A Matter Requiring Urgent Attention (Rome RPG Thread Five)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Matter Requiring Urgent Attention (Rome RPG Thread Five)

Post by Piero on Sat 9 Feb 2008 - 14:42

In this RPG thread I'm hoping to work towards the start of the first actual mission of this RPG continuity. I'd originally planned to wait a while on this, but circumstances have led me to believe that it would be a good idea to get moving on it soon. I urge all players to continue to take an interest in the earlier threads however. I don't want them to just die out now that this one is open.

For rules, please see threads two or three.

IC:
Feeble rays of afternoon sunshine filtered in through the windows of one of Section Two’s meeting rooms, playing across the surface of a large table and the faces of the personnel who were gathered around it. Scanning the dimly lit interior, Lorenzo waited as the last stragglers filtered in, then addressed the expectant crowd.

“Gentleman, thank you for coming here on such short notice. I apologise for drawing you away from your normal duties, but something has come up that demands our immediate attention. If one of you could please draw the blinds.”

As Ferro lowered the window blinds, Lorenzo clicked a button on the laptop in front of him, causing the projector that was attached to the machine to display the image of a country estate. He cleared his throat.

“This is a small estate about three hours to the south of here. According to Section One, its owner is a Padania supporter who has been using the property to support their activities. They’ve been allowing Padania to conduct activities there because they have not made use of the property for any high level operations and because they have an informant among the caretakers who has been able to feed them useful information. At least, that was the case until recently, when the informant indicated to Section One that something big was about to happen. He hadn’t been able to find out many details, but promised to report them once he did.”

The section chief eyed his assembled staff members as he continued to speak.

“Apparently Section One found it suspicious that their contact was having so much trouble finding out information on what was going on when he had not before, so they arranged a specific time for him to report back to them by. That time was early this morning, and it passed by without any word from the man. As such, Section One has requested our assistance.”

Lorenzo studied the faces of his staff for any reaction as he spoke his next words.

“In other words, we’ve been asked to investigate the informant’s disappearance and to mount a rescue operation if he is still alive. If he is not, we are to raid the estate and attempt to find out whatever we can about the developments that had him so excited. Jean, Jose, Marco, Hillshire, and Bernardo, your fratellos have been selected to carry out this mission. Jean will be in command.”

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:31; edited 3 times in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: A Matter Requiring Urgent Attention (Rome RPG Thread Five)

Post by Wileama on Sun 10 Feb 2008 - 11:18

Marcello stood quietly against the far wall for now. As the ranking FNG, and a small fry, he didn't want to risk speaking up just yet. This sounded like a big op. They would probably end up using a fair number of support personnel. He could already see himself on the perimeter, or in some radio van.

Of course Marcello was left wondering about the various angles for the mission. You could try a smash, and grab for the informant. Then again if you didn't move quickly enough, the more vindictive among the lot might kill him. Well the informant might be already. Time wasn't an ally on this one. The informant was going to be moved, and killed maybe not even in that order. It wasn't a question of if, but when. Hell in three hours the estate could be empty, save a dozen booby traps. That was unlikely, but still possible.

You could send in a small team to quietly find the informant. Then coordinate with teams outside to secure the informant, and estate in one go. Of course getting spotted would lead to all kinds of trouble. Well none of it was up to him anyway, he had to see what the people in charge wanted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 10 Feb 2008 - 13:37

Hillshire massaged his temples. So Section One is giving us their dirty work again, huh? He looked at the projection on the wall.

Missions like this were always delicate. It's like that when you have to retrieve someone. "Do we have a specific course of action for this op?"

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 10 Feb 2008 - 22:46

Lorenzo nodded to his second in command.

"Jean."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Feb 2008 - 23:30

OOC: Meh... I guess it will have to do.

IC:
Jean stood up and in his usual matter of fact way began laying out the plan of the mission:

"The op will be divided into three main stages: intel, extraction, and clean up. The first stage will commence shortly. We will covertly move to a location near the estate and establish survailance. I want to know about everything that gets in or out no matter how small.
At nightfall the second stage of the operation will commence. During this stage, one of our cyborgs will attempt to infiltrate the building and verify the wareabouts and status of the informant. If our infiltrator is compromised we will move immadiately, if she is not we will wait till she has secured the informant. Regardless of the outcome, we will attack the building in two teams and make a thorough sweep of it to ensure that no Padanians are able to escape alive. Once that is done, the clean up crew will do their work."

Those who knew Jean well thought they saw the trace of a smile on his face, or enthusiasm in his voice, but there was no way to tell for sure.

"The time for preparation is very short; In fact we're practically going in blind. Hillshire, we will be using Triela as our infiltrator. Jose, you will be leading the first assault team consisting of yourself, Henrietta, and Rico. Bernardo, you will be leading the second team consisting of yourself, Beatrice, and Angelica. Combat is expected to occur primarily in a close quarters environment, but engagements at range of up to about 150 meters are possible, so choose your equipment accordingly. Support staff assignments will be handled by Ferro. All further relevant information should be in your mission briefs. Are there any further questions?"

Editted by Piero to add additional details.

Last edited by on Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 0:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 10 Feb 2008 - 23:38

Piero waited until Jean was finished speaking, then raised his voice. He knew that what he was about to say would come across as quite unusual, given that his cyborg had begun serious training less then a week before, but he saw a valuable opportunity that he did not want to miss.

"Sir, I would like to request permission to participate in this operation."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 0:02

Jean's expression was unreadable as he studied Piero's face. Thanks to new handler's potentially useful insight as a former GIS operator, he hadn't objected when their hasty and too general summons had brought him to the mission briefing, but he hadn't been expecting the man to simply volunteer to join in the way he just had either. It seemed somewhat rash, though the man's credentials kept Jean from dismissing his suggestion outright.

"What exactly do you have in mind?" he asked. "I was under the impression your cyborg wasn't ready for a mission like this."

Editted by Piero.

Last edited by on Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 17:35; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 0:27

Piero met Jean's gaze calmly and without hostility. He knew his superior might be sceptical -indeed, he had the right to be- and was thus prepared to face his questioning.

"She's not ready to take on a combat role, nor is she ready to take on any role of significant importance without supervision. However, I believe that placing us in a support role in this mission would be a valuable opportunity for her to put the observational skills I have been teaching her into practice. Furthermore, I am a qualified sniper, so if you deployed us in an observational role I could help support your assault teams during their approach to the target building."

Piero's face hardened with determination as he continued.

"I'm confident in my ability to protect my cyborg, and I will also take measures to ensure that she doesn't compromise the safety or success of this operation. Her presence will not hinder the other operators in any way."

Last edited by on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 2:22; edited 5 times in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 10:27

Stand in post by Piero (this was originally an OOC discussion post):

Jean considered Piero's proposal for a moment, then looked to Lorenzo. Seeing a nod from the Section Chief, he turned back to the new handler.

"Very well then. You and your cyborg have permission to participate in this operation conditional to operational needs. You will be deployed in a observation and support role if the situation allows for it. Are there any other questions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 11:15

Marcello glanced down at the folder he had left close till now. What secrets do you have for me? he wondered as he began to move through it's pages. Location was the big question on his mind. It sounded like it was probably some farm, but it could just as well be an apartment. Since no one had mentioned disguising their action Marcello was left thinking farm. There where a few other nagging questions he had, mostly though they just boiled down to simple logistics. He was already wondering if he should try to grab some night vision googles from the quarter master.

Last edited by on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 2:56; edited 1 time in total

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 13:36

Hillshire looked at the new handler, Piero if he remembered his name correctly, as he requested a supporting position for his cyborg on the mission. Support huh? he thought absently as he flipped open the file infront of him.

It contained the usual stuff in a mission like this. Of course, that didn't ease his worrying when Triela was to be infiltrating. On the outside, he may have always looked so calm and collected, but on the inside, he was worried. There are so many things that could go wrong here.

But such was the territory of the job. The only thing he could do was hope for the safety of his cyborg and for things to go well in this mission and to do his part to ensure it's success.

OOC: Alright, editted my post. I hope that fits better with the newly included stuff.

Last edited by Probit Return on Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 14:23; edited 2 times in total

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 20 Feb 2008 - 12:34

OOC: Edits made

IC: Marcello looked about. Seemed like the meeting was just about over. Just waiting for the last details to be finished up, then he could ask Ferro what his assignment would be.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 0:50

Post contains stand in elements for 3klicks and Sasahara:

Jean looked around the room and -seeing as how no one else seemed to have any questions- nodded his head.

"Alright then. Jose, I'd like to speak to you for a minute please. The rest of you are dismissed to make preparations. Please assemble in the parking lot with your cyborgs and equipment as soon as possible. Ferro, I leave this meeting to you."

With that, Jean and the rest of the handlers left the room to begin preparations, with Jean taking Jose aside in the corridor outside while the rest of the released handlers went their seperate ways. All except for Bernardo, who quickly homed on on Marco.

"Hey Marco, looks like we're working together again! Been a long time, hasn't it?" he declared with one of his trademark grins. He was looking forward to this -he and his cyborg were often assigned to work on their own, and it would be nice to have some company for once. Though whether his company would appreciate him was another matter...

Meanwhile, in the meeting room, only the support staff, Lorenzo, and Piero remained. Ferro waited for some of the support staff who had been standing in the cramped room to take over seats left unoccupied by the handlers, then began to speak.

"Alright. Well, there's not a lot to say, since we won't know exactly what we're dealing with until we're actually on site. What we know so far is that we'll be using a radio van as a command post, that we'll be establishing a perimeter around the estate and conducting surveillance, and that we're going to need to watch the road to ensure that no one comes up on us from behind. A set of locations our preliminary research has suggested may be good places to conduct surveillance from have been marked on this map. I'm looking for some volunteers to take those positions."

She looked to Piero.

"I believe you'd volunteered to do overwatch for the assault teams in addition to providing surveillance. Is there any particular spot which you feel would be the best place to do that from?"

Piero nodded.

"Yes, I think the hill across the access road in front of the estate looks like a good spot. I'll be able to cover most of the front of the grounds from there."

Ferro nodded.

"Alright then, so we've got the front of the grounds covered. Do I have any volunteers for the rest of the positions?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 11:41

Marcello, waited till the rest of the support staff grabbed a seat before taking his. Listening careful before raising his hand. "I would like to be part of the perimeter Ma'am. I can set up here with an assault rifle." Marcello said pointing out an area to the rear of the building.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 12:00

Ferro eyed Marcello with a piercing gaze. The man had valuable skills as an investigator, but the impression she'd gotten of him so far didn't make her that confident in his abilities outside of that area.

"You ever done a surveillance before?" she asked sceptically.

Stand in post for 3klicks:

In the corridor outside, Jean spoke to his brother.

"I'm going to be busy with organisational duties, so I'm entrusting Rico's mission preparations to you. Integrate her into your team as you see fit."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 12:16

"Yes ma'am. I had to perform similar missions in while I served in the Carabinieri. Never failed to qualify with my rifle." Marcello said in his best military form. His shooting might not be the best in the room, but he felt he had to prove himself to the others in the room.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 12:31

"Hmm..."

Ferro didn't seem entirely convinced.

"Alright, I'm going to pair you up with Olga. Not that I don't trust your word, but I don't like to rely too heavily on new guys until I know what they're capable of."

OOC: Being positioned to one side of the building might make it easier for Marcello to get in on a certain event that happens late in the mission then being at the rear would.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 17:33

Having been dismissed, Hillshire made his way to the cyborg dormatories. Upon arriving, he gave a knock on the door of Triela and Claes' room. A muffled "come in" was heard.

Hillshire opened the door to find Triela sitting alone. He wasted no time in getting to the point. "We have a mission. You will be doing infiltration. I'll explain more when you are ready."

Triela nodded and Hillshire took his leave of the room. She clothed herself in her mission clothes, more specifically, those that she wore for infiltration missions.

She grabbed her sidearm and slid it into it's holster along with several spare magazines in their respective spots. Finally, she grabbed her bayonet and slid it into it's sheath and opened the door.

Hillshire nodded in approval. "Section One has been keeping in contact with an informant in a Padania gathering point. Apparently, something big was to go down, but they lost contact earlier this morning," he explained as they walked down the hall. "They want us to go in and find him, if he's alive that is. Angelica, Beatrice, Bernardo, Rico, Henrietta, and Jose will be working in two assault teams."

Triela nodded again. "Alright."

Hillshire turned and looked at her seriously. "I want you to be careful in there. Stay on your guard, and be ready for anything."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 21 Feb 2008 - 21:57

"I understand ma'am, it's perfectly reasonable," Marcello replied. he glanced down at his watch quickly before looking back up. "How long until we departing Ma'am?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 0:53

"As long as it takes for everyone to get their gear together and gather in the parking lot. Speaking of which, you three better get down to the armoury and get any gear you need. I suspect its going to be getting a little busy around there soon."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 2:39

In Reply to Bernardo's greeting, Marco says to him with a slight smile on his face "Yes, it certainly has been a while since we last worked together Bernardo. I look forward to it. I would've like to have been able to work with you sooner but Angelica's full recovery from her implant recalibration took longer then we all expected. At least she's recovered and back on duty which has proven to be good for both of us.".

Deciding then to change the subject and strike up some idle conversation, Marco continues by saying "So Bernardo, how's Beatrice doing?".
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 2:57

OOC: Couple notes. One is that you should probably try to write in past tense, since that's what everyone else is doing, two, it might be good to rephrase things so that they're chatting while doing something else rather then saying 'idle conversation.' It's an urgent situation, after all.

Stand in post for Sasahara:

"Biccie? She's doing really well right now. She managed to cause some anxiety for the new cyborg though. Is Angelica doing target practice right now? I think I saw her at the outdoor range when I took Biccie down there earlier."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 13:34

"Will do ma'am," Marcello replied with a curt nod, as he stood. He walked briskly to the door. Once he was a few steps into the hallway he broke into a light jog. He didn't want to be the last one to show.

His first stop was his locker in the firing range. Opening it survived the various contents. It wasn't often he had to do this kind of thing anymore. Hell he never did it that much, his Carabinieri days had been pretty quite. Still he knew it was better to be prepared, and such the locker was packed accordingly. His old military uniform, now free of rank, and patches. He left that in favor of the black combat uniform he had.

As he changed he kept his mind focused on what he had to do, here and now. That helped to keep the jitters in control. His cloths changed, he pulled out a duffel bag. Into the bottom went a towel, and small first aid kit minor injuries. Hopefully when this was all done, he would only need the towel. On top of the towel went his body armor. A series of modular pouches held many things, most notable were ten clips for his rifle. You could also find a multi tool, knife, and zip-cuffs. He toss another clip on top of that. Then his leg holster for his pistol, and accompanying clips. He tossed two MRE's into the bag. Finally came out came his camel back, which he filled at a near by water fountain. That done Marcello closed his locker.

His next stop was the armory, where he picked up his Beretta SC-70/90. It was a hold over from his military service. Marcello could actually count the number of times he had fired it in anger on one hand. He had move the reflex sight he had on it forward on the rail, so he could slapping a night vision optic behind it. He had killed twice. Next came his Beretta 92, another military hold over. He tried to push down the thoughts he might kill again. Finally he acquired 330 rounds for the rifle, and 45 rounds for the pistol. All this went into the duffle bag by his side.

One last stop at the quarter master provided the night vision binocular. They had good magnification, and better yet he could use it during day as well. An anti-flare shield would keep it from shining like a beacon. One last check assured Marcello he had everything he needed. He grunted as he slung the heavy bag across his shoulder. Glance at his watch he felt confident he had made good time as he hurried to the parking lot.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 14:06

At around the same time that Marcello was exitting the quartermasters, Piero was finishing in the armoury, having finally gotten ahold of the variety of specialised ammunition and equipment he had planned to acquire for the mission. He was dressed in a dark uniform that vaguely resembled the gear GIS operators often wore, though at present he had not donned the ski mask such an operator would have generally used to hide his face. His Manurhin revolver was at his side, and he was somehow managing to carry a modified G3-SG/1, some unloaded spare magazines, and several boxes of different types of ammunition.

Seeing Marcello, whom he recognised from their meeting in the mess hall a couple days before, he called out.

"Hey Marcello, can you do me a favour? I need to go adjust the zero on a scope, so could you go get Diana and take her down to the parking lot for me?"

Piero hadn't been satisfied with the standard G3-SG/1 optics, so he'd had the rifle he'd acquired for Diana's future used fitted with an aftermarket sight rail.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 16:10

Marcello ground to a halt, and looked behind him. "Errr..." Marcello said, the gears catching in his head. Piero saw entire thinking process of the man in front of him. First there was confusion, followed by recognition, then contemplation, and finally a decision in roughly a or two beat of the heart.

"Yeah, no problem." He responded, "Any idea where she should be?" There was a moments paused before he add, "Oh does she know what to bring? Are you going to grab her gear, or is it in her room?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 16:20

"She should be in her room at the dorms, that's where I asked her to wait when I got called in for the meeting. I'll handle the equipment she'll need, so if you could just tell her to change into something suitable for an operation like this one, that would be great."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 16:44

"Okay, I'm going to drop my bag off at my car, and I'll go grab her then." Marcello said as he shifted the bag. With a wave he was off. Stopping in the parking lot, just log enough to drop the heavy bag off in his car. Then he was off to the dormitory. His first foot steps inside the building left him with an awkward feeling. He had seen some of the cyborgs around the facility, but this was his first time inside the dormitory. He was left feeling like an invader.

It didn't help that he didn't actually know where Diana's room was. He sighed, next time he would be sure to get directions. Guess I'll just have to ask around Marcello thought as he poked around.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 16:59

Hillshire saw one of the support guys from earlier as he walked down the hall, Marcello, he remembered his name was. Hmm, I wonder what he's doing out here, he thought. "Do you need any help? You look like you might be lost."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 0:30

Marcello looked relieved to find the other man. "Yes, sir." Marcello replied "Piero is busy down at the range, asked me to grab his cyborg for him. Only I don't know what room she's in." He explained, "It's Hilshire, right?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 14:21

Hillshire nodded. "Yes. And would I be correct in assuming you are Mr. Marcello? It's nice to officially meet you." He held out his hand for Marcello to shake.

"Triela," he addressed his cyborg, "do you know where Piero's cyborg's room is?"

"Yes. We met a few days ago."

"Good, I want you to go get her and bring her here."

Triela nodded and walked through the dorm, reaching the door to Diana's room. She pulled her hand back and rapped on the door lightly.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 14:49

Inside her room, Diana paused with her flute halfway to her lips and a piece of sheet music in front of her. Since Piero had not given her any orders as to what she should be doing while he was called away to his briefing, she'd initially started by practicing the assembly and disassembly of some of her guns, but then realised that she was already getting pretty familiar with that and switched to working on her flute playing, which Piero had intended in part as a motor skills excercise for her.

Placing her flute on her desk, the young cyborg rose to her feet and started for the door.

"Coming!" she informed the person on the other side of the door, who she guessed was her handler. She was somewhat surprised when she found it was Triela.

"Um... is there something I can help you with?" she asked uncertainly.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 19:56

While the other handlers and personnel wandered away out of sight, Marco said to Bernardo "Yes, Angelica is
at the shootingrange. I sent her over there a while ago in order to get in some target practice."

Continuing, Marco then said "I wanted to see how she fares when I'm not there since mypresence seems to sometimes lead her to push herself beyond her limitations which is something that I'd prefer to avoid. However, I'll be heading down there shortly in order to check up on her to see how she's doing."

(OOC: I hope that this post is better then my last one. If not, let me know.)
Angiegarde

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 20:26

OOC: Don't worry about it so much. You're new to this sort of thing, right?

As far as my present concerns, well, your posts still seem to be a bit lacking in urgency, and the bit about 'which is something I'd like to avoid' seems a bit redundant. Also, if you have time, try to take a little more time to think about not just what you want to say, but how you plan to say it. That post could probably be structured a little better (if you want some specific recommendations on this point, talk to me via PM).

Bernardo clapped his hands together.

"Excellent! I left Biccie down there as well, so we can swing by and pick them both up at the same time. I assume Angelica has her Steyrs with her? If so, then we probably don't need to drop by the dorms, since I had Biccie take her Uzi with her."

OOC: Bernardo's 'Steyrs' reference is referring to Angelica's Steyr AUG rifle and Steyr M series pistol (probably an M9A1), although she's also used a Steyr TMP submachine gun.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 14:52

Triela stood in Diana's doorway. "Hi, I'm sorry if this is short notice, but we have a mission. I've been asked to bring you to Mr. Marcello. He will take you to your handler."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 16:39

Nodding in reply as he and Bernado are walking, Marco said to Bernardo "Yes, Angelica took her Steyrs with her to the target range. We can leave as soon as we pick up Angelica."

(OOC: I hope that this is better. It's to the point and short.)
Angiegarde

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 17:25

Marcello gives Hilshires hand a firm shake, "Yes sir, that would be me." His gazes shifts to Triela, and he seems to shift uneasily. He glances at the girl, as she heads down the hallway before returning his attention to Hilshire. "So, yeah. I guess you two are the infiltrators hu? Tough job." Marcello commented.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 24 Feb 2008 - 19:38

"Triela will be going in alone," Hillshire corrected him, "but she's done infiltration before so I'm sure she'll do fine."

He casually changed the subject back to Marcello. "Is this your first mission? I don't remember seeing you on any others."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 0:01

"Yes sir," Marcello replied as he leaned against a wall. "Well with section two any way. I was with section one for about four months before they sent me over here. I was a part three ops with section one while I was there. Nothing involving any fratello's. They where pretty quite too, nothing like this is shaping up to be."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 0:42

Diana felt a wave of confusion wash over her. She had a mission? She'd been under the impression that her first mission wouldn't be for some time yet...

"Uh..." she replied as she stood in the open doorway, her hand just off the door handle. It was clear that she was was being plagued by some severe uncertainty.

"Good, that'll save us a little time."

Bernardo and Marco quickly made their way to the outdoor firing range, where Beatrice was shooting some impressively tight auto fire groups with a Colt Commando carbine. Emptying her current magazine with one last burst, the cyborg held her weapons across her chest, and turned to face her handler, her expression businesslike and attentive.

"Sir?" she asked.

"Hi Biccie," Bernardo greeted her. "You and Angelica have a mission. Section One lost contact with an one of their informants, and we've been asked to rescue him for them. I'll explain the details on the way."

OOC: That worked pretty well Angiegarde, but they actually need to pick up some additional equipment from the armoury before they go. Angelica having her main weapons just meant that they could skip going back to the dorm.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 15:10

Triela noticed Diana's uncertainty. With a smile, she tried her best to help shake her out of it. "I'm sure you'll do fine. Now let's go see what your handler has to say. Okay?"
----------------------

Meanwhile, Hillshire absorbed what Marcello was saying. "Yeah," he sighed, "Section 2 tends to work quite a bit different from Section 1, and this mission is shaping up to be big. This should be a good experience for you."

Last edited by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 22:07; edited 1 time in total

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 19:59

"Yeah I suppose," Marcello said, "The experience isn't a concern for me so much as developing a working relationship with some of our coworkers." He paused before smirking, "Well that, and getting shot."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 23:54

Somewhat relieved by Triela's assurances, Diana nodded quickly. "Just give me a moment."

With that, she dashed to her desk, donned her jacket, and grabbed hold of her HK53 carbine. She was already wearing her SIG in a shoulder holster -although Piero did not yet trust her to carry it around loaded, he did want her to get used to the weight.

Returning to the door clad in a dark blue skirt, a white blouse, and a dark blue jacket, Diana nodded to Triela.

"Sorry about that."

OOC: Mentioned Diana's clothing because it's not really well suited to her present assignment -either Triela or Marcello could raise that issue (although Marcello has a better idea of what Diana's role is...). Also, should point out that there are no previously established meetings between Diana and Marcello.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 11:47

(OOC: Joining...)

Armory

"I'm going to be busy with organisational duties, so I'm entrusting Rico's mission preparations to you. Integrate her into your team as you see fit."

"All right, Jean. I'll take good care of Rico."

Knowing they had absolutely no information as to what opposition awaited them, Giuseppe decided to cover all the bases, so to speak.

For himself he picked the advanced F2000 assault rifle, in case the range jumped to above 150 meters. He found himself smiling at Henrietta's awe of his weapon.

"We have a matching pair," the little girl softly breathed, clutching her slightly-similar-looking SMG.

"Yes."

Etta kept her FN P90. Jean had a contact with Fabrique Nationale who generously forwarded them a small amount of the excellent new SS918 rounds for "field testing". The SS198s had better performance against unarmored targets, improving on the earlier AP rounds' "anemic" hitting power. Giuseppe had yet to meet anyone who could get back up after receiving a burst from Etta's P90, but it paid to be careful.

Rico toted a Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun. She pocketed a couple of breaching rounds, plus a good luck charm from Triela- a Delta Force-issue breaching slug courtesy Hilshire. "Remember to watch where you fire it," Triela had humorously tipped. The slug could go through an elephant. Lengthwise. An armored door was next to nothing.

Their battle formation was simple, and thus assured of effectiveness. Rico was point. Henrietta would follow closely and to the side as mid-range flank guard. Giuseppe would bring up the rear with the long-range weapon.

He had grown used to letting the girls take the point. No handler worth his title tried to keep up with his cyborg. No human could.

He fought down his shame and disgust. Here were two girls he and his brother named after their late sister, whom he was committing into battle soon. One, maybe both of them, might not come back.

They may not be Enrica, but they are still important to me.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Sun 2 Mar 2008 - 23:41; edited 2 times in total
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 22:05

Triela frowned inwardly. Diana's clothes weren't very fit for a mission, but it wasn't Triela's place to mention it. After all, if she doesn't have the clothes on hand, she might get upset, which could affect her mission performance. "Don't worry. Let's go." She proceeded to lead Diana to where she left Hillshire.
------------------

Hillshire chuckled ever so slightly. "I didn't know you support guys had to worry about stray bullets." He took on a more serious attitude. "Keeping up good relationships with your coworkers is key though. Things will be much smoother if you get along."

He noticed Triela leading Diana back to them. "They're back," he mentioned.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 22:48

Marcello shakes his head, and replies, "Strays ones miss, it's the ones that are better aimed we worry about." Turning his head down the hall way he noticed the cyborgs. "Well I had better get going, nice to meet you sir." He said with a wave.

Walking down the hallway he meets the cyborg pair half way. "Thanks I'll take her from here," He says with a nod to Triela. He turned towards the other cyborg. His eyes darted to the gun in the girls hand. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. "Diana right?" He asked trying to his best to sound upbeat. "I'm Marcello, Mr. Piero asked me to make sure you where ready. He's busy making sure all your equipment is ready, when he's done though he'll must us in the parking lot."

Marcello looked the girl over. She need to change her clothes, no question. "Why don't we head back to your room, and see if we can't find something better for you to wear? Those clothes are too nice to get dirty. Do you have anything like I'm wearing?"

Edited by Piero to remove an OOC comment that was related to an OOC post that was also deleted.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 23:02

"Yeah," Hillshire replied, "I'll see you around. Good luck on your mission." He turned his attention to his cyborg. "Let's go Triela."

"Sure. Bye Diana. Good luck."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 0:46

Diana waved goodbye to Triela, then shook her head in response to Marcello's question.

"No," she replied, then looked at him with an uncertain expression. "I didn't think that I'd be given a mission this early in my training."

Last edited by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 23:58; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 1:08

Marcello nodded, "Okay well lets go to your room, and take a look at what you do have. We'll just throw something together then."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 1:25

Diana nodded, seemingly relieved by the sense of direction Marcello had given her.

"Alright," she agreed, and led him to her quarters. The small room still lacked much in the way of decoration, with the only real sign that the room was lived in being the items on the desktop -sheet music, the flute Diana had been about to play when Triela had shown up, and the as yet unfired Manurhin revolver that Piero intended to train her on.

Placing her HK53 on top of the dresser, Diana openned a couple of drawers to reveal several blouses and jackets, none of which were really all that much better for the mission then what she had on.

OOC: Marcello can either try to make due with what Diana has on hand (she should at least be able to find something better then that skirt) and get her down to the lot as soon as possible or take her to the quartermaster and see if something suitable can be found in her size -your choice.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 13:14

Marcello grimaced at the cloths in front of him. Well better try to find the best of the worst at least. He quickly sorted through the cloths trying to find a pair of boots, something resembling dark pants, and shirt, or at least something she could get dirty. Finally convinced that what he had chosen was better then what Diana was wearing he paused. "Okay, well this looks like a bit of an improvement." He said, "I'll wait outside. When you done changing gone me, and well go to the parking lot okay?"

Assured the girl understood he stepped outside the room, and sighed. He mused at the sight of her standing there, her pistol clearly visible beneath her unbuttoned jacket. I wonder if Alice felt like this after tumbling down that rabbit hole.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum