wrote:I get a clearer picture on the Witches of the Apocalypse now, but they remain linked to the Neuroi and that diminishes my interest. I won't force you abandon them, however; go ahead and work on their bios, then run them by me. What I will do, however, is snag 'Shino Ishii', along with the Unit 731 background, as a concept for another OC of mine, and make her sufficiently different from your Pestilence Witch.
I looks foward to hearing about her/them.
And as far as bios go, I still gotta get through Easy Company. My work is cut out for me.

@Nachtsider wrote:Now the idea of Vatican Witches is really intriguing me. If you make the SW world's Vatican a fiery, martial priesthood, headed by a devious, scheming strongman of a pope similar to Cardinal Richelieu, I'm sold. I'm hoping you'll name the Witches after the warrior Archangels, perhaps with a 'Mikaela' for their leader.
The Vatican as an evil organisation, that's origonal . Humour aside, I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead . Though it was inspired by your anti Nueroi griping just like the WoA were. I think I'l take that evil, devious, vatican idea, I was simply going to have them as arogant and self rightious wankers, but yours sounds more interesting. And perhaps 'Mikaela' will be their leader...

I gotta thank you for making that SW OC thread too, it's really helped me to plow through some ideas fo my next SW fic. Thanks a bunch mate , if you're ever in town...

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum