haircuts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

haircuts

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 12:19

Hey guys,

Because of some actual thoughts, i was thinking a bit about our cyborgs. To be precisely, i was thinking about their hair.
Well, in the Manga we see most of our heroines nearly always with the same haircut during the years in the manga.

In my universe they are a bit more human like and so perhaps have growing hair too and can grow-out their hair-cut.

What do you think about that?

Background of this is that i'm considering to give Emilie a new hair-style or haircut.
From her usual long and loose hair toperhaps to a hime cut like Mio's (her grown-up model):

Or perhaps a bit more like the hair Rea Sanka from Sankarea:

I think both would fit Emilie's style as well as her actual cut.

Last edited by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: haircuts

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 13:51

I hold the opinion that the girl's hair is artificial and the color and length are set at the time of initial conversion.

That being said, I don't see a reason why their hair length, color and style can't be changed, though I expect this is not done on a regular basis.

Kara undergoes a bit of a "refit" between Pactio and The Next Generation, though I did this to account for the fact that her physical model (Chiaki Kudou) changed her hair color from black to reddish-brown over the past few years and she now often wears it with slight curls.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:09; edited 1 time in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:05

Each girl is different, so her hair would be different too. Differences are there because of what they are born with: texture, colour, thickness, and follicle pore shape that gives you - straight, wavy, curly or kinky hair. Then there is preference which denotes how they wear it and with what.

Rachel will mostly wear it straight out and tied up - bangs with pony tail since her hair is smooth, black and straight. Francesca wears it all out and loose but some times puts it in a pony tail as her hair is red, semi wavy/straight, and a little course than smooth. Juanita, though not a cyborg, but being African American Decent, her hair is kink, black and course, though she likes to wear it straight which means she spends a lot of time with lye relaxers and hot iron comb to straighten that out. If anything, Juanita is just one extreme on what's done with her hair. I doubt the others have to go through that.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:17

as petra has shown you can give them whatever hairstyle you want,it really is a case of 'pimp my cyborg!'

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:25

I guess all's fair in the fanfiction realm, so I while it may be true that their hair is set, maybe one can play with this notion a bit. Growing hair sounds cool. head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1975

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:35

@Awinnell wrote:as petra has shown you can give them whatever hairstyle you want,it really is a case of 'pimp my cyborg!'

Yes, Petrushka has worn different hair styles. She's also worn a blonde wig.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:54

Well, Emilie more or less is a complete copy of her former self, into the littlest detail, even the haircut and color of the hair. I dare say it was Etienne's wish.

Hmm, i think i go with that option, perhaps not the hair ornament and perhaps instead the bangs asymmetrically cut (one side cheek-length, other side not existing) two or none bangs cut to cheek-length.
Still unsure there, but sure about the rest, the two strands in front of the ears and everything behind the ears.

Any ideas or solutions there?

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 16:38

I seem to remember a discussion later in the manga between Hilshire and Triela about the latter's hair getting longer and ready for a cut... so I personally think the hair grows.

That said, it became something of a running joke a little while ago that, no matter what situation I drew her in, Monty's hair was always perfect. To which I offered this solution:

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 16:43

LMAO!@Alfisti

One of the best ones yet.
As for running the brush... egads! Francesca's hair stays in places because of the 1000 brush strokes she gives it every night!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 16:53

Canon only provides one glimpse of a cyborg getting a haircut, but it does not reveal whether the hair grows on its own or not.

Chapter 11

Triela talks about the possiblity of cutting hers, but that still does nothing to answer the question.

Chapter 22
@ElfenMagix wrote: Francesca's hair stays in places because of the 1000 brush strokes she gives it every night!
Marisa: Elio threatened to give me 1000 brush strokes after that little "accident" with a flame thrower and the hedges at the VIP building...but I don't think he was talking about my hair.

I saw a werewolf drinking a PiŮa Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 19:11

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Chapter 11
That was Priscilla right?
Sigh, as much as she was attached to her, i really can imagine she again would cut hair, this time that of the franco-belgian cyborg Emilie (which Pris always sees as Angelica's reincarnation).

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 1:26

@Alfisti wrote:
you got me with the hair being more profitable than limbs. God one, mate.

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 16:06

Damn, Jethro doesn't mess around: "... throw her in the deep end straight up and see if she swims..." Cool! Razz

Both hair styles look good Schas, although I sort of incline a bit more towards Rea Sanka. head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 0:51

@tremec6speed wrote:Damn, Jethro doesn't mess around: "... throw her in the deep end straight up and see if she swims..." Cool! Razz
Yeah, Jethro was not one of the handlers who arrived at the SWA with a "My cyborg is also a child to be nurtured, looked after and helped along" attitude, in fact I'm fairly certain his first response on being told he'd be working with children would not have been positive.

Fortunately if Jethro's anything he's adaptable, and Monty has wormed her way into his affections.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 7:47

Hm. Henrietta got a haircut in the anime, too.

The snips of Angelica's hair that Silla's taking seem awfully small, as if she knows every bit of hair is gone forever. I'm leaning toward Kisk's notion that the kids' hair, like their bodies, doesn't grow. We never see the kids' hairstyles get longer, even though we've watched them for years. Ditto manicures.

And, maybe I'm reading too much into the scene - I often do that - but, wasn't Triela's offer to cut her hair for Hilshire a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, as if there was a second meaning to it? The doc certainly thought so. The sort of offer one might get from a certain sort of girlfriend...
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1889

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 8:05

@Thescarredman wrote:Hm. Henrietta got a haircut in the anime, too.

The snips of Angelica's hair that Silla's taking seem awfully small, as if she knows every bit of hair is gone forever. I'm leaning toward Kisk's notion that the kids' hair, like their bodies, doesn't grow. We never see the kids' hairstyles get longer, even though we've watched them for years. Ditto manicures.

And, maybe I'm reading too much into the scene - I often do that - but, wasn't Triela's offer to cut her hair for Hilshire a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, as if there was a second meaning to it? The doc certainly thought so. The sort of offer one might get from a certain sort of girlfriend...
Why do I get the horrible feeling that you are implying Triela asked Hillshire if he wants her to get a brazilain?

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 11:12

@Thescarredman wrote:And, maybe I'm reading too much into the scene - I often do that - but, wasn't Triela's offer to cut her hair for Hilshire a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, as if there was a second meaning to it? The doc certainly thought so. The sort of offer one might get from a certain sort of girlfriend...

Sounds plausible when you consider that both Rachelle Belleut and Roberta Guellfi had short hair...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 11:30

@Thescarredman wrote:And, maybe I'm reading too much into the scene - I often do that - but, wasn't Triela's offer to cut her hair for Hilshire a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, as if there was a second meaning to it? The doc certainly thought so. The sort of offer one might get from a certain sort of girlfriend...

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Why do I get the horrible feeling that you are implying Triela asked Hillshire if he wants her to get a brazilain?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 15:19

Err, no, DoW.

Kisk, didn't this happen before she knew about either of those women? I was only saying that certain girls depend on their boyfriends to supply their self-image; certainly in many cyborg/handler relationships, the 'girl' is supersensitive to her handler's perception of her. I don't think it's a particularly healthy aspect of an adult relationship, but it happens.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 17:38

Well, perhaps the girl's haircuts are a reflection of their handler's tastes or they are not and just being haircuts, that is really speculative as well as for the question if their is able to grow (which I believe since I see them as more human-like than others of you).

I for myself just let this question rest and work with them how they look like.
Except for my OCs, Emilie in particular, her original haircut (she received with conversion) is a 1:1 copy of the one she had before, the long, well-cared shock of hair of a wealthy daughter.

And by the way, I finally decided Emilie will get a new haircut by Priscilla.
It's nearly the one of Rea from Sankarea, but with changes. In Emi's case it will be a symmetrical cut, so left and right side are identical.

(Actual scans of the Manga Sankarea)

I described it that way: Emilie blushed lightly by that comment, but still watched her new hairstyle in the mirror, the straight forehead bangs cut to just barely above the eyelids, the thin sidebangs on height of her beautiful smile, strands of long hair in front of the ears and the high tied ponytail with that dark red ribbon.

Last edited by Schaschanist on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:06; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : replaced links)

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 17:59

Elio: Bloody hell, Emilie! Put some knickers on...there are men present!

Ahem...okay, back to serious mode; different hairstyles can represent different attitudes for the character too. My Marisa always keeps her hair in two tight braids. They're practical, low maintenance and keep the hair out of her face. Only when she goes on vacation does she untie her familiar hairstyle.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 18:20

@Professor Voodoo wrote:

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Ahem...okay, back to serious mode; different hairstyles can represent different attitudes for the character too. My Marisa always keeps her hair in two tight braids. They're practical, low maintenance and keep the hair out of her face. Only when she goes on vacation does she untie her familiar hairstyle.
I kinda went that way with the hair styles too: Mercedes has long, slightly untamed hair, as she is kinda care free and mischevious. Whereas Victoria's is short (between two and three inches) and neat, reflecting her militaristic discipline.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 18:22

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Sorry for that, Voodoo. It seems like Rea enjoys her new freedom and does not wear any underwear lately.... Complete opposite to Emi in that point, she is extremely shy and would rather die. sweat

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Ahem...okay, back to serious mode; different hairstyles can represent different attitudes for the character too. My Marisa always keeps her hair in two tight braids. They're practical, low maintenance and keep the hair out of her face. Only when she goes on vacation does she untie her familiar hairstyle.
Heh, Emi's hair is no low-maintenance cut, washing, drying and brushing needs alot of time, but depending on her noble personality she has no problem with that. Razz

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 19:22

Laine: "Well if you ever need your hair cut, Kara, I found the perfect set of clippers."

Kara: *BANG!*

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 26 Jun 2012 - 20:10

@Kiskaloo wrote:Laine: "Well if you ever need your hair cut, Kara, I found the perfect set of clippers."

Kara:

Absolutely incredible. What next, Bugatti blowdryers?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 1:58

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
I kinda went that way with the hair styles too: Mercedes has long, slightly untamed hair, as she is kinda care free and mischevious. Whereas Victoria's is short (between two and three inches) and neat, reflecting her militaristic discipline.
Sorry, I didn't get to finish what I was saying because I hnearly missed the bus .

Anyway, about the hair representing the attitudes: I'd say what you plan to give Emilie shows that she can have fun, but is also a no-nonsense kind of person. But that's just my opinion.

I still think it would look good on her.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 2:10

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Why do I get the horrible feeling that you are implying Triela asked Hillshire if he wants her to get a brazilain?
If they did have hair down there, itís a safe bet its real. I mean seriously, what possible reason could the SWA have for giving someone fake pubes. Puzzled

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 2:15

@Danjo3 wrote:
If they did have hair down there, itís a safe bet its real. I mean seriously, what possible reason could the SWA have for giving someone fake pubes. Puzzled
I think I crossed enough lines by making the joke, so I'd better not go there.

Ah, to hell with it. It's actually high tensile (if thin) cable, that the cyborg can use along with their other hair to make a rope in an emergancy or to garot someone with

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 2:44

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Ah, to hell with it. It's actually high tensile (if thin) cable, that the cyborg can use along with their other hair to make a rope in an emergancy or to garot someone with
Damn, those Agency techís think of everything.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 3:14

@Danjo3 wrote:
Well, I think THIS really depends on how they were developed before.... I dare to say Cleas and Triela do have them, while Rico and Henrietta are blank pages there.
Since Emi was near to her 13th birthday, she has them as well as a period. Embarassed

But then, thinking of Petra, that would cause a interesting discussion when the 2nd gens take a shower:
Fleccia: "Err, Petra,why are you blond down there?"
Petra: "What the hell?"
Fleccia: "And i always thought you were a redhead, but now i see you are just another naive, stupid blonde."
Soni *throwing a killing gaze to Fleccia* "Hey!!!"
They think of everything but forgot the obvious. Razz

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 4:07

@Danjo3 wrote:
I've said it before; but if every bit of GsG hentai I've seen is anything to go on Louis Duvalier is a fan of bald eagles.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 4:27

@Professor Voodoo wrote:I've said it before; but if every bit of GsG hentai I've seen is anything to go on Louis Duvalier is a fan of bald eagles.
I know some people see the GSG hentai as kind of an extension of canon, but Iíve never really felt that way Ė some of that shit is pretty outlandish. In the B&B universe the girls have it (the ones who are old enough) but of course that has nothing to do with canonÖ

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 4:37

@Schaschanist wrote:But then, thinking of Petra, that would cause a interesting discussion when the 2nd gens take a shower:
Fleccia: "Err, Petra,why are you blond down there?"
Petra: "What the hell?"
Fleccia: "And i always thought you were a redhead, but now i see you are just another naive, stupid blonde."
Soni *throwing a killing gaze to Fleccia* "Hey!!!"
They think of everything but forgot the obvious. Razz
wunderbar! cheers

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 4:47

Dear God, did all that really start with something I said? This is getting way too much like the infamous 'nipples' conversation.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 4:54

@Thescarredman wrote:Dear God, did all that really start with something I said? This is getting way too much like the infamous 'nipples' conversation.
Letís face it, nothing is sacred in this forum.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 5:21

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:Dear God, did all that really start with something I said? This is getting way too much like the infamous 'nipples' conversation.
Letís face it, nothing is sacred in this forum.
Considering some of the mentally scarring things I read before joining up and after, I'm not surprised that I helped turn it into this filth considering how you guys have ppoluted my mind.

And no, nothing is sacred. Especially not on the internet.

I'm probably opening a whole new can of wroms here, but the infamous 'nipples' conversation? Do I want to know?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 5:24

@Thescarredman wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:Laine: "Well if you ever need your hair cut, Kara, I found the perfect set of clippers."

Kara:

Absolutely incredible. What next, Bugatti blowdryers?
Ferrari: Brand all the things!

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 5:49

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I'm probably opening a whole new can of wroms here, but the infamous 'nipples' conversation? Do I want to know?
I donít honestly recall that particular conversation, but it sounds pretty par for the course. Laughing

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 6:11

@Thescarredman wrote:Dear God, did all that really start with something I said?
Peruse some old threads...it's amazing how many conversations degrade into this. Usually it becomes a discussion about cyborg underwear.
This is getting way too much like the infamous 'nipples' conversation.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 6:49

ROTFL

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 7:30

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Peruse some old threads...it's amazing how many conversations degrade into this. Usually it becomes a discussion about cyborg underwear.
*shivers* some of that old stuff... just no. Even after having seen it nearly a year ago, I'm still trying to figure out how a conversation went from 'why doesn't Rico wear a dress' to 'why did Henrietta's baby making bits get removed'. Seriously, how?!

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Thoss Padania get more ka-niving every year! We must find the Croce borther nipples! Wait, I just realised what I said

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 8:14

You know, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw nipples on any anime guy.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 8:35

@Nachtsider wrote:You know, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw nipples on any anime guy.
I think just anime girls are worthy enough to go that deep into details. Razz

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 13:10

Well, I would add that the hairstyle also could be influenced by their field of work, Voodoo, not only by their character attitudes or handler's tastes.

Since Emilie with all her manners and noble behavior or elegant actings is more used for representative tasks like bodyguarding the PM on charity events, she can have a higher maintenance elegant haircut like her new "hime cut".

And in my eyes it even looks good. when worn loose without a ponytail.

Last edited by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 8:57; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 18:15

@Schaschanist wrote:And in my eyes it even looks good. when worn loose without a ponytail.
So it does. I think it actually looks better.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 20:28

I'm around the same percentage of being curious AND confused WHERE the difference is between a "bow", a "tie" and a "ribbon". Or is it a "hairband"?
Sorry, I'm helplessly overasked in this point...

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:23

Schas, the hair style is Asian more or less right? (I think), sweat Does that mean that there may be a oriental/goth make over for Emilie's room? For that matter will she be dressing in a combination oriental/goth clothing type as well? This could get interesting....
Hmm...
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:41

@tremec6speed wrote:Schas, the hair style is Asian more or less right? (I think), sweat Does that mean that there may be a oriental/goth make over for Emilie's room? For that matter will she be dressing in a combination oriental/goth clothing type as well? This could get interesting....
Hmm...
Intersting is I already had a scene in mind in which Emilie wears a black/dark red Yukata (Kimono), dressed by, whoelse could it just be, Priscilla. She sometimes uses the Belgian girl as her own dress-up doll. sweat
But I don't really see her wearing traditional japanese/chinese/asian clothes, at least not of her own.

As for the dorm room, I don't see another make-over soon, she kinda likes loves her new room, her private crypt.

But one is sure: Emilie REALLY likes her new haircut. head bang

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 5:59

@Schaschanist wrote:
I'm around the same percentage of being curious AND confused WHERE the difference is between a "bow", a "tie" and a "ribbon". Or is it a "hairband"?
Sorry, I'm helplessly overasked in this point...
Well "bow", "tie" and "ribbon" are all a bit interchangable. A hair "tie" is really anything used to tie the hair back, whether it be actually tied or elastic. A ribbon can be formed into a hair tie, and one way to do that is to tie it in a bow. A bow is just the style of the knot used. In this case it's a bow, I always picture "ribbon" as being a thinner piece of material.

As to a hair band: that's like what Henrietta uses to hold her hair back, something that actually grips the head... notably a headband can also have a bow on it as decoration, sometimes formed from ribbon. This is however, on a hairband, purely aesthetic and serves no functional purpose in retaining the hair.

Clear as mud?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 16:18

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
NO PROBLEM Jean ol bean, just leave all up to these two!

tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum