El Conservatore's OC Apparel Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: El Conservatore's OC Apparel Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:18

ElfenMagix wrote:Interesting idea, but the agency does not issue out uniforms to the girls,
That's why he had it in quotes. Of course there are no uniforms (although the girls do have dress uniforms in Danjo's stories)...this is just a generic outfit the girls could be issued on their first day if their handler didn't have time to pick them up something. Never was it implied that they'd all go off compound together dressed the same way.

Alternately, should a girl's clothing be destroyed on a mission the medical staff could issue her a new blouse & skirt to wear back to the dorm so she doesn't have to walk back in a back-tied medical gown with her butt hanging out.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:36

Professor Voodoo wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Interesting idea, but the agency does not issue out uniforms to the girls,
That's why he had it in quotes. Of course there are no uniforms (although the girls do have dress uniforms in Danjo's stories)...this is just a generic outfit the girls could be issued on their first day if their handler didn't have time to pick them up something. Never was it implied that they'd all go off compound together dressed the same way.
Yu Aida gave them a celebratory dress uniforms in the GsG music CD Poca Felicita though Triela at times does not dress like the rest of them. But what the hell.

Professor Voodoo wrote:Alternately, should a girl's clothing be destroyed on a mission the medical staff could issue her a new blouse & skirt to wear back to the dorm so she doesn't have to walk back in a back-tied medical gown with her butt hanging out.
The girl's clothing is of the handler's responsibility. If something happens on the field, he should have some back up for her like in the luggage in the trunk of the car.

This is a must for all missions, from those lasting just a couple of hours to those lasting weeks. A handler should at least have some sort of back up in case something goes wrong for he is the leader of the mission while it is happening.

Besides, isn't Ferro and one of the pizza vans just a phone call away?

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 16:39

ElfenMagix wrote:Besides, isn't Ferro and one of the pizza vans just a phone call away?
As per Episode 1 & 2 of the Anime and Volume 1 of the Manga, with Henrietta hurt and bloodied her 'uniform', Jose covered her up with his jacket and he and Ferro took her into the Pizza Van to the agency swiftly.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 22:04

While it's true that clothing is the handler's responsibility, it seems unlikely to me that the Agency wouldn't have some stuff on hand as a "Oh Shit" Kit.

For one thing, it's possible for missions to reach a frequency over an extended period where there's not enough time to really do laundry (as an example, Hunters in the Dolomites), and changes of clothing would be necessary. It seems extremely implausible for anyone other than Kara (*smacked*) to pack more than a few days of clothes on short notice, so having a closet full of blouses and skirts in various sizes would be immensely useful.

As another scenario, if a fratello's mission was originally slated for three days and suddenly becomes a two week affair, The Pizza Van COULD deliver clothing, but again it seems much easier just to toss several blouses and skirts into the van and move on rather than cart about the cyborg's personal wardrobe. It would be immensely unwieldy to load Henrietta's dress collection into the Pizza Van when there are more important things like ammo, spare parts, and In-Field Cyborg Maintenance Kits to pack.

Additionally, it also seems unreasonable to ask an adult male individual to provide a full wardrobe for a 10-14 year old girl. To put it bluntly: men don't understand women's fashion. The exception to this stereotype is, of course, Alfisti, but I think many of us gentlemen can agree that if told to provide clothing for a thirteen year old girl, we'd run to the nearest female friend for assistance.

Now, while we know that Hilshire buys Triela her suits, it must also be considered that said suits are quite masculine and that Triela is probably not the best representation of the average young-teens girl. It would look immensely odd for Henrietta to wear a Triela-style suit, after all. As such, it seems quite likely that, while the handler may be asked to provide something in order to begin forming the initial emotional bond that will tie his cyborg to him, the Agency provides the first few articles of clothing. Later, when the cyborg has grown more accustomed to the situation, she may be taken by her handler to go shopping. But we also see, with Rico, how Jean basically just buys boys' clothing for her and that's that.

Elsa de Sica is an interesting case wherein she wears effeminate clothing but her handler could give less than a shit about her as an individual. I theorize that Lauro had to be prodded by Lorenzo or Ferro to take Elsa shopping, because it would be immensely awkward if she showed up to kill people in the same blouse and skirt all the time.

And on a final note, the description of "standard Agency uniform" was more intended to give you the impression that the clothing provided was like a kidificated version of what Ferro is always wearing everywhere when she's not undercover.

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 22:33

it is necessary for disguise,i mean they have to wear multiple clothes for every multiple mission...

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Forum Posts : 1169

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 0:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:It was good of Michele Pagani to help James find a new hair stylist upon arriving in Rome.
Unfortunately it's a fairly standard "elder gentleman" cut...

Regards some sort of "Agency standard issue" clothing, I don't think it's a bad idea, especially when a girl has just been activated and no-one has had the opportunity to get a grasp on her personality yet. There's not much point buying a whole wardrobe only to find it doesn't suit her or she doesn't wear it a month down the track. Now, to be honest, me personally I'd probably be issuing out something a bit more suited to PT and training (on the assumption that's what a girl will be doing for her first month or so), but this is El's fanfiction take, so I'm content to play by his rules (plus, coming up with something which is "one size fits all" has it's own interesting challenges).

Now, jumping straight to hypocracy here: Monty's initial outfit was bought for her by Jethro, and basically comprised of her current "around the house (hotel?)" outfit. So a deep-vee'd white t-shirt and black pencils skirt with black flats (the red belt, neckerchief and sunglasses were added later to make it "fit to be seen in public").

Possible solution: maybe that "standard basic issue" outfit is an option? So a handler can either go out and buy outfits for his girl straight up or, for those who are lost in womens' fashion or don't care, they can option to take the standard kit and the appropriate amount will be deducted from their discretionary spending expense account.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5752

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:35

Alfisti wrote:Unfortunately it's a fairly standard "elder gentleman" cut...
I'm just poking fun. There's only so much variety that can be achieved with pencil & ink.

Possible solution: maybe that "standard basic issue" outfit is an option? So a handler can either go out and buy outfits for his girl straight up or, for those who are lost in womens' fashion or don't care, they can option to take the standard kit and the appropriate amount will be deducted from their discretionary spending expense account.
I like your earlier, simpler idea more...the Medical Dept. just has some basic outfits on hand for first day girls (and those who've come in on a stretcher, clothes mangled beyond repair).

Should a handler be genuinely incapable of picking out girls' clothes that's where Priscilla, or one of the "older sisters" like Kara can step in.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 13:57

Professor Voodoo wrote:Should a handler be genuinely incapable of picking out girls' clothes that's where Priscilla, or one of the "older sisters" like Kara can step in.

Kara: "I'd be happy to help you, signore."

Handler: "Thank you, Kara. Is there any information you need to help pick her wardrobe?"

Kara: "Just your credit limit!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:11

El Conservatore wrote:Elsa de Sica is an interesting case wherein she wears effeminate clothing but her handler could give less than a shit about her as an individual. I theorize that Lauro had to be prodded by Lorenzo or Ferro to take Elsa shopping, because it would be immensely awkward if she showed up to kill people in the same blouse and skirt all the time.

Every time Elsa appeared in the anime, she was wearing the same outfit. In my Elsa-centric fic, I posited that her one-and-only outfit had been picked out for her by one of tha women at the Agency (Ferro or Silla, presumably), and that she repaired and cleaned those items herself to keep anyone knowing about her wardrobe deficit.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1864

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 13:07

El Conservatore wrote:While it's true that clothing is the handler's responsibility, it seems unlikely to me that the Agency wouldn't have some stuff on hand as a "Oh Shit" Kit.

For one thing, it's possible for missions to reach a frequency over an extended period where there's not enough time to really do laundry (as an example, Hunters in the Dolomites), and changes of clothing would be necessary. It seems extremely implausible for anyone other than Kara (*smacked*) to pack more than a few days of clothes on short notice, so having a closet full of blouses and skirts in various sizes would be immensely useful.

As another scenario, if a fratello's mission was originally slated for three days and suddenly becomes a two week affair, The Pizza Van COULD deliver clothing, but again it seems much easier just to toss several blouses and skirts into the van and move on rather than cart about the cyborg's personal wardrobe. It would be immensely unwieldy to load Henrietta's dress collection into the Pizza Van when there are more important things like ammo, spare parts, and In-Field Cyborg Maintenance Kits to pack.

Additionally, it also seems unreasonable to ask an adult male individual to provide a full wardrobe for a 10-14 year old girl. To put it bluntly: men don't understand women's fashion. The exception to this stereotype is, of course, Alfisti, but I think many of us gentlemen can agree that if told to provide clothing for a thirteen year old girl, we'd run to the nearest female friend for assistance.

OK, this one I'm going to hang you on from the tallest tree in Brooklyn by your toenails...

Why cant a male individual provide a full wardrobe for a 10 - 14 year old girl?

I have been a godfather to a girl 6 to 18 years of age and provided for her needs when her strung out on drugs could not. This included food, medicines, school materials, transportation, clothing, make up, beauty salons visits, and feminine hygiene products. Then I became a father for 3 more girls, most who's mothers did not give a rat's ass about them when they found out about me. And just like before, I went out and gave what the girls needed and wanted. I have went out and bought clothing, underwear, sneakers, what not because it as my responsibility as a parent and care giver. Sometimes they went with me, most of the times they did not. I find no embarrassment in buying girls clothing and putting up on the cash register's sliding board feminine hygiene products. Its what a father is being about. If you cant do this then I question your ability in being a man, for I started at 14 a very long time ago when things were different in this world.

I'm going to dare ask - if your girlfriend is sick and she asks you to go to the drug store and get her some feminine hygiene products, are you going to get them for her? If no, then you are worth being her boyfriend. Period.

This applies to the handlers 24/7 when dealing with their girls. True, they have the female staff to help them when certain female things happen, but most of the time they are out on their own. They are the ones that buys (or otherwise obtain) the girls their clothes, right down to their underwear. They are responsible for everything that happens to those girls because it is they who are going to fill out those reports and face a section why inquiry as to why they lost their cyborg. It is like a fellow police officer told me about her gun, "This is more than a gun to me, more than the babies that I had come out of me, this is part of me, it is my life."

How the handlers apply the girls wardrobe is on them. Some will have their girls all out independent like Kara. Others will have total control in what they wear like some of the younger OCs in this group. The rest lies on a mixture in between the two. There is nothing more that can be said on this matter. If a handler gets squeamish because he has to buy t-shirts and panties for his little cyborg, then what good is he elsewhere? Where else is going to get squeamish at? And to think, this 'man' has a background in law enforcement, espionage, or the military and yet he is squeamish about buying his little girl panties? Any fratello in this end of the spectrum I will dare say end up dead on their first mission.

A trusting relationship between handler and cyborg has to start somewhere. She trusts him in giving her everything she needs to function properly, that means him providing her clothing when she needs it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:52

Alfisti wrote:"Basic" looks for El Conservatore's Caterina and James.

Suit should be pinstriped, but that I find is best left to colour work. Caterina's look is supposed to reflect what he described as the "agency uniform" a basic set of clothes issued to cyborgs when they're first activated (correct me if I'm wrong here mate), and assuming theyr handler hasn't picked up something for them previously. As such I went for something which could be easialy adapted to a lot of body shapes and sizes with a bit of alteration and, more importantly, would be suitable for all ages.
Great art Alfisti! Two thumbs up! Good Good
Cool fratello, El Conservatore! cheers
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 6:28

ElfenMagix wrote:Why cant a male individual provide a full wardrobe for a 10 - 14 year old girl?

I have been a godfather to a girl 6 to 18 years of age and provided for her needs when her strung out on drugs could not. This included food, medicines, school materials, transportation, clothing, make up, beauty salons visits, and feminine hygiene products. Then I became a father for 3 more girls, most who's mothers did not give a rat's ass about them when they found out about me. And just like before, I went out and gave what the girls needed and wanted. I have went out and bought clothing, underwear, sneakers, what not because it as my responsibility as a parent and care giver. Sometimes they went with me, most of the times they did not. I find no embarrassment in buying girls clothing and putting up on the cash register's sliding board feminine hygiene products. Its what a father is being about. If you cant do this then I question your ability in being a man, for I started at 14 a very long time ago when things were different in this world.

I'm going to dare ask - if your girlfriend is sick and she asks you to go to the drug store and get her some feminine hygiene products, are you going to get them for her? If no, then you are worth being her boyfriend. Period.

This applies to the handlers 24/7 when dealing with their girls. True, they have the female staff to help them when certain female things happen, but most of the time they are out on their own. They are the ones that buys (or otherwise obtain) the girls their clothes, right down to their underwear. They are responsible for everything that happens to those girls because it is they who are going to fill out those reports and face a section why inquiry as to why they lost their cyborg. It is like a fellow police officer told me about her gun, "This is more than a gun to me, more than the babies that I had come out of me, this is part of me, it is my life."

How the handlers apply the girls wardrobe is on them. Some will have their girls all out independent like Kara. Others will have total control in what they wear like some of the younger OCs in this group. The rest lies on a mixture in between the two. There is nothing more that can be said on this matter. If a handler gets squeamish because he has to buy t-shirts and panties for his little cyborg, then what good is he elsewhere? Where else is going to get squeamish at? And to think, this 'man' has a background in law enforcement, espionage, or the military and yet he is squeamish about buying his little girl panties? Any fratello in this end of the spectrum I will dare say end up dead on their first mission.

A trusting relationship between handler and cyborg has to start somewhere. She trusts him in giving her everything she needs to function properly, that means him providing her clothing when she needs it.
While this may be true for a "good" handler, lets be honest here: not all the handlers are "good". I'm sure some of the "cyborgs as tools" camp would be quite happy for the Agency to give them a standard set of outfits to clothe their girls in, particularly during the early days. Some may come to get used to going out and buying clothing, sundries, whatever for their cyborgs, some may have trouble with it the entire time. One of the nice things about GSG is that none of the characters are perfect individuals... and that my simply run to being squeemish about buying little girls' underwear. And lets also he honest here: some of the guys there are arseholes.

Different people have different standards and means by which they go about things. That's what makes them interesting.

Either way, whether its resonable or unresonable to ask a fully grown adult male to go and buy girly underwear or not, I can see the argument for offering an "easy way out" regards clothing choices should a handler so choose... frankly I think plenty at the SWA would consider it a trivial matter, and if making things easy gets them operational cyborgs faster then... *shrugs* Would it be the right choice? Who knows, but I could see the argument being made.

...though it does reduce the opportunity for awkward hilarity. Hmm, taken from that angle, maybe there SHOULDN'T be a standard "starter kit", if only to allow an extra form of hazing. Razz

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 19:40

Marvelous rant, Elfen. I'm proud to know you.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1864

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 0:33

Helen cyborg: mister Salvatore, my clothes are getting thread bare. Do you think you could help me purchase some....
Evil Sal: What do I look like a dept. store? Here's five bucks, go get your wardrobe at the Salvation Army or go to a church, they sometimes give away stuff. Be back in a hour....
Helen !! .... But, but.....
Sal drops the little girl off on some busy street, expecting the child to figure her way around the big city alone at which point she'll be picked up at a designated spot.
She's too afraid of him to point out the stupidity of buying anything with that amount.
Weapon less, within a few minutes she happens to be spotted by Padania agents that start to walk behind her from a safe distance. Eventually she catches on just as she sees a church and enquires within where she could pick some clothing. After a series of questions about her parents, explaining how she lives with her older brother and how they are dirt poor, the priest directs Helen to another church that does have some clothes. On the way to that other church, she rushes back to the agents who open fire, but are too late to stop the fighting' cyborg who proceeds to kick their collective asses!! Wiping away most of the blood, she enters the sanctuary and comes out with a few articles and meets up with her perpetually grouchy handler.
*whew* The child thinks to herself, shopping does not seem as much fun as the other girls make it out to be! Razz
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 0:53

Gunther handler drives Ayden his weapon to a department store. Gives ger fifty euros and waits in the car. Half hour later, she comes out with two bags. In the compound, the girls gather round to see what cool skirts or shirt she bought, only to whip out two packages: one a three pack of panties and another of socks. The rest of the goods are candies, cookies and other 'survival' items! On Cloud 9
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 10:18

@Elfen:

Part of the issue matches what Al has said about not-very-good-handlers. But the issue here isn't that of embarrassment, awkwardness, or gender issues. It is that men tend to know how to buy clothing for men and, despite knowing in general what panties are and what size they need to be, that there are a massive host of variables that need to be considered that most men simply do not know exist. Additionally, assuming that the requisite measurements could be taken, which I grant they could be in a hospital setting, it is still problematic in picking not just clothing but the RIGHT clothing. The heart of the question, however, is not whether or not it is "right" to say this or whether it is a "moral" ideal, but rather an evaluation of what is realistic for the setting at hand.

Fashions change constantly, which is always a spanner in the works. Not only that, but statements taken by the Wall Street Journal for purposes of an article on the Fashion Industry indicate that the philosophy that men use to pick clothing is fundamentally different from the way women pick clothing. As a consequence, designers tailor their off-the-shelf selections much differently between their male and female lines, the most notable being that the female lines tend to emphasize layering of multiple articles, whilst men's lines tend to emphasize one or two articles of clothing per outfit. Furthermore, interviews I personally conducted with women in my circle of friends indicate that things like pants, shirts, bras, panties, etc. that we, as men, see as just "grab-and-go", are somehow infinitely more complex for women. This I do not claim to understand in any way, but every single female that I have spoken to agrees that the act of buying a pair of jeans is almost invariably a highly complex endeavor. The end result is that buying clothing for female individuals of, as I understand, any age is an endeavor that requires the juggling of a great deal more variables than most men deal with when buying clothing. It seems unreasonable to say that a man could be thrown into this without experience, having lived alone or had a girlfriend but never children, and do so competently and without committing serious gaffes that would ruin the fratello's cover.

While I understand that you were picking out clothing and purchasing things for your daughters a while back, you being a single example does not necessarily exemplify a general ability present in the wider population. A wider sample size is necessary to determine the full extent to which men, as a gender, are capable of generating wardrobes for children without outside, usually female, assistance.

It is worth noting also that, while the handlers as per Yu Aida's original canon have a wide variety of personality and character quirks, they almost universally come from a single base demographic that, as a general archetype, is not into fashion and, if they are, are usually interested in their gender and not the other. While exceptions no doubt occur, it cannot be said to any degree of convincingness that the demographic depicted, that is, the career military/police man, will be browsing fashion magazines in the local bookstore.

Exceptions are always present in a large population, and it is possible that there is a growing number of men who are extremely savvy in the field of clothing. However, current societal and cultural norms work against this and as authors, we must base or characters within a world that fits what is common and not what is ideal. It would be ideal if all men, or at least a very large number of men, were capable of purchasing clothing for women due to their good understanding of what women want and need. However, the current situation does not reflect this ideal and we, as authors, cannot bend reality to our will simply for the sake of writing.

The key points of consideration, if you did not read all of that, are this:

1. Buying clothing for females is an endeavor many times more complex than men are used to handling. It is, I feel, unreasonable to have someone to be dropped into a situation where they need to compose an entire female wardrobe and expect them to do it competently and without committing errors that would ruin the fratello's cover.

2. Characters that follow Yu Aida's canon to, at least, a fair degree fall within an archetype that, as an archetype, does not follow fashion very closely. If they do, it is almost invariably their own gender and not the opposite. This is an archetypal trait that, if the archetype is applied, must exist, or else the archetype begins to fall apart.

3. Authors that are writing in a modern (current-day) setting can not bend current norms to suit them. Despite personal feelings towards the matter, it is absolutely necessary to stay within the bounds of what is considered societally and culturally acceptable for a character's behavior and personality. Failing to do so by accident or design shows either that the author is unintentionally sending a specific message or, if the plot and other characters are rather bad, that the author is not competent. The point is not "what is the better ideal", but rather "what is realistic given the setting".

---

As a sidenote: my wifi access is not constant and I will not be able to respond rapidly. This post is being written on the coattails of a 2-hour free access pass, so it's probably not as well organized as it could be. Additionally, I move to college in a week, so I will be packing and not have time to go on the internet. If I DO get on, the responses will likely be hasty and piecemeal.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me? -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 11:29

Sorry, Elfen, but I'm going to have to go with El Conservatore and Alfisti on this one. They've already explained it in great detail, but it's worth emphasising that the handlers are almost exclusively drawn from the police and military and aren't generally the most social of sorts. The only two we've even seen with functional relationships are Marco and Victor - and one rapidly broke down under the weight of the Agency while the other's ended in a hail of bullets.

For my part, I hate clothes shopping. Hate hate HATE it. I have to be dragged to Marks & Spencer by my fingernails just to buy a new shirt... and while I understand the importance of looking smart and presentable and do make an effort in my appearance, it's nonetheless the case that picking clothes is a tiresome chore just for myself, let alone anyone else. If I was a handler, I'df jump for joy at the prospect of someone else doing the work for me!

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 5:05

We should also note that the discussion is a bit of a derailment of Alfisti's thread. would it be best to submit this to wider discussion in a separate thread?

((Also, hoorayfreewifi!!!))

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me? -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 6:09

Lol for the discussion about who buys who clothes.

In my universe Priscilla is the one who buys clothes for Emilie each time they are together in town for a trip, usually Pris sees something in the window and stuffs Emilie with it..... damn, half of her monthly payment sometimes is spend for the Belgian's wardrobe Razz

With Etienne Emilie usually looks for things she likes and Etienne just pays the bill. sweat

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:55

Ok, first round of outfit sketches for El's Caterina:

First are some slightly dressier/casual looks, modern, based on lighter fabrics:

Notes are pretty much all on the sketches.

Next are some more casual looks, bit more "youth"... and a suit.

The suit in particular was intended to mature her figure, cinching at waist and flaring to give some artificial curves. Most of these clothes of course offer a certain amount of interchangability.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 18:18

Yo.

Working on colors, you weren't kidding about the palette neutral (so many choices... *drools*). Would it be appropriate to throw those up here or in a seperate thread?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 22:01

El Conservatore wrote:Yo.

Working on colors, you weren't kidding about the palette neutral (so many choices... *drools*). Would it be appropriate to throw those up here or in a seperate thread?
If I were you I'd throw it up in your characters' thread.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 22:05

Cool. Link to you as citation then.

Thanks again for the images, Al.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 8:12

Ok, evening dress concept for El's girl again:

The intention was for something for a younger, wealthy teen in the company of a father/grandfather or other older relative. So "I'm thirteen and want to attract boys, but still be let out of the house by daddy".

Dress is made up of two pannels which spiral around the wearer, ending about 2/3 of the way down her calf. Definately to be worn with heels. I'm imagining a dark fabric, probably a satin or silk: not shiny but with a definate sheen. Diamond/rhinestone (depending on budget) detailing on the exposed shoulder, scatterd stones, dense at the fabric join then graduating back to peter out as they cross her shoulder.

Not quite what I was originally working on, but this seems to be coming together more cohesively.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 11:44

Looks interesting! I'll get colors going on that ASAP.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 15:38

Wow you designed that Alfisti? That's talent man, excellent! head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 5:44

Cheers chaps.

@Tremec: yeah, evening wear takes a bit more doing than street, but it is fun.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 13:52

Thats great Alfisti. Thumbs up and all that...

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 9:56

Actually, that bracelet might be good for Kitty....

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 6:32

El Conservatore wrote:Actually, that bracelet might be good for Kitty....
Hmm, true...

Speaking of though: I was in Montblanc the other day and thought that some of their jewlery may be fitting for her, some very simple and elegant stuff.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 9:33

Do they have an internet thing I can look at?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 16:00

head bang
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 4:10

El Conservatore wrote:Do they have an internet thing I can look at?
The short answer is yes.

The slightly longer one is that the Volupte what what I was specifically looking at, but Montblanc do some nice, less flashy stuff.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 22:42

El Conservatore wrote:Do they have an internet thing I can look at?
Also might be worth looking at Georg Jensen, who do sleek, modern stuff, generally in steel.

On a jewlery note though; I've never really pictured Monty as a jewlery type person. But I saw this In Canturi today, and thought it might fit into her small collection and style.

Canturi Cubism:

Drop earings.

Drop Pendant:

The version I saw in the boutique was white gold (to match the earrings) rather than yellow. But I can't find a picture on the interbotz for some reason.

EverFrost wrote:Must I add explosions?.......
I'm trying to work out what explosions could possibly have to do with anything discussed on here so far...

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

El Conservatore's OC Apparel Discussion Thread

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 11:19

Unfortunately, "Volupte" is rather short on bracelets. D:

But their necklaces look REALLY nice. Very Happy

I took a look at the Georg Jansen earlier, actually. They've got a mind-boggingly huge collection. I dunno about those earring, actually. She'd need longer hair, I think.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 12:47

Additional outfits for El's characters... a couple of cool weather looks for Caterina and another couple for James:

Cat's first one I imagine in a heavy wool, almost a felt: something with a bit of structure. The second is for properly chilly days: quilted with a soft leather outer and fur/fake fur dependent on taste collar.

As for James: Navy blue blazer... because every man should have a navy blue blazer. It's the masculine equivalent to the Little Black Dress, it can be dressed up or down and is good everywhere. I tried to keep this one a bit more casual than a suit jacket: so two button and patch pockets. Something in polo and shorts for summer on the coast, with white soled, non-marking deck shoes. And finally a quick jacket and turtleneck combo...

...and I think that just about does it? Were there headphones as well, or did we make a decision on those?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 12:51

I think you sent me a recommendation and I just sort of assumed that Q-branch would modify them. So no image for that. Great work, as usual!

Thoughts on James and a black trench-coat like thing?

Last edited by El Conservatore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 12:52

Looks sharp.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:01

El Conservatore wrote:I think you sent me a recommendation and I just sort of assumed that Q-branch would modify them. So no image for that. Great work, as usual!

Thoughts on James and a black trench-coat like thing?
I'll have to have a dig around for that headphone rec then. Were they the RP-21s?

Hmm, trenches...

First up a caveat: I'm not huge on black (charcoal is about as far as I get) and I think trenches need to be treated VERY carefully, particularly in dark colours. But that's just personal preference.

I think it could work though: with is general style I think you'd want something in a fabric, not leather, and able to be cinched in at the waist with a hem certainly no longer than knee length. He's broad across the chest so double bresting might work better than single as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:02

Charcoal is probably better than black, this is true. I was thinking something felt-like in texture?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:04

El Conservatore wrote:Charcoal is probably better than black, this is true. I was thinking something felt-like in texture?
Maybe a moleskin? Or yeah: a heavy wool would do as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:06

Not ever worn moleskin, so I'm not sure. Wikipedia's description is quite appealing though.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:10

I like wool, myself. Something along the lines of a Soviet Naval Officer's Great Coat.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:11

Oooh, that too.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:11

Kiskaloo wrote:I like wool, myself. Something along the lines of a Soviet Naval Officer's Great Coat.
That certainly sounds more down the lines of what El was originally speccing... though in that case with the heavier fabric it might be better to ditch a belt and just have a more structured cut.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 13:17

Well, I thought up the idea when I saw a screen-cap from this "The Godfather" spinoff videogame thing:

The khaki wouldn't work too well for James, I don't think, due to his broad chest. But if you replace the khaki with charcoal....

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 15:58

A nice old trench? Fernando has'em for his team with warm zip up layers and bullet resistant layer inside. In the GsB series, the bullets are magnetic so they button themselves. He used it to capture and wrap up somebody with it... ROTFL

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 18:08

I love the greatcoat Sean Connery wore in The Hunt for Red October, so I figure Michele has one (unlike Monty's KGB coat, I figure Michele's has the insignia removed) from his time behind the Iron Curtain.

The actual outfit he wore in the movie.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 19:17

I think Kisk's got it about right, though I'd proably ditch the military buttons and go with something made from plastic or bone. Probably the latter.

Again, looking at the picture from the videogame: not past the knees, not with everything else James wears. Otherwise you risk going right through "I have a stylish trench to "I wish I was in The Matrix".

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 19:54

Alfisti wrote:I think Kisk's got it about right, though I'd proably ditch the military buttons and go with something made from plastic or bone. Probably the latter.

Again, looking at the picture from the videogame: not past the knees, not with everything else James wears. Otherwise you risk going right through "I have a stylish trench to "I wish I was in The Matrix".

Aha, you're right. I wonder what James would look like wearing one of those big furry hats though....

In other news, you seem to have returned to the land of stable internet and free time. How's it going?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 20:26

El Conservatore wrote:
Alfisti wrote:I think Kisk's got it about right, though I'd proably ditch the military buttons and go with something made from plastic or bone. Probably the latter.

Aha, you're right. I wonder what James would look like wearing one of those big furry hats though....

Kara: "Fur hats are cool." Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 0:15

El Conservatore wrote:Aha, you're right. I wonder what James would look like wearing one of those big furry hats though....

In other news, you seem to have returned to the land of stable internet and free time. How's it going?
An Ushanka you mean?

Well, I'm home on weekends so the interbotz is stable here... it's when I'm away and on 3G that the issues crop up.

As to free time: not so much, but I've been hammering away at the next installment of J+M's story for the better part of three weeks now and needed a break for a couple of hours. Now I'm back at the story.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 9:15

On the heaphone front, another candidate might be Denon's AHD-2000. I'm borrowing a set off a mate at th emoment and they sound pretty good... unfortunately they've got a 3.5mm jack so won't plug into my head-amp, but if they sound alright out of the iPhone they should sound pretty awesome with some lossless recordings and proper ampage behind them.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 9:22

Cool, I had something round in mind as well. I think you once linked me to a rectangle-cupped model, something by Harmon-Kadon?

In any case, do you think it'd be a fairly easy modification to make the panel pop open, allowing sound to reach past the insulation?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum