Ready to Go Innawoods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ready to Go Innawoods?

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 10:58

http://innawoods.net/

The shit has hit the fan in your location (invading enemy troops, civil unrest, zombies, whatever) and survival is paramount. Show us your loadout with the nifty program listed above!

I'll start; here's what I'm going with:

Joke answers are welcome, by the way. Introducing the Dianne Fenstein Special Loadout:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready to Go Innawoods?

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 9 Apr 2013 - 18:41

This would be all made out of stuff that I either have at home, in my patrol car, or in my precinct.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 1:27

Edit

Last edited by mysterybad on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total

Strike Witches - Việt Nam Liberation Army

mysterybad

Female

Forum Posts : 86

Fan of : ...

Original Characters : ...

Comments : Hello

Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 2:28

SHTF kit, Version 1.0

This loadout is based on what an ordinary citizen in the United States (PA, to be a bit more specific) should have reasonable and legal access to:

Primary: Norinco MAK-90 7.62x39mm AK-pattern rifle w/ ACOG & Surefire Tactical light

Secondary: Colt M1911 .45ACP pistol

Backup: Ruger Mark III .22LR pistol

Melee/Other: Folding knife

Equipment/Body armor: Bulletproof vest and Load-Bearing Vest

Ammunition: 16x 30rd polymer AK magazines (7.62x39mm); 4x 7rd M1911 magazines (.45ACP); 4x 10rd Mark III magazines (.22LR)
Spare ammo-- 4x 50rd box Remington Yellow Jacket .22LR, 3x 25rd box .45ACP, 2x 640rd 'Spam Can' surplus-issue 7.62x39mm cartridges

Navigational equipment: Lensatic Compass, Topographical map

Survival gear: Multi-tool, Flint and steel firestarter, Iodine tincture, Plastic canteen

Bits of kit: Gun cleaning kit, oiling kit, Mess Kit, Doctor's bag/Comprehensive First Aid Kit, 60yd roll of Duct Tape, 750ml bottle Vodka (in lieu of disinfectant), 4 liter water can

Consumables: 1 pack non-rechargeable batteries, 1 roll one-ply toilet tissue, 1 5-lb. bag rice, 2x 750ml bottles of Vodka, 1 pack Beef Jerky, 1 pack Dried Fruit, 1 500ml bottle water, 3x CLIF bar energy bars, 1 can SPAM, 1 can Peas, 1 can Corned Beef

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 5:51

Ok, I'll play...

I'm assuming here that excrement has already hit the windmill as it's a) the only way I'd be able to tool up and b) the only reason I'd be arsed to. Choices are also somwhat coloured by the fact that I live in Australia, with it's draconian anti-gun laws... and that, ff it all went down the clanger, I'd be running away to go hide in the bush somewhere.

So, start at clothing: Glasses, because without them I'd only be able to see the zombies when they got really close, and assume a set of prescription sunglasses are coming along for the ride too. Akubra, because a wide-brim hat out here is a good plan... usual civvies and scrim-net scarf: because hipster survivalist. Watch; my own automatic... obviously on wrist rather than in pocket.

Weapons:
- Pretend that Mosin is actually a .303 (Lee Enfield) rifle. It's probably the most prolific rifle in Australia right now, so parts and ammo will be relatively easy to come by. Plus as a bolt action I'm less likely to break it than, say, a Steyr AUG.
- Browning Hi-Power: not so available to civillians, but the standard issue sidearm of the Australian military. It's either this or a Glock, whichever I find first.
- Machete: because I can stand back a bit and hit things with it, and it's useful for a bunch of other stuff.

Ok, moving on: in the webbing... this was the closest thing on there I could find to the H-harnes I already own.
Left to right: Stripper clips for the rifle; spare magazines for the pistol; angle-torch and batteries.
Next row (in belt pouches): Radio, multi-tool, gun cleaning kit, matches, iodine, large binoculars and cigarettes... though I don't smoke myself, there's plenty of people who do.
Bottom row (still attached to the belt: two canteens - because you go through water fast... I actually wouldn't mind a third (or at least a few jerries nearby), and mess kit. I don't know what the US ones are like, but the ones I'm used to actually fit on the outside of your canteen and go in the same pouch; Trenching tool and rope... more hung on the outside of the pack.

The pack: Hiking pack as it has a frame to help spread the load and comes with that other useful Aussie survival item: a swag - bed, shelter and blanket all in one and sleep is a good thing.
Top row pouches: bog roll and bandages... hope you don't mix them up; beef jerky and rum - for eating, drinking and wound steralisation.
Middle row pouches: spare 9mm ammo, shaving kit, tooth brushing kit: because mouth ulcers suck.
Bottom row: extra .303 ammo; trying to keep the weight down low here.

Pack main compartment:
Top row: Tea - Vitaly important I can get at this quickly. I would prefer coffee, but tea is more versatile and the only coffee that thing had was instant; hard cracker; maps; camo tarp - for making a hootchie with, because in heavy rain swags leak, and to keep the dew off.
Middle row: Rat packs (C-rats preferably) and soup stock... which combines nicely with rice.
Bottom row: Tinned goods, big bag of rice. Honestly the last two would be a case of "as much as I can carry" and "whatever comes to hand".

In its pockitses: Loose rifle rounds - for when I invariably bollocks up with the striper clips; compass; dried fruit - fast energy and tasty; steel and flit - for when I run out of matches and passport (probably assume wallet too, but they only had bi-folds)... because some sort of ID might not be a bad thing.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5749

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 10:36

This is what I will be equipped when my country was invaded : I will look like a Soviet soldier in the 50s

This is what I'm going to equip myself if I am allowed to have access to our arsenal

mysterybad

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 12:32

Very good loadouts, guys - keep 'em coming. Al, I like how even during the apocalypse, you're still as hipster as always. Laughing

Introducing my Loadout Mark II, based on suggestions from Tommygunner and MP5. More dakka!

Also, another loadout, which I've termed "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night".

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 22:59

MP5 wrote:SHTF kit, Version 1.0

This loadout is based on what an ordinary citizen in the United States (PA, to be a bit more specific) should have reasonable and legal access to:

Primary: Norinco MAK-90 7.62x39mm AK-pattern rifle w/ ACOG & Surefire Tactical light

Ammunition: 16x 30rd polymer AK magazines (7.62x39mm); 4x 7rd M1911 magazines (.45ACP); 4x 10rd Mark III magazines (.22LR)
Spare ammo-- 4x 50rd box Remington Yellow Jacket .22LR, 3x 25rd box .45ACP, 2x 640rd 'Spam Can' surplus-issue 7.62x39mm cartridges

Survival gear: Multi-tool, Flint and steel firestarter, Iodine tincture, Plastic canteen

Bits of kit: Gun cleaning kit, oiling kit, Mess Kit, Doctor's bag/Comprehensive First Aid Kit, 60yd roll of Duct Tape, 750ml bottle Vodka (in lieu of disinfectant), 4 liter water can

Consumables: 1 pack non-rechargeable batteries, 1 roll one-ply toilet tissue, 1 5-lb. bag rice, 2x 750ml bottles of Vodka, 1 pack Beef Jerky, 1 pack Dried Fruit, 1 500ml bottle water, 3x CLIF bar energy bars, 1 can SPAM, 1 can Peas, 1 can Corned Beef

Your vert grip impinges removing magazines on your AK >_>

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of : N/A

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 10 Apr 2013 - 23:23

John_234 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. I shall now post an even more hopeless loadout.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 0:38

MP5 wrote:
John_234 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. I shall now post an even more hopeless loadout.

I think mine is more practical, personally.

Spoiler:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 1:08

John 234 A Superheavy Armed Boy Scout , be afraid of him

Last edited by mysterybad on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 6:26; edited 1 time in total

mysterybad

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 1:30

SHTF Kit V2: Late to the party and all the good stuff is gone--well, maybe not all the good stuff.

This loadout is a mixture of stuff I actually have and what I could hope to find if I'm slow to the panic-buy.

Weapons--My firearms are all .22LR, because everyone else cleared out my local gun shop of the 'better' firearms and corresponding ammo. At least .22LR is always available and plentiful and cheap, and likely to have been passed over in the event everyone just looted the shop and no one was there afterwards. It's uncommon to find .22LR cartridges in quantities fewer than 50-round boxes, and considering how small the ammunition is, it's easy to carry more rounds. My rifle is a Ruger 10/22 with a scope and bipod, equipped with 25-round magazines. Assuming all magazines are fully loaded, I have 400 rifle rounds at my disposal in four magazine pouches with 4 magazines each. Pistol magazines are for a .22LR Ruger Mark II, 10 rounds per mag. The rest of the space in the vest has been filled with as many 50-round boxes of ammo as the app will accomodate, and apparently, I can fit anywhere from 6-12 boxes of ammo, though I decided to stuff some needle and thread in there, just in case I need it. Rounding off my weapon selection is a machete which is useful for things like chopping wood and stabbing/slicing opponents (you know, just in case my .22LR solution turns out to be completely, utterly hopeless).

Kit-- The vest is as close as I can get to the CIRAS replica that is in the closet in my room, four rifle magazine pouches normally assigned to AR magazines. I also have a shoulder bag similar to my repurposed Swedish Gas Mask bag that was purchased at a local army/navy store holding two canteens of water, a head lamp and duct tape, and medical/hygiene supplies (Alfisti said that mouth ulcers suck, after all). Finally, a large backpack carrying all my essentials: Cooking equipment, shelter (via a canvas tarp), mess kit, additional water, water purification, gun cleaning kit, oiling kit, and some chemlights to save on batteries. Pockets contain a folding knife, map and Lensatic compass, Flint striker and lighter fluid (give those sparks something to catch on!), Multi-tool, and my wallet (Photo ID, money where it may still be usable/used as tinder).

Consumables-- Lots of non-perishable goods for personal consumption--Spam, canned peas, canned meat, a bag of rice, and two MREs.
But why did I grab chocolate, booze, and cigarettes?! The answer is simple: bartering material. While there is an inherent risk that I'll get robbed for these things by someone who doesn't feel like trading, Luxury items are harder to come by in the event of societal breakdown, but if I can find someone with a surplus of things I actually need, addictive items like alcohol and cigarettes will be important currency in a world where cash no longer has much, if any, value. Also, never ever forget to scrounge up toilet paper. I have 5 rolls' worth--4 to barter, one for personal usage, because I won't always know if I've wiped myself with poison ivy in the darkness of the woods. A pack of batteries for my head lamp round out the package, and in a pinch, can be bartered for other things I will need.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 6:37

Spoiler:

This is just a loadout I thought was relatively functional, though its not going to be 100% accurate or realistic.

Equipment: Pretty bog standard civies. Concealable body armor with a hard plate is my main defense. We have the gas mask, which is mostly stylistic, and ear protection. I'd probably be using a belt line and suspenders realistically. As far as the bandolier goes, I wouldn't really wear one, but the overt gear that this app featured isn't what I tend to prefer - either a plate carrier with a kangaroo pouch for ammo or a low-profile chest rig to go with that concealable armor. The leg pouch is representative of a leg rig I would use.

Battle Rattle: There's a typical standby for me. SR-25 or similar battle rifle. This one has an ACOG and a T-1 like optic, but essentially any medium magnification optic paired with a good off-angle sight solution is what I favor. The light is opposite of where I would mount it, and I wouldn't really use a vert grip, but it aesthetically balanced the rifle. Suppressor is a pretty obviously desired thing for disaster survival if I can get my hands on one.

Glock 19 with a light of some kind (TLR-1 or TLR-3 probably) and a red dot. T-1 in this case, I'd use an RMR, which can also come in a model that doesn't use batteries. Then a hatchet, which is more a survival tool than a real primary weapon. This above picture has a grossly exaggerated ammo count for sake of fun. Realistically, I could only have about five to seven magazines ready to go on my leg rig and load bearing gear, and three or five pistol mags is a realistic max as well. I'd probably have an unloaded mag or two each and a bunch of boxed ammo as well. I can't really give an exact, though.

The bandolier / LBV are also has my medical stuff. A tourniquet, wound dressing and whatnot. In reality I'd like to carry a bit more than that, but that was a compromise for the space I'm given.

Survival Gear: Mostly concerned about sustainability, which means multiple knives, a hatchet, my firestarters, a tap for shelter and many containers for water, as well as enough iodine to filter a good deal of it. The mess kit was a compromise - I'd probably have a cast iron skillet too. The thermos made the cut over the canteen because it would keep any stew I made warm and protected. The suppressed Ruger would mostly be a survival gun, thus a lack of spare mags (though realistically I'd have a few) and the storage in the pack. Cordage and tape is good for repairs, hunting and so forth. Toothbrush and toothpaste is a pretty big luxury item, but I don't really want my teeth going bad any sooner than they have to.

Consumables: Food runs fast and weighs a lot, so I went really basic. Canned meat for very fat-dense content and protein. Dried fruit for calories and good long-term storage capability. I'd also probably take a crapton of vitamins and antibiotics, since nutritional imbalance is a very real issue with a purely animal diet. Then we have the stuff that goes quick, then will be hard to find - batteries, bullets and water purifying materials. I would probably bring much less water containers and focus more on collecting it.

Other: Phone and charger, keep things working while I can, wallet and passport, cash for bribing. Ciggies for barter.

John_234

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 10:01

Primary : SVT 40 w/ PU Scope .

Mag feed system is always a better choice than manually loaded , Especially when you have to manually load each bullet to a HOT gun chamber in a mid of gunfight

Secondary : Tokarev

Backup/Melee: AK Bayonet

Clothing and Vest :Cotton T-shirt with a four pockets waterproof jacket , military pants and leather shoes , Ammo Vest
Equipment :

On the waist and pockets : Left to right: Binoculars (worn around the neck) and compass , Smartphone in pocket , Wristwatch on hand , canteen on Hip ,Maps and flashlight in the other pocket

Smartphone is a very useful tool in battlefield : you can use it for communicate , filming, photographing or recording to gather information , and can also be used as a backup flashlight AND you can use it to listen to music ,playing game or watch movies too.Why no one carry it?

In the ammo vest :
6 SVT-40 Mag and 3 Tokarev mag along with two grenade . a few loose round to refill the mag every time I get a chance

In the Bag

Ammunition
: 3 Paper box of 7.62x54mmR and 2 Paper box of 7,6225mm Tokarev , a Bouncing betty mine and two grenade

Daily necessities : needle and thread, battery , tooth brushing kit , superglue , flares (to signal when required) , bog roll , rope and blankets

Medic Pouches : I am a medical student so I understand the importance of antibiotics and painkillers - pain and infection can kill you slowly and painfully . That's why I carry a lot painkillers and antibiotics along with a box morphine and they are also the first things that people want when they exchange opportunities (not cigarettes, alcohol or toilet paper)
Tools to repair, ignition ,cooking , and maintenance :Gun cleaning kit, Oiling kit, Multi-tool, Lighters and fuel , army shovel (can be used as hoes, axes or hammers) ,frying pan ( can be used for cooking, boiling water ) and Mess Kit
Food : 2 Bag of Rice for daily cooking . Dried beef , dried fruit and few canned food to eat in cases I can't ignition to cook (in the middle of enemy territory or rain) . tea to brew in drinking water (good for health)

mysterybad

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:22

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 19:51

Zombie apocalyse has never been considered a problem for me :we are healthy, agile, intelligent and equipped with firepower . Why should we fear those slow , stinks and no brain fools?

My problem is I fear that one day my country will be invaded . Especially since I live near the border (250 km from the border)

mysterybad

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 20:37

mysterybad wrote:Zombie apocalypse has never been considered a problem for me :we are healthy, agile, intelligent and equipped with firepower . Why should we fear those slow, stinks and no brain fools?

Because they do not tire, they do not actually need food or water (so you cannot starve them to death), and by killing/infecting us, they swell their ranks. You can only stop them by destroying the brain, which goes against hundreds of years of being taught to aim for the largest part of the human body. They do not feel pain. Our only real comfort (as well as a horrendous weakness) now is that as far as we are concerned, zombies are creatures of fiction--if it turns out Zombies are real, we as a species would lose valuable counterattack time coming to grips with the fact that zombies are now a real threat.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 23:30

Speak for yourself, boyo. I and several of my cohorts have already decided that were we to come across one, it'd be an automatic doubletap headshot, and worry about the paperwork later.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 0:08

Me too... a 7.62x54mmR round in the chest will stop everything that moves - whether it is living or dead

mysterybad

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 18:48