A Matter Requiring Urgent Attention (Rome RPG Thread Five)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Matter Requiring Urgent Attention (Rome RPG Thread Five)

Post by Piero on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 23:54

Somewhat relieved by Triela's assurances, Diana nodded quickly. "Just give me a moment."

With that, she dashed to her desk, donned her jacket, and grabbed hold of her HK53 carbine. She was already wearing her SIG in a shoulder holster -although Piero did not yet trust her to carry it around loaded, he did want her to get used to the weight.

Returning to the door clad in a dark blue skirt, a white blouse, and a dark blue jacket, Diana nodded to Triela.

"Sorry about that."

OOC: Mentioned Diana's clothing because it's not really well suited to her present assignment -either Triela or Marcello could raise that issue (although Marcello has a better idea of what Diana's role is...). Also, should point out that there are no previously established meetings between Diana and Marcello.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 11:47

(OOC: Joining...)

Armory

"I'm going to be busy with organisational duties, so I'm entrusting Rico's mission preparations to you. Integrate her into your team as you see fit."

"All right, Jean. I'll take good care of Rico."

Knowing they had absolutely no information as to what opposition awaited them, Giuseppe decided to cover all the bases, so to speak.

For himself he picked the advanced F2000 assault rifle, in case the range jumped to above 150 meters. He found himself smiling at Henrietta's awe of his weapon.

"We have a matching pair," the little girl softly breathed, clutching her slightly-similar-looking SMG.

"Yes."

Etta kept her FN P90. Jean had a contact with Fabrique Nationale who generously forwarded them a small amount of the excellent new SS918 rounds for "field testing". The SS198s had better performance against unarmored targets, improving on the earlier AP rounds' "anemic" hitting power. Giuseppe had yet to meet anyone who could get back up after receiving a burst from Etta's P90, but it paid to be careful.

Rico toted a Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun. She pocketed a couple of breaching rounds, plus a good luck charm from Triela- a Delta Force-issue breaching slug courtesy Hilshire. "Remember to watch where you fire it," Triela had humorously tipped. The slug could go through an elephant. Lengthwise. An armored door was next to nothing.

Their battle formation was simple, and thus assured of effectiveness. Rico was point. Henrietta would follow closely and to the side as mid-range flank guard. Giuseppe would bring up the rear with the long-range weapon.

He had grown used to letting the girls take the point. No handler worth his title tried to keep up with his cyborg. No human could.

He fought down his shame and disgust. Here were two girls he and his brother named after their late sister, whom he was committing into battle soon. One, maybe both of them, might not come back.

They may not be Enrica, but they are still important to me.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Sun 2 Mar 2008 - 23:41; edited 2 times in total

Sheo Darren

Forum Posts : 389

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 22:05

Triela frowned inwardly. Diana's clothes weren't very fit for a mission, but it wasn't Triela's place to mention it. After all, if she doesn't have the clothes on hand, she might get upset, which could affect her mission performance. "Don't worry. Let's go." She proceeded to lead Diana to where she left Hillshire.
------------------

Hillshire chuckled ever so slightly. "I didn't know you support guys had to worry about stray bullets." He took on a more serious attitude. "Keeping up good relationships with your coworkers is key though. Things will be much smoother if you get along."

He noticed Triela leading Diana back to them. "They're back," he mentioned.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 22:48

Marcello shakes his head, and replies, "Strays ones miss, it's the ones that are better aimed we worry about." Turning his head down the hall way he noticed the cyborgs. "Well I had better get going, nice to meet you sir." He said with a wave.

Walking down the hallway he meets the cyborg pair half way. "Thanks I'll take her from here," He says with a nod to Triela. He turned towards the other cyborg. His eyes darted to the gun in the girls hand. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. "Diana right?" He asked trying to his best to sound upbeat. "I'm Marcello, Mr. Piero asked me to make sure you where ready. He's busy making sure all your equipment is ready, when he's done though he'll must us in the parking lot."

Marcello looked the girl over. She need to change her clothes, no question. "Why don't we head back to your room, and see if we can't find something better for you to wear? Those clothes are too nice to get dirty. Do you have anything like I'm wearing?"

Edited by Piero to remove an OOC comment that was related to an OOC post that was also deleted.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 23:02

"Yeah," Hillshire replied, "I'll see you around. Good luck on your mission." He turned his attention to his cyborg. "Let's go Triela."

"Sure. Bye Diana. Good luck."

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 0:46

Diana waved goodbye to Triela, then shook her head in response to Marcello's question.

"No," she replied, then looked at him with an uncertain expression. "I didn't think that I'd be given a mission this early in my training."

Last edited by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 23:58; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 1:08

Marcello nodded, "Okay well lets go to your room, and take a look at what you do have. We'll just throw something together then."

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 1:25

Diana nodded, seemingly relieved by the sense of direction Marcello had given her.

"Alright," she agreed, and led him to her quarters. The small room still lacked much in the way of decoration, with the only real sign that the room was lived in being the items on the desktop -sheet music, the flute Diana had been about to play when Triela had shown up, and the as yet unfired Manurhin revolver that Piero intended to train her on.

Placing her HK53 on top of the dresser, Diana openned a couple of drawers to reveal several blouses and jackets, none of which were really all that much better for the mission then what she had on.

OOC: Marcello can either try to make due with what Diana has on hand (she should at least be able to find something better then that skirt) and get her down to the lot as soon as possible or take her to the quartermaster and see if something suitable can be found in her size -your choice.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 13:14

Marcello grimaced at the cloths in front of him. Well better try to find the best of the worst at least. He quickly sorted through the cloths trying to find a pair of boots, something resembling dark pants, and shirt, or at least something she could get dirty. Finally convinced that what he had chosen was better then what Diana was wearing he paused. "Okay, well this looks like a bit of an improvement." He said, "I'll wait outside. When you done changing gone me, and well go to the parking lot okay?"

Assured the girl understood he stepped outside the room, and sighed. He mused at the sight of her standing there, her pistol clearly visible beneath her unbuttoned jacket. I wonder if Alice felt like this after tumbling down that rabbit hole.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 22:35

Closing the door to her room, Diana quickly changed into the garments Marcello had picked out, swapping the blue and white outfit she'd been wearing for a grey shirt, black pants, and a black jacket. She also rid herself of the red ribbon she'd been using in place of a neck tie. Finally she complimented the outfit with a double magazine pouch for the HK53, which she slung over her shoulder using a strap sewn on specifically for the purpose. Picking up the HK53 itself, she emerged from her quarters and looked at Marcello with an expectant look on her face, apparently seeking his approval.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 0:00

Marcello looked down at the girl emerging out of her room. He could see her looking up to him seeking his approval. Her face still had that innocence about it, that only a child could have. She really was a cute kid. Unfortunately she still totting around with a gun. He did his best to smile for her, "Great, that's a a lot better." He said as he lead her off to the parking lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 0:16

Several of the other team members were already gathered in the parking lot by the time Marcello arrived, including Olga. The former KGB operative was wearing dark clothing, body armour, and a load bearing vest as well as a holster for the massive Desert Eagle that she favoured. A SG 550 assault rifle with a S&B Short Dot scope was slung over her shoulder. She eyed Marcello as he approached, her expression not really betraying her surprise she was experiencing at the sight of Diana.

"I didn't realise you were one of the handlers," she noted.

OOC: I'm not sure Diana is actually quite as cute as some of the other girls, especially in her current attire. I'm still thinking of having Priscilla show up and make a bit of a fuss over her though. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 11:49

IC: Marcello turn a little red in the face as he walked with the Diana. "It's just a favor for Piero." He said. "I guess he's not here yet, hu? Oh well, why don't you sit tight for now Diana." Marcello suggested as he popped the trunk of his car, retrieving his duffle bag. He pulled out the boxes of ammo, and his clips. Loading his various magazines. His gaze wandered a bit around the group as he did so.

OOC: Eh, the only kids that aren't cute are the ones that have been beaten with the ugly stick. Besides I was just rolling with it.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 12:32

"Ah."

No longer surprised, Olga took a good long look at Marcello, sizing him up. He was a little on the small side, but that didn't bother her -she'd known a number of small men who were quite capable soldiers, sometimes considerably more so then their larger counterparts. He obviously wasn't an elite operator, but he seemed reasonably competent. The weapons he'd chosen weren't what she would consider the best of their respective types, but she had to respect the man for choosing something he was familiar with rather then trying to grab the latest and greatest toys. For someone like him who was probably relatively inexperienced, a decent weapon that he was familiar with was a far better choice then a marginally superior weapon with which he wasn't.

Having finished he inspection of Marcello, Olga turned her gaze to Diana, who looked a little uncomfortable as she stood near Marcello. The young cyborg's nervousness increased slightly when she saw the intimidating looking Russian turn her gaze on her, but melted away for the most part when Olga smiled kindly at her.

Priscilla will probably go nuts over her Olga though to herself. She usually does whenever a new girls shows up.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 22:13

Marcello tensed a little as he felt the russian cast her gaze at him. He did his best not shift uncomfortable. He wasn't much in the mood to make a bad first impression. He was pretty sure the Russian had him outclassed in just about every way when it came to combat. He would have to be on top of his game to make sure he didn't hold the woman up.

He looked up to see the Russian smiling at Diana, and couldn't help but smirk himself. "So anything I should know? Operation preferences, pet peeves, anything like that." Marcello asked Olga, as he traded a full clip for an empty one.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 2:41

Olga shook her head, her serious demeanour returning after the smile she had given Diana.

"Not really. You don't strike me as the type who thinks he's the hero in his own personal war movie, so I think I can trust you to observe the situation and not get trigger happy."

As Olga was speaking, an energetic figure was approaching her form behind. Moments after she finished, it threw an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey Olga, is that the new girl? She's cute!" an excited voice proclaimed. Said voice belonged to a rather perky looking young woman who was dressed in clothes similar to those worn by the other surveillance team members but whom looked somewhat out of place in them. Releasing Olga, the young woman stepped forward and smiled at Diana, bending slightly so as to put the two of them on a more equal level.

"You must be Diana. My name is Priscilla, but you can call me Prissy. I'm the fallen angel of love."

She frowned at Diana's outfit.

"Did your handler pick out these clothes for you? You should let me talk to him. They don't suit a cute young girl like you at all."

As Priscilla spoke, Diana looked at her with a hesitant expression and held her HK53 close, apparently unsure of how to deal with all the attention she was receiving.

"Uh.." she replied uncertainly, feeling compelled to say something but not really sure what to say.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 13:18

Marcello nodded as Olga spoke, trying to suppress a smile. "Yeah, I'm not Rambo. I promise I know enough to to mess up to badly." He said jokingly. He looked back at the magazine in his hand, not sure how to continue. Priscilla voice brought his attention back up. His cheeks grow a little redder as she continued to speak.

"She's on call tonight." Marcello replied defensively, "Those are the only cloths she had half way suited for her role..."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 13:39

The colour of Priscilla's cheeks moved several shades towards crimson as she realised that she'd been criticising Diana's outfit in the presence of the very person who had selected it.

"Oh... um... I didn't realise you were her handler... I thought it was the other new guy... I'm sure that these clothes are quite practical..."

The twitches at the corners of Olga's mouth made it clear that the Russian operative was fighting hard not to burst out laughing.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 13:51

"What?" Marcello balked, "Oh! No no no. I'm the new guy. Er... Well no the other new guy." He stammered before closing his mouth firmly. Taking a deliberate pause he tried again. "I'm, Marcello, the new support guy. I ran into Diana's handler, Piero. He asked me as a favor to get Diana ready, while he zero's a scope." He explained trying to keep his cheeks for turning any more red. The stammering idiot. Hell of a first impression.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 14:38

Marcello need not have worried too much about Priscilla's first impression of him. After all, she'd managed to embarass herself too.

"Oh... Okay... I guess that makes sense... Hey! You're laughing at me! You brat!"

Priscilla crossed her arms with a harrumph and turned to Olga, who for some reason seemed to have developed a cough that required her to cover her mouth.

"I take back what I just said. She's not cute at all."

Diana meanwhile was smiling and giggling, looking almost like a normal girl except for the HK 53 she was holding in her arms. She looked happier then she had at almost any other time since her arrival at the agency, and certainly happier then at any other time since the three adults who were present had seen her.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Sun 2 Mar 2008 - 7:25

(OOC: For the story's sake, let's just say that Marco meant that they
can go straight to the armory as soon as they pick up Angelica. Sorry
about the late reply by the way. I also hope that my post isn't too long.)

While Bernardo spoke with Beatrice, Marco walked up to Angelica while
drawing her attention to him. Upon seeing her handler, Angelica smiled
while holding her Steyr AUG rifle to her chest. She then said to Marco
warmly but with a curious tone to it "What is it Marco?".

Resisting the urge to smile back (given his business mindset at the
moment) but putting warmth in his voice, Marco said to Angelica in
reply "I'm sorry to cut your target practice short Angelica but a
mission just came up. We'll be working with Bernardo and Beatrice to
rescue one of section 1's informants. I'll fill you in on the details on the way to the armory.".

Nodding in reply, Angelica said with an understanding tone "Ok then."
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum