what I need to write a story about...Elio going "Marisa clothes"
shopping. I can see him driving the sales girls crazy...asking a
thousand questions they couldn't possibly know the answer to then buying
everything off the discount rack.

That could be sensational.

Not could.

WOULD.

---

So in other news, Alfisti, what do you need in terms of description and personality? I can probably draw up a sketch of what I imagine their general appearance to be, if that would help in any way.

As a start, I've dressed James Spettro (former CIA agent, former, USMC Force Recon operative, veteran of two conflicts, willing to do many things (legal and illegal) to get the job done, extremely charming and classy) in a navy suit with charcoal pinstripes and a red tie, while Caterina Spettro (intelligent, enjoys ironic humor, prone to getting flustered when things don't go according to plan, courteous, extremely loyal, Holds The Line) in a white dress shirt, black slacks with gray pinstripes, and flats. Spettro's outfit is intended to be his idea of "a suit that I had lying around, sorry I couldn't smarten up some more", whereas Caterina's is intended to be a place holder until a more fixed wardrobe can be obtained.

Spettro's Baseline Rules of Being Dressed: www[remove this bracketed text].gq.com/style/grooming/200706/fashion-generation-tips-national-magazine-award
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: El Conservatore's OC Apparel Discussion Thread

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 6:02

El Conservatore wrote:So in other news, Alfisti, what do you need in terms of description and personality? I can probably draw up a sketch of what I imagine their general appearance to be, if that would help in any way.

As a start, I've dressed James Spettro (former CIA agent, former, USMC Force Recon operative, veteran of two conflicts, willing to do many things (legal and illegal) to get the job done, extremely charming and classy) in a navy suit with charcoal pinstripes and a red tie, while Caterina Spettro (intelligent, enjoys ironic humor, prone to getting flustered when things don't go according to plan, courteous, extremely loyal, Holds The Line) in a white dress shirt, black slacks with gray pinstripes, and flats. Spettro's outfit is intended to be his idea of "a suit that I had lying around, sorry I couldn't smarten up some more", whereas Caterina's is intended to be a place holder until a more fixed wardrobe can be obtained.

Spettro's Baseline Rules of Being Dressed: www[remove this bracketed text].gq.com/style/grooming/200706/fashion-generation-tips-national-magazine-award
Ok, first up it's probably only fair to give you a caveat: that offer was made when I had, not to put too fine of a point on in, significantly more time on my hands. I'm still willing to take it on, but just be aware it may take awhile as I have a few other things which need clearing first.

I'll have to take a read of the article some other time as I'm tired and it seems to go on for seven pages, which is more than I'm capable of taking in right now. The descriptions you've given me are a start, certainly I can work with the outfits and personalities. Some of the other, more basic physical attributes though would help so things like height, build, face shape (angular, round, square, heavy brow etc), hair (colour, style and facial if there is any), eyes (colour and shape, deep set... whatever) and so on. Nationality or race is also good as it can give clues to facial features and the like. How they tend to interract with others is also useful for picking poses and expressions, or even how they interract with each other. Pretty much anything you think might be useful.

Once I get an idea I'll flick some concepts to you to run an eye over... but again, just be aware I'm on the road a lot and don't always have access to a scanner.

IN COMPLETELY OTHER NEWS...

SOCKS!

I spent my morning modeling for an amature photo shoot, and among the things people commented on were how awesome my socks were (Bresciani, for those who care). They are awesome, never understimate how important socks are.

I think Jethro should have some awesome socks... somewhere amongst which I'm sure he has a set of these:

I'm also positive Monty hates them, almost as much as she hates his Fez... unfortunately when it comes to this sort of thing Jethro is a hyperactive 9 year old and she doesn't get a say. I don't actually think novelty socks would really be his thing; just bright, colourful and awesome... but the TARDIS is the TARDIS and therefore he can get away with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5754

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 8:16

1. "Might take a significant while" - That's fine. If nothing else, this'll help me get my thoughts in order.

2. "Article = Wow that's long" - Summarized as follows:

a) A turtleneck is the most flattering thing a man can wear (other than a suit)
b) A deep tan is the sexiest thing ever
c) Always wear a shirt that has a white collar
d) Always show at least an inch of cuff from under your suit jacket
e) The better you look, the more ass/money you will kick/make

3. "Good start, but defs need some other traits to work with"

a) Colonel James Spettro is fifty three years old and five feet, eleven inches tall. He has broad shoulders and very nice pecs, which should probably be accentuated. His hair used to be dark brown but is now graying. His eyes are brown as well. I imagine his face as being similar to Bendict Cumberbatch's, but being sharper and more angular at the cheek bones, and having a more squared off jaw. He is ethnically British but was born and raised in the US by second generation immigrants and is, therefore, effectively American. His body in general is still in very good shape, a holdover from his USMC days, and he is fully capable of punching the crap out of you and not breaking a sweat. He is not an innately good looking man, but he isn't ugly. What he does do is make sure he looks impeccable before he steps out the door. Add to this his talent for being extremely charming and wide knowledge base (if not necessarily the ability to put all of that knowledge into practice) and it's not uncommon for him to literally charm the socks off a pretty lady.

It's worth keeping in mind, however, that Spettro is also single-mindedly obsessive about his job and somewhat sociopathic. He currently works for the SWA because he was fired by the CIA for using a child prostitute to take down a mafia member to interrogate him, resulting in said mafia man having severe PTSD. Every single member of a terrorist cell WILL die, even if he has to track them down personally. In other missions, Spettro has had marks give him the slip, whereupon he has gone AWOL and illegally crossed borders to find them and deliver them to the CIA, disregarding the political shit-storm this causes. Rumor has it Spettro once tracked a man into North Korea, captured him, and had the cheek to send Kim Jong-il a photograph of Spettro standing directly in front of said dictator's place of residence, all in blatant defiance of current world politics. For James, completing the mission supercedes everything except the well being of the people he works with.

Speaking of which, the kid was then given several thousand dollars and currently works as a courier for a mostly-reputable package delivery service. And every member of a spec-ops team Spettro has led will tell you that despite his constant push to complete the job and do it with distinction, he also is deeply concerned about the well being of his men/women and will take every possible step to protect them without compromising the mission. He has a particular tendency for stabbing people in the eye when they hurt those under his command.

I keep imagining Spettro in dark navy, single breasted suits with pinstripes paired with dark red tie and pocket square and a white dress shirt. Still, he needs more than just that for a wardrobe.

b) Caterina Spettro is James' cyborg. She is a Series Two model, developed specifically for long-term infiltration, burglary, and ultra-low-profile assassination. She is thirteen years old and stands at 5 feet, 6 inches tall. She has dark brown hair (a la Claes) cut a quarter of the way down her back and pulled back with a black elastic band tied at neck level. True to most cyborgs, she is slight of body and can pull off the "I'm cute and harmless!" look very well. Caterina's eyes are blue and her skin is a permanent early-summer-beach-days tan. Her facial structure is distinctly European but mixed, with hints of Ireland in her cheek bones, Germany in her brow, and Italy in the jawline.

Despite most handlers choosing to abstain from a last name for their cyborgs, Caterina took James' last name due to their mission profile, which requires them to infiltrate seamlessly into institutions without being caught. It is much easier to tell a version of the truth rather than an entire lie, and so it would be much easier for them to pretend to be related if James "adopted" Caterina in real life. Caterina is incredibly honored that James would give her such a gift and, as a consequence, is extremely devoted to him. While she has been trained out of it, the first time James had a nosebleed, they are a constant fixture of his life, she went semi-ballistic.

In general, Caterina endeavors to be polite and somewhat unassuming, doing her best to stay out of trouble and, when necessary, keep the peace. Drama between the girls at Section Two is, after all, rather common place despite their close bond, and Caterina does her level best not to get sucked into it and broker a ceasefire when it becomes too much.

Contrast this with her on-the-job persona, which is distinctly no-nonsense and somewhat rude. While the typical mission profile for the team is long-term infiltration and reconnaissance, their secondary (and much more entertaining) skill set is information burglary. When breaking into a mark's home or office, Caterina becomes extremel serious and focuses hard on what she's working on, something that no doubt is influenced by Spettro's single minded devotion to the job. When a lock refuses to be opened or a computer refuses to be hacked, Caterina has a tendency to let loose a hissed stream of profanity before kicking the offending object (gently!) and trying again.

I have no idea what Caterina would wear.

4) "SOCKS!"

Those are are really excellent socks. I dunno if you mentioned this in another thread, but is Jethro a Doctor Who fan?
Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 9:18

Also, expect questions.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 9:46

I've never been one to put a great deal of stock in physical traits. Clothes tell you more about a person than their facial features do. Do you think it's something important for characterization?

I'd be more concerned if you DIDN'T ask any questions.
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 9:57

I'd agree on the clothes from the personality front... however, from a "I need to draw this person" perspective, some idea of facial features would he helpful. That said, if you're happy for me just to take a stab at it then I can do that as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:02

I would be happy if you just took a stab, yeah. The general outlines I provided are there to assist with that, but if you feel that there's a better way to go about the faces rather than what I provided, do that instead.

I haven't thanked you, by the way. So thanks for taking the time to help me with this!
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:05

El Conservatore wrote:I would be happy if you just took a stab, yeah. The general outlines I provided are there to assist with that, but if you feel that there's a better way to go about the faces rather than what I provided, do that instead.

I haven't thanked you, by the way. So thanks for taking the time to help me with this!
No worries, I enjoy doing character design, and just design in general... there's no mistake I spend so much time working up outfits, locations and environments for my own characters (and yes, part of that has to do with my own sharing of that belief that you can tell a lot about someone by how they dress, what gear they own and/or use, so on and so forth).

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:08

Sherlock Holmes uses that principle constantly. If Sherlock says it works, then it must be true!
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:11

El Conservatore wrote:Sherlock Holmes uses that principle constantly. If Sherlock says it works, then it must be true!
Heh, I spent five years at design school, you can't spend that much time trying to design for people and particular demographics/personalities etc without forming some opinion along the same lines. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:28

Alfisti wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:Sherlock Holmes uses that principle constantly. If Sherlock says it works, then it must be true!
Heh, I spent five years at design school, you can't spend that much time trying to design for people and particular demographics/personalities etc without forming some opinion along the same lines. Razz

Out of curiosity, where'd you gof or Uni? Any particular reason you studied design?
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:37

El Conservatore wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Out of curiosity, where'd you gof or Uni? Any particular reason you studied design?
Queensland University of Technology, studied Industrial Design, back when it was part of the school of Built Environment & Engineering.

Can't remember why I did design, I always liked drawing and building stuff, plus I had done a straight maths/science course at school and decided I never wanted to do any of it ever again

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:43

Alfisti wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Queensland University of Technology, studied Industrial Design, back when it was part of the school of Built Environment & Engineering.

Can't remember why I did design, I always liked drawing and building stuff, plus I had done a straight maths/science course at school and decided I never wanted to do any of it ever again

Well, Maths is always useful, so at least it won't be detrimental for your future. *shrugs*

Queensland is in Australia, yeah? Does that mean you guys are having "winter" right now? *hopes he remembers how geography works*
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 10:57

Yeah, that's Queensland in Australia, and it is indeed winter right now.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 11:00

*victory lap*

Geography win!
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 18:02

Er, so I went ahead and wrote up an opening chapter for my OCs.

Want me to post it somewhere so you can have a look? Note that I've got James in a navy suit w/ pinstripes and a navy blue polo with white collar for this bit, as they were the best I could come up with. Caterina is dressed in "Office Standard", which I imagine consists of a white shirt and black skirt, with matching stockings and shoes. I intend both outfits as placeholders for the moment under presumption of superior wardrobes to come.
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:00

El Conservatore wrote:Er, so I went ahead and wrote up an opening chapter for my OCs.

Want me to post it somewhere so you can have a look? Note that I've got James in a navy suit w/ pinstripes and a navy blue polo with white collar for this bit, as they were the best I could come up with. Caterina is dressed in "Office Standard", which I imagine consists of a white shirt and black skirt, with matching stockings and shoes. I intend both outfits as placeholders for the moment under presumption of superior wardrobes to come.
If you want to throw it up, then throw it up... we do have a library board for a reason.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:36

Well, I threw up the introduction. Premise, backstory, and interaction with each other.

http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/t3327-gunslinger-girl-special-tasks-group
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 3:40

IN COMPLETELY OTHER NEWS...

SOCKS!

I spent my morning modeling for an amature photo shoot, and among the things people commented on were how awesome my socks were (Bresciani, for those who care). They are awesome, never understimate how important socks are.

I think Jethro should have some awesome socks... somewhere amongst which I'm sure he has a set of these:

I'm also positive Monty hates them, almost as much as she hates his Fez... unfortunately when it comes to this sort of thing Jethro is a hyperactive 9 year old and she doesn't get a say. I don't actually think novelty socks would really be his thing; just bright, colourful and awesome... but the TARDIS is the TARDIS and therefore he can get away with it.
Cool socks Alfisti, does Jethro wear shoes like this gentleman too?
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 3:56

tremec6speed wrote:Cool socks Alfisti, does Jethro wear shoes like this gentleman too?
No, I don't think Jethro owns anything in a monk strap... if only because they're quite showy, enough that they're not particularly flexible in their use. Most of J+M's wardrobe needs to be able to multi-task given their space constraints.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:02

El Conservatore wrote:Er, so I went ahead and wrote up an opening chapter for my OCs.

El Conservatore wrote:Well, I threw up the introduction. Premise, backstory, and interaction with each other.

http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/t3327-gunslinger-girl-special-tasks-group

Saying that you are going to post a story on someone else's thread is so Ewww.... Its worse than SPAM! At least with SPAM you can fry it up with a couple of eggs!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:16

ElfenMagix wrote:Saying that you are going to post a story on someone else's thread is so Ewww.... Its worse than SPAM! At least with SPAM you can fry it up with a couple of eggs!
Mmm... SPAM (blech, I prefer that dog-meat roll sausage stuff fried).

Normally that sort of self-plug would wind me up too, but in this particular case the posting's ok as Conservatore's asking me to do a little work with his OCs. I've been chasing some info (interractions, back story, etc) to help me along the way with that, and that bit of story is probably the fastest route by which to get it at the moment. So in this case I it's more of a "heads up, here's what you've been asking for".

Also, you've been really quiet of late mate, I was starting to think you'd dropped off the face of the planet. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:35

Wow, I forgot all about SPAM, thanks for mentioning it Elfen, I gotta get some. O0Oo with fried eggs! Cool! head bang
I think it's great Alfisti that you volunteer to employ your great talents to help others so that we can actually see their characters!
cheers
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 12:55

Hey, by the way, would you mind if I colored whatever it is you end up drawing? Just because?

Also, for planning purposes, when do you estimate you can get the drawings done?

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 6:31

Sure, one less thing for me to do... I'll just give you line art then?

As to timeframe... call it a week or two before you start seeing preliminary stuff? I'm pushing to get the next chapter of story out (it's been entirely too long since I released a chapter, partly my own fault for moving then deciding to write the next two all in one hit), and I need to pick up a new sketch pad as the old one is full. I'll put my other project on hold for the time being.

That's "all going to plan", I might take an early stab at it if I don't feel up to editing one night or of course work could slap be in the face as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 8:03

Well if you've got a "recommended color scheme" in your head that you imagined while drawing, I certainly wouldn't be averse to that! You're more experienced with this sort of thing, after all.

Though I should give you a heads up: I keep reaching for navy blue, white, red, light orange, and pink in some arrangement as colors whenever I color things. If you design something where these colors will not work (like, for example, a cocktail dress that needs to definitely be deep emerald or some other shade of dark green), it would be nice if you could give me a heads up so I don't cock it up.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 18:25

Alfisti, by 'giving Monty a new look', you don't mean you're chucking the Mondrian dress, surely.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1865

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 18:50

El Conservatore wrote:Well if you've got a "recommended color scheme" in your head that you imagined while drawing, I certainly wouldn't be averse to that! You're more experienced with this sort of thing, after all.

Though I should give you a heads up: I keep reaching for navy blue, white, red, light orange, and pink in some arrangement as colors whenever I color things. If you design something where these colors will not work (like, for example, a cocktail dress that needs to definitely be deep emerald or some other shade of dark green), it would be nice if you could give me a heads up so I don't cock it up.
Hey, less work for me Razz I'll just do you lines then. As to colours, well they're your characters so they need to be something you're pleased with. I'll try to work pallette-neutral though so there's options. I assume by that you'd like some sort of evening wear included?

Thescarredman wrote:Alfisti, by 'giving Monty a new look', you don't mean you're chucking the Mondrian dress, surely.
Oh God no. Check the date stamp on that "first topic reminder"... this thread is almost three years old now, so that statement was well and truly pre-Mondrian. Her style has since settled down somewhat as her and Jethro's characters have become more clear in my head.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 22:01

Alfisti wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:Well if you've got a "recommended color scheme" in your head that you imagined while drawing, I certainly wouldn't be averse to that! You're more experienced with this sort of thing, after all.

Hey, less work for me Razz I'll just do you lines then. As to colours, well they're your characters so they need to be something you're pleased with. I'll try to work pallette-neutral though so there's options. I assume by that you'd like some sort of evening wear included?

Oh definitely evening wear! Part of their role is to make their way into a social group and get information be appearing to be "part of the crew" and being able to appear applicable to a high class dinner party is important. Thanks for working palette neutral! It's worth noting that you have really great color composition, so if you draw something and think "that would look really good with X and Y", please make a note. Seriously.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 1:50

Er, you're going to hate me for this, but here goes:

I have pretty much decided that Caterina needs a pair of large, super hard-core, high quality over-ear head phones. I dunno how you'd color them or design them or whatever, but I want to use them to cover up the USB ports for really undercover missions and get to use them as hard-drive or RAM space.

So... add this to my order?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 5:33

El Conservatore wrote:Er, you're going to hate me for this, but here goes:

I have pretty much decided that Caterina needs a pair of large, super hard-core, high quality over-ear head phones. I dunno how you'd color them or design them or whatever, but I want to use them to cover up the USB ports for really undercover missions and get to use them as hard-drive or RAM space.

So... add this to my order?
Hmm, it's been awhile since I've done cans... will see what I can come up with. Might I suggest something open backed so she can hear what's going on around her? (not to mention open backed just sound better... at least I think so). Did you want something like AKG K701/2s or Audio Technica ATH-W5000s? or something a bit more youthful? (Don't worry, I wouldn't subject her to Skull Candy, Bose or Dr Dre).

My current thinking is I'll bang out some sketches of your pair in their basic outfits to make sure I've got body shapes and the like correct, then take it from there.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Mon 16 Jul 2012 - 10:59

Part of the issue is, of course, being aware of ehr surroundings, but wouldn't it be nice if she had intelligent headphones that could increase and decrease the volume based on what she's doing at that time? She could have fight music!

But in all seriousness, it'd also be necessary to have these stay ON HER HEAD at all times, seeing as these headphones could be extremely useful during a mission, where she might be hanging upside down whilst breaking through a window.

Also, the K 495 NC look rather neat. The best part is that it's USB rechargable, so if the headphones run out of battery, Caterina can just plug them into her head and keep going. Very Happy

Yes please please please. I really need to see what they'd have for their "basic look", which I can then use for missions other than "breaking and entering whilst wearing black NOMEX". What's the estimate for when you can get those done (because while it would be lovely if you could have that finished within the next hour or so, I know that's completely unrealistic)?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 6:21

El Conservatore wrote:Part of the issue is, of course, being aware of ehr surroundings, but wouldn't it be nice if she had intelligent headphones that could increase and decrease the volume based on what she's doing at that time? She could have fight music!

But in all seriousness, it'd also be necessary to have these stay ON HER HEAD at all times, seeing as these headphones could be extremely useful during a mission, where she might be hanging upside down whilst breaking through a window.

Also, the K 495 NC look rather neat. The best part is that it's USB rechargable, so if the headphones run out of battery, Caterina can just plug them into her head and keep going. Very Happy

Yes please please please. I really need to see what they'd have for their "basic look", which I can then use for missions other than "breaking and entering whilst wearing black NOMEX". What's the estimate for when you can get those done (because while it would be lovely if you could have that finished within the next hour or so, I know that's completely unrealistic)?
Well, the K495 NC is an on ear can rather than an over ear, so it won't cover the USBs from all angles, but if you're happy with something like that. If she needs to wear them whilst swinging through windows however I wouldn't reccomend anything from AKG, their headbands are resonably comfortable, but not particularly tight fitting either. I used to have a set of Equation Audio RP-21s which were very snug fitting over-ear monitors, but they were wired as well.

Timeframe remains the same, hopefully I'll at least be able to do some initials this weekend. It depends on how my week goes.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 8:25

Cool, then I'll leave the headphone deal in your capable hands. It isn't impossible to get them customized in the science lab, i figure, so as long as a good baseline device is used, it should work.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 12:22

I'm not dead yet, Alfisti.
But I'll say that unemployment sucks and I need to access public internet portals since I cant afford private access for now.

Why the headphones? If you are spending that much, you might as well go for studio quality head sets. On the low end:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MDRV600

Discontinued or not, you can still get them.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 6:02

ElfenMagix wrote:I'm not dead yet, Alfisti.
But I'll say that unemployment sucks and I need to access public internet portals since I cant afford private access for now.

Why the headphones? If you are spending that much, you might as well go for studio quality head sets. On the low end:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MDRV600

Discontinued or not, you can still get them.
Well the RP21s were a studio monitor. For that money you'd want studio or audiophile grade cans, personally I prefer ones aimed at the audiophile market as there tends to be more variance in the types of sound they produce. A lot of studio headphones, for very good reason, tend to be tuned to be quite neutral. That's fine too, but there's certain ways I like my music (nice sharp attacks; floaty/airy/transparent highs and a wide soundstage... to name a few) and so tend to buy cans/amplifiers/valves to suit that.

As to why the headphones, that's probably more for El to answer.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 24 Jul 2012 - 9:34

anything is usable as long it's great!!!
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 8:29

The problem is that Caterina has written a split personality for herself. If she's on a mission, she always absolutely 100% without fail pulls her hair up in some way shape or form. This CAN be done without exposing the region behind the ears, but my observation is that it never really works well. Given that Caterina kind of has USB ports there, a nice pair of over/on ear headphones should cover those up nicely.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 9:05

"Basic" looks for El Conservatore's Caterina and James.

Suit should be pinstriped, but that I find is best left to colour work. Caterina's look is supposed to reflect what he described as the "agency uniform" a basic set of clothes issued to cyborgs when they're first activated (correct me if I'm wrong here mate), and assuming theyr handler hasn't picked up something for them previously. As such I went for something which could be easialy adapted to a lot of body shapes and sizes with a bit of alteration and, more importantly, would be suitable for all ages.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 14:10

El Conservatore wrote:Given that Caterina kind of has USB ports there, a nice pair of over/on ear headphones should cover those up nicely.
I considered that idea once...a cyborg being able to interface with external storage devices like a USB drive. My angle on it was that the other girls were a little creeped out by it; an undeniable reminder of their non-human status.
Alfisti wrote:"Basic" looks for El Conservatore's Caterina and James.
Nicely done as always. It was good of Michele Pagani to help James find a new hair stylist upon arriving in Rome.
Caterina's look is supposed to reflect what he described as the "agency uniform" a basic set of clothes issued to cyborgs when they're first activated
Something like that sounds realistic; a closet full of identical outfits in various sizes...alongside a stack of vinyl bags filled with starter toiletries. Add in a pair of trainer shoes, some piano wire & a box of 9mm rounds and your cyborg is ready for her first day!

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 15:43

El Conservatore wrote:The problem is that Caterina has written a split personality for herself. If she's on a mission, she always absolutely 100% without fail pulls her hair up in some way shape or form. This CAN be done without exposing the region behind the ears, but my observation is that it never really works well. Given that Caterina kind of has USB ports there, a nice pair of over/on ear headphones should cover those up nicely.
I would believe that the SWA would have some sort of way to filter out those with mental problems that can really screw up a mission big time, you do not want your cyborg flipping out on you when she flips into a another persona.

But there is a thing called Mission Mode which by some could define as a split persona, but in actuality is a more focused and determined set of programmed responses for the cyborg to get the job done. It is the handler that turns on and off mission mode, though some cyborgs seem to do themselves on their own.

Professor Voodoo wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:Given that Caterina kind of has USB ports there, a nice pair of over/on ear headphones should cover those up nicely.
I considered that idea once...a cyborg being able to interface with external storage devices like a USB drive. My angle on it was that the other girls were a little creeped out by it; an undeniable reminder of their non-human status.
Anything in that area o the skull brings it right up to the brain, as proven by the Cochlear Hearing Implant, where to put it in, some brain matter is removed. This is why not all deaf people would want a Cochlear Implant even though it would give them hearing.

There are cases where the operation went wrong and something happens, creating a vegetable where a deaf but otherwise fully functioning human used to be.

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:"Basic" looks for El Conservatore's Caterina and James.
Nicely done as always. It was good of Michele Pagani to help James find a new hair stylist upon arriving in Rome.
Caterina's look is supposed to reflect what he described as the "agency uniform" a basic set of clothes issued to cyborgs when they're first activated
Something like that sounds realistic; a closet full of identical outfits in various sizes...alongside a stack of vinyl bags filled with starter toiletries. Add in a pair of trainer shoes, some piano wire & a box of 9mm rounds and your cyborg is ready for her first day!
Interesting idea, but the agency does not issue out uniforms to the girls, unless its for a military function or mission they must do. The reason to this is that the girls must be imperceptible to the enemy (Padania) that they are actually hunter/killer units who are after them and must be able to fit into a crowd of people of alone looking at art in a museum. Each girl is an individual, and that will be reflected on the clothes she wears even if that clothing is given to her by her handler. She does pick and choose what she puts on that day unless the handler needs her to be in something else.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:18

ElfenMagix wrote:Interesting idea, but the agency does not issue out uniforms to the girls,
That's why he had it in quotes. Of course there are no uniforms (although the girls do have dress uniforms in Danjo's stories)...this is just a generic outfit the girls could be issued on their first day if their handler didn't have time to pick them up something. Never was it implied that they'd all go off compound together dressed the same way.

Alternately, should a girl's clothing be destroyed on a mission the medical staff could issue her a new blouse & skirt to wear back to the dorm so she doesn't have to walk back in a back-tied medical gown with her butt hanging out.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:36

Professor Voodoo wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Interesting idea, but the agency does not issue out uniforms to the girls,
That's why he had it in quotes. Of course there are no uniforms (although the girls do have dress uniforms in Danjo's stories)...this is just a generic outfit the girls could be issued on their first day if their handler didn't have time to pick them up something. Never was it implied that they'd all go off compound together dressed the same way.
Yu Aida gave them a celebratory dress uniforms in the GsG music CD Poca Felicita though Triela at times does not dress like the rest of them. But what the hell.

Professor Voodoo wrote:Alternately, should a girl's clothing be destroyed on a mission the medical staff could issue her a new blouse & skirt to wear back to the dorm so she doesn't have to walk back in a back-tied medical gown with her butt hanging out.
The girl's clothing is of the handler's responsibility. If something happens on the field, he should have some back up for her like in the luggage in the trunk of the car.

This is a must for all missions, from those lasting just a couple of hours to those lasting weeks. A handler should at least have some sort of back up in case something goes wrong for he is the leader of the mission while it is happening.

Besides, isn't Ferro and one of the pizza vans just a phone call away?

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:39

ElfenMagix wrote:Besides, isn't Ferro and one of the pizza vans just a phone call away?
As per Episode 1 & 2 of the Anime and Volume 1 of the Manga, with Henrietta hurt and bloodied her 'uniform', Jose covered her up with his jacket and he and Ferro took her into the Pizza Van to the agency swiftly.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 22:04

While it's true that clothing is the handler's responsibility, it seems unlikely to me that the Agency wouldn't have some stuff on hand as a "Oh Shit" Kit.

For one thing, it's possible for missions to reach a frequency over an extended period where there's not enough time to really do laundry (as an example, Hunters in the Dolomites), and changes of clothing would be necessary. It seems extremely implausible for anyone other than Kara (*smacked*) to pack more than a few days of clothes on short notice, so having a closet full of blouses and skirts in various sizes would be immensely useful.

As another scenario, if a fratello's mission was originally slated for three days and suddenly becomes a two week affair, The Pizza Van COULD deliver clothing, but again it seems much easier just to toss several blouses and skirts into the van and move on rather than cart about the cyborg's personal wardrobe. It would be immensely unwieldy to load Henrietta's dress collection into the Pizza Van when there are more important things like ammo, spare parts, and In-Field Cyborg Maintenance Kits to pack.

Additionally, it also seems unreasonable to ask an adult male individual to provide a full wardrobe for a 10-14 year old girl. To put it bluntly: men don't understand women's fashion. The exception to this stereotype is, of course, Alfisti, but I think many of us gentlemen can agree that if told to provide clothing for a thirteen year old girl, we'd run to the nearest female friend for assistance.

Now, while we know that Hilshire buys Triela her suits, it must also be considered that said suits are quite masculine and that Triela is probably not the best representation of the average young-teens girl. It would look immensely odd for Henrietta to wear a Triela-style suit, after all. As such, it seems quite likely that, while the handler may be asked to provide something in order to begin forming the initial emotional bond that will tie his cyborg to him, the Agency provides the first few articles of clothing. Later, when the cyborg has grown more accustomed to the situation, she may be taken by her handler to go shopping. But we also see, with Rico, how Jean basically just buys boys' clothing for her and that's that.

Elsa de Sica is an interesting case wherein she wears effeminate clothing but her handler could give less than a shit about her as an individual. I theorize that Lauro had to be prodded by Lorenzo or Ferro to take Elsa shopping, because it would be immensely awkward if she showed up to kill people in the same blouse and skirt all the time.

And on a final note, the description of "standard Agency uniform" was more intended to give you the impression that the clothing provided was like a kidificated version of what Ferro is always wearing everywhere when she's not undercover.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 22:33

it is necessary for disguise,i mean they have to wear multiple clothes for every multiple mission...
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 0:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:It was good of Michele Pagani to help James find a new hair stylist upon arriving in Rome.
Unfortunately it's a fairly standard "elder gentleman" cut...

Regards some sort of "Agency standard issue" clothing, I don't think it's a bad idea, especially when a girl has just been activated and no-one has had the opportunity to get a grasp on her personality yet. There's not much point buying a whole wardrobe only to find it doesn't suit her or she doesn't wear it a month down the track. Now, to be honest, me personally I'd probably be issuing out something a bit more suited to PT and training (on the assumption that's what a girl will be doing for her first month or so), but this is El's fanfiction take, so I'm content to play by his rules (plus, coming up with something which is "one size fits all" has it's own interesting challenges).

Now, jumping straight to hypocracy here: Monty's initial outfit was bought for her by Jethro, and basically comprised of her current "around the house (hotel?)" outfit. So a deep-vee'd white t-shirt and black pencils skirt with black flats (the red belt, neckerchief and sunglasses were added later to make it "fit to be seen in public").

Possible solution: maybe that "standard basic issue" outfit is an option? So a handler can either go out and buy outfits for his girl straight up or, for those who are lost in womens' fashion or don't care, they can option to take the standard kit and the appropriate amount will be deducted from their discretionary spending expense account.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:35

Alfisti wrote:Unfortunately it's a fairly standard "elder gentleman" cut...
I'm just poking fun. There's only so much variety that can be achieved with pencil & ink.

Possible solution: maybe that "standard basic issue" outfit is an option? So a handler can either go out and buy outfits for his girl straight up or, for those who are lost in womens' fashion or don't care, they can option to take the standard kit and the appropriate amount will be deducted from their discretionary spending expense account.
I like your earlier, simpler idea more...the Medical Dept. just has some basic outfits on hand for first day girls (and those who've come in on a stretcher, clothes mangled beyond repair).

Should a handler be genuinely incapable of picking out girls' clothes that's where Priscilla, or one of the "older sisters" like Kara can step in.

Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:57

Professor Voodoo wrote:Should a handler be genuinely incapable of picking out girls' clothes that's where Priscilla, or one of the "older sisters" like Kara can step in.

Kara: "I'd be happy to help you, signore."

Handler: "Thank you, Kara. Is there any information you need to help pick her wardrobe?"

Kara: "Just your credit limit!"

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:11

El Conservatore wrote:Elsa de Sica is an interesting case wherein she wears effeminate clothing but her handler could give less than a shit about her as an individual. I theorize that Lauro had to be prodded by Lorenzo or Ferro to take Elsa shopping, because it would be immensely awkward if she showed up to kill people in the same blouse and skirt all the time.

Every time Elsa appeared in the anime, she was wearing the same outfit. In my Elsa-centric fic, I posited that her one-and-only outfit had been picked out for her by one of tha women at the Agency (Ferro or Silla, presumably), and that she repaired and cleaned those items herself to keep anyone knowing about her wardrobe deficit.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1865

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum