how you would treat your girl partner if you were a handler

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: how you would treat your girl partner if you were a handler

Post by Guest on Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 9:31

I would treat her with an iron fist. I wouldn't try to treat her too lovey-dovey or get attached to her as she's just a robot and will die in a couple years from the conditioning. I would probaby hit her if she rebelled or anything, and though I wouldn't yell at her, because instead of yelling, I would just say in a quiet, saddened tone, "I'm really dissappointed in you." That always seems more effective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 9:46

Chapter Nine of Life Goes On was one I absolutely adored, Sheo. I'm in no way responsible for how those idiots behaved, but I'm nonetheless extremely sorry over what happened and what everything came to.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 14:01

I would probably figure I was to deep in to walk away, by the time I thought I might. I like to think that I would stand up for what I believe is right. In truth though, I like money, and living. So I like to think I would just turn it down, but it really depends where I am in life.

That said you know how Marco is after Angelica gets memory problems. That's where I would start, and work my way into a bottle. Fuck your not a good crew chief till you can do some serious drinking anyway. I don't have to work for another 11 hours, so where is my other beer?

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 2:08

If I ever found myself as a handler, I know I wouldnít last long. After a while, I would be so eaten up by guilt, that I would either become a raging alcoholic or just go AWOL. Either way, I would become a major problem to the Agency Ė a problem that Iím sure they would solve in short order. snipe
Sheo Darren wrote:...and her respect for the dead Jose.
I still hate you for that Sheo... voodoo doll

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 5:36

keep in mind
so far we hadnt talked about the emotional strain on the handlers themselves
after all if one does treat his cyborg kindly and gets attached to her one is inviting alot of pain on his part
after all the grim reality is that all of the girls will be lost to them one way or another
those who wont die in the field wont live for more then a few years (drugs limit there lives)
or the handler could find him self fired (might happen) or the whole SWA could be scrapped by the gov (dont think they would let the handlers keep the girls,they are worth too much money)
and in this case the more you get attached to your girl the more pain you will feel

i have a friend who while in the service was in okets (IDF K9 unit,he was a handler himself)
after showing him this show he said that jean probably had it right since it saves you pain
after his term was up he had to leave his dog in the army and he said that it was very painful for him (he told me he couldnt even imagine what it would feel like to have the dog KIA)
the dog handler and his dog must spend alot of time together (mans best friend,they really mean it)
dog handler's who lose their dogs in combat often must have psyciatric evaluation and treatment to help deal with what the lost
that was a dog
here were talking about 12-15 year old girls (more attachment)
given that fact it makes the prospect of losing your charge much scarier and much more painful
and here there is no such saying as "well anything you get attached to can be lost,you could get hit by a car today,or have your house burnt down,or you can have your kid die of an illnes" you cant say that any closeness could end in tragedy
here there is no buts and no maybes about it : your cyborg will die sooner or later and probably in a very violent way

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 5:43

Sometimes apathy is the best form of self empathy
-B West nile 2/14/08

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 6:45

Danjo3 wrote:
Sheo Darren wrote:...and her respect for the dead Jose.
I still hate you for that Sheo... voodoo doll

...looks like i already know the answer to my question... what will this community do if someone kills of a Gunslinger Girl. (takes running away position)

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 11:13

West Nile wrote:...looks like i already know the answer to my question... what will this community do if someone kills of a Gunslinger Girl. (takes running away position)
Are you kidding? All the girls have been killed off at one time or another. Some more then others (Angie/Triela). You might as well join the club.
*BANG!*

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 11:20

when was the last time some one killed Triela? I know a ton of stories where Agnie dies, and one that killed Henrietta. I can't think of any off hand that killed Triela though, or Claes, or Rico. Maybe I just don't read enough of these. There are a still a couple big fan fics that I have yet to read past there first chapter.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 11:29

I can only think of two off hand for Triela - one was Tears and Blood and the other is an Elfen lied cross over. Iím sure thereís another, but as I say, those are the only two that come to mind.

**Edit**
Both those stories also killed off Hillshire, so they get extra credit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 22:45

I make it a point not to kill off anyone in my stories, unless I'm referencing a death that occured in canon. My stories are written in such a way that you can stream them into the canon without disrupting continuity.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 22:55

campweed wrote:I would treat her with an iron fist. I wouldn't try to treat her too lovey-dovey or get attached to her as she's just a robot and will die in a couple years from the conditioning. I would probaby hit her if she rebelled or anything, and though I wouldn't yell at her, because instead of yelling, I would just say in a quiet, saddened tone, "I'm really dissappointed in you." That always seems more effective.
And your cyborg will be named Elsa di Sica.
(I can see this one by a mile!)

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 23:01

Playing the role of handler would be very, very difficult for me, seeing as I've got kids of my own. But in the unlikely event I manage to psych myself up for the job, I'd probably treat the kid as a commanding officer would his subordinate - firm yet fair, doling out rewards for jobs well done and admonishments (nothing as serious as coporal punishment, though) for failures. The danger of getting too attached to one's ward is not lost on me.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 2:49

Nachtsider wrote:I make it a point not to kill off anyone in my stories, unless I'm referencing a death that occured in canon. My stories are written in such a way that you can stream them into the canon without disrupting continuity.
Iíve noticed that. Itís one of the things I like about your stories.

I have no problem with authors Xíing their OCís (in some cases, itís a good thing) but when they kill a canon character, I pretty much move on. Especially when itís done for nothing more then shock value.

In addition (and Iím not mentioning any names here just whistlin' ) graphic torture of the girls also tends to put me off.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 8:02

Thanks, Danjo. I'm not a fan of said torture, either, and certainly not one for cartoonish, mindless violence or histrionic, exclamation-mark heavy dialogue (hint).

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 8:06

?? more clues on the mystery writer?

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 11:39

You'll learn sooner or later West Nile don't walk into the middle of this.

Anyway you are right on both counts Danjo. I remembered the Elfen Lied story as I was going to bed, but you had to jog my mind for tears, and blood. That's so small that it's easy to forget.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with an author killing off a character. Breaking from cannon to me isn't so much bad, as different. Like watching an anime sub vs dubbed. There are differences, but both are still good if done well. Of course I would apply the same standards to that death that I do the rest of the story. When a character is killed for shits, and giggles the rest of the plot is normally pretty flaky to begin with. Those are the stories I avoid.

As for killing a character, I think you there are some stories that are better that way. Just like with any fiction killing characters has it's place.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum