Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 5:58

I have an idea for some baddies. Basically, they are some Karlslander Comandos (The magical Witch variety, naturally) that went MIA during the first Neuroi assaults. Six years later, several fortified positions have suddnely gone dark, and no Neuroi have bben spotted in the area. The culprits... Four of the missing karlsland Commandos, who now call themselves "The Four Witches of the Apocalypse", half Witch, half Neuroi abominations. Theri estimated whereabouts are north of the Alpine defense line.

They will be going by the same names as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Drought, Famine, Pestilence, Death) and thier magically abilities basically stem from around the same area.

So far, I figure they were captured by the Neuroi and experimented on, until they became the abominations that plague the earth today.

If anyone has any ideas on how to expand or improve upon the Witches of the Apocalypse, I'm listening...

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions that I don't think deserve thier own thread but I need answers too anyway

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 7:52

If you are using the new avengers movie as inspiration give the baddies staffs with a veurio core so they can fire off beams and such

crazyidiot78

Forum Posts : 1534

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 8:21

@crazyidiot78 wrote:If you are using the new avengers movie as inspiration give the baddies staffs with a veurio core so they can fire off beams and such
I wasn't actually, but that's a good idea. I was actually listening to The Four Horsemen by Metallica, and I rembered Nacht's griping about not likeing the Neuroi as enimes, and then I remembered an idea about Witches fighting Witches... And shazzam, the Witches of the Apocalypse.

But the staff idea does sort of go along with the experimet thing. You see, the captured Witches were tortured, experimented on, and brainwashed, and only four survived. And since there is no evidence to suggest that catholicism doesn't exist, one of the surving Witches who was previously a catholic (because the Neuroi brain washing made her throw away her faith) thought that the Witches of the Apocalypse was a fitting name, and started telling the very few they allowed to live who they were.
So, I've got half Neuroi half Witch abominations with laser sticks...? Cool.

The Avengers stuff was just for Nacht's Halloween party with the Witches. Shirley as Cappy, I can't wait.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 16:38

The only close match I can think of for Hawkeye is Lynette, if only because of their marksmanship abilities from long distance.

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 18:12

@MP5 wrote:The only close match I can think of for Hawkeye is Lynette, if only because of their marksmanship abilities from long distance.

Ah-ha! That's who I had forgotten, little ol' Lynne. I will admit though, I didn't know the archer dude's name, so my mind imediately went to M.A.S.H. .

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 18:49

Sanya is Black Widow, no ifs ands or buts. Her shy and retiring personality is quite at odds with Black Widow's hardass nature, but I would remedy that by making Sanya a little under the weather during the Halloween party (which was more or less planned to lift her spirits), and the delirium somehow brings out a different personality we've never seen before.

The Witches of the Apocalypse thing intrigued me, up until you mentioned they were pawns of the Neuroi. Then my interest dipped somewhat. I was hoping they'd be entirely separate antagonists, perhaps a doomsday cult/anarchist group based on Aum Shinrikyo or the Order of the Solar Temple, perhaps with touches of Unit 731 thrown into the picture. I was already envisioning the pestilence character as Shino Iishi (based, of course, on Unit 731's Shiro Iishi - funny how the name Shino means 'faith', which could tie into the whole Aum/doomsday cult thing), a toxicology and biochemical warfare expert who's also a living, breathing biological weapon.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 1:55

@Nachtsider wrote:Sanya is Black Widow, no ifs ands or buts. Her shy and retiring personality is quite at odds with Black Widow's hardass nature, but I would remedy that by making Sanya a little under the weather during the Halloween party (which was more or less planned to lift her spirits), and the delirium somehow brings out a different personality we've never seen before.

The Witches of the Apocalypse thing intrigued me, up until you mentioned they were pawns of the Neuroi. Then my interest dipped somewhat. I was hoping they'd be entirely separate antagonists, perhaps a doomsday cult/anarchist group based on Aum Shinrikyo or the Order of the Solar Temple, perhaps with touches of Unit 731 thrown into the picture. I was already envisioning the pestilence character as Shino Iishi (based, of course, on Unit 731's Shiro Iishi - funny how the name Shino means 'faith', which could tie into the whole Aum/doomsday cult thing), a toxicology and biochemical warfare expert who's also a living, breathing biological weapon.
Sanya with a badass CQC fighter personality, Shirley as Cappy, Gertrude covered in pea soup. I cannot wait. And let's not forget First name: Agent, last name: Coulsen who will be played by Minna, to compliment Mio's Fury like a fine wine.

I woudln't exactly describe the WoA as pawnsas such. They work for the Neuroi, yes. They are partly Neuroi, yes. They want have no qualms killing thier former comrades, yes. However, the reason the brainwashing worked on them and not the other captured commandos, is because they felt betrayed and vengeful. They dead prisoners were willing to die for thier country, the WoA... not so much. They do not get issued orders by the Neuroi either, the work by themselves, though it advances the Neuroi cause. In summary, paws, they are not sir. Someone with similar intersts in my however, they are.

And I'll be honest, I have no idea what series you're talking about, but I had thought about a branch of the Vatican that trains thier own Witches ("Holy Witches" if I ever make 'em), and they basically believe they were sent by God to deal with the plights of Earth, starting with the Neuroi. However, they frequently disrupt other nations military activites and have shot down a few 'unholy', 'blashphemous', 'heratic', and/or 'heathen' Witches.

Dang it! Now I'll have to write profiles for the Witches of the Apocalypse and the Holy Witches. Dman this Alpin defnese story will be complicated.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 2:23

I'm not describing any fictional series, but real-life incidents. Look them up; they're fascinating, if morbidly so.

Unit 731 was a Japanese bacteriological warfare unit of WWII; its commanding general was the twisted genius, Dr. Shiro Ishii. Arguably the most heinous war criminal of the Pacific theater, Ishii conducted horrific medical experiments on prisoners and civilians, and waged biological warfare on the people of China; he escaped prosecution after the war after receiving immunity in exchange for his research (not America's finest hour).

Aum Shinrikyo was the Japanese doomsday cult that carried out the sarin gas attack at Shimonoseki Subway Station. The Order of the Solar Temple was another doomsday cult with astrological and suicidal leanings; they were notorious for eliminating, via execution style shootings, former members and anti-cult activists who opposed them.

I get a clearer picture on the Witches of the Apocalypse now, but they remain linked to the Neuroi and that diminishes my interest. I won't force you abandon them, however; go ahead and work on their bios, then run them by me. What I will do, however, is snag 'Shino Ishii', along with the Unit 731 background, as a concept for another OC of mine, and make her sufficiently different from your Pestilence Witch.

Now the idea of Vatican Witches is really intriguing me. If you make the SW world's Vatican a fiery, martial priesthood, headed by a devious, scheming strongman of a pope similar to Cardinal Richelieu, I'm sold. I'm hoping you'll name the Witches after the warrior Archangels, perhaps with a 'Mikaela' for their leader.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 2:43

@Nachtsider wrote:I get a clearer picture on the Witches of the Apocalypse now, but they remain linked to the Neuroi and that diminishes my interest. I won't force you abandon them, however; go ahead and work on their bios, then run them by me. What I will do, however, is snag 'Shino Ishii', along with the Unit 731 background, as a concept for another OC of mine, and make her sufficiently different from your Pestilence Witch.
I looks foward to hearing about her/them.
And as far as bios go, I still gotta get through Easy Company. My work is cut out for me.

@Nachtsider wrote:Now the idea of Vatican Witches is really intriguing me. If you make the SW world's Vatican a fiery, martial priesthood, headed by a devious, scheming strongman of a pope similar to Cardinal Richelieu, I'm sold. I'm hoping you'll name the Witches after the warrior Archangels, perhaps with a 'Mikaela' for their leader.
The Vatican as an evil organisation, that's origonal . Humour aside, I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead . Though it was inspired by your anti Nueroi griping just like the WoA were. I think I'l take that evil, devious, vatican idea, I was simply going to have them as arogant and self rightious wankers, but yours sounds more interesting. And perhaps 'Mikaela' will be their leader...

I gotta thank you for making that SW OC thread too, it's really helped me to plow through some ideas fo my next SW fic. Thanks a bunch mate , if you're ever in town...

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 8:00

NAtch you are a genius a strike witches version of section 13 iscariot. A female teenage version of anderson thats gonna be cool.
crazyidiot78

Male

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 8:17

Alrighty, I have been studying for exams, and as I am sure many will know, sometimes there and are panic attacks involved. During one those episodes of stress induced rage/depression, I calm down by thinking up some more stuff for my fics. Do explosions and war calm me down? Yes. Am I a safe person to be around during a panic attack? Probably not.

Anyway, I rethought the Witches of the Apocalypse. Here goes...

During the initial Neuroi attack, twenty commando Witches were sent to assess, and if possible, eliminate the threat. All twenty were listed as MIA after missing their check up, and no rescue was ever sent. Three years later, 1942 four of the Witches are spotted lying in a field, and appearing badly injured, by a recon aircraft. When a recovery team arrived at the scene however, they four Witches had disappeared. Three days later, they turn up at the base the recon aircraft and recovery team had come from, appearing perfectly fine. Five hours after contact with the Karlslander Witches, the base went dark.
A team of Witches was sent to investigate, expecting the base to have fallen to the Neuroi, however they were accompanied by SS officers, as there had been no distress call had been sent, which seemed highly suspicious to Karlsland high command. When the team arrived, they did not find what they expected. Corpses lay everywhere, some with the tell-tale signs of the Neuroi beam weapons, others burnt, and even more with bullet wounds. The majority of the infrastructure remained intact, but with most of the supplies, fuel, food, weapons, and ammunition gone. Inside the communications bunker, the team found a note, it read...

We have been forgotten by our country, and forgotten by our enemies. We are soldiers with no army or country, weapons without purpose. Used and thrown away by enemy and ally alike. Now, we give ourselves purpose, we give our selves a country and an army. We will reap our vengeance on all who have cast us aside. We will not discriminate, Neuroi, Witch, soldier, man women, child, the elderly, the sick, all equally acceptable targets.

The note was signed, "Witches of the Apocalypse. Drought. Famine. Pestilence. Death."
The Witches of the Apocalypse have been spotted several times between 1942 and 1945, and each time they have been spotted, only death and destruction remain in their wake. Tensions now rise at the Alpine Defence Line as rumours of the Witches of the Apocalypse spread, rumours that say they are in the Alps, waiting for any who are foolish enough to enter, waiting for the right time to attack the defence line, or just simply waiting...

So, basically they are a bit of an anti-A-team. Nice revamp?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 17:27

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:We have been forgotten by our country, and forgotten by our enemies. We are soldiers with no army or country, weapons without purpose. Used and thrown away by enemy and ally alike. Now, we give ourselves purpose, we give our selves a country and an army. We will reap our vengeance on all who have cast us aside. We will not discriminate, Neuroi, Witch, soldier, man women, child, the elderly, the sick, all equally acceptable targets.

The note was signed, "Witches of the Apocalypse. Drought. Famine. Pestilence. Death."
Okay, you've finally sold me. The bolded part was what did the trick.

Man, I'm sure glad I started this thread. Very Happy

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 18:09

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:We have been forgotten by our country, and forgotten by our enemies. We are soldiers with no army or country, weapons without purpose. Used and thrown away by enemy and ally alike. Now, we give ourselves purpose, we give our selves a country and an army. We will reap our vengeance on all who have cast us aside. We will not discriminate, Neuroi, Witch, soldier, man women, child, the elderly, the sick, all equally acceptable targets.

Okay, you've finally sold me. The bolded part was what did the trick.

Man, I'm sure glad I started this thread. Very Happy

So you opened the SW section of the forum?

You sir just moved up my list of my Heros. Currently you are right under Bear Grylls and above Richard Winters. Above bear Grylls is Ronald Speirs follewed by James Bond.

I'm going to alter it a little more to make them seem more ruthless. And I realised that there is no comma between 'Man' and 'Woman', so if you're a transvestite (man woman), watch out, they'll be coming for you!

Oaky, now for another question...

1. Is Sanya in love with Eila? When you look at her wiki, well...
[mention][/mention] wrote:Flight Lieutenant Litvyak returned a triumphant hero. She was afforded
the liberty of obtaining long-term leave or even to step down from the
front lines if she so wished, but instead after she met briefly with her
parents she returned to the night sky. The sky which her beloved flew
in.
[mention][/mention] wrote:"Eila is very dear to me. We’re always together… because that’s just
the way it is. I didn’t even notice it until people around me told me.
But I don’t like her habit of touching other girl’s bodies like she
does! That’s not good, Eila! You never do those kinds of things to me…
Why? Just blushing won’t help me understand…"

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 23:18

CErtainly seems that way but remember that those tweets arent considered cannon but personaly I think Sanya and Elia are a pair
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 0:01

Naw, it's just a phase that both girls will grow out of. Suck it, shippers.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 1:55

@Nachtsider wrote:Naw, it's just a phase that both girls will grow out of. Suck it, shippers.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 5:39

Anyone know where I can get some info on teh Fliegerhammer that Sanya uses? I tried Googling it, but it just came up with a couple of pages about Snaya, one SW season 2 thingy, and a heap of German pages that have little to do with the weapon (they actually might, but I haven't opened them because I don't speak German)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 6:24

You won't find anything written on it, because it's not a real weapon. It never existed.

What you CAN find is articles on the weapon that the Fliegerhammer is based on - the Fliegerfaust. That thing was never used in its intended role to bring down planes from the ground, though. It apparently wound up being utilized against tanks and other ground vehicles during the Battle of Berlin.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 6:45

@Nachtsider wrote:You won't find anything written on it, because it's not a real weapon. It never existed.

What you CAN find is articles on the weapon that the Fliegerhammer is based on - the Fliegerfaust. That thing was never used in its intended role to bring down planes from the ground, though. It apparently wound up being utilized against tanks and other ground vehicles during the Battle of Berlin.
*sigh* Yeah, I found the Fliegerfaust. But I thought the Fliegerhammer was at least a prototype or something. Damn.

Question 1: What do you think about the WoA not having any familiar like the other Witches, due to it having been removed during the Neuroi experimantation/torture?

Question 2: for the Holy Witches, is it okay to give them a mix of Italian and German weapons, or should they just stick with Italian?

Question 3: Why do they call it a building when it's already built?

Question 4: Are there SW mods for Fallout 3? (my little bro recently bought it for PC, so we're basically going to go ape shit with mods, alredy hunting down some GsG stuff and I'll probably get some Aliens stuff after (if anyone can suggest any other good mods, you know who to call))

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 6:51; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling fother muckers!!!)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 6:52

1. I was never big on the familiar thing. I think it's ridiculous; a cheap excuse to cater to the catgirl fans. Do away with it by all means.

2. German weapons would actually be appropriate; a number of Holy Roman Emperors from ancient times were of German descent. Still, I don't think you should limit yourself to German. Why not weapons from other countries, too? It's not illogical that the Vatican would recruit from Catholic populations around the globe.

3. The name allows for the possibility that buildings may be expanded or renovated.

4. I dunno lol. I'm not much of a video gamer.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:01

@Nachtsider wrote:1. I was never big on the familiar thing. I think it's ridiculous; a cheap excuse to cater to the catgirl fans. Do away with it by all means.
I give it to the others so that I don't stray too far from cannon, otherwise, I agree with you. If I had my way, they would also wear pants and uniforms, and probably be a little more millitaristic, and carry spare ammo, and not be worried about how they look or stopping in the middle of a fight for some banter. Now that I think about it, I'd end up taking away most of what makes Strike Wtches, Strike Witches. It would tunr out a little more like band of Brothers.
Aw, who am I kidding, I'd leave the banter in, I love frinedly banter between rivals. As long as it's cool and not lame.

@Nachtsider wrote:2. German weapons would actually be appropriate; a number of Holy Roman Emperors from ancient times were of German descent. Still, I don't think you should limit yourself to German. Why not weapons from other countries, too? It's not illogical that the Vatican would recruit from Catholic populations around the globe.
Gotcha . THough if you can suggest some more archetypes, I'd be greatful. All I've got now are Micheal, Raffeal, and Gabriel.

@Nachtsider wrote:3. The name allows for the possibility that buildings may be expanded or renovated.
You are honestly the first person to give that rhetorical question with a seemingly legitimate answer. I can't figure out whether you're a genius or and idiot.

@Nachtsider wrote:4. I dunno lol. I'm not much of a video gamer.
Fair enough.

New batch, though these will be 5, 6, etc. for people who want to answer the previous (though, from looking at the rest of this thread, I wouldn't count on it except for maybe CI and a possible cameo by MP5)

5. The Holy Witches, should they have flowing white cloaks/capes with a not-so-ornamental sword brandishing thier hip (sor of like the knights of old)?

6. Would it be lazy of me to put "[classified]" on the WoA's psych profiles and millitary histories, because they are basically Karlsland's dirty little secret that everybody knows about?

etc. (7). Why do the Flinstones have Christmas?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:09

@Nachtsider wrote:Naw, it's just a phase that both girls will grow out of. Suck it, shippers.

That is true that teh girls will more than likely grow out of it since being a witch is probably at least some what genetic if all hte witches were lesbian than there really wouldnt be as many if any witches around in the first place. I would imagine that their closeness is a result of the situation they are thrown into, teenage hormones, and a lack of any apropriately aged males around so they latch onto each other.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:23

I have been a bit distracted lately so I havent had the time to reply until now.

1- I like your method of removing the familar aspect as it would be an area of experimentation for the Neuroi to see just how the strike witches magic works. Will this have an effect on their magic as a whole. Also I agree with natch that the creators of strike witches used familars to cater to a particular fan base.

2- Like Natch said the vatican has a global reach so I would use weapons from all over the world. Specificaly I would look to give each wich the most effective weapon out of the type you give ie- if you witch is carrying a machine gun get the best WW2 model and so on. On another note given the mentality of the group you could have them use various WMDs of WW2 atomic weapons being the first one that comes to mind. If you made them someting of a cult maybe have 1 or 2 infiltrate a Liberion project to create a liberion project to make a magical anti-neurio core bomb.

3- Can't really add much there

4- cant add much here either

5- I think it sounds kinda cool and enhances the crazy cult factor. Will they have the ability to use magic through their swords?

6- PLacing classified would be both lazy and appropriate. It works because i (Hf they are formed special ops then some of the stuff they did would be restricted. It's lazy in that we the readers actully want to know what they did. If you used it I wuold do something like blacking out the important bits like they might do in real life (as seen on TV anyway) to give the reader a tease about what they did and reveal it later as nessecary.

7- not a freaking clue, but then why did then have talking animals used as household appliances.

Oh I just had a brain fart. This would be a really cool idea for their swords you want them to have and getting their familars removed. Lets say for the sake of the arguement that the removal of their familars has weakened them magicaly and to counter act this they found magical artifacts that boost their magical power. Now these artifacts would be legendary weapons that the vactican and other groups have collected over the years. These could include- excalibur, enkadu, the sword EA, Gale buldge, ect (yes I have been watching fate stay night and fate zero recently) Each of these weapons could have a magicaly based attack as well. (hehehehe strike witches with noble phantams hehehe)

Last edited by crazyidiot78 on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:30; edited 1 time in total
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:26

@crazyidiot78 wrote:

That is true that teh girls will more than likely grow out of it since being a witch is probably at least some what genetic if all hte witches were lesbian than there really wouldnt be as many if any witches around in the first place. I would imagine that their closeness is a result of the situation they are thrown into, teenage hormones, and a lack of any apropriately aged males around so they latch onto each other.
So... Minna keeping all the blokes away to try and protect the Witches from being hurt the way she was may do more harm than good.

An example:
Major Sakamoto goes down and is killed, now Perrine is a useless wreck, and gives everyone else much more of a hard time than usual to try and cope with the loss fo losing her beloved. This impacts on moral, so not only do the Witches have to deal with the stress of losing a comrade, but this marauding, heart brocken, maniac. The stress, getting to the others who are not profesiona solders (Lynne and Yoshika mainly) snpa under all the emotional stress. Meanwhile, the profesional Witches are having to pick up the slack, are become fatigued from the additional work load, and this will show in thier prefomance. They begin to make mistakes, get injured, a couple killed, adding more and more stress. Finally the Neuroi break through the 501st, get to London, and masicre everyone.

That could all prevented by Minna letting teh Witches have a little booty call.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:39

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I give it to the others so that I don't stray too far from cannon, otherwise, I agree with you. If I had my way, they would also wear pants and uniforms, and probably be a little more millitaristic, and carry spare ammo, and not be worried about how they look or stopping in the middle of a fight for some banter. Now that I think about it, I'd end up taking away most of what makes Strike Wtches, Strike Witches. It would tunr out a little more like band of Brothers.
Aw, who am I kidding, I'd leave the banter in, I love frinedly banter between rivals. As long as it's cool and not lame.
Yeah, I'm retaining the familiars because of stupid canon, curse it. +1 on the militarism, ESPECIALLY the pants. (I'm still waiting to see solid, concrete proof that the Witches don't wear pants for a real reason in canon.) Uniforms aren't absolutely necessary, though; many pilots wore civilian garb in the cockpit. And the banter can stay; what I'd cut out is the gratuitous horseplay.

I think if I were to helm SW, I'd give it the gritty realism that Nolan gave Batman.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Gotcha . THough if you can suggest some more archetypes, I'd be greatful. All I've got now are Micheal, Raffeal, and Gabriel.
Spain, Portugal and Latin America have strong Catholic traditions; perhaps we could have recruits from there. And why not Ireland while we're at it.

Other archetypes I can think of... hmm. The Apostles, perhaps? Figures from the Old Testament? Bible's full of colourful characters you can take your pick from.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:You are honestly the first person to give that rhetorical question with a seemingly legitimate answer. I can't figure out whether you're a genius or and idiot.
That's how I roll. I love confounding people who ask odd questions when I give them straight answers. Razz

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:The Holy Witches, should they have flowing white cloaks/capes with a not-so-ornamental sword brandishing thier hip (sor of like the knights of old)?
Yeah, something that looks like a modern version of crusader armour would be very nice. As for the swords, I vote that they be weapons imbued with Witch magic, capable of slicing through a Neuroi's hull. Imagine a Holy Witch (I'm considering the term Valkyrie or Seraphim to describe them) deflecting Neuroi beams with her sword, then flying into a swarm of the tiny ones and slicing them to bits.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Would it be lazy of me to put "[classified]" on the WoA's psych profiles and millitary histories, because they are basically Karlsland's dirty little secret that everybody knows about?
In a word? Yes. Razz

Sure, this stuff is classified to the in-universe characters. But we, the readers, are behind the fourth wall. Nothing is therefore secret from us. This isn't a demand for you to work on them right away, mind you. Complete the profiles in your own time, and post them once you're done.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:etc. (7). Why do the Flinstones have Christmas?
It's unsurprising that they do, considering the series actually takes place far, far into the Earth's future and not its past.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:41

I have been a bit distracted lately so I havent had the time to reply until now.

1- I like your method of removing the familar aspect as it would be an area of experimentation for the Neuroi to see just how the strike witches magic works. Will this have an effect on their magic as a whole. Also I agree with natch that the creators of strike witches used familars to cater to a particular fan base.

2- Like Natch said the vatican has a global reach so I would use weapons from all over the world. Specificaly I would look to give each wich the most effective weapon out of the type you give ie- if you witch is carrying a machine gun get the best WW2 model and so on. On another note given the mentality of the group you could have them use various WMDs of WW2 atomic weapons being the first one that comes to mind. If you made them someting of a cult maybe have 1 or 2 infiltrate a Liberion project to create a liberion project to make a magical anti-neurio core bomb.

3- Can't really add much there

4- cant add much here either

5- I think it sounds kinda cool and enhances the crazy cult factor. Will they have the ability to use magic through their swords?

6- PLacing classified would be both lazy and appropriate. It works because i (Hf they are formed special ops then some of the stuff they did would be restricted. It's lazy in that we the readers actully want to know what they did. If you used it I wuold do something like blacking out the important bits like they might do in real life (as seen on TV anyway) to give the reader a tease about what they did and reveal it later as nessecary.

7- not a freaking clue, but then why did then have talking animals used as household appliances.

Oh I just had a brain fart. This would be a really cool idea for their swords you want them to have and getting their familars removed. Lets say for the sake of the arguement that the removal of their familars has weakened them magicaly and to counter act this they found magical artifacts that boost their magical power. Now these artifacts would be legendary weapons that the vactican and other groups have collected over the years. These could include- excalibur, enkadu, the sword EA, Gale buldge, ect (yes I have been watching fate stay night and fate zero recently) Each of these weapons could have a magicaly based attack as well. (hehehehe strike witches with noble phantams hehehe)
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:52

@crazyidiot78 wrote:I have been a bit distracted lately so I havent had the time to reply until now.
That's alright, I forgive you, and so does the Spaghetti God. Razz

@crazyidiot78 wrote:1- I like your method of removing the familar aspect as it would be an area of experimentation for the Neuroi to see just how the strike witches magic works. Will this have an effect on their magic as a whole. Also I agree with natch that the creators of strike witches used familars to cater to a particular fan base.

I'm thinking that it changes nothing with thier powers, because they will actually be fairly close to omnipitent as far as Witches go, with only Witches like Perconte and the Holy Witches being able to rival them (or the 666th and Easy Comapny combined)

@crazyidiot78 wrote:2- Like Natch said the vatican has a global reach so I would use weapons from all over the world. Specificaly I would look to give each wich the most effective weapon out of the type you give ie- if you witch is carrying a machine gun get the best WW2 model and so on. On another note given the mentality of the group you could have them use various WMDs of WW2 atomic weapons being the first one that comes to mind. If you made them someting of a cult maybe have 1 or 2 infiltrate a Liberion project to create a liberion project to make a magical anti-neurio core bomb.

They aren't a cult, just another branch of the Vatican (that very few people aside from the Pope and those directly under him have much knowledge of) that answers directly to, and only to, the Pope himself.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:3- Can't really add much there

Dat's a'ight.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:4- cant add much here either
See above. Like all good Pastafarians, I forgive you Razz

@crazyidiot78 wrote:5- I think it sounds kinda cool and enhances the crazy cult factor. Will they have the ability to use magic through their swords?

You remember Reppumaru from seaon 2? Well, their swords are nothing like that. I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking of having them be able to use thier swords to be able to 'enhance' their powers. Let's use Perrine as an example, shall we? She will use her lightning thing and electrocute everything nearby. Give her one of thier swords and some training, and then she can summon lightning from the heavens and destroy entire cities in a single strike. A little exagerated, but you get the point.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:6- PLacing classified would be both lazy and appropriate. It works because if they are formed special ops then some of the stuff they did would be restricted. It's lazy in that we the readers actully want to know what they did. If you used it I wuold do something like blacking out the important bits like they might do in real life (as seen on TV anyway) to give the reader a tease about what they did and reveal it later as nessecary.

Good point.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:7- not a freaking clue, but then why did then have talking animals used as household appliances.
Because ther is no electricity.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I give it to the
others so that I don't stray too far from cannon, otherwise, I agree
with you. If I had my way, they would also wear pants and uniforms, and
probably be a little more millitaristic, and carry spare ammo,
and not be worried about how they look or stopping in the middle of a
fight for some banter. Now that I think about it, I'd end up taking away
most of what makes Strike Wtches, Strike Witches. It would tunr out a
little more like band of Brothers.
Yeah,
I'm retaining the familiars because of stupid canon, curse it. +1 on
the militarism, ESPECIALLY the pants. (I'm still waiting to see solid,
concrete proof that the Witches don't wear pants for a real reason in
canon.) Uniforms aren't absolutely necessary, though; many pilots wore
civilian garb in the cockpit. And the banter can stay; what I'd cut out
is the gratuitous horseplay.

I think if I were to helm SW, I'd give it the gritty realism that Nolan gave Batman.
I was thinking that you give them a uniform specific to Witches (you would think they'd have one by now since the war has been going on for nearly six years) more as a symbol for the people, something to make a Witch stick out when walking down the street, something for the people to rally behind.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Gotcha . THough if you can suggest some more archetypes, I'd be greatful. All I've got now are Micheal, Raffeal, and Gabriel.
Spain,
Portugal and Latin America have strong Catholic traditions; perhaps we
could have recruits from there. And why not Ireland while we're at it.

Other
archetypes I can think of... hmm. The Apostles, perhaps? Figures from
the Old Testament? Bible's full of colourful characters you can take
your pick from.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:You are honestly the first person to give that rhetorical question with a seemingly legitimate answer. I can't figure out whether you're a genius or and idiot.
That's how I roll. I love confounding people who ask odd questions when I give them straight answers. Razz
I'm gonn alay on my sida and rotate, because that's how I roll.

@Nachtsider wrote:
[mention]Destroyer
of Worlds ;D[/mention] wrote:
The Holy Witches, should they have flowing white
cloaks/capes with a not-so-ornamental sword brandishing thier hip (sor
of like the knights of old)?
Yeah, something that looks like a
modern version of crusader armour would be very nice. As for the
swords, I vote that they be weapons imbued with Witch magic, capable of
slicing through a Neuroi's hull. Imagine a Holy Witch (I'm considering
the term Valkyrie or Seraphim to describe them) deflecting Neuroi beams
with her sword, then flying into a swarm of the tiny ones and slicing
them to bits.

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Would it be lazy of
me to put "[classified]" on the WoA's psych profiles and millitary
histories, because they are basically Karlsland's dirty little secret
that everybody knows about?
In a word? Yes. Razz

Sure,
this stuff is classified to the in-universe characters. But we, the
readers, are behind the fourth wall. Nothing is therefore secret from
us. This isn't a demand for you to work on them right away, mind you.
Complete the profiles in your own time, and post them once you're done.
Like CI, you makes a good point. Truth be told, I'm struggling to think up something for thier past, i'm even thinking of having them unregognasable from thier former selves. Maybe not, that sounds a bit... cliched?

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:etc. (7). Why do the Flinstones have Christmas?
It's
unsurprising that they do, considering the series actually takes place
far, far into the Earth's future and not its past.
The next time you try and answer a rhetorical question, I will kill you with a rusty spork, sheathed in a smelly sock!

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 8:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The text for nacht's stuff is FUBAR!)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 23:32

I was thinking for the Holy Witches, that I'd have them in some sort of magically enhanced armour that is actually invulnerable to Neuroi beams. Am I going to far with that sort of thing? (They aren't covered head to toe, just torso, and a bit on the arms and legs)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:14

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking for the Holy Witches, that I'd have them in some sort of magically enhanced armour that is actually invulnerable to Neuroi beams. Am I going to far with that sort of thing? (They aren't covered head to toe, just torso, and a bit on the arms and legs)

I like it. i think armor persay is to far i would have them carry an old fashioned shield of some sort. You could make them holy relics of some sort. Nail of Helena, shroud of turin, etc
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:23

@crazyidiot78 wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I was thinking for the Holy Witches, that I'd have them in some sort of magically enhanced armour that is actually invulnerable to Neuroi beams. Am I going to far with that sort of thing? (They aren't covered head to toe, just torso, and a bit on the arms and legs)

I like it. i think armor persay is to far i would have them carry an old fashioned shield of some sort. You could make them holy relics of some sort. Nail of Helena, shroud of turin, etc
I like it.

I might have them wear just regular armour as thier dress uniform then instead of in combat, because I've already thought up some stuff about the armour that I'd hate to waste.

"... steel boots clanged on the marble floor, alerting everyone in the chamber to the Witches presence before they were in sight. The three Holy soldiers, all holdign thier pure white cloaks back with one hand, kneeled before the Pope, the steel on thier knees crashing onto the floor. The first of the Holy worrios rasied her head, "You summoned us, my lord?""

Just some basic ambience sort of stuff, but I'd like to be able to keep it in.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:56

works for me hehehehe I keep getting a mental image of a strike witch dress up like saber
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:58

@crazyidiot78 wrote:works for me hehehehe I keep getting a mental image of a strike witch dress up like saber
Who is this 'saber'? I am intrigued.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 1:11

[youtube][/youtube]

Saber is a character from Fate/ stay night a visual novel. She is summoned by the main character as a servant to fight in an on going magical free for all where the winner takes the holy grail and gets one wish. Did I forget to mention that she is a feminized version of king arthur. She wears a femine knights armor and wields excalibur which is surrounded by air cuttents making the blade invisable and it has an anti-fortress level attack.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 1:17

@crazyidiot78 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Saber is a character from Fate/ stay night a visual novel. She is summoned by the main character as a servant to fight in an on going magical free for all where the winner takes the holy grail and gets one wish. Did I forget to mention that she is a feminized version of king arthur. She wears a femine knights armor and wields excalibur which is surrounded by air cuttents making the blade invisable and it has an anti-fortress level attack.
Actually, that's not too far from what I had thought up. Just give her some greaves (wich I think are the armour on the wrist) and have her clothing pure white and gold, with a pure white cloak, and you got their dress unifrom just about pegged.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 4:39

here's the concept I got for the Holy Witches, lemme know what you think...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During the summer of 1541, Pope Paul III commissioned a unique section of the Vatican, devoted to the hunting and persecution of witches. However, what makes this section unique, was not its purpose, as there were many such sections, but its members, all of who were devout Catholics, who despite their piousness, possessed similar powers to the heretic witches they hunted. They were known as the Holy Witches, and answered directly to His Holiness.

Though their purpose may have changed as the centuries passed, their reputation as unforgiving Holy swords of the Vatican have not. Their motto is, “It is not our place to judge, we are simply a means through which the Lord may meet those he judges.” Throughout the centuries, they have also gained access to a repertoire of powerful magical artefacts that they use to defeat their foes, such as The Caduceus, Excalibur, and The Seal of Solomon.

After the arrival of the Neuroi, the Holy Witches were tasked with eliminating them. However, as power of the Vatican outweighs that of the world’s militaries (in the eyes of the Holy Witches), they have been known to fire upon nearby soldiers, Witches, aircraft and tanks for interfering in official Vatican business.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:20

OH DOW- FYI greaves are armor for the legs it would be gauntlets for the arms

First off I like your idea but I would tweak a few things. I would not have the power of the vatican outweighing hte worlds military, in strike witches the world is uniting against the Neuroi and would be able to put pressure against the vatican. However the Vatican has been around much longer as such they would have infiltrated all levels of government, so they can work around the new military units covering up that which Vatican wants to remain secrect. This would also allow them to get any and all supplies the holy witches need.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 1:10

@crazyidiot78 wrote:OH DOW- FYI greaves are armor for the legs it would be gauntlets for the arms
Gorrammit! How could I make such a mistake.

@crazyidiot78 wrote:First off I like your idea but I would tweak a few things. I would not have the power of the vatican outweighing hte worlds military, in strike witches the world is uniting against the Neuroi and would be able to put pressure against the vatican. However the Vatican has been around much longer as such they would have infiltrated all levels of government, so they can work around the new military units covering up that which Vatican wants to remain secrect. This would also allow them to get any and all supplies the holy witches need.
Alrighty, taking that on board.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 6:29

Okay, here's the revamped Holy Witches thingy...

During the summer of 1541, Pope Paul III commissioned a unique section of the Vatican, devoted to the hunting and persecution of witches. However, what makes this section unique, was not its purpose, as there were many such sections, but its members, all of who were devout Catholics, who despite their piousness, possessed similar powers to the heretic witches they hunted. They were known as the Holy Witches, and answered directly to His Holiness.

Though their purpose may have changed as the centuries passed, their reputation as unforgiving Holy swords of the Vatican have not. Their motto is, “It is not our place to judge, we are simply a means through which the Lord may meet those he judges.” Throughout the centuries, they have also gained access to a repertoire of powerful magical artefacts that they use to defeat their foes, such as The Caduceus, Excalibur, and The Seal of Solomon.

After the arrival of the Neuroi, the Holy Witches were tasked with eliminating them. However, as the Holy Witches see themselves and the church as a higher authority than all other nations, and due to the Vatican having connections and agents within all the systems of government of the world’s super powers, including the non-catholic states such as Orussia and the Fuso Empire, the Holy Witches are able get past most military restrictions and units without incident. They are also able to ‘remove’ other combatants from any fight they are engaged in through any means necessary and get away with it because of how deeply the Vatican is involved in the world’s affairs.

Is that better or worse?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 17:12

Nice, that does sound much better and i think it will make the story much more interesting. Althougth I would make there movements in the non catholic countries more difficult than in the catholic countries.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 20:21

@crazyidiot78 wrote:...Althougth I would make there movements in the non catholic countries more difficult than in the catholic countries.
I plan on keeping them in Eurpoe to tell the truth, and maybe going to Africa and the Middle East, but that's as far as they'll go. ANd things will be more difficult in Orussia and the Middle East, because as far as we know, Stalin is in power, and he's pretty against the whole 'religion' thing, and the Middle East, well, there haven't been several crusdaes there for no reason, and it's not like those crusades haven't left a negative impresion.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 20:22

Nice I'm looking forward to it
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 20:27

@crazyidiot78 wrote:Nice I'm looking forward to it
Might be quite a wait, amigo. That's all I'm saying for now.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 18:39

Did the Tiger tanks have thier own unit, or did they play more of a support role for other units? I'm just wondering how to put some Tiger Heavy Strikers to work is all.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 18:52

It seemed to me that the tiger unit was more of a support type role the heavy artillery so to speak
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 21:45

@crazyidiot78 wrote:It seemed to me that the tiger unit was more of a support type role the heavy artillery so to speak

I see... . I just wanted to know beause I plan on having Tough Nut requisition a heap of stuff from Karlsland to help with the Alpine defensive, Tiger Heavy Strikers, Acht Acht 8.8cm guns, V2 missiles, and some other heavy hitting stuff. Most of it is declined due to it being required for work on their coast. So instead they sent in the Bismark for support. I know it doesn't make sense, but shit's pretty much hitting the fan all over the place, messages get muddled, and it allows me to make tough nut go on a rage

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 22:16

Am I the only person that has noticed that at the start of the anime, it says something along the lines of... "and witches from all over the world to fight the neuroi using these new Striker units, and make up the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, but are commonly known as Strike Witches." Now that seems a little inconsistant considering there are at least a dozen other connonnical JFWs. And I could be wrong, but there is referrence to Strikers during that crisis in Fuso where the Neuroi attacked via the ocean, but they didn't know them as the Neuroi then.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 9:44

What do you call a Witch from Australis? An Australisian? An Australisite? What?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 19:04

A Sheila. Razz

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 19:29

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 23:16

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Am I the only person that has noticed that at the start of the anime, it says something along the lines of... "and witches from all over the world to fight the neuroi using these new Striker units, and make up the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, but are commonly known as Strike Witches." Now that seems a little inconsistant considering there are at least a dozen other connonnical JFWs. And I could be wrong, but there is referrence to Strikers during that crisis in Fuso where the Neuroi attacked via the ocean, but they didn't know them as the Neuroi then.
Perhaps the 501st was the pioneering international outfit operating the Striker units. Yoshika's dad was the inventor of the units, so it makes sense that Fuso was able to field them first before sharing the tech with other nations.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 16 Jun 2012 - 23:54

@Nachtsider wrote:A Sheila. Razz

In all seriousness though, she's from Western Australis, so what do I call her?

@Nachtsider wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Am I the only person
that has noticed that at the start of the anime, it says something
along the lines of... "and witches from all over the world to fight the
neuroi using these new Striker units, and make up the 501st Joint
Fighter Wing, but are commonly known as Strike Witches." Now that seems a
little inconsistant considering there are at least a dozen other
connonnical JFWs. And I could be wrong, but there is referrence to
Strikers during that crisis in Fuso where the Neuroi attacked via the
ocean, but they didn't know them as the Neuroi then.
Perhaps the 501st was the pioneering international
outfit operating the Striker units. Yoshika's dad was the inventor of
the units, so it makes sense that Fuso was able to field them first
before sharing the tech with other nations.
That does make a bit of sense.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 0:27

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:

In the end, I think "Australian/Australisian" would still apply.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 0:28

@MP5 wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:

In the end, I think "Australian/Australisian" would still apply.
M'kay then.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 17 Jun 2012 - 4:11

Is there some sort of derogatory term for the Neuroi? I want to have Guarnere say "Fuckin' Neuroi" and then spit on the desintergrating machine at the end of a battle, but it doesn't have the same righ to it that something like "Fuckin' Jerries" or "Fuckin' Krauts" would if they were fighting the Nazis.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 7:05

Okay, it would seem there si no derogatory term for Neuroi. (You would think so considering that the Neuroi want to destroy the human race and humans hate them and all that, but meh.)

Anyway, Barkhorn and Hartmann are both 16 during 1945, but they seem to have been around since the beggining of the war. That would have made them at least 11 when they were recruited (assuming they were recruited at the beginning of the war). So what do fols think the recruitment age for Witches is?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 7:40

I reckon they're recruited as soon as they can use their magic.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 18:02

@Nachtsider wrote:I reckon they're recruited as soon as they can use their magic.
Hmm ... I see. THis raises a further question, when would you suppose that is? I can't have Sobel training little tykes, but I don't want them to be too old either, otherwise the shit Sobel puts them through may not seem so extreme.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 18:18

I think you should run with Sobel going extreme on a bunch of kids. This is a war, not prep school and fun on the playground; they've got to harden up or die. Plus, this would be the perfect excuse to reference FMJ to your heart's content.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 2:27

@Nachtsider wrote:I think you should run with Sobel going extreme on a bunch of kids. This is a war, not prep school and fun on the playground; they've got to harden up or die. Plus, this would be the perfect excuse to reference FMJ to your heart's content.
I can see Sobel screaming, "How tall are you?!"
"Sir, four foot two, sir!
"Four foot two?! I didn't realise they piled shit that high!!

S'pose I could also feature a WWII equivilant of the 4077 (M.A.S.H.)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum