haircuts

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: haircuts

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 8:14

You know, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw nipples on any anime guy.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 8:35

@Nachtsider wrote:You know, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw nipples on any anime guy.
I think just anime girls are worthy enough to go that deep into details. Razz

Schaschanist

Forum Posts : 786

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 13:10

@Professor Voodoo wrote:Ahem...okay, back to serious mode; different hairstyles can represent different attitudes for the character too. My Marisa always keeps her hair in two tight braids. They're practical, low maintenance and keep the hair out of her face. Only when she goes on vacation does she untie her familiar hairstyle.
Well, I would add that the hairstyle also could be influenced by their field of work, Voodoo, not only by their character attitudes or handler's tastes.

Since Emilie with all her manners and noble behavior or elegant actings is more used for representative tasks like bodyguarding the PM on charity events, she can have a higher maintenance elegant haircut like her new "hime cut".

And in my eyes it even looks good. when worn loose without a ponytail.

Last edited by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 8:57; edited 1 time in total

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 18:15

@Schaschanist wrote:And in my eyes it even looks good. when worn loose without a ponytail.
So it does. I think it actually looks better.

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 20:28

I'm around the same percentage of being curious AND confused WHERE the difference is between a "bow", a "tie" and a "ribbon". Or is it a "hairband"?
Sorry, I'm helplessly overasked in this point...

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:23

Schas, the hair style is Asian more or less right? (I think), sweat Does that mean that there may be a oriental/goth make over for Emilie's room? For that matter will she be dressing in a combination oriental/goth clothing type as well? This could get interesting....
Hmm...

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1966

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:41

@tremec6speed wrote:Schas, the hair style is Asian more or less right? (I think), sweat Does that mean that there may be a oriental/goth make over for Emilie's room? For that matter will she be dressing in a combination oriental/goth clothing type as well? This could get interesting....
Hmm...
Intersting is I already had a scene in mind in which Emilie wears a black/dark red Yukata (Kimono), dressed by, whoelse could it just be, Priscilla. She sometimes uses the Belgian girl as her own dress-up doll. sweat
But I don't really see her wearing traditional japanese/chinese/asian clothes, at least not of her own.

As for the dorm room, I don't see another make-over soon, she kinda likes loves her new room, her private crypt.

But one is sure: Emilie REALLY likes her new haircut. head bang

Schaschanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 5:59

@Schaschanist wrote:
I'm around the same percentage of being curious AND confused WHERE the difference is between a "bow", a "tie" and a "ribbon". Or is it a "hairband"?
Well "bow", "tie" and "ribbon" are all a bit interchangable. A hair "tie" is really anything used to tie the hair back, whether it be actually tied or elastic. A ribbon can be formed into a hair tie, and one way to do that is to tie it in a bow. A bow is just the style of the knot used. In this case it's a bow, I always picture "ribbon" as being a thinner piece of material.

As to a hair band: that's like what Henrietta uses to hold her hair back, something that actually grips the head... notably a headband can also have a bow on it as decoration, sometimes formed from ribbon. This is however, on a hairband, purely aesthetic and serves no functional purpose in retaining the hair.

Clear as mud?

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5716

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 16:18

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:Dear God, did all that really start with something I said?
Peruse some old threads...it's amazing how many conversations degrade into this. Usually it becomes a discussion about cyborg underwear.
This is getting way too much like the infamous 'nipples' conversation.
NO PROBLEM Jean ol bean, just leave all up to these two!

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1966

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 17:36

a hair bow

a hair band

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 5:20

@Alfisti wrote:
@Schaschanist wrote:
Well "bow", "tie" and "ribbon" are all a bit interchangable. A hair "tie" is really anything used to tie the hair back, whether it be actually tied or elastic. A ribbon can be formed into a hair tie, and one way to do that is to tie it in a bow. A bow is just the style of the knot used. In this case it's a bow, I always picture "ribbon" as being a thinner piece of material.

As to a hair band: that's like what Henrietta uses to hold her hair back, something that actually grips the head... notably a headband can also have a bow on it as decoration, sometimes formed from ribbon. This is however, on a hairband, purely aesthetic and serves no functional purpose in retaining the hair.

Clear as mud?
Okay, and how do you call it when it's not tied to a bow? Ribbon? Bow? Band?
I'm somehow always about to say "hairband" like it's called similar in german.

What Henrietta wears is called "Haarreif" over here, or "alice band" like in british english.

I'm confused but I think every expression we and I named are right. My dictionary for example says "hair ribbon"or "hair-band" for it, but that's just the material itself, not the style it's tied.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 6:29

I think if it wasn't tied in a bow you could broadly call it a ribbon. It's a bit broad for what I'd define as a ribbon, but that would work.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5716

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down