Section One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Section One

Post by A Kool Poptart on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:25

Section 1 is one of two branches of the Italian Public Security Bureau that specializes in intelligence gathering, providing safe heaven's for persons of interest, sterilization services, and interference.

Draghi (Director of Section 1)
Chief of Special Ops, Section 1. Jealous of the initial success of the cyborg program implemented by Section 2, he once attempted to cast doubt on the feasibility of the program via the investigation into the deaths of Elsa and Lauro de Sica. However, Draghi isn’t a cold man, though he can be a pragmatic one. He might bend the rules, but he still holds close the ideals that had led him decades ago into public service (~thescarredman). 

Pietro Fermi (Investigator)
Is an agent for Section 1 who investigated the deaths of Elsa and Lauro de Sica. He was also tasked with finding any information on the cyborgs employed by Section 2 that could potentially discredit Section 2. But by the end of his investigation, he develops a bit of respect for the cyborgs and their handlers, but still resents the program as a whole.

Elenora Gabrielli
Is another agent for Section 1, and is often seen working with Pietro. She often keeps track of minor details and information relevant to Section 1 in a Moleskin pocketbook which also contains schedules, recipes, and anything else that she may need. Henrietta often refers to it as a "magical notebook".

Notes from GSG forum
Section One came before Section Two and the latter eventually adopted most of Section One’s duties such as assassinations and counter-terrorism.

Section One resembles a miniaturized version of the FBI combined with the CIA.

Section One specialize in infiltration, intelligence gathering, media/public interference, and sterilization services.

Section One is believed to be understaffed and lacking sufficient funds from the government, making it much smaller than Section Two and considerably less equipped.

What Section One lacks in manpower it makes up for in intelligence gathering, providing 80%-85% of Section Two’s operational intelligence. However, without proper funding or assistance from a third party contractor, the intelligence will never be completely solid leaving a margin for error.

Section One uses conventional agents, much like FBI and the CIA, to gather intelligence and conduct operations.

Section One is appears to be more morally driven than Section Two.

STAFF IS EXTREMELY HOSTILE TOWARDS SECTION TWO.

Last edited by A Kool Poptart on Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:58; edited 5 times in total
A Kool Poptart

Male

Forum Posts : 32

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Person of Interest and a bunch of other anime and TV shows that I don't have time to list right now

Original Characters : Elise, Jim Reed

Comments : "Hey look, a naked woman!" ~ Yatsuha

Registration date : 2013-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Section One

Post by Il Direttore on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:04

As far as I understand it, Section One is something resembling a miniaturized FBI combined with the CIA combined with the SEALs. They specialize in providing infiltration, intelligence, and sterilization services, effectively ensuring that Section Two can actually get to the target, as opposed to getting lost and accidentally killing some schlub. Overall, they seem competent, if rather more morally driven, than Section Two.

As for my personal theories, it's been my commonly held belief that Section One is, in fact, quite good at its job, but suffers from a lack of funding. Between Section Two's greater visibility within the community and the general "coolness factor" of its operatives, Section One tends to be deprioritized. As a consequence, it lacks the equipment and general fundage to get it's job done in a full and complete manner. While Section Two's general asskickery more than compensates for the 80-85% completeness of Section One's intelligence, without some more money and some toys from the Research Division or from a trusted third party contractor/consultant, they're not going to be at maximum effectiveness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:20

Section One is more narrowly focused on conventional counter-terrorism activities, and employs conventional agents. There's no mention of it conducting any investigations other than the inquiry prompted by Lauro de Sica's death (who, Draghi hints in the anime, was a former Section One man). It sometimes comes (reluctantly) to their renegade brothers at Section Two for additional man- or girl-power, but it's put off by S2's brutally direct and extralegal methods. Most, but not all, of Section One is hostile to S2; there are other S1 agents who've worked with S2 fratelli and respect them. Sandro is, I believe, a former Section One agent.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1888

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:07

Lauro might have been a Section 1 man? Hmmmm..... Interesting.
Hmm...
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:13

They also do all the cordoning off and perimeter suppression of areas that section 2 work in and clean up the mess afterwards

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:57

@Thescarredman wrote:Sandro is, I believe, a former Section One agent.

Sandro came from Department of Public Safety, which is part of the Ministry of the Interior and includes the National Police Forces. 

I am of the opinion that Special Operations Section 1 came before Section 2 and that Section 2 took over some of the functions previously handled by Section 1 (hence S1's dislike of S2 and their attempts to discredit them). 

In Chapter 3, Triela asks Hilshire why they are taking Mario Bossi into protective custody when Section 1 normally handles those types of missions.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 13 Jun 2013 - 6:06

El Conservatore wrote:As for my personal theories, it's been my commonly held belief that Section One is, in fact, quite good at its job, but suffers from a lack of funding.
Agreed. Possibly more to the point as well: GsG it told from the perspective of Section 02. As their rivals for funding/prestige, that naturally puts Section 01 on the back foot as well from the perspective of the reader.

I always had the impression that, as has been stated already in this thread, Section 01's role is primarially investigative and more conventional in it's approach, where Section 02 can persue more direct approaches. Technically they are part of the same organiseation, though there seems to be that much of a rift between the two, both constantly stepping on each others' toes, that you would be hard pressed to work it out at times.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:50

I agree with Kisk. I believe that in the past, Section 1 screwed up so bad that Section 2 had to be created to take over certain functions of Section 1. Why else would Section 2 be so secretive of Section 1?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A Kool Poptart on Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 21:13

I am of the belief that once the cyborg program really took off, several duties and services previously run by Section 1 were eventually handed over to Section 2, such as assassination and infiltration/exfiltration operations. Essentially, the government gave Section 1 the short end of the stick, leaving them with intelligence gathering and clean up duties.

"We possess emotions, desires, and can experience sensations that are ours and ours alone. These experiences help shape us as beings and with that comes our very own personality, a soul, which is unique to no one else. And it is all trapped inside of our artificial bodies.” ~Elise

A Kool Poptart

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Person of Interest and a bunch of other anime and TV shows that I don't have time to list right now

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 21:53

@A Kool Poptart wrote:I am of the belief that once the cyborg program really took off, several duties and services previously run by Section 1 were eventually handed over to Section 2, such as assassination and infiltration/exfiltration operations. Essentially, the government gave Section 1 the short end of the stick, leaving them with intelligence gathering and clean up duties.
Funny you would say that...

In my first fanfict Solution's Resolution, I speculated a history where Section One used Cybernetics (Advanced Prosthetics, really) on Persian Gulf War Amputee Veterans  and drugged them not to feel various pains associated with amputations. They started out with some 500 volunteers and whittled down to 25. Unfortunately, these 25 would not survive their first year. And because of the technology or the drugs...

Because they thought they were super powered, they went on and did things that killed them. the first was killed when he was surfing a tractor trailer and a highway sign knocked him off the truck. That did not kill him. the three trucks, five buses and 20-something cars behind him did. Another thought he could stop a train to get the targeted Padania agent. OK. He stopped the train by jumping in front of it and derailed it. Yet another thought he could jump from one high tower to another, missing by 50-something feet and making a nice Pollock Painting on the street below. The rest met with similar deaths. Thus the cyborg division of Section 1 was shut down and given to Section 2.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A Kool Poptart on Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:59

Update: 
All the info I've gathered on Section 1 has been compiled into my original post.

"We possess emotions, desires, and can experience sensations that are ours and ours alone. These experiences help shape us as beings and with that comes our very own personality, a soul, which is unique to no one else. And it is all trapped inside of our artificial bodies.” ~Elise

A Kool Poptart

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Wed 28 May 2014 - 11:21

@A Kool Poptart wrote:I am of the belief that once the cyborg program really took off, several duties and services previously run by Section 1 were eventually handed over to Section 2, such as assassination and infiltration/exfiltration operations. Essentially, the government gave Section 1 the short end of the stick, leaving them with intelligence gathering and clean up duties.

I'd tend to agree. Though moreso on the idea that section 2 had been created, but wasn't operational until they had completed the cyborgs (AKA: Angelica) So, once Section 2 was "operational" they took over, leaving Section 1 with the less...desireable jobs.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 915

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum