A bit about Foreign Powers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A bit about Foreign Powers

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 4:51

We've discussed before what it'd be like to have foreign cyborgs from enemy, or at least non-Italian, agencies. The US is our most prominent case, with the Rehabilitation Branch being far and away the most developed of our non-Italian community-formed cyborg special operations units. 

Still, it appears that a lot of other foreign nations deserve to be considered more closely. Just an example, but it's pretty striking:

http://warriorcompetition.com/Warrior_Competition/WC_teams_2013.html

Spoiler Alert: 

China wins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: A bit about Foreign Powers

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 8:37

I still have a concept for PLA-operated cyborgs sitting in one of my notebooks somewhere. Among some of my ideas, as I remember them, were:

A hardline faction of the PLA, still adherent to the Politburo's more extreme policies and supportive of North Korea's militancy, is running the show. Some North Korean personnel are among the ranks, too. The outfit masquerades as a school for aspiring young gymnasts and acrobats.

The cyborgs are all Gen 1's. Unlike other nation's cyborgs, these kids, all orphans, have been indoctrinated and trained as soldiers from as soon as they can hold and use a weapon. They then undergo the process that turns them into cyborgs at about twelve years of age, by which time they have already been in the business of soldiering, espionage and the like for at least four years.

The PLA fratelli operate three to a team, a handler (either male or female) with two cyborgs (usually one boy and one girl). I recall fleshing out at least one team - handler Zhao, a streetwise ex-para who isn't entirely convinced of the rightness of his cause, but performs it anyway because a professional soldier just does his duty, and his fiercely devoted fraternal twin charges: Huang, a master marksman on the SVDK, and Wei-Lin, a close-in brawler with a penchant for Saiga semiauto shotguns.

The concept I had to make the PLA cyborgs cross paths with the SWA ones was to have the former be involved in a mission to assassinate a Taiwanese statesman at a UN conference in New York, the job, planned to be executed via a bombing of the conference venue, being formulated in such a way that it would implicate Middle Eastern terrorists. Somehow, word that a terrorist attack of some kind will be going down gets out, but not the identity of the targets. Out of concern for their own delegation, Italy sends some fratello teams as security, working in concert with the Israeli cyborgs from Childville who are protecting their own diplomats. 

The attack succeeds, but the PLA team are rumbled. (Boomer, if you're reading this, I had a scene where Alpha, pulling overwatch on a rooftop, finds himself looking through his sniper scope at Huang, who has also just spotted Alpha from an adjoining rooftop through his own sniper scope - Alpha's words, full of shocked surprise, are: "Fuck me dead.") The ensuing first-ever cyborg-on-cyborg combat is utter mayhem - a bloody firefight/car chase through the streets of the Big Apple to rival that from the second Matrix film, which all participants barely escape from with their lives. The story ends on a worrisome note, with the Italians and Israelis in shock that a hostile nation is now using cyborgs as well; all three factions are full of trepidation at having made new enemies, and worry as to when their paths might cross again.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 12:40

Well, given the current ethnic conflict in China, I don't think that PLA needs to be engaging in international assassinations to justify making a cyborg spec-ops branch, just indigenous extermination missions. 

Also, the winning team from China in that competition were the Snow Leopard Spec Ops group, right? Cool name for Chinese cyborgs: the Leopard Cubs.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 16:43

@Nachtsider wrote:The ensuing first-ever cyborg-on-cyborg combat is utter mayhem

out from the topic, but I've already done the cyborg-on-cyborg close combat Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 17:19

El Conservatore wrote:Well, given the current ethnic conflict in China, I don't think that PLA needs to be engaging in international assassinations to justify making a cyborg spec-ops branch, just indigenous extermination missions. 

Also, the winning team from China in that competition were the Snow Leopard Spec Ops group, right? Cool name for Chinese cyborgs: the Leopard Cubs.

Indigenous extermination missions is what they normally do, yes. The international assassination was just a plot device to put them in conflict with the SWA and the Israelis.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:24

Unfortunately the UN has created a set of resolutions which are for the rights of children, including the right for children not to be used as law/military enforcement for disputes domestic and international: UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263

This means that cyborgs which use children in their templates and hosts are illegal when used by agencies like the SWA for law enforcement. This is some I have been working on since my first major story (Solution's Resolution) and more or less resolved in my second story (UN Resolution).

It is in UN Resolution, the UN Military take over of Italy in order to capture the SWA Cyborgs, here this take over was stopped by the realization that Italy is not the only nation with child cyborgs which are used in their law enforcement military; in fact that the USA does puts a kink in the UN's attempt to take over Italy as the UN would be kicked out of their headquarters in NYC and no other First World Nation will take them. This leave the UN with a sour mouth taste in what to do: end their take over of Italy or end up with a headquarters in Zimbabwe with third world nations making up their military core! Guess what the UN did?

In UN Resolution the following have child cyborgs of their own technologies: Italy, France, Germany, Great Britain (and their shared nations), The USA, Japan, Russia, China, South Africa, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Spain.

Other nations share technologies with these nations to have their own cyborgs: Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, South Korea, Egypt, Lithuania, Latvia.

Some nations stole technologies to have their cyborgs: Palestine, *France, Somalia, Libya, Bahrain, North Korea, etc.

There are many unknowns in UN Resolution...

Notes: Even though France was experimenting with cybernetic technologies, it was not until they found Francesca on the French side of the French/Italian border that they did not advanced their technologies. Instead of returning Francesca to Italy, they kept her for experiments and technology cloning until they did what they could with her and put her in at orphanage. Once she aged out, Francesca returned to Italy on her own from a "Go Home" program running in her. The best she could do was Rome Italy where she would be found years later...

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:29; edited 1 time in total

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:28

@ElfenMagix wrote:Unfortunately the UN has created a set of resolutions which are for the rights of children, including the right for children not to be used as law/military enforcement for disputes domestic and international: UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263

This means that cyborgs which use children in their templates and hosts are illegal when used by agencies like the SWA for law enforcement. This is some I have been working on since my first major story (Solution's Resolution) and more or less resolved in my second story (UN Resolution).

It is in UN Resolution, the UN Military take over of Italy in order to capture the SWA Cyborgs, here this take over was stopped by the realization that Italy is not the only nation with child cyborgs which are used in their law enforcement military; in fact that the USA does puts a kink in the UN's attempt to take over Italy as the UN would be kicked out of their headquarters in NYC and no other First World Nation will take them. This leave the UN with a sour mouth taste in what to do: end their take over of Italy or end up with a headquarters in Zimbabwe with third world nations making up their military core! Guess what the UN did?

In UN Resolution the following have child cyborgs of their own technologies: Italy, France, Germany, Great Britain (and their shared nations), The USA, Japan, Russia, China, South Africa, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Spain.

Other nations share technologies with these nations to have their own cyborgs: Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, South Korea, Egypt, Lithuania, Latvia.

Some nations stole technologies to have their cyborgs: Palestine, *France, Somalia, Libya, Bahrain, North Korea, etc.

Notes: Even though France was experimenting with cybernetic technologies, it was not until they found Francesca on the French side of the French/Italian border that they did not advanced their technologies. Instead of returning Francesca to Italy, they kept her for experiments and technology cloning until they did what they could with her and put her in at orphanage. Once she aged out, Francesca returned to Italy on her own from a "Go Home" program running in her. The best she could do was Rome Italy where she would be found years later...

so the second generation cyborg; which is far more older, they are bound with the UN Law then?
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:33

Kuroneko wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Unfortunately the UN has created a set of resolutions which are for the rights of children, including the right for children not to be used as law/military enforcement for disputes domestic and international: UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263

so the second generation cyborg; which is far more older, they are bound with the UN Law then?

According to the UN, anyone under age of 21 is not an adult. Infants are from 0 to 5 years old, children are from 5 to 13, and teens are from 13 to 21, with teens and infants being counted as children in all UN Resolutions.

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:35; edited 1 time in total

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:35

Considering that a great number of people have no shits to give about the UN, I think it's safe to assume that if the government of a country decides it's necessary to develop such weaponry in order to "stay competitive", they're going to do it.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:39

El Conservatore, this is true. But it is another thing to get caught. And what then? In my UN Resolution, it almost became a civil war in Italy just to get the UN Forces out, with Padania trying to take a seat of power. It was the actions of various individuals that stopped this and made the UN Forces leave peacefully.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:41

Well the point of the thread is to point out the viability of such an action. Indeed, the example provided demonstrates that a lot of countries that you would generally assume wouldn't be that great at this sort of thing are actually somewhat excellent at special operations. I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to make the UN Investigators keep quiet.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:46

Lets say a dug cartel takes cyborg technology from a Mexican or South American Research facility. With little enforcement powers the need for the UN to be called in order to help has to be made. Then what? A collaborative effort has to be made here or else the UN will get stupid and do to them what they did to Italy in UN Resolution.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:48

....And I've lost the point here. What are you trying to argue?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:51

El Conservatore wrote:...I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to make the UN Investigators keep quiet.

Or disappear.

Watched the PBS Documentary Series or read the book "My Half of the Sky?" Its about the global Sex Slave Trade, where is it and how it effects the rest of the world. It is the same here. The UN is not going to act unless absolute truth of the sex trade exists in a nation's government level and not a bunch of pimps doing a massive operation, for in the past UN Investigators have been paid off or disappeared.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:53

My point here is, Italy at the time of the SWA, is not the only nation with Cyborgs. Because some nations (like Italy) uses children as their cyborg hosts and templates, then use them for law enforcement and military operations, they are breaking an agreed resolution which the UN enforces.

This makes the use of such cyborgs illegal on the international level.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:55

@ElfenMagix wrote:My point here is, Italy at the time of the SWA, is not the only nation with Cyborgs. Because some nations (like Italy) uses children as their cyborg hosts and templates, then use them for law enforcement and military operations, they are breaking an agreed resolution which the UN enforces.

I get the last bit, but what evidence do you have for other parts of the world using them? Unless I'm misunderstanding and you're saying that, in fandom, it is impossible for Italy to be the only nation with cyborgs?

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 19:06

El Conservatore wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:My point here is, Italy at the time of the SWA, is not the only nation with Cyborgs. Because some nations (like Italy) uses children as their cyborg hosts and templates, then use them for law enforcement and military operations, they are breaking an agreed resolution which the UN enforces.

I get the last bit, but what evidence do you have for other parts of the world using them? Unless I'm misunderstanding and you're saying that, in fandom, it is impossible for Italy to be the only nation with cyborgs?

Though this is a fandom in my part, think: in the real world Italy is the bottom of the bowl as far as technology is concerned. Thus such research is not alone in Italy. In fact in the real world, MIT Biometrics lab in the USA is more advanced than the whole nation of Italy. Germany up to WWII was the best prosthetics maker, more advanced than Italy is today. This is sad to be in this kind of national standpoint. Thus mixing real world with Yu Aida's universe, one has to deduce that Italy is not alone in cybernetic research.

Read: http://www.npr.org/2011/08/10/137552538/the-double-amputee-who-designs-better-limbs
http://www.media.mit.edu/research/groups/biomechatronics

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 23:36

Within my OC universe, France is aware of the cyborg program and having witnessed Kara in action, developed their own prototype frère - Christophe Sarrazin and Noël Tachibana.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10884

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 17:17

If we give all our members' creative efforts their due, fanon has governments all around the world fielding cyborg units. Under those circumstances, a rule by the 'debating society' in New York would be given lip service in public and winked at by all involved, I should think. Certainly that would be the case if several of the offenders were permanent members of the Security Council.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1792

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum